Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E17: End of the Line

• Start Topic

(edited)

"Ben deals with the fallout of disrespecting Capt. Kerry; Kyle struggles to keep his clothes on; Sunny debates if there's a future for her and Ben off the boat; buried tensions come to a head resulting in a fierce fight that shocks the entire crew."

Airs 05/27/24

Edited by aqusdealer

They made it dramatic, about Ben and Kyle not sorting their cabin.

Kerry had his expletive-laced dressing down of the two deck crew.

Then they took 5-10 minutes and it was okay.  Later Ben apologized to the cabin.

Of course they completely overlooked that he slept with Sunny the whole season, one of his directs and "promoted" her.

So people on Team Barbie might have taken the loss on this one.  She leaves at 2 AM, figuratively flipping off Kyle and the rest of the crew.  She going to some resort to check into a seaside villa.

She realized she can't be friends with these people because she's an alpha and they're all betas!

Some of that might have been performative.  Maybe the showmance was for show after all.

Last night out for the crew and she couldn't be chill, night before they were all to depart in the morning.

What set her off was nothing, just some comment, which most people would shrug off as a backhanded compliment.

Hey it's a nice departure from the all-hugs parade in season finales.

So no reunion, not even guest appearance on WWHL.  They're going right into BD Mediterranean next week.  Bravo will keep running the franchise to the ground until the wheels fall off.  But even they may no longer GAF.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
5 hours ago, aghst said:

Then they took 5-10 minutes and it was okay.  Later Ben apologized to the cabin.

I laughed way too hard at this, imagining Ben apologizing to his cabin :)

What I took from their last night was that Xandi is only comfortable trash talking behind the scenes. When confronted, she turns on the waterworks and starts playing the victim.

Barbie wasn't attacking her, she was defending herself. Was she loud and drunkenly irrational? Yes, but I'd argue Xandi was even worse, crying & carrying on as if she didn't start the whole thing by being bitchy for no reason on their night out. 

• Like 15
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
32 minutes ago, snarts said:

What I took from their last night was that Xandi is only comfortable trash talking behind the scenes. When confronted, she turns on the waterworks and starts playing the victim.

Barbie wasn't attacking her, she was defending herself. Was she loud and drunkenly irrational? Yes, but I'd argue Xandi was even worse, crying & carrying on as if she didn't start the whole thing by being bitchy for no reason on their night out. 

They all drink too much and are out of control.  The next day no one seemed to care about Barbie’S departure at all and I kind of found that somewhat telling.  

• Like 13
7 hours ago, aghst said:
7 hours ago, aghst said:

She realized she can't be friends with these people because she's an alpha and they're all betas!

Or maybe she realized that she can't be friends with these people because they don't treat her like the princess that she thinks she is. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1

As the season was ending I couldn’t help but think of how indifferent I would feel if a torpedo rammed into the side of the yacht. 🤷🏻‍♂️

• LOL 13
1 hour ago, snarts said:

I blinked and missed what Barbie said that made Xandi cry but it didn't matter because Xandi started things by making an unnecessary comment but what I find unforgivable and unprofessional was Fraser's actions during all that. 

First thing the next morning he should have gone to Capt. Kerry and told him one of his staff left in the wee hours of the morning and of all things Kerry was unfazed by Fraser not telling him immediately?  Fraser does not have the emotional maturity to be a leader since his abilities in conflict resolution are played out more like mean girls than anything else. I do not like Fraser, he is trying to be Kate Chastain and she was no picnic either. 

Barbie was a good stew, competent and had a good work ethic, asking for breaks is not the big deal Fraser made it out to be, if she was working for 12 hours he should realize his staff needs a break in order to work well. 

I will never be mad that Barbie comes from privilege, she wanted to be in the trenches working, she never made the group wait until she was done primping before an evening out, she never lorded daddy's money over anyone making them feel bad for having to work for a living. 

Kyle was never going be her boyfriend off the boat and I do not blame Barbie for being fed up with his constant drinking and undressing in public, most of us would have no patience for that sort behavior. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 3
  • Love 3

I noticed they really glossed over the last dinner. They only showed one course and then, briefly, the cake. The crew didn't even gather around to sing Happy Birthday. Not that we saw, anyway. I guess they knew most of the episode would be taken up by Barbie's meltdown.

