Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I think JPL is not that bad as Philip.  What bothers me is how anorexic like he looks.  

I am so glad that baby Thomas will be takin care by Lucas and Adrienne.  Best decision Jen and Chad ever made.  I'm annoyed by Jen because she caused Chad to doubt himself whether he could be a good parent to Thomas.  I hate how freaking neurotic she is that she makes everyone neurotic around her.  Now that we know Thomas is going to be in the care of decent, sober people; Jen can crash and burn for all I care.

I knew Philip was going to fall for Chloe again.  He's never been able to resist Chloe and he always seem to get in trouble for it.  However I am rooting for Phloe because I hate Deimos and his hypocrisy and he shouldn't be a father to any kid.

I like the Chad and Belle scenes.  I'm glad Chad has Belle on his side since he seems to have no one else.  They have a nice friendship going.

• Love 2

"Phloe" looks too much like "Phooey!" for me to get behind it -- to say nothing of the relationship itself. Not that I'm a big fan of shipper portmanteaus (portmanteaux?) in the first place. Also: Dummy Phillip is involved, so "Phooey!" is never far from my mind anyway.

• Love 2

I can't stand Jen. As others have said, there's possibly an undercurrent [barely beneath the surface] of righteous prissitude that gives me dry heaves. And in yesterday's show, frankly, her acting was abysmal--one-note at best. She, to me, does not sell her dialogues with Chad at all. You can see him watching her and looking for something to respond to--that's kind of sad.

Edited by pearlite
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, Sandman said:

Thanks, Apprentice. So it was Linda I was mixing up with Kate, not Winograd with Roberts. (I always liked Deborah Adair.)

Deborah Adair was sublime as Kate Roberts ....It took me a long time to accept Lauren in the role, but, Kate has been ruined for me..Not because of Lauren, but, due to  awful writers who could  not write for  her..The other day, I found a scene on youtube between Deborah's Kate and Matthew Ashford's Jack and it was a pretty good scene, They were talking about their life experiences;watching those two brilliant actors was a treat for me..I loved the burgeoning friendship between them that Sheri Anderson was creating and it reminded me of the awesome friendships of the past like Neil/Kim, Peachy/Shane, Steve/Hope, Steve/Bo, Shane/Bo, Hope/Shane,Theo/Bo, Bo/Alice, Hope/Melissa, Kayla/Trista,Jennifer/Carly, Kristen/Billie/Jennifer, Carly/Isabella, Eugene/Marlena,Tony/Marlena and Jack/Isabella...We don't get those type of friendships anymore..I miss Shery Anderson so much....The show has never been the same after her departure and I grieve for that Days of our lives...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
15 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...uuuummmm, you quoting me?

I may have accidentally not given proper quote credit. Apologies. I kept getting multiple quote boxes and the quote did not work.

Edited by Frozendiva
Typo
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Deborah Adair was sublime as Kate Roberts ....It took me a long time to accept Lauren in the role, but, Kate has been ruined for me..Not because of Lauren, but, due to  awful writers who could  not write for  her..The other day, I found a scene on youtube between Deborah's Kate and Matthew Ashford's Jack and it was a pretty good scene, They were talking about their life experiences;watching those two brilliant actors was a treat for me..I loved the burgeoning friendship between them that Sheri Anderson was creating and it reminded me of the awesome friendships of the past like Neil/Kim, Peachy/Shane, Steve/Hope, Steve/Bo, Shane/Bo, Hope/Shane,Theo/Bo, Bo/Alice, Hope/Melissa, Kayla/Trista,Jennifer/Carly, Kristen/Billie/Jennifer, Carly/Isabella, Eugene/Marlena,Tony/Marlena and Jack/Isabella...We don't get those type of friendships anymore..I miss Shery Anderson so much....The show has never been the same after her departure and I grieve for that Days of our lives...

I've been saying this for years.  Days some how got it into their head that every pairing needs to be romantic.  That there can't  be any friendships on the show and if they do they have to be destroyed.  If you had told me fifteen years ago that Chloe and Nicole would end their rivalry and turn out to be best friends I would of been shocked but it turned out to be a really great storyline about two women who proverbially met in the middle of their respective character traits and became incredibly close best friends who had each other's back.  Then to undermine that with Daniel, have them make up and then throw them into yet another pseudo triangle that is more about a baby than love is just backwards. 

