Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Beth cares because she is keeping scores and is just resentful that Luann is able to have an active and fulfilling sex life while being able to maintain positive relationships with her exes.

Luann's divorce from Alex was resolved in less than a year even though it was way more complicated than Beth"s and Luann came out of it ok.

She moved on like a grown up and was able to have another successful relationship with another worthwhile Frenchie.

So what, if Luann likes to sleep around? it is her vagina and if her partners do not care, why should I?

Fuck Doll?

Beth wishes that men were lusting after her like they do with Luann, but she is too joyless and shrill to get the male attention that she craves and she cant stand it imo.

• Love 12
(edited)
On 6/19/2016 at 11:01 PM, breezy424 said:

The weirdest thing about Beth going after Lu and her sex life is that there was no legit reason for it.  What does Lu's sex life have to do with Beth?  For me, it was just another situation where Beth came off being ridiculous.  Is she that desperate for attention, aka storylline,  or is Beth pissed about something else with Lu?  

I don't really mind Bethenny either way,  but yeah,  I'm used to her being able to make her points a lot more clear and being more pragmatic — I can usually follow her reasoning, even if I don't agree with it, especially in the case of her blowout with Luann, whom she's picked several issues to have with this season.  She seems often like she's fighting half of this battle on behalf of Carole as well, and it's just unnecessary.   She certainly used her for much of the reason why at that dinner with Lu, anyway.   That was weird to me too.  Before the show, she was friendly with them both, so now it just looks like these very cliquey alliances are forming for the show.  Alliances which more often than not don't seem to work in your favor on shows like these anyway (hi Jill).  I wish I had a better read of her friendship with Carole.  Her and Lu, too actually.   

Or possibly it's a fourth wall issue that's frustrating her.  Some sources have said that she found out about Luann being engaged and went a bit nuts because she had been planning a dating announcement of her own.  Talk about self righteous.  

I just don't buy the behaviors or moral character of Lu that she listed to be all that offensive to her. (except that thing about her wanting to film with the BH cast, that was quite embarrassing)  Her dinner with Luann was hilarious but some of her TH reeked of this hostile sexism that was just gross to me.  She said something like  "Luann just needs a warm hole.  It doesn't matter which one" and my jaw dropped.  Tell me how you feel about John again, sweetheart.   She seems visibly rabid about Lu's sex life and none of the women are happy about Luanne getting married.  Only —unlike Sonja — they can't simply sit Lu down and ask her not to 'compete with Bethenny'.  Lol.   

I wonder if this will be cleared up at the reunion.   Not since maybe season 3 have I felt like there were so many weird underlying issues going on behind the scenes.   I hate to be paying attention for that while I'm watching this but I can't really help it.  Something is just missing to me.  

Edited by Souvlaki
  • Love 10

I don't really mind Bethenny either way,  but yeah,  I'm used to her being able to make her points a lot more clear and being more pragmatic — I can usually follow her reasoning, even if I don't agree with it, especially in the case of her blowout with Luann, whom she's picked several issues to have with this season. 

You know that's interesting.  Her appearance on GMS this morning she talked about how cloudy her thinking was when she was suffering from the constant blood loss.  They had to wait until she had built her levels back up before they would even operate.  So maybe that's what you were seeing.

• Love 3

Damage control much?

Now it's "poor beffeny" when two weeks ago it was, "that psycho bitch".

People that put out a press release about their fibroids/blood loss are a laugh riot.

this is an another 'invisible illness' - probably MORE personal than Lyme.........a lot more personal.

But then again, this is Methenny Frankel, teller of truths and straight shooter?

Fucking moron.

• Love 10
(edited)

I have no problem whatsoever with discussing a real medical issue that we will see on the show, since she was filming when this happened.  I don't find "women's health issues" any more disgusting than male issues, or any person's medical situations.  Guess what?  Women bleed.  It's part of life and there is nothing disgusting or shocking about that, after all, it happens to half of the population for most of their lives.  Guess what else?  Things can go wrong, and need medical attention, yes even in those nasty "girly parts!"  What century are we living in here?