That place with the waterfall, where they all went to dinner, haven't we seen this location before? Didn't someone get married there? I seem to recall a double ceremony. Maybe it was a different location that just looked like it.

RE: Barbie's temper tantrum, I just think it was a culmination of too much alcohol, exhaustion and immaturity. It's clear that she's a pampered Daddy's girl who is used to constant validation. She's said as much so on several occasions. She seems to have a fairly good work ethic but struggles being part of a team because she's used to constant praise. 

I won't excuse her because I think she's an entitled little snowflake, but Fraser was even worse in some ways because he's supposed to be the boss and he did nothing to shut this shit down, he just sat there while all three stews were screaming at each other. Then while Barbie was packing her things and throwing her little temper tantrum he just sort of stuck his head out of his cabin and smiled in wonder. The next morning he didn't even know she left. I guess it didn't matter at that point since charters were over and they were all leaving anyway, but still. Not a great look for him.

I also wondered where the hell Captain Kerry was during all this screaming. There's no way he could have been on the boat and not heard all of this. He must get off the boat and go somewhere else when they're in port.

Overall I'd say this was one of the weakest seasons ever. The franchise is getting really stale with the tacky recruited guests and the boring crew hookups. It might be time to stick a fork in it all.

• Like 14
  • Love 1

I think it might have been the same venue because the cast seem to recognize the waterfall as they rolled up in the taxis.

Owner of the restaurant must have given them a lot of latitude on what they could do.  Several of the guys stripped, not just Kyle, to jump into the water.

They either got the whole place to themselves or they didn’t care about other patrons to jump naked into the water.

And it wouldn’t be surprising if the producers prodded or planted the idea in their heads.

It didn’t look spontaneous.  Kyle started stripping before dinner, Barbie got him to come back and then they had dinner and then several of them stripped and jumped in.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
4 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Barbie was a good stew, competent and had a good work ethic

{snip}

Kyle was never going be her boyfriend off the boat and I do not blame Barbie for being fed up with his constant drinking and undressing in public, most of us would have no patience for that sort behavior. 

When I first started watching, I was a bit put off by Barbie bragging about how she was so privileged and her Dad took care of her and she only worked to buy the designer bags and shoes. I ended up liking her. She does have a good work ethic, and did well with tablescapes. 

As for Kyle, I'm not personally offended by nudity, but I'd be mortified if I was with someone who flashed their nethers in public.  He was also blackout drunk, which is never attractive.

• Like 9
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, snarts said:

I often double task when I watch this show, and  I shouldn't as it's not an easy show to follow due to pieced together editing and hard to understand dialogue.  I don't recollect Xandi being on camera much except when she was out drinking with the group.  I wasn't aware she had issues with Barbie but I could have missed that.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, endure said:

I don't recollect Xandi being on camera much except when she was out drinking with the group.  I wasn't aware she had issues with Barbie but I could have missed that.

At one point, Xandi said Barbie was "spinning" - meaning she was running around looking like she was busy but not really doing that much work. And both she and Fraser had issues with her attitude early on. So I don't think it's just a case of personal bias against her.

I thought it was very telling when she was by herself pouting that she wanted to go home so her parents could comfort her and tell her she's a good person. I think it's pretty clear she grew up with parents who constantly told her how great she was, and she expects that in the work environment. I hate to be the old fogey who complains about this generation being snowflakes who expect participation trophies but, by gum, we've sure seen examples of that.

• Like 7
  • Applause 5
  • Love 2

Look, I have to say I was completely with Frasier on this last night. Barbie was having a tantrum, like the spoiled baby she is. Xandi was having a meltdown too from unexpressed anxiety and frustrations over working with Barbie. His job dealing with these drama queens is over so let them burn out. What is the point of inserting yourself into the battle? He doesn't have to manage them any more. And the entire crew's complete lack of compassion for Barbie speaks volumes. Buh-BYE, you stupid self-absorbed whiner. She's an Alpha? That's rich. Alphas don't require constant praise and compliments. 

