Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Harvest

• Start Topic

(edited)

RIP Talos. You deserved better.

I know I should probably feel sorry for G’iah but I don’t. She was more than happy to follow Gravik until it was Skrulls that got hurt/killed instead of just innocent humans. It had to take losing both her parents for her to finally grow a conscience.

I fear Varra is next to be fridged.

I think I’m starting to fall in love with Sonya. Which is why I’m also fearing for whatever the writers are going to do with her.

One more episode left, and even though I should’ve figured they’d do it, I really really hate that they’re dragging it out to the finals to reveal whose been an MCU Skrull and for how long. We STILL don’t know when Rhodey got replaced.

I hope the payoff is worth it…but I fear it won’t be.

Edited by Spartan Girl
  • Like 4

Damn, they really did kill Talos. So many deaths just for some Avenger DNA. 

Sorry but any fake language that Emilia Clarke speaks in just makes it sound like Dothraki or High Valyrian to me...

I didn't get the part at the end when Sonya asks "Why Finland?" Fury says something about skrulls liking the cold. Was that her realizing that Fury's wife was a skrull?? 

• Like 2
(edited)

Based upon how the guy on the plane was introduced, I assumed I was meant to be giddy with excitement with his appearance/cameo. And then when Sonya said Fury's disguise was a widow veil (or something like that) I assumed the Plane Guy appeared in the Black Widow movie. So headed to Wikipedia and it confirms that's where he is from, he is Mason, not that that rings a bell.

While this isn't a bad show, I worked out my issue with the series, it honestly feels like a movie chopped up into 6 parts. Definitely not a TV show with 6 episodes.

Oh and is The Harvest a thing from the comics or just an MCU thing? I really don't understand why Fury thought it a good idea to collect Avengers blood instead of just cleaning up the blood. What was the purpose?

Edited by Bill1978

Howard Stark stockpiled Captain America blood - hoping to reverse engineer the formula. Eventually, he gave up and let Peggy Carter destroy the final sample. Fury followed standard SSR / SHIELD procedure by collecting super powered  blood for research.

1 hour ago, Bill1978 said:

I really don't understand why Fury thought it a good idea to collect Avengers blood instead of just cleaning up the blood. What was the purpose?

• Like 4

Okay, so if Fury had gotten all the Avengers’s Endgame blood, then Rhodey couldn’t have been a Skrull back then since the blood would have given her away?

Unless it’s another overlooked plot hole courtesy of K.E.V.I.N., who as always can go fuck himself.

• Like 2

Rhodey has no super powers - like Stark, Barton & Romanoff - so his blood has no scientific value and would not have been collected

52 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Okay, so if Fury had gotten all the Avengers’s Endgame blood, then Rhodey couldn’t have been a Skrull back then since the blood would have given her away?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, paigow said:

Rhodey has no super powers - like Stark, Barton & Romanoff - so his blood has no scientific value and would not have been collected

Fury didn't specify he just stuck to the superpowered ones. He wouldn't have been able to tell whose blood was whose without getting all of it to separate it.

I guess Talos really is dead, damn it. He deserved so much better than to be taken out by a loser like Gravik, who's brilliant plan involved possibly blowing up his own army. The MCU is a sadder place without him in it, and he died before even finding out what happens with his people after having fought with his daughter. I cant believe the show is almost done, I feel like the story hasn't even started yet. Are we ever going to find out who the rest of the hidden Skrulls are?

If Gravik plans on blowing up his whole compound in case Fury blinks first, who will even be around to keep their plan going and enjoy their radioactive Skrull world? Him and some other Skrulls he has stationed around the world? The Skrulls who presumably aren't down for mass murder who are probably going to have words about this? Seems like a pretty dumb plan, on top of his many other dumb plans. 

Sonia is awesome, now that Talos is gone she's the shows highlight. I adore her sugary sweet British brutality. "Its what all the podcasts are about." 

I don't have much sympathy for G’iah, despite how good of a job Emilia is doing with her. She was awful to her father and was totally down for genocide until it started to affect her and her family personally and her reasoning is ridiculously petty. 

