Type keyword(s) to search

S10.E08: Do You Take One Another

• Start Topic

Rob surprises Sophie with a trip; Jasmine loses it over Gino's bachelor party; Justin's mom struggles to embrace Nikki; Devin and Nick land stateside; Manuel confronts Ashley on her coffee consumption; Anali is torn between family and Clayton.

First Look: 11/24/23

Full Episode: 11/26/23

• Like 3
3 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Ashley’s coffee consumption is an issue? Why?

Because he thinks she is wasting money on excessive coffee. He doesn't mind the whiskey though, when he's drinking it!

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
18 hours ago, sainte-chapelle said:

Ashley’s coffee consumption is an issue? Why?

I know I would be annoyed if someone had 3 open coffees in the car, and expected me to hold one of them. 

I think it is also an issue for Manuel because she is buying multiple coffees a day and he wants to save money so expects her to make her coffee at home. 

I personally found it extremely disrespectful that she called her friend and started talking about him in English... 

• Like 12
  • Useful 2

When I read the first letter in Ask Amy's column in the Washington Post today, I immediately thought of Gino and Jasmine.

I used one of my article gifts so if you use this link, you'll be able to read the column even if you're not a paid subscriber:

https://wapo.st/3Gj31pU

FTR, the comments support Amy's advice to the LW 100%!

I'm happy to see Gino appears to have grown a backbone and doesn't seem quite as willing to go along to get along as much as he did in the past. Let's see how long it lasts. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I wish someone would just tell Jasmine, if Gino wanted to fool around with other women, why would he bother to marry you?

On Pillow Talk: Bilal is still annoying. I kind of feel like he and Shakeeda (or is that his sister's name?) are performing a show called "We're Fun!" vs the others just relaxedly having fun. Betty and her husband (Ron?) were the same way.

Edited by JeanJean
added something
  • Like 5
  • Love 3

I'm so tired of people talking about their "intimacy".   It's a word that everyone has adopted from tv, like when everyone started saying "genre" after American Idol came on.  Yes, I know they're both real words, but people had never heard the word before let alone used it in conversation.  

• Like 7

Rob, if you had ever read "The Hobbit," the very first sentence established that a hobbit hole means COMFORT, which would certainly be many degrees above your current hovel. Crowded, messy, dirty,dark, bathroom-less... If I were Sophie the only way I would leave the Airbnb (both Airbnbs actually) would be if you pried me out kicking and screaming. I'd need to be chloroformed. She is so young and stupid. Honey, if you are going to try to be a social media influencer, aim higher than Rob. He's going nowhere, slowly!

Why does Sister Clayton show up for apple picking looking like she's going to a summer beach party, but she showed up for dinner and drinks at a nice (? looked nice?) restaurant looking like she had just changed the oil on her dirt bike? Does she have no wardrobe sense? 

Nick's Korean sense of humor will not go over well in Arkansas. Devin doesn't say much so she will be zero help to him in navigating his new life. But I do think if he can just learn to keep his opinions to himself or just to her, they should be okay. I just hope she isn't a constant weeper, time will tell.

Nikki is the neediest kind of woman ever. In the car she hates Igor and can't wait to leave him but with Mama she's begging for her blessing to get married and is rapturous when it is given. Igor has perfected his stoic face in dealing with this lunatic. Every time her giant hands with those talons start flapping around I want to grab them and say, "Put these things away before you put out an eye!" She is the WORST.

Clayton and Anali are boring, seeing as we've seen them twice and it's already "59 days to marriage." Where's the wedding drama? Father Anali drama? We know very little about what she left behind so I have nothing invested in seeing these two stay together or separate.

I mute/ff through Gino and Jasmine so have nothing else to say about them.

On a related subject, I CAN'T WAIT FOR KIMBERLY'S FREAKOUT TONIGHT!

Edited by Red Bridey
Tomorrow is actually today, duh
  • Like 6
  • LOL 6
10 hours ago, Quof said:

I'm so tired of people talking about their "intimacy".   It's a word that everyone has adopted from tv, like when everyone started saying "genre" after American Idol came on.  Yes, I know they're both real words, but people had never heard the word before let alone used it in conversation.  

I’ve always heard that used as a euphemism for sex in “polite” company. It might be a generational thing (my great aunts used that word all the time in that context). 

• Like 6
10 hours ago, Quof said:

I saw an interview back in the ‘80s with someone in the music business who pronounced “genre” as “gen-ree”. Still makes me smile.

• Like 1

Crying Over coffee on the phone really? 

Manuel is a Jerk, But Ashley isn’t exactly a prize herself. Imagine being her friend, she probably cries when the starbucks line is long. $8 dollars isn’t much when you want to treat yourself , but when you consider how much she drinks, it adds up quick.  

