Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E09 : Mamacita Madness Part UNO

• Start Topic

My heart broke watching Guerdy talking to her boys about her breast cancer. The oldest boy looked devastated. I wish that moment hadn’t been on camera. It was too personal. Guerdy has the best husband too, she’s lucky.

Edited by Straycat80
  • Like 19

I don’t blame Nicole for the Ana set up, she didn’t know. I’m blaming production. I don’t even remember Ana’s season, I don’t remember if Nicole was on the show yet. I wouldn’t have given Marysol and Alexia those jackets when they left either. I’ll admit I laughed when Ana’s daughter called Marysol a corpse. 
Lisa is such a dingbat. Setting up a reminder on her phone to let Jody know she’s thinking of him. Oy! I can’t believe I’m going to agree with Larsa, you let someone know you’re thinking of them with your heart and mind not by a phone reminder. 

• Like 10
  • Applause 4
1 hour ago, Straycat80 said:

My heart broke watching Guerdy talking to her boys about her breast cancer. The oldest boy looked devastated. I wish that moment hadn’t been on camera. It was too personal. Guerdy has a the best husband too, she’s lucky.

Here is the thing with that scene, to me it was performative, for the cameras only, they were in a noisy bowling alley having a family fun night out and she has to make sure her kids are bummed out during the evening? Geeze just let the kids have fun for an evening.

I do think it was funny that Alexia and Marysol were so incensed that Anna was going to be at the luncheon that they made sure to take their party favor jacket before leaving in a huff.

Why was Kiki wearing science class safety goggles at the luncheon?

• Like 5
  • LOL 5
2 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

She has to set alerts to ask about how someone else is doing... Good GOD 

I don't condone what he did by any stretch of the imagination but this kind of let me better realize why Lenny kicked her to the curb.  

• Like 6
  • Love 1

If Jody has to ask Lisa to check  in now and then, I'm not sure it's going  to work out. Lisa is very fond of Lisa. But setting  the alert, oh dear.

Larsa's face sure looked puffy, she seemed  to have no neck, new filler perhaps, that hadn't  settled. Of course  she checks in with her boyfriend,  he goes  away for 5 days, and has  a welcome  back party, gawd. 

I don't  like Todd, some of the things  he said to Alexia,  made me wonder what life is like with those two.

Never  heard of Ana, couldn't  Alexia  and Marysol have stayed, and sat at the other  end of the table. No, they had to cause a stink, and skiddadle off with the nice denim jackets.

Peter sure looked thrilled,  furniture  shopping  with Alexia..lol

• Like 7
  • LOL 3

Alexia and M being so self involved they think a woman who wasnt on this show with them should know their history ... Most of the fans dont even remember Ana but you are gonna scream YOU SHOULD JUST KNOW at Nicole when she had no fucking clue? this is like Larsa being mad at Nicole for not knowing who the fuck she was when she started the show ... Legends in their own minds

• Like 5
  • Applause 6
  • Love 2

Alexia saying they will spend $40,000 on a new rental...I assume she meant per month. Haha, yeah right!

Larsa saying she's surprised Scotty's family doesn't talk to her after the divorce. Yes Larsa, your ex and former in-laws are typically a package deal. 

Lisa borrowing the housekeeper's car...really? Remember when she wanted to call an ambulance for the housekeeper last season but Lenny wouldn't let her?

Guerdy's kids not making eye contact with her or asking any questions at the bowling alley. Cancer is heartbreaking, but this interaction looked staged.

• Like 4

the more I think about it the more it kinda pisses me off Lisa was using her housekeepers car as a "prop"... there are hundreds of thousands of people who have worked their asses off to afford that car and shes using it as a joke... owning that brand of car isnt something to look down on just because it didnt cost 175 thousand dollars ... its kind of a backhand to everyone who would Love to have ANY car 

Edited by Keywestclubkid
  • Like 12
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4
  • Love 6

First, Lisa is a complete and utter moron. The whole setting her phone to alert her to call Jody?  STOOPID AS HELL.  This chica has NO SELF AWARENESS!!!  Whether her family is there or NOT, SOMEONE needs to take her aside and explain EMPATHY.  I was reminded of Erika Jane (RHOBH) talking to her THERAPIST about empathy.  Lisa needs a therapist, STAT.

