Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother: Reindeer Games Anticipation

• Start Topic

Big Brother Reindeer Games kicks off when Santa invites nine iconic former Big Brother players, including someone from the most recent season to his magical world where the “Reindeer Games” will take place. Over six action-packed episodes, “Santa’s Elves” – Derek Xiao (S23), Tiffany Mitchell (S23), and Jordan Lloyd (S11 and S13) – will guide BB Legends through the most “holiday-riffic,” challenging, and unpredictable competitions.

Each episode will feature three competitions, culminating in “Santa’s Showdown,” which determines what player goes home at the end of that episode. Only four BB Legends will make it to the finale and one player with the festive fortitude will walk away with the $100,000 grand prize as well as save the holidays.

Big Brother Reindeer Games‘ schedule is as follows:

Monday, December 11, 8:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT
Tuesday, December 12, 9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT
Thursday, December 14, 8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT
Monday, December 18, 9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT
Tuesday, December 19, 9:00-10:00 PM, ET/PT
Thursday, December 21, 8:00-9:00 PM, ET/PT

Info from this article.

12 hours ago, CuriousParker said:

Big Brother Reindeer Games kicks off when Santa invites nine iconic former Big Brother players, including someone from the most recent season to his magical world where the “Reindeer Games” will take place.

So this is obviously Cirie, right? You know she's champing at the bit to get back in there.

Lol.  Cirie ain't doing nothing related to Big Brother ever again.   Even her reality show game gave couldn't mask her disdain in her exit interview with Julie.  

It's going to be Cam or Jag, the comp beasts of the season.    My money is on Cam especially after winning AFP. 

So is this supposed to unfold live with the players living in the house for two weeks or is it going to be taped?  

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, Maverick said:

So is this supposed to unfold live with the players living in the house for two weeks or is it going to be taped?  

I read it will all be taped.  No BB House and therefore no live feeds.   So if you're my age, it will be like the old Battle of the Network Stars, but with people like Rachel Reilly and Tyler Crispen. 

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Maverick said:

Lol.  Cirie ain't doing nothing related to Big Brother ever again.   Even her reality show game gave couldn't mask her disdain in her exit interview with Julie.  

My comment was sarcastic.

I hear it starts December 11, so cast should be revealed by 1st week of December. If Jared is in, I’m out. Nothing in any universe would make me want to watch him on anything again. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

The format leaked: 

Reveal spoiler

OMG.   This is exactly how House of Villains works!

Except it ends with a vote instead of the last activity in the spoiler

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Maverick said:

She thought she and Jared would split $750K prize, then Jared would go onto a successful reality TV career.

Instead, she didn't even make the Top 4, and Jared was an arrogant nimrod who didn't even make the jury and likely has no future in the network (i.e. big money) reality shows.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Maverick said:

It's going to be Cam or Jag, the comp beasts of the season.    My money is on Cam especially after winning AFP. 

Nobody seems like they will live in the house from what Julie said.  Or not at least a BB type of living and/or for very long.  It seems more like "games" BB style with some minor plotting with former BB contestants??  And I'm sure given how this production team has worked over the years, stupid "surprises" that will ruin even this lame sounding show.

In other words a rushed, cheap fill-in until writers and now actors get back to work thing.

There was talk in the media thread they were trying to mount a winter celeb edition but it looks like even Z-Tier non-actor's union "celebs" didn't want to go into that studio ... errr, "house" at this point, lol.

Also possibility of a bring back former BB contestants from the past but seems to not have worked out either for a real BB mini-season so Reindeer Games seems like Plan C at this point.

I agree if it is a challenge-like "games" thing then Cam or Matt are the logical choices (Jag as winner would for sure not be back) but I'd rather watch Felicia and similar less physically fit people and less young contestants from the past have some real fun with these trashy BB games.  I don't watch BB for any Olympics vibe after all.

Also the ants would want her back too.  They never ate as good during any season ever.  I'm sure BB trashed the ant vote for America's Most Favorite Player award because Mama Fe would have won in a landslide otherwise.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
10 hours ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

She thought she and Jared would split $750K prize, then Jared would go onto a successful reality TV career.

Instead, she didn't even make the Top 4, and Jared was an arrogant nimrod who didn't even make the jury and likely has no future in the network (i.e. big money) reality shows.

OT:  I don't think Cirie ever thought she would possibly win BB.  Like she said, she thought she would be first out.  I thought she'd maybe with luck last until the middle rounds if she got past week one so was really surprised how well she did.

She only went on the show because the powers that be said they would only cast Jared (who had applied) if she signed aboard too.  BB saw a chance at adding a known, well liked and established reality star from a way bigger show to their cast and went for it.  And it worked for them.  I would have tuned out without Cirie's snark to keep me hooked.

So yeah she tried to help her son out.  Moms always have a blind spot for their children.  That is what unconditional love is about.  And thank goodness for it for most of us.  Too bad Jared couldn't meet the "conditional" love standards the rest of us needed from him is all.

As for money, Cirie has a good paying job in real life and just came off winning "The Traitors" in rather spectacular fashion.  Sure most people are fine with more money but she certainly wasn't obsessed with it nor was it a motive to play BB for herself.

