Type keyword(s) to search

• Start Topic

(edited)

Off topic, but I really dislike the photo of the OC women at the top of this forum.  It’s creepy.

The rest of them look like they are off to a Halloween party, while Heather looks like she is off to cosplay as a Silverhawk (Partly plastic, partly real!) at some comic con...

Edited by Palimelon
  • LOL 4

Who’s watching the reruns today and hoping that now since Alexis is back, Crazy Drunky Sarah Winchester of “she took the bow off my cake and ate it” fame makes an appearance? 🙋‍♀️That season was so good. 

Sarah vs. Shannon. 😂

• Like 3
  • LOL 7
(edited)

How did Shannon "lose" $300k in the lawsuit with Jim Bellino I thought the case was dropped (?) Were these legal fees, and if so why does she make it seem Alexis owes her (or needs to pay back) the $300k? Especially since this article : https://people.com/tv/rhoc-shannon-beador-wins-defamation-case-against-jim-bellino/ claims 

In addition to having Bellino's case dismissed, Beador was awarded $137,340.25 of the $220,000 she sought for her legal fees.

where does the claim of $300k even come from?

Edited by SweetieDarling
  • Like 7
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 4
2 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

How did Shannon "lose" $300k in the lawsuit with Jim Bellino I thought the case was dropped (?) Were these legal fees, and if so why does she make it seem Alexis owes her (or needs to pay back) the $300k? Especially since this article : https://people.com/tv/rhoc-shannon-beador-wins-defamation-case-against-jim-bellino/ claims 

1) She is always drunk and cannot remember actual facts?  2) She was making it up? I am going with #1.

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, SweetieDarling said:

Tamrat cited the same amount and added she lost $500k.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

I think Heather is all buddies with Jesus J because they both have transgender sons? I feel like I read that they bonded over that? 

Alexis is gross. Just gross. Her arrested development  happened at around 15? The "you ate my bow?" episode is on now, and Alexis has changed literally not at all. Maybe less Jesus, but more jugs, and even dumber. To her, a man with "money" is the ultimate prize and the only way to get them is to look like a blowup doll and worship them. It's gross, and I'm just glad they haven't brought back Gretchen and Slade (and their BS) because it's too much ick for one cast. I really hope Alexis is stunt casting and we won't see her a lot, but I have a feeling my hopes will be dashed...

Shannon. SHANNON. I have a family full of alcoholics. I have vast experience with pretty much every single brand of problem drinkers, and Shannon is just a garden variety upper-middle class alcoholic. The control, the repression, the outbursts, the denial, the fakery, the entitlement, the dramatic scenes - this woman could be my aunt, and both of them need rehab. Her daughters playing along, just going through the motions, happy they have lives to go back to. And good lord their dad is David - they have no where to run, lol. I have about as much interest in Shannon's redemption arc as I did Tom Sandoval's. Bye wigs. 

I didn't watch the show when Tamra wasn't on it - I sort of jumped back into it during a marathon my sister was watching. But I was weirdly happy to see her. She knows how to housewife. And Eddie really does seem to be a stand-up guy who seems to really love her. (If there's some article about Eddie kicking dogs or something please don't tell me, heh.)

I've always liked Gina okay. I'm fascinated by her eye makeup and inconsistent hair style choices. 

Emily looks great but she looked great before. 

I am a fan of Heather Paige Kent and I always will be. (Her name change was null and void after Sarah Winchester ate the bow on that cake!) Her blue dress was lovely. The ladies crowding by the window to watch Shannon and Alexis cracked me up. This is a good cast. And no Vicki. Refreshing. 

Looking forward to getting to know the newbie. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, RoseAllDay said:

Who’s watching the reruns today and hoping that now since Alexis is back, Crazy Drunky Sarah Winchester of “she took the bow off my cake and ate it” fame makes an appearance? 🙋‍♀️That season was so good. 

Sarah vs. Shannon. 😂

That was my favorite season! Sarah Winchester (who I guess wasn't really an heiress) was so drunk and out of it all the time. “a f***ing bow!" 

Alexis definitely is defined by having a man love her. She chased off Peggy (who left IMO because no one really took her side for not telling Alexis about her past with her husband Jim at the time). 

