Type keyword(s) to search

S6.E12: The Reunion

• Start Topic

(edited)

The reunion heats up as Nick and Vanessa Lachey revisit the drama from the pods to the present with this season's participants and special guests

Edited by DearEvette

Vanessa and Nick came in hot for Jeramey and Sarah Ann.  They learned their lesson from the Jackie/Josh debacle. For once they did good.

Actually I love how everyone came in hot for Sarah Ann and Jeramey solidifying them as the season's villains. Even Netflix did with playing a never before seen convo between Laura and Sarah Ann that basically shows Jeramey throwing shade at Jimmy.

I actually came away with more liking for Laura.

I could have done without the previous season couples.  Too much time was spent on them, they already had their reunions.  I wanted a deeper dive into Jimmy and Chelsea. And poor Britanny and Kenneth didn't even get to say boo until almost an hour and twenty minutes in.

I will say I liked them having their ear to what is being said on socials and all the scandals.  Since Vanessa and Nick couldn't seem to ask their own good questions, having someone (probably some Netflix intern) summarize the bigger questions that came up across various SM was a good call.

Actually all the receipts they pulled out were great. From Sarah Ann's implying it was all just for entertainment to Them vindicating Jessica's version of events over Jimmy's to them having the text messages between Trevor and his gf.

Speaking of Trevor. Oof!  I give him credit for coming in person. But man, he just had nothing to say. He just whiffed it hard.

A hot mess of a season, but damn very memorable and one of the best reunions.

Also, Vanessa... calling the couples from season 3 and 4 the 'OG's -- girl whut? You are not an OG if you come in on the 4th season of something. The only OG on the stage was Gia.

• Like 7
(edited)
8 minutes ago, DearEvette said:

Vanessa and Nick came in hot for Jeramey and Sarah Ann.  They learned their lesson from the Jackie/Josh debacle. For once they did good.

Actually I love how everyone came in hot for Sarah Ann and Jeramey solidifying them as the season's villains. Even Netflix did with playing a never before seen convo between Laura and Sarah Ann that basically shows Jeramey throwing shade at Jimmy.

I actually came away with more liking for Laura.

I could have done without the previous season couples.  Too much time was spent on them, they already had their reunions.  I wanted a deeper dive into Jimmy and Chelsea. And poor Britanny and Kenneth didn't even get to say boo until almost an hour and twenty minutes in.

I will say I liked them having their ear to what is being said on socials and all the scandals.  Since Vanessa and Nick couldn't seem to ask their own good questions, having someone (probably some Netflix intern) summarize the bigger questions that came up across various SM was a good call.

Actually all the receipts they pulled out were great. From Sarah Ann's implying it was all just for entertainment to Them vindicating Jessica's version of events over Jimmy's to them having the text messages between Trevor and his gf.

Speaking of Trevor. Oof!  I give him credit for coming in person. But man, he just had nothing to say. He just whiffed it hard.

A hot mess of a season, but damn very memorable and one of the best reunions.

Also, Vanessa... calling the couples from season 3 and 4 the 'OG's -- girl whut? You are not an OG if you come in on the 4th season of something. The only OG on the stage was Gia.

Why invite Gia though? I am glad she ditched the loser she met on the show but she is with a completely different partner. I may be naive but I believe Clay. He has issues and was not ready for marriage but I hope he does well with therapy and finds a balance and the ability to be a good partner. Clay saying that Bret said “ all the right words” was not a compliment. Clay’s dad was a smooth operator, that is where a clay learned it from. Words mean nothing, you need to show up. Bret did, Clay and his father did not. 

i wonder why Lauren and Cameron were not there.

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 5

Sarah Ann still doesn't get it, does she? She and Jeramy deserve each other. 

Clay is one good looking man. I'm glad he's working through his issues. AD still seems so wounded, though, which made me sad.

Still detest Micah Mean Girl. 

Oh Trevor. So so busted. I laughed out loud when Nick said, "Trevor, you can leave now" and he scuttled away. I was embarrassed for the fool.

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • LOL 5
(edited)

AD’s picker is broken…she was willing to go on a few dates with Matthew? Really? Nope.  She deserves better.
Micah, Izzy and Jessica on perfect match? Hard pass, they are awful. Jess has a heart of gold? Really? All she could talk about is how pretty she is and that what’s his face would need an epi pen when he saw her. Epi pens fight life threatening allergic reactions that are not at all pleasant or welcome….sounds about right. 

Edited by sainte-chapelle
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 1
  • LOL 2

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'm not really bothered by Sarah Ann and Jeramy.  Should Jeramy have broken things up with Laura earlier?  Yes.  Was it appropriate for him to talk with Sarah Ann until 5am?  No.  But acting as if this is a normal dating/engagement situation is just ridiculous.  Sarah Ann and Laura dated Jeramy for the same amount of time and at the same time.  Her sending him a message saying, "Hey, if things don't work out, give me a call" makes sense to me.  We're talking about a show where out of the five couples that usually make it out of the pods, only 1 or 2 relationships actually result in marriage.  It's not as if Sarah Ann and Jeramy dated for two years, broke up and then a year later he started dating Laura, proposed to her after two years and then Sarah Ann tried to get him back.  Also, Laura is a mean girl!  I don't think she really loved Jeramy either.  She just wanted to beat Sarah Ann and when she did, she had the biggest poo-eating grin on her face as she "consoled" Sarah Ann after Jeramy broke up with her in the pods.  This is a woman who complained about Sarah Ann's message to Jeramy, then in the next breath encourages Jessica to go after Jimmy while he's still engaged to Chelsea.  And then there's the whole beandip situation! (which she brought up again, despite AD obviously not being happy about it, just because she was trying to save her image, the selfish cow)  So yeah, what Jeramy and Sarah Ann did wasn't cool but Laura isn't some innocent angel.  She's just mad that she "lost" and the fact that she's with someone else now but still so upset is very telling.

