Season 02

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/16/2019 at 8:30 PM, preeya said:

If she was like Benson, I wouldn't be watching. St. Olivia is unbearable.

Yeah Maggie is nothing like St Olivia IMO, we don’t hear people constantly telling Maggie how she’s the greatest thing since sliced bread and we don’t have everyone constantly bowing to her and Maggie doesn’t shove her views on to everyone else. St Olivia is unbearable now.

• Love 1

Here is the description for Season 2, Episode 5, "Crossroads", which will air on October 22, 2019:

A loving husband and father of two, Jim Russo, is kidnapped after accidentally getting involved in illegal dealings far beyond what he imagined. Also, Jubal must make a difficult decision regarding his family and their future.

19 hours ago, Rambler said:

once the shooting occurred, it wouldn't be surprising that the FBI would be called in because of the previous threats

Except that the FBI was investigating before they knew about the threats. Or rather, if someone told the FBI about the threats, no one bothered to tell the actual investigating team about them, since our guys didn't know anything about it until the detective told the one agent, who told Maggie & OA about it! I guess it was a case of "I just go where they tell me" and our people never bothered to ask "Why are we here?"

• Love 1

When did the DEA and FBI share an office?

Why didn't Russo (after he regained consciousness) immediately tell the truth about the police checkpoint and take them to where the cocaine was buried. With that there would be a 65/35 chance they don't kill him.

El Patron has to be a high score for the government than the rescue of Russo. Isobel is very lucky DEA Brennan didn't go the AG to shut the FBI operation down. But don't worry Brennan, (in a future episode) El Patron will be arrested by Maggie and OA. They will take the glory you were hoping to get.

So El Patron wanted to keep Russo alive and hear what happend to the drugs from him face to face?! If the FBI had waited the DEA could have arrested El Patron and FBI rescued Russo. I wonder who broke this news to Brennan?

I'm impressed for the picture quality from the very small pendant Maggie was wearing.

The moment the man said "sweetheart" to Kristin, start the countdown to her correcting his ass. At times, the writing can be so predictable.

Another good episode IMO, the case was very complex but good. Everyone had a nice role in this episode and I’m liking how there are more people involved in the investigation this season, nice to see more of Kristen and Scola, I liked Maggie and Kristen at the bar with Scola and OA in the car, I’ve warmed up to Isobel and Jubal was good as always, and I was glad to see a lot of agents go in on the final raid of the house instead of just Maggie and OA likes its been a couple of times this season. 

I hope they don’t start bringing personal stuff into episodes, but it was nice to see more of Jubal so I didn’t mind that minor subplot. I think OA’s new girlfriend that he was talking about will play a role in a future episode. 

Overall I’ve liked every episode this season. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

Why is it that all the SWAT guys wear helmets, but our intrepid agents are always bareheaded?

Isn't counterfeiting handbags also a felony?  Russo would have to be really stupid to take on that kind of risk for a small payout.  Plus, you never know if some local mob is behind it and you still get a bullet.  Work another shift, guy.

Isn't that the same house as the last episode of Evil?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

Why is it that all the SWAT guys wear helmets, but our intrepid agents are always bareheaded?

Isn't counterfeiting handbags also a felony?  Russo would have to be really stupid to take on that kind of risk for a small payout.  Plus, you never know if some local mob is behind it and you still get a bullet.  Work another shift, guy.

The bigger issue is why do SWAT teams spend so much time training when on operations untrained detective types always insist to go along and get in the way instead of doing something useful like covering the back door until the rooms are cleared? After all said agent was a Ranger SEAL in the military service "so I will be useful while in the way😉. Simply because they are the star and it looks brave.

As for the specific helmet issue. Although in the last 15 years or so they have gotten smaller because protection from air burst of shrapnel is no longer their primary purpose as it had been since 1914 they still make identification harder because they change the shape of the head. Even a relatively accurate show like Flashpoint had their SWAT team drop the helmets after the pilot episode.  However after Zero Dark Thirty and the SEAL tech shown shows about the tactical team tend to keep their cast in the helmets as they are used to mount  the special forces night vision tech.