Damage control?  Sure...she set herself up to bleed and have surgery just to have a "get out of jail free" card.  Are you serious?

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 8

I don't disagree she has had health issues.

And I don't see this as a male v. female (blood!) reaction. We all bleed but we don't all need to share.

She seemed fine, and with a surfeit of energy, talking about it on the show. 

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

Sounds to me like she's a drama queen. 

How many times do we need to hear about her "profuse" bleeding? What's next? Displaying her bloody sheets from an open window?

I guess I don't understand why Bethenny thinks people attach shame to gynecological issues or why she needs to be the one to set women free..  Is it good dinner conversation talking about how many pads per hour, the contents of the discharge-not really, and it isn't because it is gynecological, I would feel the same way about detailed and prolonged discussions about sinus infection discharge, diarrhea, puss, urine, odiferous perspiration or any other discharge.   I thought the conversation between she and Luann was sufficiently educational regarding her issues and Luann's responses appropriate.

Maybe Bethenny wants a special, "Real Housewives Gynecological Issues".   A couple of unfortunate things, if you have this issue, swap custody and take care of business.  Cynthia Bailey has already had a fibroid storyline, Padma had endometriosis-so Bethenny isn't breaking new grounds on Bravo with this reveal.

I cannot believe women in the Bravo audience are going to be terribly enlightened with Bethenny's journey. Most women if experiencing her pain and bleeding would go to a doctor and address, not Aspen.   If her reasons were altruistic she would have written the blog in real time, not to tie into the show airing.  She kept it pretty mysterious, although I do give her credit for shooting down the cancer scare rumors.  It almost seems like she is trying to steal some of Luann's spotlight and tonight's special. 

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

You know that's interesting.  Her appearance on GMS this morning she talked about how cloudy her thinking was when she was suffering from the constant blood loss.  They had to wait until she had built her levels back up before they would even operate.  So maybe that's what you were seeing.

Bethenny has been post surgery for months and is taking bows for the way she treated Luann, so it seems odd she is talking about clouded thinking.  It would be more believable if multimillionaire business woman would have taken a timeout from filming, instead of scheduling trips and holding votes on who is going with her. 

• Love 8

I haven't read her post yet, but I can't even imagine coming down on someone for talking about how awful endometriosis is. A friend of mine was practically debilitated by it, it's no fucking joke for a lot of women. 

• Love 9

It's pretty obvious to me at least that she wrote the blog because the show, in no way, will actually address all of this, nor should they.  Obviously it has, and will come up on the show, so this blog post answers several questions before people have a chance to use those questions to slam her.  She pretty much just stated the facts here.

• Love 2

Bethenny has been post surgery for months and is taking bows for the way she treated Luann, so it seems odd she is talking about clouded thinking. 

She said the surgery was May 20th. So that's about a month.  

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Otherkate said:

I haven't read her post yet, but I can't even imagine coming down on someone for talking about how awful endometriosis is. A friend of mine was practically debilitated by it, it's no fucking joke for a lot of women. 

It's also, usually, not turned into a TMI plot line.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

I have no problem whatsoever with discussing a real medical issue that we will see on the show, since she was filming when this happened.  I don't find "women's health issues" any more disgusting than male issues, or any person's medical situations.  Guess what?  Women bleed.  It's part of life and there is nothing disgusting or shocking about that, after all, it happens to half of the population for most of their lives.  Guess what else?  Things can go wrong, and need medical attention, yes even in those nasty "girly parts!"  What century are we living in here?

Damage control?  Sure...she set herself up to bleed and have surgery just to have a "get out of jail free" card.  Are you serious?

What does Monopoly have to do with endometriosis?

Where was the comparison with 'male issues' and having seen 17 years worth of 'lady' surgeries, I can assure you, I know MORE about them than some women?  Beffeny doesn't deserve any MORE pity than the next woman. Of course, another woman would have made a command decision and had her procedure done ASAP.

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

So, if the Lulu/Beffenny meeting was during the holidays and she waited almost 6 months to have the procedure done, it must have been serious.

She probably was looking up some of the docs that yoyo consulted with, just to be on the safe side?

