Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Meteor

Tara Ariano

Thanks for the promo, Cranberry!

Ugh so it looks like they are playing this straight, that it really is David Clarke and not some imposter? The "David, a man whose behavior Emily does not recognize" bit gives me a little hope that there could be some sort of twist, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Because right now, David looks like a gullible moron and the entire premise of the show seems to have been for nothing. Nice job, writers. Nice job.

Thanks for the promo, Cranberry!

Ugh so it looks like they are playing this straight, that it really is David Clarke and not some imposter? The "David, a man whose behavior Emily does not recognize" bit gives me a little hope that there could be some sort of twist, but I don't want to get my hopes up. Because right now, David looks like a gullible moron and the entire premise of the show seems to have been for nothing. Nice job, writers. Nice job.

Not that I've liked much about this show since season 1; but gullible moron is pretty much in character for every Victoria/David flashback they've ever shown.  I'm still hoping that David is playing Victoria despite that.

• Love 1

David beat himself and purposefully got caught at the convenience store because he's playing Victoria, right? It's the only way I can continue to watch this show.

I was actually starting to feel sorry for David and everyone involved in this show. Good theory. I'll hold out hope that it's true. 

• Love 1

David beat himself and purposefully got caught at the convenience store because he's playing Victoria, right? It's the only way I can continue to watch this show.

I certainly hope that's what is happening. I had a moment of hope when he said he wouldn't be Victoria's prisoner, but then he seemed to still trust her.

I think he's lying about Conrad having kept him prisoner though. Conrad seemed pretty shocked when David showed up in last year's finale. And he still didn't say how he actually escaped...I can't believe the cops/Feds actually let him go so quickly.

Emily and Nolan's expressions in that last scene were the perfect level of WTF.

• Love 2

I'm positive David's lying about Conrad keeping him a prisoner.  Conrad would have had him killed.  Why keep him for 10 years?  Victoria can't possibly believe that either. 

So does it look like David gets hit by a car next week?  I wouldn't be surprised if he dies for real.  The writers are off the hook explaining where he's been for 10 years and Emily gets her revenge mojo back. 

Gah, Emily needs more than her mojo back, she needs a dam wardrobe!!  The clothes she had on basically ALL episode were so unnatractive; it even made Nolan's new do look exceedingly  stylish. 

Daniel, oth, was smoking.  New stalker girl is just...odd.  With a crap accent.

OMG - no I don't think David dies next week but Victoria who smothered Adain and left that gosh awful dumb ass look on his face in death is lecturing Emily about what her Daddy's gonna think of her "revinging?"

The show is on it's very last....legs.  Only Conrad could revive it.  "Arctic Pools!"

• Love 2

Heh I thought it was kind of nice to see Emily dressed like a real person for a change.

My brain hurts from all the stupidity and all the retconning. So Conrad was just THAT good at keeping that secret hidden all these years? Suuure.

The only way for me to truly enjoy this show is if it featured Emily actually kicking ass for a change, some Nolan levity, and the rest of the episode Daniel Grayson modelling suits and casual wear because damn that boy is fine.

I'm really, really sick of Victoria always coming out on top.

• Love 4

Loved Margaux's orange dress.  And please tell me that Louise is out for vengeance on Victoria by using Daniel?

Why don't Nolan or Jack pull David aside and talk to him?  I understand why Emily can't do it publicly, but they can.

But the preview made me think that David may not be totally a moron.

• Love 1

I certainly hope so, & I hope we find out soon because I can't take an entire season of him acting like an idiot.

I'm really, really sick of Victoria always coming out on top.

I was just thinking about this today.Victoria always coming out on top is annoying as hell to me, & I think they're writing the show that way because Madeleine Stowe did such an unexpectedly good job of playing Victoria in season 1 & the fans really liked her. In order to boost her part, they changed her storyline (& the show) for the worse & now no matter what happens to her, she gets out of it, but at this point it's just too much, she has to pay for what she's done sometime.

Speaking of Victoria, how is she just walking around? When someone escapes from a mental institution, I'm pretty sure they just don't go "whoops! another one got away!" & forget about her. Why didn't the hospital notify the police? Why aren't they looking for her to bring her back?