Second, the Alexia show is getting LOOONNNGGG in the tooth.  This lady can get pissed off at the opening of an envelope!  I actually REMEMBER Anna, she was a lawyer who got divorced and had two daughters.  Also had some kind of hot sauce business going on the side. Whatever.  That was YEARS ago, in the Leah Black days.  Jeebus.  Get over it and while you're at it?  FIND A FRICKING PLACE TO LIVE you dingleberry!!

Marysol has once again proven that she's had one too many "cockies"....

I can't believe she's such a dang noodje about EVERYTHING.  Good GAWD!

These chicks make me tired.  I DO LOVE looking at Miami, it's such a beautiful city.  Maybe I should just watch with the sound off??

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
2 hours ago, dosodog said:

Why are Todd and Alexia renting instead of owning?

If you can afford to pay $480,000 to $600,000 in rent a year, why wouldn't you just buy a house?

Todd says it makes more sense to rent than own rental property? And he’s in commercial real estate or something similar. Not buying it. I do think they have a lot of financial problems which is why they CAN’T BUY their own residence and why they were (in my opinion) evicted.

I just cannot with Lisa anymore. She proceeds to tell Larsa that she’s working on being a better friend and ask Larsa how she was doing, just to interrupt Larsa to call Jody and check on him because her timer went off. Something is seriously wrong when I agree 100% with Larsa on you shouldn’t tell your boyfriend that you’re setting alarms to remind them to check on you.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Keywestclubkid said:

the more I think about it the more it kinda pisses me off Lisa was using her housekeepers car as a "prop"... there are hundreds of thousands of people who have worked their asses off to afford that car and shes using it as a joke... owning that brand of car isnt something to look down on just because it didnt cost 175 thousand dollars ... its kind of a backhand to everyone who would Love to have ANY car 

I felt the same way.  It’s a slap in the face to anyone that works hard for any vehicle.  What I really think is ridiculous is Lisa driving her kids to dance class in a rolls looking like she’s going out for the evening.

I felt sorry for Jody.  He has to mention that he wouldn’t mind her calling to ask how his day is going.  All she thinks about herself and the lifestyle she is losing because of her divorce.  Then she is so dumb she needs an alert.

• Like 10
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
43 minutes ago, Emmeline said:

What I really think is ridiculous is Lisa driving her kids to dance class in a rolls looking like she’s going out for the evening.

And then leaves to go talk to Alexia, sit in her car telling her that Lenny wants full custody (and crying about it),because she is not a good mother...um, he is not that far off, Lisa never even realized she bailed on her kids first dance class!

My other thoughts were, she enrolled her son in that dance class(?) and she was wearing her street shoes in the ballet studio.

I think we all know Jody is paying for some stuff for Lisa and she cannot even be bothered to genuinely think of Jody on her own, that is pretty sad.

We see Marysol apologize to Nicole for being a bitch to her last year and then the Mamacita luncheon Marysol freaks out when she hears that Ana will be attending the lunch so now she is back to hating Nicole.

I am sure that prior to joining the cast Nicole must have watched previous episodes with Joanna, Ana, Alexia, Leah, etc...so I do not buy Nicole's innocent act in that she had no idea why Ana is personna non grata.

• Like 3
On 12/27/2023 at 10:09 PM, Straycat80 said:

I don’t blame Nicole for the Ana set up, she didn’t know. I’m blaming production. I don’t even remember Ana’s season, I don’t remember if Nicole was on the show yet. I wouldn’t have given Marysol and Alexia those jackets when they left either. I’ll admit I laughed when Ana’s daughter called Marysol a corpse. 
Lisa is such a dingbat. Setting up a reminder on her phone to let Jody know she’s thinking of him. Oy! I can’t believe I’m going to agree with Larsa, you let someone know you’re thinking of them with your heart and mind not by a phone reminder. 

Ana was on during the first phase of the show.

• Like 1

I think when Ana was originally on, she has issues with Leah Black. She made a pretty nasty comment about Leah's son IIRC. If we're going by what Adriana said, Ana was friends with Marysol and Alexia until they all had a falling out recently. Adriana continues stirring the pot.

Didn't Larsa cheat on Scottie? Why would his family continue talking to her after their divorce?

• Like 6
  • Useful 1

Lisa is so self absorbed she can't think of how anybody is doing, including Jody who had to remind her. I have no idea why he is not already tired of her. Setting alarms to remind herself to call someone is not romantic.

