Type keyword(s) to search

Season 13: Who will win?

yeswedo
  • Start Topic

POLL CLOSED

37 members have voted

1. 1. Which designer will win season 13?

• Amanda
    • Char
    • Kini
    • Sean
  2. 2. Which designer do you want to win season 13?

• Amanda
    • Char
    • Kini
    • Sean

Who cares? was my first thought.

Giving it a bit of thought I guess I want... Nope. I think this is the first time I truly don't care who wins.

But I think that Sean will win.

Edited by joelene
  • Love 4

I have to agree...I don't really care much one way or the other.  Even though I don't think he is necessarily the most creative of the group, I prefer Kini to the rest. I rather wish he would branch off from ruffles and denim, but he has the best overall skills of the group. 

I want Kini to win just because he's been so nice and cheerful. And he can sew like nobody's business. Also because of the four remaining designers, he's come up with more things I'd want to wear (which doesn't necessarily make them good fashion -- but it does mean he might be able to sell ready-to-wear stuff).

• Love 1

I'd like to see Kini win. I wouldn't be surprised to see Amanda win it, although I'd disagree with that decision. I'm pretty much fine with any of them, or as others have said, maybe I just don't care that much anymore.

Based on the way the season has played out, I think it's a toss up between Amanda and Sean.  I don't think the judges have been nearly as enamoured with Kini's designs.  Overall it's been a disappointing season and I don't feel strongly enough about any of the remaining contestants designs to pick a personal favorite.  Part of me thinks that a Char win would be best only because that would be symbolic of the whole season.  

I might be in the minority, but I don't really care about how nice or not the winner (or any contestant) is.  They're looking to be in the business of  selling looks, not personalities.  As long as they produce clothes that people llike  they'll sell.   It's not like the designers are going to jump on the backs of the clients  and be worn along with the fashions.

Edited by ichbin
  • Love 3

I think Sean's going to get it,

since he basically made riffs on the dress that got Heidi a ton of press from the red carpet of a show nobody cares about unless their relatives are nominated

. Of the top four, I think Kini should get it. Of all the shows, I'd give it to fade, who actually produced the (colorful, playful, smart) designs the judges pretended to see when they looked at Sandhya's work, only well sewn and wearable and in attractive colors.

Edited by yeswedo
added spoiler tags

I think Sean's going to get it,

since he basically made riffs on the dress that got Heidi a ton of press from the red carpet of a show nobody cares about unless their relatives are nominated

. Of the top four, I think Kini should get it. Of all the shows, I'd give it to fade, who actually produced the (colorful, playful, smart) designs the judges pretended to see when they looked at Sandhya's work, only well sewn and wearable and in attractive colors.

I wish Fade hadn't melted down because he might have made it to the Finals.

I think it'll be Kini. I hope it's Kini because the rest are Meh to me.

Edited by yeswedo
added spoiler tags
  • Love 1

I think it will be Sean or Kini which I'm ok with .  I like Amanda but I don't think she is going to win this time.  I can't wait to see who it will be.

I think for Amanda and Char, the win is just getting to the final 4 and showing at Fashion Week.

I don't like Amanda and I think she will win. She's been acting like the whole thing is a done deal since the first episode.

I would prefer a Kini win but mostly I really don't care. I haven't seen a single garment this season that made me wish I could wear it successfully. Or at all :)

Sigh.

I agree, Oldernowiser.  I suspected the fix was in the moment Amanda reappeared on my screen this season...and I was forced listen to her superior know-it-all comments  This season did decrease my dislike for her for some reason.  There are so many talented designers, seamstresses, and television production people in the U.S....not to mention other countries.  I don't know why TV executives think we should put up with their petty games.  Oh, for the days of Austin Scarlett, Santino, Mondo, Christian...truly talented designers (regardless of personality).

I really hope it is Kini.  I love him and his clothes, plus I just know he is going to show up with three collections worth of clothes.

I think it's probably going to be Sean.  While I like his work, I think that the judges tongue bathe him a little too much so they are probably going to wet themselves over whatever fringe-laden things he shows.  Or they could hold up Amanda for the win so he redemption arc will be completed, thus justifying bringing people back from past seasons.  

I can't imagine anyone other than Kini winning.  He is supremely talented, his work is effortless, and he is as skilled as any contestant we've ever seen on PR.  Skill alone does not a designer make, but his garments are also beautiful, and the fit almost always insanely good.  The fact he is genuinely nice, and drama-free, is icing on the cake  How rare is that, in particular when considering how much better he is than most of the competition.  I wonder if his demeanor (in part) results from confidence in his abilities, just as the behavior of some (more volatile) contestants is borne out of insecurity.  I think Kini knows he isn't ever going to put out a disastrous garment.  If his first effort doesn't work, he'll make another.  Or make two are once and pick the best.  Or make a third if that's what's required, and still get it done with time to spare.  He is that good.  And the results thus far clearly show that.  He has only been in the bottom once in twelve episodes, and never in the bottom two. He has been in the top group for 8 of the past 9 weeks, with 3 victories.  And let's be honest, he could have just as easily (and probably should have) won numerous other challenges. How many comments were made about him finally getting that first win, as if recognizing that it was long overdue.  I can't say for certain, but my guess is we haven't ever had a designer reach this stage of the competition with as strong a record in the weekly challenges as Kini.  Admittedly I would be pretty devastated if Kini isn't the winner, but I just can't see that happening.  I think he deserves to win, and will win.

I haven't seen the episode (I thought about it...then I thought, "do I really care about this at all?" and a voice said "enough to read a recap or something, but not sit through another Virtual Date With Josh Duhamel commercial")  From the chatter I think it sounds like Kini.  His challenge....his triumph.  Just like Mondo's bullshit whining before he won All Stars as had obviously been decreed before the show began.  I still think there is no chance for Char or Amanda.  But if it was more like "here's why Kini lost even though he was good before" then it could be Sean.

I really love Kini and hope he's a win. Just so full of joy, I love that.

Oh and I'm on a DROID so I check marked someone's comment, which I hope means I liked it not I'm reporting it. :)

I got a notification that you liked a post. I don't know if you meant to or not or if you reported one also, but there you go. Just thought you'd like to know.

Even though this season has been filled with Dreckitude (™ Andre Leon Talley), I'm ridiculously excited about tonight.  I even bought a new box of wine for the occasion and I have a new bag of chips (FRESH, Nina!  Ya hear that?) to munch on.  

Agree with several posters above in that I just do not care. In previous years, the day leading up to the finale was full of anticipation and I felt a bit bereft after the last episode of a season. (Yes. Pathetic.) This season I am looking forward to the finale being OVER so that I can say that I have watched every season, and that is about it. This is sad for me, because my (then both college-aged) daughters introduced me to PR midway through Season 2 and for many years we have enjoyed watching together (when we can) and discussing (when we can't watch together). So my present ennui created by what this once-cool show has become is also wrapped up with nostalgia for the days when my kids were less busy and we could hang out more. I am complex.

• Love 1