• Like 10
  • Fire 4
  • Applause 1
33 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

Look, I have to say I was completely with Frasier on this last night. Barbie was having a tantrum, like the spoiled baby she is. Xandi was having a meltdown too from unexpressed anxiety and frustrations over working with Barbie. His job dealing with these drama queens is over so let them burn out. What is the point of inserting yourself into the battle? He doesn't have to manage them any more. And the entire crew's complete lack of compassion for Barbie speaks volumes. Buh-BYE, you stupid self-absorbed whiner. She's an Alpha? That's rich. Alphas don't require constant praise and compliments. 

I think you're probably right and Barbie can def be annoying, I guess I just wasn't aware none of them liked her, I think I saw her being almost bullied sometimes. I still don't support Xandi's behaviour either and both were drunk.

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, aghst said:

I don't see anything on the schedule when I looked.  BD Med is on at 9 PM next Monday.

I think I will hate watch this.

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
2 hours ago, Red Bridey said:

And the entire crew's complete lack of compassion for Barbie speaks volumes.

I don't think the crew actively disliked her, I just think they all thought her temper tantrum was hilarious.

2 hours ago, tvfanatic13 said:

I was not aware that there was no reunion. I wonder why. Anyone have intel?

They've been doing those less and less every season. 

• Like 2
15 hours ago, endure said:

I think you're probably right and Barbie can def be annoying, I guess I just wasn't aware none of them liked her, I think I saw her being almost bullied sometimes. I still don't support Xandi's behaviour either and both were drunk.

The whole scene in the car struck me as a bunch of people who finally felt like, with the end of the season there anyway, they had enough cover to basically pick on the pretty girl they were all jealous of in high school, it was like a pack of hyenas. No one handled it well, honestly, but isn't that the whole point of edging this group up to alcohol poisoning? Any normal, sober adult would have said "Why am I going to bother with this potential argument, I'm never going to see her again after tomorrow."

Awful season. Felt like it was 65 episodes. THank god there's not a "Next week, on the first of eight parts of the reunion..."

• Like 6
32 minutes ago, Uncle JUICE said:

The whole scene in the car struck me as a bunch of people who finally felt like, with the end of the season there anyway, they had enough cover to basically pick on the pretty girl they were all jealous of in high school, it was like a pack of hyenas. No one handled it well, honestly, 

I disagree. You had Barbie, who was in a full- blown tantrum. You had her boo Kyle, who was telling her to relax and be quiet. You had Paris, telling her to shut up. In another row Xandi was crying. You had Frasier who refused to engage with the backseat argument and was trying to calm Xandi down. And then there was Dylan, right? In between Frasier and Xandi just wondering what the f was going on. Nobody was piling on Barbie other than to tell her to be quiet. I think the deck crew mostly got along with Barbie because they didn't work with her very much so they didn't really care one way or another if she was lazy or not.

• Like 5
43 minutes ago, Red Bridey said:

I disagree. You had Barbie, who was in a full- blown tantrum. You had her boo Kyle, who was telling her to relax and be quiet. You had Paris, telling her to shut up. In another row Xandi was crying. You had Frasier who refused to engage with the backseat argument and was trying to calm Xandi down. And then there was Dylan, right? In between Frasier and Xandi just wondering what the f was going on. Nobody was piling on Barbie other than to tell her to be quiet. I think the deck crew mostly got along with Barbie because they didn't work with her very much so they didn't really care one way or another if she was lazy or not.

A fair counterpoint. Let's agree: everyone in that car is an asshole. 

• Like 6
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 3
14 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I don't think the crew actively disliked her, I just think they all thought her temper tantrum was hilarious.

They've been doing those less and less every season. 

Hasn't it been quite a while (years) since we last saw a full blown Below Deck reunion? 

2 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

Fraser had issues with her at the beginning, which they did talk out and I thought it was squashed but only on Barbie's side.  Fraser turned both Stews against her, so nothing she did was right.  She was pretty self-aware that she grew up with privilege but it appears her dad installed good work ethics in her.  She worked hard but got very little support from Frasier or the other stews.  I thought Xandi was mediocre at best.  All she liked doing was laundry.  Why did Frasier make her lead stew?  Oh, because he did not like Barbie.

