Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Neeners said:

Eliabeth's hair looks like *poop emoji*

Hah! I was just thinking it was the best I'd seen her looking at an awards show! Although that was in reference to her dress.

Edited by ABay
  • Love 1

I'm loving the HFPA coverage instead of the E!Red Carpet shit show (bye, Giuliana). The hosts are much better, and they're having more interesting discussions with the attendees - more genuine. It helps that Yvette Nicole Brown and Missi Pyle know some of their interviewees personally, and are able to have authentic interaction with them. 

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, Chas411 said:

Bradley Cooper looks like hes channeling Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins with that suit. 

Good God, that suit is blindingly white.  I'd be afraid of spilling something on it.

Not loving Halle's look, but she herself is timeless.  Go Halle!

Anne Hathaway looks good from the neck up.  Not trying to sound cruel, but that leopard print ain't it.

2 minutes ago, Sugar said:

I'm loving the HFPA coverage instead of the E!Red Carpet shit show (bye, Giuliana). The hosts are much better, and they're having more interesting discussions with the attendees - more genuine. It helps that Yvette Nicole Brown and Missi Pyle know some of their interviewees personally, and are able to have authentic interaction with them. 

I totally agree.

I couldn't see what was on Julia's lower half, but I am impressed that she is still recognizable.  You can tell she is Julia Roberts -- but an older version -- because she hasn't yet succumbed to massive plastic surgery.  She has got some age on her face.

• Love 6
20 minutes ago, Sugar said:

The fashion this year is so bad. Either completely boring, or just weird for the sake of weird. I remember watching these shows when I was younger and coveting all the gorgeous dresses, but this year there isn't a single one where I'm like "ooooh, I'd love to wear that".

That being said, I appreciate that Janelle Monae has a distinct aesthetic, and she sticks to it. Not always my cuppa tea, but I respect it all the same.

I’m loving what Halle Berry and Nicole Kidman are wearing.

Hated the loser half of Julia Roberts dress but I think she looks great otherwise and part of that is because she doesn’t look botoxed to death.

Edited by Chas411
  • Love 2

They have a clip up on people.com and I can barely hear it. I can tell that Chrissy is NOT a fan of Alison, just on by the way she briefly talks about her.

Should we call this Bitchgate?

56 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I like Penelope Cruz's dress except for the tie part around the neck.

Catching up after Bear's loss (sad face).  It looked like she had a velvet backpack on.  Love Penelope Cruz, though.

I liked Gaga's dress, but not the blue hair.  But, that's Gaga. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, mojoween said:

I’ve never seen Grey’s or Killing Eve but maybe I should?  Because Sandra Oh is super awesome right now.

I'd skip Grey's and go with Killing Eve.  

Oh, also check out Sideways.  The movie was meh, but she was good.  And it's about wine... 

Edited by ebk57
  • Love 3
31 minutes ago, Amethyst said:

Allison Brie played Annie in Community, and now plays the lead in GLOW, a show about women professional wrestlers on Netflix.  Damn, even People Magazine is reporting that mic gaffe by Chrissie.  

Spotted Constance Wu's dress, not impressive.  Another dishwater colored dress and the top looks like a nude leotard you'd find at a department store.

Is Timothy Chalamet wearing a glittery harness?

How does Chrissie know Allison?  

Allison was also great in Mad Men.

• Love 1