• Love 5

David has to be playing Victoria.  At least, that's what I'm hoping.  I thought it was fairly obvious in the police station, both with his FBI statement and the private conversation with Victoria.  Of course, that doesn't explain why he was willing to do Victoria's bidding last week to "take care" of Emily Thorne.  Who the hell knows?  The only things spectacular about this episode were Margaux's orange & white dress and Emily & Nolan's reactions to everything David.

• Love 1

Conrad definitely did not keep David in prison, and it's obvious because we saw David beating himself. It's his alibi for Conrad's murder, and even Victoria knows that. I just hope that David is playing Victoria since he knows that Emily is Amanda by looking at her. Pretty please?

And shut up, Charlotte.

I'm surprised that Daniel told Margeaux the truth- I was expecting him to hide him seducing bad accent chick and her finding out. I can get behind the two of them.

This show is so nutty that I wouldn't be surprised to find out that Conrad isn't really dead and that David and Conrad are in cahoots.
Nothing else makes sense on this show, so why shouldn't my theory make sense?

Edited by BoxedWine
  • Love 10

Speaking of Victoria, how is she just walking around? When someone escapes from a mental institution, I'm pretty sure they just don't go "whoops! another one got away!" & forget about her. Why didn't the hospital notify the police? Why aren't they looking for her to bring her back?

When Emily had Victoria committed to the mental institution, it was kept a secret. That is why even Daniel and Charlotte didn't know and thought she had ran off on some six-month vacation. When Victoria escaped in the season premiere, Emily called the director of the facility and asked him to make sure there was no trace of evidence that Victoria had been kept there...that way, if Victoria came back and tried to publicly accuse Emily of having her locked up, no one would believe her.

My brain hurts from all the stupidity and all the retconning. So Conrad was just THAT good at keeping that secret hidden all these years? Suuure.

That was just the story David made up to explain to the FBI where he's been the past 10 years. We actually still don't know where David's really been all that time.

Beating himself up, shoplifting right in front of the store owner, then lying about Conrad...David definitely has realized something's up (although to what extent is unclear) and looks to be up to something. At least I hope so.

I'm surprised Victoria hasn't done anything to Nolan and Jack yet. Surely she'd realize, one encounter between David and either of those two (probably moreso Nolan since David last saw Jack when he was only a kid) and the whole truth will come spilling out.

Edited by calipiano81
  • Love 1

I definately think thats whats going on.  He comes back from Emily's and suddenly he beats himself up and gets himself arrested?  He didn't have any old scarring on his back, he was only creating those scars for the police.  He was all about doing whatever Victoria said, and suddenly he comes back from Emily's house and he expressly ignores her orders because the nanosecond she leaves he is beating himself up and getting himself arrested?  He didn't let her in on his plan, because he didn't want her to know, because he is going to play her.  I think he knows that Emily is Amanda, I think he knew that she would know it was him in the lineup, but I think he may have some giant revenge plan for victoria and he doesn't want to involve Emily.  But I hope he reaches out to her, because I want to see that moment.  But I hope he buys and uses a razor first, his facial hair is not cute.  When he told Victoria that he had "analyzed everything" and that he wasn't stupid, my brain perked up.  And then there is the fact that he barely seems to give a shit about Charlotte, but then made a show of putting her out as his new "family" in front of the camera. I hope thats true and he has something in store for her.....and for Charlotte, who gets more annoying by the episode.  I liked Victoria setting her straight, she bugs.

oh, and whats the over under on this new redheaded girl (Lenore?) going all Single White Female on Daniel because she wants Victoria as her mom?  I'm guessing she went all Fatal Attraction on someone, or many someones and thats why she was in the institution.

Edited by RealityGal
  • Love 1

Here's my theory on what might be going on.  David went to Emily's to kill her.  But when he saw her face, he hesitated.  He even looked startled.  Before anything else could happen, Nolan came in and ran him off.  

I think something deep in David recognized Emily for who she really is: his daughter.  He also now understood Victoria's true game, at least as it relates to him.  That is when he came up with this long con, to pull Victoria into his web.  He's not crazy. He's not self-abusive. He's secretly joining Emily in revenge against the Graysons, even though Emily doesn't know it. 

Maybe wishful thinking, but that's my story, and I'm sticking with it... for now!

• Love 14

Here's my theory on what might be going on. David went to Emily's to kill her. But when he saw her face, he hesitated. He even looked startled. Before anything else could happen, Nolan came in and ran him off.

