Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 3/18/2024

• Start Topic

Monday, March 18 – Ben Platt performs for the first time on “The View” (album, “Honeymind”)

Tuesday, March 19 – Daytime exclusive with Dr. Christine Blasey Ford (author, “One Way Back: A Memoir”)

Wednesday, March 20 – Sydney Sweeney (“Immaculate”); chef José Andrés (author, “Zaytinya: Delicious Mediterranean Dishes from Greece, Turkey, and Lebanon”)

Thursday, March 21 – Gisele Bündchen (author, “Nourish: Simple Recipes to Empower Your Body and Feed Your Soul”); an exclusive with Stormy Daniels, joined by director Sarah Gibson (“Stormy”)

Friday, March 22 – Chelsea Clinton (author, “She Persisted”)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
10 hours ago, Haleth said:

Oh, goodness, those extensions in Sunny’s hair look terrible. 

I keep thinking how much better she would look with a simple hairstyle. She kind of dates herself in a strange way with the over the top hair, and gives off "Look at me, I'm young and hip!" vibe, instead of just a beautiful woman image.

• Like 13
  • Applause 1

I didn’t watch the Oprah show but I heard she did not address the shortage of these medications for people who really need them. Neither did this panel. Nor did any of them mention how incredibly expensive they are, way out of reach for most people who could use the help. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 1
24 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I didn’t watch the Oprah show but I heard she did not address the shortage of these medications for people who really need them. Neither did this panel. Nor did any of them mention how incredibly expensive they are, way out of reach for most people who could use the help. 

Somehow I'm not surprised, as Ana is the one whose weight loss is due to her using Ozempic. This is my latest soapbox/peeve, which I've ranted about in the health thread. I had to switch medications, because mine (Trulicity) is out of stock and is expected to be out of stock through 2024. Because of the greedy doctors, and people like Oprah and Ana, who use these medications as weight loss drugs, instead of letting them go to the people who need them.

• Like 10
  • Hugs 1
  • Angry 1
  • Applause 3
24 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Somehow I'm not surprised, as Ana is the one whose weight loss is due to her using Ozempic. This is my latest soapbox/peeve, which I've ranted about in the health thread. I had to switch medications, because mine (Trulicity) is out of stock and is expected to be out of stock through 2024. Because of the greedy doctors, and people like Oprah and Ana, who use these medications as weight loss drugs, instead of letting them go to the people who need them.

Although Ana wasn't on the show today to weigh in, Sunny and Whoopi both admitted to using the drugs. In Sunny's case she used it to get off 40 extra pounds that she put on from self-admittedly eating everything in sight during Covid lockdown. I generally like Sunny but I feel like it was a bad look for her to defend this when so many people like you are facing shortages of these drugs for their actual prescribed use.

• Like 11
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, atomic said:

Although Ana wasn't on the show today to weigh in, Sunny and Whoopi both admitted to using the drugs. In Sunny's case she used it to get off 40 extra pounds that she put on from self-admittedly eating everything in sight during Covid lockdown. I generally like Sunny but I feel like it was a bad look for her to defend this when so many people like you are facing shortages of these drugs for their actual prescribed use.

There's a lot of things that you hear about uber rich people doing that I can handwave away as "if you an afford it, whatever makes you happy" but this entire Ozempic (and related drugs) thing makes me sick.  I was pregnant in 2020 and due to the gyms all being shut down, I gained way more weight than I had during my previous two pregnancies.  Post birth, I was 200 pounds.  Since then, I have been on a weight loss journey for the past three years that has included working out, eating healthier, eating less and not eating late.  I am now down to 155, with fifteen pounds to go until I hit my goal weight.  Has it been easy?  Hell, no.  But it is doable if you actually buckle down, do it and give yourself a lot of grace, knowing that it isn't going to be a quick process.  The fact that people cannot get the meds they need to live or manage an actual health condition because people that can afford personal trainers and chefs want to lose weight quickly instead of putting in any actual work is disgusting.  I honestly don't get how any of these people can live with themselves.  There have been multiple stories about this for a year now, so it's not as if they're unaware of what they're doing.  

• Like 5
  • Applause 4

Yeah, I think Oprah did her show because of the backlash. She was trying to assuage her guilt, not so much about taking the meds from people who need them, but more about going the “quick and easy” route. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, roughing it said:

Perhaps Oprah and Ana have type 2 Diabetes?

I don't know about Oprah, but from what I've read, she has stated she used it as a weight loss drug, and not as something to help with a medical condition; but Ana said she was "prediabetic" as the reason for her taking it. Which, is not the same thing.

1 hour ago, roughing it said:

Perhaps Oprah and Ana have type 2 Diabetes?