Agree about the couples from past seasons.  Why were they there?  I get having Brennan and Alexa pop in since they're having the first Love is Blind baby (well, them and Zach/Bliss) but everyone else?  Why? 

And poor AD is a fool.  She still is going on about how she was so good for Clay and all the stuff she could have done for him.  Stop trying to be the fixer!  Look for the guy who's going to be good for you!  Who's trying to take care of you!  If you want to rescue and fix something, get a rescue pet!  At least she wasn't interested in dating Clay again.  That's something, at least.

I'm still confused about Johnny.  Did he not use condoms in his past relationships?  And how do you get to 27 and not know anything about birth control?  It's just not making sense to me.

So Brittany and Kenneth get about five minutes of screentime and they don't even bring up how Kenneth seemed to be having second thoughts after having the race conversation with AD?  What the hell?  They spent half the show on Laura/Jeramy/Sarah Ann, shared a pointless tiktok of Amy and Johnny but didn't have time to fully address things with Brittany and Kenneth?  Please.

Of course Jessica and Micah have bonded and will be on Perfect Match.  Ugh.  I feel so bad for Autumn.

• Like 9
  • Applause 5
59 minutes ago, sainte-chapelle said:

i wonder why Lauren and Cameron were not there.

It sounds like the S1 people (or at least couples) are moving away from the franchise.  I recently read that Lauren said that their contract with Netflix ended and she didn't really watch the show any longer. 

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Snapdragon said:

So Brittany and Kenneth get about five minutes of screentime and they don't even bring up how Kenneth seemed to be having second thoughts after having the race conversation with AD?  What the hell? 

Yes, agreed that it was more than a bit odd that nothing was brought up regarding the second thoughts that Kenneth seemed to be having after the race discussion with AD.  Also, if the reports that Kenneth is gay are accurate, then it makes a lot of sense that he and Brittany are such great friends now.  ("We talk every day.")

• Like 5
  • Mind Blown 3

Not the reading of the text messages!!!! I'm surprised he didn't run off stage when they started reading them. Just hung his head in shame. Sadly, it's not a new story. Like on the Bachelorette. Somehow these fools get through, the question is: HOW?!! He wanted to try the experiment & if it didn't work, go back her??? 🤨 & What is the redness in his hairline??? Eh. The confrontation got to be too much & he waited to be told he could run away. How respectful. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

The Trevor situation was extremely painful to watch.  I don't know what the producers told him before inviting him to the reunion show, but the fact that he wasn't invited at stage at the beginning ("Trevor countdown: 29 minutes") probably should have been a red flag.  Did they tell him ahead of time that they had his text messages?  How did they get his text messages?  Did he share them?  It sounds like he had a planned response, and then in the heat of the moment, in front of everybody, he couldn't execute his planned response, and so just sat there very awkwardly and admitted he was horrible.  

I didn't find that much fun to watch, obviously.

The producers probably could have just skipped having Trevor on the reunion show, and spared everybody the torture.

Agree with the others that there was too much time spent on previous season couples.  Good for all of them for staying together, but there was plenty of material in Season 6 that we could have focused on.  Of course, they were needed for the shameless plug for "Perfect Match", which we also could have skipped.

Finally, when you produce a reality TV show like "Love is Blind", do not be surprised when people come on who want to be on a TV show.  Every single person on that show, to a greater or lesser extent, *wanted* to be on a TV show, and become "famous" to some degree.  Maybe that is not their primary reason, but by the time we get to Season 6 of a reality show, you know what you're getting into, and that has to be at least part of the appeal to go on the show.

• Like 10

I thought it was funny that the blonde was bragging that she was involved in casting the show.  Why didn't the casting catch the players like Trevor.  He had a girlfriend and just wanted publicity.  

I really did not like that they spent so much time on the older cast and did not concentrate on this season.  I am sure there was more to say to the last half of the cast that they talked to quickly at the end.  I also got bored with all the Laura and Jeramey/Sarah Ann arguing.  After awhile I tune out when they just talk in circles and argue.  

Jess and Chelsea being friends was surprising.  I guess they bonded over their annoyance with Jimmy.  

• Like 7
12 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

I'm still confused about Johnny.  Did he not use condoms in his past relationships?  And how do you get to 27 and not know anything about birth control?  It's just not making sense to me.

Maybe he was still a virgin...

13 hours ago, Snapdragon said:

The explanation is that he’s the typical guy who has always assumed women would be the ones to take care of it, whether via birth control pills or an IUD, etc. He said something about having always been with women who were on the pill. And apparently he doesn’t think condoms as birth control is a reliable method. But, in his mind, why would he need to learn about any other kinds of birth control since those have nothing to do with him? It’s honestly just great commentary on the lacking sex education in this country and how society puts all the onus on women to figure this stuff out. And then we let men make all the decisions about reproductive rights, but I digress. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 9
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Why invite Gia though? I am glad she ditched the loser she met on the show but she is with a completely different partner.

To show that production makes baffling choices?  I wonder if there was another couple planned that had to pull out and they needed to fill the seats on the set that had already been planned and prepared.  

1 hour ago, LakeGal said:

I thought it was funny that the blonde was bragging that she was involved in casting the show.  Why didn't the casting catch the players like Trevor.  He had a girlfriend and just wanted publicity. 

Interesting that she up the job which for which she expressed she had such an attachment during her season in order to join production. From Pediatric Speech and Language Pathologist to casting?  I think we now have an explanation for some of the people chosen to appear on reality shows.  I can't help but wonder how romping around in her underwear on camera and OTT PDA was received by colleagues and clients in her previous profession.

