Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

So much to love about Wednesday's show. Victor was totally awesome with Will, Will kept trying to make his pathetic excuses but Victor kept shutting him down. And I loved when Victor snarled "get out of my house", like Will had just dropped over to shoot the breeze. And then to have Will run into Marlena and her read him the riot act was just the icing on the cake.

See Ron Carlivati (GH headwriter for those who don't know), viewers can have an idea where something is going; that doesn't mean you need to change it and make it nonsensical. Several here had posited that Xander was in fact Alex Kiriakis, that doesn't mean we all weren't thrilled when it turned out to be true. If the story is good, the viewers are willing to do some handwaving (as some here have also said: the accent, why has he been in town and not contacted anyone,did Sonny really go see him in Arizona, etc.) I have some questions about Alex/Xander and the other Kiriakises but I will take that to the questions thread.

• Love 3

The audience is always going to try to guess the outcome of a story. It happens all the time. People who read mystery stories try to figure out who the culprit is as they read, it happens in every genre so the best course of action isn't so much an attempt to outsmart the audience (because that's impossible) but to write a story that's good enough that it doesn't matter if someone guesses the outcome.

Greek tragedy spelled shit out from the start... it actually served to heighten the tension as the audience knew exactly what was coming yet also knew there wasn't anything to be done to stop it. Just write the story! Xander being Alexander isn't so much a twist as it was a welcomed thread in a larger story. Sure there are questions but I see a lot more pleasure at this than not and that's not a bad thing at all.

• Love 7

Plus Freddie and his girlfriend just got promoted in the company Nerium that they work for...Life is good for them..They are also engaged to be married....

I really wish I hadn't found out Freddie is involved in a pyramid scheme and has schilled product to fans in exchange for spoilers. I still think the guy he is very talented, but I don't think I can be a fan.

• Love 7
(edited)

I really wish I hadn't found out Freddie is involved in a pyramid scheme and has schilled product to fans in exchange for spoilers. I still think the guy he is very talented, but I don't think I can be a fan.

I look at him sideways myself after discovering that fact about him..Ignorance is sometimes bliss... Allegedly, he even told fans at a Days Event that Gabi had killed nick in order to get Fans to buy his product....Molly burnett is also part of nerium and the guy that played Derrick...

Freddie was just promoted to National Marketing Director of Nerium. Alyssa is an Executive Marketing Director and received a big bonus yesterday at the Convention in San Jose CA.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Oh boo hoo, Sparkle. Cry me a river over the 'vultures' putting you up on a pedestal. I'm sure you loved every minute of people worshiping you and acting like you're some kind of God. I still don't feel sorry for you. 

• Love 2

I look at him sideways myself after discovering that fact about him..Ignorance is sometimes bliss... Allegedly, he even told fans at a Days Event that Gabi had killed nick in order to get Fans to buy his product....Molly burnett is also part of nerium and the guy that played Derrick...

Freddie was just promoted to National Marketing Director of Nerium. Alyssa is an Executive Marketing Director and received a big bonus yesterday at the Convention in San Jose CA.

I think the Days cast involvement in this Nerium is even worse than the former GH cast involvement in Monavie because at least with Monavie there is disputed science on both sides as to the effects of acai on the body, whereas there is definitive and undisputed science that the ingredients in Nerium's products are harmful to the body.

Look, I get a lot of these actors have side hustles. But someone as talented as Freddie shouldnt have to involve himself in something so shady. If he needs the money then he should follow the lesd of folks like Carolyn Hennessey and Laura Wright and pursue legitimate side efforts.

• Love 3

According to Will, Paul seduced him? LOL Oh of course Will, you taking off the ring and pretending to be single is all Paul's fault too. 

So Xander has daddy issues pertaining to Uncle Victor. Brady and Daniel are the good, and he's the bad that can't live up to Victor. Yet they're both doing illegal dealings together and off the books. 

I think the Days cast involvement in this Nerium is even worse than the former GH cast involvement in Monavie because at least with Monavie there is disputed science on both sides as to the effects of acai on the body, whereas there is definitive and undisputed science that the ingredients in Nerium's products are harmful to the body.

Look, I get a lot of these actors have side hustles. But someone as talented as Freddie shouldnt have to involve himself in something so shady. If he needs the money then he should follow the lesd of folks like Carolyn Hennessey and Laura Wright and pursue legitimate side efforts.

