Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

Just now, sainte-chapelle said:

I don’t even know what chicken fried steak is…

I had it once or twice decades ago in Oklahoma, where I assume they know how to do it well, but didn't like it. What I do like is chicken fried chicken. Omaha Steaks sell it, but I can also get it from the grocery store  here in Iowa. I thought I wouldn't like it, but I do. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Not even being snarky but their mom was on meth all the time…they might have developmental issues due to her using when pregnant. 

That explains the wobble 

• LOL 2
1 minute ago, Chicklet said:

It's a poor, poor piece of steak that's breaded and fried like chicken. It's very sad and was originally a way to make less desireable cuts of beef better. Or so I was told. I was lied to as a kid though.

That gravy tho ❤

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, aliya said:

I had it once or twice decades ago in Oklahoma, where I assume they know how to do it well, but didn't like it. What I do like is chicken fried chicken. Omaha Steaks sell it, but I can also get it from the grocery store  here in Iowa. I thought I wouldn't like it, but I do. 

I love fried chicken..not all the time though…I am not Charles

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Wow he did manage to lose 73 pounds somehow.  Very decent progress.  Can he do it consistently for a long time, that's the question. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Just think!  When he loses all his weight, he will look like Danny DeVito!!!  

He wishes. 

He's all upset that Dr. Now isn't groveling and begging his forgiveness for being so mean. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

"I'm not moving to Houston." Does he plan to lie to Dr. Now?

Does he think production isn't going to tell Dr. Now he said that? He does know he's on camera, right?

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
4 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

I love fried chicken..not all the time though…I am not Charles

I'm not sure if it is fried - though I guess 'chicken fried chicken' would be a hint, huh? There's certainly a batter? skin? on it, but it doesn't taste like fried chicken to me. It's a different texture.  I'm not putting any of that white gravy on it, though. I'm not a barbarian.

Edited by aliya
  • Thanks 1

What's holding him in Washington?  Not like either of them has a job or any actual commitments.  Are they secretly mooching off the sister or something?  Or their benefits are tied to staying in Washington? 

• Like 4
2 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Wow he did manage to lose 73 pounds somehow.  Very decent progress.  Can he do it consistently for a long time, that's the question. 

I couldn't see any difference. He still moves like a weeble.

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
Just now, ams1001 said:

"I'm not moving to Houston." Does he plan to lie to Dr. Now?

Does he think production isn't going to tell Dr. Now he said that? He does know he's on camera, right?

To be fair, he doesn't seem to be especially bright. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 1

Okay, with just 10 minutes left, in case y'all don't return for next week, I need to say thanks. My Mom used to watch the show and we'd debrief on Thursdays as I drove to work.  She LOVED Dr. Now and loved when he got SERIOUS with the Poundicipants.  Sometimes I'd tell her what y'all wrote and she cracked up many times over your witty commentary.  Anyway, this Saturday marks one year since she passed away. It's been tough, but you have honestly all made this past few months much nicer.  I can actually watch the show and be happy and not sad--still missing my Mom, but at the point where I can laugh again (in general) and, here, think about her in happy ways.  I just wish she could have seen Dr. Now's next-level shade and snark this season!  Thank you all--you are the BEST!

• Hugs 19
  • Love 3

Actually, chicken fried steak is with white gravy, country fried steak is with brown gravy.  Sweet tea is something I can't explain. 

Month 7-677 lb. 

Month 8-Back in Everett.  15 minutes from the end of the episode, this is a snoozefest.  

Month 9-still in Everett.  Another tie died shirt, and on his way to his Uber to the local clinic.   Weight: 604 lbs. down 73 lbs.   I'm surprised he did that well.  Call to Dr. Now, and Dr. Now tells him to lose 40 more lbs in two months, and move to Houston.   If he meets those two conditions he'll get surgery.   Charles says he's not moving to Houston, still thinks he can get surgery and fly back to Everett.  

• Like 2
Just now, Hellga said:

What's holding him in Washington?  Not like either of them has a job or any actual commitments.  Are they secretly mooching off the sister or something?  Or their benefits are tied to staying in Washington? 

Their dealers are in WA.

• Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
Just now, aliya said:

I'm not sure if it is fried - though I guess 'chicken fried chicken' would be a hint, huh? There's certainly a batter? skin? on it, but it doesn't taste like fried chicken to me. It's a different texture. 

lol 😂 I read it as fried chicken but that sounds delicious. I know fried chicken is fried but I don’t like overly greasy fried chicken….i recognize this makes zero sense

He is such a clown.  I can't move to Houston so I have no motivation to lose weight because I am only doing it for the doctor and not for my health, yeah.  *facepalm* 

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 1
4 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

Okay, with just 10 minutes left, in case y'all don't return for next week, I need to say thanks. My Mom used to watch the show and we'd debrief on Thursdays as I drove to work.  She LOVED Dr. Now and loved when he got SERIOUS with the Poundicipants.  Sometimes I'd tell her what y'all wrote and she cracked up many times over your witty commentary.  Anyway, this Saturday marks one year since she passed away. It's been tough, but you have honestly all made this past few months much nicer.  I can actually watch the show and be happy and not sad--still missing my Mom, but at the point where I can laugh again (in general) and, here, think about her in happy ways.  I just wish she could have seen Dr. Now's next-level shade and snark this season!  Thank you all--you are the BEST!

Aw, right back at ya, neighbor! You should join us for Love After Lockup on Fridays. Some quality snark right there. 

Seriously, to echo the peerless @LizzyB, you are all a real bright spot in my week, and I love our oddball little community of snarkers. 

• Like 2
  • Love 5
Just now, Auntie Anxiety said:

Ummm, Sis, you can exercise AND count at the same time.

You are asking for some serious mulit-tasking. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

"Dr. Now has just asked for too much." This sums up his whole life. Dude's trying to SAVE YOUR LIFE but you see it as a burden. Sheesh. I can't.

• Like 6
  • Applause 2