Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I wish JJ and Jen would STFU about Failure and her working at the Spectator. will would've been a better journalist than her. No reputable news organizations would ever give her lying, nasty, scheming, trashy, dirtbag, violent, psychotic, disgusting, incompetent ass a job, not even as a custodian. 

Theresa's exit story bores me.

That whole Gabi/Chad/business couple thing was so stupid. The writers could've had Chad and Gabi kiss without forcing us to deal with that trashy wannabe adulteress and her cuckold husband.

Laura is scheming with Andre because?

• Love 4

Did not like the storyline with the two investors with Chad. Bad acting and poorly directed episode all the way around. Even BF who normally is always very good. I noticed that it was a new director (do not remember seeing that director in the credits before). Brady and Theresa scenes were bad too.

• Love 1

The male investor was particularly bad, but I wasn't sure if he was supposed to be bad on purpose since the level of bad was THAT bad.

I didn't mind Gabi kissing Chad, since, well, it's Chad. And she's not Abigail.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

I could have really done without the stupid Three's Company-esque skit they inserted with Chad and his dopey investors.  Unless you're John Ritter, it's not funny.

And hooray (not) for Laura's incompetence.  She left the barn door open and Mrs. Ed escaped.  I can't tell you how much I'm dreading the arrival of that shrew.  Gabi and Chad are cool.  Why not leave it at that? JJ can take a hike.  He bores me along with his zombie mother.  Can you tell I'm not in a charitable mood this evening? 

• Love 7

I'm not in a charitable mood either. Yes, it was nice that Patch asked Kayla to marry him. Maybe you need to prove yourself a bit, first.

Gabi could have changed into something a bit less dressy to go to Jennifer's house to see JJ. Yeah, your two worlds don't really uh, fit.  JJ, you are too boring for Gabi.

Theresa deserves a better exit story. Tell the lunkhead Brady what is going on. Both of you can disappear, together. Or whatever.

Laura? Keeping her granddaughter being alive a secret? In cahoots with Andre?

• Love 2

Theresa's exit storyline is terrible which is such a shame because I like the character and really like the actress.  Hate hate hate Jennifer's outfit.  Not a huge Gabi fan but love seeing lots of Chad- is there anyone else in their age group?  With Theresa leaving, is it just Sonny, Paul, and JJ?  That group could really use an injection of new players because then you are just rotating Abby/Chad, Gabi/JJ.  I actually thought it was a mistake when they shoved Melanie with Brady the last time she was on because she worked better with this age group.

I'm out.  I'll put up with a lot, but I can't watch this shitty Theresa exit storyline AND the return of Abigail.  Life is too short.

I'll keep an eye on the Board and I wish you all well.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7
12 minutes ago, boes said:

I'm out.  I'll put up with a lot, but I can't watch this shitty Theresa exit storyline AND the return of Abigail.  Life is too short.

Don't go Boes! Stay....

• Love 6
8 hours ago, boes said:

No, don't go! I need my Boes snark.  Then again, I had to force myself to watch yesterday's episode so who knows how long I can hang in there.

I have blepharitis and have to use a warm mask on my eyes.  It helps to have something to listen to while doing it, so sometimes I put Days on while I'm lying there.  It really doesn't matter that I can't see anything and the dialogue lulls me into a good sleep.

Edited by Polaris
  • Love 2

I'm so annoyed at Chloe for not telling Nicole that her baby that she's carrying is Nicole's.  Nicole has the right to know.  I know Chloe hates Deimos but she should've let Nicole know.  Chloe should have said something like "before you leave with Deimos I want to have a private word with you....." 

Nicole is the ultimate loser in all of this.  It's just so unfair.

• Love 3

I'm flabbergasted about Laura colluding with Andre to keep Abigail away from her family and let them think she's dead.

Justin is becoming more and more one of my least favorite characters.

Kate telling Andre not to get vengeance.  That's a laugh.

I'm wondering if Theresa will fake her death to get rid of Mateo.

Joey wants to break up with Jade.  I guess that means she's going to be pregnant.

How would Sonny possibly be the best person to keep an eye on the docks?  Victor and Deimos don't have thugs who can do that?

Wait, what?  How did Andre save Kayla and Marlena?

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Wait, what?  How did Andre save Kayla and Marlena?

He figured out where Orpheus was.  He had some of his people down at the docks report to him that they saw suspicious activity going on in the location where Orpheus had them.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Michel said:

He figured out where Orpheus was.  He had some of his people down at the docks report to him that they saw suspicious activity going on in the location where Orpheus had them.