Hey writers, Nicole and Chloe's history has actually been the most interesting out of any of their romantic pairings.  That is the relationship you should be focused on, not putting a man or a baby between them.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, pearlite said:

I can't stand Jen. As others have said, there's possibly an undercurrent [barely beneath the surface] of righteous prissitude that gives me dry heaves. And in yesterday's show, frankly, her acting was abysmal--one-note at best. She, to me, does not sell her dialogues with Chad at all. You can see him watching her and looking for something to respond to--that's kind of sad.

THIS!!  Watching Jenn wandering around Horton Square with her over the top agonized facial expressions was beyond painful.  Yes, we get that you're sad your daughter is dead but her reaction to it seems fake, as if she is so put upon and long suffering and "why does everything bad happen to me" and there isn't a single person in her damn family to pull her back from the edge.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I may have accidentally not given proper quote credit. Apologies. I kept getting multiple quote boxes and the quote did not work.

:) No problem. I just did a double take for a second there...

Orpheus, buddy, you don't have to kill everyone in Salem - the producers are doing it for you!

Loved Laura's "whatever!" hand wave at Chad. Missed her unending hatred of the DiMeras. Hope she spews some at Andre this week.

Clyde is as uber-creepy as ever...but boy is Orpheus scary! Can anyone summarize his misdeeds/history?

Hated Adrienne's manipulation of Lucas and that it got all of thirty seconds of screentime.

Jarlena looked good today. Liked the pink/blue contrast.

Nicole looked great today too.

It's too bad this wasn't the last episode before the Olympics - it was a much better tease.

• Love 3

Ugh now that Prictor and Maggie are moving back into the mansion how long will it be before Deimosjust gives it back to him? He got the company back, half the money bac, and he'll probably get the mansion back eventually. This asshole had an innocent man sent to prison for 30 years and is going to get away with it unscathed. 

Why would Laura tell racoon Jen that the hospital under-diagnosed Failure? If she was under-diagnosed that means she was actually more unstable than they realized. I don't understand how that's supposed to make her feel better or why racoon thought it would make Chad feel better. 

STFU Laura. You immediately hate Chad and you don't even know him. You're as judgmental and nasty as your daughter. 

Thomas is going to be severely screwed up if he has to deal with Jen AND Adrienne on a daily basis AND be exposed to the worthless fruitloop Andre. 

I'm not interested in seeing Clyde on my screen unless he's going to make Kate's life hell. 

• Love 5
50 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Orpheus, buddy, you don't have to kill everyone in Salem - the producers are doing it for you!

Loved Laura's "whatever!" hand wave at Chad. Missed her unending hatred of the DiMeras. Hope she spews some at Andre this week.

Clyde is as uber-creepy as ever...but boy is Orpheus scary! Can anyone summarize his misdeeds/history?

Hated Adrienne's manipulation of Lucas and that it got all of thirty seconds of screentime.

Jarlena looked good today. Liked the pink/blue contrast.

Nicole looked great today too.

It's too bad this wasn't the last episode before the Olympics - it was a much better tease.

Today was a good day and I loved it all...The bubbles have been popped and we finally got an Adrienne/Steven scene..I loved it, it was my favorite scene of the day..History was remembered and mentioned in an organic way....The appearances of Laura, Steve, Adrienne, Lucas, Orpheus, Marlena was just great and made me feel very nostalgic for the good old days. Thank you Dena, please stay on the straight and narrow...I will probably ranting about her in a few weeks, but, for now, I will savor today for what it was...

Orpheus is so scary, he was a much better villain then Stefano who became a cartoon villain with superpowers...Stefano was so much better in the 80's, when he would wreak havoc and leave our heroes to deal with the fallout....He was much better in small doses..

Orpheus was a villain that was in the Stockholm storyline.....Stockholm started out as Victor's revenge against Shane/Kim, he set Shane up for treason...It later morphed into Orpheus trying to hurt Jarlena..John  was Roman back then.  It was an umbrella story that featured Victor, John as Roman, Marlena, Bo, Hope, Kim, Shane, Britta,Steve and Kayla...Orpheus' vendetta was against Roman who  killed his wife by accident, during a sting operation, leaving his two children without a mother..He was targeting Jarlena.. He did kidnap Marlena to raise his son and daughter ..He held Marlena captive during her missing years from Salem when she was presumed dead...The show later retcon it to have been Stefano all along....Orpheus had a legitimate reason to hate Jarlena and his descent into madness was compelling..What made him so scary was that he had nothing left to lose, so he did not give a damn who got hurt in the process....He tried to blow up a house with Marlena in it....Stefano for all of his flaws would never kill Marlena, he enjoyed playing games with Marlena and her family because he was a megalomaniac..Whereas, Orpheus would kill everybody in Marlena's family to make her suffer...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

I also enjoyed today and am giving the majority of the credit to Ryan Quan.  Let's hope this episode was a sign of good things to come.