Alexis has aged a bit, but she does seem happy to be back, and she doesn't have great taste in men, so...

• Like 4
5 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

How is a church thrift store punishment?

She has to wait on poor people.

Seriously, that is what her PO approved as a punishment?

17 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

That was my favorite season! Sarah Winchester (who I guess wasn't really an heiress) was so drunk and out of it all the time. “a f***ing bow!" 

That was comedy gold Jerry, gold!

I am hoping that New Girl Katie eats Heather's bow.

I don't remember why Alexis and Jim divorced, did we even know?

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, SweetieDarling said:

The legal fees defending herself. Tamra's were higher because the claims against Shannon were dismissed first.

I too have a soft spot for Shannon. I also take issue when people demand sobriety from others. Yes, she made a huge mistake driving drunk. Does that automatically mean that she's an alcoholic? Nope. Harping on the alcohol as a way to continually shame her is petty & mean. But of course that's Tamra...

I really wish Shannon had laughed or clapped after Alexis said the line she'd been practicing in the mirror for weeks. Such an embarrassingly obvious pick me girl. 

• Like 19
7 hours ago, njbchlover said:

Alexis is very much someone who needs to show off that she has "her man"....I think that is how she measures her self-esteem.

I remember several years ago, after she left RHOC and divorced Jim Bellino, she was a "guest" on Below Deck with her then fiance (wonder what happened to him??), who actually seemed like a nice enough guy.  She acted like a silly, giggling, giddy middle-school girl with her first boyfriend-climbing all over him, constantly kissing, grabbing and full on body contact, all for the cameras to capture.  She was pretty revolting, because it seemed like it was all for show and not genuine. 

I don't like Alexis - I find her vapid, not very intelligent, self-serving and very conceited*.  I also think that she deserves everything she gets with John Janssen, who is an asshole.

*I guess that could be said about ALL the housewives, except some may be better at concealing some of those traits!  🤣

I agree about Alexis and remember that Below Deck episode; it was embarrassing to watch and the crew members were put off by her behavior as well.

I think she came in looking for a fight with Shannon based on her new relationship with Shannon’s ex.  She wasn’t prepared for the idea that Shannon’s problem with her isn’t about John (whom she’s well rid of), but about the legal problems Alexis and her then-husband put her through.  So she had to throw in the “I’m the new, you’re the ex” comment to try to reframe the conflict; but Shannon either really doesn’t care (hopefully) or has enough sense to make it seem that she doesn’t.

I thought it was telling that even though most of the women have issues with Shannon and think she’s in denial about her drinking, they still seemed to be on her side vs. Alexis (the “Barbie Doll” as Gina put it).  Shannon did deliver a sincere and unexpected apology to Gina which may have played into that, but there’s also the fact that these women have known John much longer than Alexis has and don’t believe that “to know him is to love him.”  They must be wondering if she’s with him as an avenue to get back on the show (and if he’s with her for the same reason).

I do give Alexis credit for wholeheartedly accepting that her son is her son, which is probably why she and Heather have any kind of friendship (given their history and personalities, that’s the only reason I can think of).  I doubt her son’s father is equally accepting and her religious beliefs as they were portrayed in her original run would have precluded that.  So I’m glad that she put her love for her son as a person in front of anything else.  I still don’t like her or have much respect for her intellect, but I’ll give credit where credit is due.

• Like 10
  • Love 2

Alexis grabbed a hold of John Jannsen as her ticket back to the show. Manaconda aside, he's a bit of a wet blanket like Vicki's Steve, who kept the interesting stuff off camera.

It's something when the unrepentant town drunk is the lovable one. I hope she's hired a driver. I couldn't bear it if something happened to Archie.

• Like 9

My take on Gina is that she making a lot more money on HW than when she first moved in with Travis. She doesn't need his financial help with household expenses and she wants her home to her self. If I am not mistaken she purchased that house and I don't blame her for not wanting to sell and buy or rent something with Travis. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, 65mickey said:

My take on Gina is that she making a lot more money on HW than when she first moved in with Travis. She doesn't need his financial help with household expenses and she wants her home to her self.

If I recall correctly, Travis ex was making a lot of accusations about Gina and the custody battle was quite contentious with threats, restraining orders, etc..