I saw Barbie's breakdown from weeks of constant friction between her and her teammates.  And the unnecessary comment by Xandie that set Barbie off.  Paris yelling at her to be quiet was not helping either.  Kyle was useless as he was too drunk to understand what was going on.  I am glad Barbie left the boat and did not put up with their shit anymore.

So I agree that Barbie was bullied most of her time on ship.  Not by all but by those that mattered.  I am disappointed in Frasier this season.  

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Shrek said:

Hasn't it been quite a while (years) since we last saw a full blown Below Deck reunion? 

Last one they did was for Sailing Yacht last season. They almost had to because the whole season was eaten up by the Colin/Daisy/Gary triangle. 

38 minutes ago, gaPeach said:

So I agree that Barbie was bullied most of her time on ship.

I think it's a real stretch to say she was bullied. As would anyone else who has been the victim of actual bullying. Barbie was very passive-aggressive with Fraser and the other stews in the beginning. I don't think Fraser handled it well, and I don't think he's a good team leader either. But I'm hard-pressed to recall an occasion where I would consider any behavior towards her as bullying.

• Like 4
43 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

Last one they did was for Sailing Yacht last season. They almost had to because the whole season was eaten up by the Colin/Daisy/Gary triangle. 

I think it's a real stretch to say she was bullied. As would anyone else who has been the victim of actual bullying. Barbie was very passive-aggressive with Fraser and the other stews in the beginning. I don't think Fraser handled it well, and I don't think he's a good team leader either. But I'm hard-pressed to recall an occasion where I would consider any behavior towards her as bullying.

For me, it's when the entire car gangs up on her without a single person able to say "Hey, let's cool the temperature in here." It was like they were waiting for Xandi to say something and then it was blood in the water. Perhaps not a textbook definition, but four or five against one, right or wrong, is not a good look. 

• Like 7
11 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

For me, it's when the entire car gangs up on her without a single person able to say "Hey, let's cool the temperature in here." It was like they were waiting for Xandi to say something and then it was blood in the water. Perhaps not a textbook definition, but four or five against one, right or wrong, is not a good look. 

I think that didn't happen because Barbie's reaction was just OTT considering what Xandi said. I think the calls for her to STFU were a way to calm things down. 

I kind of wonder if this exit was Barbie's way of getting away from Kyle, knowing it wasn't gonna work. 

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

I think Barbie held it together over the season, making sure her image was one of a hard worker/ daddy's good little girl.  But, due to over tiredness, drinking or just being "done," she let the mask slip during her meltdown. Her condescending attitude and insults toward the crew demonstrate the kind of person she is.  Xandi's timing was all wrong, but nobody else was bullying or picking on Barbie in the van. Paris tried to get everyone to change the topic.  Barbie escalated the argument, and the others felt it was too much.  Even after the blow up, it wasn't too late to make things right, had Barbie wanted to.  She chose instead to double down and leave the yacht.

• Like 2
23 hours ago, Uncle JUICE said:

For me, it's when the entire car gangs up on her without a single person able to say "Hey, let's cool the temperature in here." I

That suggests everyone agreed with Xandi and said "Yeah Barbie you should have been fired! We all think you suck!" 

That did not happen. Xandi said something (admittedly stupid), Barbie over-reacted, and the ensuing chaos was from Barbie losing her shit and everyone else trying to calm her down. They just wanted her to stop yelling. I fail to see how that's bullying.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

Fine, now I want to yell at Barbie too. :)

Bullying might be strong, but I still say five people yelling at one person isn't a good look. I felt like Barbie got a bit of a bad rap this season, I think that feeds into my bias. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, aghst said:

Doubt Barbie thinks she was bullied.

After all, she's an alpha and they're all betas.

Did she say this? I go in and out of the show in general. What a tool if so. 

• Like 1

Or it was a voiceover later that they blended in with the footage.

Which would be worse, that when she would have cooled down, she still says something like that.

I thought she said it while she was walking out to get into the car to go to the resort.

But in more exciting news, review of Instagram indicates that Ben and Sunny are still together one year later.

