Type keyword(s) to search

Scorpion in the Media

Artsda

It's doing really well in 2nd week.

MONDAY VIEWERS STILL LOVING 'SCORPION,
http://www.hitfix.com/the-fien-print/tv-ratings-monday-viewers-still-loving-scorpion-ncis-la-flops-and-gotham-blacklist-dip

9 p.m. - "The Voice" took over first for NBC with 13.47 million viewers and a 4.2 rating among adults 18-49 in the 9 p.m. hour. CBS' "Scorpion" was second with 13.23 million viewers and a 3.0 key demo rating. ABC's football-inflated "Dancing with the Stars" averaged 13.04 million viewers and a 2.1 key demo rating in third, ahead of the 5.1 million viewers and 1.7 key demo rating for FOX's "Sleepy Hollow." On The CW, the IHeart Radio thingie dipped to 867,000 viewers and a 0.3 key demo rating.

This artice is from September 22. I thought the bolded part was interesting:

...Monday’s episode finds the brainy crew rushing against the clock to put the LAX computer system back on line before airplanes start falling from the sky. Based on that seemingly far-fetched plot, one might suspect that these true stories are brought to life with a good deal of dramatic licence. But Wong says viewers may be surprised at how much of the stories spring from real events.

“I talked to Walter about that and he said he changes the names and some of the events and cities so people won’t recognize it,” said Wong. “But he said what people will think is fake is actually real. He said it’s about 70 per cent fact and 30 per cent fiction...."

I found the article because I was still curious about the Asian actress's accent, but, according to the article, she's never lived in any northeastern U.S. cities.
“I talked to Walter about that and he said he changes the names and some of the events and cities so people won’t recognize it,” said Wong. “But he said what people will think is fake is actually real. He said it’s about 70 per cent fact and 30 per cent fiction...."

*snort* It looks like Walter is a fraud of the highest order, so I won't take his word for it. 

What evidence of fraud do you have?

Techdirt has done a couple of good rundowns on him: here and here.

He also did a reddit AMA where he completely dodged/ignored any hardball questions. Which, sure, isn't evidence per se, but if you're such a freakin' genius, man... 

Honestly, just taking a cursory glance at some of his claims made me raise my eyebrows right away. Fourth highest IQ ever recorded? LOL, okay.

• Love 1

Techdirt has done a couple of good rundowns on him: here and here.

He also did a reddit AMA where he completely dodged/ignored any hardball questions. Which, sure, isn't evidence per se, but if you're such a freakin' genius, man... 

Honestly, just taking a cursory glance at some of his claims made me raise my eyebrows right away. Fourth highest IQ ever recorded? LOL, okay.

Ah, I see.  Thank you for the links galax-arena... they were very interesting.

For the record, because I don't want to give the wrong impression, I don't think the lack of truth necessarily makes the show any less entertaining - I'm not really feeling it, but it has nothing to do with whether the show's based on fact or not - I just feel like CBS is trying to use the purported true story to bolster its appeal, which is what I'm rolling my eyes at. Of course, that's par for the course with Hollywood, lol.

Honestly, I think I find Walter O'Brien's mythologizing more entertaining than the show itself. Heh. 

• Love 1

CBS Picks Up Full Seasons of Scorpion

It’s a clean sweep for the Eye!

CBS has handed full-season orders (AKA 22 episodes) to all four of its new fall dramas — Scorpion, NCIS: New Orleans, Stalker and Madam Secretary, TVLine has confirmed.

“These four shows have had an immediate impact on our schedule by improving nights, winning time periods and adding more hours of success across our primetime lineup,” said CBS’ Entertainment Chairman, Nina Tassler, in a statement. 

Per CBS, NCIS: NO stands as this fall’s No. 1 new series, averaging 18 million viewers and a 2.8 rating in the 18-49 demo. Scorpion is the No. 2 new series (15 million; 3.6), while Madam Secretary ranks as Sunday’s top scripted drama among total viewers (13.5 million). Lastly, Stalker regularly wins its Wednesday-at-10 time period among viewers (9.5 million) and 18-49ers (2.1).

• Love 3

Remember! Tomorrow, Friday, December 19, CBS is having their annual adoption special, A Home For the Holidays. Elyes Gabel and Katherine McPhee will be guesting and Ms. McPhee will sing.   Earth, Wind and Fire will also sing, if there are EWF fans here.

Scorpion Schedule change from CBS.com:

Scorpion will air a new episode immediately following one of television’s biggest events, the NFL’s AFC Championship game, on Sunday, Jan. 18 (10:00-11:00 PM, ET/PT) and another new episode will air the next night as well! Two new episodes in two days!

