Type keyword(s) to search

The Valley

Message added by Mod-Tigerkatze,

Culture Check: How can we combine humor and still remember and respect the humanity of the person we're commenting on? Visit the community guidelines to find some tips.

• Start Topic

35 minutes ago, bosawks said:

There is a rubbernecking aspect to watching this show that does remind me of earlier VPR seasons.

Absolutely.  I don't watch Bravo reality shows for any other reason than I enjoy watching young, good-looking train wrecks lead their messy lives.  The Valley does that admirably.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

So uncomfortable watching the couple's therapy session with Jesse and Michelle.  Jesse keeps saying shit along the lines of "Even if was totally passive she still wouldn't be happy".  Dude, not being controlling and cold is does not equal being 'passive'.  Being kind and trying to reconnect with your wife by trying to be a better listener is not being 'passive',

Edited by Maurina
typo
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

I fell asleep  , but I watched Jax undress the females applying  for a job, with his eyes. He seemed so pleased to see the girl behind  the bar make drinks. He really  is a sleazy  guy imnsho.

• Like 9
32 minutes ago, Maurina said:

So uncomfortable watching the couple's therapy session with Jesse and Michelle.  Jesse keeps saying shit along the lines of "Even if was totally passive she still wouldn't be happy".  Dude, not being controlling and cold is does not equal being 'passive'.  Being kind and trying to reconnect with your wife by trying to be a better listener is not being 'passive',

It's not looking good for those two.  Esp when one of the two cannot remember far back enough to when he was desirable.

• Like 3

I don’t know how Jesse and Michelle even dated for long never mind get married and bring a child into their mess. They seem to hate each other lol.

I don’t like Janet she annoys me for some reason and I’m sure she did say all those things about Michelle.

I am not into revisiting the 2020 cancel stuff with Kristen.

Zack still really sucks lol.

• Like 8

I think there are guys who get married, because they think it’s guaranteed sex, or it means they won’t have to make much of an effort anymore. I think Jesse is one of those guys.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 2

So far, I like the interactions between Kirsten and Luke. He seems to know how to talk to her in a supportive yet constructive way.

I listened to one of her podcasts last year. He was offering his opinions and seemed reasonable.

• Like 4

Brittany could have worn fifty other dresses that would have been more attractive on her than that orange strapless interview dress. I would have thought that at least one person in production would have encouraged her to wear something else. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
(edited)

Jesse yells, “Everybody, shut the f- - - up! Michelle is going to talk.”

Then Jesse cuts his wife off with a “Michelle, please!”

Edited by hoodooznoodooz
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

I'm not loving the way this cast seems to think they can use Kristen as a stepping stone.  They had no problem using her fame to get their show launched, but now they're going to try to ice her out.  It was also making me a little bananas that everyone kept saying Kristen called someone racist.  She did not.  She said that Janet implied that Michelle was racist.

• Like 9
  • Love 2

Yes, I wish someone would just admit, “There has been a miscommunication or misunderstanding. Michelle said, ‘In my opinion, Don’t Say Gay laws protect children.’ We all tend to wonder or speculate or draw our own conclusions, based on what we have experienced.”

Well, if Michelle watches the show, she knows the truth now, I hope. 

I did like the fact that, in his interview, Zack pretty much admitted that Kristen was telling some (albeit convoluted) version of the truth. 

But now they can see how Janet was able to deny vehemently with ease.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

Jesse  yelling for everyone  to shut up, it didn't  seem very' sophisticated'. He has a short fuse, so does Luke by the look of things. Luke and Kristen  should  of just left.

The life coach was nice, and he doubles as a therapist , bonus. I think  Jesse is sexually  frustrated,  and Michelle isn't  having her needs met, what a mess. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, DallasDiva243 said:

Loved Jason’s button down shirt and tie with sweats and slippers!! Great WFH outfit! And love he just supported Janet’s need for McDonalds!  

On the VPR After Show, he says that he no longer wants to be friends with Sandoval. He says it’s obvious that Sandoval does not value relationships. Jason was also incredulous that Sandoval spent so much time with Ariana and Rachel, while cheating with Rachel on the side.

Janet points out that Sandoval is only upset with the way others have reacted, but he’s not upset with his own actions.

