Type keyword(s) to search

The Golden Bachelor - General Discussion

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, TheFinalRose said:

I'm fully expecting Ben Higgins to get up and address Gary and Teresa before they can finally be wed.  

Why on earth is everyone getting up to speak? This is utterly bizarre.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
3 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

This is one of the most beautiful  wedding ceremonies I've  ever seen.

Yes, there were commercial breaks, but I think the main event easily supersedes.

I think it is lovely and as it is on network TV, I expected commercial breaks. Susan is wonderful. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Jaundiced Eye said:

Why on earth is everyone getting up to speak? This is utterly bizarre.

I guess since they’re just airing the ceremony, they’re doing the speeches now rather than during the reception.

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

Can't believe Susan is making it all about her.   The veil and gown are not working with the older face.   I would want a church wedding with a minister or priest, but that's not Teresa.  I wonder if she got him to sign the pre-nup that he was refusing to do.  She's foolish is she married him without it considering his history.

Agree with all of this. No way he's signing away access to Teresa's money. She wanted a wedding. Hope she had time to put some of her assets in a trust before today. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3

Chance and choice. I like that. I met my husband in a yahoo chat room by chance. He lived 20 minutes from my house. We had the same friends but never met. So chance, but we made a choice. 

• Like 3
  • Love 4
(edited)
6 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I think it is lovely and as it is on network TV, I expected commercial breaks. Susan is wonderful. 

but not in the middle of the actual ceremony. It wasn’t a Catholic wedding mass, they could have held off on commercials and instead have run a banner underneath saying “This wedding brought to you by ABC, Amazon, Poise, Depends….

And Neil Lane.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 4
(edited)

Mes amis!

We are gathered here tonight to witness the marriage of Gerry (Indiana!), Widower Extraordinaire, and his Treesa, She of the Calming Hand and Head for Finance. A joint venture of Reality TV, by Reality TV, and for Reality TV. Thus, by the power invested in ABC, commercials will be shown, family will speak on camera, the Unchosen will "smile," and the Officiant will do Improv. 

God bless us, everyone. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 10
  • Love 1
(edited)

There is no dignity here.  They are acting like idiots getting married in Vegas.

I truly do not understand this comment, if you refer strictly to Theresa and Gerry. Yes, there were some nervous laughs on the bride's part, and Gerry’s  vows were a bit too "Season recap," but I thought the vows part was otherwise pretty on point.

Hey, at least we didn't get Stripper Couture as many modern wedding gowns resemble. 

Edited by LennieBriscoe
  • Like 5
  • Applause 2
(edited)

I liked it, they seemed themselves or more real and happy than what a televised wedding I was expecting.

Even not being able to get the rings off the pillow, everything just seemed real and their families all united too. I'm happy for them. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Like 14
5 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

There is no dignity here.  They are acting like idiots getting married in Vegas.

What’s wrong with that?   They have both been married before.  And this time they are getting a free televised wedding followed by a free honeymoon.   Good for them having fun with it.  

• Like 9
  • Applause 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

I truly do not understand this comment, if you refer strictly to Theresa and Gerry. So there are some laughs! Dang, must a wedding be as solemn as a funeral?

I thought it was cute.  A wedding should have smiles! 

1 minute ago, DEL901 said:

What’s wrong with that?   They have both been married before.  And this time they are getting a free televised wedding followed by a free honeymoon.   Good for them having fun with it.  

If you are 70 and getting married, you should joyous! B3 glad to be alive. 

I met my now husband while going thru a bad divorce. We met by chance in a yahoo chat room. Turns out we lived about 15 miles away from each other. I knew a few of his friends. His sister in law went to my high school. We made a choice to get together and marry. That part of the ceremony hit home for me. 

The bachelor stuff is a bit much, but it is from the tv show. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Like 5

The Bachelor franchise isn't known for dignity or class, but they've dialed up Trash TV to 11. Oh well, a free, camera whore wedding, $40,000 ring, all-expenses-paid honeymoon in Italy, TV salaries and future "influencer" money. I guess there's an upside to however long this marriage lasts.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Stats Queen said:

Braydon and Christina Mandrell - OMG - I really don’t care about either of them. I predict that they will break off their engagement fighting over a pair of earrings.

How gauche to become engaged at someone else’s wedding. How long have they been seeing each other? I thought I saw a little bit of a belly on Christina. I wonder if shes pregnant. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Artsda said:

Aww Charity's got a date. Fall 2025. While Zack and Katie stand there with no wedding yet?

That was a little awkward with Zack and Katie, but they are still together.  

As for the wedding guest list….must be related to the happy couple by blood, marriage or membership in Bachelor Nation.  

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
8 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

I don’t think we just watched the same wedding. Their vows were absolutely lovely. Granted, I’m in the hospital watching this with my kid and the nurse just walked in during the ring exchange so maybe I missed the Elvis impersonator or something.

• Like 7
  • Hugs 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

I don’t think we just watched the same wedding. Their vows were absolutely lovely. Granted, I’m in the hospital watching this with my kid and the nurse just walked in during the ring exchange so maybe I missed the Elvis impersonator or something.

Hospital? Hope everything is okay.

• Hugs 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, JenE4 said:

Yea, I guess we all have our way to view things. I didn't  notice Elvis BTW. 

• Like 4

The Bachelor franchise isn't known for dignity or class, but they've dialed up Trash TV to 11. Oh well, a free, camera whore wedding, $40,000 ring, all-expenses-paid honeymoon in Italy, TV salaries and future "influencer" money. I guess there's an upside to however long this marriage lasts.

Call me Ms. Trash, because those perks sound pretty dang sweet to me! (Free trip to Italy? Yes, please!)