I agree with your post wholeheartedly....

According to Will, Paul seduced him? LOL Oh of course Will, you taking off the ring and pretending to be single is all Paul's fault too. 

So Xander has daddy issues pertaining to Uncle Victor. Brady and Daniel are the good, and he's the bad that can't live up to Victor. Yet they're both doing illegal dealings together and off the books.

Xander's whole backstory makes absolutely no sense. It's even more of a retcon than Jawn being involved with Tori when he was a priest.

Anyway, doesn't this also change Daniel's backstory too?

Why are there so many men named Alexander in the Kiriakis family? 

There only were 2; Alex was named after Justin's deceased father, Victor's brother Alexander. That naming choice I can understand

But why three Alexander's?? The third one coming out of nowhere, being a total retcon???

(edited)

It is a retcon..They  should have brought Alex back on the show because of Sonny, Justin and Adrienne..Anjelica could have come back to cause trouble for all of them...Another missed opportunity.....I can't with this show...

I was really hoping they would have kept with history. Justin is an only child. He watched his parents be killed in a car crash. One of the reasons why he didn't want to marry Adrienne in Greece was because there were sad memories associated with Greece. Victor encouraged him to make new memories. Of course Victor had his best own reasons for the marriage to be in Greece. Why didn't these writers just watch YouTube? Honestly it's all there.

Edited by Apprentice79

That's too bad.  It's not cool to try to take advantage of people like that, and it's not cool that fans fall for it. 

It is a retcon..They  should have brought Alex back on the show because of Sonny, Justin and Adrienne..Anjelica could have come back to cause trouble for all of them...Another missed opportunity.....I can't with this show...

I was really hoping they would have kept with history. Justin is an only child. He watched his parents be killed in a car crash. One of the reasons why he didn't want to marry Adrienne in Greece was because there were sad memories associated with Greece. Victor encouraged him to make new memories. Of course Victor had his best own reasons for the marriage to be in Greece. Why didn't these writers just watch YouTube? Honestly it's all there.

I know, right?? Such a missed opportunity. I still have hope that with these new writers that will introduce Sonny's brothers eventually since these episodes are still with the previous writers.

• Love 2

I know, right?? Such a missed opportunity. I still have hope that with these new writers that will introduce Sonny's brothers eventually since these episodes are still with the previous writers.

Of course they had to shoehorn Daniel into this story line..What  is their fascination with that disgusting character? They are really out of touch with us the audience...

• Love 2

Of course they had to shoehorn Daniel into this story line..What  is their fascination with that disgusting character? They are really out of touch with us the audience...

That is the problem with filming 6 months ahead, which is ridiculous in my opinion because it does not give them any chance to easily change things when something is not working.

• Love 2
(edited)

I am so confused. So he isn't the Alex Kiriakis we thought he was yesterday? What is worse is that he seems to be the black sheep of the family. This isn't what I thought it would be. Thought Xander would be helping Victor do the dirty work dunderhead Brady can't do while he is on a dead phone call to "China." Seems super hypocritical of Victor of all people to look down on someone for money laundering and murder. Isn't that what his empire was built on before he went legit in his twilight years? 

I don't like the dynamic they are creating with Xander/Victor. Seems set up to make Xander feel super competitive and inferior to Brady and most likely Daniel too. Brady, who just pried the crack pipe out of his mouth, is held up to him by Victor of all people as someone who can man up and handle his problems.

Plus, they use to summer together with Daniel in Mykonos. Why does Daniel have to pollute everything. I just can't have nice things. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 2

Mannequin you don't feed Jar Jars cookies to boost their energy. You feed them sperm but he doesn't have any cause Ken Dolls are not manufactured that way. There's no escaping Chad Jar Jar because you allow him back in your life.

Oh and I don't care about what Chad knows about Mannequin Dolls and his other identity. There are many mannequin dolls manufactured so who's to know he's actually talking to the right one because Lima Bean said that Mannequin went by the name Scott in Florida. So he took another name in FL of Reynolds whatever first name is. Still doesn't make sense how he's in college under the name Ben Rogers when his legal name is Ollie Weston and this college didn't do a background check and neither did the landlord of the apartment he's at, he has no credit whatsoever. So makes me lose interest in any type of story involving BOllie because this one will once again be dragged on and on and on and on and on just like with Grimace to the point we didn't care anymore. Seen how the rape was just brushed aside like it was nothing.