This show has a lot of interesting ideas about world politics in a world with shapeshifters among them, issues of assimilation and identity among a diaspora, Fury trying to deal with the new normal in a world so different than the one where he made his spy bones, but its just not working. At least Fury has his jacket and eyepatch back!

• Like 7
8 hours ago, tired and hungry said:

I didn't get the part at the end when Sonya asks "Why Finland?" Fury says something about skrulls liking the cold. 

Then Skrulls no longer want earth. 

5 hours ago, paigow said:

I thought Black widow was part of a Russian super soldier program similar to Captain America. 

FWIW, I think that unlike in the comics, the appearances of all previous characters were as them themselves rather than as a Skrull version unless otherwise specified.

Anyway, mixed feelings about this episode, as lots of parts were just dumb IMO:

Fury not doing more to out SkRhodey than weakly whisper to a semi-out-of-it president whose life he just helped save not to trust SkRhodey;

Fury not wounding SkRhodey to show that she's a Skrull or at least not human;

SkRhodey threatening to out Fury as the "murderer" of Maria Hill rather than just arresting or killing him;

The outing of Fury as the "murderer" immediately being televised (shouldn't the public at large have no clue who Fury and Hill are, or that Hill was murdered? After all, wasn't there a hearing where Rhodey disavowed the possibility that Fury and Hill were in Russia just recently?);

Priscilla staying in the country manor because it offered security but a Skrull commando squad being able to invade not-so-secretly with no alarms, no inherent defenses, etc.; 

Gravik being willing to call off the Secret Invasion in exchange for the Harvest (if he's actually being serious);

Fury actually being willing to bring him the Harvest and not immediately distrusting Gravik.

That said, I do have to give it to the show for Fury getting suited up, eyepatch and all. That said, it's kind of silly that he had like a separate compartment for every piece of the ensemble.

7 minutes ago, Affogato said:

I thought Black widow was part of a Russian super soldier program similar to Captain America. 

Nothing in the MCU has established that Black Widow or others who have gone through the Red Room have any biological enhancements, super-soldier serum or anything similar.

Red Guardian has some sort of super-soldier serum, but as far as we have been told Romanov is no more "super" than Hawkeye or any well-trained SHIELD operative (her ability to have survived stuff easily that would have hurt or killed real garden-variety humans notwithstanding.)

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Affogato said:

Black Widow Academy performed mandatory sterilization and brainwashing, but was not part of a Winter Soldier type group.  Romanoff was a highly skilled killer, but she used parachutes when jumping from a plane...

7 minutes ago, paigow said:

Black Widow Academy performed mandatory sterilization and brainwashing, but was not part of a Winter Soldier type group.  Romanoff was a highly skilled killer, but she used parachutes when jumping from a plane...

Spoiler

She is in the comics

• Like 2
15 hours ago, tired and hungry said:

I didn't get the part at the end when Sonya asks "Why Finland?" Fury says something about skrulls liking the cold. Was that her realizing that Fury's wife was a skrull?? 

I think so but I also took it as a reference to Big Game, a movie Samuel L. Jackson starred in that was set in Finland. That movie has a silly premise but is a lot of fun.

When the baddies came after G'iah and Priscilla, I noticed a lot of folks bleeding red. I thought maybe it was a setup to have them kill a bunch of humans but they just left right after Priscilla said she wasn't going to. I appreciated G'iah having the genre-savvy to point out that sticking around in a location that you know is going to be attacked is a terrible idea.

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, dwmarch said:

When the baddies came after G'iah and Priscilla, I noticed a lot of folks bleeding red.

I thought so too. Maybe just a CGI mistake since they never addressed it?

Olivia Coleman stole the episode,  wish we had more of her. I'm said Telos is dead, I really liked him, he was a highlight of a disappointing series. 

So Gravick doesn't really give a shit about the Skrulls he just wants to be super powered.

