Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E18: She's Just Not That Into You

• Start Topic

Captain Jason gets involved when Chef Tzarina refuses to fulfill a guest request; Luka feels like a stew might be interested in him; the final night of the charter season leads to arguing, crying and relationships in shambles.

Airdate: 09.18.2023

So appears to be a 2 hour episode?  None of the guides list 2 episodes, just 1 episode which runs 2 hours.

Also, my guide shows that Aesha and Jason will be on WWHL.

However, here on the West Coast, WWHL won't air until like 3:30 AM!

So check your DVRs.

No reunion listed for next Monday either, just a bunch of BDM reruns until 9 PM for the new BDM season premier.

So the WWHL appearance may be the closest thing to a reunion of this season of BDDU.

• Sad 3

My online guide says the same thing, but WWHL might run after the epidode, but be included in the 2-hour listing. They've done that with Couch Talk a couple times with my provider. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1

Like a prawn at dawn who's on with a yawn, these comments are in the order of episode scenes broadcast...

Hajimemashite.  Doozo yoroshiku onegai itashimasu.  Or so it is with cheffy and teppanyaki.  Yet she pulls it off!

Jason and his volcano – so demeaning.  So sorry cheffy has to go through this.  But she’s a trooper – I bet she prevails.

Guest comment regarding previous iron accident -- “Love the iron print.”  Passive aggressive much?

When Aesha is on camera focus, is she always high?  That hippy/trippy crap is unendurable.

Again with Aesha and Jason with his contacts.  Get a room, people.

Culver: “I’ve been working hard, y’know?”  Really?  In which dimension?  And Culver hasn’t heard from his next Captain – there’s a shock.  When your phone's not ringing, Culver, that's your next job not calling.

J-Wow’s comment on Culver’s (lack of) work ethic was entirely legitimate – and Culver’s rejection of it explains why Culver will never go anywhere.

I read a book called “Things Fall Apart” by Chinua Achebe at University – and it’s sad to see things fall apart in this last episode.  Most of all I feel bad for the lost potential between Tzarina and J-Wow.  I firmly believe J-Wow has tried so hard to correct his previous indiscretions, but ultimately things didn’t work out.  I believe in you, J-Wow.  I think you’re well on the road to redemption.  Don't c*ck it up.

Maybe it’s just me – I just don’t have a lot patience for people who conduct themselves the way they do during their drunken revels and then try to seek forgiveness or excuse after the fact.  I don’t even take satisfaction in knowing I wouldn’t be like that – there’s no sense of schadenfreude at all.  But how long can I keep watching people who refuse to learn from their errors/mistakes/behaviour?

Harry – you’re a nice person and I wish you all the best.

Culver – you’re an obnoxious and lazy jerk.

Margot – pleased you’ve stepped up to be better.

Tzarina – you proved to be a great chef and loved by the guests, even though your food won’t win any awards for presentation – it apparently tasted great!

The Kaiju-Maru – just because you can convert a Japanese fishing vessel into a yacht, doesn’t mean you necessarily should.  Every episode I was expecting/hoping Gojira or some giant octopus would sink the boat.

What will happen next week?

Well….. I’m sorry to say I peeked on the Bravo site and found out.  If you don’t want to know, stop reading.

No, seriously, spoilers ahead….

You have been warned…..

Good golly Miss Molly – next week we start a new season of BD:M.

The worst part – Captain Queeg is back.  Vomit.  Captain Bly or Captain Ahab would be preferable.  I wonder what the over/under will be on when she’ll lose it.

Another vomitworthy moment – Kyle is back.  In the previous season of BD:M Kyle hooked up with a charter guest and you’d think it would be “Happy Ever After” with them – but apparently not.  So even though a cardinal rule is crew and charter guests should not mix, but they did…. Kyle is back.  Hoping this thoroughly horrid person is sacked soon.  You’d be hard pressed to find a lazier and more back-stabby crew member.

The only plus side is that Tumi is back!  She was the angel from BD:DU first season and she’s the top stew!  Tumi was great and just for her I will tune in to the first episode or two.

So until next time I wish all of you fair winds, full sails, and calm seas.  As well as less complicated or troublesome relationships to what we've seen thus far.  Cheers, mates!

• Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • Love 4

It's disappointing there won't be a reunion for this show.  I don't see why they don't do one; it's all streamed in anyway.  Captain Jason and Aesha were on WWHL tonight and answered questions about the season.  Jason said that Jamiee and Culver went on a month long tour of Western Australia, but they aren't still together.  Aesha was going to elaborate on their break up, but thought better of it.  Darn!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

I don't understand Jaimee. It's obvious to everyone that she prefers Luca to Culver. She seemingly confessed hoping Culver would end things. Yet, he doesn't, so she carries on and goes on an extended trip with him?  His huge ass mouth must hold some special talents.

I feel like Tzarina & Joao were both to blame for that mess. Yes, he (once again) acted like a fool but she derailed their budding relationship by treating him like a fukboi from the start, while he genuinely thought they were headed somewhere. I get that Aesha is loathe to trust him but I do feel like he's trying. Maybe I'm the fool.

I adore Captain Jason. Sad that Bravo chose to air two episodes/week, shortening this season. Not looking forward to Med at all. Tumi can only do so much being squeezed between camera whore Sandy and lazy ass Kyle.

Edited by snarts
  • Like 13
  • Love 3

Serving guests breakfast in budgie smugglers is not the same thing as putting on a teppanyaki show and flipping hot food into guests mouths, JASON.

What the hell is so great about a stack of onions on fire?

And Jason thought Keith Stone wouldn’t be classy enough for this? Like tossing food across the table is so upscale.

I wonder what kangaroo tastes like.

All Joao is doing is proving Tzarina right when she said he was fake. He’s reverted back to the same jerk we first met. And he was being a jerk before he went out and got drunk. Spare me the tears. I'm with Aesha on this, he's a manipulative asshole and will never change.

How’s Jason gonna put his contacts in now?

13 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

J-Wow’s comment on Culver’s (lack of) work ethic was entirely legitimate – and Culver’s rejection of it explains why Culver will never go anywhere.

It might have been legit but it was entirely inappropriate in that moment. This is the second time he's called out Culver, apropos of nothing, in front of his fellow crew members. There's a big difference between being corrected for something you're doing wrong or being taken aside for assessment, and just trying to embarrass and ridicule someone in front of everyone else. Doesn't matter if he's right about Culver, Joao is still an ass for doing that.

• Like 6
  • Love 3

I guess the guests really did want it, though that wasn't a real Teppanyaki show.

She just mostly grilled in front of them and lit that dumb onion ring stack called a volcano.  She didn't try to do fancy moves with the knife and spatula.

They're from the Bay Area but I don't even know if such places exist but apparently they go to one particular place a lot.

Only saw a few pieces of food being tossed but afterwards the deck crew had to spray the whole floor to clean it?  So was Tsarina flinging dozens of pieces of food that they didn't show?

Maybe these guests use pot themselves, not just run a business growing it.  So they're not too discriminating about the food, just want to have enough on hand.

Jaimee really liked Culver at the start didn't she?  She was going to burn Tsarina, she didn't care.

Now she really likes Luka.  But she said she herself was cheated on and didn't want to do the same.

She may get over Luka as quickly as she got over Culver.  But she didn't want anything serious probably.  She was put on the spot with the dumb "will you be my girlfriend" stunt.

Tsarina seems to still be having regrets at the end when she sees Joao appearing to cry.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, snarts said:

I don't understand Jaimee. It's obvious to everyone that she prefers Luca to Culver.

It's like after checking "yes I'll be your girlfriend" she's signed herself up forever. Just say you're no longer interested. Sheesh.

26 minutes ago, iMonrey said:

I wonder what kangaroo tastes like.

more or less like beef. A mild meat flavor. The time I had it (in australia, of course) it was served medium rare.

9 minutes ago, aghst said:

They're from the Bay Area but I don't even know if such places exist but apparently they go to one particular place a lot.

I bet the producers asked them "what kind of food do you like to eat?" and they said "we love going to this one restaurant together" and thus the challenge was born. At least they were good sports about it and didn't expect her to be at a professional level.

• Like 4
  • Useful 2
19 minutes ago, aghst said:

Only saw a few pieces of food being tossed but afterwards the deck crew had to spray the whole floor to clean it?  So was Tsarina flinging dozens of pieces of food that they didn't show?

I'm not surprised there were oil spots all over the deck. It's hard enough (at least for me) to cook on a stove without getting some splatter, so I'd imagine cooking on a makeshift grill on a boat could cause a bit of a mess. Additionally, we saw her stepping back from the table to toss the shrimp, so that's more drippage. She probably tossed more stuff than we saw, unless the guests went hungry. 