I trust you didn't watch any weddings of the British Royal Family? 😆😆😆

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
1 minute ago, TheFinalRose said:

Teresa can hardly walk in that mermaid dress. How ridiculous. 

I think most women pick dresses like that and forget that part. 

We ain't seen nothing yet? Golden Bachelorette? Leslie? 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, LennieBriscoe said:

Call me Ms. Trash, because those perks sound pretty dang sweet to me! (Free trip to Italy? Yes, please!)

I trust you didn't watch any weddings of the British Royal Family? 😆😆😆

Taxes. Everyone forgets them. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, TheFinalRose said:

Teresa can hardly walk in that mermaid dress. How ridiculous. 

At least she didn't fall flat on her face. Didn't she realize that even young women struggle to walk in those things? I was here for the snark, so I wasn't disappointed in that respect.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

What? No "spontaneous" Groomsmen Dance?! No Removal of the Bridal Garter?! No "cute children" cavorting?! No faces smeared with wedding cake?! No staggering Drunken Uncles?! No cringe-worthy speech by the Best Man?! 

Such a lack of dignity, I'm tellin' yas!

3 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Taxes. Everyone forgets them. 

Oh, not Theresa. Nope. 😉🤑

• Like 1
  • LOL 6
36 minutes ago, Doublemint said:

Can't believe Susan is making it all about her.   The veil and gown are not working with the older face.   I would want a church wedding with a minister or priest, but that's not Teresa.  I wonder if she got him to sign the pre-nup that he was refusing to do.  She's foolish is she married him without it considering his history.

No prenup?  Bad decision with his record.

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
1 minute ago, kristen111 said:

No prenup?  Bad decision with his record.

Gerry resisted signing. I guess Teresa had to abandon the pre-nup if she wanted a wedding. As I wrote earlier, I hope Teresa was wise enough to protect her existing assets by setting up a trust. Future earnings are another matter altogether. She's probably going to be stuck there.

• Like 5

What was with that wedding singer? He reminded me of the inappropriate wedding singer at the end of The Hangover.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 2
21 minutes ago, JenE4 said:

I hope everything is ok.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Sir RaiderDuck OMS said:

And what exactly is wrong with getting married in Vegas?

I was just today watching the Ross and Rachel drunk Vegas wedding episode during my Friends binge. It was so much more fun than the Golden wedding.

• Applause 1

I was just today watching the Ross and Rachel drunk Vegas wedding episode during my Friends binge. It was so much more fun than the Golden wedding.

Damn .. I never saw that one.

• Like 1

I wanted to see some of the reception, not the pre wedding “red carpet”  - and the whole Brayden proposal- WTF - really, really that was so inappropriate, annoying and a waste of time.

I am off to put my 60th birthday party registry on Amazon. I will pose the QR code so you can send me gifts. I am looking forward to receiving lots of Poise and depend products, and supplements for seniors. 

• LOL 12

I wonder how old are those of you here who are making fun of the wedding and dissing Theresa and Gerry? God willing, my sweet husband and I will celebrate our 40th anniversary in a few months. We both have gone through cancer and have celebrated the highest of highs and the lowest of lows together - my goodness, life is so short. Embrace happiness where you can. I'm so happy for them.

• Like 8
  • Love 14

Really there’s only so much gravitas a sponsored televised wedding can muster. If anyone thought they’d tune in for Southern elegance that was a huge mistake. 
It was the carnival I expected. No disappointment here. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
13 minutes ago, Tess23 said:

I wonder how old are those of you here who are making fun of the wedding and dissing Theresa and Gerry? God willing, my sweet husband and I will celebrate our 40th anniversary in a few months. We both have gone through cancer and have celebrated the highest of highs and the lowest of lows together - my goodness, life is so short. Embrace happiness where you can. I'm so happy for them.

I am happy for them also. 40th an anniversary is wonderful - a rare thing these days. It’s been 28 years for me and my sweet husband.

My parents 65th is on January 29, my mom passed away at the end of November- wish they had made it to their. 65

• Hugs 3
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

I think most women pick dresses like that and forget that part. 

We ain't seen nothing yet? Golden Bachelorette? Leslie? 

Hoping not Leslie, but would def welcome Faith!

Did anyone else think Zach looked sickly?  Maybe it was because he was next to women with spray tans but, my goodness, he looked gray in the gills and ready to drop!  Perhaps he'd just seen Rachel walk by.  That could explain it.

I hope Theresa felt like the most beautiful woman on earth.  I just wish they'd not overwhelmed her petite frame with so much and chosen a simpler, more elegant look for her.  She didn't look comfortable, either.

• Like 5
17 minutes ago, endure said:

Hoping not Leslie, but would def welcome Faith!

I still think if Leslie had money, he would have married her.  I’m surprised Leslie went to the wedding .

I also thought this wedding was much better than Teresa Gudice’s wedding to Louie.  ABC out did Bravo.

• Like 3
50 minutes ago, Stats Queen said:

I am happy for them also. 40th an anniversary is wonderful - a rare thing these days. It’s been 28 years for me and my sweet husband.

My parents 65th is on January 29, my mom passed away at the end of November- wish they had made it to their. 65

Over 50 years for me and the love of my life.  Love at first sight.  Love him to death.

• Like 3
  • Fire 1
  • Love 3
16 minutes ago, kristen111 said:

I also thought this wedding was much better than Teresa Gudice’s wedding to Louie.  ABC out did Bravo.

I totally agree. 1) Teresa and Louie were not involved, 2) Teresa and Louie were not present, 3) no toxic relationships from anyone on the show especially with famibly members. And 4) no 2 foot tall, $10,000 head of hair.

IMG_6056.jpeg

• Like 1
  • LOL 5