• Like 6
(edited)

I'm glad that Varra/Priscilla wasn't taken out in her home.  G'iah was right about waiting for the executioners, though. So was this the Skrull operatives Gravik sent, because none of them shifted to Skrull when dispatched?

Speaking of Gravik, I feel he should have seen that mutiny would happen once he started killing his own people, especially G'iah and Pagon.  Those were his lieutenants and were very well liked among the Skrulls.  Didn't Beto see Gravik in his Super Skrull form before? I thought that it was nice to see that the other Shrull operatives become disillusioned with their General, but why would they attack him knowing that he is not the same as them?

I loves Emilia Clarke, I really do, but G'iah is not sympathetic nor do I root for her. She has that snotty young adult attitude down pat and I didn't like how she spoke to Priscilla, knowing that she needed her to properly send Taylos off this mortal coil. Is G'iah able to use any Super Skrull powers? I guess we will see once G'iah and Gravik face off in the finale. 

Sonya Falsworth is my favorite. I did catch that she described her "species" when she hemmed up the Skrull scientists.  If she is not human... I want more of her!

Did I call Fury not calling in the supes? Since he was directly responsible for the Skrulls getting radical, of course he has to fix it.

ETA: Less said about Raava/Rhodey... A beeeg hole for the scene in the hospital, but I will let it ride.

Edited by Stardancer Supreme
  • Like 4
(edited)
18 hours ago, Bill1978 said:

Is this the first time an MCU character has referred to The Blip as The Snap?

While I may be wrong, I always assumed The Snap referred to the moment when folks disappeared, whereas The Blip referred to the time they returned (and maybe the years in-between).   But, yeah, most folks would refer to the event as the Blip now, since it’s over.

Edited by jcin617
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

ETA: Less said about Raava/Rhodey... A beeeg hole for the scene in the hospital, but I will let it ride.

You mean Murder!Nick is already on CNN - so killing Rhodey would have been a freebie because Gravik needs Fury alive to retrieve The Harvest?

13 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

That said, it's kind of silly that he had like a separate compartment for every piece of the ensemble.

13 hours ago, Affogato said:

All in pristine dust-free condition too. Not a cobweb in sight.🤣

I thought he would pull out a coffin filled with guns and other machinery like in Terminator.

17 hours ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

The outing of Fury as the "murderer" immediately being televised (shouldn't the public at large have no clue who Fury and Hill are, or that Hill was murdered? After all, wasn't there a hearing where Rhodey disavowed the possibility that Fury and Hill were in Russia just recently?);

I guess after Fury's coming back from dead for the Sokovia rescue the ex S.H.I.E.L.D. duo became international stars. It certainly played in Spider-Man Far From Home that Happy and Peter Parker knew exactly who they were and that they had power even if S.H.I.E.L.D. was no longer around. And for a random pager to be collected right after the snap for Avengers Endgame suggest some organization knew where and what to look for.

6 hours ago, paigow said:

You mean Murder!Nick is already on CNN - so killing Rhodey would have been a freebie because Gravik needs Fury alive to retrieve The Harvest?

Actually, it was the "You have to kill me to prove I'm a Skrull." bit.  All Sonya had to do in the very next scene was wound the guy severe enough to make him turn. And that guy whose arm Fury broke was right there listening to all of this. Why not expose Skrhodey to that dude at least? 

• Like 2
(edited)
On 7/19/2023 at 8:10 AM, Brn2bwild said:

I'm wondering if the twist will be that Sonya isn't human or Skrull, but part of some other alien species.  During that one scene, she said "my species" rather than "humans."

She does seem nonchalant about the Skrull with their nearer to Captain America strength. I  wonder was it 1/4 or 3/4ths of Kree who can pass as human,  but then the females on the team in Captain Marvel  weren't treated differently except for Vers.

Edited by Raja
(edited)
42 minutes ago, Raja said:

She does seem nonchalant about the Skrull with their nearer to Captain America strength. I  wonder was it 1/4 or 3/4ths of Kree who can pass as human,  but then the females on the team in Captain Marvel  weren't treated differently except for Vers.