Jared on the other hand would for sure like to make a living as a full time reality show "star" in his own right and yeah that ain't a-happening after his debacle here.

Edited by Skooma
  • Like 3
  • Fire 1

There are a number of former “wish list” players, who said they’d only come back if it was for less than two or three weeks. 

from this season, I’d most like to see Cory. others I’d like to see: Danielle and Brittany (not Frankie!), Nakomas, Vanessa. 

• Like 4
On 11/10/2023 at 5:51 PM, IndyMischa said:

Depending on the cast, this could be awesome, or it could suck. Based on 25 casting, it will suck, hardcore. 

I thought the casting was good.  This was the most mellow and friendly, kind cast we have seen in a long time.   Or is that what you mean, because that equals boring?

• Like 2
On 11/13/2023 at 7:47 AM, Cherry Styles said:

I thought the casting was good.  This was the most mellow and friendly, kind cast we have seen in a long time.   Or is that what you mean, because that equals boring?

Yes, TERMINALLY boring. But I also didn't think they were super friendly. Standard backstab shit talkers. But I guess the lack of open aggression is an improvement?

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, cartoqueen said:

Jeebus christ on a cracker.  That format sounds ridiculous, even for BB standards.  I can smell the cheesy Christmas-related puns from here.  I can't wait to hate-watch.  🙃

I dunno; I do have a few good books waiting for me to catch up on my reading….

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

There was just a commercial during tonight's Survivor (at around 7:40 CST) for Reindeer Games.  "Santa" released 2 of the 9 names of the "legends" who were going to be in Reindeer Games.  Not sure if this needs to be a spoiler, but just in case:  

Spoiler

Cameron (Season 25) and Taylor (Season 24)

• Like 2
Spoiler
On 11/14/2023 at 9:30 AM, peachmangosteen said:

Apparently, Cameron said he wouldn't do this so that's good news lol.

Spoiler

So Cameron has his facts wrong again, what a surprise!  

Also not sure what needs to be spoilered, so better safe than sorry!

• Like 3

I made a vow I would never again watch Nicole Franzel brush her WET hair, causing every woman in the room to cringe and the sound man to scream “My ears, my ears.” Has her mama or friends never introduced her to conditioner and a comb?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, 30 Helens said:

I will watch because I am a masochist. And it appears I’m getting the cast I deserve. 

Not me. FmfG and Josh Panbanger?  I ain’t done nothing bad enough to deserve THAT.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 4
7 hours ago, Nashville said:

Not me. FmfG and Josh Panbanger?  I ain’t done nothing bad enough to deserve THAT.

Not to mention Franzel. Oops, I mean Franzel-Arroyo. But come on. You know you want to. The snark, it practically writes itself. 

Edited by 30 Helens
  • Like 1
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, 30 Helens said:

Not to mention Franzel. Oops, I mean Franzel-Arroyo. But come on. You know you want to. The snark, it practically writes itself. 

Maybe - but personally, I find it moderately difficult to type and puke at the same time.

I may be stuck, anyway; I have no interest in this debacle, but my wife wants to watch it - which means I’ll be watching it.  <sigh> 😮‍💨

• LOL 3

I don't want to watch but there's a small chance I, at least, tune in for the premiere. I expect this to be a Big Brother producer's dream and what they've been leading to all along: Big Brother being a competition show. This is what they can lean into without changing the entire format. They've basically done everything but on Big Brother, so they can really embrace their need for their show to be about the competitions.

I don't want to reward them with actual views, and I also don't like most of the people they've cast (half are boring, the other portion aren't good at comps or were known for comp status, and then there's infuriating annoying people who are both). Also, Janelle said that Rachel was initially reached out to and they allegedly decided to go with boring ass Nicole Franzel over her so....yeah, not thrilled with that.

I just expect it to be exactly how we've seen regular Big Brother seasons to go: the real comp beasts team up, they take out the weaker threats or the outsiders, so we're left with people like Cody or Nicole, Frankie, Britney (who doesn't win anyway) and Cameron or Xavier. 

I mean, I love to see Danielle here, since I never saw her original seasons and have heard great things about her, but unless she's about to be a comp beast, I expect she's taken out early. 

The only comp threats I really expect are Frankie, Xavier, and like MAYBE Josh (who at least has done The Challenge so he has some experience). MAYBE Cameron but I think people overhyped his abilities to an extent. I also think, with Cameron's lack of connections, and again depending on how the comp aspect works, he'll have to keep winning out, and I don't foresee him beating people like Xavier and Frankie.

I expect the women to be screwed early since, let's face it, Big Brother will always have issue with the actual type of comps. And some of the men will automatically pair off with each other. And I think Cody/Nicole are still fighting from All Stars, but Cody will team up with people like Xavier and Frankie so I fully expect an Xavier/Cody/maybe Frankie finale. Maybe throw in Britney for female representation. 

Big Brother hasn't been able to fix their comp issues for women vs men, and they're not gonna suddenly figure it out with Reindeer Games. So cue a lot of women going out, in however these comps are decided, and it's gonna be dull AND frustrating all the way through.

Let's see if I'm right by the end, if I'm even still around by the end of the six episodes.

• Like 1