2 hours ago, BradC said:

The producers probably could have just skipped having Trevor on the reunion show, and spared everybody the torture.

I think they did it as a cautionary tale for people entertaining similar ideas in the future by letting them know they will be humiliated on TV if it comes to light.  It wouldn't surprise me to learn there is a clause in their contracts making reunion attendance mandatory.  I'm not sorry they showcased him and those messages considering the sympathetic edit he received during the episodes.

All in all this wasn't a great season.  I still think season one of Sweden is the best.

• Like 2
(edited)

Ok, who from this season is going to wind up on a future season of House of Villains?  Trevor and Johnny have potential.

ETA: Whoops! I meant Trevor and Jimmy.

Edited by NeenerNeener

I was disappointed that we didn't get more updates from Chelsea and Jimmy. Is it just me or is anyone else confused if they are now together or not? There were moments when their exchanges communicated a lot of respect and care for each other and other moments where you could see there were deep wounds.

Jimmy just looked so sad throughout most of the show.

• Like 5
7 hours ago, BradC said:

The Trevor situation was extremely painful to watch.  I don't know what the producers told him before inviting him to the reunion show, but the fact that he wasn't invited at stage at the beginning ("Trevor countdown: 29 minutes") probably should have been a red flag.  Did they tell him ahead of time that they had his text messages?  How did they get his text messages?  Did he share them?  It sounds like he had a planned response, and then in the heat of the moment, in front of everybody, he couldn't execute his planned response, and so just sat there very awkwardly and admitted he was horrible.  

I didn't find that much fun to watch, obviously.

They had the texts because his ex-girlfriend posted them.  Apparently he broke up with her around the time the show started to air, so she posted them so that people would know what a creep he was.  And there were way more messages than what they showed on the reunion.  He talks about how he's probably going to get a great edit, come off as such a great guy, etc.  Also, the show left out that according to the ex-girlfriend, Trevor threatened to show her minor son a sex tape of her if she ratted him out.  He's trash and I don't feel sorry for him in the slightest.  

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 1

Sarah Anne and Laura at the lake house made Sarah look less villain.  The show put out she showed up and left with him on jet ski.  They left out conveniently her apologizing. 

Does Laura even know what show this is, he held my dog! My grandmother has a flight. Would she rather he went to the wedding then say no? 

Chelsea jumping in saying everytime she sees Jimmy they're broken up was ridiculous. She herself is the worst.  She should have been called out more. 

• Like 4

Even though she wasn't my favorite, I do give Laura a bit more grace.  She was engaged to a man who told her he loved her.  Regardless of the venue or speed or anything, it is shitty for another woman to try to slide in on that.  And it is even shittier for him to treat her the way he did. 

Beyond anything else, he at least owed her the basic respect of the relationship they had at the time. 

By the time she and Sarah Ann had that conversation at the lake, Sarah Ann and Jeremy were already a thing.  They had already done whatever they did til 5:00 am that morning.  He had already  packed Laura's bags for her to show her the door.  Sarah Ann could afford to show grace because in her mind she knew she had already 'won.'  And Laura, again to her credit, was ok talking to Sarah Ann because like she rightfully had said over and over, her issue was with Jeramey because he was the one who made her promises, not Sarah Ann.

That is why I don't care they got all that smoke.  Every time there was a new revelation about him, it showed what a callous person he was.  And Sarah Ann went on national tv wearing body glitter which says a lot about her judgement, imo.

And I know people go on the show for fame or clout, but those people are not smart, imo.  Netflix isn't trying to make you famous, they are trying to sell a storyline and will chuck your ass under a bus to make their narrative work.  You can probably count on one hand how many people who have come on this show over the six seasons who got significant air time have been able to come out of it with positive regard and/or their dignity intact from the viewing public.  Them clowning Trevor the way they did is a signal they will do  if they think you are trying to game them.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, NeenerNeener said:

Ok, who from this season is going to wind up on a future season of House of Villains?  Trevor and Johnny have potential.

Do you mean Trevor and Jimmy?

• Like 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, HerkyJerky said:

Do you mean Trevor and Jimmy?

Don't Trevor and Jeramy make even more sense? 

(And really, Jimmy, Johnny and Jeramy is just a casting fail in terms of names. )

Edited by Irlandesa
  • Like 2

The Trevor part was hard to watch. He seems like he has some mental health issues he needs to work through and as badly as he behaved, it was not fun to watch him get humiliated on TV. I hope they had someone walk him out and keep an eye on him afterward.

We got some closure around Clay & AD, but I wish they would have asked him outright why he didn't share his doubts clearly with her before the wedding. Why let AD go all the way through with it, pretending you were going to say yes. Even all the altar he was smiling and joking like he was going to say yes. But he knew he wasn't ready. He explained clearly why he said No but did not explain the timing. I think Production doesn't want to admit that without some No's at the altar they don't have a show.

Jeramey and Sarah Ann seem awful but Laura is unnaturally angry about it. Move on. You dodged a bullet.

Johnny didn't fully explain his position on the birth control argument but I got the sense that he's one of those guys that doesn't think of condoms as birth control. He thinks of them as STD prevention, but then once you & your partner test as having no STDs, you ditch the condoms and rely solely on the woman's birth control.

Chelsea seems to have gained a little more self-awareness about her own insecurity and delusions after having watched herself on TV. I wish they'd talked to her and Jimmy a bit more.

The conversation with Jessica just went on and on. I'm so bored of her story and everyone raves about how fantastic she is but she showed her mean girl colors when she ripped into Jimmy about what a mistake he made by not choosing her because she was so much hotter than Chelsea he was going to choke when he saw her. I guess she's apologized since for that rant but you know it's still there in her.