Kree would make sense. In that case Her brutality towards Skrull would also track.

Edited by Affogato
  • Like 1
4 hours ago, Raja said:

I guess after Fury's coming back from dead for the Sokovia rescue the ex S.H.I.E.L.D. duo became international stars. It certainly played in Spider-Man Far From Home that Happy and Peter Parker knew exactly who they were and that they had power even if S.H.I.E.L.D. was no longer around. And for a random pager to be collected right after the snap for Avengers Endgame suggest some organization knew where and what to look for.

Happy and Peter have every reason to know Fury (and by extension, potentially Hill) as the head of Stark Enterprises security and an Avenger, respectively. They are one degree of separation from Fury thanks to their respective relationships with Tony Stark. 

I tend to doubt that the general public would know who Fury was and certainly against the backdrop of a major terrorist attack in Russia, it seems like the shooting of one American would not have gotten such prominence that the news report gave it. But YMMV.

• Useful 1
2 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

I tend to doubt that the general public would know who Fury was and certainly against the backdrop of a major terrorist attack in Russia, it seems like the shooting of one American would not have gotten such prominence that the news report gave it. But YMMV.

The screen shot of the news blurb did identify Fury as the ex head of S.H.I.E.L.D.  while the Skrull have at least one of theirs in as a broadcaster to account for the news I am still sticking with that helicarrier coming back from the scrapheap in the Age of Ultron full of refugees with stories to be told as being when the "dead' Fury came to public notice.

17 hours ago, Mr. R0b0t said:

Not every death of a female character is a fridging folks.

No, but this show seems geared to isolating Fury by killing most of the people close to him and getting him back into his working outfit.  Talos is a lot like a fridging, too.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Stardancer Supreme said:

Actually, it was the "You have to kill me to prove I'm a Skrull." bit.  All Sonya had to do in the very next scene was wound the guy severe enough to make him turn. And that guy whose arm Fury broke was right there listening to all of this. Why not expose Skrhodey to that dude at least? 

I kind of just assumed that at least Rhody's right-hand man was also a Skrull but, I know it's bmnever been stated or proven.

28 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I kind of just assumed that at least Rhody's right-hand man was also a Skrull but, I know it's bmnever been stated or proven.

After Gravik's guard force showed themselves I was assuming Rhodey's entire guard detachment were Skrull 

7 hours ago, Raja said:

After Gravik's guard force showed themselves I was assuming Rhodey's entire guard detachment were Skrull 

One million Skrulls on Earth... the only ones NOT working for Gravik are dead...

Damn, Talos really is done for.  RIP, good sir.  Ben Mendelsohn will be missed in the MCU.  I hope we at least get an eventual reaction from Carol if/when she ever finds out about all of this.

So, we finally get Gravik's main motivation and it is to acquire all of The Avengers powers so that he can use it in his nifty superpower machine.  And it just so happens that Nick has all of their blood because of course he does.  And now Gravik is making him give it or he'll have Skrull Rhodey convince the President to bomb their compound, make it look like the Russians were in league with the Skrulls, and kick off World War 3.  Glad to see that in typical bad guy fashion, Gravik is full of shit and really doesn't give a damn about his people, since he is willing to sacrifice them so he can gets some shiny new powers to use.

Not sure whose talent is being squandered the most: Emilia Clarke being stuck playing this bratty, unlikable teen in an adult's body or Kingsley Ben-Adir getting all of his charisma drained by this dud of a villain.

On the flip side, Olivia Colman continues to be a treasure and makes Sonya someone who better stick around long term.  I don't care how or if she ends up being someone else: they better at least give me this!

Nick Fury dawning on his own version of a superhero suit was fun at least.

Can't believe we only have one episode left.  It still feels like we barely got started.

• Like 3
(edited)

The storyline does not make sense and i just can't. 