While she didn't directly say it, the move to separate their living situation was likely driven by legal advice. They're still together as a couple and Gina really does sell real estate.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Useful 7

I thought Tamra and Simon were on better terms but I guess not. He was fine letting his kids film when he was on the show but kept Sophia off all this time.  Kind of petty. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Oh wow, interesting article.

Travis' ex is an unhinged lunatic.  He had to file a restraining order against her to stay away from Gina, plus stay away from her own children.

That's why Gina moved out, to protect not only herself, but to protect Travis' children.  With Gina there, the ex was stalking them and making threats, so to help calm down the ex, Gina moved out as the ex had already violated the order once, and they were worried that this sociopath would harm her own children.

Travis appears to be a nice, levelheaded guy who, like Gina, was attracted to the wrong woman.

Protect the kids at all costs.

• Like 6
  • Useful 3
  • LOL 1

Well this was a great first episode and appears to be a great season! Thank goodness because Dubai and Jersey are boring me. 

I wondered how the heck Jennifer had that house as a yoga instructor. I really like her and wish her the best with her life. She is a breath of fresh air on this show.

Shannon did look fabulous. I got the impression she felt she needed boobs up and waist cinched in because of Jesus Jugs Barbie. Curious what the truth is about whether or not Alexis signed the letter. The lawsuit was bullshit, and I felt bad for both Shannon and Tamra. 

I was also confused about it being more affordable to live apart per Gina. Wouldn't two separate places cost more money? 

I liked Heather's blue dress. 

Emily looks great, but I hope she doesn't give in to pressure to be tiny and prioritizes health over being a certain dress size. Maybe unpopular, but I want more Shane. I think he's funny and cute. 

It was interesting seeing Tamra's daughter Sophia. It's always trippy that one of the nuttier Housewives married such a seemingly nice, even-keeled guy like Eddie. Maybe a combo of Tamra being pretty normal when she's not stirring it up for the show and then opposites attract. The situation with Sydney is so sad, but I don't think talking about it is going to help. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Travis' ex is an unhinged lunatic.  He had to file a restraining order against her to stay away from Gina, plus stay away from her own children.

That's why Gina moved out, to protect not only herself, but to protect Travis' children.  With Gina there, the ex was stalking them and making threats, so to help calm down the ex, Gina moved out as the ex had already violated the order once, and they were worried that this sociopath would harm her own children.

Travis appears to be a nice, levelheaded guy who, like Gina, was attracted to the wrong woman.

This would have been far more interesting a reason for Travis to move out than the story Gina told on the show, the legalities are real especially if there was a restraining order. 

• Like 4
(edited)
16 hours ago, snarts said:

I too have a soft spot for Shannon. I also take issue when people demand sobriety from others. Yes, she made a huge mistake driving drunk. Does that automatically mean that she's an alcoholic? Nope. 

I’m sorry we have all watched this show she has been drunk and not just tipsy but drunk DRUNK and out of it  from her first season and it was mentioned waaaaaaay back then in passing .. she has had someone atleast every season make a comment about the drinking and wishing she would watch it . seriously.. this was her first “accident” being caught this wasn’t her first accident..  I mean to have the forethought in that state to pretend to “walk the dog” when the cops found her she’s done this previously ..

she’s an alcoholic. I will die on this hill 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 8
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 6

I hate that Tamra is back, she is such a mean person.   When I heard that Alexis got her divorce I remember thinking at the time I'd be curious to see what she would be like if she came back to the show without him, has she grown as a person?  But no, she has not.

• Like 22
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

I’m sorry we have all watched this show she has been drunk and not just tipsy but drunk DRUNK and out of it  from her first season and it was mentioned waaaaaaay back then in passing .. she has had someone atleast every season make a comment about the drinking and wishing she would watch it . seriously.. this was her first “accident” being caught this wasn’t her first accident..  I mean to have the forethought in that state to pretend to “walk the dog” when the cops found her she’s done this previously ..

she’s an alcoholic. I will die on this hill 

I like Shannon but I've thought she has a problem with alcohol for a long time too.

• Like 10
  • Sad 1
5 minutes ago, RealHousewife said:

I like Shannon but I've thought she has a problem with alcohol for a long time too.