It's too bad Ken Corday took so long to make this change.  I'd love to know the total production costs for the last six to eight months vs. the costs of lost viewership (many of whom may never return) and ad revenue.  I wonder if DOOL would've come out ahead by tossing most of what's aired this year in the trash and staring over.

• Love 4

I enjoyed a lot of today's episode, with the occasional annoyance along the way.

What I liked:

*Steve and Adrienne having a good long scene together.  SN & JE have always had great sibling chemistry and Adrienne can always say it to Steve and he listens.  We need more of them together

*Adrienne actually was a voice of reason today and likable as opposed to her sometimes other persona, she and Lucas were good.

*always enjoy Steve and Kayla on together, even if their storyline is dumb.

*That Orpheus dude...I don't really remember that storyline form back in the day.  Was he the one who kidnapped Marlena when everyone thought she was dead?  The actor looked familiar and I recognized him a bit more in the flashback.  Young Orpheus was kid of hot!

*Billy Flynn always emotes so well.  The guys has great expressions.

Not Liked:

*Laura's attitude toward Chad.  I get she doesn't like DiMeras, but she has never met young Chad before.  He was married to her granddaughter, and the man is grieving.  Everyone seems to forget poor Chad's grief and that he just lost his wife.  Is there a need to treat him like crap right now?

*I still fear that they are going to make Theresa some sort of guilty party in Tate's kidnapping.  Oh, I hope I'm wrong.

*Did VI color his hair?  It looked really dark, like what Maurice Benard does on GH sometimes.  Like shoe polish black...  VI is still hot though.

*Shut up Jen.

*Andre, go away.  Clyde, go away.

*Steve and Kayla having the same conversation for the 100000000000000th time.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

....He tried to blow up a house with Marlena in it....

Didn't he blow up the house and kidnap her first, to make her appear dead.  I remember Roman telling Carrie in November or December 1986 that there was an explosion at the house and Marlena died tonight...and little Christie Clark made me sad.  This was a scene in the fish market.  Ahhh, the things I remember.

I just caught up on two weeks of shows in very little time today. My favorite scene was Steve and Adrienne.  

• Love 2

Adrienne spends under three minutes in her adored big brother's company before her face falls into its "What did you DO?" judgy resting state.

On the other hand, I would be pleased if Chad wore that "Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?" expression every single time Creepy Jerkface André opens his yeasty old yap. Thomas and Chad are kind of sweet together.

I almost like Jawn when he gets all flinty with Victor.

Jamie Lyn Bauer makes 67 look pretty damned fantastic! But she will always be Lori Brooks to me -- I'm sorry.

Wait -- how would Laura have access to Abigail's treatment records? She can't just "check into her treatment at Shady Pines," or whatever, like she's the Ambassador Plenipotentiary from Crazyland! Why do I even ...

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, Revlonred said:

Didn't he blow up the house and kidnap her first, to make her appear dead.  I remember Roman telling Carrie in November or December 1986 that there was an explosion at the house and Marlena died tonight...and little Christie Clark made me sad.  This was a scene in the fish market.  Ahhh, the things I remember.

I just caught up on two weeks of shows in very little time today. My favorite scene was Steve and Adrienne.  

I don't remember, but, I think you can be right....Christie Clark was such a good actress as a kid and little Carrie was so awesome...They used to throw her in tough scenes with the adults on the show and she always rose to the occasion..Christie Clark is not liked on this board, but, she is a good actress..A few months ago, I saw the  final scene between Marlena and Carrie before her "death" and it brought tears to my eyes, knowing what was to come...The scene on the pier after Marlena's death from the plane crash between Abe, Carrie and Rojohn vowing to soldier on without her for the twins and the rest of the family was well done...

• Love 3

I appreciate that Adrienne and Steve had an actual scene together where they acted like the siblings they are but the show seems to have forgotten that they didn't grow up together--Steve didn't meet Adrienne until she was a young woman in her 20's-- so Steve's crack about their being nine years old again doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

Laura's rudeness to Chad, a man she's never met before but hates on sight because he's a DiMera, makes her as mean-spirited and self-righteus as her dear daughter and granddaughter--being a bitch runs in their family that;s for damn sure.