First, Fury tells Sonya that in the battle for Earth (which means the final battle with Thanos), every Avenger, even Carol Danvers spilled blood and that is where Gravik and the other Skrulls went in for the Harvest.  So, you are telling me that Fury was unsnapped and had time to gather a team of Skrulls to go to the battle and pick up whatever DNA they can find of the Avengers.  I call BULLSHIT. No way would Fury have time to do that.  No way. 1. He would be confused as to what happened. 2. He wouldn't have time to get a team together to get to the battle and gather the DNA while it's still "fresh".  3. Fury isn't stupid enough to do that knowing that it can be used as leverage in the future by an enemy.

Which begs the question, so when did Gravik turn on Fury and set up new Skrullos? During the snap? (i refuse to call it a blip).  If Endgame's big battle took place in 2023 and Secret Invasion takes place in 2025, in 2 freaking years, Gravik turned on Fury, built new Skrullos and the lab, stole some DNA of Groot and 2 others, and placed a bunch of Skrulls in the place of key persons. 

Sure Jan. Sure.

Almost forgot - regardless of the crappy storyline, chef's kiss to Olivia Coleman. That woman can turn shitty plots, writing and crappy lines into poetry.  *mouah!*

Edited by greekmom
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

Almost forgot - regardless of the crappy storyline, chef's kiss to Olivia Coleman. 

Are we due for some scenes with Julia Louis-Dreyfus' Valentina and Olivia Colman's Sonya?

• Like 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, greekmom said:

First, Fury tells Sonya that in the battle for Earth (which means the final battle with Thanos), every Avenger, even Carol Danvers spilled blood and that is where Gravik and the other Skrulls went in for the Harvest.  So, you are telling me that Fury was unsnapped and had time to gather a team of Skrulls to go to the battle and pick up whatever DNA they can find of the Avengers.  I call BULLSHIT. No way would Fury have time to do that.  No way. 1. He would be confused as to what happened. 2. He wouldn't have time to get a team together to get to the battle and gather the DNA while it's still "fresh".  3. Fury isn't stupid enough to do that knowing that it can be used as leverage in the future by an enemy.

Which begs the question, so when did Gravik turn on Fury and set up new Skrullos? During the snap? (i refuse to call it a blip).  If Endgame's big battle took place in 2023 and Secret Invasion takes place in 2025, in 2 freaking years, Gravik turned on Fury, built new Skrullos and the lab, stole some DNA of Groot and 2 others, and placed a bunch of Skrulls in the place of key persons. 

Sure Jan. Sure.

Almost forgot - regardless of the crappy storyline, chef's kiss to Olivia Coleman. That woman can turn shitty plots, writing and crappy lines into poetry.  *mouah!*

It would have been Coulson's job, once upon a time?

It may be Avengers operating procedure to clean up any blood spills so that they can't be used against them. It just happens that Fury's group of Skrulls comprised the remaining cleanup crew and ended up in possession in the absence of Stark. 

Alternatively Talos realized it was a dangerous resource and therefore the skrulls cleaned up, he may or may not have agreed with Fury's saving it.

I'm not sure it would take that long to set up in New Skrullos. It was already a  facility with security perimeters and so on.

Edited by Affogato
1 hour ago, Affogato said:

It would have been Coulson's job, once upon a time?

It may be Avengers operating procedure to clean up any blood spills so that they can't be used against them.

Probably. But Fury did say he was directly responsible. That means that Fury gave the go ahead IMHO. 

It maybe Avengers operating procedure to clean up blood but the battle was outside. If blood was spilled on clothing of enemies or items of the enemies, it would have been gone with the snap from Tony Stark. If it was spilled on the ground, rocks, whatever - it would have been spoiled due to where it was spilled.  The cleanup crew would have just been pouring liquid solvent or burned the items. IMHO it would be impossible to pull viable DNA to keep.

Honestly I don't buy it.

18 minutes ago, greekmom said:

Probably. But Fury did say he was directly responsible. That means that Fury gave the go ahead IMHO. 