Ana has said that she has type 2 diabetes.  I do wonder if the anger/frustration against the wealthy who use this drug for weight loss is misplaced.   In reality what the covid pandemic has show is that drug manufacturers can make drugs quickly and in mass quantities.   The companies that make these drugs could increase their production if they so chose.   But they don't, because they make more money from the rich paying full price for a scarce resource than from selling to insurance companies.   

I blame them.   I'm overweight but not diabetic.  And if insurance covered it I'd take the drugs too.   Diet and exercise are only part of the battle.  Genetics plays in role in obesity as well.   

• Fire 1
  • Applause 7
6 hours ago, atomic said:

Sunny and Whoopi both admitted to using the drugs. In Sunny's case she used it to get off 40 extra pounds that she put on from self-admittedly eating everything in sight during Covid lockdown. I generally like Sunny but I feel like it was a bad look for her to defend this when so many people like you are facing shortages of these drugs for their actual prescribed use

I'm surprised Sunny would use this drug. I read that she had Crohn's disease ... which is often the reason for unexpected/unwanted weight loss. 

I address this a lot- but, I wish the cameras would stay off of Whoopi when she is uninterested. Quit giving her the oxygen. You can see it throws the rest of them off when she acts this way.  Someone needs to yawn at her when she goes n and on with her infinite wisdom crap. Almost complete done with her!

• Like 12
  • Wink 1
  • Love 3
10 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

I address this a lot- but, I wish the cameras would stay off of Whoopi when she is uninterested. Quit giving her the oxygen. You can see it throws the rest of them off when she acts this way.  Someone needs to yawn at her when she goes n and on with her infinite wisdom crap. Almost complete done with her!

This.  She had mentioned a few months ago that she was told to stop the "disinterested" looks, but that didn't last long.  It's very rude since she's silently saying "this topic bores me and you all are boring me by talking about it."  I'm also tired of the Valley Girl impressions, the word salads, and the daily lecturing of the audience.

• Like 16
  • Applause 2
10 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

It's disrespectful to her cohosts and the audience. Just because she doesn't care about a topic doesn't mean nobody else does.  How many times did we have to hear her rant about bike lanes? And I know she has dyslexia but could she be a little more animated when reading the teleprompter?  Just by her tone alone you can tell she is bored with the topic.

16 hours ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

but Ana said she was "prediabetic" as the reason for her taking it. Which, is not the same thing.

I was diagnosed as pre diabetic and my doctor prescribed Metformin and I lost weight.  Years ago I had Graves disease and since then I have to take a thyroid hormone. A few years ago my thyroid went out of whack and it took my doctor over a year to find the right dosage to correct it.  During that year I gained weight.  The Metformin took all that weight off.  This was not something my doctor told me would happen.

The problem with the drugs now being used for weight loss and not their original intended use is the long term effects aren't known.   And I'm going to wade into the shallow end of the pool and say some of the people who used the drugs and lost a ton of weight don't look healthy.

And yes I do find it troubling that people who need the drugs for diabetes are now having to wait because people with money want to lose weight.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
10 hours ago, 2JEWELL said:

I address this a lot- but, I wish the cameras would stay off of Whoopi when she is uninterested. Quit giving her the oxygen. You can see it throws the rest of them off when she acts this way.

I get such a kick out of her reactions, probably because the same subjects that bore her, also bore me, we're on the same page.  I don't care if it throws the rest of them off.

• Like 2
58 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

I was diagnosed as pre diabetic and my doctor prescribed Metformin and I lost weight.  Years ago I had Graves disease and since then I have to take a thyroid hormone. A few years ago my thyroid went out of whack and it took my doctor over a year to find the right dosage to correct it.  During that year I gained weight.  The Metformin took all that weight off.  This was not something my doctor told me would happen.

And this is an example of how drugs affect different people. When I was diagnosed 6 years ago, the initial doctor put me on Metaformin and two different insulins-so that the sudden weight loss I had, had me gaining half of it back; but I had no quality of life-it was determined by when the next shot would be (three times before each meal, and the second one before bedtime); I changed doctors and went to the one my dad was seeing. He weaned me off the insulins and put me on Trulicity. I didn't know that weight loss was a side benefit, but it didn't o that for me; neither did the Metaformin. In fact, my doctor wanted me to drop another x amount of pounds early last year, but I struggled.

Then, I went to India (I always lose weight when I go there) and lost about 10 pounds; when I came back, I cut out all the "safe" junk food, and just stuck to coconut water and watched my portion control and yes, exercised. Every single one of these drugs state weight loss and healthy diet/exercise is the combination. I realize just how processed the food is here, and I cut it all out. Then I had the trial from hell at work (coworker bullied, harassed, and literally would take food from my hand so I didn't eat properly), which caused additional loss. THAT was not how I wanted to do it.