Go Jorge, tell Toothy to bring her toothy ass back to work. He's mighty sharp and hopefully he stays on for quite a bit, but he always ends up folding in the end which I hate.

It's so fucking sickening how much people are involved with someone else's sex life. Jacosta/Dark Roast/Jar Jar with JJ's, Stephono's with Chad. It's so disgusting and someone on the writing team has some severe sex issues. First we got a lot of sexual assaults and now we're getting neverending butting into people's sex lives. It's flat out ridiculous.

Sonny caught Sneasel in another lie on top of other lies. Sonny seriously needs to get a divorce from this ass. Sonny should have just went off on him right then and there. Here we go again with Sneasel saying Sparkles seduced him. He just flat out refuses to take responsibility for his actions. IDK why Sonny continues to put up with him and his lies. Sneasel saying wanting to rebuild trust, yea that's hard to do when you're constantly lying to Sonny's face.

Yawn get off your fucking high horse. Trying so hard to be so bad with the lip twisting and fiddling that coffee mug around. He thinks it makes him look bad when it's more like he's trying to hold in a very serious fart that can make the human race die out. Yawn is being all judgmental and doesn't even know all the facts and yet he's a police officer. Looks like he's not even gonna bother to get all the facts. Just fucking plot point to go from liking him to automatic all around dislike over the affair, so should be mad at Sneasel as well.

Nice seeing Anne and her fabulous hair.

• Love 3

Nerium? That's weird. 

Anyway speaking of weird I'm loving Marlena schooling Will and dealing with Tori. And her face is kind of moving again.

So Alex is not THAT Alex, but a different Alex? Well that's needlessly complicated.

• Love 2
(edited)

So am I to gather from Chad and Stefano's brief convo that Steffie is aiding Chad simply because he wants Abigail and not for some greater nefarious purpose? How boring. If this story wasn't FF material before it definitely is now.

Nerium sounds like an element that should be on the periodic table.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 3

I have no idea what the hell I watched today. Nothing made sense.

1. Brady, Alexander would be your Uncle, not your cousin, if he's Victor's nephew. Unless i am misunderstanding. Yet maybe Brady flubbed his line and meant to say grandson instead of son. I just don't understand. And for someone laying low, Xander spends an AWFUL amount of time at his brother/nephew's coffee shop.

2. Daniel and Brady suddenly being the same age and spending their summers together on an island. WTF?

3. Salem University Hospital's utter lack of ethics. Et tu, Jorge?

4. Theresa and Anne: I love them but why were they on my screen?

5. See number 4 for my feelings on Chabby/Babigail

6. John John John. You are an idiot of the highest order. Your anger is an absolute FORCE and I am so glad Paul cussed you out. Accusing Paul of being the one with a problem while sitting there like you were sucking a sour lemon. You're lucky Paul didn't tear that check up! So professional of you, John, to treat your donors like crap.

7. Will Will Will. No. That is all

8. Sonny Sonny Sonny...... baby...... WHAT.THE.HELL. I am team Paulson but I am not team Paulson immediately. Do not divorce Will for Paul. Divorce Will for your self! He's not even interested in counseling seriously. I just....

• Love 3

They made Chad into a love sick puppy..He had so much potential and now he is just insipid..he should make Abifail pay for sleeping with his brother..I actually liked him with Melanie..I think he would sizzle with Theresa.....

• Love 3

See. This is exactly why I shouldn't get my hopes up. Still...he's at least *a* Kiriakis and he digs Nicole. Until they muck it up even further (and you know they will, but I didn't expect it to be the very next day after getting me all excited!), I'm still on board with Xander. 

• Love 3

.I did not like his interactions with Marlena yesterday that really left a bad taste in my mouth.....Marlena has always been there for him...

Anyway speaking of weird I'm loving Marlena schooling Will and dealing with Tori. And her face is kind of moving again.

He was such a grimy little Uriah Heep with Marlena yesterday, trying to manipulate her by saying that if his marriage fell apart because Jawn found out about Sparkle, it would be her fault.  Marlena has been at her best IMO, recently, anyway, in how supportive and loving she's been with Will.  For him to treat her like this, and give her his rabid hamster stare is such horseshit.

II hope she sets her Killer Roombas loose on him.  Be afraid, lil' Sneasel, be very afraid.