I thought Sonny figured that out from Paul and Derek?

• Love 1

Ugh, my fuse is becoming short with this show now too.  I will miss you here boes, but i understand and may not be far behind you...

Not happy with Theresa's exit.  I hate that she has to keep the truth from everyone, mainly because she knows Brady can't control being a Gorilla Asshat and would likely stomp off to Mateo and get killed despite what anyone tells him.  So instead, she will walk away from her own happiness, likely get called all sorts of bad stuff by those who don't know, and be forced to live with someone she now despises.  Nothing good comes from this.  Meanwhile Brady gets to keep the child and will likely get over Theresa and move on before New Years...

Once again, my girl Chloe gets the shit role will be the bad guy in this whole baby saga.  I hate how this is obviously going to play out.  The truth will come out, Chloe will be the worst person in the world for what she did, Deimos will be on his high-horse, Nicole and Chloe's friendship will be over.  Chloe will once again be made into a shell of her former self and insulted and downed and...all because of stupid Deimos really.  It stinks because it could have played out better, or even not have Chloe be pregnant at all (big purses and plants).  Instead, dead-Daniel has another child, Chloe is doing something amoral that will make her an even bigger pariah in Salem.  Deimos will act like his shit don't stink.  And one of my favorite soap-friendships, Chloe and Nicole will be ruined.

The return of Abigail in any form sucks...

Ugh to the corrupt Salem PD, the ruination of Hope, and all that goes with it.

The stupid teen set...

While I still adore Steve and Kayla, I'm not sure they can hold me with all else going on...

• Love 7
On 2016-11-05 at 0:09 AM, boes said:

Deimos, SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP.  Chloe, if you did this for Nicole then TELL HER.

Someone explain it to me like I'm Brady: How does Chloe "realize" after she becomes pregnant that the baby's not Deimos's and it's not even hers? Is it possible to essentially forget carrying a child as a surrogate? And if that's what is happening, why the hell wouldn't she tell Nicole the instant she put it together? Although her confession to Dummy Phillip was amusing if only for the look on his face when Chloe told him her asinine secret: I'll assume that JPL was going for astonishment, but what I saw was closer to "Wait -- which one is Nicole, again?" befuddlement.

Not that André is wrong about the Keystone Bradys owning the Salem PD, of course, but I don't see how this is a viable character. In a town stuffed to the municipal limits with sanctimonious, hypocritical creeps, André is in a (blood-soaked) class by himself: Giving him any kind of outrage or moral high ground is just stupid, even though he's bound to be taken down a peg or seven eventually -- and probably by Kate. But why does anyone even listen to the tripe that falls out every time he opens his mouth? Every single person in town should just ask "So all the people in this room who aren't the bugfuck-crazy, serial killer homicidal maniac? ... Not so fast, André!" and ignore everything he says. Steve and Kayla should have walked out of the church the moment he opened his yap.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5

I had hopes for Theresa's exit story but watching her implode her own happiness just because she's afraid that Brady will get killed is annoying as all get out.  JL is a hell of an actress but man, there is nothing noble about her plans to live with Mateo.

• Love 8

Don't know how long I will continue to keep watching. I've been watching for a long time. One of the reasons I still do is that I enjoy chatting with everyone here.

No one has been compelling.

Yeah, Sonny, be jealous over your ex having breakfast with a new man in his life. Be semi not interested in your mother's upcoming wedding. Justin, your ex-wife is not your property. The divorce papers have been signed.

Theresa, stand up for yourself and tell Brady the truth. Maybe the two of you can work out a good plan.

• Love 3

I skimmed through today's show, the first I've seen this week.  I never thought I'd find the Andre/Kate scenes the best of the lot but they annoyed me the least.

The Theresa storyline, I just can't watch.  It's just such a waste for her to once again be the town pariah because, as some of you have said, Brady can't NOT act like a bonehead.  Why she can't just fake her death like one of you suggested is beyond me.

Jade and Joey....do we care?  The actress who plays Jade is pretty decent but the character?  

Daniel's magic sperm and Chloe's Easy Bake Uterus do not a compelling storyline make.

• Love 3

I'm laughing at the the writers attempts at turning Sonny into a shady Kiriakis. Stop it. And this whole jealously thing over Derrick is not a good look at all. Sparkle is single, and I will give him credit for seemingly being sincere about moving on. Sonny is acting like Failure.