• Mind Blown 6
(edited)

Barbies fit was over the top. If she loses it that quickly then Kyle dodged a bullet. 
I think Fraser did a okay job. He’s a bit bitchy at times but good tv. 
The season was lackluster, the guests weren’t entertaining and the crew was mediocre 

Boo to Below Deck Med! Wasn’t it just on with that stupid Kyle and the awful Sandy? Why is bravo shoving this awful person down our throats? She sucks! She’s not good tv, she’s not a good captain and she’s an asshole. After the Hannah and gross Malia drama, Sandy should have been fired. 

Edited by Chatty Cake
  • Like 2

Xandie was 100 percent in the wrong.   Why even bother saying something like that, which is only aimed to hurt someone?  She certainly had no room to say anything b/c all she seemed to do was laundry and talk shit behind Barbie's back.  Too bad that Barbie hadn't told Xandie in response that if she (Barbie) had been Xandie's chief stew, she would have fired her.  

I really wish we had a reunion to see what Kery thought after seeing the actions of Ben and Fraser throughout the season.  I bet he wouldn't think so highly of either of them.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1

I don't think Capt Kerry thought well of Ben at all at the end. He said something like, I gave him a chance to prove himself and he failed and I would not hire him as a bosun again. So, Ben for having a messy room messed up on his future with one captain, anyway. He probably has cemented a future with Bravo as a reliable fuckboi and gossip, though. So there's that.

• Love 1
(edited)
On 5/31/2024 at 8:41 AM, Chatty Cake said:

Barbies fit was over the top. If she loses it that quickly then Kyle dodged a bullet. 
I think Fraser did a okay job. He’s a bit bitchy at times but good tv. 
The season was lackluster, the guests weren’t entertaining and the crew was mediocre 

Boo to Below Deck Med! Wasn’t it just on with that stupid Kyle and the awful Sandy? Why is bravo shoving this awful person down our throats? She sucks! She’s not good tv, she’s not a good captain and she’s an asshole. After the Hannah and gross Malia drama, Sandy should have been fired. 

That's the thing Barbie didn't lose it that quickly. She spend the season tolerating the criticism and snarkiness from Fraser and Xandi. 

Barbie had a meltdown. Big whoop. I've had them. It's crazy how people think NOT having some sort of mental health moment is supposed to be some sort of flex. 

Being told that being overwhelmed and emotionally spent is a tantrum or unacceptable behavior really does do harm. I get that being spoiled and being a brat isn't a good charateristic to try and defend but there's a difference between reacting to unfair and unkind treatment and stomping around rudely demanding what you want when you want it. 

Yeah, Barbie lost it. It always amazes me how confused people get when the decision has been made to push limits. How about we flex about keeping unkind opinions to oneself. People don't ever want to flex on that. People want to be able to blurt out dumb shit just for the sake of saying something unkind to someone who has bugged them. Newsflash, that's not evolved either.  

I'm not a big fan of no self control but at the same time when it happens I take EVERYTHING into account that caused it. To put it on ONE person just describe how unaccountable people like to be in their contribution to an ugly moment. 

Xandi crying cause she pissed off the wrong one is her own fault cause she, in that moment, decided to say something dumb and hoped it would just be glossed over with the rest of what she said. The backhanded compliment she was trying to attempt didn't work out too well for her and then all of a sudden the big cry baby became a victim even though she's been a bit of mean girl herself.  Walking around all season making it clear that you are "tolerating" someone and that you don't think much of them isn't the nice gesture you think it is, Xandi. Hello..

Obviously that takes a toll, as Xandi found out during the finalee.  Duh...

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 3
  • Applause 3
1 hour ago, Yours Truly said:

That's the thing Barbie didn't lose it that quickly. She spend the season tolerating the criticism and snarkiness from Fraser and Xandi. 

Barbie had a meltdown. Big whoop. I've had them. It's crazy how people think NOT having some sort of mental health moment is supposed to be some sort of flex. 

Being told that being overwhelmed and emotionally spent is a tantrum or unacceptable behavior really does do harm. I get that being spoiled and being a brat isn't a good charateristic to try and defend but there's a difference between reacting to unfair and unkind treatment and stomping around rudely demanding what you want when you want it. 

