Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Ok.  So am I the only one who didn't know that Bethenny's contractor, Stephen Fanuka, has his own show on DIY called Million Dollar Contractor?  I was watching DIY and saw a commercial for another show with him in it and I was like, I know that guy.  He's Beth's contractor.  Sure enough.

http://www.stephenfanuka.com/

Good catch.  I wonder if her apartment remodel is part of his show?

At the beginning of the season I was Bethennied out.  Now I am kind of wondering what happened to her?  She just seems to get updates from Carole and make the briefest of appearances.  I wonder if Bethenny contract was only for so many weeks?

• Love 2

Watched some recent episodes over the weekend. 

Gotta say, Bethenney's impersonation of Dorinda was spot on*. The drunkish Dorinda,... the tough girl attitude, the thickish speech, the hautiness. With finger pointed,  "...back dat shit up. "  It was damn near perfection.

Oh this is when Bethenney is best on TV. 

* If you missed it , it was in the episode right after last T&C episode when B first meets Carole and Dorinda back in NYC for lunch at the Laundrette  - or whatever it was called. B does it in 2 talking heads. Hilarious.

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 4

Watched some recent episodes over the weekend. 

Gotta say, Bethenney's impersonation of Dorinda was spot on*. The drunkish Dorinda,... the tough girl attitude, the thickish speech, the hautiness. With finger pointed,  "...back dat shit up. "  It was damn near perfection.

I agree.  I enjoyed when she did Jill all those years ago and although not a true 'impersonation' of Sonja, I LOVED when she was pretending that the coconut she found in the surf in TandC was Sonja's talking head.

Now, her impression of Ramona during this past episode was horrific.  A train wreck that I didn't even want to stop and gawk at.  It was during the Skinny Girl party.  Of Ramona looking for a hot guy.  The most obnoxious thing Beth's done all season.  And that includes crying or plastering every surface with Skinny Girl swag.

• Love 7

Re: Beth's impersonation of Jill way back. Not only the couple of times on the actual show - but does anyone recall the couple of outtake videos she did being Jill. They used to be available on the Bravo site. They were friggin hilarious as well - dead on. One with Jill yelling in her piercing foghorn voice to Bawby to get her pocketbook. 

Then she had a couple where did did Alex's husband, Simon. She turned on the faux snooty accent and talked about "going showpping" at the finest stores and being so into "fashun" .

I recall that each of these videos were shot in Bethenney's first apartment  (very plain with spare furniture, white walls, etc).

Edited by Bossa Nova

I stopped in my Wine & Spirits store over the weekend and was surprised by the lack of SG product they have.  They used to carry at least five varieties of her cocktails and now they only have the Sangria-- and it was deeply discounted.  Are sales really that poor, or is it just not popular in my area?

• Love 2

Are sales really that poor, or is it just not popular in my area?

I think it depends on the store and the area.  At the yuppie, higher end market in town, (Nino Salvaggio's for you SE Michiganders) it does well.  Full contingent of flavors and a beautiful display.  But where we buy our adult beverages, I've only seen one or two varieties gathering dust.

• Love 1

I think it depends on the store and the area.  At the yuppie, higher end market in town, (Nino Salvaggio's for you SE Michiganders) it does well.  Full contingent of flavors and a beautiful display.  But where we buy our adult beverages, I've only seen one or two varieties gathering dust.

I found it to be the opposite. I have no SG products in my town, but I did see some at a Ralph's in Palm Desert a few weeks ago.  I was surprised to see actual SG liquor..have never seen it at my Ralph's or Gelsons..ever.

• Love 1

Forgive me if this has been mentioned in this thread already, since it would take forever to read through, but, did Bethenny have some kind of jaw softening or smoothing surgery?  She used to have a huge, wide, square jaw that was borderline distracting.  I just saw her on WWHL with her hair combed and sprayed back, and the two bony protuberances in the photo below that made her jaw square, are gone.  I had noticed she looked softer and prettier this season, but couldn't put my finger on it.