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

It's pretty obvious to me at least that she wrote the blog because the show, in no way, will actually address all of this, nor should they.  Obviously it has, and will come up on the show, so this blog post answers several questions before people have a chance to use those questions to slam her.  She pretty much just stated the facts here.

I could have gladly lived w/o that FB post. Medical "mumbo jumbo" to make her travails the very worst ever. 

I'm tired of them not addressing things on the show but freely using social media.

How do we know "the show" decided not to address "all of this" because it's, imho, an inflated boring digression. 

• Love 6
(edited)

The show has already begun to address it, and probably will in dribs and drabs.  The point of the post was to clear it all up in one swoop, rather than only have bits of information here and there, as she did while it was happening.  For example, we now know that she did leave for the doctor with Dorinda right then, and we know why she was filming with Luann if she was bleeding so much.  She, and her doctor, thought removing the IUD might fix that for "now" but it didn't.

Honestly, that woman could rescue a house full of elderly people and their puppies, all about to die in a fire and some people would criticize her.  Much smaller "health scares" are brought up all the time on these shows, but when Bethenny has one while filming it's all an act?  Really?

Edited by Umbelina
  • Love 9
(edited)
9 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

The show has already begun to address it, and probably will in dribs and drabs.  The point of the post was to clear it all up in one swoop, rather than only have bits of information here and there, as she did while it was happening.  For example, we now know that she did leave for the doctor with Dorinda right then, and we know why she was filming with Luann if she was bleeding so much.  She, and her doctor, thought removing the IUD might fix that for "now" but it didn't.

Honestly, that woman could rescue a house full of elderly people and their puppies, all about to die in a fire and some people would criticize her.  Much smaller "health scares" are brought up all the time on these shows, but when Bethenny has one while filming it's all an act?  Really?

Just like on the show, she needs an editor.

Or the hook.

Edited by NewDigs
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, Umbelina said:

Yet she didn't go to her Dr. after the meet up with Luann like she said and if her bleeding was that bad, then take time off of the show and take care of it. Is/Was she that afraid to loose her Apple if she stepped away from filming to have the surgery when it was first recommended, before she got so weak that she had to rebuild her strength to have it done? OR, did she decide that it made for "good" reality TV and postponed it to serve her own need for viewer support/sympathy?

• Love 6
(edited)

Oh❗  I see.

So, THIS aspect of Bethenney's ?'personal' life she magnanimously shares with those for whom she gives "zero fucks ". (Thank you for your consideration, Ms. Frankel.)  Perchance, the dissemination of the exquisitely detailed particulars is to aid women all across the lands. Nah... 'tis being used as a tool to engender sympathy and to gain 'understanding' of her--Lycan--uncharacteristic(not) behaviors.

*And, indeed, YES, I am quite familiar with The Condition and much much worse.*

Edited by BookElitist
  • Love 9
48 minutes ago, WireWrap said:

Yet she didn't go to her Dr. after the meet up with Luann like she said and if her bleeding was that bad, then take time off of the show and take care of it. Is/Was she that afraid to loose her Apple if she stepped away from filming to have the surgery when it was first recommended, before she got so weak that she had to rebuild her strength to have it done? OR, did she decide that it made for "good" reality TV and postponed it to serve her own need for viewer support/sympathy?

Do we know that she didn't go to the doctor after the meetup with LuAnn? Do we know how many times she went to the doctor and on what days?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, shoegal said:

That bitch is bleeding all over the crackers!!

Winner!

58 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I could have gladly lived w/o that FB post. Medical "mumbo jumbo" to make her travails the very worst ever. 

I'm tired of them not addressing things on the show but freely using social media.

How do we know "the show" decided not to address "all of this" because it's, imho, an inflated boring digression. 

Just wanted to piggyback onto your comment about the "mumbo-jumbo"? Two things. IF IT WAS another HW that was having a problem with her (Girly) Parts we would have probably had to suffer through Beffy mocking them, "What's the matter? Is your ( ! ) bleeding?" or some other witticism  based in insult and vulgarity. She HAS to "mumbo jumbo" it up to make it sound good and as if she dodged a bullet.