The Theresa/Nicole scene was rather sweet and I'm glad the show didn't have a triangle involving these two awesome women fighting over Brady.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

d Steve had an actual scene together where they acted like the siblings they are but the show seems to have forgotten that they didn't grow up together--Steve didn't meet Adrienne until she was a young woman in her 20's-- so Steve's crack about their being nine years old again doesn't hold up under scrutiny

This popped out to me as well.  I was surprised that the actors let the line through. 

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, Revlonred said:

This popped out to me as well.  I was surprised that the actors let the line through. 

Same here..I was so happy with Steve and Adrienne being together, I overlooked it..If the scriptwriters, start writing childhood memories for them..Then, I will scream...lol....I was so happy to see the Real Adrienne and not the self-righteous, judgmental, harpy that used to provide angst for Wilson.. Lucas and Adrienne were adorable together with their interactions with Chad and Jennifer....I don't even like them together..I enjoyed the show today, I will not rant about Jennifer overstepping her boundaries when it comes to her grandson...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

The show wasn't too bad today.  Do wish the folks would treat Chad as a human being and not some 'DiMera'. The Hortons aren't that holy. Don't really remember Orpheus, but he and Clyde made for a creepy pair. Laura Horton would need special permission to access Abs' patient files. She can come up with any sort of private diagnosis she wants. Post-traumatic stress disorder? Um, probably not. She also had no business being rude to Chad. Run, Chad, from the Horton clan.

Did enjoy Nicole turning Deimos's invite to live in the crypt down.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

The show wasn't too bad today.  Do wish the folks would treat Chad as a human being and not some 'DiMera'. The Hortons aren't that holy. Laura Horton would need special permission to access Abs' patient files. She can come up with any sort of private diagnosis she wants. Post-traumatic stress disorder? Um, probably not. She also had no business being rude to Chad. Run, Chad, from the Horton clan. 

2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Laura's rudeness to Chad, a man she's never met before but hates on sight because he's a DiMera, makes her as mean-spirited and self-righteus as her dear daughter and granddaughter--being a bitch runs in their family that;s for damn sure.

The Theresa/Nicole scene was rather sweet and I'm glad the show didn't have a triangle involving these two awesome women fighting over Brady.

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I was so happy to see the Real Adrienne and not the self-righteous, judgmental, harpy that used to provide angst for Wilson.. Lucas and Adrienne were adorable together with their interactions with Chad and Jennifer....I don't even like them together..I enjoyed the show today, I will not rant about Jennifer overstepping her boundaries when it comes to her grandson...

2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Wait -- how would Laura have access to Abigail's treatment records? She can't just "check into her treatment at Shady Pines," or whatever, like she's the Ambassador Plenipotentiary from Crazyland! Why do I even ...

Great comments on a good episode!  I wanted to enjoy Laura being back more than I did, though, at least so far.  Is it literally impossible for ANYONE related to Jennifer to be anything but an ass in matters relating to her?

I did like Adrienne today, though, and Lucas.  How nice to see Adreinne acting like a human being to Chad.   Her usual role for so long has mostly been to be either a general scold or an Abigal cheerleader.  Everyone kowtowing to Jennifer's wishes about Thomas is still pretty strange.  How can she resist feeling sorry for herself when everyone in her life reinforces the "poor Jen" above everyone else all the time?  Thomas better never make her "sad" or the kid will be toast.

• Love 4

It's crazy - Doug, Julie, JJ, Adrienne, Lucas, GhostJack, Laura and even to some degree Belle have propped up poor Jen. How much help does she need making Chad feel unfit?

I wanted to enjoy Laura being back more than I did, though, at least so far.

I find Laura to be campy fun, ever since her Kristen wedding meltdown back in the 90s. If Laura glares at Chad or Andre and seethes about them "destroying my memory with that...laser!!" I might just start cheering at the television for the first time since Susan said "mean, mean, mean" again in 2014.

Hopefully Laura gets some scenes with Marlena. They loved each other's smug.

• Love 4

As I said I would, I watched the show yesterday. I enjoyed some parts a lot - Steve & Adrienne, particularly. I can't even remember the last time I saw them together!  And for the first time I liked Adrienne and Lucas together. I still want her back with Justin eventually, but for now I can watch her and Lucas together.

Orpheus and Clyde were believably menacing. My only concern with them is that in order to make them truly dangerous, someone needs to get hurt and probably even die, and Salem (and the fans) doesn't need more deaths.

I know I watched in the 90's but somehow I've managed to forget all about Orpheus, even though I remember loving the Steve/Bo/Britta triangle.  I also don't remember Laura. Was she always that cold and abrupt?

