Type keyword(s) to search

Season 02

WendyCR72
  • Start Topic

This episode had another one of those scenes where all the agents show up, guns drawn, at the suspect's work place. From a distance of half a block away, they make eye contact and yell "FBI!" - as if that would immobilize the suspect or protect any of the innocent people around him. 
Then the suspect, of course, runs - and *all* of the agents holster their guns and run after him. ... but he has plenty of distance and time to get to his vehicle and drive away (tho he is stopped). 
This SWAT-like approach appeared very poorly thought out and executed. 

Edited by shrewd.buddha
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, shrewd.buddha said:

This episode had another one of those scenes where all the agents show up, guns drawn, at the suspect's work place. From a distance of half a block away, they make eye contact and yell "FBI!" - as if that would immobilize the suspect or protect any of the innocent people around him. 
Then the suspect, of course, runs - and *all* of the agents holster their guns and run after him. ... but he has plenty of distance and time to get to his vehicle and drive away (tho he is stopped). 
This SWAT-like approach appeared very poorly thought out and executed. 

To me, most shows seem to do this. 

• Like 1
On 10/3/2019 at 2:29 PM, kirkola said:

The legal way is to pay the ivy league schools directly with enough cash to get your name on a building...and your kid enrolled.

If you have an idle $20M sitting around you could donate, your kid does not need to go to college in the first place.

At most good schools that have many more applicants then spots you need to be a legacy, know people, be a smart minority, or grease the correct palms to get your kids in. The point of getting your kids in is not the education, it is knowing and hanging around with other rich kids and those contacts will get you good positions down the line.

• Love 1

Here is the synopsis for the upcoming episode, "American Idol", airing October 8, 2019:

After a front-running female presidential candidate, Valerie Caldwell, is targeted with a car bomb, OA and Maggie must hurry to track down the bomber before they strike again. The case leads them to wonder whether this person is targeting Caldwell for her political aspirations or something else.

17 minutes ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

What the chances that the bomber is a white nationalist militia type that is the go to criminal in every Dick Wolf show?

Boring.

White nationalists are the biggest threats when it comes to terrorism these days, trading off with Islamist terrorists.  And we already had a bunch of those in the season premiere, we’d be due for a white nationalist group of assholes.

What I really hope wouldn’t happen is that the bombings are due to some kind of personal vendetta and not politically motivated.  This would be fucking dumb because using explosives (obviously and for good reason) leads to more law enforcement resources being allocated than other weapons, not to mention terrorism charges if you get caught.  Hollywood writers don’t seem to realize that however.

Once the sister yelled at Maggie and OA, there was no way she was wrong about Caldwell. 

OA: Do you happen to know anything about bombs.?

Wayne: Yeah. They explode, that's about it.! (Way to go after him OA)

Izzy? I bet Chris is married.

The FBI just grabbed Ray Chao off the street without announcing themselves or reading his rights.

After Jubal told the agent a warrant isn't necessary,  he had the information in 1 second. Impressive.

Secret Service took a break tonight, except for the one guy that grabbed Caldwell and ran. They left everything else to the FBi to handle.

Don't worry OA, Rickey Escalante never made it to the major leagues. You can get the last laugh and arrest him for making you cry.

Edited by mxc90
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

I loved when the sister yelled at Maggie, For some reason I got a lot of satisfaction out of that.

So a corrupt politician? what a surprise. 

And a young black man discarded and thrown to the dogs because of course he doesn't matter. And another black man had his life destroyed for simply trying to do the right thing and in the end he pays for his actions while the corrupt politician goes on about her business. It all sounds so American.

• Love 1

Pretty good episode. I liked how the case played out, it wasn’t surprising that Caldwell was corrupt but I still enjoyed the case. I for some reason suspected Caldwell’s head of security would be involved and I was surprised he didn’t reappear. I like having Kristen in the field and I like her partner, and Isobel was much more likable tonight IMO, the show appears to be more of a team effort this season with more agents involved which I’m enjoying. Overall a solid outing, I was glad it didn’t get overly preachy and political as well. 