• Like 6
(edited)

I was all in on Jessica until she made the comment that Jimmy will "choke" when he sees her (implied vs. Chelsea) and that he'll need an Epipen.  It's no wonder that she & awful Micah have ridden off into the sunset as BFF'ers.

I loved the brief conversation Clay had with Brett, and I wish those two would become friends IRL.  Seems like they have a similar background, but Brett has turned into the husband that Clay said he wanted to be.

Clay will forever have the same wandering eye of his father.  He'll be the 80 year-old in the Senior Living Center chasing after the young 50-somethings.

Sweet AD going from Clay to Matthew was painful to hear.  Girl has got to be getting blown up in her DM's.  Pick one of those.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 3
27 minutes ago, JoannKBC said:

Chelsea seems to have gained a little more self-awareness about her own insecurity and delusions after having watched herself on TV. I wish they'd talked to her and Jimmy a bit more.

Yeah.  It was criminal how they basically didn't delve into anything Jimmy and Chelsea or Brittany and Kenneth.

They spent a good twenty minutes on the non Season 6 people to advertise Perfect Match and to satisfy Vanessa's baby hunger. They think they are slick.  She got so much backlash for asking about babies, they did an end run by inviting Alexa and Brennan who were basically just seat warmers. And Gia and her non LIB partner (she is probably the only S1 person who agreed to still be involved) so she wouldn't have to ask. 

Jessica who didn't even get engaged got more space than Brittany and Kenneth. I don't care about her and Jimmy.  Or their endless argument that really could have been cut for time. Sigh.

12 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

Sweet AD going from Clay to Matthew was painful to hear.  Girl has got to be getting blown up in her DM's.  Pick one of those.

I am not surprised that she'd be a little curious about him.  She really liked him and I am betting if she hadn't discovered he was doing a cut and paste with his responses to the other Amber and if he had actually proposed, she would have said yes to him.  So it makes sense that they might have met up just to get some of that curiosity out of the way.  At least she realized after two dates they were just too different. 

• Like 3

Hypocrisy thy name is Lachey!

I thought it was priceless when they went off on Sarah Ann for saying it was entertainment.  I mean, for that to be true, you’d have to have a situation where production edited the film to highlight the most confrontational and difficult moments, only cover the people who had the most dramatic story lines, have a producer with them to push them, keep the booze flowing…. Oh, wait 🤔

And did it not dawn on anyone there that while yes, it was pretty horrible for Chelsea to violate Jimmy’s confidence, it was the show that chose to put that in the episode?  

I agree that the point of the Trevor and Sarah Ann sections was to warn off future attempts.  The clear message is Love is Blind can use you, you can’t use Love is Blind.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

And did it not dawn on anyone there that while yes, it was pretty horrible for Chelsea to violate Jimmy’s confidence, it was the show that chose to put that in the episode?  

Good point. If Production really cared about protecting this woman's reputation, they would have respected Jimmy's wishes and edited it out. Beyond the fact that it might be slightly embarrassing for Jimmy's friend, is there something more serious at stake? Was this woman married when they slept together? Or were they working together or something?

• Like 6
6 hours ago, JoannKBC said:

Good point. If Production really cared about protecting this woman's reputation, they would have respected Jimmy's wishes and edited it out. Beyond the fact that it might be slightly embarrassing for Jimmy's friend, is there something more serious at stake? Was this woman married when they slept together? Or were they working together or something?

I could see it being very awkward if the rest of their friend group didn't know.  Also, depending on how close of friends they are, maybe they go to get togethers with each others families.  I can see that being very awkward as well.  I think people forget that while there are people who like to put all their business out there for the world to see, there are plenty of people who are private and don't want details from their sex life broadcasted.  

• Like 2
9 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

I don't think anyone is expecting the show to care about the woman's privacy which is why Jimmy told Chelsea off-camera, asked her not to mention it on-camera and felt betrayed when she brought it up during an on-camera argument.

• Like 6
(edited)
On 3/13/2024 at 11:23 PM, Tess23 said:

Sarah Ann still doesn't get it, does she? She and Jeramy deserve each other. 

And everybody rooting for em is gone wind up with their feelings in shambles when they find out 6 months from now that he’s cheated on her with his baby’s mother.

On 3/14/2024 at 12:23 AM, Snapdragon said:

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I'm not really bothered by Sarah Ann and Jeramy.  Should Jeramy have broken things up with Laura earlier?  Yes.  Was it appropriate for him to talk with Sarah Ann until 5am?  No.  But acting as if this is a normal dating/engagement situation is just ridiculous.  Sarah Ann and Laura dated Jeramy for the same amount of time and at the same time.  Her sending him a message saying, "Hey, if things don't work out, give me a call" makes sense to me.  We're talking about a show where out of the five couples that usually make it out of the pods, only 1 or 2 relationships actually result in marriage.  It's not as if Sarah Ann and Jeramy dated for two years, broke up and then a year later he started dating Laura, proposed to her after two years and then Sarah Ann tried to get him back.  Also, Laura is a mean girl!  I don't think she really loved Jeramy either.  She just wanted to beat Sarah Ann and when she did, she had the biggest poo-eating grin on her face as she "consoled" Sarah Ann after Jeramy broke up with her in the pods.  This is a woman who complained about Sarah Ann's message to Jeramy, then in the next breath encourages Jessica to go after Jimmy while he's still engaged to Chelsea.  And then there's the whole beandip situation! (which she brought up again, despite AD obviously not being happy about it, just because she was trying to save her image, the selfish cow)  So yeah, what Jeramy and Sarah Ann did wasn't cool but Laura isn't some innocent angel.  She's just mad that she "lost" and the fact that she's with someone else now but still so upset is very telling.

