Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E03: A Star Is Re-Born

• Start Topic

Drew receives an invitation to perform with friend and R&B artist Candiace Dillard-Bassett, sparking hopes of relaunching her stalled music career; Kandi reveals that Momma Joyce's harsh comments at BravoCon have upset Todd and their kids.

Airdate: 05.21.2023

• Like 2
(edited)

Just started watching this episode and I’m in pain and half asleep. However, this talk of what happened at Bravocon - seriously. If you can’t stand by yourself as a show without outside fan references- I just can’t.

When you’re making things that happened at Bravocon a story line, you’re just circling the drain.

Edited by Stats Queen
  • Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wow, Marlo.  Drew didn’t shoot your nephew.  I’m a little confused by that outburst.  I did enjoy Marlo saying Kandi would forgive her faster if she was a chicken wing, though.  Candiace sounded good.

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Like 10

Not sure why Marlo went so wackadoo at Drew there at the end.  What's really surprising to me is her going for Kandi.  Sheree too.  I guess they think she's nicked and about to bleed out so they're going in now??Why?

Marlo is doing so well with the nephews, she could actually get us to like her but when she goes in on Kandi over some crap from what? 2 years ago?  Not so much.

And Sheree??  She's just doing what she always does.  Looking for a come-up.  It's a shame.  Sheree could have done something really impactful had she just been honest about her life.  Instead, she just goes for the low hanging fruit.  And she hasn't been all THAT successful at it, has she?

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
9 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

And Sheree??  She's just doing what she always does.  Looking for a come-up.  It's a shame.  Sheree could have done something really impactful had she just been honest about her life.

I so agree, she has could have positively impacted so many young women. She continues to disappoint, as she is unwilling to learn and grow from her life experiences but keeps repeating the same patterns again and again. What a waste of a platform

• Like 6
  • Love 2
33 minutes ago, goofygirl said:

Not sure why Marlo went so wackadoo at Drew there at the end.  What's really surprising to me is her going for Kandi.  Sheree too.  I guess they think she's nicked and about to bleed out so they're going in now??Why?

I thought they tried this last season as well with some lame grievances about Kandi. Are they trying again this season too? I cannot remember if it is Marlo or Sheree who keeps implying that Kandi slept around or is some kind of skank. Kandi is open about her sex life, but that does not mean she is out whoring it up, and really as long as everyone is a consenting adult who really cares?

Drew was just trying to give her side about the situation, but I wonder if Marlo was just mad she did not go all in on the shooting at Blaze to Kandi. I admit to forgetting about it. I really hope that Marlo and Sheree do not make Kandi not talking about the shooting a storyline. 

I just can't with Courtney. 

Maybe I am the only one that thinks BravoCon looks like a hellscape. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
6 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Maybe I am the only one that thinks BravoCon looks like a hellscape. 

Sometimes I think it would be a blast but I have to remind myself that the close up and personal stuff comes with a big price, the crowds, the multiple events would mean you can't see or do everything, the crowds, etc.. makes my head spin and I realize I can watch the highlights at a later date on Bravo.

Marlo and the boys were in the car to pick up something at the mall, what were those two spots on Marlo's face and why wouldn't any tell her to take care of it?

Drew goes on stage with Candiace to sing for 43.6 seconds? 

The crowd at City Winery changed with each scene filmed, the long shot of the stage the place is packed, Drew goes out to the table and there are much fewer people in the place.

Marlo trying to be mad at Drew about bringing up a shooting at Blaze, it does not make sense.

Please do not tell me that we are expected to think that 50+ year old Sheree is being told she might be pregnant as in her OBGYN is doing a sonogram on her, that is a very tired trope. 

All of the women are annoying me this season. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Kandi needs to be demoted. According to her facial expressions, she is done (but still wants the check). No one wants to hear any more about Mama Joyce and Todd. All of the other housewives are extra, while Kandi just rolls her eyes.

The producers are nudging Marlo to go after Kandi, much like they did with Phaedra. We all know how that turned out. 

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

Ok music video editing!!! I mean. REALLY?!?!! It's too much absurdity!!! 🤣 Speaking of editing, how SHADY were they comparing Drew's sing time to Sanya's race time?!! 🤣🤣 I just checked the number of Drew's song's streams & it's almost double. Can't say I contributed. The song doesn't interest me. Didn't they kinda promote it on the reunion? She's wearing the same dress in the song cover. Don't know why Ralph's in the pic though.

• Like 4
(edited)

1st that Kandi KFC commercial, now that Sheree commercial. Kandi's was definitely better. I can definitely see why it's probably only aired on Bravo with all those RHOA references. Is that Ace's only acting gig? 🤔 Sheree is no actress. So stiff! & The way she talks barely works on the show. I couldn't tell what they were selling! All that to promote a movie they have nothing to do with?!! Just. Bizarre. Total waste!

Edited by Lindz
  • Like 4
  • Fire 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Why is Mama Joyce still being filmed she’s such a stupid bitch. People need to stop disrespecting Todd’s career before Kandi. What is Mana Joyce’s career other than being a leech to Kandi. Why doesn’t Kandi tell her mom to shut the fuck up already.

