Type keyword(s) to search

Teen Wolf Cast in Other Roles

Whimsy

Maze Runner isn't out in my country yet, but it looks like it's doing well at the Box Office so far, which hopefully will lead to more opportunities for Dylan. It'll be interesting seeing him as a more serious male lead and action hero because I think of him as more of a wacky character actor.

No news about any other future Dylan projects yet?

I guess that the Maze Runner 2 and Teen Wolf 5 will take up the next six months or so of his career at least. Ian Bowen did drop a hint on Afterbuzz recently that they are remaking the 80s film War Games and that Dylan is one of the actors being talked about for the Matthew Broderick role. He would be perfect for it! I don't know if that was just wishful thinking from Bowen or if he knows something.        

Edited by Yitzhak

I saw it and was a bit underwhelmed by Dylan's acting. Granted, the role doesn't give him that much to do besides "be scared", "be terrified" and "be angry", but I felt like it didn't really fit him. He's much better when he's allowed to be funny.

But then I also like Kaya Scodelario in other roles and thought she was only okay in the movie, so I suppose it just wasn't going to be producing any noteworthy acting.

The reviews, I think, are measuring it compared to other YA movies (other than Hunger Games), which yeah, makes the acting look quite good. Nobody's a Lily Collins, after all.

Just saw Brian Patrick Wade (Ennis) in the last couple of episodes of S.H.I.E.L.D. and although he was playing another muscular lunk, he was much better than on Teen Wolf. He didn't do any of those manic, over reacting bits or make those ghastly muscular grimaces. Jeff Davis, and the directors, have a lot to answer for if they can screw up a bit player that much.

As soon as his contract is up I suggest Dylan O'Brien runs from Teen Wolf so fast you'll be able to see cartoon leaves stirring in the wind.

Edited by caseylane
  • Love 1

Holy smokes. I did not recognize him at all on AoS. And I just looked him up—his acting was brilliant in Generation Kill; I had no idea that was who was playing Ennis. Teen Wolf gave him NOTHING to do.

• Love 2

As soon as his contract is up I suggest Dylan O'Brien runs from Teen Wolf so fast you'll be able to see cartoon leaves stirring in the wind.

I actually get the impression that Dylan is very loyal to TW and still enjoys playing Stiles, so will remain with the show as long as he is able. That said, Maze Runner has proved successful at the box office and this will almost certainly lead to bigger and better offers for Dylan. If Colton and Daniel left the show just for higher paid TV gigs I don't think Dylan could or should turn down further movie offers. Realistically, I think it's safe to say S5 will be Dylan's last season on TW and maybe the last for the show itself, unless MTV thinks they can sell a TW next generation show.   

Edited by Yitzhak

Found out where Isaac went. Daniel Sharman is now on the Originals. The CW is really poaching the Teen Wolf cast members, aren't they?

Spoiler for the "climatic" ending of the second season premier:

He went from werewolf to Kaleb/Kol, a vampire zombie thingy.

And now Seth Gilliam (Deaton) turns up on The Walking Dead as Gabriel Stokes. However, I suspect he won't be any more forthcoming with answers on there as he is on Teen Wolf? Regardless, it's good to see him again.

• Love 1

For anyone who is missing the TW blooper reels, here's a link to the Maze Runner bloopers...

...which (as you might expect) are 90% Dylan being goofy.

Edited by Yitzhak
  • Love 1

Just saw on Huffington Post that Charlie Carver is in an Independant Movie called I Am Michael. Biggest buzz, so far, of the movie is the 3 way sex scene between him, James Franco and Zach Quinto. Just watched Charlie's interview there.

Papa McCall is playing a role on Chicago Fire next week. It's really amusing because Mama McCall has been on the show for a year as a minor character. I doubt they'll share a scene, but together on a show they are again!

Even if he doesn't get the role, he's implied that S5 will be his last which is for the best.  None of Dylan, Hoechlin or Holland sound enthusiastic in any way, shape or form and with the addition of all these new characters, I feel Jeff Davis is trying to pull a Degrassi but good luck with that.  Any way, TW has done all it can for those 3, especially Dylan.  

Seriously, just let these characters graduate and move on. Pretty Little Liars is getting increasingly irritating with how long they've been dragging out 11th and 12th grade here. In the real time it's taken for these girls to finish out 11th grade and 12th grade, you could have gone to college and gotten a Master's degree. It's ridiculous.

I would be satisfied if they got rid of the teens and retooled the series to be all Sheriff's department, all the time. Call it "Stilinski: Policing the Supernatural".

With special guest star Melissa McCall as the only competent medical professional in town!

Ya know, Roy is quickly becoming the MVP of Arrow. Who knew Colton Haynes had it in him?

And despite Seth Gilliam being a charming person, I can't wait for Father Gabriel to die on the Walking Dead.

• Love 1

I stopped watching Arrow this season, so I have no idea of Roy got better or not. For me he was just kind of there 

But agreed 100% with Father Gabriel. I hope he dies a gruesome death early next season. It's not just that he's annoying. He's useless.