Lisa borrowed the housekeeper's car to show that she can drive a less expensive car. And it shows how stupid she is. She even pretended she didn't know how a car like this operates. I'm sorry, but I don't think she was so rich before Lenny that she drove only Rolls Royces. In fact, we saw her prenup recently because of the divorce filing, and when she married Lenny she only owned the engagement ring Lenny bought her, and an inexpensive condo that it most probably had a mortgage on. 

Nicole agreed to Ana's attending the luncheon, and she said that Ana is so sweet, etc. (which implies she knows her, and I don't doubt that she was on the show), she cannot claim she didn't know there were issues. These women watch the show before they join (that's why they want to be on), and it seems they move in the same circles.

Well-off people purchase houses because it's normally a good investment. When one rents (which some people have to do, it's not a choice) their rent money is wasted. So, Todd's argument is suspicious.

Adriana is stirring the pot constantly, that's why Andy Cohen loves her as seen on his Bravo talk show, and BravoCon.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5

Todd tells Alexia to go and look for another condo no matter what the price go a head and rent it if she likes it...nothing about that sounds legit, like they got advice on how to look rich from the Guidices. Alexia tells the others that Todd only likes to buy commercial property and not residential real estate...something seems very shady about that.

Alexia says her rental sold so fast because she made it look so nice but I think all the furniture belongs to the condo, like it was a furnished condo just like Larva's place.

Alexia takes Peter furniture shopping at what looks like an expensive store, I would have taken him to Value City Furniture because nothing about Peter looks like he would not burn a hole in his couch with a cigarette twenty minutes after it is delivered.

Julia says that Martina does not help her with her farm expenses so how did Julia buy and renovate the property, the animals, feed, etc...before she sold goats for $400 each?

• Like 6
  • Love 3

To be fair, I am a watcher of the show since the beginning, and I do remember Ana. I cannot, though, recall her friends or “enemies” on the show. It does say a lot that Marysol and Alexia have issues with so many people.  

Todd has a smarmy personality. 

Edited by zenme
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Todd tells Alexia to go and look for another condo no matter what the price go a head and rent it if she likes it...nothing about that sounds legit, like they got advice on how to look rich from the Guidices. Alexia tells the others that Todd only likes to buy commercial property and not residential real estate...something seems very shady about that.

Alexia says her rental sold so fast because she made it look so nice but I think all the furniture belongs to the condo, like it was a furnished condo just like Larva's place.

Alexia takes Peter furniture shopping at what looks like an expensive store, I would have taken him to Value City Furniture because nothing about Peter looks like he would not burn a hole in his couch with a cigarette twenty minutes after it is delivered.

Julia says that Martina does not help her with her farm expenses so how did Julia buy and renovate the property, the animals, feed, etc...before she sold goats for $400 each?

It's quite possible Alexia's condo was rented furnished. 

Alexia films with Peter on top of Frankie because Todd doesn't want to really film anymore.

I can guarantee that Martina financed Julia's farm.

12 hours ago, zenme said:

To be fair, I am a watcher of the show since the beginning, and I do remember Ana. I cannot, though, recall her friends or “enemies” on the show. It does say a lot that Marysol and Alexia have issues with so many people.  

Todd has a smarmy personality. 

I remember Ana, as well because I watch the show since its first season. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 3

Alexis and Todd are coming off as fake as the Giudices to me. It’s all so fake and staged pretending to be rich.

Lisa and the car was pathetic. I kind of liked her but idk now. Like it’s not funny to act like you are poor in her mind. Also it’s prob easier to drive one of those cars than a rolls because a rolls is fancy and does so much. I don’t know what she thinks her audience is.

Larsa should shut the fuck up always.

Guerdy doing that talk on camera made me mad. Don’t exploit your kids like that. I thought she was better then that.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
On 12/29/2023 at 10:58 AM, ZettaK said:

Well-off people purchase houses because it's normally a good investment. When one rents (which some people have to do, it's not a choice) their rent money is wasted. So, Todd's argument is suspicious

It can make sense to rent and spend less than what you could lose in the housing market.  You shouldn’t buy when prices are peak, which is how they are now.  In some places, like I am sure, Miami, they are double what they will be in a few years if things go as they could.  

Nothing is for certain of course but the market tends to level.

Spend 500,000 in rent to save yourself losing 3 million…

BUT that all said, Todd is giving off broke vibes.  They are faking for sure.

• Like 3
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 12/27/2023 at 11:09 PM, Straycat80 said:

Lisa is not the most self-aware person on the planet. Larsa was right. Don’t tell him you had to put a reminder on your phone! Sheesh! Jody sounded less than thrilled. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
23 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Yep. It seems set up for TV to me. He wants to sounds like they are really rich. In reality, there is probably financial issues they are hiding. The apartment lease, move out by the end of the month bit sounds suspicious. 