Maybe it's just because Nicole and Eric oozed chemistry and I miss Eric, but I still do not like Nicole and Deimos. They are almost as bad as Nicole and Daniel were.  

The show right now reminds me a lot of last September when new writers were starting and everything went well for a while before going horribly astray. Hopefully that won't happen again this year.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

As I said I would, I watched the show yesterday. I enjoyed some parts a lot - Steve & Adrienne, particularly. I can't even remember the last time I saw them together!  And for the first time I liked Adrienne and Lucas together. I still want her back with Justin eventually, but for now I can watch her and Lucas together.

Orpheus and Clyde were believably menacing. My only concern with them is that in order to make them truly dangerous, someone needs to get hurt and probably even die, and Salem (and the fans) doesn't need more deaths.

I know I watched in the 90's but somehow I've managed to forget all about Orpheus, even though I remember loving the Steve/Bo/Britta triangle.  I also don't remember Laura. Was she always that cold and abrupt?

Maybe it's just because Nicole and Eric oozed chemistry and I miss Eric, but I still do not like Nicole and Deimos. They are almost as bad as Nicole and Daniel were.  

The show right now reminds me a lot of last September when new writers were starting and everything went well for a while before going horribly astray. Hopefully that won't happen again this year.

I feel that Eric, Sami, Carrie, Belle and Brady should all be part of this Orpheus storyline.....I would even add , Andrew, Theresa, Stefanie and Joey to this equation....I know that the show no longer has the budget to do this kind of umbrella story, but, Orpheus return should have been a grand affair.....His two children should have already been integrated into Salem society under assumed names, plotting with their dad behind the scenes to hurt his enemies...

• Love 2

Ouch. That was some shit-talkin' right there. Felt lousy for all involved. Kate for being reminded of her hooking, Laura for being called crazy and Chad for being blamed for choosing the wrong clinic (??!!?). Ugly.

Julie. Don't put it on Maggie to bring the family together. Deimos almost killed her. Until that's been retconned, leave the poor woman alone. She doesn't ever have to deal with him again.

The Victor/Deimos coffee talk was....so lame. "That Person". Mmmhmmm. Rewrite much?

Liked the Chad/Sonny scene.

Billy Flynn deserves an Emmy nod. He's single-handedly elevating all the material I should hate.

I'm already sensing the Gabbi/Chad setup happening. Manufactured drama with JJ much? If Gabbi's going to act all snitty during a time like this, she'll transform into Ciara fast.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

The Victor/Deimos coffee talk was....so lame. "That Person". Mmmhmmm. Rewrite much?

I think Victor was supposed to be the kidnapper and Dena changed it....Plus, it would have been in character for him to use a child against his enemies, like he did with Andrew and Claire..

• Love 2

Ah!!! 

Half way done watching today's episode - It's good!!! 

OMG WHAT! 

HIGLEY IS GIVING ME LIFE.

Laura and Kate still hate each other.   

Kate reminding Laura she's cray because of her!   Laura is reminding Kate she's a whore. Laura is planting the seed Chad will be a Stefano  clone.  A Peter Blake Dimera mention!  

OMG. 

Julie still hates Gabi.   

OMG Higley is that you???  Is it?!? 

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 1

SHUT THE FUCK UP, JULIE. Nick was crazy and none of you precious sainted Hortons did anything to help him. 

The only person I had any sympathy for during the Dimeria mansion confrontations was Chad. He doesn't deserve to have to deal with any of this. Kate and Laura can both choke. 

I knew it was only a matter time before they gave Gabi and Jj some contrived bullshit to deal with.

I REALLY wish Chad could turn to someone other than Kate for help. She's going to stab him in the back and take Dimeria Enterprises for herself. Now would be a great time for Sami to come back. 

Speaking of Kate, so she's behind the Tatenapping? Next they're going to say she's behind Failure's fake death and brainwashed Hope into murdering Stefano. They've officially turned her into a cartoon.

The Chad/Sonny scenes were the highlight of the episode for me. 

• Love 4

Ok I'm not understanding this JJ/Gabi stuff.   They haven't been on enough to have issues.  Is JJ reverting back to his old self?  Please say yes!   I miss messy ass JJ. 

Maggie worried living under the same roof as Vic and Deimos because they will fight all the time.   Fuck yes!   They are brothers.   And Julie busting out the history between Mickey and Bill during this convo. 

Kate did you do the Tatenapping?   Not surprised typical Kate. 

Orpheus still one creepy looking dude. 

Very good episode!   Best one in months. 

• Love 2

I fail to see how Kate is any less moral than her neighbors by Salem standards. Hasn't just about everybody been a prostitute or a murderer?