And, by the way did anyone else notice she was putting the shrimp on the spatula with her hands before trying to flip it? (ugh).  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

Two biggest things in this episode?? Margot is 27?!?!? My gosh, my 20 year old is far more mature than she is. Where has she been living since she became an adult. I am seriously shocked and a little concerned that someone that close to 30 is that immature...

Which brings me to Culver and Jaimee. Wow. Culver is delusional to think Jaimee is really into him and Jaimee is an immature biatch for continuing to string Culver along. Girl, you are too old not to admit you aren't that interested in Culver and move on. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Guest comment regarding previous iron accident -- “Love the iron print.”  Passive aggressive much?

When Aesha is on camera focus, is she always high?  That hippy/trippy crap is unendurable.

It was the male guest making the comment so definitely passive aggressive.

Aesha is always like that.  She is unrelentingly cheerful about everything and everybody.  Except Joao - she has his number down cold.

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

One thing I noticed about BD shows is that the crew are very chummy with the guests.

Margot was telling that woman with the burned dress how great she looked.

Of course they're hugging them when they board or depart and now you have them having some extended convos, like some guests ask about who likes whom or who's hooking up with whom among the crew.

The crew are suppose to be performing service for the guests but I don't know if being overly friendly and chatting them up is to make a bigger tip or they met them off camera and got familiar with them, so they're more likely to have some longer convos than you typically get from a client-service person relationship.

Plus, since a lot of the shows are oriented around crew hookups, it seems guests are playing along to prompt the crew to gossip about crew hookups.

• Like 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, aghst said:

She just mostly grilled in front of them and lit that dumb onion ring stack called a volcano.  She didn't try to do fancy moves with the knife and spatula.

I don't know what the big deal is with lighting up an onion, I can set every food known to man alight & I never get a round of applause. 

Edited by Shrek
Brain is faster than my fingers
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 15

I'm disappointed that Joao completely gave up in the last episode and decided to give zero fucks but I'm wondering why that pretty basic and average behavior somehow makes him that much more horrible than anyone else having a bad night and behaving badly?

I get that Joao has a reputation however the worst I see about him is that he has dickish tendencies, is an absolutely sloppy drunk and can be an absolute asshole when it comes to shit he doesn’t like (i.e. Culver and his bullshit).

I’m a bit uncomfortable at the outside judgement he gets from Tzarina and Aesha. You may not like how he operates. You may find him too much of a risk to deal with in an intimate sense and yes he may not come across as the safest prospect for a significant other but to act as if he’s something of an abusive danger to women seems like such an unfair stretch.

Joao’s a player,  he can be abrupt and he does seem to be straight to the point about things but him being someone that has issues with commitment and relationships doesn’t make him a bad person. I don’t think Joao is a bad person because to me a bad person deliberately misrepresents themselves in order to deceptively get something they want at the expense of someone else. Joao gets on the ride with willing participants and enjoys what may come.

Seems to me, with Tzarina he laid out what particular enjoyments he wanted from their particular ride, which was actual closeness and an attempt at a relationship. I don’t’ think he was being misleading at all with the way he behaved around her and how comfortable they were with each other.

I will say that Joao’s childish, immature and selfish reputation has put him in this position to begin with and reverting back to zero fuck Joao doesn’t help anything. All in all I think Tzarina’s approach and very valid wall contributed to that mess. It really is shitty to start throwing stuff in Joao’s face instead of addressing the behavior in real time. There’s no need to refer to the “old Joao”. Just point out the dickish behavior that he’s currently exhibiting.

I’m also not a fan of people referring to him (or anyone in this situation) as “past” and “present” because it makes it seem like Joao has to be something other than who he is in order to be approved and accepted. To me it’s fucked to constantly have that in your back pocket as a weapon to use. Just say, “hey you were an asshole last night. You turned to alcohol, knowing full well how that would turn out and now here we are. It’s pretty disappointing.” The childish reverting back to past “misdeeds” (which I’m hard pressed to label as such) in order to scold is just a bit much.

Lay down you concerns, upsets and boundaries and go from there. If you feel that he crossed a line and  you aren’t going to chance it because he still has too many of the tendencies that you’re aware of but not a fan of still lingering close to the surface then leave it at that and move on. I don’t think there’s any reason to go so far as to make it seem like he’s fighting a disease and fell off the wagon. Being disappointed is one thing but being crushed as if he’s committed some major crime against humanity is just unnecessary and melodramatic.   He’s got work to do sure, but don’t we all?