What Jeramey should have done is the same thing Zack did.  Be a grown up, acknowledge out loud that the woman you chose is not the one you wanted and interrupt the process by telling the producers, your fake fiancée and the woman it turns out you do want, the truth.  Zack didn’t lie, cheat or sneak around and he still got what he wanted by simply being transparent.   I don’t think anyone is pressed that Sarah Ann and Jeramy are together, but the how and when they got together was disrespectful af.  She pursued a man who’d already passed on her, after the point of his commitment to someone else.  And because he’s an ain’t shit dude his own mama doesn't believe, he responded while in the commitment.  They didn’t go at em hard enough.  Being called to the carpet for behaving inappropriately and disruptively then being delusional about how it is received is not bullying, it’s being held accountable for your choices. Considering her affinity for red baseball caps, it shouldn’t shock me that she struggled to understand while AD was trying to give her a hand with it.  If Laura was unbearable, mean, condescending, etc. that was his opportunity to use her treatment as the excuse to say I don’t like it here no more, Seacrest out. ✌🏾

On 3/14/2024 at 2:33 PM, ichbin said:

I think they did it as a cautionary tale for people entertaining similar ideas in the future by letting them know they will be humiliated on TV if it comes to light.  It wouldn't surprise me to learn there is a clause in their contracts making reunion attendance mandatory.  I'm not sorry they showcased him and those messages considering the sympathetic edit he received during the episodes.

All in all this wasn't a great season.  I still think season one of Sweden is the best.

Yeah somebody should check on Trevor.  He has that same low-key sociopathic trait those people on Catfish do.   

On 3/14/2024 at 6:14 PM, yellowcalla said:

I was disappointed that we didn't get more updates from Chelsea and Jimmy. Is it just me or is anyone else confused if they are now together or not? There were moments when their exchanges communicated a lot of respect and care for each other and other moments where you could see there were deep wounds.

Jimmy just looked so sad throughout most of the show.

She posted on her IG that they tried making it for 4 days following taping and they just couldn’t.

On 3/14/2024 at 9:40 PM, Artsda said:

Sarah Anne and Laura at the lake house made Sarah look less villain.  The show put out she showed up and left with him on jet ski.  They left out conveniently her apologizing. 

Does Laura even know what show this is, he held my dog! My grandmother has a flight. Would she rather he went to the wedding then say no? 

Chelsea jumping in saying everytime she sees Jimmy they're broken up was ridiculous. She herself is the worst.  She should have been called out more. 

Sitting a lady down to justify why you’re trying to poach the man she’s with is some new age 2024 mess.  She approached her because they were there.  Something like 5 days had passed between the location-share and the lake house and Sarah Ann hadn’t reached out to Laura one time that we know of, on or off camera.   

The things that kept coming out her mouth at the Re’une also did her no favors.  Going back and forth over being called a pick-me with the woman your dude actually chose is secondhand embarrassing lol.  When Jess said “just like you said you were gonna do in the pods” we knew what it was.  To which Sarah said “I’m not here to make friends….”     So why are you loud and beat about getting put out the girls’ group chat?  Tuh!

I think you meant Jeramy.  At first he said I haven’t seen you, then he said I’ve seen you once.  Chelsea is not the muffucah to play with about receipts hunny lol.  She proceeded to name the times, dates and bars where they ran into each other. Told Jeremy what her verbatim questions and his verbatim responses were.  After which he did recall after all and confirmed that he and Sarah have “had their ups and downs” like all couples.

12 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

Yes but, had they not allowed the audience to see it, we wouldn’tve known the exact moment the straw and broke back camel showed up for Jimmy.  Excluding that random thing Clay said about AD’s finances, we usually get to see the moment it all turns to dust.

Clay is a fast blinking, saying a lotta words but nothing substantive, salesman.   He has acquired more self awareness but the follow through is 2 stars, do not recommend. Someone online said, he does need healing but she is not that boy’s hospital.  ::tambourine pap::   For her own good I hope AD is moving past her build a bear phase because 🎶 truth is I’m tired.  Spending your time investing in making a man better for the next woman he meets?  She needs to unpack that.  There was a point when Kenneth and Brittany were talking about FaceTime’ing every day and the camera man swung over to Clay/AD in time to catch him give her an I told you so tap on her thigh.  That made me worry that they got back together.

Nessa gurl, I smooth don’t care about any portion of the Lachey love story.  We got it, you ultimatumed him, it worked out.  Sis-boom-bah.  But you turn into a cot-damb porcupine anytime somebody says the words Jessica Simpson…..and it’s been 20 years.  Feel free to grab a towel and join Chelsea in the self esteem sauna.

Edited by ZaldamoWilder
  • Like 1
  • Applause 5
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
52 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

For her own good I hope AD is moving past her build a bear phase because 🎶 truth is I’m tired.  Spending your time investing in making a man better for the next woman he meets?  She needs to unpack that.  

• Like 2

I actually enjoyed this reunion. I felt they didn't stay too much time on every story, it was a small passing through, they didn't deliberately try to make people uncomfortable and I feel I got almost all the answers I wanted.

Random thoughts:

Jessica and Micah becoming friends, yes this is a couple of women who are meant for one another.

I would like to know the dating status of people, we didn't hear if most of this season's people are dating anyone.

The blonde who helps find singles for LIB, I don't like her at all.

I can't say enough how much I hate Alexa and everything she represents. I think she is the worst kind of woman that exists.

I didn't appreciate how they treated Trevor, I mean, many people are in relationships and they still go to these shows. He should have been apologetic but not almost in tears. He didn't betray his country or commited a murder..

