Type keyword(s) to search

Scheduling & Ratings for The Flash

Just Here
  • Start Topic

Schedule:
3/14 - 3.16, "Into the Speed Force"
3/21 - 3.17, "Duet" (musical episode)
3/28 - 3.18, "Abra Kadabra"
No episode on 4/4, because of Legends finale and iZombie premiere.
4/11 -  ?

So they've scheduled 6 new episodes in a row so far. If they want the season finale to fall on May 23 (Iris' death date), they need to skip 2 weeks. Then again, they scheduled the valentine's episode 2 weeks late, so we'll see if the writers' vision and the network scheduling match up.

2 hours ago, Trini said:

I wonder how Daylight Savings AND this nor'easter are going to affect the ratings....

Daylight savings would probably be irrelevant, because other than farmers, nobody is really affected several days later in terms of their scheduling. It's still going to be dark out by the time it airs, regardless of the time change, so really what difference would it make?

The nor'easter would tend to help ratings, I'd assume. While it's true some percentage of Neilson viewers might lose power during the storm, the bigger flip side of it is that they'll all be home, likely watching TV rather than being somewhere else.

The Flash was number 9 (overall) in the Top 10 Most In-Demand Shows in the US (February 12-18, 2017)

The Flash was number 6 (overall) in the Top 10 Most In-Demand Shows in the US (February 19–25, 2017)

The Flash was number 5 (overall) in the Top 10 Most In-Demand Shows in the US (February 26 – March 4, 2017)  

The Flash was number 5 (overall) in the Top 10 Most In-Demand Shows in the US (March 5 – March 11, 2017)

I don't know how to go back further. Just in case: No episode on February 14, Episode 13 aired on February 21, Episode 14 aired on February 28, Episode 15 aired on March 7

I'm not really sure what it all means, but I think it's a good thing :)

ETA:

March 21,  2017     Final number:

The Flash (The CW)-18 - 49 ratings share:     1.0/4.         2.70 million

YTD:

1.3, 1.1, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.2, 1.1, 1.5, 1.2, 1.0, 1.1, 1.1, 1.0, 1.1, .9, .9, 1.0

For comparison, Complete season 2 ratings:

1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.5, 1.5, 1.4, 1.4. 1.3, 1.3, 1.4, 1.4, 1.6, 1.5, 1.4, 1.1, 1.3, 1.2, 1.3, 1.3, 1.3, 1.3, 1.3.

• Love 1

The Flash 

YTD:

1.3, 1.1, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.2, 1.1, 1.5, 1.2, 1.0, 1.1, 1.1, 1.0, 1.1, .9, .9, 1.0, .9, 

For comparison, Complete season 2 ratings:

1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.4, 1.5, 1.5, 1.4, 1.4. 1.3, 1.3, 1.4, 1.4, 1.6, 1.5, 1.4, 1.1, 1.3, 1.2, 1.3, 1.3, 1.3, 1.3, 1.3.

• Love 1

I'm not sure if this bodes well for next week's ratings -probably just everyone is eager to finally get answers on Savitar- but the youtube promo for next week has already reached 200,000+ views in 2 days.

It's pretty fast compared to the previous promos the past few months, and compared to promos for other CW shows. Usually it'd be that fast for a sizzle reel/trailer with clips from several episodes, or during a hiatus.

7 hours ago, phoenics said:

I imagine after Iris' "death" there will be a jump for the finale.

That would make sense.  Finales usually provide a pretty big rating bump.

I just realized that I'm about to go from 6-7 shows a week to zero very soon.  Elementary, Into the Badlands, Supergirl, The Flash and Arrow all have their finales next week.  12 Monkeys is running its entire damn third season starting tonight and going through Sunday.  The second season finale of Lucifer airs May 29.  Even Forged in Fire looks to be ending the first half of its fourth season Tuesday, May 23.  So, yeah, that's pretty much my whole viewing schedule going *poof* right there.

(edited)
On 5/19/2017 at 10:56 PM, phoenics said:

Mine too.

I got a bit of good news.  Forged in Fire has another episode coming up June 6, so maybe the season's not quite done yet.  Nothing brings quite as much joy to my heart as hearing Doug Marcaida declare that "It will keeeelll!"

Edited by johntfs

Season finale ratings:

The Flash (2.97 mil/1.1) drew its best numbers since Jan. 31 and Feb. 28, respectively;

... the season finale of “The Flash” (1.1) rose two tenths vs. last week but was off 0.2 from last season’s finale.

The CW’s flagship drama The Flash (1.1 in 18-49, 2.97 million) ended the season on a high note, up two tenths from last week in the demo, but that still was down from last season’s finale. It drew its largest audience in almost four months.

http://tvline.com/2017/05/24/flash-ratings-season-3-finale/
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/daily-ratings/tv-ratings-tuesday-may-23-2017/
http://deadline.com/2017/05/the-voice-dancing-with-the-stars-finale-ratings-lows-1202101577/

• Love 2

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/the-cws-same-day-vs-dvr-ratings-for-the-full-2016-17-tv-season/

Here are the same-day, Live +3 and Live +7 adults 18-49 ratings for every show that aired on The CW in the 2016-17 season. Same-day ratings are for all new episodes aired in-season (Sept. 19, 2016-May 24, 2017), including those coded as specials. DVR ratings may not include episodes coded as specials. Summer shows that aired one or two episodes in season aren’t included.