• Like 5
  • Applause 9
29 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

I’m a bit uncomfortable at the outside judgement he gets from Tzarina and Aesha. You may not like how he operates. You may find him too much of a risk to deal with in an intimate sense and yes he may not come across as the safest prospect for a significant other but to act as if he’s something of an abusive danger to women seems like such an unfair stretch.

Aesha had every right to her opinion of Joao, having firsthand experience dealing with him and his misogynist comments. Same could be said about Hannah and the rest of us who had to watch it.

While I've stated that Tzarina handled the hookup/date poorly, his retaliatory response of kissing Margot was OTT, which means her opinion is also justified.

Joao has lost the benefit of the doubt because the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior in similar situations and that's all on him. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
3 hours ago, Shrek said:

I don't know what the big deal is with lighting up an onion, I can set every food known to man alight & I never get a round of applause. 

I applauded your post, just so you won't feel left out anymore!  😂

And, yeah, I've been to too many hibachi places/dinners where that flaming onion stack doesn't impress me much.  I think it's cute, but I'm more impressed with the actual food.

Around here, at-home private hibachi dinners are currently a big trend right now.  Companies send a hibachi chef with the flat top, all the food (your choice from pre-determined selections) and add-ons.  They set up on your deck, patio, backyard, etc., and do the whole hibachi dinner thing for you and your invited friends.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Aesha had every right to her opinion of Joao, having firsthand experience dealing with him and his misogynist comments. Same could be said about Hannah and the rest of us who had to watch it.

While I've stated that Tzarina handled the hookup/date poorly, his retaliatory response of kissing Margot was OTT, which means her opinion is also justified.

Joao has lost the benefit of the doubt because the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior in similar situations and that's all on him. 

I didn't like him that much that season either but I found him to be childish, immature and selfish with his dealings with Casey and the other one, can't remember  her name. 

Noone is saying he isn't a red flag relationship wise but the stretch to paint him as some terrible, avoid at all costs, person is just ridiculous. To be honest, I'm not a big fan of Aesha. She's another vulgar and inappropriate personality. Joao hurt her feelings and shared some very harsh opinions that do lean toward a patriarch way of thinking but as we've come to learn about Joao is that he doesn't hold back his opinions. He went at Culver with the same brutal honesty (well his honesty) so to me that paints him as someone who could work on his tact and delivery. And yeah, of course take it down a notch dude and stop being so unapologetically abrasive when it's not called for. 

As for him and relationships, again he is a huge red flag as in beware the emotional rollercoaster, uncertainty, selfishness and fear of commitment. This lumps him in a pretty common pool of men and women. I tend not to confuse being petty and childish not to mention a sloppy drunk with being someone who purposely mistreats women. My opinion off him is that he's no better or worse than a guy that has enjoyed the affection of women WHO want to play but still kinda sucks when it comes to any sort of serious relationship. 

Not being boyfriend material is not the same as being a predator and at some points I felt like the girls were speaking about him as if he preys on women when what I saw play out was that he can be an inconsiderate prick who sometimes gives zero fucks about hurting feelings. Now granted I think not liking someone who pulls petty shit is absolutely warranted and that alone is enough not to like the dude so I'm not saying Aesha and Tzarina are in the wrong but it's the exaggerated narrative that he's  some danger to society when in reality he's just another fuck boi having a hard time making the transition to being relationship material. I mean it's not like you CAN'T see him coming from a mile away or that he hides it. So this whole fearmongering their pushing about this dude seems hella corny to me.

No we don't need a whole PSA about Joao. Gimme a break. He's a walking "Ride at your own risk" sign so, to me,  their reactions are a bit much. LOL!

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
3 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

’m a bit uncomfortable at the outside judgement he gets from Tzarina and Aesha. You may not like how he operates. You may find him too much of a risk to deal with in an intimate sense and yes he may not come across as the safest prospect for a significant other but to act as if he’s something of an abusive danger to women seems like such an unfair stretch.

I don't think anyone has accused Joao of being abusive. Just manipulative. That's different. 

3 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I don’t think Joao is a bad person because to me a bad person deliberately misrepresents themselves in order to deceptively get something they want at the expense of someone else.