And if we’re wrong that’s Amazing .. I want to be wrong but I don’t think I am 

• Like 3
On 7/12/2024 at 7:45 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I screamed that at the tv last night! Now two rents or mortgages, utilities, now he has to buy furniture, etc...Gina could have rented out her place and they could have rented a larger house together maybe, aren't they both in real estate, they could have made it happen.

Shannon and Alexis should both realize that Johnny J is a user but I guess since there is a dick involved the women just cannot think straight, are dicks that rare for women over 40 in the OC that they have to go nuts over the one they get or got?  Wait until they get even older and they realize that a man who can drive at night becomes the prize, lol!

Since when did Gina's hair get so thick and healthy? Like really gorgeous hair, how?

Heather seems to be auditioning for a house flipping show. Terry's hair looks like he dyed it. And if you ask me, get the helipad, no house worth it's salt would be without one, they can put it behind the guest house, like why is it even a question, duh!

I loved how Gina dropped Sutton's name but I am trying to figure out why Sutton is friends with Gina, I do not see them having anything in common other than being on HW shows, I love Sutton, she can do no wrong.

Was Emily there? LOL.

Katie could be interesting, I do like the idea of her needling Fancy Pants a little bit, maybe she will eat Heather's bow.

Tamra might be nice-ish this season since now she has good money coming in and a house in Big Bear, she might feel a little more secure, who knows.

Agee 100% about Heather, she is trying to pitch a house flipping show. Why did we need to meet her contracting team?? I have never liked Heather and if she does get her own show....Bon Voyage. She pretends to be friends with these women. I don't think she truly likes any of them, looks down on them, and always will. 

Shocked about any back and forth over John, he is gross and seems broke. I always felt he treated Shannon terribly so strange that Alexis is acting like she won a prize.  Sometimes women think they will get a different man, the real one just hasn't shown up yet JJ!!!

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
On 7/11/2024 at 4:51 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

Todays the day .. I have missed talking housewives :) and this and BH being the last shows standing with me since they are waiting so long to start Miami 

I had no idea this started again. Little promo of this.  I suddenly saw a mention somewhere. I will watch the episode and come back to read comments. 

• Like 1
(edited)

Wait what Alexis is back and she’s with Shannon’s John?  What crazy fun!  

This show and New York are the only two I’ve never quit. 

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 2

I strongly believe that if you’re old enough to be carrying an AARP card, your nickname should not be Johnny J.

• Applause 1
  • LOL 22
3 hours ago, RealHousewife said:

I was bored today and rewatched the season that was filmed during covid when they all went to Brownwyn's vow renewal. Shannon got falling down sloppy drunk at the reception in front her children. She go up the next morning acting like nothing was wrong. I will say that John was very kind to her and made sure that she was Ok. He went above and beyond what a lot of men would have put up with. I do not think that Shannon has accepted that she has an alcohol problem but it seems obvious to me that she does. 

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, 65mickey said:

I was bored today and rewatched the season that was filmed during covid when they all went to Brownwyn's vow renewal. Shannon got falling down sloppy drunk at the reception in front her children. She go up the next morning acting like nothing was wrong. I will say that John was very kind to her and made sure that she was Ok. He went above and beyond what a lot of men would have put up with. I do not think that Shannon has accepted that she has an alcohol problem but it seems obvious to me that she does. 

I remember that! I remember thinking Braunwynn clearly wasn’t the only one who had an issue. If you cannot be without alcohol and get that sloppy drunk, there is a problem. 

Edited by RealHousewife
  • Like 9
7 hours ago, Starlight925 said:

Separating just gives the ex what she wants, and seems to make Travis' kids more vulnerable with him on his own. Safety in numbers, I'd think. Although, it makes Gina's kids safer which is probably her main motivation and I don't blame her a bit.    She might be realizing she doesn't love Travis enough to have his ex in her kid's lives long-term. She'll always be his kids Mom, and that type of obsessive never gives up for good.  I don't see their relationship surviving, but I don't blame Gina.  I'd put my kid's safety above anything or anyone.