Anyway, long story short, heh, not everything works for everyone. BUT, if Ana is now Diabetic, fine, she can afford to have her doctor find it and get it for her but I recall her saying she was "pre-diabetic" and that's why she took it. Because she was NOT obese.

And the manufacturers now coming out with commercials, shaming the wealthy for taking these drugs meant for the obese (which pissed me off to no end), and that it should be given to those that need it, had me in a rage black out. So hypocritical. How about increasing production? How about using the money used for the insulting commercial for more production of the drugs?

So Oprah, Ana, Sunny, and any other celebrities, plus the craven, greedy doctors can just MISS ME, and take a gazillion trillion seats. My anger is not misplaced. It's directed at everyone who has a hand in this.

1 hour ago, bluegirl147 said:

The problem with the drugs now being used for weight loss and not their original intended use is the long term effects aren't known.

Then there's this. But they don't care. If Sunny or anyone else goes off of them, the weight comes back if they took just the drug. Like any other diet. Once you stop it, the weight comes back if you don't also exercise and have a healthy diet. That doesn't work for everyone, and I'm not saying it does. Just to those like Sunny, Oprah, Ana.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

How about increasing production? How about using the money used for the insulting commercial for more production of the drugs?

We know why they don't do that.  Increased demand without increasing production means they can charge more money.  Some people might call that capitalism but I call that being a greedy asshole.

20 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

So Oprah, Ana, Sunny, and any other celebrities, plus the craven, greedy doctors can just MISS ME, and take a gazillion trillion seats. My anger is not misplaced. It's directed at everyone who has a hand in this.

I also don't like people who lie about it.  Oh no I simply did pilates and ate less.  Isn't that what Star Jones claimed?  People lied about having weight loss surgery. I had a former FB friend lie. Said she dieted and exercised.  Till someone outed her by asking her who did her surgery. And now people will lie about taking the medication.  That all contributes to women having a poor body image.  They think I diet and exercise and I'm not losing weight. What is wrong with me.

• Like 4
30 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

We know why they don't do that.  Increased demand without increasing production means they can charge more money.

That's what led to the shortage/out of stock for the rest of this year for Trulicity-increased high demand. And that demand was because Ozempic was out of stock. But, someone else in NY, gets Trulicity, so it's not out of stock EVERYWHERE. But it is at the warehouses where my shipments come from. It makes no sense and gives me a headache. It's all greed.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

and the daily lecturing of the audience.

“Here’s the thing… 

1 hour ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

How about increasing production? How about using the money used for the insulting commercial for more production of the drugs?

How about insurance companies and doctors promoting health by using newer metrics to advise patients. The usual blood work does not provide a complete and accurate picture. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

I get such a kick out of her reactions, probably because the same subjects that bore her, also bore me, we're on the same page.  I don't care if it throws the rest of them off.

Funny thing is, most of the time I find those same subjects boring too. I also think Joy is not thrilled with them, but she is able to add a little to the conversation, laugh at the silliness and move on. IMO she is the best one for the moderator .

Whoopi just looks so unprofessional.

5 minutes ago, Glitches said:

“Here’s the thing… 

“Its up to all of you”

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Same here, especially when the discussion is as ridiculous as yesterday’s was. Those women just need tin foil hats when discussing the Princess of Wales. Sunny was ridiculous. Every time they discuss the royals, my eyes just roll back in my head. And Joy, of all people, should know better than to think anything was proven on “The Crown.” (This was something she said last week.) It’s a drama, not a documentary.

• Applause 3

Whoopi’s skepticism over the Princess Kate mystery becomes increasingly annoying. First of all she’s absolutely wrong about Americans being far more interested in the story than the British. Not true at all. On the extremely popular radio call-in network LBC this story is often the subject of discussion. The only thing different is that conspiracy theories aren’t allowed due to libel laws. 

• Useful 1
19 hours ago, Glitches said:

Seriously Sara!?!?! You gave away one of the plot points of the movie Immaculate! Spoiler. 

I'm pretty sure I know what you are referring to.  I heard her say it and I thought is that something that is supposed to be a secret?

18 hours ago, lurkerbee said:

And Joy, of all people, should know better than to think anything was proven on “The Crown.” (This was something she said last week.) It’s a drama, not a documentary.

I do believe what she said is true but I did shake my head at her saying since it was on the Crown it has to be true.

(edited)

I just noticed Sunny has a cast on her arm. Has it been there before today?

I don’t think I’ve ever heard Giselle speak before. She’s really interesting and fun and the food looked good. 

Edited by Haleth
  • Like 1
15 minutes ago, Haleth said:

She had a black sleeve on her arm yesterday.