• Like 4

I was not going to watch this show, but then I did. Am I the only one seeing a hair trigger temper on Luke. I guess I just don't like that "standing up for my woman by threatening violence" vibe. Kristen remains nuts but she is being unfairly accused in the Janet/Michelle mess. Janet should have just said that Michelle supporting Don't Say Gay laws concerned her so she mentioned it to Zach. I completely believed she never said racist, but probably did speculate whether Michelle is a closet Republican based on her support of those types of laws. 

I almost can't look at Brittany in her interview dress. It just looks painful and awful. Also I truly believe she would look thinner without those boulders taking up her entire upper torso. 

I cannot believe I am watching this. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
2 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

I was not going to watch this show, but then I did. Am I the only one seeing a hair trigger temper on Luke. I guess I just don't like that "standing up for my woman by threatening violence" vibe. Kristen remains nuts but she is being unfairly accused in the Janet/Michelle mess. Janet should have just said that Michelle supporting Don't Say Gay laws concerned her so she mentioned it to Zach. I completely believed she never said racist, but probably did speculate whether Michelle is a closet Republican based on her support of those types of laws

I almost can't look at Brittany in her interview dress. It just looks painful and awful. Also I truly believe she would look thinner without those boulders taking up her entire upper torso

I agree with you completely. 

Yes, it’s very difficult to look at Brittany in that dress!!

Her implants are much too large. They make her look heavier than she is. And they make her look matronly. Ramona Singer (Real Housewives of New York) made the same mistake.

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, angelamh66 said:

I almost can't look at Brittany in her interview dress. It just looks painful and awful. Also I truly believe she would look thinner without those boulders taking up her entire upper torso. 

Very well stated! Especially "I can't believe i am watching this"!

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

Ugh Zack is still annoying to me.

Janet sucks so bad. She probably said all of that stuff. She really manipulated the whole situation to come out the best them used the prego card. Blech,

I feel bad for Cruz because his parents are huge idiots and suck. I have a feeling Jax only does the ig dad stuff.

If Jax and Brittany have only had sex twice in the past year then he’s 100% cheating on her. He’s a pig.

Kristen and Luke? Idk about them something seems off. Is he just hypnotized by the sex? He doesn’t even live or want to live in California ever and they are planning to have a baby asap lol. Kristen is 40 and Luke is nice so that’s why she’s pushing the baby stuff. Hopefully somehow it works out but it’s not a great situation in the making.

Jesse seems to really think high of himself.

Friends setting up another friend’s sex night is weird lol.

Kristen is crazy but why are they only getting mad at her? It’s weird. Did the other ppl not admit things were said? I thought they did.

Do I like this show? I honestly don’t know at this point lol but I am gonna keep watching.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Jesse’s “actual dinner jacket.” 

I love Jason asking if he wore it all day, to real estate showings.

The story of how Michelle and Jesse got together makes me sad.

Jill is a large dog. Cleaning up her diarrhea must have been an extremely demanding endeavor.

I think Kristen and Luke should live in Colorado when they are not filming the show.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, hoodooznoodooz said:

Jill is a large dog. Cleaning up her diarrhea must have been an extremely demanding endeavor.

I think Jill was an excuse for Kristen's boyfriend (sorry I can't keep the guys' names straight save Jax) to not go to the gala.

9 hours ago, Marley said:

Janet sucks so bad. She probably said all of that stuff. She really manipulated the whole situation to come out the best them used the prego card. Blech,

Bingo, she's stealth.

• Like 4

I haven't really been watching, but I let it run while I read or catch up on Twitter. Last night (I think) Luke made a comment about Kristen leaving LA and getting away from all these horrible people. I think he's right. I often thought I should have moved to LA in my 20's and really enjoyed the lifestyle depicted in all these movies and shows. And the beach! But besides the impossible cost of housing, I really do think a lot of pretty awful people are drawn to the place. No one seems particularly decent.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
(edited)

I've never been interested in couples with young children--sorry--but these yutzes are even more boring and basic than I could have imagined. This is really plumbing new depths of banality. 

Edited by StevieRocks
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
On 3/28/2024 at 8:54 AM, kacesq said:

Jasmine is a former NY Jet and Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader.  She was featured on the DCC reality show and was cut at auditions for her third year.  Since then she's been trying for reality show fame, I think she also did The Bachelor. When I saw her in this, I thought she was working really hard to try to elevate herself from "friend of" status.

