Type keyword(s) to search

Bethenny Frankel: Skinny Girl

• Start Topic

Honestly, Bethenny just isn't a happy person. She wanted a family and she got it, but it still wasn't enough. She complained about being broke, but is now unbelievably rich, and she still isn't happy. That's just who she is.

Good point. For Bethenny, happiness is an oxymoron.

• Love 4
(edited)

I wondered if Bethy and the BF were having a lot of trouble between them way before they broke up and that might account for her being on the verge of breaking down and all the tears during the season.  Blaming all the tears and drama on the divorce and custody because she did not want the relationship (even simple acknowledgement of it ) to be part of the show.

I don't imagine a relationship with her is smooth sailing most of the time.

Haha, just realized I worked in a reference to her sailing with therapist and Jason and, ahem, getting lost at sea, ahemmmm.

Edited by Crikey
  • Love 3

I wondered if Bethy and the BF were having a lot of trouble between them way before they broke up and that might account for her being on the verge of breaking down and all the tears during the season.  Blaming all the tears and drama on the divorce and custody because she did not want the relationship (even simple acknowledgement of it ) to be part of the show.

Haha, just realized I worked in a reference to her sailing with therapist and Jason and, ahem, getting lost at sea, ahemmmm.

I wondered the same thing. Her BF looked like a guy who could play head games and I suspect B is one of those girls who bends over backwards for the bad or unobtainable guy (Jason 1.0) and demeans and belittles the available guy (possibly Jason 2.0).

• Love 3

Yeah!   I think it *is* reasonable to speculate that her relationship may have been going sour, and she was struggling with that. Break-ups rarely happen in an instant.  It's hard to believe that the current breakdowns are still about custody arrangements and the loss of her apartment etc. I admit I do enjoy picking on B, but I'd like to think that although it's a huge thorn in her side, that these issues haven't kept her on the verge of tears every day since it happened.  

• Love 2

Yeah!   I think it *is* reasonable to speculate that her relationship may have been going sour, and she was struggling with that. Break-ups rarely happen in an instant.  It's hard to believe that the current breakdowns are still about custody arrangements and the loss of her apartment etc. I admit I do enjoy picking on B, but I'd like to think that although it's a huge thorn in her side, that these issues haven't kept her on the verge of tears every day since it happened.  

My opps, sorry.

I have been away and had not read your previous take on Bethy's tears this season.  Thanks for not snarking at me for what you had already posted.

I agree with you.

I like mystery novels and like to try and figure out the mystery as I read along but I get aggravated when the author reveals all the important clues in the end pages.  I feel kinda robbed.  I find Agatha Christie tended to do that.

If Bethy is upset  because of her relationship with the BF going sour rather than only the divorce/custody then she is not "real" like she claims in her tag line.  Grrrrr.  Mind you, real would have been a mention of the BF or a relationship even if she did not go into any depth about it so viewers of her being "real" would have understood her meltdowns.

• Love 4

I think having a boyfriend on camera would conflict with her Phoenix-rising-from-the-ashes of her divorce storyline Andy has going to garner sympathy. She's a homeless single mother who was raised by wolves but she's tough as nails, don't ya know!!

I think the crying when she doesn't get her way aspect that makes me a little nuts.  Bethenny didn't get her way in the divorce and now she cries-she has to share custody, doesn't get renewed and cries, doesn't get Bravo to give her a new spin-off and she cries all over RHONYC.   

• Love 6

Some of my favorite HW shit happens off film. Can I get a "oh yeah" from the Susan Saunder's fans?

Here, right here! I think that will hang over Jillzy forever. The pillow talk it must have generated with Bawbee ( somehow, it probably ended up being his fault.)

• Love 4

Andy Claims Beth Gets No Editing Approval

"She has none,” sniffed Cohen of Frankel getting any sneak peeks at her scenes.

“As a matter of fact, she gets the episode when everyone else does,” he added.

“We send the ‘Housewives’ the episodes the week before. She has absolutely no say.”

He added that the show doesn’t play favorites.

But she has nothing to do with editing, she has no knowledge of what’s going to be in the episodes, she has no warning.”

He further confided, “Trust me, there are times, not from her but from certain ‘Housewives,’ saying, ‘Please can you change this?’ And they know we never change the episodes. They are as they are.”

http://pagesix.com/2015/06/07/andy-cohen-bethenny-frankel-has-no-say-in-rhony-editing/

I call bullshit. No shes not on the cutting room floor begging to be edited a certain way but Andy sure isnt about to let Beth be seen in a bad light at all. And I cant wait til the reunion if he gives her any hard questions. I'll never agree with him that he'll show another side to Bethenny compared to other wives. If he did I could only imagine what would happen to his and Beth's friendship.

• Love 7

http://pagesix.com/2015/06/07/andy-cohen-bethenny-frankel-has-no-say-in-rhony-editing/

I call bullshit. No shes not on the cutting room floor begging to be edited a certain way but Andy sure isnt about to let Beth be seen in a bad light at all. And I cant wait til the reunion if he gives her any hard questions. I'll never agree with him that he'll show another side to Bethenny compared to other wives. If he did I could only imagine what would happen to his and Beth's friendship.

I don't think people are saying she has editorial control over RHONYC-I think they r saying she was an EP of the spin off and chose the activities and what was seen on that show..  Bethenny gets an lot of confessional time on RHONYC where she runs with her observations - most of which aren't really funny anymore.  Her comment about seeing the women dressed up-  Falcon Crest, Knot Landing - irrelevant not even amusing, nor was it an offensive reference.  She comes off as having to comment on everything and her days of the Greek chorus are kind of over. 

These comments would be a whole lot more believable if Andy Cohen had not just had two "special" pre-recorded episodes of WWHL featuring he and Bethenny.  He had one to kick off the season with her and then one where she turned the tables with questions for Andy. 