18 minutes ago, Haleth said:

I noticed it yesterday but I think it was there before that but she usually wears long sleeves.

On 3/20/2024 at 1:57 PM, Glitches said:

Seriously Sara!?!?! You gave away one of the plot points of the movie Immaculate! Spoiler. 

was that before or after she told us she was a country dj? You know, where she mentioned Johnny Cash and said “I guess you might call him country music”?

She really says a lot of dumb things for someone who works so hard at trying to sound smart. 

• Like 2
49 minutes ago, 2JEWELL said:

was that before or after she told us she was a country dj? You know, where she mentioned Johnny Cash and said “I guess you might call him country music”?

I noticed that!  Lol, I was thinking WTF?!

• Like 1

Where is everyone. ?   I usually watch a YouTube show after watching the show but have been  catching him first lately and he’s pissed ( and rightly so) about the discussion that Ana commented men are useless, and her gay men comments . Has she lost her mind? I’ll tune in to see Chelsea and hope she saves the show.  

1 hour ago, athousandclowns said:

Where is everyone. ?   I usually watch a YouTube show after watching the show but have been  catching him first lately and he’s pissed ( and rightly so) about the discussion that Ana commented men are useless, and her gay men comments . Has she lost her mind? I’ll tune in to see Chelsea and hope she saves the show.  

Who's him?

• Like 1
On 3/20/2024 at 5:40 AM, bluegirl147 said:

It's disrespectful to her cohosts and the audience. Just because she doesn't care about a topic doesn't mean nobody else does.  How many times did we have to hear her rant about bike lanes? And I know she has dyslexia but could she be a little more animated when reading the teleprompter?  Just by her tone alone you can tell she is bored with the topic.

The problem with the drugs now being used for weight loss and not their original intended use is the long term effects aren't known.   And I'm going to wade into the shallow end of the pool and say some of the people who used the drugs and lost a ton of weight don't look healthy.

And yes I do find it troubling that people who need the drugs for diabetes are now having to wait because people with money want to lose weight.

My coworker is on it.  She looks terrible.  Lost a lot of weight really fast and now she has very loose skin and it has aged her.  Gotta be thin for the son's wedding 🙄.  I am interested in the long term and short term side effects.

Whoopie seems to be outta fucks.  She needs to find some so she doesn't look so bored.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

Who's him?

Sorry I can’t link so probably Off topic

His show was brought up here a long time ago it’s called Megan McCain Is The Worst.   He’s kept the title but talks about the show among other things. He doesn’t have a big audience but I enjoy him 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Useful 1
On 3/20/2024 at 10:02 PM, TimWil said:

Whoopi’s skepticism over the Princess Kate mystery becomes increasingly annoying. First of all she’s absolutely wrong about Americans being far more interested in the story than the British. Not true at all. On the extremely popular radio call-in network LBC this story is often the subject of discussion. The only thing different is that conspiracy theories aren’t allowed due to libel laws. 

So now that it's come out that Princess Kate has cancer, I wonder if anyone on the panel is going to feel like a jackass for going on about the ridiculous conspiracy theories?  

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
21 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

So now that it's come out that Princess Kate has cancer, I wonder if anyone on the panel is going to feel like a jackass for going on about the ridiculous conspiracy theories?  

All I know is it's going to spur the "I told you so's" from a certain know-it-all moderator. 

1 hour ago, Snapdragon said:

I thought the same thing, Snapdragon. The guffaws and stupid speculation that some of them made (Sara and Sunny, especially) really riled me up. They should be ashamed of themselves.

• Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • Love 3
On 3/22/2024 at 4:50 PM, Snapdragon said:

Whoopi's bored behavior most often appears when the topic is gossip, like what happened with Princess Kate. But behind the boredom is an objection to bringing these topics up at all. In pre-show discussion, I'm sure she advocates for omitting these topics, but the producers feel the audience likes them. The "bored look" is really a protest.

I don't care for these gossip segments either. Unless they affect other people, the private lives of celebrities should stay private.

• Like 2
30 minutes ago, Sue in her 60s said:

I don't care for these gossip segments either. Unless they affect other people, the private lives of celebrities should stay private.

Especially medical issues. I don’t care if the royals are public figures, supported by taxes, or the beneficiaries of colonialism; they deserve privacy when it comes to their health issues. 

• Like 8
On 3/18/2024 at 10:09 PM, Kenz said:

I keep thinking how much better she would look with a simple hairstyle. She kind of dates herself in a strange way with the over the top hair, and gives off "Look at me, I'm young and hip!" vibe, instead of just a beautiful woman image.

She’s Beyoncé circa 2005

• LOL 3