Type keyword(s) to search

The View: Week of 10/9/2023

falltime
  • Start Topic

Monday, Oct. 9 – Arnold Schwarzenegger (author, “Be Useful: Seven Tools For Life”)

Tuesday, Oct. 10 – Bob and Erin Odenkirk (authors, “Zilot & Other Important Rhymes”); Olivia Troye (former adviser to Vice President Pence; executive director, 97 Percent)

Wednesday, Oct. 11 – Julia Fox (author, “Down the Drain”)

Thursday, Oct. 12 – David Blaine (“Impossible”); Rayna Greenberg and Ashley Hesseltine (podcast, “Girls Gotta Eat”)

Friday, Oct. 13 – Alexandra Pelosi (“The Insurrectionist Next Door”)

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Snapdragon said:

The only guest who looks marginally interesting to me is Arnold Schwarzenegger (who I feel must be doing this interview as some kind of favor to Whoppi).

Arnold's making the talk show rounds to plug his new self-help book.

• LOL 1

Sunny's cell phone ringing during Arnold's segment.  She says, "Oh, I'm sorry, that's my daughter."  Are you shitting me?!  Her daughter calls during a live taping?  Who would do that? Whoopi looked pissed and I don't blame her.

• Like 13
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
29 minutes ago, Tammy12 said:

How hard is it to keep your phone on silent when you're on live TV?

Joy's went off either last year or the season before that.  Really, there's no reason for them to have their phones with them at the table.  If they're so worried about an emergency happening while they're filming, then have a PA on set with an emergency phone that their families can call.  I mute my phone before going into the library, a movie theater, a beauty appointment, etc, so I feel that they can leave their phones in their dressing rooms for one hour a day.  

• Like 12
13 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Joy's went off either last year or the season before that.  Really, there's no reason for them to have their phones with them at the table.  If they're so worried about an emergency happening while they're filming, then have a PA on set with an emergency phone that their families can call.  I mute my phone before going into the library, a movie theater, a beauty appointment, etc, so I feel that they can leave their phones in their dressing rooms for one hour a day.  

You probably don't think that you're the most important person alive either, Sunny obviously does.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
15 minutes ago, Snapdragon said:

Joy's went off either last year or the season before that.  Really, there's no reason for them to have their phones with them at the table.

Don't you realize they're so special that they have to have their phones nearby for emergency texts?  ;)

• Like 2

I assume Sunny’s daughter is fairly smart.  Obviously not nearly as bright or wonderful as Sunny’s son, but, who is?  But, smart enough to know when her mother’s on tv and not to call her. It’s not like Sunny is new to the job. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, Axie said:

I assume Sunny’s daughter is fairly smart.  Obviously not nearly as bright or wonderful as Sunny’s son, but, who is?  But, smart enough to know when her mother’s on tv and not to call her. It’s not like Sunny is new to the job. 

Was today's show live?  Because if it was there is no excuse for Sunny's daughter to call her between 11-12. Surely Paloma knows how to tell time.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, bluegirl147 said:

Was today's show live?  Because if it was there is no excuse for Sunny's daughter to call her between 11-12. Surely Paloma knows how to tell time.

I assume it was live because they spent quite a bit of time talking about the attack in Israel. I'm on the west coast so it's not live here.

I don’t think it was a coincidence that Sunny mentioned her grandfather was Jewish before launching into a defense of the Palestinian civilians in Gaza. On CNN last night there was an Israeli soldier who made it clear that many of the brutal assaults on Saturday were perpetrated by Palestinian teenage boys (on bicycles) who were not technically Hamas terrorists. There is plenty of blame to go around regarding those who committed those incomprehensibly barbaric acts on Saturday. I feel that Sunny should be more careful about using generalization when expressing her sympathy for all Gaza civilians.

• Sad 1

They are really struggling for guests.   That Julia Fox interview was odd.  Didn't need to learn about the particulars of wearing latex.  And they gave her 2 segments?.... They couldn't find any reddit advice column topics?  

• Like 6
  • LOL 10
7 hours ago, BuckeyeLou said:

What the Heck kind of dress is Sunny wearing today?!  It looks like she is going to a Cocktail party.  

Maybe she was dressing to coordinate with Julia Fox? Together, they looked as though they should be in a dimly-lit environment, maybe sipping martinis. 

• LOL 2
18 hours ago, TimWil said:

On CNN last night there was an Israeli soldier who made it clear that many of the brutal assaults on Saturday were perpetrated by Palestinian teenage boys (on bicycles) who were not technically Hamas terrorists.

18 hours ago, TimWil said:

I feel that Sunny should be more careful about using generalization when expressing her sympathy for all Gaza civilians.

I'm curious what "not technically" terrorists means. Adjunct terrorists? Terrorist-in-training? I think that many people, like Sunny (and myself), have concerns for the people who are non-combatants, but in situations where there are no clearly defined roles (aka soldiers), it is hard to sort out who is who. I'm hoping what she intended was to offer sympathy to those who are caught in a terrible situation that they haven't participated in. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

RE: Sunny and Her Phone

On Monday's after-show podcast, Sunny revealed to TetaBoss that Paloma has a congenital eye disease in which her eye muscles are out of sync.  Apparently this forces her daughter to need up to 50% longer to read anything.  Sunny apparently petitioned the ACT testing folks to give Paloma "extra time" for the test.  Paloma got her ACT results on Monday.  She apparently was in the Top 10% and was so excited she called her mom without thinking.

Paloma realized what she had done and instead texted her mother with the news.

Sunny said that her family has never spoken publicly about the eye issues.

Sunny also said that she has all callers blocked during the broadcast, except the two kids.  They know they are to text, and apparently they do often.  

The after-show one-on-one podcasts aren't too deep, but they are pretty good.  They are typically 12-16 minutes long, with no commercials.  Usually TetaBoss pulls some tidbit from the show and he and the co-host "go deeper" in discussion. 

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Like 5
  • Useful 5

Sunny should ask herself, what is Israel supposed to do? They were attacked, innocent people kidnapped, are they supposed to just sit around and twiddle their thumbs? Yes, Sunny, be upset that innocent Palestinians are dying but she should also make sure to blame the actual culprits, the terrorists that knew exactly what was going to happen when they open fired on families.

• Like 8
On 10/9/2023 at 1:16 PM, Tammy12 said:

How hard is it to keep your phone on silent when you're on live TV?

Seriously!

On 10/9/2023 at 1:51 PM, Snapdragon said:

100%. Why do these ladies act like their jobs are several hours a day at a desk? You're taping a live show watched by millions every day. It's a prestigious gig others would kill for. Silencing your phone or just not having it at the table is not too much to ask imo, especially for one hour. It's mind boggling they treat filming live television so casually. I agree that if they keep the phones on them due to emergencies, maybe have an assistant with an emergency number loved ones can contact.

• Like 4
On 10/9/2023 at 2:16 PM, debbie311 said:

Sunny's cell phone ringing during Arnold's segment.  She says, "Oh, I'm sorry, that's my daughter."  Are you shitting me?!  Her daughter calls during a live taping?  Who would do that? Whoopi looked pissed and I don't blame her.

Why do they even have their phones on the table? They are live for 1 hour and they can’t disconnect from their personal phones for that amount of time? Unprofessional. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 2