That was exactly what Tzarina's point was. Joao was being fake with her, pretending he'd changed, when he hadn't. And he proved it last night.

51 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

Joao hurt her feelings and shared some very harsh opinions that do lean toward a patriarch way of thinking but as we've come to learn about Joao is that he doesn't hold back his opinions. He went at Culver with the same brutal honesty (well his honesty) so to me that paints him as someone who could work on his tact and delivery.

People who say "You are stupid" or "You act like a whore" then go "I'm just being honest" do not get a free pass. That's not "just being honest." That's being a dick. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2

Thing is, why would Joao try to start a serious relationship?

He's on a TV show and in an environment where people are doing casual hookups and once you're off the boat, you go separate ways, which in this case means going to separate countries, indeed separate continents.

So unless at least one of them is wealthy and willing to travel often or pay for their partner to visit him or her, a long distance thing is unlikely.

Plus, he's shown a side of him that gives women reason to be wary, both on TV and in Tsarina's social circle.

They try to make it seem like Joao and Tsarina had this great chemistry but how natural and spontaneous can they be with all the cameras and lights around?

Or are we suppose to believe that they had all these interactions not shown on the show where they had this strong mutual attraction and they always enjoyed being around each other.

Even without a TV show production going on, you wonder how often people who work charters or cruises develop something serious.

Joao himself said that Culver's captain friend may not want a couple to work on his charter.  Because away from the Bravo BD circus, on real working boats, they don't want staff to have potential emotional issues, like one gets upset with the other or there's infidelity and one or both no longer want to be around each other, let alone work together in the close quarters of these boats.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
14 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Serving guests breakfast in budgie smugglers is not the same thing as putting on a teppanyaki show and flipping hot food into guests mouths, JASON.

What the hell is so great about a stack of onions on fire?

And Jason thought Keith Stone wouldn’t be classy enough for this? Like tossing food across the table is so upscale.

I'm in agreement.  As much as I like Jason, he didn't support Tzarina as much as I would have liked.  It was a stupid ask by the guests (ie production) to expect her to do a teppanyaki dinner-- that takes specific training.  Comparing it to his budgie smugglers was ridiculous.  Additionally, Jason has said "no" to dinners he did not want to attend, so he isn't ALL about the guests when it comes to him. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
On 9/19/2023 at 4:23 AM, Tanukisan said:

Like a prawn at dawn who's on with a yawn, these comments are in the order of episode scenes broadcast...

For more than half of this season, I wasn't watching the show but reading your amazing comments! Thanks to all the commentators here, cause your comments are far more interesting than any of the BD shows!

The BD franchise formula:

The charters:

• randoms guests often pretending that knew each other before coming on board
  • stupid requests 
  • cheap beach setups in some usually pathetic beaches
  • silly parties that request humiliating the crew
  • lots of drunk guests, apparently drinking heavily trying to forget they are a part of the show
  • random nasty guest behavior 
  • more stupid requests
  • occasional guest trauma (from minor wounds to burnt dresses).

The Crew:

• At least one person that qualifies to get fired before the half of the season
  • At least one villain (not necessary the one who get's fired)
  • A chef that usually can't really cook well or has some kind of issues/phobias 
  • At least one docking going wrong or almost going wrong
  • One sex predator, in some cases (Gary) a serial one
  • Various "love" combinations that end up to ugly filmed sex scenes and "relationships" that at best have the maturity of a pre-teen couple.
  • A lot of drunk people behaving like  morons in public
  • A lot of scenes in the jacuzzi
  • A lot of farting and barfing
  • A lot of captains snoring while the crew is partying in the boat
  • Captain Sandy going berserk 

The Boats:

• Usually none of the kind that someone would really pay this amount of money to spend 3 days on (not that they are really paying)
  • At least one malfunction per season. Sometimes even more than once
  • Galleys from hell
  • Anchors with attitude
  • As long as they have a jacuzzi..
  • suffering micromanaging usually from a certain blonde captain 

Locations:

• Once upon a time, we use to get more from the locations, but I guess after Covid they stopped even bothering 

Ok nice people, did  I forget anything? I am ready to film my own BD? :)

• Like 5
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
8 hours ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

I'm in agreement.  As much as I like Jason, he didn't support Tzarina as much as I would have liked.  It was a stupid ask by the guests (ie production) to expect her to do a teppanyaki dinner-- that takes specific training. 