As to the target lock on the specific crime that detectives get instead of using the Al Capone strategy of locking them away on the crime less hidden by the bad guy.. Well I don't know. 

Edited by Raja

I think they only kept him alive until he said where he berried their coke (half a million worth they said or something like that).

Not sure I get this story. Cocaine is pretty much worthless in Mexico because of how much is made and how easy it is to make. Once you get it inside the US (or other major country with money) it is then worth quite a bit. Cartels send it over the border or from the ocean in 1000's of different ways expecting some or most of it to be found so they probably dupe people into moving it knowing if they get busted no big deal. Now once you have the product in the US you probably use trusted people who know the contents of their packages to move the stuff giving them more and more product after they show they are reliable. So I don't get why they would get an unknown guy to move half a million dollars worth of product his first week.

Those helmets probably mess up the stars hair in between takes so that's why they don't use them. Not covering all sides of the house is pretty stupid in a raid especially when they can see you coming a mile away.

The guy who died firing the UZI was the high level snitch correct?

I thought Brennean was the bad guy the way he was acting. I liked that Isabel told the guy they were going to do the raid, no matter what. 

I liked the episode though and really thought it was stupid they would keep Russo alive like that. I did think he was dead. 

• Like 1

Next up:  The local PD notices a string of thefts in which parking meters are cut off, a la Cool Hand Luke, and they ask the FBI for assistance.  Jubal immediately says "Of course, because the coins are federal money, so we can get involved.  Now, disappear from the rest of the episode because you have no further purpose."

• LOL 1
2 hours ago, Netfoot said:

WTF is a "Ranger SEAL" ?  Rangers are Army, SEALs are Navy.  I didn't know you could be both.

It's a joke. I am now starting to add Raider, as just a Marine, even a Scout Sniper Recon Marine doesn't make the TV character cut. But Raiders might still be too new to have veterans become Detective Agents 

3 hours ago, Netfoot said:

Gotcha.  You could also throw in Delta, maybe even SAS.

I remember on one attempt to start a Criminal Minds franchise the team had an ex SAS sniper at the same time NCIS was running a story that Ziva had to become a US citizen in able to become an actual US Federal Agent.  However Ranger SEAL Raider is getting unwieldy enough

There is apparently a repeat this week, but the synopsis for season 2, episode 6 airing on November 5, 2019 is up, titled "Outsider":

After a Wall Street investor is murdered, the team is led to an insider-trading ring that uses unconventional methods to gain information. Also, OA struggles to maintain confidence in his budding relationship with Mona

• Love 1
1 hour ago, WendyCR72 said:

There is apparently a repeat this week, but the synopsis for season 2, episode 6 airing on November 5, 2019 is up, titled "Outsider":

I’m not looking forward to OA personal drama, I have no idea why they are introducing this, I like how this show stays away from personal soap operas. They like to have OA bring his personal feelings into the cases sometimes and that gets tiresome now apparently we’re going to have personal drama with him. Blah. The references to his girlfriend in the last episode were very forced. 

On 10/25/2019 at 10:59 AM, illdoc said:

CBS often has reruns during the last week in October, so they can have all new stuff during November sweeps. Tuesday's line-up and most of Thursday's are reruns next week.

There is also the fear of competing with the baseball World Series  which have gotten pushed later in the month of October as MLB added more playoff games

On 10/10/2019 at 9:14 PM, The Ringo Kidd said:

This show is so bad that the present her as a Congresswoman but in the interview room they call her a Senator. Who writes this crap?

Senators are members of Congress. Congress is bicameral--composed of the House of Representatives and the Senate, together comprising "Congress." Senator is more accurately descriptive, but both are correct.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, xtwheeler said:

Senators are members of Congress. Congress is bicameral--composed of the House of Representatives and the Senate, together comprising "Congress." Senator is more accurately descriptive, but both are correct.

It is not correct. Nobody ever calls a Senator a Congressman. Just try it with a Senator. They would bite your head off.