Endometriosis is a serious condition and should be addressed as such.

I am glad she kept her 'roach nest' intact, too.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, QuinnM said:

Interesting-because she was in Las Vegas around that time and has her amazing body that apparently can house several large fibroids with no effect on her tummy.  If they were twice the size of her uterus (pear size) and there were many like cockroaches, she is so lucky it didn't effect the size of her abdomen. I get it is an invisible illness. 

And back to New York for her radio show   

And being the editor for a week of Bravo's Daily Dish: 

Dropping her kid off at school:

I am not doubting she claimed May 20th but was it perhaps a second surgery?  Seems like a long time to go between January and May to have such an urgent situation addressed.

• Love 5

Seems like a long time to go between January and May to have such an urgent situation addressed

Her snap chat shows a Thursday sign off and nothing until Monday where she is recuperating at home. Lots of flowers all week. Carol visiting. Friday chauffeured to the Hamptons. Instagram can be faked. You post pics taken last month etc. but her now infamous snapchat is of the moment. 

I couldn't even start trying to figure out the care plan etc.  The two people in my life that went through this had really different paths. The symptoms are crazy. When it hits bad you are off your feet. When you hemorrhage you are in the ER. Then you can't have surgery until you have your blood levels back up. Women that are still thinking babies do not want to just rip out the uterus. Doctors don't particularly like to put someone into early menopause since that rings a whole new set of issues. 

So unless they do a spin off called Bethenny's Twat we don't know. But I'm sure she was seeing competent doctors and working for a solution. One of my friends spent years working through her options just to have children in her future. 

• Love 7
(edited)

Lets not forget that no matter how B felt or how sick she was and with her guard down what she said to LuAnn was reeeally nasty and I still can't figure out why LuAnn deserved that take down. All her blood isn't going to white wash her being a bitch. She owes some apologies. I do hope she's ok though but someone should have proofed that letter because I think spell check may have made some word changes and there were some other oddities. Tighten up your game B.

41 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Doctors don't particularly like to put someone into early menopause since that rings a whole new set of issues

You can have a hysterectomy and leave the ovaries so you won't go into early menopause. I know because that's what I did at 45.

Edited by Almost 3000
  • Love 15

Bethenny might have been really sick and I truly hope she's okay and on the mend.  I agree -- endometriosis is no joke and I give tons of sympathy, empathy and well wishes to anyone who has it. When you get into your 40s and 50s, the gynecological issues get rough so my love goes out anyone navigating that.

• Love 1

well she was on WWHL, and she is back to her old self.

I finally figure out what is wrong with that chick, imo she has an inferiority complex.

She is obsessed with being equal with rich, superior (in her shallow eyes) people.

On the show, she made a point of declaring that she and Martha Stewart were on the same level, as if....

Martha is the bitch who went to the Pen and came out with a homemade poncho. Beth would die and shrivel like a little bitch under the same circumstances. 

On her radio show, she bragged that Miley Cyrus knew her.

What an insatiable pit of need.

I now suspect that she left Jason because she perceived that he was not on her level....You know a billionaire baller.

• Love 8
27 minutes ago, LIMOM said:

well she was on WWHL, and she is back to her old self.

I finally figure out what is wrong with that chick, imo she has an inferiority complex.

She is obsessed with being equal with rich, superior (in her shallow eyes) people.

On the show, she made a point of declaring that she and Martha Stewart were on the same level, as if....

Martha is the bitch who went to the Pen and came out with a homemade poncho. Beth would die and shrivel like a little bitch under the same circumstances. 

On her radio show, she bragged that Miley Cyrus knew her.

What an insatiable pit of need.

I now suspect that she left Jason because she perceived that he was not on her level....You know a billionaire baller.

I think she left him, in part, because he became more popular/well liked by the viewers of her Bethenny Ever After show. She even complained about that a few times on the show.

• Love 7
20 hours ago, Souvlaki said:

She seems often like she's fighting half of this battle on behalf of Carole as well, and it's just unnecessary.   She certainly used her for much of the reason why at that dinner with Lu, anyway.   That was weird to me too.