Is this the second kid for Bliss and Zach? So happy for them.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Irlandesa said:
23 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

I don't think anyone is expecting the show to care about the woman's privacy which is why Jimmy told Chelsea off-camera, asked her not to mention it on-camera and felt betrayed when she brought it up during an on-camera argument

I wasn’t expecting the show to care.  I was just saying that’s it’s rich for Nick to be lecturing Trevor about real life implications when the show doesn’t care.

11 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Yes but, had they not allowed the audience to see it, we wouldn’tve known the exact moment the straw and broke back camel showed up for Jimmy.

Sure, let’s run the risk of messing up someone not on the show’s life for the sake of plot consistency.  

• Like 2
(edited)
12 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Clay is a fast blinking, saying a lotta words but nothing substantive, salesman.

Someone on Reddit called him ClayGPT and every time he opened his mouth I could not unsee it.

1 hour ago, call me ishmael said:

Sure, let’s run the risk of messing up someone not on the show’s life for the sake of plot consistency.

I agree with your sentiment somewhat but also I feel that it is situational.  If they had aired, say, a medical condition or some other private information solely about the woman that really didn't have anything to do with Jimmy or Chelsea's relationship, then that would be, imo, unethical and really crossed a line. But this was about Jimmy sleeping with someone who -- if she was one of the women we saw on screen -- then it is germane to what their show is about.  And If indeed the woman Jimmy slept with was one of the women he introduced Chelsea to on screen, then she was on the show.  Sure she wasn't a pod person, but I'll bet she had to sign papers that probably laid out what they would/could use about her appearance. If she hadn't come on the show and agreed to meet Chelsea on camera, the audience would not have had a reference point for the argument and very likely it would not have been used.  I mean, yeah, it is a shitty thing, but it is a reality show and they are going to use anything they can to create watchable moments. While the production company has done lots of questionable stuff, imo this one is not on them. It is squarely on Chelsea.

I mean, look at Clay's family.  He put his dad on blast to millions of Netflix viewers for cheating and carrying him along on cheating visits, we know his mom had to put up with all of that and all of that led to what was probably one of the more powerful and impactful conversations on the show between his parents. 

Edited by DearEvette
(edited)

Amy’s red gown is a lot, with the … half sleeves? Cuffs? I’ve never fully understood why the dress code for reality show reunions is “pageant.” Like, Sarah Ann really had on body glitter. In 2024. At age 30, or however old she is. Oh-kay.

I never thought Jeramey was cute but I thought he looked terrible on this reunion. Just nothing attractive there at all, either in looks or personality. He just seems like an asshole.

16 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Being called to the carpet for behaving inappropriately and disruptively then being delusional about how it is received is not bullying, it’s being held accountable for your choices

Exactly. Jessica said it best- at the most basic level, Sarah Ann and Jeramey could and should have handled the situation more respectfully, and people are entitled to think they’re foul because of it. If Laura really thought Jeramey was it for her, that they were going to get married and have kids and alladat, then I agree with her that Sarah Ann and Jeramey made a mockery of that, and that sucks. I do think they’re a better match than Jeramey and Laura, but the way they got together is iffy at best, and actions have consequences.

Watching Trevor just sitting there with his mouth hanging open was hilarious, I can’t even lie.

On 3/14/2024 at 12:27 AM, Irlandesa said:

It sounds like the S1 people (or at least couples) are moving away from the franchise.  I recently read that Lauren said that their contract with Netflix ended and she didn't really watch the show any longer. 

Cameron posted that while he has no beef with the show, one, he and Lauren had a prior engagement so couldn’t make it, and two, he wasn’t really feeling season 6 like that (he said he tried to watch it but it was too much about drama). Basically: we’re like six years out from this, we’re good, let somebody else do it.

16 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

Someone online said, he does need healing but she is not that boy’s hospital.  ::tambourine pap::   For her own good I hope AD is moving past her build a bear phase because 🎶 truth is I’m tired.  Spending your time investing in making a man better for the next woman he meets?  She needs to unpack that.  

I saw a clip online where she said she tries to make Clay realize what he missed out on “every chance [she] gets” and I was like, girl … Like, he’ll learn the lesson of “my actions had consequences I don’t like” by being denied access to her. Her hugging up on her (which she said she did, she said they’re all over each other when they see each other and call them “flirty friends”) doesn’t teach him anything except that he can still have her if he wants.

Edited by Empress1
  • Like 5
3 hours ago, Empress1 said:

Amy’s red gown is a lot, with the … half sleeves? Cuffs? I’ve never fully understood why the dress code for reality show reunions is “pageant.” Like, Sarah Ann really had on body glitter. In 2024. At age 30, or however old she is. Oh-kay.

I never thought Jeramey was cute but I thought he looked terrible on this reunion. Just nothing attractive there at all, either in looks or personality. He just seems like an asshole.

Exactly. Jessica said it best- at the most basic level, Sarah Ann and Jeramey could and should have handled the situation more respectfully, and people are entitled to think they’re foul because of it. If Laura really thought Jeramey was it for her, that they were going to get married and have kids and alladat, then I agree with her that Sarah Ann and Jeramey made a mockery of that, and that sucks. I do think they’re a better match than Jeramey and Laura, but the way they got together is iffy at best, and actions have consequences.

Watching Trevor just sitting there with his mouth hanging open was hilarious, I can’t even lie.

Cameron posted that while he has no beef with the show, one, he and Lauren had a prior engagement so couldn’t make it, and two, he wasn’t really feeling season 6 like that (he said he tried to watch it but it was too much about drama). Basically: we’re like six years out from this, we’re good, let somebody else do it.

I saw a clip online where she said she tries to make Clay realize what he missed out on “every chance [she] gets” and I was like, girl … Like, he’ll learn the lesson of “my actions had consequences I don’t like” by being denied access to her. Her hugging up on her (which she said she did, she said they’re all over each other when they see each other and call them “flirty friends”) doesn’t teach him anything except that he can still have her if he wants.