• Love 9

Of course it is total and complete bullshit. I agree that she isn't sitting in a production room splicing tape together. Her control was on the front-end. Certain things were not to be included, and if they were (custody or divorce) than these topics needed to be handled in a certain way as to protect her. Does Andy or Beth, or anyone over at Bravo think that folks actually believed she put her fate in the hands of an edited Reality TV show when she is in the middle of this very contentious divorce without some protection? Even if it were only a wink-wink between Beth and Andy that the goal would be at the end to make her appear sympathetic, that is control over the narrative as far as I am concerned. Andy will always remind us that they let Beth look like a "beast" during certain times, and absolutely they have. She was a crazy person in some of her interactions with Heather, and I think we will see more of it. As I have said before, I don't think the idea is to make people actually like her more, but to show that she is going through a lot of shit, is under stress, is about to break apart, and give us the reasons for all of this. You can make someone appear more sympathetic without making them beloved. At the end of the day, most people will walk away and think that she is a good mother. I think that has always been the plan; to remove the image of her standing around in her daughter's PJ's.  Let her talk often and at length about how important it is to be with her daughter and you have done all that really needed to be done. And remind us about the Skinnygirl products.

• Love 10

And I think that this forum would be more fun to post in if there were more agreeing to disagree.

Absolutely.  Aren't we supposed to be enjoying ourselves?  I damn near had an anxiety attack a few pages back.

I think part of Julie being made Godmother was because she's catholic. You can't be a godparent in the Catholic Church if you're not Catholic.

Not true.  I'm a non-Catholic godparent of a Catholic child.  All that's required is one of the two godparents be Catholic.

• Love 3

Absolutely. Aren't we supposed to be enjoying ourselves? I damn near had an anxiety attack a few pages back.

Not true. I'm a non-Catholic godparent of a Catholic child. All that's required is one of the two godparents be Catholic.

I'm Episcopalian myself, so I won't pretend to be an expert. That's the explanation I was given and I've heard of other stories. I always just assumed Julie being Catholic had something to do with their choice. Especially since Julie's religion was specifically mentioned as a factor in the decision (by Jason I think, but I don't remember for sure.).

• Love 1

Re: Andy sure isnt about to let Beth be seen in a bad light at all.

But I don't see her getting a good edit. She certainly hasn't been seen in a good light, at least I don't think so.

• Love 1

Re: Andy sure isnt about to let Beth be seen in a bad light at all.

But I don't see her getting a good edit. She certainly hasn't been seen in a good light, at least I don't think so.

Though I do think Andy has made some concessions for Beth, I don't see her being portrayed in a favorable light. She remains as shrill, loud and annoying as she always has. Now had she'd come back with a Camille Grammer edit...

I think Julie made sense as a godmother. Beth spent more time with her than anybody. Jason did, too. They obviously trusted her. Now the other one as guardian I totally didn't get.

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't think so, the guy seemed smitten with her and for all purposes they got along well, the fact that he refused to film only tells me that he was not a famewhore like Jason 2.0. IMO the explanation why she is so emotional and raw is very simple and we even have factual evidence of that in the form of a judge ruling

The recent judge ruling where it is alleged that Jason set up a trust with him as the head to be able to keep living in the apartment and his mother notarized the document while not being legally able to do so, in the articles I read it is mentioned that this came as a surprise to Bethenny and that she denies her signature and/or believes she was misled about the nature of the trust, whether one believe that or not the fact is that the judge found enough irregularities to throw away the shady trust , but that ruling didn't happen from one week to the other, this probably was going on for months, probably during filming, so I have the huntch that this is really the core of Bethenny emotional roller coaster. It is one thing to get to the dreadful decision that your marriage is over and it was a mistake to begin with, (all that in the eye of the public opinion) but as Bethenny has said many times she thought that in the event of a divorce Jason and her would be able to continue living in friendly terms. All that went out the window when she realized that lovely Jason (while he was still married to her and allegedly trying to make it work) was indeed plotting behind her back and using his mother's help to actively secure himself a claim in the apartment that he knows SGC money bought. It is one thing to realize that your marriage can't be saved but it is another thing to come to the realization that you have been played big time and were nothing but the golden goose in the relationship.

Bethenny behind all that hard wall is very emotional and I imagine it was devastating for her to learn that Jason had nefarious plans in mind when it came to her fortune  while they were still married , it must have been a huge blow to her ego to realize that she was nothing but a means to an end , her phrases "it is worse than you will ever know, this is 10 times worse than my childhood, I don't think I can trust anybody right now, I am going through things that I can't even talk about" (gag order) all come in the context of this situation IMO.

It is one thing to go through the painful process of a regular divorce and custody battles, that in itself can bring anybody to their knees but I think it is much worse when you realize that the person who was supposed to share your life and who said loved you, was in reality nothing but a sham who was looking for ways to part with your fortune.

Edited by Wendy
  • Love 2

I read somewhere that Beth said her ex-boyfriend is a drunk.  If that's the case, who knows what shenanigans went on during the course of their relationship.  She should've stayed unattached until the divorce was finalized.  Between boyfriend drama, divorce proceedings, work and being a mother, no wonder Skinny Girl got skinnier.

• Love 5

I don't think so, the guy seemed smitten with her and for all purposes they got along well, the fact that he refused to film only tells me that he was not a famewhore like Jason 2.0. IMO the explanation why she is so emotional and raw is very simple and we even have factual evidence of that in the form of a judge ruling

The recent judge ruling where it is alleged that Jason set up a trust with him as the head to be able to keep living in the apartment and his mother notarized the document while not being legally able to do so, in the articles I read it is mentioned that this came as a surprise to Bethenny and that she denies her signature and/or believes she was misled about the nature of the trust, whether one believe that or not the fact is that the judge found enough irregularities to throw away the shady trust , but that ruling didn't happen from one week to the other, this probably was going on for months, probably during filming, so I have the huntch that this is really the core of Bethenny emotional roller coaster. It is one thing to get to the dreadful decision that your marriage is over and it was a mistake to begin with, (all that in the eye of the public opinion) but as Bethenny has said many times she thought that in the event of a divorce Jason and her would be able to continue living in friendly terms. All that went out the window when she realized that lovely Jason (while he was still married to her and allegedly trying to make it work) was indeed plotting behind her back and using his mother's help to actively secure himself a claim in the apartment that he knows SGC money bought. It is one thing to realize that your marriage can't be saved but it is another thing to come to the realization that you have been played big time and were nothing but the golden goose in the relationship.