• Love 2

Really glad OA's girlfriend wasn't dirty. There were a few moments when I thought "uh oh, she's too good to be true& has so much $$." 

So I was happy to be wrong. Plus they make a handsome couple.

• Like 1
  • Love 4

This was a very good episode IMO. I really liked the investigation and the heavy role that everyone got, I’m really liking how it’s much more of a team effort this season. I enjoy having 4 field agents now and I like how some of the background people in the office have roles also. A heavy role for Jubal tonight which was nice, limited role for Isobel but she’s grown on me a lot since the start of the season.

The investigation was good, I suspected the girlfriends involvement but not how, it got complex in places with all of the financial dealings but it was good. 

I don’t care about OA’s personal life, at least they worked it into the case but I’m not a fan of personal drama. 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Gotta say, if nothing else, this show is a lot more graceful in integrating regular characters' personal stories into the case of the week than other Dick Wolf shows.

Also it's kinda funny that despite being the nominal lead, Maggie is basically playing cheerleader for her colleagues' personal issues for a few weeks now.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

The always working Brad Hughes needs to bring his big laptop to a restaurant on a date. 

When Jubal was monologuing about Elana, it didn't seem anyone was paying attention to him. 

I can't see Mona lasting long on the show. She is too good to be true. She will be murdered.

I liked this show last season but it’s already got really really old and I can’t put my finger on why.   Maybe because OA really annoys me.  His outright bitchiness at going on a nice vacation with a richer then him (by admittingly a lot) annoyed me more then it probably was meant to.   I am guessing we were supposed to take his side and understand his reservation about having a woman pay for his vacation but it seemed all male privilegly to me.  Then he goes and throws himself on his sword instead of just telling who gave him a tip.  I don’t know.    

maybe it’s also I have a low tolerance for procedurals.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 1
16 minutes ago, Chaos Theory said:

His outright bitchiness at going on a nice vacation with a richer then him (by admittingly a lot) annoyed me more then it probably was meant to.   I am guessing we were supposed to take his side and understand his reservation about having a woman pay for his vacation but it seemed all make privilegly to me

He's totally mismatched with her. He even hinted at it to Maggie when they were driving.

• Like 1

Favorite line of the night: 

SEC Investigator - "We're looking into him regarding insider trading.                            

FBI agent:  "He was murdered last night."

SEC guy:  "This changes everything"

No shit, Sherlock.  It's a wonder anything gets by you top notch investigators.

What was Jubal drinking from a few times during the episode?  Medication, or what?

I didn't see a problem with OA's girlfriend giving him some info about a possible suspect, but she should have run it by her boss immediately afterward, just so they're all on the same page.  She had to have known that it could impact their own investigation.  Unless there's more to the story.

Edited by Dowel Jones
  • LOL 1
16 hours ago, Dowel Jones said:

I didn't see a problem with OA's girlfriend giving him some info about a possible suspect, but she should have run it by her boss immediately afterward, just so they're all on the same page.  She had to have known that it could impact their own investigation.  Unless there's more to the story.

Same here or maybe run it by the boss first but then, we wouldn't have a guy they could stake out and arrest. 

I liked this episode and I admit, I think OA's girlfriend will end up corrupt or dead. They need to call out the names of Kristen and her partner because I'm not remembering his name very well. 

8 hours ago, Waterston Fan said:

Same here or maybe run it by the boss first but then, we wouldn't have a guy they could stake out and arrest. 

I liked this episode and I admit, I think OA's girlfriend will end up corrupt or dead. They need to call out the names of Kristen and her partner because I'm not remembering his name very well. 

Kristen's partner is Scola. Dick Wolf likes recycling names as there was a perp in the final season of Law & Order: Criminal Intent named Teddy Scola who killed his fashion designer former BFF and his daughter. (Even weirder was, in a subsequent episode  - in that same final season - there was a Broadway producer named Amanda Rollins, played by Cynthia Nixon, and mere months later, Det. Amanda Rollins appeared on SVU. At least Wolf spaces the recycling out now.)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

I have a feeling OA's girlfriend is going to end up dead. Because that will pile on the drama and maybe someone has to stop OA from getting revenge or whatnot. But I guess her being corrupt works. That angle, I can see OA's job somehow being on the line thanks to something she does, too.