I think something deep in David recognized Emily for who she really is: his daughter. He also now understood Victoria's true game, at least as it relates to him. That is when he came up with this long con, to pull Victoria into his web. He's not crazy. He's not self-abusive. He's secretly joining Emily in revenge against the Graysons, even though Emily doesn't know it.

Maybe wishful thinking, but that's my story, and I'm sticking with it... for now!

I agree with what you've proposed but I'm going to say that David knew Emily was his daughter before he went up there to "kill" her. He just needed that confirmation.

I think something deep in David recognized Emily for who she really is: his daughter.  He also now understood Victoria's true game, at least as it relates to him.  That is when he came up with this long con, to pull Victoria into his web.  He's not crazy. He's not self-abusive. He's secretly joining Emily in revenge against the Graysons, even though Emily doesn't know it. 

god i hope that's true. i am sick of victoria getting the upper hand all the time and her smug face. david clarke cant be that stupid.

• Love 2

Here's my theory on what might be going on.  David went to Emily's to kill her.  But when he saw her face, he hesitated.  He even looked startled.  Before anything else could happen, Nolan came in and ran him off.  

I really - REALLY hope that is what David is doing.  I need him to know/understand that Victoria is not who she claims and I need Nolan to set him straight.   I need David to find out just what has happened - from someone he knows he can trust.  But I cannot tolerate a full season of poor Emily trying to get into her father's good graces while Victoria twists everything.  OMGosh I cannot handle that - that will turn me off so fast.

Seeing Victoria "win" in such a disgusting way infuriates me.  I don't understand the support for her - nor the anger at Emily/Amanda for going after her.  That woman sent David's only daughter - a CHILD - into a mental institution and then manipulated the doctor into literally DESTROYING her.  Everyone who could have helped Amanda, Victoria cruelly and diabolically prevented it from happening.  To protect herself.  Selfish, selfish witch.

For that - Victoria should be flayed alive.  I need to see her DEAD.  This act she's putting on with David and trying to present herself as Conrad's victim is pure BS.  The show established quite well that Victoria went along with everything to save her own skin and then compounded what her husband did by doing what she did to David's own daughter - because Amanda KNEW the truth.

I'm not interested in the show twisting that or retconning that away.  Emily is TOTALLY and completely justified in her revenge.  Charlotte - I hate her - she acts like Emily knew about her all along - but she didn't know about that until way into it.  I'm not interested in them trying to redeem Victoria in any way.  Victoria was behind the hospital making Emily sterile!  Just sick.  

Victoria blaming Emily for paying her back for the evil she perpetuated on her just proves that Victoria is a sociopath.  I don't understand the idea that I've read in places where some people call Emily a sociopath.  No.  Emily is someone who got broken by Victoria and Conrad and thus I am behind anything and everything she does to take them both down.  Even Conrad respected what she did - he KNOWS she deserved it.

This storyline - with David in the middle - with the show seemingly trying to make Victoria somehow equal to Emily - NO.  Victoria destroyed a child.  Emily hasn't done anything nearly as horrible.  Yes, some people have been hurt due to her plans - but she herself NEVER did those things herself and has often shown that she cares about people.  If making someone face their actions is bad - then oh well.

I love Madeline Stowe - but the writers are making a huge mistake if they think trying to make Victoria out to be Emily's victim will fly with most fans.  It's almost as if they are trying to make Emily's revenge trivial by giving Victoria some kind of fake "validation" that HER revenge is real.

Victoria just sent a man to kill his own daughter.  She deserves to die.  And die painfully.  Seeing her play happy families with David makes my stomach turn.  Egads I hate her!

Whew.  That was a rant, lol.

• Love 22

The best part of the episode was when Jack and Ben showed up to investigate the break-in and they showed them standing side-by-side. Ben's a whole foot taller than Jack! They should have cast someone a little shorter to play Jack's partner. Still, I'd pay money to watch them kiss.

Edited by dolphincorn
  • Love 9

I was also under the impression that he recognized Emily as Amanda. I think he does see right through Victoria.

Isn't Jack's partner a patrol officer? Why is he running around like he's the Chief of Police? He's annoying and I still think he looks like Patrick.

I am satisfied with the direction this show has been going and am looking forward to next week.

Best line was Nolan calling Charlotte 'Little Arson Annie'! Lol. At least Nolan's and Margeaux's hair has improved..

And as I always say after each episode...I miss Conrad.