Bethenny behind all that hard wall is very emotional and I imagine it was devastating for her to learn that Jason had nefarious plans in mind when it came to her fortune  while they were still married , it must have been a huge blow to her ego to realize that she was nothing but a means to an end , her phrases "it is worse than you will ever know, this is 10 times worse than my childhood, I don't think I can trust anybody right now, I am going through things that I can't even talk about" (gag order) all come in the context of this situation IMO.

It is one thing to go through the painful process of a regular divorce and custody battles, that in itself can bring anybody to their knees but I think it is much worse when you realize that the person who was supposed to share your life and who said loved you, was in reality nothing but a sham who was looking for ways to part with your fortune.

Prior to filming Bethenny had purchased another apartment and was remodeling it - and had plans to buy the one next door.  So now it is all about money and getting Jason out of the apartment that was Bryn's home in Manhattan.  Sometimes with Bethenny I think it is more about the declaration of war that the battle.  She seems to bring on the throw downs and then have some sort of regret or frustration afterwards and expects sympathy.  I always remember her saying she would spend every penny she made defensing herself in a lawsuit brought by her former agent.  She screwed him over and she paid.  It sure made for a great sound bite-Bethenny the victim of predatory agents, men and the father of her child. 

I don't think Jason impregnated Bethenny with the idea he would screw her out of her possessions.  Maybe, just maybe, he fought back in the place it seems to effect Bethenny the most - her possessions.  He got the preferred custody arrangement let's see what happens in phase 2 of the divorce.  My prediction-neither party will be happy.

• Love 6

Prior to filming Bethenny had purchased another apartment and was remodeling it - and had plans to buy the one next door.  So now it is all about money and getting Jason out of the apartment that was Bryn's home in Manhattan.  Sometimes with Bethenny I think it is more about the declaration of war that the battle.  She seems to bring on the throw downs and then have some sort of regret or frustration afterwards and expects sympathy.  I always remember her saying she would spend every penny she made defensing herself in a lawsuit brought by her former agent.  She screwed him over and she paid.  It sure made for a great sound bite-Bethenny the victim of predatory agents, men and the father of her child. 

I don't think Jason impregnated Bethenny with the idea he would screw her out of her possessions.  Maybe, just maybe, he fought back in the place it seems to effect Bethenny the most - her possessions.  He got the preferred custody arrangement let's see what happens in phase 2 of the divorce.  My prediction-neither party will be happy.

He is entitled to fight his battles, my problem with him is the fact that he did this trust when they were married and allegedly happily married. He tried to screw her not when they were divorcing and out of spite , he tried to screw her when they were still married and planning a life together. He not only screwed her with the trust, he used his own mother to complete the deed. One thing is to fight a bitter battle when they are divorcing, most couples do not have amicable divorces, but this trust was set up when they were very much together as a couple. If that doesn't reveal the true cunning and conniving nature of Jason Hoppy I don't know what does.

He has not gotten preferred custody arriagnments they got split custody which means that she has to pay child support because she makes more money. They both requested primary physical custody so I am not sure how is Jason winning here.

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't know where any of this is coming from.  It seems completely unsupported by any facts I've ever heard - or not heard. 

If Bethenny had ever claimed Jason was merely a predator, I'm sure someone would have dragged it over here and posted it.  But that has never happened.  I don't recall Bethenny ever accusing Jason of only being after her money.  That is purely the speculative opinion of some of us online.  Bethenny has never said anything of the sort to my knowledge, so it's not at all some sound bite she herself is pushing to further some narrative of herself as a victim of men.

The fact that she chose to move on and buy another apartment for herself rather than keep moving from one hotel to another while in the city in no way invalidates her claim to the Tribecca apartment she is trying to establish.  Ownership of that five million dollar apartment is a valid legal issue and it hardly seems to me that pursuing that claim is an attempt to just gain sympathy.  It's Five. Million. Dollars.  Is she supposed to just walk away from it because she can afford another apartment?  That just sounds nuts to me. 

As far as her case with her former agent, the terms of their settlement were private.  So I don't know how it can be said that she  paid him anything. Assuming she even did, it is possible she paid him a very small amount to simply take his BS claims and go away.  People do it all the time even though they are in the right just to avoid the time and expense of litigation.  It is nothing but supposition that she was just trying to get pity by vowing to fight him.  Sound business reasoning my well have ruled the day and she wisely decided to not waste any time with this clown and just paid him off to get lost.  

Edited by Celia Rubenstein

He is entitled to fight his battles, my problem with him is the fact that he did this trust when they were married and allegedly happily married. He tried to screw her not when they were divorcing and out of spite , he tried to screw her when they were still married and planning a life together. He not only screwed her with the trust, he used his own mother to complete the deed. One thing is to fight a bitter battle when they are divorcing, most couples do not have amicable divorces, but this trust was set up when they were very much together as a couple. If that doesn't reveal the true cunning and conniving nature of Jason Hoppy I don't know what does.

He has not gotten preferred custody arriagnments they got split custody which means that she has to pay child support because she makes more money. They both requested primary physical custody so I am not sure how is Jason winning here.