Yeah I don’t like her at all.  We get very little of her and what we do get is not good.

On 4/3/2024 at 3:05 PM, Marley said:

I don’t like Janet she annoys me for some reason and I’m sure she did say all those things about Michelle.

I am not into revisiting the 2020 cancel stuff with Kristen.

Zack still really sucks lol.

HATE Janet.  What a backstabber.  She did say that stuff.  What a liar.  Using Kristen to get on a show then dropping her (“taking a step back” or whatever) is really shitty.

Zach sucks he should have cleared it all up and called out lying Janet.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1

These people all suck. I can’t believe I sat through an hour of that. 

Jax appears to be a better dad than husband. And he seems totally annoyed by Britt’s new Hollywood version of herself. He seems to have matured slightly to at least being responsible enough to care for a home, provide $$ for his family, and somewhat maintain businesses to keep them afloat. She seems to have regressed. Speaking of which, is she more southern on this show or is it just my ears? I have nothing good to say about, except maybe she needs to work on herself and stop trying to push him into therapy. Totally disappointed in how she turned out. 

Not buying Janet’s BS. She knows Kristen isn’t lying but is using her pregnancy and attitude to put Kristen down and take the attention off herself. Her husband gives off the creepy “I’m better than everyone else” vibe. 

Nothing redeemable about the couple that split up. She’s totally stuck up (and I do believe there is something truly in her making Janet say what she said about her). Her husband is just a straight up asshole. They deserve whatever comes their way. 

Kristen has terrible taste in men. I give her credit though because she is obviously working on herself. 

• Like 4
(edited)

Okay, I don't get why they are all mad at Kristen. Are they mad that she brought up what she heard while they are filming?  I really did feel bad for Kristen and everyone is acting like she's the Kristen of early Vanderpump, but she does seem to be more mature and calm.  I'm felt bad for everyone piling on her since she isn't the one who was saying shit.  Somehow Janet comes smelling out roses, pretty impressive. Is everyone afraid of her or are they trying to avoid getting her upset because of their pregnant?  Did Janet work at SUR with everyone else?  She seemed a little ruthless with how things happened.

Fuck Jesse, he's an asshole. And sorry Michelle, but I don't feel bad for you. 

Jax is totally screwing around on Brittany (who was less annoying because her seemingly exaggerated southern accent was toned down which I appreciated.)  I got the impression that Jax and Jesse go out and screw around on their wives.  

I got the impression that if it were up to Jax, Cruz wouldn't be in speech therapy cuz "he's fine!" Jax wants to pretend everything is perfect and put his head in the sand. Though I will say I was pleased that he stuck up for Kristen. 

Nia and Danny seem so authentic and chill and NORMAL.  I've heard the phrase that actors don't grow past the age they were when they got famous (or something), so technically Danny should still be a teenager, yet Jax (and even Jesse) are the most immature and juvenile.

Of course I'll still watch. 

Edited by IntrovertRed
  • Like 9

I said this after the last episode and I'll say it again - I'm not a fan of how these people are willing to step on Kristen to get to fame.  They are treating her like shit, but if it wasn't for her (and Jax), there wouldn't be a show.  I've never said this before about any show or any cast member, but if these idiots push Kristen off the show, I'll stop watching. It's not even that I love Kristen so much, but the way they are using her is absolute bullshit.  I honestly think they think that because "we" (the audience) has turned on Kristen before, we'll do it again.  Which, sure, in the right circumstances.  But Kristen is the one we "know", and we're not going to take the side of strangers over the person we "know".  They're very stupid to think that.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

While I agree Kristen didn't just make up the comments about Michelle, she was the one who blurted it out to deflect the attention from her. She also guilty of editorializing the comments (Michelle is racist) which only amplified the issue.

Zack and Janet should have both acknowledged the role they played in that game of telephone but it was Kristen's fault it was brought up in the first place. For her to turn around and play victim was just typical Kristen.

I can't put my finger on it, but something seems off with Luke. I worry about his temper, he seems a little volatile. 

Isn't speech regression potentially an early sign of autism? I'm glad they have Cruz in speech therapy. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 3

I think that they have also learned that there is an increased chance of autism in children of fathers of advanced age. 