Yeah but I get the sense that Dena's going to push Nicole and Brady together again, just as she was trying to do last January, hence Theresa's "You are just like family now" comment. I had flashbacks to Bo giving Rafe the ok to bang Hope when I heard Theresa say that.

Ann had better be Maid of Honor.

I have no faith tomorrow's explanation for the Tatenapping will make sense with what we've seen.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

This is bizarro land for me because Higley was very good once again...I know that she will be soon riding the crazy train, but, I will take what I can get for now...I love how history is being woven seamlessly in the dialogue...

Laura versus Kate was gold and I loved the zingers that the ladies threw at each other....I wanted more...I would love to see how Laura would treat Lucas, she did out his paternity and Kate's affair with Bill, in a cruel way to get back at Kate...

JJ and Gabi don't interest me because the previous writers never bothered to write for them..It makes no sense that the Hortons would not have a reaction to JJ dating a murderer, not just any murderer, someone who killed a member of their family....Julie is fine to hate on Gabi all she wants....I always wanted JJ to get together with Theresa back in the day..They had wonderful chemistry....Both were put with boring partners in Paige and Brady..

Deimos and Victor are just boring together and Deimos is getting the Daniel treatment, he is Higley's pet, so he will get a pass for his misdeeds..

Chad and Sonny were awesome together.....The show should have them lean on each other as widowers and fathers...

Orpheus and Clyde are just so creepy, bad, and evil.. They were the highlight of the episode..The show should be showing flashbacks about Orpheus and the Stockholm storyline...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Am I mis-remembering the whole Shady Pines deal?  Wasn't it dear sweet Jennifer Rose, at the recommendation of Marlena,  who had to talk Chad into signing Abby in there?  And now we have Laura showing up and denouncing the place as though it was Bedlam revisited and it's now somehow all of Chad's fault that Abs wound up there?

I am proud of Chad because if I had that harridan Laura ranting and raving at me, I'd have called the police to escort her self-righteous ass out of my home.  And when it's Kate who is scolding you for your actions, you know you've really messed up.

I did like the scene between Chad and Sonny--the two make very believable friends and I loved when Chad raised his hand for the bro high five after he made the crack about Sonny now knowing about being straight :):)

Gabi and JJ are very pretty together and very believable as a young couple--Show, don't screw it up.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I did like the scene between Chad and Sonny--the two make very believable friends and I loved when Chad raised his hand for the bro high five after he made the crack about Sonny now knowing about being straight :):)

Other than Orpheus, Chad/Sonny were a highlight for me today....Freddie looks so young and so good, whatever he is doing is working..He looks so different now....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Kate throwing shade at Laura was a thing of beauty, and I say that as someone who suffers with depression and is usually up in arms about derogatory references, but Laura is such a raging bitch that I cheered.   Nice to see the entitled self-important Horton attitude carried true in all 3 generations.  I don't think I've ever met a character that I hated this fast, and I can hate like a champ.  How dare she blame Chad for Abigail's death?   He did the best he could with what he knew, and the HOrtons fought him every step.  And to say he's on the road to becoming his father?  What the fuck does she know?  If genetics and biology are destiny, well, it's no wonder your fucking granddaughter went crazy and ran off, is it?  Which does make it your fault, you bitch.  HATE.  BOILING HATE.

On the other extreme, we have Sonny/Chad scenes!  I love their easy friendship. 

I'm skipping whole episodes based on the description, which is really sad.  But I have to care about at least 1 thing happening if I"m going to watch.  I've taken refuge in the past, oh the sweet past.  Problem with the past is that it gives you a lot of history you have to ignore.   If it weren't for the recast and the charm of Billy Flynn, I would be unable to root for Chad's happiness because frankly, he doesn't deserve it.  But BF is so twinkly in his scenes with Sonny, and so genuine in scenes with his son, that I do find myself on his side.  I really want him to the tell the Horton hags to go to hell.

Edited by minirth
Chadlove
  • Love 11
23 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I appreciate that Adrienne and Steve had an actual scene together where they acted like the siblings they are but the show seems to have forgotten that they didn't grow up together--Steve didn't meet Adrienne until she was a young woman in her 20's-- so Steve's crack about their being nine years old again doesn't hold up under scrutiny.

Adrienne was 17 or 18.  It was evident she was just out of school, but poin t taken because I thought the same thing when Steve made the 9 year-old comment. This plus Steve has to have about ten years on Adrienne so he 9 would make him late teens at the youngest.