Does Carole appear so weak (or something) to alpha dogs like Bethenny and Heather that they feel like they need to defend her?  I think it's odd, too.  She's older than both and imo, has as much or more (probably more) life experience than them.  I have my theories why they do this, but I wonder what they see, in real life about her, that makes them do this.

15 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Sounds like she's been bitten by a tick.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, jinjer said:

Is she saying that she went in on Luann like a hypocritical lunatic bc her blood levels were low and she couldn't think clearly? 

That's my take. 

34 minutes ago, ryebread said:

Does Carole appear so weak (or something) to alpha dogs like Bethenny and Heather that they feel like they need to defend her?  I think it's odd, too.  She's older than both and imo, has as much or more (probably more) life experience than them.  I have my theories why they do this, but I wonder what they see, in real life about her, that makes them do this.

Sounds like she's been bitten by a tick.

YoNoooooooooo........!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, jinjer said:

Is she saying that she went in on Luann like a hypocritical lunatic bc her blood levels were low and she couldn't think clearly? 

It sounds like her plan to dominate the RH failed with the attacks on Luann so it is time for Plan B. Bethenny, the orphan facing surgery and being so open about a pretty common female problem.  Things that my have turned viewers off, that somehow at 45 years old Bethenny was way too young to hear about things like hysterectomies.  One article said the average age was 41.6 for hysterectomies in the US. 

I watched her last night on WWHL and she tried to work in her fibroid issue into the conversation as often as she could.  It is just not interesting, maybe she wants to go on Dr. Oz and talk all about her gynecological problems.  Otherwise it is just not a great general conversation and from looking at her social media she did plenty of travelling while dealing with her discomfort. 

• Love 8
36 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

It sounds like her plan to dominate the RH failed with the attacks on Luann so it is time for Plan B. Bethenny, the orphan facing surgery and being so open about a pretty common female problem.  Things that my have turned viewers off, that somehow at 45 years old Bethenny was way too young to hear about things like hysterectomies.  One article said the average age was 41.6 for hysterectomies in the US. 

I watched her last night on WWHL and she tried to work in her fibroid issue into the conversation as often as she could.  It is just not interesting, maybe she wants to go on Dr. Oz and talk all about her gynecological problems.  Otherwise it is just not a great general conversation and from looking at her social media she did plenty of travelling while dealing with her discomfort. 

I like her making it part of her story BUT I hate that she seems, so far, to be using it also as an excuse for being a bitch. She always seems to find something to blame for that.

There's a scene after her meeting with Jill where she's standing on the street, looking really lovely in that great coat but stricken by the confrontation, that stands out in my mind as the moment she turned from a character I had empathy for to something else. I then started noting that everything was about her damaged self and so she was pretty much an unapologetic bitch about most things. I'm actually gobsmacked that she can watch the show and not change her behavior.

• Love 6
(edited)
13 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

Lets not forget that no matter how B felt or how sick she was and with her guard down what she said to LuAnn was reeeally nasty and I still can't figure out why LuAnn deserved that take down. All her blood isn't going to white wash her being a bitch. She owes some apologies. I do hope she's ok though but someone should have proofed that letter because I think spell check may have made some word changes and there were some other oddities. Tighten up your game B.

You can have a hysterectomy and leave the ovaries so you won't go into early menopause. I know because that's what I did at 45.

Same here.  I was just over thirty.  Even with the hysterectomy, I needed one more surgery.  It's a painful, life disrupting process that varies for every woman going through it.  I can't and shouldn't really compare my experience to anyone else's, but I will say I never used my medical problems as an excuse to go level 11 bitch on someone.

Edited by LunchBreak
  • Love 9
42 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

I like her making it part of her story BUT I hate that she seems, so far, to be using it also as an excuse for being a bitch. She always seems to find something to blame for that.

There's a scene after her meeting with Jill where she's standing on the street, looking really lovely in that great coat but stricken by the confrontation, that stands out in my mind as the moment she turned from a character I had empathy for to something else. I then started noting that everything was about her damaged self and so she was pretty much an unapologetic bitch about most things. I'm actually gobsmacked that she can watch the show and not change her behavior.

