Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I thought I remembered Gabi and Chad going out a couple of times in high school but nothing ever really becoming of it.  I believe this was before Chad and Mia were together.  Though I could be wrong.  But Gabi and Chad did interact, they were all part of the same teen scene.

• Love 1

Nicole is being ridiculous. She acts like she would have to share a room with Deimos if she moved into the mansion or that she can't just move out once the convicts have been caught/killed.

I have no idea what's going on with DJ Wear, but maybe investors are bowing out because no one seems to be doing any work and the company hasn't bothered to release any products even though there was a big fashion show eight months ago.

I get why Kate wouldn't be welcome at the K mansion but why wouldn't she be welcome at the Dimeria mansion? Also, she's a real viscous piece of shit. After drugging Theresa and having Tate kidnapped you'd think she'd at least have the decency to leave DJ Wear alone. And I don't even understand why she's doing this. She used to go after people who harmed her or her kids. Now it seems she's been reduced to picking fights and causing problems for people just for shits and giggles.

Phillip and Chloe are stupid for going to Kate for help. If they need help changing a paternity test they should call Sami.

• Love 8
29 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Nicole is being ridiculous. She acts like she would have to share a room with Deimos if she moved into the mansion or that she can't just move out once the convicts have been caught/killed.

I have no idea what's going on with DJ Wear, but maybe investors are bowing out because no one seems to be doing any work and the company hasn't bothered to release any products even though there was a big fashion show eight months ago.

I get why Kate wouldn't be welcome at the K mansion but why wouldn't she be welcome at the Dimeria mansion? Also, she's a real viscous piece of shit. After drugging Theresa and having Tate kidnapped you'd think she'd at least have the decency to leave DJ Wear alone. And I don't even understand why she's doing this. She used to go after people who harmed her or her kids. Now it seems she's been reduced to picking fights and causing problems for people just for shits and giggles.

Phillip and Chloe are stupid for going to Kate for help. If they need help changing a paternity test they should call Sami.

Kate is a cartoon and her hatred of Chloe is so over the top..She was nicer to Sami who did much worst, to her and her family...I wish Kate had channeled her hatefulness to Ben, the psycho that killed her beloved grandson Will.  If they could tie her out of character behavior to her suppressed grief for Will, it would mitigate her evilness, somewhat....Kate, Lucas and Sami not avenging Will's death is out of character.. They are grey characters, they can commit crimes, even murder, and not be ruined.  Unlike Hope, who is supposed to uphold the law...

Deimos is annoying....Chloe's pregnancy is unnecessary.. Do women on soaps use birth control..You would think that, after the debacle with Parker's paternity, Chloe would have been woman enough, to not let this happen again..I wish that soaps would stop having who is the daddy storylines..It has been done to the death.. 

Justin and Eve had possibilities...A Justin/Eve/Adrienne/Eduardo quad would have been good.. A Justin/Eve relationship would have been good  in the interim.. I do want a Justin/Adrienne endgame with Eve/Eduardo as well..

The show was okay today.....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

I guess every episode can't be exciting, but today was pretty boring for a Friday.  

Still annoyed that Bo died only 2 months before the "love of Nicole's life" and Hope had no trouble quickly moving on with Rafe, and barely ever mentions Bo, whilst Nicole has to mention Daniel pretty much every time she's on screen. Not to mention that Hope should also be "mourning" the end of her relationship with Aiden.  She should never have been ready to move on romantically that quickly, and I wish the writers had realized that.  

I do like the characters bringing up history. I would have liked to have seen flashbacks of Philip and Chloe in high school, but of course different actor for Philip. Was there also a different actor playing Chad when he and Gabi were in high school?

• Love 4
24 minutes ago, buffynut said:

I guess every episode can't be exciting, but today was pretty boring for a Friday.  

Still annoyed that Bo died only 2 months before the "love of Nicole's life" and Hope had no trouble quickly moving on with Rafe, and barely ever mentions Bo, whilst Nicole has to mention Daniel pretty much every time she's on screen. Not to mention that Hope should also be "mourning" the end of her relationship with Aiden.  She should never have been ready to move on romantically that quickly, and I wish the writers had realized that.  

I do like the characters bringing up history. I would have liked to have seen flashbacks of Philip and Chloe in high school, but of course different actor for Philip. Was there also a different actor playing Chad when he and Gabi were in high school?