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, minirth said:

Kate throwing shade at Laura was a thing of beauty, and I say that as someone who suffers with depression and is usually up in arms about derogatory references, but Laura is such a raging bitch that I cheered.   Nice to see the entitled self-important Horton attitude carried true in all 3 generations.  I don't think I've ever met a character that I hated this fast, and I can hate like a champ.  How dare she blame Chad for Abigail's death?   He did the best he could with what he knew, and the HOrtons fought him every step.  And to say he's on the road to becoming his father?  What the fuck does she know?  If genetics and biology are destiny, well, it's no wonder your fucking granddaughter went crazy and ran off, is it?  Which does make it your fault, you bitch.  HATE.  BOILING HATE.

On the other extreme, we have Sonny/Chad scenes!  I love their easy friendship. 

Everything you wrote about Laura, so true, and OH SO WELL PUT!  Great post.

What was this - Witch Wednesday?

I was originally looking forward to Laura showing up, hopefully dialing back some of Jenn's obnoxiousness but instead she just made it all worse.  You pretty much said it all but let me add - why did she - and Jenn, the other day - blame Chad for the hospital Abigail got sent to?  He went by Marlena's recommendation, he didn't pull it out of thin air.  And why am I sure that neither of them would ever blame Marlena.  

Poor JJ.  He comes home to find his home infested with hags.  As always, there's his mother, but now he's got Julie and Grandma, but thank God, Grandma is going home.  To treat patients.  As  a therapist.  Laura.treats.patients.  For MENTAL ILLNESS.  The same woman who went on the attack because of Chad's last name, the same woman who blamed Kate for her husband and his wandering penis.

And Julie......everytime I see her, I hate her more.  So Gabi killed Nick, so the hell what?  Does she remember what the hell he was up to at the time?  And now, in her wisdom, she's advising Maggie on what she do about moving into the mansion.  And Maggie didn't laugh in her fat face.

Julie is one of those supremely self-confident people who march through life, giving advice, always feeling right, always feeling like their presence is welcomed - because they're idiots.  And she's an idiot.  Bossy, opinionated, flighty, sentimental and mean as a snake at the same time, but blessed with no self-awareness at all.

If she had even an ounce of self-awareness, she might be haunted, or least wonder, why neither her son nor her grandson has even contacted her in 20 plus years.  But she's got Doug.  And perhaps that's punishment enough.

And why do I not give a rats ass that Kate is the designated kidnapper?  Maybe because it's such an obvious stunt.  Don't care, won't care.

• Love 10

Today's episode was pretty good, but still had it's occasional annoyance.

The Good:

*Chad--Billy Flynn is awesome, that single tear her quickly wipes away when Laura was being a hose-beast to him.  The expression and emotion he brings to every scene makes it better than if a lesser actor were doing it.

*JJ--it was good to see him again today.  One of the few Hortons I can still stand.  They used to be such a grand and interesting family.  Now they are overrun by hypocrites, judgmental people who are too blind to see their own shortcoming, but are more than willing to point out everyone else's to them.

*So weird, but I can't help but see so much chemistry between Sonny and Gabi.  If I were just tuning in and didn't know that Sonny was gay, I'd be cheering these two on to be a couple.

*Glad the stupid kidnapping plot is being resolved.  So it's Kate...just glad Theresa wasn't involved as I feared she might be.

The Bad:

*Gah, Laura is such a weirdo.  And mean!  All the crap she says about Chad being s DiMera she might as well say about her great-grandson!  Someday, if he misses curfew or smokes some pot or gets a speeding ticket, he will be reamed by his Horton relatives for showing his true DiMera eevul ways!

*The whole Gabi/JJ thing seemed out of nowhere and a way to quickly break them up, which makes no sense to me.

*The little girl who plays Ari is cute, but what a horrible child actor.  She clearly doesn't want to be there, maybe she isn't meant to be in show-biz.  Some little child actors are so engaging and just bring something even if they are too young for actual lines.  But this girl won't even look up or acknowledge anything going on around her.  It always seems so odd, because most little kids do something if their parents or guardians speak to them.  She does not.  I have nothing against this little girl, I just don't think she is wanting to be in front of the camera and it shows.

*Julie is such a harpy!

*While I liked seeing Chad and Sonny together, some of their conversation seemed off.  Chad reacted like this is the first he has seen of Sonny, yet Sonny gave no condolences to him regarding Abby.  Then they were joking and goofing like nothing had happened.  The Chad is like "well Thomas doesn't remember, but I had some good times with her so I'll have to adjust to things", which was a far cry from his furniture hurling recently.  The he tells Sonny that his "mom and dad" were moving in and I was thinking "Justin?".  I his mom and soon-to-be step-dad or dad-in-law maybe...or his "mom and Lucas".  Little things, but their chat was a bit fragmented for me.