Actually, when Bethenny filed for custody she filed for sole/primary custody, which Jason then filed the same after she did. Bethenny wanted to be able to dictate who, what , where and when about Bryn without Jason having any say. Jason then amended his request to joint/shared custody while Bethenny refused to do so. Even the Judge in their custody case advised her on several occasions to do that because she would not win sole/primary custody. Bethenny refused to do that until immediately after she testified in court against Jason and before Jason's Lawyers could question her or have Jason take the stand to testify against Bethenny. Jason agreed to settle because all he ever wanted was joint/shared custody to begin with. IMO, Bethenny refused to settle only so she could bad mouth Jason in court, open court at that, and then settled so that he could not reveal the skeletons in her closet.

• Love 4

Requirements to be a godparent in the Catholic Church:

o what’s the starting point, the minimum requirements, for a godparent? Canon law (can. 873 – 874) is quite clear.

At least one godparent is required; if there are two, one must be male and the other female. No two godfathers or two godmothers allowed.
    Typically a godparent must be mature, usually interpreted as a minimum of sixteen-years-old.
    The godparent must be a practicing Catholic in good standing with the Church who has received the sacraments of holy Eucharist and confirmation and “leads a life in harmony with the faith and the role to be undertaken.”
    The sponsor must not be the father or mother of the one to be baptized.
    Under certain circumstances, such as mixed marriages, one may be a “Christian witness,” essentially defined as a baptized Protestant Christian, as long as the other is a practicing Catholic.
    In case of an emergency baptism, such as imminent death, no sponsor is needed

http://www.catholicstand.com/why-godparents-matter/

• Love 1

Again, Jason does not get to live in the Tribecca loft because of the trust.  It has nothing to do with it.  He gets to live in it because he and Beth are still married and it's the marital home - New York law.  It doesn't matter who 'paid' for it.  Some ignorant writer from radaronline concluded that Jason was in the loft because of the trust.  That writer was incorrect.

The trust issue is about whether or not the loft is a marital asset.  Again, according to the law, it doesn't matter who paid for it.  Even with a prenup, this can be an issue, depending on how the prenup is worded and how the trust is worded.  We don't have that information.

And I'll go out on a limb here, and I'm sure many will disagree, but if the roles had been reversed with Jason making millions of dollars and Beth being a $100000 year whatever, there would be a lot more sympathy for Beth.  I also think under this scenario, many people wouldn't have a problem with Beth getting alimony or child support.  But Jason is a man there is still a gender bias.  JMO.

• Love 7
(edited)

I have not heard anyone complain about Jason getting child support, or alimony either so long as it is reasonable.  It's the belief that after a two-year marriage he is trying to claim a huge hunk of the money from the Beam deal that has most people giving him the side eye, when it appears he had little to do with building the company or brokering the deal.  It has nothing to do with a double standard/gender bias from what I've read here.  

• Love 1

I have not heard anyone complain about Jason getting child support, or alimony either so long as it is reasonable.  It's the belief that he is trying to claim a huge hunk of the money from the Beam deal that has most people giving him the side eye, when it appears he had little to do with building the company or brokering the deal.  It has nothing to do with a double standard/gender bias from what I've read here.  

According to who on the Beam deal?  We have no idea of what Jason is asking for, just rumors.

I'm not going to back and look for posts but as I remember it, there were people here and other places where people were complaining about the amount of money Jason was getting for spousal and child support. 

Again, like I said in my original post, many would disagree with me.  JMO.

• Love 4

I have not heard anyone complain about Jason getting child support, or alimony either so long as it is reasonable.  It's the belief that he is trying to claim a huge hunk of the money from the Beam deal that has most people giving him the side eye, when it appears he had little to do with building the company or brokering the deal.  It has nothing to do with a double standard/gender bias from what I've read here.

Agreed, although I have to say that I do give the alimony side eye. They were married for two years!!! I believe alimony is appropriate in marriages where one spouse has forgone having a career in order to care for the family/home life, but in this case, aren't we to believe Jason did not stop working? Why can't he support himself?

And I dislike goldigging women just as much as I dislike goldigging men.

• Love 5

Agreed, although I have to say that I do give the alimony side eye. They were married for two years!!! I believe alimony is appropriate in marriages where one spouse has forgone having a career in order to care for the family/home life, but in this case, aren't we to believe Jason did not stop working? Why can't he support himself?

And I dislike goldigging women just as much as I dislike goldigging men.

They are still married.  And under NY law, temporary spousal maintenance is required.  A spouse is entitled to the standard of living that was under the marriage.  This could change after the divorce is finalized. 

http://www.lawny.org/index.php/family-self-help-140/other-family-law-self-help-75/214-spousal-maintenance-in-new-york

• Love 3

Jason is young and healthy with a profession that could provide a decent income, so yeah ... he could easily support himself.  Even if he did stop working, he was only out of the workforce for how long?  They were only married two years.  It's not like he lost all his professional traction in that period of time. But I have the feeling pounding the pavement selling pharmaceuticals is not what Jason wants to have to do for the rest of his life. 

Him asking for alimony at all must be based upon the fact that his wife had a super high income and he wants to claim he had a style of living to maintain blah blah.  But even if you buy that, it was only for two years ... if gets any alimony it won't be for very long, that's for sure.  By the time their divorce is settled, he may not be entitled to any kind of support any more since he would have been receiving it for so long already, lol.

The long term payoff for Jason is a big property/cash settlement, which is apparently the path he is trying to take by challenging the prenup.  It reportedly said no alimony for either party, and set aside certain things as not being marital property.  Haggling about that appears to be what is holding up the divorce.  He must be asking for a lot, because I am sure Beth's attorneys have advised her to just pay him off and save the time/cost of litigating it.  He must not be asking for anything even remotely reasonable, because I think the case would have been settled by now. 

