Type keyword(s) to search

Scheduling & Ratings for The Flash

Just Here
  • Start Topic

Network and timeslot (USA):  The CW; Tuesdays @ 8:00 p.m. Eastern/Pacific.

The series premieres on Tuesday, October 7th.

Regarding the premiere episode, the CW now has it scheduled to run three minutes over.

So, those who will manually recording the episode, or will be watching another show on a different network immediately following this episode, should plan according.  From a CW press released on Friday (via TheFutonCritic.com):

REVISED CW PRIMETIME LISTINGS FOR TUESDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2014 (ALL TIMES ET)

PLEASE NOTE:

· The series premiere of THE FLASH, "City of Heroes," will air on Tuesday, October 7 (8:00-9:02:54 pm)

And, yes, they're even specifying the seconds (:54).

• Love 1

Ratings are coming out. I can't do a link but...

City of Heroes - 10/7/14

3.4 in the overnight household viewing, 1.8 in 18-49 year olds and a whopping 4.5 million viewers.

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1

Ratings are coming out. I can't do a link but...

City of Heroes - 10/7/14

3.4 in the overnight household viewing, 1.8 in 18-49 year olds and a whopping 4.5 million viewers.

THat is actually amazing. Happy for CW. 

• Love 1

The Flash gets off to a super start in the ratings: http://ow.ly/CrHWx

The Flash debuted to strong numbers on Tuesday night and became The CW’s most-watched and highest-rated series premiere since The Vampire Diaries launched in 2009.

The super series, starring Grant Gustin as the scarlet speedster, drew 4.5 million viewers and a 1.8 in the 18-49 demographic. That’s even higher than the flagship series Arrow debuted to in 2012 (4.1 million, 1.3 million). In comparison, Diaries’ debut drew 4.9 million and a 2.1.

Those ratings are insane for the CW. A 1.8 in the demo would have a chance at renewal on pretty much any network. I mean, on CBS you'd have to be an award winning critical darling like The Good Wife, but it could still happen. Crazy. Should be interesting to see how it does the rest of the season, but this was a lot higher than I expected!

• Love 1

Damn!  I mean, I'm sure there will be a drop of some kind, because that usually happens, but that is a hell of a start.  And the general reaction I've seen has been pretty positive, so I don't see this completely falling apart, unless they totally drop the ball in the next few episodes.  But, I don't see that.  If anything, I feel like TPTB learned from the rough start with Arrow, and will be on more solid footing.

The total viewer numbers went up too.

From 4.5 to 4.79 million

I guess those three minutes it went into Supernatural's time slot made a difference.  (Supernatural was adjusted down)

As expected, a drop for the second episode, but still pretty good: 4.12 million, with a 1.6 in the 18-49 demo.  Hopefully, it will stabilize soon, but I have to imagine the DVR numbers will be pretty good as well.  I really can't see this show completely tanking, unless the writers just give up halfway through the season.  It still sounds like it's getting good buzz and positive feedback.

• Love 3

As expected, a drop for the second episode, but still pretty good: 4.12 million, with a 1.6 in the 18-49 demo.  Hopefully, it will stabilize soon, but I have to imagine the DVR numbers will be pretty good as well.  I really can't see this show completely tanking, unless the writers just give up halfway through the season.  It still sounds like it's getting good buzz and positive feedback.

I think it will stabilize at around 1.4 (for a while anyway) and will hopefully go up during crossovers. 

Edited by ban1o

A 1.5 rating pitted against The Voice, World Series and NCIS? And besting ABC, Pretty sure CW will take that every time.

A 1.5 ratings is far more impressive than it would be even a year ago, with all the major networks way down.

• Love 2

All superhero costumes look dumb, imo. One of my problems with the genre. I'd take the grittier versions any day (I can't look at Wonder Woman's iconic outfit without cringing). The one on Arrow wasn't bad, because it didn't feel so comic-booky, but the Flash one is pretty awful. I chalk it up to Barry's superhero obsession, so it makes it marginally better for me.

Time  Net  Show  18-49 Rating/Sh  Viewers (Millions)

8:00  FOX  World Series Game 6 - Live  3.1/9  11.92

NBC  The Voice  2.8/9  10.84

CBS  NCIS  2.5/8  17.20

CW  The Flash  1.3/4  3.37

ABC  The Great Halloween Fright Fight  1.1/4  3.75

Still besting the rest of the CW lineup by far and again beating ABC.   As the TVbynumbers site constantly tells us, the barometer of success is how a show does relative to the rest of that network's lineup, as far as renewals, etc.

Edited by caracas1914
The two week break didn't seem to hurt the show too much: 1.4 in the 18-49 demo, 3.40 million total.

So far this season:

1.9, 1.7, 1.5, 1.4, 1.4

Good solid numbers and at least 40% higher than any other CW show this season. (Arrow gets around 1.0)

• Love 1

Last nights final rating for the Flash/Arrow crossover was adjusted up to 1.6

Ratings YTD:

1.9, 1.7, 1.5, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.6

Per average, it's the highest ranked CW show this year  by a whopping 50 %.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

Last nights final rating for the Flash/Arrow crossover was adjusted up to 1.6

Ratings YTD:

1.9, 1.7, 1.5, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.6

Per average, it's the highest ranked CW show this year by a whopping 50 %.

Hells to the yizzy!

I wonder if Arrow fans who saw both crossovers might come over to watch The Flash? I guess we'll see tonight!

From what I've seen as a viewer and follower of both shows online, The Flash already shares a large portion of Arrow's audience, so I don't expect ratings will be much different than they have been. Most of Arrow's audience is already familiar with Barry since he appeared in two Arrow episodes last season.

That being said, I would expect higher than usual ratings because it's the MSF. Whether that holds until after the hiatus remains to be seen. Generally ratings are lower post-hiatus for most TV shows.

Edited by NumberCruncher

The CBS in Indianapolis moved their affiliation to the station that was the CW.  And since I live in Lafayette and our local station is CBS, instead of just getting a new CW feed, now I have 2 CBS channels that suck.  When I spoke with Comcast, they were unsure if the new shows would at least be available On Demand.  Does anyone else here know what my other options might be?  I have Hulu Plus and iTunes on Apple TV...or is streaming only available on CW.com?

The CBS in Indianapolis moved their affiliation to the station that was the CW.  And since I live in Lafayette and our local station is CBS, instead of just getting a new CW feed, now I have 2 CBS channels that suck.  When I spoke with Comcast, they were unsure if the new shows would at least be available On Demand.  Does anyone else here know what my other options might be?  I have Hulu Plus and iTunes on Apple TV...or is streaming only available on CW.com?

The simplest option - though more expensive - is to just get a season pass on iTunes - that's if you really, really want to have it.

Hulu Plus has them the day after - but they only keep like the last 4 or so...

But I'm a fanatic - so I DVR it AND I have the iTunes season pass... lol.

The ratings on 2/17/15 adjusted up to 1.5.

Ratings YTD:

1.9, 1.7, 1.5, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.6, 1.5, 1.3, 1.3, 1.5, 1.5

More than CW could have dreamed /hoped for when they picked it up...

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

Well even with Daylight savings time and  long hiatus, the FLASH's return  adjusted up to 1.3   Not bad.

Ratings YTD:
1.9, 1.7, 1.5, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.6, 1.5, 1.3, 1.3, 1.5, 1.5, 1.3

Edited by caracas1914