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/IFWT_bethenny-frankel.png

• Love 3

Forgive me if this has been mentioned in this thread already, since it would take forever to read through, but, did Bethenny have some kind of jaw softening or smoothing surgery? She used to have a huge, wide, square jaw that was borderline distracting. I just saw her on WWHL with her hair combed and sprayed back, and the two bony protuberances in the photo below that made her jaw square, are gone. I had noticed she looked softer and prettier this season, but couldn't put my finger on it.

http://www.inflexwetrust.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/IFWT_bethenny-frankel.png

IMO Bethenny has a similar jaw to Audrey Hepburn...I don't see her touching It. Though now comparing last night's photos with yours it does appear to look softer and not as square.

nup-170464-0012-jpg.jpg

audrey_hepburn.jpg

bethenny-frankel-wwhl-500x500.jpg

1439362216_22625724_ver1.0_640_480.png

Your photo:

IFWT_bethenny-frankel.png

Edited by talula

Yes, she does! But do you see how much more severe it is in the older pic I linked? Regardless, whatever she did, she looks great.

I edited my post & added a few more pics...it does appear it's been slightly altered. If her eyes were given a slight upward turn on the ends she'd be perfection. As it stands she looked great last night on WWHL and I think she's on again tonight!

Edited by talula
  • Love 1

cherry slushie, you're right - her square jawbone that made her so ghoulish has been altered. It seems too big a change for what fillers would do. I wonder if that can be sawed down (ew?) in surgery or something.

Also on WWHL last night, she's had cheek fillers. Anyone know why she wasn't showing off that new shorter bob hairstyle?

she looked great last night on WWHL and I think she's on again tonight!

Again?! What fresh hell is this?

• Love 2

cherry slushie, you're right - her square jawbone that made her so ghoulish has been altered. It seems too big a change for what fillers would do. I wonder if that can be sawed down (ew?) in surgery or something.

Also on WWHL last night, she's had cheek fillers. Anyone know why she wasn't showing off that new shorter bob hairstyle?

According to Bravo's home page Bethenny is not on WWHL tonight, Salma Hayek & Craig Robinson are on.

Oooh I thought she looked bad last night on WWHL.  That hairdo was a hair “don’t” {*Bethenny voice* Who does she think she is? Pat Benetar? *Bethenny voice*} and that outfit was odd.

Her jaw is looking less severe these days though.  Either she’s had plastic surgery or maybe she really was battling an eating disorder back in the earlier seasons that distorted her face.

• Love 5

I think I got it.  It looks like she may have had a chin implant to elongate and even out her face so less attention is drawn to her jaw.  Without a more prominent chin, her face was square..now it isn't.

• Love 3

You all are so right she totally did something! The chin implant is a good guess but overall her jawline looks less wide and there's less hollow just below her cheekbones so there had to be some filler there. It's really good work, a huge improvement.

She was very not funny on the drive by therapy segment on WWHL. But she ended the season with me liking her better than I did after her spinoff so success B!

• Love 2

I think she may have had strategically-placed fillers or fat injections planted around her jawline to soften it a bit...what a difference though! Looking at her talking heads from seasons past compared to this one, you can definitely see a huge change in her jawline though---she had that Tori Spelling-esque shovelface look going for quite a few years. Glad she was able to use that SG money to freshen herself up a bit---it's quality, subtle work!!

• Love 3

Watching Bethenny on WWHL at one point, she was not smiling, lips closed, listening to Andy, I saw an eerie similarity to Debra Danielson, Farrah Abrahamson's mother from Teen Mom. Scary.

Edited by hawkey

I really shouldn't read this topic in the morning before coffee : Bethenny's face frightens me in picture. Just in picture mind you. When she moves I'm ok but when she's still, she's like the face I don't want to see waking up in the dark, lurking at me while I sleep.

• Love 3

Her jaw is looking less severe these days though.  Either she’s had plastic surgery or maybe she really was battling an eating disorder back in the earlier seasons that distorted her face.

That's what I think it may be.. that her eating disorder, which I believe bulimia can lead to swelling of whatever glands are in that part of the jaw, has abated, so her jaw looks more streamlined now.  

• Love 2

I really shouldn't read this topic in the morning before coffee : Bethenny's face frightens me in picture. Just in picture mind you. When she moves I'm ok but when she's still, she's like the face I don't want to see waking up in the dark, lurking at me while I sleep.

Kelly? Are you having Bethenny nightmares again?

Edited by RedHawk
  • Love 5

I hated hated hated her apartment with Jason though. The one on the spinoff I liked, but the one they bought together and redid I hated. Excellent location, I just hated every choice she made in renovating it.  