I get the impression from interviews with him on the show and elsewhere that Tzarina had major performance anxiety issues throughout the season, many of which didn't air (probably in favor of her romantic entanglements) but she always ultimately rose to the occasion, so to him it was just the latest in a series of talking her through her anxiety and not letting her run from it. 

And given her over the top attachment/attraction to him, it wouldn't surprise me if she played up those insecurities to get the one on one pep talks from him. Possibly. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
21 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I don't think anyone has accused Joao of being abusive. Just manipulative. That's different. 

That was exactly what Tzarina's point was. Joao was being fake with her, pretending he'd changed, when he hadn't. And he proved it last night.

People who say "You are stupid" or "You act like a whore" then go "I'm just being honest" do not get a free pass. That's not "just being honest." That's being a dick. 

I mean manipulative in what way? I don't get the extreme manipulation. He's a fuck boi....

I didn't see Joao being fake with Tzarina I saw him being confused cause Tzarina couldn't decide whether she wanted to be DTF or be serious. I get what her reservations were but if he doesn't know what version of a relationship she wanted to participate in then how is he supposed to move forward with her?

My guess, and it's only a guess is if Tzarina had just come right out and was clear with him and asked to try out a serious relationship then he either would have backed out or said yes I'd like to try and then proceed. Plain and simple. The ridiculous uncertainy of Tzarinas childish indecision, complete with insults is what caused the reaction we see. Not that the whole time he was getting along with her, he was being fake. If he just wanted to get into her pants, mission accomplished. He didn't have to continue being sweet. The fact that he wanted to take her on a date showed that he wanted to know where her head was at so that he can move in a way that took her feelings into account. He didn't NEED to put on that show cause he already got in  her pants. His reaction was WACK but I think it was an organic reaction to Tzarinas low opinion of him. He could have easily went cold after hooking up with her but he didn't. He went cold after she hurt his feelings and realized that she would be holding stuff over his head which would make any attempt less likely to succeed and call me a sap but I think Joao actually wanted to try. But that's just me. 

I don't think he gets a pass for being rude and hurtful with his words. I've agreed that Joao can be a dick and an asshole which is why I understand Aesha's dislike of him. I also agree that his reaction to Tzarina's misgivings was absolutely immature and hurtful. I just don't think it's for all that. He messed up, Tzarina could have handled expressing her concerns better and Aesha still doesn't like Joao. All the extra name calling and AHA moments was a bit much for me. LOL.

Edited by Yours Truly
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, Tanukisan said:

Perhaps the only thing you missed out was a dash of twerking, but then that may have been on purpose....  (:

ahahahahah, I actually did think about it, but I could not remember how it is called in English! 😆

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
10 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Can't you buy garment steamers for under $100?  Why are they using irons, which are obviously not intended for that purpose?

You can get them on Amazon for under $30 but most are around $40-$50.

Edited by Shrek
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, Snarky McSnarky said:

Can't you buy garment steamers for under $100?  Why are they using irons, which are obviously not intended for that purpose?

But if they had steamers we wouldn't get the ironing mishaps (across the whole franchise!).  It's as much a trope as the lame beach picnics.

• Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4

Or maybe not rely on just anyone to take care of an expensive dress?

Anyways, the show paid for the dress even though they pretended like Jason is paying.

If the guests were really upset about the dress and the tips were real, it would have been under $10k.

But not so coincidentally it’s around the same amount as every other charter on every BD show, around $1500 per cast member, give or take a couple hundred — funny how that works out, it’s as if they’re guaranteed to average around that amount or something.

• LOL 1
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, aghst said:

Anyways, the show paid for the dress even though they pretended like Jason is paying.

And if she was so concerned about her expensive dress why did she wear it on a night they requested hot oily food be thrown across the table at them?

19 hours ago, Yours Truly said:

I mean manipulative in what way? I don't get the extreme manipulation. He's a fuck boi....

Those things aren't mutually exclusive. He baited her into saying something negative about him and when she did he acted all butt hurt about it. That's typical manipulative behavior. He set her up so he could act like the injured party. I imagine that's his standard MO for getting out of relationships. Funny how it's always the girl's fault when they break up.

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Those things aren't mutually exclusive. He baited her into saying something negative about him and when she did he acted all butt hurt about it. That's typical manipulative behavior. He set her up so he could act like the injured party. I imagine that's his standard MO for getting out of relationships. Funny how it's always the girl's fault when they break up.