• Like 3
(edited)
On 7/12/2024 at 7:45 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

I screamed that at the tv last night! Now two rents or mortgages, utilities, now he has to buy furniture, etc...Gina could have rented out her place and they could have rented a larger house together maybe, aren't they both in real estate, they could have made it happen.

Shannon and Alexis should both realize that Johnny J is a user but I guess since there is a dick involved the women just cannot think straight, are dicks that rare for women over 40 in the OC that they have to go nuts over the one they get or got?  Wait until they get even older and they realize that a man who can drive at night becomes the prize, lol!

Since when did Gina's hair get so thick and healthy? Like really gorgeous hair, how?

Heather seems to be auditioning for a house flipping show. Terry's hair looks like he dyed it. And if you ask me, get the helipad, no house worth it's salt would be without one, they can put it behind the guest house, like why is it even a question, duh!

I loved how Gina dropped Sutton's name but I am trying to figure out why Sutton is friends with Gina, I do not see them having anything in common other than being on HW shows, I love Sutton, she can do no wrong.

Was Emily there? LOL.

Katie could be interesting, I do like the idea of her needling Fancy Pants a little bit, maybe she will eat Heather's bow.

Tamra might be nice-ish this season since now she has good money coming in and a house in Big Bear, she might feel a little more secure, who knows.

A spoiler, but according to Gina's Insta, she and Travis are still together. The season started filming in January.

Gina has no connection to Sutton. She even said that Katie just moved to the OC, and needs friends. So, I doubt she even knows Katie (she probably helped her to buy a house?), it's the usual HW/Bravo trick that one HW has to introduce another to the group. 

Tamra has a successful CDB business, and podcast for years. The couple also seems not to overspend. They still live at Eddie's house. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Useful 2
(edited)
On 7/12/2024 at 11:28 AM, dosodog said:

Does Tamra have any kids that actually like her? Kudos to Sophia for shutting the family shit talking down, immediately.  "I'm not talking about Dad" and "I'm not talking about Sidney". Loved it! Left Tamra floundering.

Gina. If you thought Travis' ex wife was a problem before? How do you think she is going to react to you talking about her, when she doesn't have a national TV platform to respond on? I'm guessing not well.

Gina was all puffed up to confront Shannon and then deflated as soon as Shannon apologized to her. IIRC, it was a proper apology too.  No "if I did something...". Just "I was wrong". 

Alexis has the maturity level of a junior high insecure adolescent. First, where did the "Shannon doesn't own the Quiet Woman". Where did that come from? Why even bring it up? She, at this point, knew JayJay for what a month? And she's already riding that hard for him? Weird. Her behavior is making me cringe. 

I did find the ladies crowding at the window amusing! Alexis with her "I'm the new and your the ex" tells me Alexis puts high value on having a man in her life. A man that none of the other women respect and think is a douche...loved Emily for that!

Tamra is going to make Shannon's DUI her story this year. She hates Shannon and always has. I hope Shannon truly, finally, understands that and doesn't give her any thoughts this season.

Shannon. I don't think she fully learned a lesson. I do think she's had some realization about her drinking. But she still doesn't fully understand the ramifications of her actions and choices. If she's going to drink, Uber needs to be her best friend.

Tamra's son (Spencer), and daughter (Sophia) not only stayed with her, and always supported her, they don't talk to Simon, or did in the past. Spencer who is older than Sophia didn't even want Simon to attend his graduation.

I also find strange that Gina never discussed any issues regarding Matt's ex wife before when they are together for four and a half years. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 1
  • Useful 2
On 7/11/2024 at 9:23 PM, RoseAllDay said:

I thought they were buying a penthouse in LA? I can’t keep up with the ostentatious display of conspicuous consumption. 

Truly, where do the Dubrows get all of their money? Plastic surgery and reality TV gigs can't be that lucrative, can they? Are they brilliant investors? Is there family money? Is this another Tom Girardi situation? 

I'm intrigued....

• Like 5
On 7/12/2024 at 4:03 AM, bravofan27 said:

Tamra has had her mean seasons, and she had had her nicer seasons, and this I think will be one of her meaner seasons. 

Tamra has had nice seasons?