(edited)

They are still married. And under NY law, temporary spousal maintenance is required. A spouse is entitled to the standard of living that was under the marriage. This could change after the divorce is finalized.

http://www.lawny.org/index.php/family-self-help-140/other-family-law-self-help-75/214-spousal-maintenance-in-new-york

Temporary alimony until the divorce is finalized? Sure. After the divorce is finalized, Jason can support himself as far as I'm concerned. I'm sure he'll get a nice chunk of money that Bethenny earned. Edited by shoegal
  • Love 1

According to who on the Beam deal?  We have no idea of what Jason is asking for, just rumors.

I'm not going to back and look for posts but as I remember it, there were people here and other places where people were complaining about the amount of money Jason was getting for spousal and child support. 

It's also just a rumor he is getting child and spousal support.   If discussing rumors regarding those subjects are okay with you, I am not sure why rumors about him wanting Beam money are off limits. 

(edited)

It's also just a rumor he is getting child and spousal support.   If discussing rumors regarding those subjects are okay with you, I am not sure why rumors about him wanting Beam money are off limits. 

The amounts are rumor.  Under NY law, with few exceptions, temporary spousal and child support are required when one spouse makes more than the other.  That's the difference between discussing the Beam money and spousal and child support.  Now, Jason may have refused the support.  I don't know.  But I doubt it.  They are still married and he is entitled to live in the same standard of living.

ETA - my original post regarding this was about if Jason has the right to child support and alimony.  You made the statement that there's a claim he's looking for Beam money.  Apples to oranges here.

Edited by breezy424
  • Love 2

I have not heard anyone complain about Jason getting child support, or alimony either so long as it is reasonable.  It's the belief that after a two-year marriage he is trying to claim a huge hunk of the money from the Beam deal that has most people giving him the side eye, when it appears he had little to do with building the company or brokering the deal.  It has nothing to do with a double standard/gender bias from what I've read here.  

No one, and I do mean no one, knows what Jason is asking for in the divorce outside of Bethenny. Jason, their respective legal teams and the court.

(edited)

Under NY law, with few exceptions, temporary spousal and child support are required when one spouse makes more than the other.  That's the difference between discussing the Beam money and spousal and child support.  

So you are assuming Jason is getting spousal/child support because that is how you expect the law and courts to work?  Okay.  That is not unreasonable.  

But then neither is assuming that Jason is fighting the prenup trying to get Beam money.  Because that is also how the law and courts work. I mean, there has to be some significant legal issue being debated otherwise the case would not be dragging on for years.  And the Beam money is the main asset, along with the apartment.  Those are really the only assets, in fact.  It seems just as valid to assume that is what they are fighting over as it is to assume Jason is collecting support.

I mean, what else could they possibly be fighting over?  I can't think of anything else that would be dragging this case out for years, especially since custody was settled long ago.  

I think one set of assumptions is just as valid as the other in this case. 

ETA - my original post regarding this was about if Jason has the right to child support and alimony.  You made the statement that there's a claim he's looking for Beam money.  Apples to oranges here.

No, it's not .... you said posters here were employing a gender-based double standard when complaining about Jason getting support because they wouldn't complain if he were a woman.  I pointed out that it was not support that had people giving Jason the side eye, it was rather his grab for the Beam money that gave people pause.  It was totally appropriate to point out that fact to you.  It was not apples to oranges at all. 

No one, and I do mean no one, knows what Jason is asking for in the divorce outside of Bethenny. Jason, their respective legal teams and the court.

Oh but you are forgetting one party .....  Jason has actual financial backers investing in his divorce case!  I am sure they know all about everything that is going on, LOL !!!

That has to be the most nuts thing I have ever heard of.  A financial backer for your divorce, ugh.  It would be a hoot if it turned out to be his sweet little old parents who took out a mortgage on their house to fund their son's money grab.  I wouldn't be surprised. It would explain a lot about Jason, i.e.. the apple didn't fall very far from the tree.  And it would show why Old Man Hoppy was willing to trot around in his underpants, lmao.  It was part of their financial strategy, haha

Oh but you are forgetting one party .....  Jason has actual financial backers investing in his divorce case!  I am sure they know all about everything that is going on, LOL !!!

That has to be the most nuts thing I have ever heard of.  A financial backer for your divorce, ugh.  It would be a hoot if it turned out to be his sweet little old parents who took out a mortgage on their house to fund their son's money grab.  I wouldn't be surprised. It would explain a lot about Jason, i.e.. the apple didn't fall very far from the tree.  And it would show why Old Man Hoppy was willing to trot around in his underpants, lmao.  It was part of their financial strategy, haha

Yes,and Bethenny has her PR Team advising her and spinning stories to the press. I still do not trust what Bethenny "testified" about in the custody hearing because she was to eager to settle the issue before Jason's lawyers had a chance to challenge/call her out on these OTT yarns or for him to directly dispute her claims. And so what if it is his parents helping him, at least they love him and want to be there for him, that can not be said for Bethenny.

Yes,and Bethenny has her PR Team advising her and spinning stories to the press. I still do not trust what Bethenny "testified" about in the custody hearing because she was to eager to settle the issue before Jason's lawyers had a chance to challenge/call her out on these OTT yarns or for him to directly dispute her claims. And so what if it is his parents helping him, at least they love him and want to be there for him, that can not be said for Bethenny.

I think it is cruel to shame Bethenny for her relationship with parents.

We are talking about someone who as a child who was exposed to drug abuse, domestic violence, and serious pathological behavior in her home.  She does not deserve to be denigrated for being unable to repair family relationships so deeply damaged, relationships which the adults involved at the time have themselves been unable to mend.   And even though Bethenny herself may be a grown woman now, that does not mean she has some magic elixir to cure what ails her (supposedly "mentally ill") mother or their relationship.  Belittling her for not being able to work a miracle in this case seems very unfair.  

And disparaging her relationship with her mother vis-a-vis Jason's relationship with his parents is especially unjustified, given the level of dependency and enmeshment they have shown.  They hardly have a model relationship.  And if it is true that the elder Hoppys are bankrolling Jason's divorce, that is only further evidence of how entangled his parents are in his life.  That would hardly make them a shining example of having the healthy family relationship which Bethenny is being shamed about lacking. 