Baited her? See this is what I mean. It's the diabolical interpretation of what happened that I find comical. To me they were having a pretty basic conversation. Joao was trying to see where Tzarina's head was at and ASK questions to try and get her to be more clear about what her intentions were. The question he asked was " What's the first thing you think of when you think of me?" (paraphrase) how is that a manipulative question?? Looked to me he was trying to break it down to something more simple since Tzarina's turned into a jibbering fool during that date. Look, I'm about looking at the big picture and not overreaching. It's not Tzarina's fault they didn't work however Tzarina did act all deer in the woods on that date which is very different from the cool, low key, positive energy chef Joao was interacting with during the season. 

I have absolutely no problem with Tzarina being guarded and confused about how she wanted to proceed with Joao but she did resort to being insulting when asked how she felt. That was also a childish way to treat Joao and the situation. I think Tzarina was doing a little bit of manipulation herself with her double talk and feelers. In the rack with Joao she mentions "absolutely catching feelings" then quickly hardens up and reinforces the casual angle. That was her way of letting him know that anything further casual or not would most likely result in her catching feeling for him. She was lightly throwing bits and pieces of information at him HOPING he would get the hint and take over from there. As in, promise it wouldn't be just a fling. All in all that's what she wanted to hear from him but she didn't want to ask it OF him. She was hoping he would make the first move towards claiming a serious attempt at an official relationship and when he failed to do so her guard kept going up and up and by the time he asked the question she blurted out her insult since he wasn't delivering what she was hoping he would. 

I'm a woman, I saw all that coming a mile away. Joao's, like a lot of men, was looking for absolute confirmation that Tzarina wanted more before throwing his hat in the ring. Honestly I'm not so sure what his answer would have been had Tzarina just came right out and admitted/asked for what she really wanted. But what I think Joao wanted was to at least know EXACTLY what he would be making a decision on. Something casual doesn't require him offering guarantees and reassurances. Something official would. So whether he would have backed of and said he didn't want to do more than casual or yes would have wanted to give it a shot, that date, I THINK, for Joao was for him to be able to understand what it was he had to make a decision about and not just play it by ear moving forward. 

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
10 minutes ago, Yours Truly said:

The question he asked was " What's the first thing you think of when you think of me?" (paraphrase)

to be fair, he asked "what's the first *negative* thing you think when you think of me." 

That's a weird one for a just-beginning relationship.

• Like 6

You can take Tzarina out of the equation altogether and Joao is still an ass. Look at the way he deliberately belittled Culver in front of other people, twice. The second time in front of the captain. Everyone at the table was uncomfortable. Look at how he cried about what a victim he was in the hallway. Two inches away from a room he could have gone into, but no, he had to make sure people saw him and felt sorry for him. Boo hoo, poor Joao. 

to be fair, he asked "what's the first *negative* thing you think when you think of me." 

That's a weird one for a just-beginning relationship.

And why would you even ask that unless you were setting someone up to make them the bad guy in this? Is there anything she could have said that he wouldn't have reacted negatively to?

In a way I almost felt sorry for Culver when Jamie told him she made out with Luka. The look on his face, it was like she broke his brain. He just didn't seem to know how to react. The kid's just not the sharpest tool in the shed.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Like 7

Eh, two grown adults not knowing how to handle casual sex. Actually I think Joao has NO problem with casual sex its dealing with women who pretend to be okay with it but put the blame elsewhere where when it shockingly doesn't come with committed relationship behavior that throws him off. LOL 

I say it all the time. Casual sex just isn't for everyone and it cracks me up when women test the waters and then get mad that its ice cold. 

I'm just not in the habit of infantilizing women who should pretty much know better and that goes double for Tzarina who already had her preconceived opinion of him and plenty of information. She had everything she needed to not even go there but the vagina was making demands and God forbid it gets denied. Blah.

• Like 5

Tzarina made a bad choice when she decided to go there with Joao, no doubt. That doesn't make Joao any less of an ass. We've had three seasons now of him being an ass. I don't know how much more evidence anyone needs.

• Like 3
On 9/23/2023 at 12:07 PM, iMonrey said:

Tzarina made a bad choice when she decided to go there with Joao, no doubt. That doesn't make Joao any less of an ass. We've had three seasons now of him being an ass. I don't know how much more evidence anyone needs.

Who is denying that Joao can and  has been an ass I wonder?