Ugh, from the trailer it looks like the women will go after Shannon and Heather this season. I mean fine, I guess, but it seems like they're harping on Shannon's substance abuse problem that she will not acknowledge, which is pretty depressing, and with Heather I get the sense that they're always grasping at straws to find reasons to be angry at her. (Heather can be annoying! But their anger at her always seems disproportionate, to me.) Meanwhile, when will Tamra Judge get her comeuppance??? When, people?? The infamous crying-in-a-bush scene doesn't quite cut the mustard.

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)
On 7/12/2024 at 1:25 PM, UsernameFatigue said:

I can't remember, do Travis and Gina still live in the place where they had all the kids crammed into one room in bunk beds? Four and a half years later, they would certainly need some other arrangement but as other have said, it makes no sense to pay for two homes. Which I think is why Travis is very clear without saying it that he knows Gina's argument is B.S. 

Gina always goes on and on about how well she and Matt co-parent. Which is pretty ironic considering that when she and Matt were together, she was basically a single mother, while Matt carried on his double life in another city. Sheesh. But I do think that if Matt wanted to reconcile she would be back with him in a New York minute. 

I found Alexis and Shannon's convo to be pretty funny. While declaring herself to be the winner of Johnny J (what a prize) Alexis showed that she is still the vapid, insecure person she has always been. This season should be entertaining for that reason alone. 

Travis and Gina always lived at this townhouse. I suspect it might be a storyline, although Travis looked upset, and links posted on this thread indicate there might be a legal issue with the ex wife. But those issues were a little older, and this scene was filmed in January.

The season premiere was good because of the Shannon/Alexis showdown. And like someone else mentioned, it was funny Shannon didn't care about the John/Alexis hookup, but because she lost a large amount in the lawsuit. 

On 7/12/2024 at 1:57 PM, Natalie68 said:

I don't like this AT ALL.  She shouldn't be allowed to volunteer at HER church.  Feed the homeless, work in a morgue, pick up trash.  How is a church thrift store punishment?

It's not punishment at all. In fact, I don't doubt a church thrift store in Newport Beach has designer items, and we know Shannon bought designer bags, and clothes from consignment stores before....

Edited by ZettaK
  • Applause 1
(edited)
On 7/12/2024 at 8:10 PM, Mstk3000 said:

I do give Alexis credit for wholeheartedly accepting that her son is her son, which is probably why she and Heather have any kind of friendship (given their history and personalities, that’s the only reason I can think of).  I doubt her son’s father is equally accepting and her religious beliefs as they were portrayed in her original run would have precluded that.  So I’m glad that she put her love for her son as a person in front of anything else.  I still don’t like her or have much respect for her intellect, but I’ll give credit where credit is due.

I checked Jim Bellino's Instagram months ago (he was off social media for some years, but he is on again for some time), and he seems to be fine with his son (posting about all his kids, etc.).

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 4
  • Useful 1
16 minutes ago, ZettaK said:

I checked Jim Bellino's Instagram months ago (he was off social media for some years, but he is on again for some time), and he seems to be fine with his son (posting about all his kids, etc.).

I am surprised and pleased to hear that.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ladle said:

Truly, where do the Dubrows get all of their money? Plastic surgery and reality TV gigs can't be that lucrative, can they? Are they brilliant investors? Is there family money? Is this another Tom Girardi situation? 

I'm intrigued....

They buy, renovate, or build houses and flip them for profit for decades according to an interview Terry gave. The last two houses we saw on the OC HWs (and soon on Million Dollar Listing Los Angeles which is airing right now) were sold for huge profit - I'm sure the HW publicity helped. A big portion of their income is from flipping real estate.

• Useful 4
On 7/12/2024 at 8:09 PM, snarts said:

I too have a soft spot for Shannon. I also take issue when people demand sobriety from others. Yes, she made a huge mistake driving drunk. Does that automatically mean that she's an alcoholic? Nope. Harping on the alcohol as a way to continually shame her is petty & mean. But of course that's Tamra...

I usually would agree with this if the DUI were an isolated incident, but in Shannon’s case we have seen so many instances of blacking out/forgetting/poor decisions related to alcohol that it seems clear to me that she has some sort of problem. That said, if the whole season is the women shaming Shannon and telling her she’s in denial, that’s not going to make for an interesting or fun season of TV. 