• Love 5

I think it is cruel to shame Bethenny for her relationship with parents.

We are talking about someone who as a child who was exposed to drug abuse, domestic violence, and serious pathological behavior in her home.  She does not deserve to be denigrated for being unable to repair family relationships so deeply damaged, relationships which the adults involved at the time have themselves been unable to mend.   And even though Bethenny herself may be a grown woman now, that does not mean she has some magic elixir to cure what ails her (supposedly "mentally ill") mother or their relationship.  Belittling her for not being able to work a miracle in this case seems very unfair.  

And disparaging her relationship with her mother vis-a-vis Jason's relationship with his parents is especially unjustified, given the level of dependency and enmeshment they have shown.  They hardly have a model relationship.  And if it is true that the elder Hoppys are bankrolling Jason's divorce, that is only further evidence of how entangled his parents are in his life.  That would hardly make them a shining example of having the healthy family relationship which Bethenny is being shamed about lacking. 

Yet you have no problem shaming Jason or the Hoppy Sr's for supporting Jason. See, it can be done both ways and IMO, neither side looks good. JMO

• Love 1
(edited)

Ok, so I've just read this thread from the beginning and I read all the episode ones. Anyway, I want to ask you all a question; many have criticised Bethenny for her behaviour this season, with the crying etc and have said it makes it difficult to sympathise. Yeah I'm totally paraphrasing so I hope you will all forgive me!

What I'm wondering is what would make her sympathetic to those who aren't? Other than not being on the show in the first place! :)

I'm not being facetious and don't want to snark on anyone for their responses - I'm truly curious.

I do empathise with her mostly because I can relate although I think it was a mistake coming back. While I think Bethenny can put on a show at times, I believe she really is as emotionally fragile as she appears. Does she manipulate a little? Maybe. But I don't hold that against her.

Overall, I'm a good person I think. But right now I'm stressed and brittle, and I'm not always so nice. I've taken to channelling Jenelle from TM2 and screeching "LEAVE ME ALONNNNEEE." I'm owning my shit and though it makes my skin prickle to admit it, I can be manipulative when I feel backed into a corner and pressured into doing something that is making me uncomfortable/anxious because it's the path of least resistance. I can't, or don't always, want to talk about why I don't want to do X or Y so I lose my temper or cry. Although my manipulation isn't intentional *in that moment* I realise that that is what it is. I'm not always so easy for others to empathise with; I'm stubborn and I these days, I can out-sulk, my young daughters. Catch me in the wrong mood, and I will bite your head off. It's not pretty, it's not nice - hell, *I'm* not nice - but this is me, for the moment. This is anorexia me.

I guess my point is that people don't always respond to stress in a way that is pretty or allows others to easily sympathise with them, but that doesn't mean they're not having a rough time or deserve less empathy than those who don't behave so badly.

I'm lucky, I think - because FaithsDad, my family and friends love me even when I don't deserve it. Perhaps, *especially* when I don't deserve it; when I'm rude and mean and snarky and manipulative and uncooperative, they still continue to love me and empathise.

I think Bethenny cries, like with Heather, partly to shut down the conversation because most people don't want to be a person who makes another cry but partly because it's *easier.* When you're stressed and sad, it's easier than continuing an argument or trying to make your point heard... And you just want to make whatever it is go away and will do whatever's necessary.

Alternatively, I could be giving her too much credit!

I'm not a Bethenny apologist although I do find her entertaining and was pleased when I heard she was coming back. She can be extremely obnoxious and I've side-eyed her often over the years, but yeah, I do feel bad for her at the moment.

Edited by FaithsMum
  • Love 3

Yet you have no problem shaming Jason or the Hoppy Sr's for supporting Jason. See, it can be done both ways and IMO, neither side looks good. JMO

There was no shaming in my post.  I was joking about the Hoppy's funding Jason's divorce. I referred to the possibility as a "hoot" and  LOL'd and "haha's" twice.  It is not the same thing as taking a shot at someone because her mother doesn't seem to love her.  That is just way cold to me. 

Not to break convo but OK Mag has a Bethenny through the years.

I swear shes giving me Lisa Rinna in her baby photos even though Lisa was so adorable with those big chocolate eyes of hers.

https://twitter.com/OKMagazine/status/608410248618098689

Oh, please feel free to break up this conversation, Black Mamba! Feel free!!!! lol

I am totally seeing the Lisa Rina thing in one of those pictures of her as a teen.  And some of the more unfortunate haircuts are really taking me down memory lane.  And not entirely in a good way, lol

• Love 1

Ok, so I've just read this thread from the beginning and I read all the episode ones. Anyway, I want to ask you all a question; many have criticised Bethenny for her behaviour this season, with the crying etc and have said it makes it difficult to sympathise. Yeah I'm totally paraphrasing so I hope you will all forgive me!

What I'm wondering is what would make her sympathetic to those who aren't? Other than not being on the show in the first place! :)

I'm not being facetious and don't want to snark on anyone for their responses - I'm truly curious.

I do empathise with her mostly because I can relate although I think it was a mistake coming back. While I think Bethenny can put on a show at times, I believe she really is as emotionally fragile as she appears. Does she manipulate a little? Maybe. But I don't hold that against her.

Overall, I'm a good person I think. But right now I'm stressed and brittle, and I'm not always so nice. I've taken to channelling Jenelle from TM2 and screeching "LEAVE ME ALONNNNEEE." I'm owning my shit and though it makes my skin prickle to admit it, I can be manipulative when I feel backed into a corner and pressured into doing something that is making me uncomfortable/anxious because it's the path of least resistance. I can't, or don't always, want to talk about why I don't want to do X or Y so I lose my temper or cry. Although my manipulation isn't intentional *in that moment* I realise that that is what it is. I'm not always so easy for others to empathise with; I'm stubborn and I these days, I can out-sulk, my young daughters. Catch me in the wrong mood, and I will bite your head off. It's not pretty, it's not nice - hell, *I'm* not nice - but this is me, for the moment. This is anorexia me.