In “Forget Me Nots,” on Sunday, Jan. 18, Team Scorpion must jog the memory of an injured former Secret Service agent who is their only hope of preventing weapons of mass destruction being launched from a secret U.S. nuclear silo. David James Elliott (“JAG”) guest stars as the ex-Secret Service agent.

The following day, on Monday, Jan. 19, CBS will broadcast another original episode of SCORPION in its regular time period (9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT). In this episode, “Charades,” the team is tasked with uncovering a mole inside the CIA who is coerced into stealing deadly chemicals.

Edited by paigow
  • Love 1

Scorpion Episode to Clue Fans in With a Real Phone Number to Call

I'm dating myself, but this instantly made me think of another pop culture real life phone number: 867-5309 from the Loverboy song.

Ratings from last night's episode.

Based on updated numbers, CBS’ special, delayed, aprés-football episode of Scorpion did 12.3 mil/3.2, up 33 percent in the demo from its most recent Monday outing to tie its series high.

Ratings: Galavant Fumbles vs. AFC Championship, Scorpion Ties High

• Love 2

Sorry I'm late with this, but yesterday, October 26th, The Talk (on CBS) had a couple of segments with "The Men of Scorpion" and it was fun!

They showed Elyes' time on James Corden's show with Sharon Osbourne, showed fun pictures of Eddie Kaye, barely talked to Robert, and Ari wore some headband for some reason.  Still, it was neat and I hope we get a "The Women of Scorpion" soon.

(edited)

I saw a couple of reports that Scorpion had been cancelled, but now those stories seem to have disappeared. Hmmmm.

Edited by Pamela
11 minutes ago, Pamela said:

Cancelled. Not entirely unexpected, but it's still disappointing. Especially given how the season ended.

EW and TVLine have now pulled their articles about the show’s cancellation. Guess they jumped the gun? Still doesn’t bode well. 

Oh well, it was mostly fun while it lasted.

In my brain, Tim comes back and joins Team Centipede and he and Paige end up together.  Cabe retires with his lady friend and they consult once in a while.  Walter and Florence close Scorpion and run some kind of think thank.

Centipede continues solving problems; Happy and Toby adopt; Sly finds someone new (I never saw anything between him and Florence, except for Florence being a single, female genius).  Ralph hangs out with Walter occasionally; Paige and Walter are way over each other.

The End.

• Love 3

I'm sorry to see it go as I watch so few network shows. Most evenings I read instead of watching TV. This leaves me with two nights of TV which is probably for the best.

12 hours ago, raven said:

Oh well, it was mostly fun while it lasted.

In my brain, Tim comes back and joins Team Centipede and he and Paige end up together.  Cabe retires with his lady friend and they consult once in a while.  Walter and Florence close Scorpion and run some kind of think thank.

Centipede continues solving problems; Happy and Toby adopt; Sly finds someone new (I never saw anything between him and Florence, except for Florence being a single, female genius).  Ralph hangs out with Walter occasionally; Paige and Walter are way over each other.

The End.

naaah, the posts made in here are how it resolves - 

And of course, Walter & Paige end up breaking up amicably, with the team mentoring Ralph.

Then when he heads to college they make a spinoff featuring Ralph and other geniuses at MIT

• Love 1

Then when he heads to college they make a spinoff featuring Ralph and other geniuses at MIT

I could see that as a Big Bang Theory crossover with a more-grown up Haley.  Teams of misfit geniuses often have possibilities.

Good luck, cast and crew.  I look forward to your next work; hopefully soon.

I am not 100% certain about this, but it is possible that one of the reasons Scorpion was canceled is that it did not have any sort of syndication deal, at least as far as I know it didn't.

So either no one made an offer to buy any of the show's episodes or CBS rejected whatever offer might have been made because they felt it wasn't a good deal. 

On 5/13/2018 at 2:55 AM, bros402 said:

And of course, Walter & Paige end up breaking up amicably, with the team mentoring Ralph.

Yes! I would totally watch this show. It would be like Real Genuis meets Head of the Class. Super smart people having wacky adventures, dealing with college life, and building crazy inventions/designing apps. 

11 hours ago, Sarah 103 said:

Yes! I would totally watch this show. It would be like Real Genuis meets Head of the Class. Super smart people having wacky adventures, dealing with college life, and building crazy inventions/designing apps. 

Perhaps they are trying to make the next hit app/invention, and maybe they work on it for 6-8 episodes, then it is like "Day 1: xxxx downloads" - or if they use kickstarter for an invention "xxxx backers"

Sort of like how 2 Broke Girls showed a tally.