Type keyword(s) to search

Big Brother: Reindeer Games Anticipation

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Also, Janelle said that Rachel was initially reached out to and they allegedly decided to go with boring ass Nicole Franzel over her so....yeah, not thrilled with that.

I think Janelle saying Nicole replaced Rachel is her overwhelming Nicole hatred (relatable!) coming out. They could have decided to go with any of the women over Rachel. It was a mistake no matter what though because this is the type of thing that really needed Rachel. She's actually a comp beast and she brings drama as well. A real no-brainer to cast her, so of course the idiots in charge didn't.

I remember they went over the format awhile ago and it sounds very similar to House of Villains except with no voting. There's a comp and the winner of that comp nominates 3 people who then have to compete in another comp and then I kinda forget after that lol. Maybe the winner of that is safe and the other 2 compete again, with the loser being eliminated.

• Like 4
9 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

The only comp threats I really expect are Frankie, Xavier, and like MAYBE Josh (who at least has done The Challenge so he has some experience). MAYBE Cameron but I think people overhyped his abilities to an extent. I also think, with Cameron's lack of connections, and again depending on how the comp aspect works, he'll have to keep winning out, and I don't foresee him beating people like Xavier and Frankie.

I don't see how Frankie and Xavier are more comp threats than Cam.  X had the benefit of The Cookout, but without that on The Challenge, he got eliminated early on.  And Frankie has one of the worse BB reputations.  Certainly way more unlikable than Cam.  I don't see Frankie or X beating Cody or Josh.

Edited by inandout
  • Like 2
2 hours ago, inandout said:

I don't see how Frankie and Xavier are more comp threats than Cam.  X had the benefit of The Cookout, but without that on The Challenge, he got eliminated early on.  And Frankie has one of the worse BB reputations.  Certainly way more unlikable than Cam.  I don't see Frankie or X beating Cody or Josh.

Frankie was actually exceptionally good at comps. I think it's easy to forget, but Frankie did very well in many of the comps. I know BB16 was weird with the Battle of the Block comps, but technically, Frankie still won multiple comps that season, and did well in the ones he didn't win. I'd count him as a comp beast, easily. Xavier probably less so, so I'll take that back (I also forgot Xavier was on The Challenge; I guess he's more forgettable to me than I thought because I really thought he comped out at the end of BB23 for some reason). Cameron has done fine at comps, but he didn't start winning comps, or even doing well, until after Hisam left, and Cameron's placements ranged from first to dead last in comps. I know some of those comps he threw but there were some he legitimately lost. 

Cameron's fine at comps and it's probably the reason why he'll make it halfway, but I don't think he's so good that he'll comp beast to the end. He really does range from fairly good to just average. He nearly gotten beaten in a couple of the comps he played in. I just think he's overhyped in comps to an extent. He's better than the average Big Brother player, no doubt, but he still has lost comps (and been in the bottom of comps). That's the only reason why I say to an extent, he's overhyped; it really depends on the type of comp for him. He nearly lost the first comp he played in against Izzy, Felicia and Jag, after all. I think Cameron's on a similar level to someone like Cody and Josh. He's above average, but he wasn't so good that he couldn't be beat. He got taken out twice, both fairly early. He can be taken out. And I think people calling him a comp threat are overhyping him a bit. He did well in comps, but many men have done well in comps on Big Brother. Cameron won six comps; so has Cody. So has Xavier. 

It also doesn't matter about Frankie's reputation, as nobody on this season really knows who Cameron is so even with Frankie's reputation, he has more connections than Cameron does. It makes Cameron an easy target if there IS an ability for strategic gameplay. Frankie not only has his BB16 alliance (Cody and Nicole), thanks to Big Brother, he ALSO has Britney and Danielle who he got to film different segments with earlier this year. That automatically makes him safer than Cameron. 

And with how I assume this Reindeer Games is set up, even though it does rely on competition wins, we don't know how players get taken out beyond there being a Santa's Showdown. I assume there's a way to still strategize people out of the game even without voting. 

I think Cameron has an advantage having just competed. He's still in that mindset. Frankie hasn't competed in 9 years and he's 40 now. But yea, he has connections that Cameron definitely doesn't.

Since the winner of the first comp nominates people, there is a bit of strategy/social game there and with Cameron being new that definitely could hurt him.

Although, Cody and Derrick were up Cameron's ass so I could see Cody buddying up with him.

• Useful 1
11 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Cameron's fine at comps and it's probably the reason why he'll make it halfway, but I don't think he's so good that he'll comp beast to the end. He really does range from fairly good to just average. He nearly gotten beaten in a couple of the comps he played in. I just think he's overhyped in comps to an extent.

At present Cameron is a comp beast only in terms of his BB25 competition, and that’s a pretty damn low bar.

• Like 1
On 12/9/2023 at 12:35 PM, Katrina Kate said:

I made a vow I would never again watch Nicole Franzel brush her WET hair, causing every woman in the room to cringe and the sound man to scream “My ears, my ears.” Has her mama or friends never introduced her to conditioner and a comb?

I agree.  It used to annoy me howbshe would brush it so violently.   But....maybe she got a Wet brush. It's a thing now.   Let's hope! 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I think Cameron has an advantage having just competed. He's still in that mindset. Frankie hasn't competed in 9 years and he's 40 now. But yea, he has connections that Cameron definitely doesn't.