Either way, you know this will not end well for them.

• Love 1

Here is the synopsis for the next episode, to air on 11/12/2019, called "Undisclosed":

When a board member of a soon-to-be-public medical tech company is murdered, the team tries to find out who had the most to gain from his death. OA is conflicted when pressure to help a family member is at odds with his commitment to tell the truth.

• Love 1

I dislike the character payed by Alana de la Garza. I’ve not really warmed up to any characters she’s played.  I miss Sela Ward. Though she was the authoritative character there was still so warmth to her.  Subbing in de la Garza feels like they went for a similar look but didn’t quite make the feel.  They trot her out with her statement so that Sisto can shout out his lines and then put here back in her office until someone needs to see the principal. 

• Love 6

Didn't take long to add an "admission scandal" to the script but didn't have enough to make a full episode out of it.

$1.5 Billion is chump change to Sharma? 

Good to see Kristen and Scola get more screen time conducting the investigation but of course it's OA and Maggie at the end attempting to make an arrest.

At Corrine's apartment, Scola was not that far behind Tommy. Tommy made it down all those flights of stairs and disappeared in the street. Scola needs to work on his speed.

The driver of the garbage truck had plenty of time to see Tommy step off the curb and apply the brakes. 

Good that they made sure Corrine is arrested. 

Don't worry OA, Newark PD will have plenty of "Ryan" types applying for the job and most will be hired.

• Love 1

Tonight’s episode started out boring but got better as it went along, I liked the twist of the killer turning out to be the security guy that was interviewed at the start. I also liked Kristen and Scola getting more action. Not much of Jubal though it seemed. I’m really sick of OA’s personal life getting shoved down our throats, this is already the 3rd different personal thing this season alone we’ve gotten, and we had several last season as well. It just detracts from the show, and it doesn’t help that OA is my least favorite character, he’s frequently judgmental about stuff and seems to always be whining. I really wish they would ditch the OA personal stuff. Other than that I’ve really liked the show this season. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 11/11/2019 at 1:16 AM, LisaM said:

Also like Scola, who I recall from the last season of Bones. 

I didn't much like him in Bones but I thought it was the character mannerisms but now I see him in this show with the same mannerisms I dislike him even more, YMMV.

So tow eps in a row Jubal is eating snacks in a very obvious manner - when will this anvil drop?

Another vote for liking this show so much better without personal drama.  And agreed that O.A.'s girlfriend will either be corrupt or killed (my guess will be the latter) because you know this guy isn't going to be allowed to be happy in this show. 

On another note, I was wondering if the actress who plays Maggie was pregnant as it seems she is wearing looser clothing and now the baggy jacket indoors.  So shallow me looked her up and yep!  She and her husband made the announcement in October, so I'm sure we'll be treated to scenes of her holding file folders in front of her and standing behind desks etc.   Which is much better than working the pregnancy into a show where the character she is playing is widowed/single.  

• Like 1
  • Love 2

I am curious as to why the FBI was involved in a straightforward murder case.  That's a state crime, and it's not like the FBI doesn't have enough to do already. 

Interesting that they named the suspect's wife Rachel Ward.  She is a well known actress, and you think they would have picked another name.

• Like 1

Stupid DVR went on the fritz and had to watch On Demand. 

I liked this episode and it was nice to see Kristen and Scola on the field. 

I think OA's uncle is very biased and doesn't look really think of what OA is saying but its good that OA thiinks about how being a cop is hard. 

Once again they get everything wrong. The number 3 train terminates in Brooklyn at New Lots Avenue. It was famous for being the most dangerous train in the system and was called the beast. There is no Housten street stop.

OA is really out of line for stopping his cousin from getting on the job. He really is a sanctimonious asshole.

Edited by The Ringo Kidd