Sheree shut the fuck up about Martell. He’s a fucking loser and so are you. Are we supposed to think she’s prego next episode. Lmao yea right.

Candiace and Drew singing? I rather puncture my eardrums lol. I was kind of not minding Candiace for a bit but first Leah now Drew? No thank you.

Courtney sucks. Of course she’s loser Ralph’s cousin.

That live performance was so lame.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 4
  • Applause 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

I thought Candiace and Drew looked and sounded silly. I wish they would quit trying to make singers out of the housewives. 
Courtney is a flop, they should edit out any remaining scenes she filmed. 
Marlo wants to force Kandi to talk about the shooting at Blaze causing bad press for their restaurants. Kandis not talking so Marlo went off on Drew for calling it an incident and not a shooting. 

• Like 9
  • Applause 2
34 minutes ago, Chatty Cake said:

Marlo wants to force Kandi to talk about the shooting at Blaze causing bad press for their restaurants. Kandis not talking so Marlo went off on Drew for calling it an incident and not a shooting. 

Marlo is upset with Kandi because Kandi has enough pull with Bravo that if she does not want to talk about something chances are she won't have to. Marlo is upset because she lost a nephew(?) also former employee at OLG to gun violence and Kandi just had the shooting at Blaze and Marlo remembers Kandi's lukewarm response to the text Marlo sent her about it.  Here is the thing, Marlo's relative was shot and that is a horrible thing but it did not happen on her property, she probably did not know the guy so she acknowledged it but not in a truly heartfelt way, that pissed Marlo off so she will try to bring Kandi down, good luck with that Marlo, it ain't gonna work, she tried to maneuver Nene like that and it backfired. 

Drew spends 43 seconds on stage and tells Ralph that now she knows she can do it and start her music career again. Really? She sang maybe 5 words in 43 seconds. I guess I can now run the NYC Marathon because I ran 20 feet to catch the ice cream truck.

I think Candiace is adorable, sorry it is an unpopular opinion, I just hope she does not get giant boobs and a giant butt from a doctor, she has a cute little figure which will age better than all the surgically enhanced people.  I figured I'd see Chris somewhere in the crowd and there he was never one to miss the opportunity to be on camera.  I have the song Drive Back stuck in my head now.

• Like 11
1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think Candiace is adorable, sorry it is an unpopular opinion, I just hope she does not get giant boobs and a giant butt from a doctor, she has a cute little figure which will age better than all the surgically enhanced people.  I figured I'd see Chris somewhere in the crowd and there he was never one to miss the opportunity to be on camera.  I have the song Drive Back stuck in my head now.

While Candiaces singing doesn’t appeal to me, I agree that she is a good looking girl. I think she should stop emulating Beyoncé and just be Candiace.  Yes, as you said, hopefully she doesn’t go implant and ass crazy. Her figure is great as is.

What happened to Drop it with Drew? She hasn’t mentioned it at all this season.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
7 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What ever happened to Marlo's house she was building?

Andy asked her that on WWHL and she said it didn't work out. That's all he could get out of her. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 1

When Marlo was going on about how triggering the shooting was for her and Kandi didn't even care, I flashed back to an early season when Kandi's boyfriend (?) was shot and killed. I don't know, Marlo, maybe in addition to being bad for business it brings up a lot of heartache for Kandi, too? 

I wonder if Drew was supposed to push harder at Kandi, enabling Marlo to go into her "MY NEPHEW WAS SHOT!" performance at the table with all the girls present, the conversation went in another direction, she was robbed of her scene stealing breakdown, and therefore needed to cram it in with only Drew. And Drew didn't catch (or didn't want to catch) the hint and make a big moment of it, leaving Marlo sitting there repeating her line over and over in hopes Drew would go all in on comforting her.

• Like 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Chatty Cake said:

What happened to Drop it with Drew? She hasn’t mentioned it at all this season.

1 hour ago, Baltimore Betty said:

What ever happened to Marlo's house she was building?

What happened to this show?

45 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think she meant to say "I didn't pay the guy so it didn't happen."

Ah yes, the Sheree method

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

Marlo and Sheree need to go for sure.  I'm sick of them going after Kandi out of envy.  This show is supposed to be about a believable friendship circle and/or sisterhood.  Marlo and Sheree really don't like Kandi or Kenya.  They also feel they need to "make Kandi work".  How about just living their AUTHENTIC lives?  The Martell relationship has stunt written all over it.  If they truly think Kandi is boring or isn't giving a lot, why not use this opportunity to surpass Kandi on the show and become the stars?  The truth is that they can't.  Kandi is the top dog and they do not have dynamic enough lives or personalities to outshine her.  