I guess my point is that people don't always respond to stress in a way that is pretty or allows others to easily sympathise with them, but that doesn't mean they're not having a rough time or deserve less empathy than those who don't behave so badly.

I'm lucky, I think - because FaithsDad, my family and friends love me even when I don't deserve it. Perhaps, *especially* when I don't deserve it; when I'm rude and mean and snarky and manipulative and uncooperative, they still continue to love me and empathise.

I think Bethenny cries, like with Heather, partly to shut down the conversation because most people don't want to be a person who makes another cry but partly because it's *easier.* When you're stressed and sad, it's easier than continuing an argument or trying to make your point heard... And you just want to make whatever it is go away and will do whatever's necessary.

Alternatively, I could be giving her too much credit!

I'm not a Bethenny apologist although I do find her entertaining and was pleased when I heard she was coming back. She can be extremely obnoxious and I've side-eyed her often over the years, but yeah, I do feel bad for her at the moment.

I question why she came back if she really is that fragile, which I do not buy. Why not wait until the divorce is over and Bryn more settled in with all the changes? IMO, it seems that fame is more important to Bethenny than pretty much everything else is, except maybe Bryn and I am not so sure this is correct but I am willing to give her this. JMO

There was no shaming in my post.  I was joking about the Hoppy's funding Jason's divorce. I referred to the possibility as a "hoot" and  LOL'd and "haha's" twice.  It is not the same thing as taking a shot at someone because her mother doesn't seem to love her.  That is just way cold to me. 

Oh, please feel free to break up this conversation, Black Mamba! Feel free!!!! lol

I am totally seeing the Lisa Rina thing in one of those pictures of her as a teen.  And some of the more unfortunate haircuts are really taking me down memory lane.  And not entirely in a good way, lol

It read as if you were shaming Jason and the Hoppy's, not joking around and it was cruel IMO. I think it is cruel to attack his parents, period. They never did anything to hurt Bethenny.

• Love 4

I question why she came back if she really is that fragile, which I do not buy. Why not wait until the divorce is over and Bryn more settled in with all the changes? IMO, it seems that fame is more important to Bethenny than pretty much everything else is, except maybe Bryn and I am not so sure this is correct but I am willing to give her this. JMO

Oh, I agree that fame is one of the most important things in Bethenny's life. Like all of the Housewives on these shows, she's an attention seeker. This I don't understand since I'd wager that almost all of us here have no desire whatsoever for our 15 minutes of fame.

I have wondered if Bethenny is aware of her fragility and this is her redemption. At least in her eyes, you know? That viewers would feel sorry for her and she would gain back some of the fans she lost with the whole divorce drama. I think Bethenny's initial popularity and how many sided with her during the Jill shit went to her head and she assumed that her behaviour this season would have the same effect. I think Bethenny is calculated enough to think this but at the same time, I don't think that doesn't mean she isn't as brittle and prickly as she appears to be. Plus, she isn't all that great an actress!

Of course, this is all supposition since I don't know her but my bet for her coming back is redemption which, of course, she's never going to admit. Personally I think she's done her time on reality telly and should have stayed off it totally, including if Bravo had given her her own show. For Bryn's sake as she's not always going to be five years old and her parents divorce/custody battle has already been played out in the public eye enough. I do wonder what Bryn will grow up to say about *her* parents/childhood.

PS, I'm glad you replied, even if I don't always agree with you, I really enjoy reading your posts! :)

• Love 1
It read as if you were shaming Jason and the Hoppy's, not joking around and it was cruel IMO. I think it is cruel to attack his parents, period. They never did anything to hurt Bethenny.

What was cruel?  The image of Mr. Hoppy lounging on the davenport in his tighty whities?  Yeah, maybe I went too far with that.  Please forgive me.  No one should have to live with that picture in their head.

As far as being entitled to talk about the Hoppys, it has all been covered here before.  They showed up on my TV set and that is all the reason I need to snark to my heart's content about them, just the same way people feel entitled to say whatever they want about Bethenny or anyone else who signs the dotted line on that release form.  They aren't special. 

• Love 9
(edited)

I keep reading Jason's mother notarized the trust document without being able to do so. Why do two posters keep saying this, Is that a NY state law or general law?

I was a notary for years and my colleagues were too and wives would notarize for husbands and sons for fathers ect ect. I never knew it was against the law to notarize for a family member (for the record I never did but witnessed it daily for 4 years). Obviously it's not an issue in my state or something others are aghast by. Most of the documents I'm referring to were pertaining to state and government matters so well reviewed by authorities.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 1

Speaking only for myself, I really anticipated this season because I thought I would enjoy Bethenny.  This is only my third season, but I've watched clips of Scary Island, as well as the reunion in which Beth was pregnant.  I really felt for her when Kelly was going at her and calling her a cook.  As I remember it, Beth became really quiet and was tearing up while she was on her laptop.  She was also very sympathetic at that reunion.  She was pregnant and I believe her father had just died.  It was all the back and forth with Jill, and Jill begging for her forgiveness.

So I really felt for Bethenny in those situations.  She was vulnerable and showed a lot of true emotion.  In those moments, I didn't see any of the shrill, manic, sharp-tongued, attention hog, who will lash out and eviscerate at the slightest sign someone is wronging her.  She was the underdog back then, and that really gets to the root of my current problem with her.  She is so obviously not an underdog anymore, and yet she still has that mindset.  You're one of the 1% Bethenny, and you have the money to make most of your problems go away.  Swallow your pride, stop worrying exclusively about the "win", and pay off your husband.  How do you think rich men get rid of their wives?

