Type keyword(s) to search

Scheduling & Ratings for The Flash

Just Here
  • Start Topic

Great job beating the new shows on Fox.

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/10/07/the-flash-ratings

It’s a battle of the hot dudes in the 8 o’clock hour! The return of CW’s The Flash and star Grant Gustin on Tuesday went up against – and ultimately out-rated – Fox comedies with John Stamos and Rob Lowe among adults 18-49.

The superhero drama earned a 1.4 rating in the key demo and 3.4 million viewers, according to early Nielsen estimates – besting Grandfathered (1.1, 3.7 million) and The Grinder (1.0, 3.1 mil) on Fox. More importantly to CW, The Flash also dominated its timeslot in male teens, earning a 1.6 among 12-17.

• Love 1

I wonder if this next episode will get a 'Star Wars bump' because of Mark Hamill?

Last year's "Tricksters" didn't - but then again, that was before Disney really ramped up the Star Wars marketing. And "Tricksters" wasn't the fall finale, either.

No surprise but they hit a 14 month high. 

Pending adjustment due to infinitesimal ACC basketball preemptions, the CW’s sophomore sensation drew 3.97 million total viewers and a 1.6 rating, up 8 percent and two tenths to draw its largest audience in virtually a year (since Feb. 17, 2015) and deliver its best demo number since Dec. 2, 2014 (the first #Flarrow crossover).

http://tvline.com/2016/02/10/the-flash-earth-two-episode-ratings/

The NCAA tournament (March Madness) doesn't start until March 17th though. Since February sweeps are over, maybe they're just taking a break from now until the 22nd so they can run episodes straight through until May sweeps.

Also since Flash airs on Tuesday they're free and clear from the tournament.  The only game that's played on a Tuesday is a play-in game.  So yeah, this is all for a straight shot through to the finale.

Actually, i think they are going to skip one week in there, because iZombie is airing back to back episodes for their finale from 8-10pm on April 12th. So they'll come back with three in a row, skip one week and then air the last six in a row, probably.

What do they expect when they don't even bother to promote the show coming back? Seriously, they're treating this SG crossover like it's the second coming and most people probably didn't even know The Flash was on this week.

• Love 1

Actually, i think they are going to skip one week in there, because iZombie is airing back to back episodes for their finale from 8-10pm on April 12th. So they'll come back with three in a row, skip one week and then air the last six in a row, probably.

It looks like after next week's Flash Back episode that they are going to skip another week before they pick up with new eps again. Groan!!! And then yes miss yet another one somewhere in there before playing out the rest of the season.

It's weird -- I thought they would want to keep Flash and Arrow in sync, but Arrow has a new episode scheduled that week. Doubly weird is that 2.18 is the episode that is supposed to (kinda) tie-in with the Supergirl crossover.

CW has been taking The Flash for granted this season, they have become so passive when it comes to promoting the show .  The flash is a victim of its own success, they just think it will be OK without any help. Not just CW either, where is the cast & the crew, they should be more pro active about promoting the show. When was there last  time they were at cons or morning/late night shows, promoting the series.

Edited by WildcardC

I do think that the Flash as the one legitimately CW ratings hit, would be promoted better and pushed to the forefront. This return of new episodes seems almost an after thought.

You would think the show would think it would be worth it to fly Grant Gustin overnight to LA for talkshow tapings, (miss perhaps one half day of shooting), and pump it even more.

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 2

CW has been taking The Flash for granted this season, they have become so passive when it comes to promoting the show .  The flash is a victim of its own success, they just think it will be OK without any help. Not just CW either, where is the cast & the crew, they should be more pro active about promoting the show. When was there last  time they were at cons or morning/late night shows, promoting the series.

Honestly I think CP and GG have been the stalwarts this season promoting the show. CP seems to do even more press than GG does, though she probably works a bit less. But she's definitely promoting the show more.

I can only assume they're planning a big push for the last six episodes starting April 19th. They seem to have written off these two that aired in March, in favor of prmoting SG instead.

And by then they will have wrapped the season (I think, right?), so heavy promo for the final run is only logical.