Type keyword(s) to search

The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story (Lifetime)

Not really encouraged by the news that it will be "inspired by" the Dustin Diamond tell-all. I doubt these kids were all super clean-cut but I think there was some embellishing for shock value and Dustin trying to make himself look good/the victim in everything.

• Love 7

I expected them to try a little harder to find similar looking actors (I don't know why... relentless optimism?). I think Baby Mario Lopez and Baby Elizabeth Berkeley are probably the worst matches but they're all pretty bad.

I know logically he wouldn't be at that photo-shoot, but we GOTTA see what Faux-Mr. Belding looks like!

By the way, there's ALREADY a pants load of What The Fuck surrounding Unauthorized use of Saved By The Bell.  There's the Musical.

National Lampoon's Bayside! The Musical - http://baysidethemusical.com/

Apparently in the past the guy who played Mr. Belding has been there (playing his OWN role), and starting Aug 27th Dustin Diamond (who we know will do anything for money) will be there playing "Dustin Diamond" (I'm guessing they shoehorn his adult-self into the play as a narrator or something).

Edited by Kromm

During an interview with Mark-Paul Gosselaar promoting his current show (Franklin & Bash), he was asked about the Unauthorized SBTB movie and his TV co-star Breckin Meyer went off about Dustin Diamond. MPG says he remembers the years at Bayside a lot differently than Dustin. For his part, Dustin is now trying to distance himself from the tell-all book that was a big source of the upcoming movie's material (and also admits to faking his sex tape).

Edited by Dejana
I really, really want to see an Unauthorized Beverly Hills 90210 story now.

I was thinking that Glee needs to hurry up and go off air so that we can get an Unauthorized Glee story ten years from now. 

Really short trailer:

[snip]

Oh my word, what is that basic ass freeze frame? 

• Love 1
It's breaking the fourth wall, like Zach did on the show.

I know, I’m saying that the way they did the freeze frame itself was basic. IIRC, they did the same thing on the actual show, i.e. no post-production special effects manipulation, just people freezing in place. But it somehow comes off SO much worse here, maybe because my eyes are immediately drawn to that piece of paper continuing to flap around crazily.

I see this promo all the time- it looks cheese-tastically bad.  I was a little too old for Saved By the Bell, but I watched it anyway and watched the college years when it was on prime time.  That actor in this unauthorized movie doesn't even have a 10th of the charimsa MPG had/has.  Same with the actor portraying Slater.  I will probably watch this, but grimace through the whole thing. 

• Love 2

I was thinking that Glee needs to hurry up and go off air so that we can get an Unauthorized Glee story ten years from now.

It would never be as glorious as I would want it to be. They would have to take it seriously for that. Also, with Cory Monteith's issues and passing it would just be too sad. I don't want to let Lifetime run with that. They couldn't even do Flowers in the Attic properly.

• Love 1

I see this promo all the time- it looks cheese-tastically bad.  I was a little too old for Saved By the Bell, but I watched it anyway and watched the college years when it was on prime time.  That actor in this unauthorized movie doesn't even have a 10th of the charimsa MPG had/has.  Same with the actor portraying Slater.  I will probably watch this, but grimace through the whole thing. 

Ditto!  MPG was one of my first crushes.  The guy they picked is awful.  Not cute and he looks really young.  Not crush worthy at all.

They just did a bad job casting wise all around.

• Love 5

Ditto!  MPG was one of my first crushes.  The guy they picked is awful.  Not cute and he looks really young.  Not crush worthy at all.

They just did a bad job casting wise all around.

He looks like MPG from the Miss Bliss episodes and early Bayside episodes.  I have no clue how they're going to pass off that guy for the buff, hunky MPG of the later seasons. 

The guy playing Dustin Diamond is a version of him that never existed.  This guy is like a normal mid-teen, whereas Diamond went from cute little runt to big and goofy overnight.

Edited by Starscream
  • Love 1

I don't want to let Lifetime run with that. They couldn't even do Flowers in the Attic properly.

Did you really think they (Lifetime) could do Flowers properly? Not being snarky here. Seriously, they should have tried to have HBO or some other premium or cable channel try to do it.  I'm still traumatized about their reimagination of Lizzie Borden.

My people. I'm with you in that this movie looks

TERRIBLE and with Dustin Diamond as an executive producer, who even know what garbage will be spewed. But I'm still watching it. The only thing giving me hope are the little sprinkles of the Mark-Paul/Lark dating situation. In the first promo picture, the actress playing Lark had her arms around the one playing Mark-Paul. Then in the first promo, "Elizabeth" mentions "Lark"'s crush on "Mark-Paul" and in this most recent one, they're holding hands. The fact that Zack and Lisa dated for one episode and they were never mentioned again while Mark-Paul and Lark were simultaneously in a "long term" relationship has annoyed me for decades. I'll take resolution anyway I can find it.

National Lampoon's Bayside! The Musical - http://baysidethemusical.com/

Saw it in NYC. It's so bad it's good! 

This looks like a big piece of garbage and I'm SO EXCITED!

"...I'm so excited! I'm so... SCARED!!!"  (someone had to! ;) )

God this movie looks like such a train wreck.  But who am I kidding... I'll probably still watch it.  And I'm a fan of the original cast members (well...some of them. Dustin Diamond, notsomuch). I enjoy seeing Tiffany Thiessen on "White Collar", and have been an MPG fan for a long time. I remember seeing him in NYPD Blue in one of his first real "Adult roles" after SBTB: TCY.  And I was pleasantly surprised by how good he was. And how hot he was...! 

Edited by loriro
  • Love 3

My people. I'm with you in that this movie looks

TERRIBLE and with Dustin Diamond as an executive producer, who even know what garbage will be spewed. But I'm still watching it. The only thing giving me hope are the little sprinkles of the Mark-Paul/Lark dating situation. In the first promo picture, the actress playing Lark had her arms around the one playing Mark-Paul. Then in the first promo, "Elizabeth" mentions "Lark"'s crush on "Mark-Paul" and in this most recent one, they're holding hands. The fact that Zack and Lisa dated for one episode and they were never mentioned again while Mark-Paul and Lark were simultaneously in a "long term" relationship has annoyed me for decades. I'll take resolution anyway I can find it.

YES.  I want to know what went on with Lark and MPG.  I've always been curious about those two.  I think they make a really cute couple.  I might have to watch just for that.

My Saved By the Bell confession: I started watching the show because first season had Hayley Mills as their teacher, Miss Bliss. I loved the show Nanny & the Professor as a child and as a result watched pretty much anything with Hayley Mills in it.

Edited by Milaxx
  • Love 2