Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: Live Chat

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, mmecorday said:

OMG, that all sounds so good! I have been taking meals to my BFF's mom every other Wednesday and I am definitely going to try the Greek style shrimp with feta and the kalamata olives and couscous. 

The soup was adapted from a recipe in Mark Bittman's "How to Cook Everything Fast" (I usually tweak his recipes a little. Or a lot). The shrimp dish I just kinda made up. Just chop an onion, cook till translucent, little garlic, some oregano, deglaze with a bit of white wine, throw in a cup or so of couscous, add some stock, cook for five or ten minutes, I had thawed frozen cooked shrimp so just threw that in with the olives and feta, juiced a lemon, let it all cook for a couple minutes more to warm the shrimp through, et voila!

• Like 4
  • Love 6
24 minutes ago, Hellga said:

Really, Brenda couldn't find a day off to make a trip to Houston?  She could have come in the morning and left in the afternoon... or come for a weekend.  I don't think she is working 6-7 days a week, she used to serve on him hand and foot before, after all.  Something tells me their relationship isn't as strong as he thinks it is. 

She may not be able to afford the trip.

• Like 4
5 minutes ago, ams1001 said:

I might be having a panic attack and I don't know if I can drink my tea now.

Hang on. You're OK and safe. We love you. Try a sip of that tea. You'll be fine. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

I had to resize this thing because it was huge.  Here is the new man!  He has abs and likes to give massages and compliments.

chrisM.png

You make a very nice couple.

• Like 6
  • Love 3
8 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Same, I've given up on trying to get caught up. What's everyone up to? 

Parenting my adult child while she recovers from surgery. I have been so mean, bringing her only healthy food (jk jk there has been ice cream already). She is an honorary Pounder tonight. Only pulled her hoodie strings tight to block her view ONCE!  Yay!

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Eldemarge said:

I had to resize this thing because it was huge.  Here is the new man!  He has abs and likes to give massages and compliments.

chrisM.png

He's cute! And that is a big mug!

Is that a rubber ducky in your drink?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Hang on. You're OK and safe. We love you. Try a sip of that tea. You'll be fine. 

Thank you. Sipping water. 

• Hugs 4
2 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

chrisM.png

You guys are adorable!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

He is not sounding so 'good'.  Anyone who was really having good progress is usually upbeat and proud, but not him.  But he still managed to lose weight, not quite as much as he should have, but pretty good.   

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

chrisM.png

You two are absolutely adorable and should win some kind of Cuteness Prize. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

I might be having a panic attack and I don't know if I can drink my tea now.

Are you ok? Breathe in deeply through your nose for a count of five; then exhale through your mouth for a count of five. Repeat a few times and see if that helps.

I'm sorry. Panic attacks suck.

• Like 2
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, ams1001 said:

He's cute! And that is a big mug!

Is that a rubber ducky in your drink?

Yes, they put a little rubber duck in my drink for some reason...

My man used to be a firefighter and an EMT and he actually has STORIES or being called to move 600 pounders!  He has not idea how interesting that stuff is to me.

• Like 3
  • Fire 3
  • Love 5
4 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

chrisM.png

Cute couple!! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Patrick the PT? What happened to Thor?

1 minute ago, Elizzikra said:

Are you ok? Breathe in deeply through your nose for a count of five; then exhale through your mouth for a count of five. Repeat a few times and see if that helps.

I'm sorry. Panic attacks suck.

I think so. Thank you.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, LizzyB said:

Parenting my adult child while she recovers from surgery. I have been so mean, bringing her only healthy food (jk jk there has been ice cream already). She is an honorary Pounder tonight. Only pulled her hoodie strings tight to block her view ONCE!  Yay!

I am sending mega good wishes across town (or across the street, who knows?) for your daughter's speedy recovery! 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
(edited)

So, Thor is now Patrick.  

After seven years bedbound, he's making a lot of progress. 

He's still making progress.   I hope he's a success story, and there's a follow up. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Like 7
1 minute ago, MagicEyes said:

I'm sure Patrick is a fine physical therapist, but he is not a viking. 

I MUST see this Thor person now.  Definitely watching the first hour later on.

• Like 3
  • LOL 6

I would like to see an update on him.  Hopefully he will actually be able to stand up.  At least he is continuing to lose weight and improve his ability to work his joints a bit... but sucks that he had to start off such a low baseline.

Have a good night and good weekend, everyone.  See you here next week! 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

@Pepper MostlyI have always loved to cook, but got out of the habit after my mother died. I ate a lot of restaurant take-out and cheap frozen meals for years. The one good thing about the pandemic was that it forced me back into the kitchen to get creative again. 

• Like 4
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Thor must have run for the hills. 

Decided that humanness is overrated and went back to Asgard more like it... 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, Eldemarge said:

chrisM.png

He is very cute, but you’re gorgeous!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1