There was a different actor playing Chad and a different actress playing Gabi in the past.. His interactions with her was very minimal....It wasn't until Mia left the show after the baby switching storyline was revealed...I remember a Will/Mia/Chad triangle..Mia and Will were sweet...The anvils were dropping that Will was not straight....He was very awkward with Mia, but, they were charming together..I loved their strong bond with Grace.....

• Love 3

Late on this- but I would sacrifice a dozen Nicks for the Sami/Kate/Gabbi coverup which was one of the BEST storylines in recent years.  I still remember the look on EJs face when Sami told him the truth- beyond hilarious.

• Love 6

"[Salem] is the paternity switching capital of the world."  And Philip and Nicole should know, since Parker's DNA test was switched like three times.

I'm sure Kate is an expert on big guns.

What is Kate's opinion of Carrie?

I don't really care for Andre, but I love him with Kate.  "Thank goodness you're not a bitch."

Why does Theresa care about Joey?

"We could find out if Caroline Brady has kept her computer skills up."  LOL!  That is too funny, coming from Philip.

Wow, if I were a woman (which I am not), and a man told me to go powder my nose, I would have told him to fuck off and would have left.

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

"[Salem] is the paternity switching capital of the world."  And Philip and Nicole should know, since Parker's DNA test was switched like three times.

I'm sure Kate is an expert on big guns.

What is Kate's opinion of Carrie?

I don't really care for Andre, but I love him with Kate.  "Thank goodness you're not a bitch."

Why does Theresa care about Joey?

"We could find out if Caroline Brady has kept her computer skills up."  LOL!  That is too funny, coming from Philip.

Wow, if I were a woman (which I am not), and a man told me to go powder my nose, I would have told him to fuck off and would have left.

I believe Kate and Carrie are ok now.  They did go through a weird rough patch for a really short period of time.  For the most part Kate has always been a Carrie fan. 

1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Yeah, Casey Deidrick originated the role of Chad.  That was back when he was just Will's best friend and part of the teen scene.  He began to get more emeshed with other characters when he and Mia became pregnant.  It sort of roped them into more adult storylines with Nicole, Sami, EJ, and Rafe.  Of course Grace (Chad and Mia's biological daughter,  Sami's adoptive daughter) dying was a huge moment for his character. 

Speaking of Mia, I wouldn't mind them bringing the character back.  Whether or not she has anything to do with Chad it would be nice to see another woman in that age group who has history on the show.  I also liked her bond with Nicole and could see them having that big sister/little sister dynamic again.

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I believe Kate and Carrie are ok now.  They did go through a weird rough patch for a really short period of time.  For the most part Kate has always been a Carrie fan. 

Yeah, Casey Deidrick originated the role of Chad.  That was back when he was just Will's best friend and part of the teen scene.  He began to get more emeshed with other characters when he and Mia became pregnant.  It sort of roped them into more adult storylines with Nicole, Sami, EJ, and Rafe.  Of course Grace (Chad and Mia's biological daughter,  Sami's adoptive daughter) dying was a huge moment for his character. 

Speaking of Mia, I wouldn't mind them bringing the character back.  Whether or not she has anything to do with Chad it would be nice to see another woman in that age group who has history on the show.  I also liked her bond with Nicole and could see them having that big sister/little sister dynamic again.

However, she hated Nicole after she found out that she used her and her baby Grace in her plans to steal Sydney from Sami....Nicole did let her hold Grace before she died....It was a kind gesture for  Nicole to have done that, given the horrific circumstances..I always felt that Marlena should have been a part of Grace's death storyline..I remember Stefano cruelly mocking Sami about Grace's death and Sami lunging at him, lol....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

However, she hated Nicole after she found out that she used her and her baby Grace in her plans to steal Sydney from Sami....Nicole did let her hold Grace before she died....It was a kind gesture for  Nicole to have done that, given the horrific circumstances..I always felt that Marlena should have been a part of Grace's death storyline..I remember Stefano cruelly mocking Sami about Grace's death and Sami lunging at him, lol....

Yeah, in my head I was thinking that Mia would show up in Salem, possibly not wanting anything to do with Nicole again, forcing Nicole to sort of show Mia how she has changed over the years.  With Nicole slowly winning Mia back into her life.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Yeah, in my head I was thinking that Mia would show up in Salem, possibly not wanting anything to do with Nicole again, forcing Nicole to sort of show Mia how she has changed over the years.  With Nicole slowly winning Mia back into her life.

I would want Mia to come back to mess with Abigail for living the life she could have had with Chad, had Grace not died..Or she could have become obsessed with Arianna and kidnapped her....She was truly rocked about Grace's death...Sami was a victim, but, she was the biggest one...Sami did get Sydney back, while she had nothing....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Michel said:

Is Melissa and Joey still running?  If so, I don't see Taylor Spreitler as Mia returning anytime soon since she plays their daughter on that show.