Yeah, Barbie lost it. It always amazes me how confused people get when the decision has been made to push limits. How about we flex about keeping unkind opinions to oneself. People don't ever want to flex on that. People want to be able to blurt out dumb shit just for the sake of saying something unkind to someone who has bugged them. Newsflash, that's not evolved either.  

I'm not a big fan of no self control but at the same time when it happens I take EVERYTHING into account that caused it. To put it on ONE person just describe how unaccountable people like to be in their contribution to an ugly moment. 

Xandi crying cause she pissed off the wrong one is her own fault cause she, in that moment, decided to say something dumb and hoped it would just be glossed over with the rest of what she said. The backhanded compliment she was trying to attempt didn't work out too well for her and then all of a sudden the big cry baby became a victim even though she's been a bit of mean girl herself.  Walking around all season making it clear that you are "tolerating" someone and that you don't think much of them isn't the nice gesture you think it is, Xandi. Hello..

Xandi  was a jerk for making the comment, especially when everyone was drunk. Still, Barbie is a self proclaimed spoiled little asshole and certain behaved like it by overreacting to a stupid comment.

• Like 1
On 5/27/2024 at 10:31 PM, aghst said:

Last night out for the crew and she couldn't be chill, night before they were all to depart in the morning.

What set her off was nothing, just some comment, which most people would shrug off as a backhanded compliment.

I'm still unsure of what triggeredBarbie, aside from copious amounts of alcohol.

The only thing said was, "If I had been Chief Stew, I would have fired you". I'm sure she wasn't the only one.

Barbie has no ability to NOT be defensive, or to try and self reflect on her emotionally charged responses.

Classic narcissistic personality. Her dad will find that more embarrassing then her kissing a deck hand.

• Like 1
On 6/4/2024 at 1:25 PM, Yours Truly said:

Xandi crying cause she pissed off the wrong one is her own fault cause she, in that moment, decided to say something dumb and hoped it would just be glossed over with the rest of what she said.

I think Barbie was a pretty good worker as a stew, but I do think her constant complaining that she does the majority of work, and rarely gets breaks, and feels the others 'test' her, is a clear example of her blunt 'perceived' observations (yet not always the correct observations).

Her flipout was not a horrific or unexpected response. I think all stews and deck workers are entitled to melt downs.

But the fact that Barbie just couldn't let it go, or drop it, or stop talking over others. I'm sure the next morning would have found them apologizing etc, but Barbie was dead set on making an exit.

On 5/31/2024 at 4:39 PM, psychoticstate said:

Xandie was 100 percent in the wrong.   Why even bother saying something like that, which is only aimed to hurt someone?  She certainly had no room to say anything b/c all she seemed to do was laundry and talk shit behind Barbie's back. 

I believe that editing didn't help, but I found nothing wrong with Xandi's comment. Yes, she should have bit her tongue, but the topic was how far they had all come during the charters. Barbie always complained to Xandi she did more work and was being dumped on by Fraser. So Xandi saying if she had been in Fraser's place at the beginning, she would have fired her. So what?

Barbie's going to see that Fraser did try to fire her but was blocked by Kerry.

I just didn't see a whole lot of acceptance for Barbie's loud meltdown, given Xandi's comment. Surely more was involved.

Barbie leaving them to clean the boat was the perfect response if she felt disrespected. I don't blame her.

On 5/28/2024 at 1:55 PM, nokat said:

I think I will hate watch this.

I'll be with you!

On 5/28/2024 at 3:45 PM, iMonrey said:

I think they really didn't anticipate Barbie's meltdown. When she was looking for affirmations because "she lasted right to the end" she mentioned this several times. Like.. "yeah me, I survived despite doing all the work, dealing with Fraser, barely getting my 8 hours sleep..." so when Xandi laughed and said "I would have fired you" I think her response had everyone thinking, wth?

I don't watch this with a fine tooth comb, but did I miss something? Ben acted an actual fool with Sunny a couple episodes back because he wanted Camille. And now he's hounding after Sunny again? I'm confused. Why didn't she tell him to f right off with bullshit?

Edited by hatchetgirl
  • Like 1