• Like 1
  • Love 6
10 hours ago, Xeliou66 said:

I like having Kristen in the field and I like her partner, and Isobel was much more likable tonight IMO, the show appears to be more of a team effort this season with more agents involved which I’m enjoying.

I'm liking the team focus too. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, mommalib said:

And another black man had his life destroyed for simply trying to do the right thing and in the end he pays for his actions while the corrupt politician goes on about her business

Well, except for the part where he tries to blow up the person he blames, instead killing an innocent man. And the politician looked to me like she was going down.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
37 minutes ago, Waterston Fan said:

What happened to FBI: Most Wanted? It didn't get picked up? 

Nope, it did. Being held for mid season. Alana De La Garza was originally in the cast there, but she was moved to FBI original, for whatever reason.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, sempervivum said:

Well, except for the part where he tries to blow up the person he blames, instead killing an innocent man. And the politician looked to me like she was going down.

He is going to jail to pay for what he did. The corrupt ass politician who started the ball rolling on the destruction of people's lives for her own gain looks like she's gonna skate.

Dear Mr. Ex-Prosecutor Dude,

There was no need to kill anyone. I guess you didn't know this, but since you kept hard evidence of the candidate's crime, there is this whole group of people who go by the name of "reporter" who would jump at the chance to take down a presidential candidate. In fact, since the candidate appeared to be a female liberal, there is a particular news organization named after an animal who would probably tell your story even without any evidence. 😉

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

I find it odd somebody who didn't have the guts to not suppress evidence suddenly has the guts to commit murder. She didn't ruin his life, he did it himself.

You notice the convict never said he didn't do it, and the evidence would have meant a retrial and not an acquittal.

• Like 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, UnknownK said:

You notice the convict never said he didn't do it, and the evidence would have meant a retrial and not an acquittal.

It came off to me like he wasn't allowed to. I figured something was up when he wouldn't give Maggie a yes or no answer but said "I've moved on" twice. By the time they got to the check I was like yup it's hush money and was surprised they jumped to payment for the bomb, especially since he said "I've moved on" for the third freaking time in that scene. It was such obvious NDA talk that they should have twigged on to by then but, of course, they had to save the confirmation that he was "paid for his silence" until the end so they could have the cliched scene of somebody dropping the act and showing their true self.

The evidence (footage confirming alibi) + the prosecutorial misconduct of withholding exculpatory evidence + conviction and sentence served sounds like an overturned verdict to me. I was surprised she even said "I chose to withhold it because..." to two FBI agents. That was...cocky.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Here is the description of episode 4 of Season 2, "An Imperfect Science", to air on 10/15/2019:

After a shooting at a nightclub, it appears that the FBI may have ignored previous threats from a local white supremacist group. Also, Kristen wrestles with her commitment to the Bureau and her responsibility to her community.

I do enjoy this show but it’s starting to feel very Olivia Benson that Maggie is always right, always the one who solves things.  Spread out the kudos, show.  Otherwise, it will get very, very old and eye-roll-worthy.

• Like 1
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, MerBearHou said:

I do enjoy this show but it’s starting to feel very Olivia Benson that Maggie is always right, always the one who solves things.  Spread out the kudos, show.  Otherwise, it will get very, very old and eye-roll-worthy.

I haven't been able to stand Benson in years and yes i'm getting the same kind of vibes about Maggie. And also like Benson there's something smug about Maggie.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, mommalib said:

I haven't been able to stand Benson in years and yes i'm getting the same kind of vibes about Maggie. And also like Benson there's something smug about Maggie.

Agreed 100%.  I do like FBI and it’s new enough that they can hopefully avoid the screw-up that SVU became due to St. Olivia.  

• Like 1

The bouncer probably refused to let the girls in because one of them got his burger order wrong.

FBI agents (not named Maggie and OA) didn't respond to the first threat on the club? I'm shocked!

How much did Disney pay for every time "First Order" was mentioned?  

Those therapists couldn't get the racist thoughts out of Ivan's head?

Jim probably had plenty of opportunities to kill Patrice but decides to shoot up a club in the dark.

Kristen learned a hard and valuable lesson: the star of the show is never wrong! 

As usual, no need to call Northport police to get to Patrice. OA and Maggie will leap over traffic and get there from Manhattan in no time.