It's not on the air anymore.  Although I wouldn't mind a recast as well.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Why does Theresa care about Joey?.

Because the show decided to remember that they are cousins.  Joey's mother, Kayla (how it pains me to say that) and Theresa's mother, Kimberly are sisters.

As an aside, Does the show think we care about this ridiculous baby daddy story they concocted for Chloe?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

Because the show decided to remember that they are cousins.  Joey's mother, Kayla (how it pains me to say that) and Theresa's mother, Kimberly are sisters.

It absolutely floors me that Theresa who is a BRADY acts like she doesn't have any friends/family other than Nicole in Salem since Eve left.  Her shower was just sad- she and Gabbi worked together at her company, right?  Even at their engagement party everyone was there for Brady- I don't get it.  Other than Caroline and Eric who is in prison, she is almost completely unattached which is bizarre.  Would have loved to see he share some screen time with cousin Sami before she left. 

• Love 1
8 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Well, they had to do something to explain Nadia's pregnancy, so they went with this.

There was no need to write her pregnancy in...I think it is demeaning that they have Chloe pregnant with random men like Taniel and Deimos...Chloe is being used to prop the writers' pets and their agenda, to make them a part of the show..Chloe has had popular pairings with both Brady and Philip....Parker should be Philip's..The show has never had any of their female characters get pregnant by random men, that have nothing to do with their history...Not Sami, Hope, Kim, Carrie, Marlena, Kayla, Jennifer, e.t.c...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I thought Theresa's hair looked good today. Too bad Eve couldn't stick around a bit. Even a brief romance for her and Justin would have been nice.

No one has really cared about Joey or his existence - seems to be the cousin you see at a family holiday dinner and that's it.

Chloe and Phillip, you don't go to Kate and ask her to find someone/pay someone off to switch paternity. Yes, if Deimos is the biological daddy, all three of you work together as adults to look after the child and put his or her interests first over your petty garbage and issues. No forced and loveless marriage, no nothing.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

The usual potted plants, furniture,  shots from the waist up, etc. could have been used to hide it.

Trouble is, how many of us could tell the difference between Nadia and a potted plant?  That would like trying to tell the difference between this version of Philip and a demonically possessed Betsey Wetsey doll.......those grimaces and facial twitches fascinate me....

• Love 5

I have mostly enjoyed the shows this week with lots of characters interacting with each other. I have not enjoyed any scenes with the Three Idiots and their guns and knives and tying people up and talking about revenge and payback. Yuck. That is not entertaining.

• Love 1

I caught up on Friday's episode and have to agree it's nice to see so many of the characters interacting with one another.

I'm glad we got some closure on the whole DJ Wear plot but it felt kind of sudden, and I'm not at all sure how Kate convincing their investors to back out helps DiMera Enterprises. I think Dena just didn't want to have to continue the story anymore. Kate really is the source of everyone's problems these days isn't she? It's overkill...

And we still don't have a single mention of Ann. So her mother was ill and that's why she missed the wedding? And now there are killers out to get Theresa and she hasn't so much as called her close friend? Even Billie has called Kate to see how she's doing and she hasn't been on the show in years! And the closure of DJ Wear means Ann is out of a job doesn't it?

I'm trying to remember if Ann appeared at all during the 50th Anniversary stuff that Dena was writing. I hope she doesn't have anything against the character...

Philip and Chloe and Deimos could vanish tomorrow and I would not care one bit.

I like Andre and Kate, but I still can't get past the fact that he's a serial killer who is following her around and flirting with her, to her great pleasure. He's a good actor and I like their chemistry but really now...

Eve continues to be one of the show's biggest wasted opportunities. I can't believe she was on for almost 10 months and was so unlikable. Kassie clearly knows how to rock everything they give her but her storyline with JJ and Jennifer was the absolute pits. Her and Wally really would make a nice couple.

I feel really bad for Judi Evans. I'm rooting for her character to break up with Lucas but I'm also rooting for her character's ex-husband to move on with someone else. What could she possibly do in this show?

2 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I'm glad we got some closure on the whole DJ Wear plot but it felt kind of sudden, and I'm not at all sure how Kate convincing their investors to back out helps DiMera Enterprises. I think Dena just didn't want to have to continue the story anymore. Kate really is the source of everyone's problems these days isn't she? It's overkill...