• Love 8

He was such a grimy little Uriah Heep with Marlena yesterday, trying to manipulate her by saying that if his marriage fell apart because Jawn found out about Sparkle, it would be her fault.  Marlena has been at her best IMO, recently, anyway, in how supportive and loving she's been with Will.  For him to treat her like this, and give her his rabid hamster stare is such horseshit.

II hope she sets her Killer Roombas loose on him.  Be afraid, lil' Sneasel, be very afraid.

The way that he treated Marlena was the last straw for me as a Will fan....I want him to lose everything..You don't treat people who are good to you like that....

• Love 1

So am I to gather from Chad and Stefano's brief convo that Steffie is aiding Chad simply because he wants Abigail and not for some greater nefarious purpose? How boring. If this story wasn't FF material before it definitely is now.

Nerium sounds like an element that should be on the periodic table.

I think Stefano has an ulterior motive for helping Chad but Chad is too dim and naive to realize it. The fact that he's going through all of this over that worthless piece of diseased trash is sickening. 

• Love 4

The way that he treated Marlena was the last straw for me as a Will fan....I want him to lose everything..You don't treat people who are good to you like that....

Also, John has been a part of his family for a long time, does Will not care one iota that he's keeping John from the son he never knew?

• Love 3

Wait, so FS and friends are in a pyramid scheme for an anti-aging line of skin care products? Ugh. I could have gotten along fine without knowing that, lol. 

Sooooooo....do they work : )? 

• Love 4

Also, John has been a part of his family for a long time, does Will not care one iota that he's keeping John from the son he never knew?

Exactly..he is so selfish and he only sees things from his own perspective..They are really doing a number on this character....They keep saying that he is like Sami..Sami's schemes always had a purpose..Will makes no sense..His erratic behavior would have made more sense if Sonny had been the one that cheated and that would have fueled Will's insecurities about Paul leading him to go dark.....I think the writers were going to have Sonny be the cheater, but at the last minute they made Will be the one to cheat to be daring. I remember Freddie sent out  a tweet last fall,  saying that there was a twist that nobody saw coming..Plus, Guy said he was perplexed about this latest development....

Wait, so FS and friends are in a pyramid scheme for an anti-aging line of skin care products? Ugh. I could have gotten along fine without knowing that, lol. 

No, because Freddie has wrinkle lines on his forehead....lol.....

• Love 3

These writers are just bound and determined to ruin everything.  Alex feels inferior to Brady and Daniel?  {face palm}  Brady who is to stupid to live, and Dan who has no idea how to take a shower?

• Love 7
(edited)

No, they invented a brother for Justin....Justin and Victor have always said that they were the only ones left from their original family.These idiots forget that the fans always remember every detail...Don't they have a continuity person on their writing staff...Unbelievable...or at least a bible about the characters' histories and family relations.....No wonder Days is last in the ratings....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

So now they have Marlena being a dick to Paul's mother? Why? The "affair" had to be pre-Doc so why be so bitchy?

I so hoping Chad sends Ollie running...he bugs me...plastic man.

Melanie, how about taking a brush to you hair?

• Love 2

I doubt they work any better than a good sun screen and moisturizer. Add in a good eye cream twice a day starting in your 20's. The fact that Freddie and his fiancé are young means little to reinforce the effectiveness of their product. Let's see them at 60, and if they use a good sun screen and moisturizer who's to say their looks aren't due to those items?

• Love 3

No, they invented a brother for Justin....Justin and Victor have always said that they were the only ones left from their original family.These idiots forget that the fans always remember every detail...Don't they have a continuity person on their writing staff...Unbelievable...or at least a bible about the characters' histories and family relations.....No wonder Days is last in the ratings....

Oh,  okay. I assume he was raised in another country which would explain why two brothers have different accents?  

• Love 1

So now they have Marlena being a dick to Paul's mother? Why? The "affair" had to be pre-Doc so why be so bitchy?

Melanie, how about taking a brush to you hair?

And as awful as Marlena was to Miss Tori Simpson--What was with the "Don't lie to me!" she kept shouting?--the actress playing Tori has not improved one iota. She's just as one note as when she first started.

Paul's getting angry that Sonny is still committed to his marriage was pretty psychotic--seriously, he just expects Sonny to fall into his arms because he's come out of the closet?  Or he just doesn't understand the concept of forgiveness?

I can't believe Sneasel's still trying to pretend Paul seduced him and that John actually bought it--WTF?!