• Love 3

So David Clark flagellates himself with a chain to make it look like Conrad has been beating him, thus backing up his story that Conrad had imprisoned him.  I agree with realitygirl that he was just doing that for the police.  Ok, but as David well knows, Conrad has been dead for six months.  David's wounds are brand new, and there are no old scars.  And the police can't tell the difference between a fresh wound and one that would have scarred over months ago?  Are we supposed to buy that?  

I assume David Clark got himself arrested so that he could then reveal his existence to everyone in the Hamptons.  The only reason I can think of for him to do it that way would be to ensure that Emily would look shocked in front of Victoria, thereby making Victoria believe that he's not interested in reconnecting with Emily.  So I believe that bit of theater shows that he really is trying to manipulate Victoria.  

Besides, he said something to her about sitting in prison and realizing that Victoria had set him up -- at least, that's what I interpreted him to be saying.  Wish I can remember what it was.  Anyway, I didn't get how they both walked off together after that.  It sounded to me like he'd drawn a line in the sand, but I must be wrong.  Having said that, I can't see what his game plan could be.  Hope kikaha is right.

I'm still suspicious of the new cop.  I keep doubting that Patrick was really Victoria's long-lost son, so every time someone of the right age comes along, I wonder if that's the real spawn.

And what the hell ever happened to that baby Jack is supposedly raising?

Edited by FineWashables
  • Love 5

Yeah this show is getting pretty dire. One glimmer of hope is the theory above, that David is actually playing Victoria.

I thought Jack (or Nick Wechsler) did a good job at the lineup recognition moment, that worked.

The thing for me though is, season 1 I would wait gleefully for Emily to pull out that red Sharpie. But in the intervening seasons she's been revealed to be such a humorless shrew that it's hard for me to root for her to "win." Exceeeppppt.... Victoria is so pathological you definitely can't root for her either. What is her problem, she can't breath without lying, and she never learns. She'd rather try to seem like a big dog to Daniel than tell him about Margeaux's loan - such dumbass lie to tell, so easy to uncover. Why bother? You've just chipped away whatever goodwill you had with him by this incessant pathological lying. Madeline sells it, that's for sure, she has a way with a declarative statement that makes you think she's right -- but she's not! And not for nothing, she's trying to manipulate David into murdering his own daughter!

Both Charlotte and Daniel can DIAF. We lost Conrad for those clowns?

• Love 2

And the police can't tell the difference between a fresh wound and one that would have scarred over months ago? Are we supposed to buy that?

This is the same police force that hired Jack, a man with no criminal justice back ground or no previously expressed desire to be in law enforcement, to be a Hot Cop... So yeah, of course they can't tell the difference between old wounds and new wounds.

• Love 10

Soooo Daniel is a boy toy now?   Bah I don't even care or understand why new chick (can't remember her name) is interested in the Grayson family now.  Because Victoria left her at the mental hospital?

My hope/gut feeling is that since Conrad's name is still being mentioned so much he will be back.  Classic soap opera setup, the only reason characters start talking about someone who is supposedly deceased is to bring them back into the story.  This show did that with Lily last season.  *sigh* I miss the days of Tyler.

Phoenics - I 100% agree with your rant! I am so tired of Victoria and her smug smile. I thought in the interrogation room, David was calling her out on her culpability in his imprisonment, but then he calls her and Charlotte Family in his press conference? WTH?

The best (only) good part in this episode was Jack, Nolan and Emily's reaction's when they found out about David. Everyone else in this show can just die a horrible death and I would not care. I miss Conrad. He was evil, but I didn't loathe him the way I do Victoria and Charlotte.

• Love 5

David said he had just escaped from Conrad's thugs, so even though Conrad may have been dead for six months, his story was that Conrad's minions had still been torturing him.

Yeah, but if he has been beaten since he left prison, or since Conrad got him years ago, I would at least expect a mixture of old and new bruises.  Not just some fresh ones.

• Love 4

I'm curious how Daniel will react to David being alive next week. Daniel is being played so one-note evil, it's easy to forget he once adored Emily. I think it would be nice to see a hint of the person who once loved her - that person would wonder how Emily is taking the news, I think. Having an awful character show a bit of humanity is never a bad thing; it's easy to have him pull back and remember he "hates" her.

I just assumed Jack's partner's oddness was bad acting until I read the theory above that he could be Victoria's real son. That sounds possible. The actor looks at everyone so intently, and says things in this strange way ("Emily is upset.....on behalf of Amanda") that I always thought something was off about him. He's creepy.

