Type keyword(s) to search

75th Emmy Awards (2024)

• Start Topic

9 minutes ago, FoundTime said:

Yeah, it's a great gag concept but in execution it's rude and disruptive and not in keeping with the tone of an awards show, which is about affirming and lifting up excellence. Theoretically.

I agree. I don't like it. Some of these people may never be on an awards stage again. I hope they abandon this idea.

• Like 7
1 minute ago, scarynikki12 said:

Ollie! He really does have a lock on that category.

This is Last Week Tonight's first time in this category - they were moved from the other category (Talk Show I think) because technically, they are not one. They don't have guests lol

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Hell yeah! Move his category all you want, John Oliver's still going to win! 

And of course, he'd push the envelope to make sure Mama A. would have to heckle him offstage. ❤️

• Like 4
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, cmahorror said:

This is Last Week Tonight's first time in this category - they were moved from the other category (Talk Show I think) because technically, they are not one. They don't have guests lol

That's fair.

Just now, ProudMary said:

Move his category all you want, John Oliver's still going to win!

Damn straight.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

So clearly the Puteketeke rented out billboards in Wisconsin to get Ollie the win Right? Right?

Yay for Ebon.  Forgot they were honoring Season one which means he's probably repeating next year.

Everythings coming up McFadyen.  Wins the throne and the trophy. 

Edited by kittykat
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
Just now, ShadowHunter said:

Great speech from Niecy. Glad she won.

Me too! Never saw her show on ABC but I'm kinda glad it was canceled because she's too good to be on a network procedural. Sorry, not sorry lol.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Hell yeah! Move his category all you want, John Oliver's still going to win! 

And of course, he'd push the envelope to make sure Mama A. would have to heckle him offstage. ❤️

The more interesting question is who will win best talk show now?

• Like 2

I know Cheers is iconic, but I think I'm at the point where anytime I see Ted Danson now, I automatically yell "Michael!" instead.

Yeah, The Bear is sweeping.  Hopefully Bill Hader will get another crack at it because his directing really impressed me.

• Like 3
Just now, Annber03 said:

I liked his bit about the Pokemon cards XD. 

I hope a bunch of different people come over to give him the best place to buy them and it turns out they all recommend different places.

• Like 2
(edited)

If Review was the episode submitted that's not a surprise.

At this point the only show that could possibly beat The Bear is Abbott Elementary but they are cleaning up so far.

Edited by kittykat
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

NORM! Love the Cheers reunion.

The reunion was great but it also reminded me that Kirstie Alley is no longer with us.

And it doesn't matter how many awards it wins, those awards are not going to make me check out The Bear.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, thuganomics85 said:

I know Cheers is iconic, but I think I'm at the point where anytime I see Ted Danson now, I automatically yell "Michael!" instead.

It is amazing how many successful series that guy's been on. 

It was cute to see some of the "Cheers" cast come together :). 

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I would love to see a Seth Meyers win in that category. A Closer Look is comedy gold and Seth is great with his guests.

• Like 11
2 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

I would love to see a Seth Meyers win in that category. A Closer Look is comedy gold and Seth is great with his guests.

Every since I discovered A Closer Look during the 2020 US Elections I've been wanting Seth's show to win an Emmy.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
10 minutes ago, KaveDweller said:

I know not many have Apple but I'd like to see Jon Stewart reclaim that crown.

5 minutes ago, FoundTime said:

Although my subtitling brought it up as "George." 🤣

I think that was John Ratzenberger saying "Georgie" for George Wendt. 

• Useful 2

I'm finding the awards themselves to be a complete snoozefest.  I don't think there's been one surprise yet.  Everyone that was largely predicted to win has won.

42 minutes ago, ProudMary said:

Am I the only person who absolutely cannot stand Jennifer Coolidge? I was glad Mama Anderson piped up to get her ass off the stage. 

Raises hand.  I can't stand her.  I think she has zero range and she plays every single character the same way.  I will scream if they find a way to bring her back to White Lotus (as Tanya's long lost twin, or Tanya didn't really die, or it was all a dream).  I really don't need to hear her doing her all confused "whaaaaaa?" again.

40 minutes ago, scarynikki12 said:

Ebon is worthy but I was rooting hard for Phil Dunster. 

Me too.  Jamie Tartt was one of the only good things about the last season of Ted Lasso.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, blackwing said:

I really don't need to hear her doing her all confused "whaaaaaa?" again.

Was also disappointed at Jennifer's win.  If they were going to go White Lotus it should have been Meghann Fahy.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, blackwing said:

I'm finding the awards themselves to be a complete snoozefest.  I don't think there's been one surprise yet.  Everyone that was largely predicted to win has won.

This is one of my issues with the Emmys once you get into the winner's circle you just keep winning.

This is my first time watching the Emmys live - thanks strikes and school holidays lining up perfectly - but I feel I could have just looked up the winners from 5 years ago to pick the winners and smashed them with the recent Golden Globes to pick these winners.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Bill1978 said:

This is one of my issues with the Emmys once you get into the winner's circle you just keep winning.

This is my first time watching the Emmys live - thanks strikes and school holidays lining up perfectly - but I feel I could have just looked up the winners from 5 years ago to pick the winners and smashed them with the recent Golden Globes to pick these winners.

Critics Choice last night as well. I've watched the same 3 shows win Awards in the last week and a half. 

• Like 1

Yeah, Jon Hamm is good but a reunion itself would have been pretty awesome.

Tough category.  Connor's Wedding was probably one of the best hour of televisions I've ever seen, but Long, Long Home was so emotional and hit every note perfectly.  I wanted a tie, dammit!

Still cool that Andor is getting nominated for things like this.

• Like 3