• Love 4

Do you guys think that they are going to recast Sonny? I hope not..Freddie  is Sonny..Even Chandler said that after he left, they can find somebody else to play Will, but the only Sonny is Freddie....

I think they will eventually, but I think they'll give the character a rest (whether he leaves town or "dies" or whatever) before they do so.

I can't believe Sneasel's still trying to pretend Paul seduced him and that John actually bought it--WTF?!

I hope John remembers Will trying to poison him against his own son when the truth comes out.

• Love 4

I think they will eventually, but I think they'll give the character a rest (whether he leaves town or "dies" or whatever) before they do so.

I hope John remembers Will trying to poison him against his own son when the truth comes out.

This is Ken Corday, he likes to mock the fans and show us that we are stupid for not seeing the awesomeness of his vision for the show..He might recast just to show us that he can do it and there is nothing that either of us can do to stop him....

Will is a parent and he should know better..If Nick had gotten his hooks into Arianna, he would have definitely tried to poison her mind against her two daddies with his homophobic beliefs.....I wish that somebody would ask him what is the difference between him and Nick....Nick did not feel that he was not doing anything wrong....He felt he was justified in protecting Gabi and Arianna...

• Love 2
(edited)

No disrespect to FS as an actor, but the Sonny character is eminently recastable. FS has only been on a few years. The character itself is relatively generic and not complicated ("nice guy" pretty much covers it), and is a supporting role. The show doesn't need much from an actor except to be moderately talented, cute and charming, and click onscreen with Will, Paul, and whatever relatives are around. It's just a matter of casting. Yes, casting failed horrendously with Guy Wilson (who has a more demanding part, not that that excuses anything), but on the other hand did very well with Billy Flynn (Chad getting dragged down by Abifail is not BF's fault).

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 6
(edited)

Once Guy Wilson was cast as Will, Freddie should have been the lead in Wilson, while Guy was supporting....I never understood why the show did not do that.....Freddie made Wilson gold in my opinion, even with Chandler's Will...Sonny is a legacy child just like Will..Has Freddie explained his reasons for leaving the show?

In a way, I am glad that Xander is not Justin's son...Alex is only 2 years older than Sonny and the twins are only 1 year older than him...I hope Higley brings the Kiriakis Brothers to the show and Philip..Perhaps Sonny is presumed dead and they come back to give support to the family....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

This mess with Alex Kiriakis epitomizes everything wrong with this story: a retcon/plot that comes out of nowhere and is overly complicated.

I doubt they work any better than a good sun screen and moisturizer. Add in a good eye cream twice a day starting in your 20's. The fact that Freddie and his fiancé are young means little to reinforce the effectiveness of their product. Let's see them at 60, and if they use a good sun screen and moisturizer who's to say their looks aren't due to those items?

Freddie is a really good looking guy, but for his age he has a really wrinkly forehead so obviously the products don't work, ya know the actual science that states as such aside. And he's the new National Marketing Director? Bleh. It sucks to learn Freddie is no different than Steve Burton.

If I'm going to take skincare advice from any soap star it'll be GH's Becky Herbst. And that's the last I'll say on the matter.

• Love 5
(edited)

This mess with Alex Kiriakis epitomizes everything wrong with this story: a retcon/plot that comes out of nowhere and is overly complicated.

Freddie is a really good looking guy, but for his age he has a really wrinkly forehead so obviously the products don't work, ya know the actual science that states as such aside. And he's the new National Marketing Director? Bleh. It sucks to learn Freddie is no different than Steve Burton.

If I'm going to take skincare advice from any soap star it'll be GH's Becky Herbst. And that's the last I'll say on the matter.

You are so right TIger..Becky is close to 40 and she still looks like she is in her 20's....Amazing! They have yet to age her kids on the show because she looks so young...

Edited by Apprentice79

Why is the Florida Bureau of Investigation looking for Ben/Kevin?

Maybe another of his aliases is Bertie Higgins and they're looking to prosecute him for the song "Key Largo".  

SOMEBODY needs to pay for that song!

We had it all

Just like Bogie and Bacall

Starring in our old late, late show

Sailing away to Key Largo

The pain, OH the pain.....

• Love 4

Her skin is amazing, and it's pretty obvious she uses sun screen. The sun of today isn't even the same sun of 45 years ago. And with make up and bronzers a person wishing to look tan can easily do it. I love my tan towels.  LOL

• Love 1