For someone who’s so into Social Issues, she sure is ignorant when it comes to other cultures. 

Clayton can seem a little odd, but I like him. I’m curious to know why he has custody of the mother living in his closet & not the “overprotective” sister…. If she hasn’t moved out in 3 years, she’s never moving out now. 

Jasmine is exhausting at this point.  The lipgloss was totally planted. She probably put it there to argue, it’s her favorite hobby. We’ve seen his messy house, it’s not shocking that he still has shit from years ago lying around.  

I did laugh when Gino was describing his bachelor party like it was a night out to dinner at Olive Garden with  the whole family as they cut to the clips of a shirtless (and I think a completely nude stripper) on top of him….  🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Hellohappylife
  • Like 5
6 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

I’ve always heard that used as a euphemism for sex in “polite” company.

At Macy’s they call the lingerie section intimate apparel lol.

Do Ashley and her friends not get if Manuel had kids in the US it would be way more than $300 per month?  And do you really want to marry/be friends with a deadbeat dad?  

5 hours ago, Gobi said:

I saw an interview back in the ‘80s with someone in the music business who pronounced “genre” as “gen-ree”. Still makes me smile.

I knew a woman with a graduate degree who pronounced chic as chick.  

3 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

I did laugh when Gino was describing his bachelor party like it was a night out to dinner at Olive Garden with  the whole family as they cut to the clips of a shirtless (and I think a completely nude stripper) on top of him….  🤣🤣🤣🤣

He also claimed he didn’t touch the strippers and then the mischievous editors showed him slapping her ass lol.

They love to recycle storylines.  I remember when Alexi was going to break up with Loren because she went to a strip club for her bachelorette party.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 7
  • Love 1

I’m sorry, but it’s such a young-guy cliche that a massage will end in sex. if you aren’t a trained masseuse (and even if you are), that’s not a turn on.  He barely rubbed her shoulders. 

So not attractive. And talking about his blue balls.  Dude, your mom lives free and clear in a closet in your tiny apartment.   Being patient my ass.  When you grow up enough to live alone and be an adult, let us know. 

Edited by Meowwww
  • Like 7
Just now, Meowwww said:

I’m sorry, but it’s such a young-guy cliche that a massage will end in sex. So not attractive. And talking about his blue balls.  Dude, your mom lives free and clear in a closet in your tiny apartment.   Being patient my ass.  When you grow up enough to live alone and be an adult, let us know. 

Claiming blue balls is just a way to manipulate women.  If you’re so pent up go jerk off in the bathroom.

• Like 3
  • Applause 8
8 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

At Macy’s they call the lingerie section intimate apparel lol.

Do Ashley and her friends not get if Manuel had kids in the Is it would be way more than $300 per month?  And do you really want to marry/be friends with a deadbeat dad?  

I knew a woman with a graduate degree who pronounced chic as chick.  

Well now, back in the 80s, Chic Jeans was pronounced “chick”. 

• Like 2
Just now, Meowwww said:

Well now, back in the 80s, Chic Jeans was pronounced “chick”. 

I remember there was a debate in the US whether Porsche was one or two syllables.  But yeah she said something like we went to a chick nightclub.  I was picturing marshmallow Peeps tossing back cocktails.

And someone told me LaCroix is pronounced LaCroy.

• Like 2
11 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Do Ashley and her friends not get if Manuel had kids in the US it would be way more than $300 per month?  And do you really want to marry/be friends with a deadbeat dad?  

Yeah, this is an instance where I feel Ashley has her head in the damn sand. Manuel has TWO minor kids, and an entire family to support. Of COURSE he has to send money back, $300 is not unreasonable. She knew he wasnt going to be able to work for a while after he arrived. Is this a bad storyline or is she really that obtuse? When people choose to get married, they agree to support one another finanically, especially since Manuel CANNOT work right now. What did she think his family was going to do without his income?

14 hours ago, Hellohappylife said:

Clayton can seem a little odd, but I like him. I’m curious to know why he has custody of the mother living in his closet & not the “overprotective” sister…. If she hasn’t moved out in 3 years, she’s never moving out now. 

A couple of people have mentioned that in various reaction channels I watch. 1. The sister may have a partner/kids and said "nope". , 2. has it been confirmed they share a mother? I have not seen the sister address Clayton's mom is her Mom, she may not be. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
22 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Manuel has TWO minor kids, and an entire family to support. Of COURSE he has to send money back, $300 is not unreasonable.

Didn't she seem shocked to find out he had kids at all? It amazes me that these people will go through the paperwork and $$ to get a fiance visa for someone they really don't know anything about, besides how they are in bed. Same storyline with so many of these couples that they plan to send $$ home and the American is shocked! Shocked! that they see this marriage as a means to help family back home. 