Speaking of Sparkle, why is he being inserted into the Kiriakis shady dealings? He's supposed to be a moral, upstanding PI, not a goon for hire. 

Didn't Kate have a realization that associating with Clyde was a mistake? Why is she know hanging out with Andre?

I hope Jen doesn't go easy on her precious mother when she finds out she's been scheming with Andre. For once it appears she may have a legit reason to act like her usual hateful self. 

I'm starting to dislike Nicole the way I did during the Destroyed Documents period.

• Love 5

Wowsers - the Stayla scenes on Tuesday were so hot, I'm pretty sure I blushed watching them...! Chemistry much?

Similarly, I liked the Thrady scenes with her feigning drunkenness. JL did a good job and we got to see what at least felt like a new shade of Brady....and Victor.

• Love 4
14 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I had hopes for Theresa's exit story but watching her implode her own happiness just because she's afraid that Brady will get killed is annoying as all get out.  JL is a hell of an actress but man, there is nothing noble about her plans to live with Mateo.

Yeah, I'm not watching until after JL wraps things up.  The story is beyond stupid and disappointing, as is the return of the useless character Abigail.  Soaps used to be a comforting means of escapism; now they're just infuriating.  I'll give it another go in a couple of weeks.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Wowsers - the Stayla scenes on Tuesday were so hot, I'm pretty sure I blushed watching them...! Chemistry much?

Similarly, I liked the Thrady scenes with her feigning drunkenness. JL did a good job and we got to see what at least felt like a new shade of Brady....and Victor.

Definite chemistry between them.  30 years later  Steve and Kayla are still just as hot as they were that night on the roof.  Right now SN & MBE are the only reason why I'm still hanging in on this show. 

I'm going to miss Jenn Lilley, but I'm not enjoying this exit.  Maybe if it didn't feel like it came out of nowhere I would.

• Love 5

Gee, I'm so glad Valerie is letting Theo know that he has a right to his feelings.  She's also being really condescending. Why is she dressed like a Star Trek red shirt?

Abigail ASKED Andre to help her hide?  I call bogus.

Damn, Jen Lilley needs an Emmy.

I wonder if those donuts have JJ's special ingredient in them.

Loving Gabi's interactions with Vicky.  :)

Damn, JJ, way to kill the mood.

• Love 2

I just deleted Days from my DVR and Dishin' Days form my podcasts. Once every two weeks Steve and Kayla moments don't warrant my time, effort, energy or frustration.  I'll keep checking to see if a worthwhile episode airs and to hear you guys thoughts on the goings on.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Gee, I'm so glad Valerie is letting Theo know that he has a right to his feelings.  She's also being really condescending.

I just watched that now and didn't see anything condescending about Valerie's interactions with Theo.  I saw her acting like the adult she is while Theo acted like an ungrateful brat to her.  Again.  Some more.  Over something she had no way of knowing about.  I'm so glad Abe reminded him of that again, but it seemed to not do anything.

As I said the week before last, Theo has been my favorite to watch out of the teen scene characters.  But if he keeps this up, he's going to become my least favorite.  And given that the other characters in that age group are Joey (still not very bright, but at least learning from his mistakes now), Ciara (who's admittedly been acting surprisingly more mature as of late), and Claire (with whom I'd actually had no problems until her behavior during the convict crisis), that's gonna say a lot.

• Love 5

I'm with you guys that aren't enjoying the show anymore. The 3 villains was mostly fun to watch, but now everything is just bad.  Today was the first episode I've watched since last week, and the Theresa exit is horrible. So rushed. 

The Chad/Gabi/investors thing was also stupid.  Abigail's return is too soon. She needed to be gone much, much longer.  Theo's hatred of Valerie is annoying. And though it was fun watching the boys play their games, what was the point.

Everything just seems so off.  Maybe Drake's accident forced quick rewrites and this is the result.   Or if this is what we're to expect from Dena, not sure how long I'll be sticking around.  Though something happening in January does excite me, so I will try to hold on till then.

• Love 5

You'd think the Horton house would have a man-cave basement so the Xbox or PlayStation could be hooked up without anyone caring. Donuts! The JJ Horton specials?

Who is the mystery blonde with the hat stalking Chad? Can it be - Abs? You'd think she wouldn't hide and would go straight home to the mansion.

Kim, Brady is dumb as rocks. What sort of truth are you planning to tell him?