Cam is a sweetheart.  I can’t even picture him being stern about anything lol.  Lauren is too but I can hear her say:  This is co-wash day. Boy, please. 😁

She’s soft hearted to her own detriment.  He looked like he was bout break bad again when she told us about going out with Matthew…twice lol!  Flirty friends.  Mmhmm.  Bet we find out they’re keeping comp’ny. 

7 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

I wasn’t expecting the show to care.  I was just saying that’s it’s rich for Nick to be lecturing Trevor about real life implications when the show doesn’t care.

I think it’s a hair splitting difference but hear me out.  Trevor is making representations to the show about himself/his availability that are untrue. If they know it when they cast him, it’s diabolical to have him on, but:  ratings.  If they don’t know it and find out post production but before the reunion, it’s still ratings gold.  To the point somebody made upthread, you don’t shock the network, that’s their job lol.  So if he did, mazel, but quid pro quo, there’s a price to pay and example to be made.   Hopefully the guy gets some help cause bringing his ex’s kid into the story is another level.

The friend Jimmy slept with was, quite unfortunately, collateral damage.  See, I agree with you, she didn’t have shit to do with this.  If you’re still here thank you for your patience.  So two things:  By the time Jimmy disclosed it to Chelsea, he already knew what her conflict m.o. looked like.  Now what’s the most likely outcome when you hand an undisciplined sniper some ammunition?  Thassright, everybody catches strays.   And B: it was told off camera.  But for Chelsea’s character deficiency, Netflix would never have had it to air.

I’m not mad that you’re mad, but as The Honorable Judith Sheindlin would say, you’re suing the wrong defendant.

• Like 2
(edited)
28 minutes ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

The friend Jimmy slept with was, quite unfortunately, collateral damage.  See, I agree with you, she didn’t have shit to do with this.  If you’re still here thank you for your patience.  So two things:  By the time Jimmy disclosed it to Chelsea, he already knew what her conflict m.o. looked like.  Now what’s the most likely outcome when you hand an undisciplined sniper some ammunition?  Thassright, everybody catches strays.   And B: it was told off camera.  But for Chelsea’s character deficiency, Netflix would never have had it to air.

I’m not mad that you’re mad, but as The Honorable Judith Sheindlin would say, you’re suing the wrong defendant.

See this is where we disagree, and not just because judge Judy is a travesty.  I’m not defending Chelsea (something I haven’t done all season).  Chelsea did Chelsea.  No one made the show say “Chelsea violated confidence so let’s make sure Jimmy’s friend suffers from her actions.”  The show decided to do that when they knew from one of the others (Jimmy) that it wasn’t cool.  

I’m not surprised they did that.  They are  In it for ratings and controversy and embarrassment gets ratings.  But don’t then turn around and go on about how this isn’t about entertainment and how important it is to take account of people’s lives.  

I’m surprised that people seem to want to minimize the responsibility of the show for their editing choices.

Edited by call me ishmael
Spelling
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, call me ishmael said:

See this is where we disagree, and not just because judge Judy is a travesty.  I’m not defending Chelsea (something I haven’t done all season).  Chelsea did Chelsea.  No one made the show say “Chelsea violated confidence so let’s make sure Jimmy’s friend suffers from her actions.”  The show decided to do that when they knew from one of the others (Jimmy) that it wasn’t cool.  

I’m not surprised they did that.  They are  In it for ratings and controversy and embarrassment gets ratings.  But don’t then turn around and go on about how this isn’t about entertainment and how important it is to take account of people’s lives.  

I’m surprised that people seem to want to minimize the responsibility of the show for their editing choices.

I’m dead!  What’d Judy do to you? 😂😂😂

How’d LIB find out about an off-camera convo?

• Like 1

As someone who was up on all of the off-show, online controversy with the girlfriends/fiancee/Megan Fox, etc., it was interesting to watch with my husband who had no idea of what they were talking about and spent the majority of the reunion utterly confused. I had to explain to him that all of this was a really big deal online and that viewers would be glad that the “controversies” were addressed. That being said, they spent way too much time dragging Sarah Anne and Jeremy—especially since they then cut to Bliss and whatshisname at their baby shower, even though he also switched partners halfway through the “process.” (Granted, I get that his original fiancé was bitchiness personified and wanted nothing to do with him.) But it’s certainly not unprecedented for someone to realize they made a mistake. Some other woman switched out her man last season? The season before? I can’t keep track of this show. My point is, it’s happened before without needing to spend 25 minutes straight plus more comments throughout the show completely dragging them. The fact that they’re living together a year later shows that Sarah Anne was the right choice for him. Now, maybe if Laura was a nicer person I could jump on the outrage bandwagon on her behalf, but she was a mean girl who not only treated Jeremy rudely, but that whole bean dip debacle that is “sexual assault lite”! Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not team Jeremy here—but I’m also not team Laura, and they went so far with the anti-Jeremy/Sarah Anne here that it pushed me to their side that they didn’t deserve all that.

On a more bittersweet note, I’m glad to see that Clay has really been working on himself. You could still see a lot of love between him and AD. I hope when he’s really ready, if she hasn’t yet found someone else, he can win her back. Can you imagine how lucky their kids would be having both of their mothers as grandmothers? I want to spend the holidays with Mama Clay and Mama AD.

• Like 3
14 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

But for Chelsea’s character deficiency, Netflix would never have had it to air.

Yeah, in the timeless words of Heather B., who was on the first-ever season of The Real World: they use what you give them. Jimmy made a point of keeping that off camera and Chelsea blew that up, and IMO she was fully in the wrong for that. Netflix wouldn’t have had the “should we/shouldn’t we” choice to make if Chelsea hadn’t provided them with the info by saying it on camera.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
On 3/16/2024 at 8:33 PM, ZaldamoWilder said:

Yes, and but also...