• Love 5

I guess I am going to be the lone dissenter tonight and say that I had no problem with Laura being a bitch to Chad..First of all, she is grieving her granddaughter, and grief makes people irrational and it is human nature to want to blame somebody for one's misfortune...Is her anger misplaced, Yes! we know that Chad loves Abigail, even though most of us on here hated that little cretin, and he could do better, but, I digress..Look at it from her point of view, Chad is a Dimera, that family has victimized most of the people in Salem..Did you guys forget the misery that Stefano, Megan, Renee, Tony before it was retconed to have been Andre unleashed on others.. Andre was a serial killer, enough said...Peter and Kristen were never judged for being Dimeras,  everybody gave them a chance, until they lived up to their  infamous last name..Even Lexie turned to the dark side to keep Bo and Hope away from their late son Zack....The only good Dimera was Benjy and he was killed by Andre....Chad bankrupted Sonny aggravating the tenuous situation between Wilson....He did it at the behest of Stefano, just so he could have control over his best friend Sonny..Granted, Chad's misdeeds are tamed in comparison to his other siblings, but, he is capable of doing shady things to get what he wants like any Dimera before him...Laura is right to be suspicious of him and his influence over her great-grandson.... I will duck and hide now.....lol...

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I guess I am going to be the lone dissenter tonight and say that I had no problem with Laura being a bitch to Chad..First of all, she is grieving her granddaughter, and grief makes people irrational and it is human nature to want to blame somebody for one's misfortune...Is her anger misplaced, Yes! we know that Chad loves Abigail, even though most of us on here hated that little cretin, and he could do better, but, I digress..Look at it from her point of view, Chad is a Dimera, that family has victimized most of the people in Salem..Did you guys forget the misery that Stefano, Megan, Renee, Tony before it was retconed to have been Andre unleashed on others.. Andre was a serial killer, enough said...Peter and Kristen were never judged for being Dimeras,  everybody gave them a chance, until they lived up to their  infamous last name..Even Lexie turned to the dark side to keep Bo and Hope away from their late son Zack....The only good Dimera was Benjy and he was killed by Andre....Chad bankrupted Sonny aggravating the tenuous situation between Wilson....He did it at the behest of Stefano, just so he could have control over his best friend Sonny..Granted, Chad's misdeeds are tamed in comparison to his other siblings, but, he is capable of doing shady things to get what he wants like any Dimera before him...Laura is right to be suspicious of him and his influence over her great-grandson.... I will duck and hide now.....lol...

Laura should be rational, although I know that's a stretch for her, considering she's Jenn's mother and Abigail's grandmother.  She's a therapist, a doctor, and for her to assume Chad has some inborn characteristics because of a last name he came to very late in the game is..... nuts.  What all those other people did has nothing to do with Chad.  Does she believe in ghosts and goblins, too?

Plus, what's with the constant rudeness from her and her daughter to Chad, and from that wildebeest of a granddaughter as well?  After putting up with those harridans, I don't blame anyone for telling them off.  With any luck we won't have to see Laura again for a good long time.

Edited by boes
  • Love 11

The problem with blaming Chad for everything just because his last name is Dimera is the Dimera's have been done to death literally.  Also, one of the major reasons this show has become so boring is everything circles back to it's the Dimera's fault, they get away with everything, until they die, and then possibly get resurrected.  Another problem is not only is Chad pretty tame for a Dimera, but so many other people in Salem have done just as many bad things as the Dimeras.

• Love 4
21 minutes ago, TigerLynx said:

The problem with blaming Chad for everything just because his last name is Dimera is the Dimera's have been done to death literally.  Also, one of the major reasons this show has become so boring is everything circles back to it's the Dimera's fault, they get away with everything, until they die, and then possibly get resurrected.  Another problem is not only is Chad pretty tame for a Dimera, but so many other people in Salem have done just as many bad things as the Dimeras.

I agree..The Dimeras are cartoon villains..They should all be be dead except for Tony and Benjy...At least Benjy has a son Steven Hawk out there..I never understood why Chad had to even be a Dimera..Why does every new character have to be related to somebody already on canvas..It is very shortsighted and limiting when it comes to romantic relationships...I look at Victor, Steve  and Marlena who each came in as standalone characters and today they all have descendants and long rich histories with the show...

• Love 2