Side story: years ago, one of my ex husband's friends from back home (Peru) who had been living in teh US for years (so he is a citizen)....well to do family, educated etc. He started dating a Colombian woman he met through friends. Not sure if she was here on a tourist visa or here illegally. Anyway, she was pushing HARD for marriage; he wasn't sure and one of his complaints---she had a 16 year old daughter back in Colombia and he said, "She just keeps asking when I would be able to get her daughter over here....and how much I can send her daughter. I didn't sign up for that." And my ex said essentially WTF, OF COURSE she wants to bring her daughter over, do you expect her to just abandon her?? he did. Ashley seems to fit into this category too----she seriously thinks her witchy pussy is enough for this man to abandon his kids back home.

they broke up and she quickly married someone else she also very quickly separated from......

• Like 4
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Didn't she seem shocked to find out he had kids at all? It amazes me that these people will go through the paperwork and $$ to get a fiance visa for someone they really don't know anything about, besides how they are in bed. Same storyline with so many of these couples that they plan to send $$ home and the American is shocked! Shocked! that they see this marriage as a means to help family back home. 

Manuel and Ashley have known each other for a while (they met initially when they were both teens)- she always knew he had children, she was upset that he didn't tell his kids/their Mom that he was in the USA to marry her, and she commented that she hadn't met them, but she wasn't surprised they existed. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

known each other for a while (they met initially when they were both teens)- she always knew he had children, she was upset that he didn't tell his kids/their Mom that he was in the USA to marry her, and she commented that she hadn't met them, but she wasn't surprised they existed. 

ah ok....still, that is shitty. Hasn't she been going back and forth to Ecuador to visit him once they rekindled their blazing romantic love affair? You would think at one point during those visits he would WANT his kids to meet their future stepmom. This and the fact that he still hid his trip from his family until after landed, to me screams scammer. He is here to marry her and earn what he can to send home....once the green card comes through, it is adios. He may stay in the US, but it won't be in bustling Rochester, NY with witchy Ashley and the dog he can't stand. Also, side note, as a dog person, if my partner hated my dog that much and even commented on how much I may spend on a vet bill, I would NOT let him alone with the pet. 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

ah ok....still, that is shitty. Hasn't she been going back and forth to Ecuador to visit him once they rekindled their blazing romantic love affair? You would think at one point during those visits he would WANT his kids to meet their future stepmom. This and the fact that he still hid his trip from his family until after landed, to me screams scammer. He is here to marry her and earn what he can to send home....once the green card comes through, it is adios. He may stay in the US, but it won't be in bustling Rochester, NY with witchy Ashley and the dog he can't stand. Also, side note, as a dog person, if my partner hated my dog that much and even commented on how much I may spend on a vet bill, I would NOT let him alone with the pet. 

Yes, I understand not everyone is a pet person or is as in love with my pets as I am. But I wouldn’t want to live with someone who said such things about my pets whom I love very much. I know there are cultural and personal differences how people view pets, but the dog is important to Ashley, if Manuel loves her as much as he claims then he would not make such comments. 

1 hour ago, Gobi said:

I suspect he is still involved with his kids’ mom and that is why he doesn’t want anyone to know about Ashley until he marries her (if he does).

I would not be surprised if this was true. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Gobi said:

I suspect he is still involved with his kids’ mom and that is why he doesn’t want anyone to know about Ashley until he marries her (if he does).

100 % what I've been saying since the first time they were introduced.

As for pets, love me love my cats or bye bye. I have never and would never get rid of a pet because my partner didn't like them but I have got rid of girlfriends on more than one occasion because they didn't like my pets around.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

The first and only thing Ashley proactively translated for Manuel was about sending his family money. She didn’t even translate the oil scent names. Relationships with no consideration are the worst.

On 11/27/2023 at 11:11 AM, Red Bridey said:

Every time her giant hands with those talons start flapping around I want to grab them and say, "Put these things away before you put out an eye!" She is the WORST.

OMG I HATE those nails on anyone! What if you wake up in the middle of the night with an eye-booger? put your own eye out? 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2

Why does Sister Clayton show up for apple picking looking like she's going to a summer beach party, but she showed up for dinner and drinks at a nice (? looked nice?) restaurant looking like she had just changed the oil on her dirt bike? Does she have no wardrobe sense? 

She's a pill. Does not want viewers to see she (probably) has a nice large house somewhere that their poor mom can have a decent room in.

• Useful 1
On 12/2/2023 at 4:15 PM, xls said:

OMG I HATE those nails on anyone! What if you wake up in the middle of the night with an eye-booger? put your own eye out? 

Use a knuckle lol.

On 12/2/2023 at 4:38 PM, xls said:

She's a pill. Does not want viewers to see she (probably) has a nice large house somewhere that their poor mom can have a decent room in.