I'm mostly staying out of the Beth back and forth, because it's hard enough fending off the Carole lovers when I say anything that's not glowing about her.

• Love 11
(edited)

Oh, I agree that fame is one of the most important things in Bethenny's life. Like all of the Housewives on these shows, she's an attention seeker. This I don't understand since I'd wager that almost all of us here have no desire whatsoever for our 15 minutes of fame.

I have wondered if Bethenny is aware of her fragility and this is her redemption. At least in her eyes, you know? That viewers would feel sorry for her and she would gain back some of the fans she lost with the whole divorce drama. I think Bethenny's initial popularity and how many sided with her during the Jill shit went to her head and she assumed that her behaviour this season would have the same effect. I think Bethenny is calculated enough to think this but at the same time, I don't think that doesn't mean she isn't as brittle and prickly as she appears to be. Plus, she isn't all that great an actress!

Of course, this is all supposition since I don't know her but my bet for her coming back is redemption which, of course, she's never going to admit. Personally I think she's done her time on reality telly and should have stayed off it totally, including if Bravo had given her her own show. For Bryn's sake as she's not always going to be five years old and her parents divorce/custody battle has already been played out in the public eye enough. I do wonder what Bryn will grow up to say about *her* parents/childhood.

PS, I'm glad you replied, even if I don't always agree with you, I really enjoy reading your posts! :)

Oh, I do agree with you that she thought this would be her redemption tour and to a degree it has been so far. She lost a large number of fans during her 2 spin off shows, her failed talk show (she was a horrid talk show host) and the custody/divorce press. She badly needs to win some of those fans back to increase SG sales. Just an example, her mixer/blender was initially sold on QVC, there was a 1 time airing of it, but it did not sell well at all and QVC dropped it, the left over inventory was put on clearance and they are not bring it back from the looks of it, you can not even order it from the manufacture, they no longer list it either. That had to have been shocking to Bethenny because almost anything she took to national market sold well but this did not.

Bethenny is smart, she knows what worked for her last time she was on the show and is running with the same "I am a victim but I will overcome" storyline except she has added in single mom and going through a divorce. IMO, there has been zero growth in her and she is never going to be happy or satisfied with anything or anyone (exception of Bryn for now).

What was cruel?  The image of Mr. Hoppy lounging on the davenport in his tighty whities?  Yeah, maybe I went too far with that.  Please forgive me.  No one should have to live with that picture in their head.

As far as being entitled to talk about the Hoppys, it has all been covered here before.  They showed up on my TV set and that is all the reason I need to snark to my heart's content about them, just the same way people feel entitled to say whatever they want about Bethenny or anyone else who signs the dotted line on that release form.  They aren't special. 

Then, Bethenny's lack of any relationship with her family should be fair game as she uses it all the time on the show. We never saw Hoppy Sr running around in his underwear, only Bethenny has made that claim and at this point, I don't believe her at all. JMO

Edited by WireWrap
  • Love 10

Beyond actual confrontations/arguments, like Heather in the Berkshires and Kristen tonight, I think Bethenny has been mostly polite to the others.  The big, egregious exception is obviously the Pretend To Sleep convo with Heather early on, and I'm not defending that.  But, Bethenny was neutrally welcoming to Kristen when Kristen joined her at the Atlantic City gambling table, and she looked decently interested about Heather's tattoo dream.  But, the THs are not her friend this season, because she doesn't seem interested in maintaining the polite fiction of her face-to-face interactions.  So she'll say straight out that she thinks Heather's tattoo idea is stupid, and that she wasn't happy to be interrupted during her gambling break.  And honestly, that's part of the conceit of the show.  The THs expose all the polite white lies we use to get through each day with minimal (although, we're grading B on a curve here) drama, and then the Reunion lets all the women deal with seeing what everyone's real thoughts are.  Bethenny seems the most happy to do this.

So you are assuming Jason is getting spousal/child support because that is how you expect the law and courts to work?  Okay.  That is not unreasonable.  

But then neither is assuming that Jason is fighting the prenup trying to get Beam money.  Because that is also how the law and courts work. I mean, there has to be some significant legal issue being debated otherwise the case would not be dragging on for years.  And the Beam money is the main asset, along with the apartment.  Those are really the only assets, in fact.  It seems just as valid to assume that is what they are fighting over as it is to assume Jason is collecting support.

I mean, what else could they possibly be fighting over?  I can't think of anything else that would be dragging this case out for years, especially since custody was settled long ago.  

I think one set of assumptions is just as valid as the other in this case. 

No, it's not .... you said posters here were employing a gender-based double standard when complaining about Jason getting support because they wouldn't complain if he were a woman.  I pointed out that it was not support that had people giving Jason the side eye, it was rather his grab for the Beam money that gave people pause.  It was totally appropriate to point out that fact to you.  It was not apples to oranges at all. 

In this case, and I think you know I enjoy debating here ( and I think you do too), it's probably best to agree to disagree on this.

• Love 4

To the poster that's accusing Jason of putting the TriBeCa apt. in a trust behind Bethenny's back, that's not what happened, nor is it what she alleged in her motion. She signed the trust document, after all, so of course she was in the loop. She claimed she didn't understand what she signed, which is dubious at best, but she never said she was duped. From my understanding of the judge's ruling, this didn't even play a part in his decision.

• Love 8

Just imagine: Out of sheer curiosity Bethenny Frankel searches google's gossip about her, ends up on this forum, and reads through all this. What would you tell her?

This is what I would say-  Beauti-med in Pit Meadows. That is what you need. That’s where I got my botox injections in Pit Meadows. I don't mean to be rude- but they're better than the people you're going to on a weekly basis.

• Love 1

During that three-way/lesbian phase/whatever talk at the restaurant with Ramona, Carole and Dorinda, did I actually hear Beth saying she wouldn't live with a man again before getting married?! While at that very moment she was doing precisely that?

• Love 4