Type keyword(s) to search

The Annual Golden Globes - General Discussion

• Start Topic

Just now, wings707 said:

She has never appealed to me. 

She was gorgeous when she first came to Hollywood. I believe she would look better if she went back to being a redhead, it won't fix everything but it would be better than this.

• Love 6

I never liked Sarah in anything she did before OJ but I loved her as Marcia Clark so much that I completely turned around on her.  Anyone who has such smoking hot chemistry with Sterling K. Brown can't be all bad.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, DHDancer said:

Why am I watching this?  I don't know most of these shows or these people!  And worse, not feeling it's any big loss.  Just enjoying the clothes.

LOL. Yeah, I don't know a lot of them, either.  Like you, I will watch for the pretty -- maybe the goofy speech, and the occasional win by someone I know.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Misslindsey said:

I thought the cast did great in The People vs OJ Simpson, but was underwhelmed by it overall. It just did not live up to the hype for me. I will be at my table for one.

It started strong but I felt the latter episodes were just okay and I was very disappointed in the final episode. 

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, Mumbles said:

Reese has gotten to be a lot less prissy and uptight as she has gotten older. Or at least, comes off as more laid back.

I think her pulling the "don't you know who I am!?!" card during her DUI arrest and the snark that came out of it knocked some sense back into her.  I didn't mind her before, but liked her more after she quickly owned up for being a dumb move. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, galaxygirl76 said:

She was gorgeous when she first came to Hollywood. I believe she would look better if she went back to being a redhead, it won't fix everything but it would be better than this.

I don't like her butterscotch blonde color either.  

Just now, Thumper said:

LOL. Yeah, I don't know a lot of them, either.  Like you, I will watch for the pretty -- maybe the goofy speech, and the occasional win by someone I know.

I watch because I know there is an open bar and people tend to get progressively more drunk the later it gets. It's not the Oscars but it'll will do.

• Love 3

Hmm... Hugh Laurie?  I mean, he was good in The Night Manager, but Sterling K. Brown was memorizing in People vs. OJ.

Still need to catch The Crown, which sounds interesting and the idea of John Lithgow as Winston Churchill sounds strangely brilliant.

• Love 6

I watch because I know there is an open bar and people tend to get progressively more drunk the later it gets. It's not the Oscars but it'll will do.

That's how I feel when I watch the Grammys! Here I only know some of the TV shows and I don't watch many movies. 

Does the Globes have an In Memoriam segment? I know there's one awards show that does not. 

I guess John Travolta was still in the bathroom when his name was presented as a nominee for The People.......

• Love 2

I'm only watching to see if Game of Thrones wins (it won't, I'm sure), so yeah, I agree with the comments that this awards show isn't very entertaining and I don't know anything about 75% of the nominees so far. 

The winners seem to be all over the place. Some expected and some out of left field. Billy Bob Thorton? Hugh Laurie? *shrug*

• Love 1
Just now, Mountainair said:

That's how I feel when I watch the Grammys! Here I only know some of the TV shows and I don't watch many movies. 

I only watch the Grammy's to see if there's someone I should be listening to! This show may tell me shows I should be watching (so far, not so much, but we'll see.)

• Love 3

Oh give me a break.  Sofia Vergara was on tv years ago in an amusing but short-lived show "Knights of Prosperity." Her English was inflicted with an accent, but not as heavily as it is now. What an act. She said "anal" on purpose. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I wanted Lin Manuel Miranda to win for Moana. This does not bode well for an EGOT for him come Oscar time.

He will need the Disney machine and "Hey! I DID write Hamilton" to win at this point. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I wanted Lin Manuel Miranda to win for Moana. This does not bode well for an EGOT for him come Oscar time.

The Oscars are fond of Disney songs so I wouldn't rule it out yet. IIRC Let it go didn't win at the GG's either :)

• Love 4

The Oscars are fond of Disney songs so I wouldn't rule it out yet. IIRC Let it go didn't win at the GG's either :)

I love your positivity! I will still have hope, because of my Lin love. 

John Legend can you just sing "Nutmeg" for me? Please? 

• Love 2