It maybe Avengers operating procedure to clean up blood but the battle was outside. If blood was spilled on clothing of enemies or items of the enemies, it would have been gone with the snap from Tony Stark. If it was spilled on the ground, rocks, whatever - it would have been spoiled due to where it was spilled.  The cleanup crew would have just been pouring liquid solvent or burned the items. IMHO it would be impossible to pull viable DNA to keep.

Honestly I don't buy it.

I don't buy it, either. In general this seems like a dumb setup. Do we know why Fury was a shell of his former self?  do we know what part of this character makes him move into action when his associates are killed and his world threatened? If this show is meant to show another side of Fury, what have we seen except the side that has facial hair?

I don't see how they would have found enough of everyone's blood, either, which is a good point, and yes, cleanup would have been fire and acetone. 

I don't buy that that ounce and a half of clear liquid would be viable after being stored in the gravestone for years. It isn't that cold in Finland. I'd also think tony and Shield and probably Bruce would have drawn blood and done full body scans and mapped chromosomes, and if the skrulls are all over the place they probably have access to that material.

This is not whipping up my interest in the movie, frankly.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Kingsley Ben-Adir getting all of his charisma drained by this dud of a villain.

Gravik cannot be a charming villain... MCU only has room for one... Could not afford to pay Hiddleston twice...

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

The whole "Kill Fury" plot seems wrong.
Skrodey orders Mrs. Fury to kill Fury, and implies it's his orders (not Gravik's). Then Gravik gets angry that Mrs. Fury failed in the task that he didn't set...
Yet he needs Fury alive to get The Harvest, yet sends a squad to kill Mrs. Fury for failing to kill Fury, who he doesn't want dead....

• Like 2
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Captain Stable said:

The whole "Kill Fury" plot seems wrong.
Skrodey orders Mrs. Fury to kill Fury, and implies it's his orders (not Gravik's). Then Gravik gets angry that Mrs. Fury failed in the task that he didn't set...
Yet he needs Fury alive to get The Harvest, yet sends a squad to kill Mrs. Fury for failing to kill Fury, who he doesn't want dead....

There is some confusion about who is in charge of the Skrulls and I think they are trying to hint that one or the other is the empress--Rhodey, Varra, or possibly Olivia Coleman. Everyone is mad at Varra because she didn't follow orders. If Rhodey and Gravik aren't one or the other the Empress, they may be the head of rival factions. the Skrulls, divided.

(edited)

I was all ready to complain that they messed up continuity of Fury's Gravestone!
When it was originally shown (Winter Soldier, I think), it has a passage from Ezekiel 25:17 - "The path of the righteous man...", while this one didn't, but they spun it around before I had chance to engage caps lock by saying there are numerous gravestone's all over the world.

For those who failed to notice, Ezekiel 25:17 doesn't exist in the bible, and was the famous quote Samuel L said in Pulp Fiction :) (See also Mace Windu's Lightsaber having an engraving saying "Bad ****" on it, and Avengers: Infinity War when Nick Fury dissolves saying "Mother....")

Edited by Captain Stable
  • Like 1

I really hope this is setting up for a kick ass finale since so far this show hasn't done a great job at grabbing my attention. As for the harvest, it would be funny if Fury gave Gravik someone's power that he knows would destroy him. Like how his body couldn't handle becoming a super soldier or how Wanda or Captain Marvel's powers break his brain.

On 7/19/2023 at 3:26 PM, Chicago Redshirt said:

Priscilla staying in the country manor because it offered security but a Skrull commando squad being able to invade not-so-secretly with no alarms, no inherent defenses, etc.; 

That was really dumb. She just talked about how secure the house was and then right after that people are shooting through windows and breaking in. The only security was a backpack full of guns. Fury's car in Winter Soldier had more security features.

Also speaking of guns, why do the Skrulls rely on crappy human guns. Shouldn't they have something better?

On 7/20/2023 at 9:58 AM, Stardancer Supreme said:

What is weird is that that guy is still around. You would think that for someone involved in security for whoever Rhodey is and possibly the president, having an arm in a sling would be a problem.

• Like 3
On 7/21/2023 at 9:09 AM, greekmom said:

Sure Jan. Sure.

