Type keyword(s) to search

Season 12: LIVE CHAT

• Start Topic

Just now, MsVixen said:

Speaking of Ozempic, does anyone think that Dr. Now would incorporate it in his program?

I don't know. He seems pretty focused on willpower and decision-making. I also don't know how many of his patients could get it; I think a lot of them are on Medicaid and I think Medicaid won't pay for it unless the patient has Type II diabetes. It's like $2,000/month so I don't think any of them can afford it without insurance.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Mom is not out of the range of normal somewhat overweight older American woman.  Good to see them trying to exercise, but do they eat better??? 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Pepper Mostly said:

Damian is constrained by his appalling lack of teeth. Hard to kill a super sized bag of chips or a sack of tacos without decent choppers. 

Where there's a will, there's a way.

• LOL 3
5 minutes ago, Elizzikra said:

Others say they just don't have cravings anymore, even when food they used to love is right in front of them. 

That's what happened to me. I loved O, until I got pancreatitis. I'd still recommended it for diabetics, though. It worked for me when other meds did not.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I’m doing it without injectables.  So far, not too bad.  Down almost 70 pounds. 

Not that there’s anything wrong with injectables. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

Is Fabletics crap? I'm always on the lookout for workout gear, since I'm retired its pretty much what I wear 

I live in Athleta stuff. I buy when they go on sale and i love their stuff. Haven't tried Fabletics.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Auntie Anxiety said:

I lost about 30 pounds after I adopted my dog in 2022. Mostly, I don’t get up from my chair anymore for snacks while I watch tv because she’ll think I’m getting ready to take her out and she won’t quit bugging me once that happens.

I've been losing since I got the pupper, also. 

We have minimum 3 times going out per day, with longer walks/playtime on weekends when I'm not working and she's not playing at daycare.

She is getting good at not asking for people food.

• Like 8

At least she came back!  On time!  And hopefully she lost a decent amount, though I don't think she will have met the goal.

• Like 2
1 minute ago, mk828 said:

The way he rewarded her with the pack of bacon as a reward.. We can all only be so lucky!

I think it was turkey bacon 

• Like 2
Just now, Chicklet said:

I live in Athleta stuff. I buy when they go on sale and i love their stuff. Haven't tried Fabletics.

Yes Athleta is nice. A bit pricey.

Just now, Chicklet said:

Must admit that Fabletics look like they make one's ass look incredible!

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I don't know if it's true, but a friend who's a nurse said that she went on the other injectible (Monjaro or something like that), and after months on it, and spending $1700 on it, she only lost 4 lbs.    She claims that since she didn't have a gallbladder, that it didn't work, but I don't know if that's true.  

At least Krystal's really trying. 

Right? Unlike the rest of her shitty unsupportive family. "Wah, its too hard!" People. You could all stand to lose a few pounds. Sheesh. 

• Like 6

I'd lost a bunch until pandemic and losing family members. Then gaining back as I was becoming one with the couch. Didn't gain back to where I started, but def gained.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, magemaud said:

I think it was turkey bacon 

Definitely looked like turkey or some other substitute bacon.  Which in my book is not worth eating.  If I can't have the real deal, I would rather have none. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

So, a rented U-Haul van.  Hear that faint screaming?   That's the executives at U-Haul having a melt down about their product getting publicity they never wanted or asked for.   She's really trying, and I'm rooting for her.   

Month 1 690.8

Month 3-619.5   I'm so proud of her, and her whole family.    71 lbs down.       (and the other nurse is back!)

• Like 6
1 minute ago, MsVixen said:

Must admit that Fabletics look like they make one's ass look incredible!

All of that compression kinda makes everybody's ass look pretty good.

• LOL 4

She is almost at goal!  619 is not 610 but close.  I thought she would be.  

Now she will either get encouraged and do even better - or she will think 'even though I was cheating I did OK' and will cheat more and will hardly lose anything  for the next weigh-in! 

• Like 6

Great job!!!!

And look, there's Nurse Certs-in-the-purse! I guess earlier she had to step out and go to the Revco to replenish her supply of Cover Girl Cheekers. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

Wow, 71 pounds down! Not too shabby.

1 minute ago, mk828 said:

Watching the poundicipants again makes me proud that I am working very hard on giving up fast food. Only gives me strength to keep going!

I can tell you how I did it, but I'm not sure I recommend the method...but here goes: get some McDonald's chicken tenders that in retrospect seem like they've been sitting under the heat lamp a little too long (plus a hamburger and fries) on your way home on a Friday night, spend all day Saturday throwing up everything you ate in the prior week and a half, spend Sunday recovering from all that, then just when you think you might maybe could go for a McD's hamburger again about a year later (The Sickness was in March of 2019), have a pandemic hit so you can't (or are afraid to) go anywhere. By the time all that's over, you won't even think about it!

I actually broke my no-fast-food streak in October 2022 on my way back from my 25-year college reunion/homecoming trip because Burger King was my only real option at a rest stop on the PA Turnpike and I was starving; I've since had two McD's hamburgers on my way to work (took the morning off for an appointment and needed to grab something because we still don't have a cafeteria since covid) maybe a year or so ago, but that's it.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
Just now, Chicklet said:

All of that compression kinda makes everybody's ass look pretty good.

Can't do compression. Gyno said its a no no. 

• Useful 1
4 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

I’m doing it without injectables.  So far, not too bad.  Down almost 70 pounds. 

Not that there’s anything wrong with injectables. 

I've lost over 90 pounds in the last two and half years, hopefully can lose another 40 or so. Just took a hard look and changed my wicked wicked ways. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 5
  • Love 4
Just now, OoogleEyes said:

I *only* lost 79 pounds

Well, if I lost 79 pounds I would be dead but I need to lose 20 pounds.  I have re-joined the gym this month for the first time since COVID and I will try to eat better.  Stress definitely got me in 2022 and 2023.  I think Massachusetts is plain bad for my health.  This state has cost me more nerves than every other place I've ever lived - all put together. 

• Like 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Sad 1
2 minutes ago, lemoncake said:

The size of Damians big gulp. Holy sh#t

Lloyd Christmas is smiling somewhere 

1 minute ago, mmecorday said:

Dr. Now is growing his hair out! 

He has a goatee now saw it on his IG

Just now, Elizzikra said:

I think that was Krystal's giant jug of water.

I hope so. I've seen people with those giant big gulps full of soda around here 

• Mind Blown 1