It can make sense to rent and spend less than what you could lose in the housing market.  You shouldn’t buy when prices are peak, which is how they are now.  In some places, like I am sure, Miami, they are double what they will be in a few years if things go as they could.  

Agree but Alexia said they had been renting for six years, so even when the interest rates were really low and the housing market was good. I think there is more to this story. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

Lisa is losing favor with each passing episode. Lenny is still a cold jerk but she isn’t exactly warm and caring. I wonder why Jody is with her? If he has to ask her to check on him and she sets an alarm to do so and then tells him, you’d think he’d move on. 
Alexia and Todd are full of shit. Does she make money in her beauty bar?  The staged scene at his work didn’t answer anything. 
On one hand I understand Guerdy feeling like she has to make her cancer diagnosis part of her story but she should not have done that scene with her sons.
I remember Ana vaguely. She worked with her husband but they were divorcing. What already irritates me about her is that based on the clip they showed, the woman is still talking about her former cast-mates and has her loser daughter calling Marysol a rotting corpse. Nicole knew of the issues to an extent but I wouldn’t blame her for Ana’s  invite. Alexia isn’t in charge of who attends the events. She needs to quit acting like she’s their boss.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

move out by the end of the month bit sounds suspicious. 

I'm not so sure that the move out in 30 days is suspicious if it was truly the apartment sold but I can tell you my daughter was in a furnished (ugliest furniture ever) apartment in Miami and the unit sold and they gave her 30 days notice so maybe Alexia and Todd were telling the truth.  The part that sounds fishy is them just willy nilly taking the next $40,000/month that they like, financial issues follow you as in the credit check that has to be done before you sign a lease, right?  Didn't they know their unit was on the market?

• Like 1
  • Love 2

What does Todd do for a living again? Is he making so much they can easily afford $40K per month in rent? It seemed staged to me. Alexia asked him what the price point was on tv. Really? They haven’t already had that conversation? She was already looking at apartments. It seemed more likely that he stated it to make them sound like big shots. 

I’m jaded from watching so many of these HWs shows for years. Most of them lie about their real lives and try to project the image that they are all super wealthy, have great marriages, kids, etc., only for us to learn it’s all a ruse. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
Just now, Salacious Kitty said:

Isn't Todd in commercial RE in some capacity?

Yes but that does not always mean he is rich, real estate is a risk and if he invests with lots of partners that means less of the pie for him.  

I am looking forward to ten or so years down the road to see how all the HW's from all the shows are living in real life, long after their Bravo checks have stopped. Alexia will not be living in a $40,000/month condo, I am sure of that.

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
(edited)
21 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

It can make sense to rent and spend less than what you could lose in the housing market.  You shouldn’t buy when prices are peak, which is how they are now.  In some places, like I am sure, Miami, they are double what they will be in a few years if things go as they could.  

Nothing is for certain of course but the market tends to level.

Spend 500,000 in rent to save yourself losing 3 million…

BUT that all said, Todd is giving off broke vibes.  They are faking for sure.

Yes, house prices are up right now (they tripled here, just north of Miami-Dade), but they were not until a couple of years ago. Todd and Alexia are together for 7 plus years, and could have bought a house, or condo earlier. Commercial real estate prices are up, as well, but Todd said (via Alexia on the show) that he prefers to invest in commercial real estate. Does he though? I would like to see his portfolio. Adriana repeated nasty rumors about Todd (who suddenly decided to film less), but I wonder if there was some truth in them. The real estate market in south Florida cooled slightly at the time the show was filming because the interest rates went substantially up, but it peaked up again after, high interest rates, or not.

As for Guerdy, like others mentioned, it was disappointing to see her discussing her cancer with her kids in public.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Lisa is doing the rebound relationship with this Jody character.. and I feel bad for him because she's still not over Lenny.

Guerdy... so sad :( 

Julia seems too sweet to be on the show and bless her for trying to advise Adriana not to spread gossip that she isn't sure is 100 % true and Adriana not understanding LOL

Alexia/Marysol just hate Nicole and no matter what she does, they'll hate her.