Did anyone think that tiny exchange between the officers about David was weird: "That's called profiling." "Who died and made you liberal?" I never love when writers throw in unnecessary lines that take me out of a scene, but I especially hate them when they may be referencing something in real life like profiling, which isn't a joke. It's one thing if this was a show about police officers and their various feelings about profiling, etc. as they bring in perps, but this was just a weird throwaway line between bit players. Seemed odd.

• Love 3

I'm hoping as hard as I can that Louise, whose unseen mother believes that she's crazy enough to lock up indefinitely, is indeed psychotic.  Victoria left her behind in the mental hospital after promising to help her, and I can't imagine that Louise has forgiven and forgotten that.  If there is anybody still awake in the writers' room, I do hope that we discover that Louise is out for -- gasp! -- revenge against Victoria, and intends to get it by ruining Daniel.  

And I still wonder if Louise's mother will play a role in all this somehow.  Maybe there's another of the many loves of Victoria's life whose marriage was ruined by Victoria.  Or maybe someone in this show has a memory that stretches back further than two weeks ago, and the mother needs revenge because someone she loved was blown up by the Graysons on the plane, or in Conrad's office building.  

Meanwhile, I think that Margaux is also conning Daniel and hopes to bring him down as well, maybe because she believes that they Graysons had some part in Daddy's death.  

• Love 1

Totally get what you mean, Sonoma. I was finishing my post just as you posted yours, so I didn't see your comment about Daniel trying to be a better person this season. I was never a big Daniel fan, and I lost all interest in him when he shot Emily. While I understood his anger, I thought his hatred was a bit extreme for someone who loved her so much. I don't recall a moment when he didn't hate her after he found out about her scheme. I didn't want him to forgive her, but I did want to see him struggle with his feelings for her, even for just one episode. I hope we see this now.

I'm hoping as hard as I can that Louise, whose unseen mother believes that she's crazy enough to lock up indefinitely, is indeed psychotic.  Victoria left her behind in the mental hospital after promising to help her, and I can't imagine that Louise has forgiven and forgotten that.  If there is anybody still awake in the writers' room, I do hope that we discover that Louise is out for -- gasp! -- revenge against Victoria, and intends to get it by ruining Daniel.  

And I still wonder if Louise's mother will play a role in all this somehow.  Maybe there's another of the many loves of Victoria's life whose marriage was ruined by Victoria.  Or maybe someone in this show has a memory that stretches back further than two weeks ago, and the mother needs revenge because someone she loved was blown up by the Graysons on the plane, or in Conrad's office building.  

Meanwhile, I think that Margaux is also conning Daniel and hopes to bring him down as well, maybe because she believes that they Graysons had some part in Daddy's death.  

I think we're gonna find out something has definitely gone sour in Louise's secret sauce.  Victoria assumed that a beautiful, rich woman, who looked like she was upper crust wouldn't possibly have any real mental issues, and I think that assumption is going to bite her on the butt.  Either Louise is obsessed with getting Victoria to be her mother, and so is going to either work to get with Daniel so she can get closer to Victoria.  Or she is going to try to kill Daniel and Charlotte so she can "take over" as Victoria's only child.  If she isn't obsessed with Victoria being her mother, than maybe she is out for revenge, and will try to take her down, but I don't know there seems to be some obsession with Victoria bordering on love.

• Love 1
Plus, Emily did swoop in and purposely destroyed his life through no fault of his own. I get he's no angel, but Emily's father was screwed over by Conrad and Victoria. Daniel and Charlotte had nothing to do with that and I find it unfair that they were (initially) collateral damage in Emily's plot and she didn't even blink about it.

She was their parents' collateral damage through no fault of hers. They certainly didn't blink about it. IIRC she gave him a chance when he found out about Conrad's true evil.  He chose to do nothing about it and sided with Conrad. His allegiance was made clear. He also injured that woman by drinking and driving and it was quietly "taken care of." It isn't like he was a saint before Emily came along and she ruined him. 

• Love 1

Does anyone else ever get the feeling that they are making up story lines as they go along?  Rather than one master plan, it sometimes seems like they just throw ideas out and run with it.  How about Conrad is Jack's father but also Nolan's lover and Nolan is really Victoria's step brother and thus, hates Conrad but is helping Jack and Emily/Amanda to discover that David Clark is Charlotte's uncle and biological father at the same time?  I could go on....

