Type keyword(s) to search

75th Emmy Awards (2024)

• Start Topic

1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

Still cool that Andor is getting nominated for things like this.

That was a fantastic episode! It definitely deserved that nomination.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, greycoupon said:

Why were they playing The X-Files theme coming back from break?  That was random.

When we come back from an ad they are just playing random tv themes. I'm guessing the ones chosen are the shows with recognisable tunes that they couldn't organise a reunion for OR get someone to present an award.

I was afraid the three Succession nominees in the category might have split the vote, but the direction for "Connor's Wedding" was something special Congrats to Mark Mylod.

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Since EGOT has become a mainstream thing I think they could at least give the people who have them a milkshake or a teddy bear or something to commemorate.

Maybe Amy & Tina could arrange the equivalent of a five-timers jacket?

• Like 5

When Quinta got her award and they showed the list of people she wanted to thank, I was looking forward to having that happen for everyone. Lists of people are so boring to listen to. I feel like a lot of people would have interesting things to say if they could let go of the list. 

• Like 3
Just now, buttersister said:

Heh, did Calista tell Harrison, we’re out of here?!

Good thing he was gone before Anthony Anderson's mom called him Henry Ford. 

1 minute ago, buttersister said:

I thought that, but then they mentioned there is an Ally McBeal reunion happening so maybe Harrison doesn't like sitting next to strangers while his wife is hanging backstage?

• Thanks 1
3 minutes ago, buttersister said:

Well, there's supposed to be an Ally McBeal reunion, so she's probably backstage. 

Kinda weird that they dump acting, writing and directing a TV movie into the same category as Limited/Anthology Series for the Primetime Emmys Ceremony but then have Best TV Movie as its own category and dump it into the Creative Arts Ceremony.

It was great seeing Joan Collins!  I think she’s 90.  She looked great!  I’m sure she’s had a lot of work done, but even setting that aside, she’s so vibrant.  

I didn’t really get why they paired her and Taraji together, really random.  So they could both talk about clothes… in an award for Best Limited Series???

• Like 4

Man, this was a rough year In Memoriam wise.  Andre Braugher and Matthew Perry alone is hard to take, but seeing all the other greats we lost (Treat Williams, Ron Cephas Jones, Lance Reddick, hell, I could on); really is hard to accept.  Damn you, 2023!

• Like 2
  • Sad 9
2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Two things: first, a lot of people in the Death Montage I knew had passed but had forgotten how recently.

The show is airing 3 months late, but still, some of those loses felt like years ago. 

• Like 1

Normally I have a heart of stone during award ceremony's In Memoriams but damn this year's Emmy really got to me.  I'm blaming the song choices and the arrangement of those songs. I didn't even notice the shift to the Friends theme until the lyrics started.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
22 minutes ago, blackwing said:

It was great seeing Joan Collins!  I think she’s 90.  She looked great!  I’m sure she’s had a lot of work done, but even setting that aside, she’s so vibrant.  

I didn’t really get why they paired her and Taraji together, really random.  So they could both talk about clothes… in an award for Best Limited Series???

I think they were paired together because they both played divas on nighttime soaps.

I know they can't include everyone in the memoriam package, but not having David Soul was disappointing. 

• Sad 2
  • Useful 1