Two things I'm 'gonna note about this situation. First, Chelsea fucked up not one, but two of Jimmy's friendships, just because she's got low self-esteem. Ole' girl he slept with is mad because her business is on front street and other girl is mad because half the world thinks that she's the one Chelsea was talking about. Is Netflix to blame - partially, but snakes 'gotta slither. This was mostly about a conversation that Chelsea probably started "Your best friends are two girls? Really? And you never did anything with them? Oh wait, so you did date one of them? How long ago is a long time? And you don't think it's strange that you and she are still friends????" I imagine this conversation came out after a lot of interrogation on her part and him trying to put her at ease - just like the million other times they showed. 

Second, after all this time - it's been a year - she's never gone on television and apologized to those two women. How hard would it be to say, "I'm sorry." They were absolutely collateral damage, but she continues to act like it wasn't 1) FUCKED UP and 2) her fault.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
4 hours ago, Rlb8031 said:

Yes, and but also...

Two things I'm 'gonna note about this situation. First, Chelsea fucked up not one, but two of Jimmy's friendships, just because she's got low self-esteem. Ole' girl he slept with is mad because her business is on front street and other girl is mad because half the world thinks that she's the one Chelsea was talking about. Is Netflix to blame - partially, but snakes 'gotta slither. This was mostly about a conversation that Chelsea probably started "Your best friends are two girls? Really? And you never did anything with them? Oh wait, so you did date one of them? How long ago is a long time? And you don't think it's strange that you and she are still friends????" I imagine this conversation came out after a lot of interrogation on her part and him trying to put her at ease - just like the million other times they showed. 

Second, after all this time - it's been a year - she's never gone on television and apologized to those two women. How hard would it be to say, "I'm sorry." They were absolutely collateral damage, but she continues to act like it wasn't 1) FUCKED UP and 2) her fault.

….is why I can’t blame Netflix.  He told somebody he already didn’t trust a secret.  She weaponized it to make the dumb ass point that 27 year olds shouldn’t go out lol.  Gurlluh.  Shut your frowny face pie hole.   

• LOL 1
21 hours ago, ZaldamoWilder said:

….is why I can’t blame Netflix.  He told somebody he already didn’t trust a secret.  She weaponized it to make the dumb ass point that 27 year olds shouldn’t go out lol.  Gurlluh.  Shut your frowny face pie hole.   

Okay I am going to try one more time and then we can just agree to disagree 😎

On one side you have a deeply insecure person who has been drinking too much and who is really worried (especially because of Jessica) that her fiancé isn't attracted to her.  In the midst of an argument she screws up.  Is that wrong and was Jimmy right to consider that a deal breaker?  Sure.

On the other side, you have a show's production which has all sorts of film to choose from, an enormous amount of time to decide what to include, likely knows that this was a violation (do we really think that Jimmy didn't tell his producer), is aware that it will mess up two people's lives (who weren't main cast members), and sits down and rationally decides:  'hey it will help ratings so let's include this and watch all the fallout on social media."

Which one of those two do you think is more blameworthy?  I don't care for Chelsea but she made a drunken error.  Netflix made a calculated decision.

• Like 5
On 3/17/2024 at 8:01 AM, JenE4 said:

That being said, they spent way too much time dragging Sarah Anne and Jeremy

I fast forwarded through 20 minutes of it, how much can you rehash this already?

I can't believe after the whole season we got no true 'update' on Chelsea and Jimmy (who is no great 'catch' in my eyes anyway,  not much personality but yeah Chelsea was WAYYY too clingy and out there. 'tell me every minute how much yo love me, never leave me for an hour...)..

10 hours ago, jabRI said:

I fast forwarded through 20 minutes of it, how much can you rehash this already?

I can't believe after the whole season we got no true 'update' on Chelsea and Jimmy (who is no great 'catch' in my eyes anyway,  not much personality but yeah Chelsea was WAYYY too clingy and out there. 'tell me every minute how much yo love me, never leave me for an hour...)..

I saw a video on YouTube earlier this week (Queen E), where she cited an interview in which Chelsea said that the show gave her a bad edit and that Jimmy was going out basically every night (not just the one we saw) and was texting those two gal pals of his all day, every day.  Also, on one of the nights, he told her he was crashing at his place since he was tired but then he butt dialed her and she overheard him talking to all his friends as they were heading out for the night.  So if that's all true, then Chelsea isn't as unstable as the show made her seem.

I'll see if I can find the video again and link it.

That makes sense, I mean, she kept saying 'this wasn't what you said in the pods... I didn't sign up for this'.  That seemed wacky for one night for an hour.  In general, I found this a disappointing season.  AD had so many red flags in the pods, she even said Clay was a typical bad boy she'd try to change.  THey were all just boring or neurotic, maybe they need to change something up?  Why not real adults, not in their 20's, like 'the golden bachelor'?

Starting with J&S was a waste of time & they didn't ask what really mattered like if Jer was just sabotaging & how he'd like it if Laura did what he did. 🙄 They should've started with K&B & asked what happened. It's like one side got all the attention with updates from previous participants sprinkled in.

Not rolling the tape!!! 🤣 Of course Jess was right! We are better at dates & times! He must've been going by the airtime. So what's he got to say about his mistake??? Gotta change that story about her not having time for him. They should've asked her what she thought about his looks. 👀

• Like 1

At first I thought it was hypocritical for the show to air her outing the friend and Jimmy sleeping together. But honestly that one fight and that exact moment clearly was the reason the relationship/marriage didn't happen. I don't know how they explain it without that. 

• Love 1