Edited by bmadre
  • Love 1

RealityGal, add to that the possibility that Louise might be setting up Daniel to kill her mother.  And bmadre, you're right -- the writers probably haven't even thought about how any of these story lines will play out.  We've had an awful lot of story lines disappear once they reached a dead end.  The Initiative, anyone?  Daniel's first love?  Padma?  Nolan's first partner?  Jack's mother?  Emily's mother?  The woman whom Emily invited to her party?  There must be a dozen more by now.

Edited by FineWashables
  • Love 1

Phoenics - I 100% agree with your rant! I am so tired of Victoria and her smug smile. I thought in the interrogation room, David was calling her out on her culpability in his imprisonment, but then he calls her and Charlotte Family in his press conference? WTH?

The best (only) good part in this episode was Jack, Nolan and Emily's reaction's when they found out about David. Everyone else in this show can just die a horrible death and I would not care. I miss Conrad. He was evil, but I didn't loathe him the way I do Victoria and Charlotte.

Thank you! I think the reason why we loved Conrad was because he was bad, but he ADMITTED to it and didn't try to pass the blame buck back onto David. He may have tried to do everything in his power to escape being caught - but it wasn't like he ever tried to play the victim like Victoria does with anyone and everyone. She's NEVER at fault - it's NEVER her fault - she's ALWAYS the victim. Charlotte is much the same - she can just die for all I care - I honestly cannot stand her and seeing Emily have to grovel to her makes me spit nails.

If this show doesn't end with Emily, David, Jack and Nolan (love him) walking off into the sunset together, fully happy and fully revengified, I'm gonna be so upset.

Charlotte can only come with if she grows up. But hopefully she dies. I know that's mean - but her only importance is that she's David's daughter and Emily's half sister. Without that, I'd happily see her die - she's so useless as a character.

Also with Daniel - what is his purpose on the show now? It doesn't feel like he's connected at all to Emily or anything we really care about... what gives?

• Love 3

Yes I understand that Daniel shot her in a drunken stupor. But it's a soap, and I sort of expect these characters to shoot, kidnap, and blackmail each other. Plus, Emily did swoop in and purposely destroyed his life through no fault of his own. I get he's no angel, but Emily's father was screwed over by Conrad and Victoria. Daniel and Charlotte had nothing to do with that and I find it unfair that they were (initially) collateral damage in Emily's plot and she didn't even blink about it.

Welllllll except that Daniel found out that his family set David Clarke up and then became complicit and a full partner in the ensuing coverup. That's why Emily continued with her plan in the first or second season. She thought Daniel might do the right thing, but he chose siding with his family and covering up with them...

So - David isn't innocent in this. At all. He even dragged Margeaux into it.

Now - Emily did use Daniel and Charlotte to get "into" the family to enact her revenge, but honestly I don't feel all that bad about them at all. After Daniel did what he did, he deserved what he got. And Charlotte was already a hot mess anyway and I just don't care what happens to her, lol. Sorry... *shrugs*

• Love 1

It seems like they're writing Daniel with more dimension this season. (So far!) He's not the "villain" and has shown his more caring side with his scenes with Charlotte and Margeaux. He also refused any financial support from his gal pal and his mother (via his gal pal), which I found to be a further test as to where they're going with his character. I would love it if he and Emily could reach a mutual understanding as to what happened and move on respectfully.

Yeah, I have begrudgingly been liking Daniel this season as well. He's being written very Conrad-esque: unapologetic and flawed, but amusingly so. Granted, Daniel couldn't fill Conrad's shoes with an extra pair of feet but it makes Conrad's absence sting just a little bit less.

• Love 1

I think David has always known that Victoria was up to no good.  After all, it was his magic box of information that helped set Emily on her revenge plan, wasn't it?  Plus, no matter where he's been hiding, unless it was actually in a dungeon, he must have heard some of the stuff that's been all over the news.  And surely he would have seen Emily on the news at some point?  Or no?  I really shouldn't overthink this show.

If this show doesn't end with Emily, David, Jack and Nolan (love him) walking off into the sunset together, fully happy and fully revengified, I'm gonna be so upset.

I couldn't care less about Jack one way or the other, but otherwise I agree!

I just assumed Jack's partner's oddness was bad acting until I read the theory above that he could be Victoria's real son.