I like Andre and Kate, but I still can't get past the fact that he's a serial killer who is following her around and flirting with her, to her great pleasure. He's a good actor and I like their chemistry but really now...

Kate sabotaged DJ Wear to help Dimeria Enterprises? Since when is DE involved in fashion?

Kate was married to Stefano. He may not have been a serial killer but he was responsible for the deaths of many people. As long as she continues to be written like this I say Andre is exactly who she deserves.

• Love 3

You know, even though I knew she was back with DiMera Enterprises, for a second I got confused and thought she was still running Basic Black...but that is part of Titan now. And she isn't because she left Titan when Deimos came back from the dead.

This really speaks to how many resets her character has had in the last four months, doesn't it?

Nicole is running Basic Black now, right? So essentially, Kate sabotaging DJ Wear makes ...no sense.

• Love 1

I thought Nicole was involved with TBD? It's very hard to keep track of where Nicole and Kate are working these days. Neither Brady nor Theresa seem to do much work at DJ Wear and it hasn't released any products at all so I don't even know how there were any clients left for Kate to convince to jump ship. I thought Gabi was a model at Basic Black but now all of a sudden she's working at Dimeria. Sparkle is a baseball player turned model turned PI (I guess). Lucas apparently still works at Dimeria. I don't know if Abe or Roman is the police chief. Adrienne and Jen don't seem to have jobs. People seem to switch from one career to the next like it's nothing, and that's if they even have a job that ever gets mentioned in the first place.

• Love 3

There really just playing musical chairs with everyone's careers.  Abe is still the mayor and Roman still the police commissioner.  Who knows next week they will have Abe and Roman opening an interior design firm.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

I thought Nicole was involved with TBD?

Nicole was only involved in TBD enough to get it redecorated.  Dario still runs TBD at Eduardo's request.

And I think DJ Wear was closed down because of Jen Lilley's (and Theresa's) impending exit.  No reason to hold onto it anymore with her leaving.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, JBC344 said:

There really just playing musical chairs with everyone's careers.  Abe is still the mayor and Roman still the police commissioner.  Who knows next week they will have Abe and Roman opening an interior design firm.

Roman should go for a Hair Club for Men franchise.

• Love 2

I'm not always high on Marlena/John these days but I'm enjoying how they are equally annoyed with Claire and her singing career.

The more I look at Marlena's  facial expressions just says it all: Why can't she live with other grandmomma?  Shit!   I done raised my damn children!  Belle needs to come get this gal. 

Marlena be mean muggin her so hard too. 

???

Ok enough with the warning shots.   We get it, these villains have poor aim shooting people. 

AND OMG PHILIP...  WHY WAS HE LOOKING LIKE JUSTIN BIEBER TODAY!  WHYYY ?

And Chloe needs to trust and believe her baby secret won't stay low key for long.   It's Salem,  secrets always come out.  ?

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 4

If the show really wants us to understand Claire's fixation on her career right now, they should have explained that something important was happening online. If all she's doing is tweeting to fans while her town is in lockdown and there are killers on the loose, that doesn't seem important to her actual career. She acts like she's being kept from the biggest concert of her life or something. Take a pill dear. I have a sinking feeling that within the next 2 months I'm going to hate this character.

Today's episode kind of made it difficult to take the villains seriously. If they really just want to kill people they've already had two chances now. Also, the edit of the gunshot and cut to black only to come back and have the villains gone is such a cop out. They already did something similar during the wedding and now they're reusing it like a week later? What - did the actors playing Clyde and Orpheus have to call it a day and walk off set before they could shoot the scene of them running off? And since when is Kate Batman and able to disappear even while Marlena and Claire are staring straight at her?

This show doesn't have to be as stupid as it comes off.

I was kind of irritated by Steve's order to Kayla to stay inside and not let anybody into the house. Your house has already been broken into once, bozo, and Kayla is definitely not safe by herself recovering from surgery. I don't care if there's a guard outside your door - take your wife and take her elderly mother and bring them somewhere safe.

The continual absence of Caroline makes me very worried that something is wrong with Peggy. I don't see why she wouldn't have factored into the story otherwise.

• Love 6

Oh these dangerous escaped convicts are truly cracking me up.  If their goal is to kill people then all I can say is EPIC FAIL.  I never watched during the Orpheus days but everyone has said he was a scary dude, but not so much now.  And when Clyde was threatening Kate I could only imagine her thinking WTF was I doing screwing this hillbilly.