• Like 9
9 hours ago, ZettaK said:

it was funny Shannon didn't care about the John/Alexis hookup, but because she lost a large amount in the lawsuit. 

I think she cares about the John/Alexis hookup. She considered John her "husband" and called him that at the reunion. She also referred to having a blended family with John. The more Alexis throws this in her face the crazier Shannon will become. And Andy Cohen is salivating waiting for the cat fight. 

• Like 8
  • Sad 2
  • Useful 1

Here's the thing about Tamra: 

I loathe Tamra. I loathe her maybe more than any other housewife across all of the franchises, or at least she's in a dead heat with Brandi.

However, I'm willing to wager that she's a much different person when she's not filming. Even watching her on UGT and Traitors -- she was very toned down on those shows. She is someone who does Housewives like a job. I think that explains Heather's weird reaction to Tamra in the last reunion. They were oddly chill with each other despite everything that went down on the season because Heather also, to a certain extent, understands this show as performative and is playing a role. 

Shannon is the opposite. For someone like Shannon, who is basically an open wound of a person, all of the emotions and intimacies of this show are truly "real." That's why it's been interesting to watch her, because we're witnessing her genuine reactions and insecurities, and it's also so easy for someone like Tamra to take advantage of that. 

And, Tamra is still an awful human being, because she's vicious, goes for the jugular, and she's messing with real people's lives, even if she justifies it as all for show.

But, do I believe she could have a good relationship with Spencer and Sophia? Sure. Because I don't think I know what real relationships she has. 

• Like 12
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, ladle said:

I'm intrigued....

Mortgaged to the hilt is what I always think. They are lucky to be able to sell their homes for profit, they maybe good risks as far as the bank is concerned but I remember when Alexis and Jim would move every 6 months and all the other HW's made not so nice comments about that...Heather moves just as much, lol. 

• Like 6

Didn't Alexis and Jim rent though? I feel like this was something that annoyed Heather along with Alexis wearing fake diamonds

• Like 4
1 minute ago, Wicked said:

Didn't Alexis and Jim rent though? I feel like this was something that annoyed Heather along with Alexis wearing fake diamonds

Yes, rental homes, rented cars, fake jewelry, etc...they were so showy about all that crap it annoyed the others since she talked a game and couldn't be real about anything, I personally thought their kids were rentals as well, lol.

Heather can walk the walk and talk the talk when it comes to her lifestyle, she has never told how many carats her ring was or bragged about the cars in their garage, she does talk about the real estate and helicopter rides but she is being real about how she lives. Don't make me defend Heather, she can be a prig and a show off but she can back up everything about her life, Alexis is insecure about her standing and will live a lie, we have seen it happen.

Maybe Alexis will eat Heather's bow. (When I write that sentence I hear it in my head as "Maybe a dingo ate your baby,").

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
(edited)
3 hours ago, ladle said:

And, Tamra is still an awful human being, because she's vicious, goes for the jugular, and she's messing with real people's lives, even if she justifies it as all for show.

Thank you. This is exactly why Tamra (along with Rinna/BH, Marge/NJ and Dorinda/NY) are my most absolute most hated housewives. They're just vicious, nasty people who will do or say anything for the show. 

I root for and enjoy watching those that are often flawed but generally goodhearted. If they make me laugh, all the better.

Edited by snarts
  • Like 13
  • Applause 1
(edited)

While I appreciate that Alexis rehearsed (what she believed to be) a zinger, “There’s the door, Shannon Beador” would have landed a bit better if their big confrontation didn’t occur outdoors. But the best part of the entire episode was Alexis and Shannon carrying that table together to set up the shot because they wanted to tell each other off in the shade.

I feel like an idiot for not realizing bringing a friend to the party means this is a new cast member. But it was really odd how the whole cast was contorting themselves to spy through the window and the real estate agent or whomever she was was peeping right there with them. It was giving me flashes of Lori the hairdresser on RHNJ sneaking into Danielle’s VIP area. We don’t even know you lady, go stand by the vision board with the rest of the riff raff. Then I realize she must be a new cast member so we have to pretend she is emotionally invested in this feud. Okayyy.

Edited by JenE4
  • Like 1
  • LOL 12