Yeah, something is up with him for sure.  Way too interested in Emily, for no apparent reason at all.​

• Love 2

It would seem that Emily comes by her craziness naturally--David beating himself like that is just not really something a sane person would do!

I would like to see Ems and Nolan walk off into the sunset with each other.  Leave all the crazies behind.

• Love 2

Just watched the episode. Can't decide if David is mentally unhinged, super conniving, or somewhere in between. Emily Van Camp's acting during the lineup scene was some of her best in a long time.

I keep expecting Jack's partner to turn out to be evil but so far he seems decent. 

Just watched the episode. Can't decide if David is mentally unhinged, super conniving, or somewhere in between. Emily Van Camp's acting during the lineup scene was some of her best in a long time.

I keep expecting Jack's partner to turn out to be evil but so far he seems decent. 

I think something is up with him.  He is just way too involved and seems intent on inserting himself in everything having to do with her.  I mean, I get he is Jack's partner and all, but he seems to care way to much and be insistent on knowing everything about Jack's life.  If Conrad is somehow magically alive, he may be working for/with Conrad.  Or maybe he is working with David.  Or maybe with someone Emily sought vengeance on in the past, but I feel like he is up to something.

I'm hoping David is super conniving.  I wish he would super connive himself to a razor and cut off that facial hair.  But, he doesn't seem like that same nice, innocent, sweet guy that went to jail all those years ago.  I think this last episode seems to suggest he is up to something, and I'm so happy.

• Love 5

Yes I understand that Daniel shot her in a drunken stupor. But it's a soap, and I sort of expect these characters to shoot, kidnap, and blackmail each other. Plus, Emily did swoop in and purposely destroyed his life through no fault of his own. I get he's no angel, but Emily's father was screwed over by Conrad and Victoria. Daniel and Charlotte had nothing to do with that and I find it unfair that they were (initially) collateral damage in Emily's plot and she didn't even blink about it.

What has Emily even really done to Daniel and Charlotte though?

She lied to them about who she was but that was by and large for her own safety. She took away their fortune temporarily but she gave it right back- and arguably it was this action which prompted them to get good jobs at Voulez and the Stowaway. She planned to expose their parents for all their crimes but that's justice and hardly something which is directly against them. She faked the pregnancy but Daniel could have easily just divorced her. The most emotionally damaging thing Emily has done to them was her plan to fake her own death but that didn't even come to fruition, nor did Daniel or Charlotte ever find out about it.

I just feel like Emily's actual actions get wildly overblown to give her a more grey position in the narrative, when in reality she's been a pretty stand-up antihero thus far. Charlotte has lost a lot of people so I'll begrudgingly give her a pass (despite her immense privilege) but Daniel has by no means had a hard life. All of his decisions have hinged on his own greed and entitlement and Emily has had very little to do with that.

That said I'm liking Daniel quite a lot this season as well, far more than Jack. I rather like the idea of Daniel being a bad guy who still has sexual chemistry with Emily, like Sark from Alias, Hook from OUAT, Spike from Buffy etc. Now that he's embraced being a villain and grown out his facial hair there's a lot to love.

Edited by GuyAwks
  • Love 2

But, he doesn't seem like that same nice, innocent, sweet guy that went to jail all those years ago.

He seemed like a gullible moron back then. I never liked him even in flashback - what kind of father takes up with a woman who hates his child? Victoria barely seemed to tolerate Emanda in the flashbacks, and David just ignored it because he was banging Victoria.

If he's playing the long con - which he appears to be - then I might respect him a bit more. But I don't want him to be the one getting revenge on Victoria...that's Emily's job, dammit. She's been doing a piss-poor job of it for four years but still, it would sting to have her dad do it for her.

• Love 2
Did anyone think that tiny exchange between the officers about David was weird: "That's called profiling." "Who died and made you liberal?" I never love when writers throw in unnecessary lines that take me out of a scene, but I especially hate them when they may be referencing something in real life like profiling, which isn't a joke. It's one thing if this was a show about police officers and their various feelings about profiling, etc. as they bring in perps, but this was just a weird throwaway line between bit players. Seemed odd.

It did seem odd, especially for this show!  Any reference to real life has mainly been thru Nolan and his pop culture references but to throw something political in there was just so off.  Especially for the IDIOTS at Suffolk Co. police dept.   They can't spell racial profiling much less identify it!

• Love 1