Dylan is in talks to join "Deepwater Horizon" with Mark Wahlberg, Kurt Russell and Gina Rodriguez.

http://deadline.com/2015/04/dylan-obrien-deepwater-horizon-mark-wahlberg-1201407927/

It's probably a done deal so kudos to him. I saw some TW fans whining that it's not a deep indie movie and it proves that DOB is in acting for fame and not the joy of acting. How dare someone who is relatively unknown audition for a movie with well-established actors. It's a movie based on real events that happened in the southern US. These kind of movies do great critically and financially. The sooner he leaves TW, the better. That fandom is one of the worst I've ever seen, only out-crazied by the Superwholock fans.

Edited by onyxrose81

I saw some TW fans whining that it's not a deep indie movie and it proves that DOB is in acting for fame and not the joy of acting.

WTH? Firstly, I'm with you—it's a fantastic opportunity for him to break out to a larger audience and I hope he gets it. And secondly, if Dylan were someone who preferred to do quirky indies (I don't know if that's his thing or his fans'), alternating blockbusters (big paycheck, big exposure to increase castability and choices) with indies (love of craft) is a well-established pattern used by many actors. And the actors he'd meet on a big project he would learn a LOT from.

I still think Dylan could use some formal acting training, but he's so naturally talented that it was only a matter of when, not if, he would be in the running for big roles like this one.

Also, if Dylan and Gina are in the movie I will probably be buying my tickets for opening night.

I saw some TW fans whining that it's not a deep indie movie and it proves that DOB is in acting for fame and not the joy of acting.

LOL, were they pissed over Maze Runner too? 

Also, if Dylan and Gina are in the movie I will probably be buying my tickets for opening night.

Unfortunately, Mark Wahlberg's presence kills any enthusiasm for me.

Apparently, Seth Gilliam is auditioning for the part of Speed Racer / inmate:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/walking-deads-seth-gilliam-arrested-793274

He was arrested for doing 107 mph in a 55 mph zone while under the influence of drugs and alcohol. Yikes! I'm putting this here instead of  the Media thread since it's only about one of the actors, and not the entire show. Plus, I've already commented in this thread about Seth before.

Netflixing One Tree Hill today (don't judge!) and was pleasantly surprised to see Melissa Ponzio in a non-speaking role as one of the booster club moms. Went through her imdb page as a result, and it seems like she's been in every Southern-filmed show in the last ten years.

I'm assuming that she's had a busy career in theatre in between TV guest appearances, as she brings a lot more skill to the table than you'd expect from someone who mostly appeared as "Flight Attendant" or "Kidnapper #1" until a few years ago.

• Love 1

O'Brien continues to not endear himself to me

I googled around about the story when his TV interview first aired. Apparently Kaya had been saying in interviews for a while that Thomas Brodie-Sangster took an arrowhead. From that, I guess, interviewers started asking the rest of the cast, so then Dylan said he took a rock, then put it back. By the time of his TV interview, it was, "yeah, everybody did it."

My impressions were 1) Dylan had been trying to take the heat off of TBS because Kaya had been ripping him hard, 2) it was stupid of the cast to try to talk about disrespecting Indian artifacts like "whoopsie," 3) Dylan is the star, so he's gotten most of the heat, and 4) it was horrifically stupid of the movie PR team to let it get that far, as the story had been going on for weeks already, and interviewers were obviously including it in pre-interviews. Bad enough for a bunch of twenty-somethings still finding their feet in the press, absolutely negligent for studio PR.

BTW, apparently nothing was actually taken. Joking about that it did happen was still horribly disrespectful.

Yesterday I saw Everybody Wants Some!!, the new Richard Linklater movie Tyler Hoechlin is in. I loved it! But then I loved Slacker, and this is the same sort of naturalistic slice of life—no plot, just characters and situations. Tyler did a good job of disappearing into his cocky jock role, very unlike either Derek or his RL demeanor. The only hint I'd seen before is the shit-eating grin Derek gave when he drove off with Erica in the Camaro, shortly after he turned her, but even that was more snarky and deliberate than Glen McReynolds' more innate, natural assholery. It was also fun getting to see Tyler be super competent at baseball, since he was an excellent college player IRL.

On 5/13/2017 at 0:04 PM, HunterHunted said:

Posey booked a recurring role on Jane the Virgin.

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/tyler-posey-cast-jane-the-virgin-cw-1202023526/

I'm worried because everybody on Jane is so good and Posey is so not.

Lol. Poor Posey but it's so true. With all the talk that Posey has improved since the beginning to Teen Wolf, I still don't think he's good enough to be serious actor. Hopefully, he will surprise me.

• Love 1

I find it really interesting that Crystal and Holland have absolutely nothing going on in their careers. I never thought that they were worse than Posey, but seriously no real work for either of them.

I don't know about Crystal but Holland was recently announced for the third season of SyFy's Channel Zero. I've never heard of that show so I don't know if that's good or not. But I agree, I'm surprised she hasn't been booking things left and right.

As for Tyler, there wasn't much to go on from his short appearance in the JtV finale but I thought he was fine. Hopefully being surrounded by all that talent will make him step up his game.