Epidemiologists have gathered data on large numbers of families and calculated how often men of different ages have a child with autism. The first rigorous study of this type, published in 2006, drew on medical records of 132,000 Israeli adolescents. It showed that men in their 30s are 1.6 times as likely to have a child with autism as men under 30; men in their 40s have a sixfold increase.

Since then, scientists have conducted similar analyses of data on children born in California, Denmark and Sweden, as well as of an international dataset on 5.7 million children. Nearly all of this research has shown an increased prevalence of autism among the children of older fathers.

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
(edited)

I'm being shallow but Zack's hair is atrocious.  It looks he has a baseball cap on with the brim flipped up.  In what world would anyone consider it a good look?

Edited by whydoievencare
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

Do we know if that’s a rug on Zack’s head?  I cannot imagine a world where that’s a natural hairline.  Someone mentioned the Lego dolls’ heads and that’s exactly what it looks like to me!

I’m grateful for the laughs that has provided me today 😬

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

Kristin’s “friends” really don’t like her! Now, I’m not naive to Bravo “friendships” and how even new cast members who come on as a “friend of” oftentimes have a tenuous acquaintanceship at best. However, all of these people keep going on and on about how much they love each other and how they’ve been friends for a decade or whatever, so I tend to think they are telling the truth and that was almost like original recipe Vanderpump Rules casting (with Scheana as the only outlier to the actual friend group). Have they always hated Kristin? Have they put up with her because of her Bravolebrity? Or maybe they were really just friends with Brittany and Jax, and Kristin just got dragged along as that one person in the group you have to put up with but wish you didn’t. Though, there does seem to be a strong division between the married parents as a core group, and Kristin and the two other singles as their separate little friend team.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

Do they really think getting rid of Kristin would be beneficial?  She brings the crazy and we love it.  Nobody cares about the non-former VPR cast.  On WWHL Scheanna said she just bought a house in the Valley so they better watch out.  Janet is too annoying to be a villain. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't know why, but I have always liked Kristen, faults and all. If I had worked at Sur at the beginnings of all of this, I feel like I'd gravitate toward her as my "work friend."

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Like 7
  • Applause 4
  • Love 1

I could  do without Kristen, she sure hasn't  aged well. I think  all her drinking and smoking  has caught up to her. I thought  Luke was okay, he seemed a bit creepy  this episode. I think she's  using him for a sperm donor.

Jax seems to hate Britney, he's nothing  special,  but they both care about  their son.

I love Nia and Danny. Far too normal  for this show.

• Like 3
On 4/9/2024 at 8:42 PM, Marley said:

Kristen is crazy but why are they only getting mad at her? It’s weird. Did the other ppl not admit things were said? I thought they did.

Right? Am i taking crazy pills? Zack did say it, Janet totally said Republican. So why is she standing there listening with a shitty smirk on her face? Ugh I do not get this show.

• Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1

Janet explained what happened and how the conversation with Michelle went in her interview, but did she ever explain it to the group? Clearly this was just a bad game of telephone. 

I also don't fully trust Luke. He just gives me an off vibe.

Jax is still an idiot and Brittany's boobs are outrageous. 

• Like 7
On 3/20/2024 at 2:33 PM, Mahamid Frauded Me said:

Not sure if I can continue watching, other than Janet and Jason, all the other couples seem to hate their partners. So stupid of Kristen to sell that cute house she had to move in with her boyfriend, she should have rented it out.   

Kristen just keeps proving it over and over: NOT the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree!

• Like 3
(edited)
On 4/11/2024 at 10:36 AM, TattleTeeny said:

I don't know why, but I have always liked Kristen, faults and all. If I had worked at Sur at the beginnings of all of this, I feel like I'd gravitate toward her as my "work friend."

I’d totally hang with Kristen. Especially after a few drinks (or more). I bet she’s a good time. 

ETA - old SUR Kristen. Not new “therapy” Kristen.

Edited by Jennifersdc
  • Like 6
On 4/12/2024 at 7:07 AM, MaggieG said:

I also don't fully trust Luke. He just gives me an off vibe.

Yeah.  I want him to be great for Kristen, but he's far too quick to want to fight with the other guys in his need to protect Kristen.  On the one hand, it's about time she got a guy who wants to protect her, but does it need to be someone who's so quick to want to fight?  

• Like 6