Here is a recent People interview about how she doesn't take things off court because she is so busy and won't rewind.  Apparently, she is about to do something really nasty to Luann.  http://www.people.com/article/bethenny-frankel-on-fight-with-luann-de-lesseps?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag  Andy mentioned it last night on WWHL.  He said she was a pot stirrer and she copied Tamra Barney's line word for word, "it is my job."

• Love 2

From People (bolding mine):

"I've reached out to her a couple times saying, 'I hope you're happy.' 'Sorry about this thing that happened that hasn't been aired yet,' " says Frankel. "I find the show to be a comedy, so I don't really like live in it. "I don't think that it's all that serious. I've been going through an ordeal with my divorce and I have a business to run, so I don't have a lot of time thinking about what already happened on the show."

How many CYA excuses does she have?

I guess I'm just not appreciating her comedic timing. I usually at least smile during comedies, not cringe in revulsion.

• Love 14
2 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

I'm actually gobsmacked that she can watch the show and not change her behavior.

It's her schicht (sp?). If she morphed into Mother Teresa she wouldn't be 'honest'. She's a bitch and owns it because she's always true to herself. Or something like that. If you can't handle it, it's your problem.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

From People (bolding mine):

"I've reached out to her a couple times saying, 'I hope you're happy.' 'Sorry about this thing that happened that hasn't been aired yet,' " says Frankel. "I find the show to be a comedy, so I don't really like live in it. "I don't think that it's all that serious. I've been going through an ordeal with my divorce and I have a business to run, so I don't have a lot of time thinking about what already happened on the show."

How many CYA excuses does she have?

I guess I'm just not appreciating her comedic timing. I usually at least smile during comedies, not cringe in revulsion.

I do think Bethenny misjudged the audience and their dislike of Luann.  I really believe she thought she would have the viewers cheering her on for taking down the Countess and she severely misjudged.  One of Bethenny's many issues is she can not handle when people don't agree with her or howl with laughter when she is trying to make a point.  Last night on WWHL, Andy chose to show one clip of the Luann's special, and of course it was the one where she talks about having crabs.  It is funny without much more to add, Bethenny just overacted and the talented comedian Matt Walsh, knew how far to take it and it was once again Bethenny trying too hard and showing off and Andy had to back her down.  It was the same with the mentor think at Dorinda's, which for some reason enraged Bethenny (obviously she knew Luann and Sonja were getting a lot of camera time and she had no way of intruding), she said really nonsensical things such as, "the blind leading the deaf," or when the subject of Skinnygirl and Luann came up she made another nonsensical reference to having a blood system that was vodka and gin.  Again last night on WWHL, the question was, "who would you take to the doctor with you?" and Bethenny did her best to pitch Ramona.  Ramona was dead last in the poll.  She just doesn't have the power she thinks she does.

She continued with dissing Martha Stewart and claimed they are at the same level.  Martha Stewart has appeared with her, told Bethenny she thought she a show off and at a fundraiser for Hillary Clinton, apparently neither Bethenny or Martha acknowledged each other-Bethenny claiming she was at the same level as Martha Stewart.  Apparently not.  Martha has known the Clintons for years and years, Bethenny believes her money and her brand success makes up for all her other shortcomings.  I am pretty certain neither Hillary or Martha have been filmed screaming a "friend" is a slut, whore, plastic fuck doll. peeing in bucket in their wedding dress, peeing on the side of the road.  So as much as she wants to be "up there" she still has to overcome her own self.  

• Love 14
52 minutes ago, Beden said:

It's her schicht (sp?). If she morphed into Mother Teresa she wouldn't be 'honest'. She's a bitch and owns it because she's always true to herself. Or something like that. If you can't handle it, it's your problem.

I think it might be her problem as SG sales drop.

• Love 2

Apparently not.  Martha has known the Clintons for years and years

And yet it's Martha being dissed all over social media for taking pictures and posting from the event. The event rule was no photos at all. So some celebs are really hacked off to find themselves on Martha's feed. 

• Love 1