Edited by mxc90
  • Like 1
  • Love 2
14 minutes ago, mxc90 said:

Jim probably had plenty of opportunities to kill Patrice but decides to shoot up a club in the dark.

Kristen learned a hard and valuable lesson: the star of the show is never wrong!

Honestly Jim shooting up the club was a little bit clever.  By shooting up the club and "just happening" to kill Patrice, he gets everyone looking for a whacko mass shooter instead of for someone with an actual motive to kill her like he had.

I choose to believe that Maggie is always right because the Devil gave her that power in exchange for her soul.  Because Maggie knows the Devil:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0955322/?ref_=nm_knf_t3

That said Maggie has shitty tactical awareness.  Jim would have killed her ass if he'd just been smart enough to shoot Odam in the head while he was down trying to recover.  He had a Glock 19.  That's 15 rounds in the clip and 1 in the chamber.  Finish off the one threat and then go after the other one.  At which point he can kill Patrice at his leisure and get a jump on the pursuit.

Maggie and Odam kind of deserved to die for being stupid enough to go to a place occupied by someone under active threat from a killer without bringing backup.

Edited by johntfs
  • Like 1
  • Love 4

I liked this episode. It took some nice twists and had a good investigation, good twist of the angry boyfriend disguising the attack as a random mass shooting. 

I liked having Kristen and Scola show up at the scene along with Maggie and OA at the start. I’ve warmed up to Isobel some, I liked her in this episode a lot. Jubal was good as always, and I liked the final conversation between Jubal and Isobel.

The only thing I didn’t like was Maggie and OA going into the house without backup once again at the end, it made no sense why Jubal wouldn’t call the local cops or a SWAT team or have Kristen and Scola meet them there, it was made no sense to have them enter the house without any backup, and it was done just for dramatic effect. This is the second time this season that has happened, and it bugs me. And I didn’t like the detective character, he just had a stick up his ass and served no purpose other than to stir shit up. 

This was a good episode overall.

Edited by Xeliou66
  • Like 1
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, johntfs said:

Honestly Jim shooting up the club was a little bit clever.  By shooting up the club and "just happening" to kill Patrice, he gets everyone looking for a whacko mass shooter instead of for someone with an actual motive to kill her like he had.

I choose to believe that Maggie is always right because the Devil gave her that power in exchange for her soul.  Because Maggie knows the Devil:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0955322/?ref_=nm_knf_t3

True. I guess he had her in his sights and Caleb got in the way. If he did shoot her, it would take a while but roads would lead to him. The roommate and ex boss would mention him. 

• Love 1

Are there only four FBI agents in all of NYC?

Maggie & OA are in either Manhattan or Brooklyn. Perp is tracked as being on the LIE. Possible victim is in Northportt, Long Island.

Maggie & OA get to Northport in a matter of minutes, save the potential victim, kill the perp, and get back to the office in record time (again).

This is more than unbelievable, it is ridiculous. Don't these writers know anything about the geography of NYC and it's surrounding areas. It is bigger than a bread box and generally congested.

I'm finished venting.

• Like 1
  • Love 11

I don't understand why the ex boyfriend didn't just shoot her the second he showed up at the house before the FBI arrived? If you are that pissed off that you decided to shoot her AND a bunch of innocent people at a club to make it look like a hate crime why would you wait to kill her when she is alone in an out of the way location?

• Love 1
4 hours ago, preeya said:

Maggie & OA are in either Manhattan or Brooklyn. Perp is tracked as being on the LIE. Possible victim is in Northportt, Long Island.

Maggie & OA get to Northport in a matter of minutes, save the potential victim, kill the perp, and get back to the office in record time (again).

This is more than unbelievable, it is ridiculous. Don't these writers know anything about the geography of NYC and it's surrounding areas. It is bigger than a bread box and generally congested.

I'm finished venting.

They did bring in the other detective from Bones and the tech girl is now a field agent so they have 2 teams to do the leg work where there used to be only one.

I gave up making sense of TV show timing (getting from A to B in one commercial break just in time to find the criminal there who had hours head start) when I was 5. You have what 42 minutes plus commercials to tell a story in an hour and the real world where the FBI would just have the locals bag the criminal once they figured out who and where they are is gets boring fast. Most Feds and police never shoot anyone, these guys do it every week.