Why is everyone going down this weird and lonely alley if there are escaped convicts running around?  What happened to Horton Town Square where there are people.  And if these crooks in their pathetic "disguises" are continually spotted in this alley, how about the keystone cops stake out the place.

• Love 8

Kate, you're an idiot to be wandering around alone with Clyde free when you KNOW he's free and actually threatened you once.

Claire is really annoying.

Chloe and Philip should have asked Nicole to change the DNA test, I'm sure she'd know how to do it.

OMG, and now Claire and Marlena just walk right into their clutches.  How stupid can people be?

"What do you say we finish off that Johnson bloodline with you?"  Er, could you start with Abigail, please?  And you know that Joey has a sister, right, if you know all about all of the people in Salem?

• Love 6

Clair's reaction to Orpheus was....underwhelming. Like she was thinking "dang it, I need to get to the hospital for the wi fi." 

And the stupidity of the villains astound me. I think they must be writing them like this just to give the not-so-bright heroes a chance to win. Though that "panic button" wasn't such a bad idea. 

Why oh why did they bring back Orpheus only so that he can be inept. But he still has the best lines! Actually, that's the only reason to make him "inept"- keeps him around a little longer to deliver those zingers.  

• Love 4
25 minutes ago, bannana said:

And when Clyde was threatening Kate I could only imagine her thinking WTF was I doing screwing this hillbilly.

Quoted for truth!

Of all the bizarre things the various writing regimes have done with Kate lately, having her sleep with a small town, broken down drug dealer tops the list.  I don't think Eduardo was her type, either, but he was less objectionable than Clyde.

Claire continues to be a moron, as does Joey.  All of the teens except Theo need to go.

• Love 6

Rwgarding Katw and clyde..one has to remember that Kate was with Curtis in her youth...and Clyde seems like the same type of guy that Curtis was.  It would be interestong to delve more into kate's backstory that has her going for guys like Clyde/Curtis.

Btw, the new regime has been writing for a few weeks...thoughts on the newest co headwriter?

• Love 2

I'll excuse Kate marrying Curtis at 18 versus 40 plus years later getting with Clyde.  The problem is that Clyde was never written succinctly. Part of the time you could see the attraction other times it was so random.

• Love 5

I kind of liked how, after Orpheus threatened Claire, Marlena stepped in front of her to shield her and Claire hid her face in Mar's hair--that felt very real to me and it showed Claire's fear.  And did she really think the old lady was faking them out just to get their body guard away from her and Mar or did she just say that to John for kicks?  And I kind of like how annoyed John and Mar are with Claire--it felt very much like grandparents not understanding these crazy kids.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I kind of liked how, after Orpheus threatened Claire, Marlena stepped in front of her to shield her and Claire hid her face in Mar's hair--that felt very real to me and it showed Claire's fear.  And did she really think the old lady was faking them out just to get their body guard away from her and Mar or did she just say that to John for kicks?  And I kind of like how annoyed John and Mar are with Claire--it felt very much like grandparents not understanding these crazy kids.

Well, I hope today gives Claire her wakeup call.  Her life should be way more important than her damn WiFi.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I'll excuse Kate marrying Curtis at 18 versus 40 plus years later getting with Clyde.  The problem is that Clyde was never written succinctly. Part of the time you could see the attraction other times it was so random.

Kate was okay with Clyde hurting people, especially ,Victor...Clyde intimated that he did not like Will poking his nose into his business, and that there would be consequences, Kate said nothing..Her beloved grandson, whom she plotted to kill for, and she did not warn or threatened Clyde to stay away from Will...She seemed to get a kick out of it...Kate should have seen who Clyde was, not to mention Victor mentioned that very fact to her..Victor and Kate were very much in love and united, when Curtis came to Salem, to mess with them..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

A SLEEPOVER WITH JULIE? Ohh, helll, no.

"Salem is the paternity result switching capital of the world." HA! Dummy Philip gets a pass this week.

I've discovered I don't find Orpheus (... seriously? Get a real name. Get one for Terror Kiriakis while you're up, fool.) at all threatening. Or interesting. Or worth my attention.

Chad, you have some little spark with Gabi. Why must you spend it all talking about draggy, selfish Abigail? Also: a panic room should be a refuge from panic, not its cause. Little design flaw, there, boss.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5
33 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

But she was never this vapid before. The writing has turned against her.

I somewhat identify with Claire and her Internet addiction since I have to admit to having it, too.  But really, when a psycho who's after your grandparents is lurking about, one whom they know very, very well, dealing with said grandparents' "crappy" WiFi really has to tide you over for the time being.

• Love 3