Fair point. Frankie could definitely be worse at comps now than he had 9 years ago (I cannot believe it's been 9 years since BB16; it really does feel like BB16 was so recent, but that's because we keep seeing Cody and Nicole everywhere lol)

1 hour ago, Nashville said:

At present Cameron is a comp beast only in terms of his BB25 competition, and that’s a pretty damn low bar.

I agree, that's why I need to see him compete against non-BB25 people to see if he's actually a comp threat or not (I really don't know if he is; he won comps for BB25 when only, like, six people out of 17 won any comps).

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

Frankie was actually exceptionally good at comps. I think it's easy to forget, but Frankie did very well in many of the comps. I know BB16 was weird with the Battle of the Block comps, but technically, Frankie still won multiple comps that season, and did well in the ones he didn't win. I'd count him as a comp beast, easily. Xavier probably less so, so I'll take that back (I also forgot Xavier was on The Challenge; I guess he's more forgettable to me than I thought because I really thought he comped out at the end of BB23 for some reason). Cameron has done fine at comps, but he didn't start winning comps, or even doing well, until after Hisam left, and Cameron's placements ranged from first to dead last in comps. I know some of those comps he threw but there were some he legitimately lost. 

Cameron's fine at comps and it's probably the reason why he'll make it halfway, but I don't think he's so good that he'll comp beast to the end. He really does range from fairly good to just average. He nearly gotten beaten in a couple of the comps he played in. I just think he's overhyped in comps to an extent. He's better than the average Big Brother player, no doubt, but he still has lost comps (and been in the bottom of comps). That's the only reason why I say to an extent, he's overhyped; it really depends on the type of comp for him. He nearly lost the first comp he played in against Izzy, Felicia and Jag, after all. I think Cameron's on a similar level to someone like Cody and Josh. He's above average, but he wasn't so good that he couldn't be beat. He got taken out twice, both fairly early. He can be taken out. And I think people calling him a comp threat are overhyping him a bit. He did well in comps, but many men have done well in comps on Big Brother. Cameron won six comps; so has Cody. So has Xavier. 

It also doesn't matter about Frankie's reputation, as nobody on this season really knows who Cameron is so even with Frankie's reputation, he has more connections than Cameron does. It makes Cameron an easy target if there IS an ability for strategic gameplay. Frankie not only has his BB16 alliance (Cody and Nicole), thanks to Big Brother, he ALSO has Britney and Danielle who he got to film different segments with earlier this year. That automatically makes him safer than Cameron. 

And with how I assume this Reindeer Games is set up, even though it does rely on competition wins, we don't know how players get taken out beyond there being a Santa's Showdown. I assume there's a way to still strategize people out of the game even without voting. 

Frankie hasn't competed since BB UK - and that was over 7 years ago.   He wasn't picked for The Amazing Race or The Challenge.  And at 40, he is oldest guy - and 2nd oldest after Danielle.  Makes a difference with some of the more physical comps.

I would also think his horrible reputation is reason for other cast members not to trust and align with him.

56 minutes ago, inandout said:

Frankie hasn't competed since BB UK - and that was over 7 years ago.   He wasn't picked for The Amazing Race or The Challenge.  And at 40, he is oldest guy - and 2nd oldest after Danielle.  Makes a difference with some of the more physical comps.

Sure, you're right. We'd need to see the first episode to see if Frankie's as good as he was or if he's worse. It really does depend, but it seems like Frankie's in good enough shape where he may be ok, even against the younger folk.

To be fair, even though he wasn't picked for TAR or The Challenge, it doesn't mean he isn't a comp threat. Look at BB24 Michael Bruner. He wasn't picked for either and he was a clear comp threat. And Derrick/Cody weren't picked for those shows either, right? Actually, if I remember correctly, The Challenge/TAR didn't start regularly casting BB people until after BB18 (Paulie/Natalie were the first to make way for BB crossovers). I know TAR had Boston Rob/Amber be the first CBS crossover couple, but it was years until crossovers with the CBS Trifecta (leading into The Challenge) became a thing.

I've been wondering whether there will be some quiz comps for people who aren't physical comp beasts and if the contestants who weren't stuck in the BB/Jury house had time to study past seasons.   That puts Cameron at a disadvantage since it sounds like there was a quick turnaround between the end of S25 and the taping of Reindeer games.   Of course, he has an advantage as both a Superfan and his Vast Knowledge on arcane topics that he showed on the feeds.  🙃

Former Mod, will we be able to comment while the episodes are airing or need to wait until they go off the air? 

• Useful 1
On 12/11/2023 at 11:06 AM, Thalia said:

Former Mod, will we be able to comment while the episodes are airing or need to wait until they go off the air? 

I had the topics unlock at the beginning of the episode for the very reason that you you guys may want to live post.  If it gets too messy we'll need to rethink.  

Not sure if it's happening in other markets, but my local cable has Reindeer Games scheduled from 8-10pm instead of 9-11pm so my DVR is currently recording The Price is Right.  I adjusted to add another hour, but if you're planning to watch later, you might want to check your DVR!

• Like 1