6 hours ago, preeya said:

I'm finished venting.

It would take at least 1.5 hours in usual traffic to get from Midtown Manhattan to Northport - perhaps more. Where was Long Island's SWAT team? I was also worried that the perp was going to run out to the car and shoot Patrice while Maggie was searching the house for him. 

Still do not like Isobel. At least they gave Jubal another scene and more meat than just his usual yelling "listen up people" scene. 

I kept thinking - "blow up your fledgling career, Kristen" by calling that reporter! The cop egging her on was not smart. I like the budding relationship between Kristen and Scola. 

• Love 2
12 hours ago, preeya said:

Sorry about the length.  I just wanted to get the beginning.

• LOL 1
1 hour ago, The Ringo Kidd said:

I boycotted this episode. I will not watch anything that has white supremacy in the blurb. 

That is why I am going to skip Chicago Med this week as it is another Dick Wolf disaster with imaginary villains.

Chicago's, Med, Fire and P.D. are a triple crossover.

1 minute ago, preeya said:

Chicago's, Med, Fire and P.D. are a triple crossover.

I know. I urge everyone to skip them as they are more Dick Wolf nonsense. Anytime you see white supremacy listed in the coming attractions you need to give that show a Pasadena.

Dick Wolf uses a formula that is poisonous and this FBI show is all about it. Beyond preposterous it should be listed in the science fiction section where you can be beamed to East Northport from Manhattan in ten minutes.

Ridiculous tripe.

• LOL 2

Question: Why was the FBI involved in the first place? True, we had that whole "white supremacy First Order" red herring, but that didn't come up until after the detective mentioned that there had been a previous incident. 3 shot, one fatally, at a night club. That is FBI case? Because that's all there was at first!!!! In fact, the moment (early on) that the bartender (?) mentioned that the gunman bypassed people to "apparently have a particular target in mind" (even if they didn't know who the target was, it was obviously personal, not a hate crime, and the police should have handled it!!

16 minutes ago, illdoc said:

Question: Why was the FBI involved in the first place? True, we had that whole "white supremacy First Order" red herring, but that didn't come up until after the detective mentioned that there had been a previous incident. 3 shot, one fatally, at a night club. That is FBI case? Because that's all there was at first!!!! In fact, the moment (early on) that the bartender (?) mentioned that the gunman bypassed people to "apparently have a particular target in mind" (even if they didn't know who the target was, it was obviously personal, not a hate crime, and the police should have handled it!!

And all the club folks certainly seemed like they had previously warned the FBI and not the NYPD 

55 minutes ago, aquarian1 said:

I liked this episode.  I like Maggie, in general, and don't think she's like Benson.  I like her calm.

If she was like Benson, I wouldn't be watching. St. Olivia is unbearable.

• Love 1
On 10/9/2019 at 1:28 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Nope, it did. Being held for mid season. Alana De La Garza was originally in the cast there, but she was moved to FBI original, for whatever reason.

Law & Order, transferred to LA, comes back to a guest spot SVU between other half a season and cancelled shows and now here. Dick Wolf seems protective of some of his troupe, as long as they are not Michael Moriarty.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:10 PM, WendyCR72 said:

Got to love the tried and true tropes. Or not!

I finally caught up, even after the car bomb the Secret Service does not jump in? They subverted my expectations and went the other way with show branding as everybody is FBI, even the "we will give you protection Ms front running  Presidential candidate.

On 10/16/2019 at 4:14 PM, illdoc said:

Question: Why was the FBI involved in the first place? True, we had that whole "white supremacy First Order" red herring, but that didn't come up until after the detective mentioned that there had been a previous incident. 3 shot, one fatally, at a night club. That is FBI case? Because that's all there was at first!!!!

White supremacists had threatened to shoot up the club the week before. I believe violent white supremacist groups are considered by law enforcement to be domestic terrorists and so they come under Federal jurisdiction. In real life I kind of think the DHS would be the agency investigating the original threats, but once the shooting occurred, it wouldn't be surprising that the FBI would be called in because of the previous threats.

• Like 1