I can see Theo angry about the prospect of a woman entering his father's life. Especially one he knew before meeting his mother. I didn't think Valerie was inappropriate.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Only caught bits and pieces of today but...was Theresa not faking her overdose?!

I've missed most of this week and only saw some of today, so I'm confused too.  I thought it was supposed to be all fake, but it looked real there at the end.

The rest still seems too rushed.  Suddenly just as Jade learns she is pregnant, Joey wants to break up with her.  JJ tells Gabi about "cheating off screen" just as she and Chad are getting closer, and the mystery woman appears.  And why are they so secretive about her.  Don't the writers remember that the viewers know that Abigail isn't dead? 

• Love 1

This better be a hoax. 

Jade is pregnant. 

You hear that: JADE IS PREGNANT. 

I'm hoping this girl is lying because she's obsessed with Joey and she wants to get away from her dad by lying.   And if she really is pregnant can we be sure the baby is his?   Or screw it fall on a ice patch and lose the baby all together. 

Ugh.  Days don't have these two with child. Plus I'm sick of these Bradys who don't believe in contraceptive as teens!   We seen this with Sami and Will.   Now Joey slow self didn't bother to use a condom.   You can create stories without always the inserting a kid as your plot,  Days! 

Lastly Salem is becoming baby rabies!  Ari, Thomas,  Tate,  Nicole's soon to be baby and maybe baby of Joey's.  This show doesn't allow their audience the last few yrs to get use to children for long periods of time.   

Other than that,  I did like Jade telling off Claire.   Mind your business Claire acting like your momma Belle in everyone's stuff.   Get somewhere and play with Theo.   

I'm sick of weak ass Brady.   The fact he has the DNA of John and Victor is mind-boggling to me.   Theresa getting trashed again is no surprise.   The amount of pressure she's been under it was only a matter of time before she  relapsed.  I think Jen Lilley is doing a relatively good job with her story. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5

Hopefully Jade has a miscarriage or abortion.

Are the people who wrote Failure's fake death and the current writers different? Why are they acting like the audience doesn't know that freak is alive and stalking Chad?

Theresa's exit story is trash and rushed as hell. So stupid. The writers had plenty of time to plan a proper exit for her. 

• Love 8

Come to think of it,  I think maybe Theresa is doing drugs could be her new exit strategy.   Brady finding out she relapses and she'll go away that way so she can still stay in Salem and be near him/Tate.   Least thats what my mind is saying and it leaves the door open.  Maybe if  she doesn't go to Mexico after all,  it will spark some potential problems between Mateo and the rest of the Kiriakis'. 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

I don't understand what Kim is telling Brady, and why she even called him.

I am so glad JJ said "you've done a complete 180", because people tend to say "complete 360", which just gets you back to where you started from.  :)

That JJ and Theresa scene was really good.

It's kind of silly to see what we clearly know is Abigail just from the back of her head and her hands, when it's a totally different actress whom we won't recognize, anyway.

Victor is helping Theresa just by being himself.

Theresa is in church and Brady just walks out, does nobody think to check on Tate?

Wow, Jade, you are such a bitch. I knew she was going to be pregnant.

Oh, good, Theresa.  Booze and pills and coke.

Sure a lot of revelations today.

Little Thomas was sure having a lot of trouble breathing there at the end.

• Love 3

I'm guessing, "babyJade" and the mystery ONS that JJ had could very well be the same situation?  No spoilers here, just speculation.  Would/could make more sense.  Jade maybe wanted to get pregnant to hold on to dim-bulb Joey and JJ was drunk and willing and vague in memory.  Perhaps he'll see her and his memory will rush back with her face...

Seems weird that he can absolutely not live with himself now, when all this happened many weeks before and he seemed fine living with himself and getting back with Gabi.  But now...OMG!  I'm smelling a re-write here.

• Love 7

COMING SOON TO BABIES OF OUR LIVES....

Super Baby (aka baby Jonas), battles the Jaded One (aka baby Johnson) while his toddling peers watch in amazement. 

Are the writers trying to reach the toddler demographic by writing in all of these baby stories?

• Love 3
7 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Theresa's exit story is trash and rushed as hell. So stupid. The writers had plenty of time to plan a proper exit for her. 

Agreed; it's thoroughly contrived and stupid. (WTF, Kim?) Even so, Jen Lilley's kind of breaking my heart right now. Even JJ's self-pitying asshattery burns less than usual.

• Love 3