Alexia/Todd... I'm still on the fence about their marriage

• Like 6
(edited)

I don't think not wanting to buy a house means you are broke. At least in this case. And I definitely don't think they were evicted. That said, both of them are shady, but Alexis does seem to be a little extra aware of Todd's scheming and their finances being in trouble. Him telling her to just go get whatever apartment-- is she supposed to put this in her name? She seemed confused about it-- like is this something that she is doing alone on paper and in-person? In any case, if anyone is able to sniff out shadiness in Todd and the apartment thing- it's Alexis, and she seems VERY suspicious and very worried about not owning a house. I think that's why she is pushing Peter to buy a house. 

Edited by bravofan27
  • Like 6
13 hours ago, bravofan27 said:

I don't think not wanting to buy a house means you are broke. At least in this case. And I definitely don't think they were evicted. That said, both of them are shady, but Alexis does seem to be a little extra aware of Todd's scheming and their finances being in trouble. Him telling her to just go get whatever apartment-- is she supposed to put this in her name? She seemed confused about it-- like is this something that she is doing alone on paper and in-person? In any case, if anyone is able to sniff out shadiness in Todd and the apartment thing- it's Alexis, and she seems VERY suspicious and very worried about not owning a house. I think that's why she is pushing Peter to buy a house. 

I don't think either that not buying a house means they are broke, but if Alexia is a little suspicious, her concerns might be valid. It's possible Todd doesn't want to own a house with Alexia because their marriage is not so stable (per the rumors). As for being evicted, or not, I think the owner probably wanted to sell the condo for a nice profit, and asked them to vacate it soon because there was already an offer by a buyer.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
16 hours ago, ZettaK said:

I don't think either that not buying a house means they are broke, but if Alexia is a little suspicious, her concerns might be valid. It's possible Todd doesn't want to own a house with Alexia because their marriage is not so stable (per the rumors). As for being evicted, or not, I think the owner probably wanted to sell the condo for a nice profit, and asked them to vacate it soon because there was already an offer by a buyer.

My thing with that is the owner would tell you hey I have someone that is looking at this and is serious so you might wanna look for something fairly soon .. not you got 30 days to get out esp since they have been renting the same place for so long... which leads me to believe that they were being kicked out more or less for not keeping up with payments

• Like 5
On 1/2/2024 at 8:24 AM, Keywestclubkid said:

My thing with that is the owner would tell you hey I have someone that is looking at this and is serious so you might wanna look for something fairly soon .. not you got 30 days to get out esp since they have been renting the same place for so long... which leads me to believe that they were being kicked out more or less for not keeping up with payments

It's possible. Let's see if Adriana and Ana know more about it. But legally, any owner can tell a renter/tenant to leave, depending on the terms of their lease. The owner might have to compensate the renters if they agree to leave. But the owner should be more understanding if the knew them for a long time.

It seems Todd told two HWs (one was Adriana when he was avoiding going inside the living room area during his wife's party) that there were issues in his marriage.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 1/1/2024 at 12:10 AM, JAYJAY1979 said:

Lisa is doing the rebound relationship with this Jody character.. and I feel bad for him because she's still not over Lenny.

Guerdy... so sad :( 

Julia seems too sweet to be on the show and bless her for trying to advise Adriana not to spread gossip that she isn't sure is 100 % true and Adriana not understanding LOL

Alexia/Marysol just hate Nicole and no matter what she does, they'll hate her.

Alexia/Todd... I'm still on the fence about their marriage

YES!  because Nicole has everything they don't.  Youth, brains and money.  

• Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Love 2
(edited)

I get so frustrated with the idiocy these women show. There are around 3 who are relatively clever, but oh dear, you can see (while they're fighting) who's missing some basic common sense. 

A and M determined Nicole was guilty (despite it making no sense) and even though we could all see A was out of line, she wouldn't shut up to let Nicole speak.

I've come to realize, the one who's guilty of faking drama will scream the loudest, and/or physically storm out, without any facts. They also shout over whomever they're attacking.

On 12/28/2023 at 10:55 PM, Salacious Kitty said:

Ana was a one and done. Boring. Her tagline was something about bringing the heat in the courtroom and the kitchen. She was a horrible fit, but more because she was dull.

I often read posts that complain about housewives (on all the shows) being boring or dull. But I also find I'm usually drawn to these "boring" women because they're often normal, fairly bright, and authentic (because they refuse to to fake any drama).

Edited by Chalby
  • Like 7
On 12/28/2023 at 3:57 PM, Keywestclubkid said:

It's making me like Lisa less and less.  Like I said, Lenny probably made the right decision to get rid of her vacuous ass!  

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1