Highest-rated show: “The Flash” was the only CW show to average a 1.0 or better in adults 18-49 the night it aired. It remained that way in the DVR rankings, improving to 1.6 after three days and 1.9 after seven.

• Love 3

Looks like this season will be the first time that the episodes run uninterrupted until the christmas hiatus.

Also halloween falls on a Tuesday this year, and at least one of the promos hints that there will be a halloween theme for that episode.

10/24 -- 4.03 - "Luck Be a Lady"
10/31 -- 4.04 - "Elongated Journey Into Night"
11/7 -- 4.05 - "Girls Night Out"
11/14 -- 4.06
11/21 -- 4.07
11/28 -- 4.08 - [Crossover]
12/5  -- 4.09

11 hours ago, Trini said:

Looks like this season will be the first time that the episodes run uninterrupted until the christmas hiatus.

Also halloween falls on a Tuesday this year, and at least one of the promos hints that there will be a halloween theme for that episode.

10/24 -- 4.03 - "Luck Be a Lady"
10/31 -- 4.04 - "Elongated Journey Into Night"
11/7 -- 4.05 - "Girls Night Out"
11/14 -- 4.06
11/21 -- 4.07
11/28 -- 4.08 - [Crossover]
12/5  -- 4.09

I'm glad they are doing it this way, maybe that will help the rating because I think one of the main reason Flash kept going down in rating last season is cause of the scheduling. There were times when I didn't know when a new episode of Flash would be airing, so I would miss it 

I think that gaps in the scheduling problem really hits in the back half of the season though. Because people don't know when it's coming back, and then there are more weeks off, as they try to space out the last 14 episodes from Jan-May.

Airing opposite a well-watched World Series Game 6 and on family friendly Halloween night, This Is Us and The Flash sustained the biggest blows. ...

Over on The CW, The Flash (2 mil/0.7) fell 30 percent in the demo, ...

http://tvline.com/2017/11/01/world-series-ratings-game-6-dodgers-beat-astros/

As for the rest of the night, it will shock no one to know that between the World Series and trick or treaters, most of the non-sporting options on the Big 4 had some of their ratings candy taken away from them. ...

The CW’s The Flash (0.7/3) and DC’s Legends of Tomorrow (0.4/2) took a 30% and 20% drop.

http://deadline.com/2017/11/dodgers-win-world-series-game-6-ratings-rise-astros-mlb-fox-this-is-us-1202199065/

On 11/8/2017 at 5:55 PM, ruby24 said:

Thanks, Trini. I was wondering if someone could post the Live +7 ratings in here when they come out for each week? I don't know where to find them, but I'm always curious about that.

TVBytheNumbers.com should have them.

---------

9 minutes ago, ruby24 said:

Maybe they're looking at the scheduling for those episodes and planning the two-parter for earlier. The Winter Olympics are in February this year, so I'm guessing the show's going to be off for those two weeks in February. Looking at the calendar, I'm betting that the show will come back on January 16th and run for four episodes before the Olympics start. That would take it from episodes 10-13, so they could make those last two a two-parter.

I forgot about the Olympics! It's the first time the show has had to deal with that. They usually have 3-4 weeks of re-runs in the spring; If they do that, it will be the earliest break they've had. They'll probably still have another break later on, too.

Figured that's what they'd do. Then I'm guessing it will come back for another four episodes on February 27th, go through March 20th and then take a month off before coming back for the final run of six on April 17th.

Part 3 of The CW’s Arrowverse crossover event on Tuesday night drew 2.74 million total viewers and a 0.9 demo rating, hitting and tying The Flash‘s best numbers since its season opener.

The “Crisis on Earth-X” finale then did 2.76 mil and a 0.9, nearly doubling Legends‘ week-ago outing to mark that show’s best numbers since last year’s “Invasion!” crossover.

All told, “Crisis on Earth-X’ averaged 2.7 mil/0.9 (in fast nationals) versus last year’s 3.7 mil/1.3.

http://tvline.com/2017/11/29/arrowverse-crossover-ratings-crisis-earth-x-flash-legends/

4.10 ratings:

Opening The CW’s night, The Flash (2.47 mil/0.8) was up 13 percent in audience from its fall finale while steady in the demo.

http://tvline.com/2018/01/17/black-lightning-ratings-season-1-premiere-cw/

At 8 PM, The Flash (2.47 million, 0.8), returned from hiatus up +12% from its last original in total viewers and even in 18-49.

http://deadline.com/2018/01/black-lightning-premiere-ratings-lethal-weapon-chicago-med-season-high-1202244659/

4 hours ago, ruby24 said:

They never used to have this 0.8 rating though. 

This is true, but ratings on broadcast tv are very poor this year. I think I've read that shows are down 20-30% this year, which is a trend for broadcast tv over the last few years. Also, I think the superhero craze is over.

Another thing to keep in mind is that the CW lost some large markets, and it not as widely available as CBS/NBC/ABC/FOX. There's no telling how many of those markets had some of the 100,000 Nielsen boxes that are used to track ratings. Either way, the show continues to do very well with DVR/Streaming numbers.  

1 hour ago, Trini said:

We'll see how next week goes, but I don't think sidelining Barry/Flash is going to help anything ratings-wise.

The last Dibny-centric episode got the practically the same numbers. But, I totally agree that Barry being out likely won't help the numbers. Hopefully, it goes up next week!