I did, too.  How all the rooms radiated from the one big room. Open the bedroom door and there you were.  Brynn's room was TINY.  The only thing I liked better in the old apartment was the master bedroom.  I'm not a fan of wallpaper but I loved what she did in that bedroom.  Her new bedroom is awfully sterile looking. 

Old apartment floorplan. No powder room for guests unless they go through a bedroom.  No likey.

bethenny-condo-floor-plan.jpg

Liked this wallpaper very much.  Don't love the nightstands nor the dinky wall mounted lamps.

bethenny2picpostCD.jpg

ryebread do you have pics of the kitchen too? I think that was my least favorite part of the house. 

I remember a fight over giving Jason his own space and she wanted it for her closet. I mean it is one hell of a closet. 

• Love 1

ryebread do you have pics of the kitchen too? I think that was my least favorite part of the house. 

I remember a fight over giving Jason his own space and she wanted it for her closet. I mean it is one hell of a closet. 

p_102017047_w.jpg

The step down from the kitchen would not be my friend. LOL

There is a guest bath at the end of the entry hallway.

Thanks.  Missed that.

• Love 3
I think I got it.  It looks like she may have had a chin implant to elongate and even out her face so less attention is drawn to her jaw.

Good call, cherrie slushie!

Her jaw was SO bulgy and weird that I'm not sure it would be enough, but I think you're right about the chin implant. And she's got tons of fillers, everywhere, which she needs and are well done. The new upper lip thing is distracting, though.

I kind want to go back and analyze when she had surgery done, but I hate looking at her face, so.

Edited by missy jo
  • Love 4

When she referred to Brynn's new bedroom as "pink annd fluffy", I was like, huh?  It's pink, but it ain't fluffy.  It's neo-modern 'sterile' with hints of black.  No likey.  It needs some frill..and loads of fluff, to be even remotely cozy, girly, and well, fluffy.

• Love 6

Problem with this season of RHONY is that ironically, adding Bethenny is making it less real.  We all know that all the housewives are scared to be on Bethenny's bad side, because she is the super-favored child of Andy and the great hope for saving the show.  So every single housewife has to kiss Bethenny's ass-- and each wife also knows that their hopes for remaining on the show rest heavily on their ability to make friends with Bethenny.  Which is part of the reason Kristen and Heather freaked out so much about not clicking with her, or not being accepted by her.

It gives Bethenny this huge amount of un-"real" power, since she's never going to be taken down, so to speak, not really.  I feel that manipulation this season, and it's totally turned me off.  I can't get invested when I know how much I'm being manipulated-- here, I'm being manipulated to accept Bethenny as the awesome, cool, A number one girl.  I used to like her, naturally, during early RHONY seasons, although she turned me off with her dysfunctional relationship behavior and her related drive to be famous, famous, famous and put everything on TV.   NOW, it's like I'm being force-fed Bethenny, and it makes me not like her.  It keeps me from being interested in the ladies' dynamics, cause I know they're all secretly clamoring for her attention.  

• Love 21

Seems no one can stay mad at Moaner. I don't get it. And yes she does look great. I was gonna say her body looks awesome for a 60 year old. But her body looks awesome for any age.

Haha.  I don't get why they don't stay mad at her.  I've been mad at her since season one.  And she's not 60.  She's 58.  I'm sure she would correct you on that.  :)

• Love 9

I still can't figure out what Bethenny's done to her face.  This is way more than a hair cut and some fillers.  Her jawline has always been very harsh.  In this picture her jawline is softened.  Can't figure it out.

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q=bethenny+frankel+and+jason+wedding&view=detailv2&id=DCBE029698BBC3D4CD08D510E0C318A8DB82B650&selectedindex=69&ccid=xN25LLJn&simid=608055971234710889&thid=JN.%2BvrjyEoWUDNYdVzpG4MqhQ&mode=overlay&first=1

• Love 2

There's a discussion about the change in Bethenny's jaw upthread.  At first I thought it was a chin implant to draw attention away from her harsh jawline by elongating her face, but now I do believe she had some kind of jaw softening surgery, involving grinding down (cringe) those bulging square jawbone protuberances on each side. There is now no trace of either bulge, and her face is heart-shaped.  

For years her harsh jawline was so distracting in her talking heads, that it was easy to notice the difference, and even more so post season (her WWHL appearance).

Also, I noticed she was pulling her hair back more, and just recently got a short bob cut.  She never would have done that with her old jaw.

Edited by cherry slushie
  • Love 5