Although to be fair I wouldn’t let a hoarder live with me, family or not.

17 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

Although to be fair I wouldn’t let a hoarder live with me, family or not.

Same. And we have no idea the history there---it's possible that Mama has floated from child to child and each one got fed up with her hoarding with Clayton being the last resort due to his living situation. I mean, she has that storage unit full of shit and she is hoarding in Clayton's place too----it is truly a mental disorder and she won't stop without help. 

On 12/2/2023 at 2:31 PM, Drogo said:

The first and only thing Ashley proactively translated for Manuel was about sending his family money. She didn’t even translate the oil scent names. Relationships with no consideration are the worst.

It is so incredibly rude and disrespectful when she rants in English or talks about him in English to others while he is sitting right there. When she did that in the car with her friend, I actually felt bad for him. 

• Like 4
On 11/27/2023 at 8:11 AM, Red Bridey said:

Why does Sister Clayton show up for apple picking looking like she's going to a summer beach party, but she showed up for dinner and drinks at a nice restaurant looking like she had just changed the oil on her dirt bike?

Bwahahaha!

35 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

she is hoarding in Clayton's place too----it is truly a mental disorder and she won't stop without help. 

Chances are good that she won't stop even WITH help. It doesn't look like she perceives it to be a problem or is taking any steps to address it. A bag of corks in my couchless living room? Oh HELL no.

On 11/27/2023 at 7:19 PM, Bubbles1967 said:

My fiance and I burst out laughing when she said she ate like a bird. Seriously.

I mean, maybe she's talking about this bird, as far as the bustline is concerned?

image.png.1655ca56d7a3d3dbd1ec2e196050f9d9.png

Edited by IvySpice
  • LOL 2
16 minutes ago, IvySpice said:

Bwahahaha!

Chances are good that she won't stop even WITH help. It doesn't look like she perceives it to be a problem or is taking any steps to address it. A bag of corks in my couchless living room? Oh HELL no.

I mean, this bird, as far as the bustline is concerned?

image.png.1655ca56d7a3d3dbd1ec2e196050f9d9.png

I bet she blames her metabolism, it seems to be the go-to excuse.

Oh, and another thing with Ashley and Manuel, the whole coffee drama. WTF? Who in their right mind takes a coffee to go in a car in a mason jar? A lidless mason jar??? That is just ASKING for coffee to spill everywhere. Someone who is THAT addicted to coffee would surely have a collection of travel mugs, right? I even have two and I am a two cup a day woman.

And he was right, WTF is she popping open a canned coffee drink while he has the mason jar of coffee slop in his hand?? 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Like 4
21 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Oh, and another thing with Ashley and Manuel, the whole coffee drama. WTF? Who in their right mind takes a coffee to go in a car in a mason jar? A lidless mason jar??? That is just ASKING for coffee to spill everywhere. Someone who is THAT addicted to coffee would surely have a collection of travel mugs, right? I even have two and I am a two cup a day woman.

And he was right, WTF is she popping open a canned coffee drink while he has the mason jar of coffee slop in his hand?? 

She had one of those as well making 3 different coffees to choose from at the same time.

On 12/4/2023 at 2:04 PM, Stuckathome said:

The canned ones are often loaded with sugar too.  She may eat like a bird but not drink like one lol.

RE: Ashley's self-proclaimed coffee addiction and witchery

As my almost-17 year old would say about Gen-Z and young Millennials:  "They all need to tell you about something that makes them special.  Because actually just being special is too hard."

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Drogo said:

RE: Ashley's self-proclaimed coffee addiction and witchery

Maybe Ashley can borrow the Bruja sweater that Danielle wore to the Other Way tell-all.

Tania was there too, as a "guest", I'm sure she was jealous.

Perhaps they could share it. The Coven of the Traveling Sweater.

Edited by kirklandia
  • LOL 2

So what Sophia’s bi sexual who cares? What’s the big deal? Why is Rob tripping? Big deal like he can have two women. But besides that she’s loyal to him. Just she doesn’t mind being with other women. So now you two can be like that girl is hot and there’s nothing weird about that. I like it. And really like Sophia’s courage. She’s a nice girl. 

• Like 1

Clayton and Anali are boring, seeing as we've seen them twice and it's already "59 days to marriage." Where's the wedding drama? Father Anali drama? We know very little about what she left behind so I have nothing invested in seeing these two stay together or separate.

She is so NOT into him.  She seems to barely tolerate him and called him a cow when describing him lying in the bed trying to look sexy.  Come on that was just mean.  I do not see one bit of love or even that she likes him.  If anyone is in this for a Green Card it is her.  I do not like her at all and I hope he gets a clue and sends her packing.

• Like 4