Why is it BS that at some point after the final battle in Endgame Fury could have thought "time to harvest some Avenger blood in case we need it for some backup plans, such as cloning them or duplicating their powers?"  It doesn't have to be within hours of that battle happening. Hell, it doesn't even have to be within days, or weeks. 

We are dealing in a universe where science is more advanced than our own. So there is not necessarily the need for DNA to be "fresh."

Fury kept the Harvest a secret from everyone except his handpicked team of Skrulls, it seemed. So the chances of any enemy using it seems slim...unless one of his team of Skrulls turns on him, which he didn't expect but probably he should have cursed that sudden but inevitable betrayal. 

Gravik's turning on Fury and the establishment of New Skrullos don't need to have been connected. New Skrullos could have existed in some form since the area was inhospitable to humans. 

And again, two years seems like plenty of time to infiltrate world governments and develop scientific advancements in a world of super-science. But some of the DNA they would have had access to well before the battle in Endgame. Extremis was around as of Iron Man III and Cull Obsidian was around as of Infinity War, as was Groot. So those samples could have been had in 2018. 

I could see Gravik being a believer in Fury but then seething that Fury did fuck-all to find the Skrulls a new planet to settle while being too scared of Fury to move against him. But what doesn't make sense to me is that when there are approximately 500,000 Skrulls on Earth after the Snap and when half the universe has been snapped away, why those Skrulls didn't think to themselves: Hey now is as good a time as any to find a planet for us and resettle, or to take over Earth or some other planet?

I really think a series covering life in the post-Snap, pre-Endgame time frame would be fascinating if done right.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
49 minutes ago, Chicago Redshirt said:

Why is it BS that at some point after the final battle in Endgame Fury could have thought "time to harvest some Avenger blood in case we need it for some backup plans, such as cloning them or duplicating their powers?"  It doesn't have to be within hours of that battle happening. Hell, it doesn't even have to be within days, or weeks. 

We are dealing in a universe where science is more advanced than our own. So there is not necessarily the need for DNA to be "fresh."

Fury kept the Harvest a secret from everyone except his handpicked team of Skrulls, it seemed. So the chances of any enemy using it seems slim...unless one of his team of Skrulls turns on him, which he didn't expect but probably he should have cursed that sudden but inevitable betrayal. 

Gravik's turning on Fury and the establishment of New Skrullos don't need to have been connected. New Skrullos could have existed in some form since the area was inhospitable to humans. 

And again, two years seems like plenty of time to infiltrate world governments and develop scientific advancements in a world of super-science. But some of the DNA they would have had access to well before the battle in Endgame. Extremis was around as of Iron Man III and Cull Obsidian was around as of Infinity War, as was Groot. So those samples could have been had in 2018. 

I could see Gravik being a believer in Fury but then seething that Fury did fuck-all to find the Skrulls a new planet to settle while being too scared of Fury to move against him. But what doesn't make sense to me is that when there are approximately 500,000 Skrulls on Earth after the Snap and when half the universe has been snapped away, why those Skrulls didn't think to themselves: Hey now is as good a time as any to find a planet for us and resettle, or to take over Earth or some other planet?

I really think a series covering life in the post-Snap, pre-Endgame time frame would be fascinating if done right.

Spoiler

I have a suspicion that Daredevil will take place in that period. No spoiler information, just my theory.

I don't think they really established why Fury didn't take up his cause again and why he didn't repair the relationship with his wife. We haven't been given enough motivation, either for his crash or his current recovery. I agree, the skrulls must be universally hated and reviled and feared, which may be why they don't want to go to some other planet where everyone will know who they are? Or, perhaps they simply felt the Kree would come for them.

How much were people bleeding? And it would dry, get rained on and sink into the dirt and some of them, like Carol Danvers, would probably take their clothes into the coldness of space. Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic, but there are limits. I remember as a youngling encountering a comic where superboy paints the clouds as a rainbow. Comics don't make sense, I get it. But do we need to defend it?

• Like 1