This season is much better than the last two but the drama/shade/reading is supposed to be the icing on the cake, not the whole cake.  I'm sick of some of these women ready to have a problem and get a dig in as soon as possible.  It doesn't reflect how a true friend group acts and it's getting old.  For instance, on Beverly Hills, none of the women would be as insensitive when it comes to Kandi's relative (who she helped raise) getting shot. They would rally around her like they did after Dorit got robbed.  Nobody on ROHBH would make a snide remark about Marc taking Moore Manor.  The preview for next week shows Marlo kicking Kenya's hotel room door.  Marlo is in the sewer and declasses the show. 

I don't know what producers thought this gutter behavior would be entertaining.  If it's the same cast next season, I'm out.  I'd like to see Kenya, Kandi, Porsha, Eva or Claudia and a newbie; maybe Keri Hilson.  I also think they should bring back some of the gay friends of.  They added spice to earlier seasons.  Let's have some women who actually have things going on who don't need to create moments and have dynamic lives.

• Like 5
  • Applause 2
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

Can we talk about this outfit Kandi was wearing to her courtside seats at the game? Did she lose a bet or something?

There was something weird about that edit. They showed her walking in, and the outfit looked like shorts with patterned stockings, but then they showed a shot from the knees down that showed what looked like black leggings and black boots when a chunky heel. When they cut back to Kandi walking into the office with Don Juan, you can clearly see she's in a stiletto heel. It was an unfortunate outfit, but the editing made it seem like they were black pants with some crazy garter-like sheer panels, when she may actually have been in shorts with stockings (not that it make the outfit much better, but still...)

• Like 2
On 5/23/2023 at 9:06 AM, kassa said:

When Marlo was going on about how triggering the shooting was for her and Kandi didn't even care, I flashed back to an early season when Kandi's boyfriend (?) was shot and killed. I don't know, Marlo, maybe in addition to being bad for business it brings up a lot of heartache for Kandi, too? 

OK, it's not funny that AJ was killed.  I cannot be clear enough about that.  But he was shot after filming had wrapped and the season was currently airing.  Bravo legit put up a card for the remainder of the episodes that the footage aired was filmed before AJ died.  Y'all.  I have never laughed so hard.  Again, nothing funny about the man's death.  But the idea that Bravo thought their audience couldn't figure it out?  Hilarious, fucking hilarious.  I've always wondered if they thought people would think it was evidence he wasn't truly dead, or that he was a ghost.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
12 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Does Marlo still have that clothing business, (I do not remember the name of it but I do remember is was spelled incorrectly), she had spent money on big launch, made a season out of it but now, nothing? 

Oh yeah, it was a rent the runway type of business. 

I had to look it up. Le’Archive!!!  The website has a long list of designers that go nowhere. Maybe her and Sheree can chip in and get a working website.

She’ Archive? 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

Kandi knows the show drives ticket sales, podcast subscriptions, and restaurant visits. It's also probably pretty lucrative on top of that for a modest amount of effort. But it's probably a drag for her and Bravo may not be patient forever if she isn't pitching in.

That said, her projects actually ARE projects that go somewhere, a rarity in the Bravo universe.

• Like 7
28 minutes ago, SlutAssBitchAssHor said:

I think Kandi is struggling in her personal life, can't say no to a check so she's just muddling through her scenes and is on the verge of snapping. 

It was interesting that even Don Juan told Kandi she should support Todd in his project as much as she demanded from Todd. Of course, her response was the usual "I know, but..."

Also interesting when her other assistant (can't remember her name) asked Kandi if she confronted Joyce about her disrespect, Kandi just said "she should know". Never any consequences for that jackal of a mother.

• Like 5
  • Applause 3

Didn't Kandi say she hadn't spoken with Joyce since that night? Meaning she is refusing to speak to her for the time being, or they hadn't spoken so it hadn't come up?

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
On 5/23/2023 at 6:33 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

Drew spends 43 seconds on stage and tells Ralph that now she knows she can do it and start her music career again. Really? She sang maybe 5 words in 43 seconds. I guess I can now run the NYC Marathon because I ran 20 feet to catch the ice cream truck.

This completely cracked me up!  And hey I will run with you since I have the same outstanding talent.  I think I can even do 30 feet at a fast pace........ 

• LOL 5
(edited)

The shooting at OLG will be used as a story line by Marlo and Sheree all season long in order to cause damage to Kandi's businesses which are successful. Marlo said on tonight's episode that Kandi brought her "culture" (and in association her nephew) to the restaurant, and this caused the problem!

Mama Joyce always manages to embarrass Todd and Kandi in public (the show, and I don't doubt anywhere she has a chance). It was on BravoCon this time.

Edited by ZettaK
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

On one hand we got Kandi, I love her, but clearly she is sticking around for the free publicity for her businesses and honestly  I’m not even mad about it. Sis has a knack for turning most things she touches into gold but clearly she is over all the girls and I don’t blame her for just collecting that little check. 

on the other hand we got Marlo, who is so desperately clinging to her peach, she is willing to spout any nonsense she can to stay.
What in the pixelated fuck was she talking about this episode. First kandi is a problem bc she didn’t wanna talk about the shooting at blaze. But kandi talked about it with us(the viewers) in her TH. maybe she didn’t wanna talk about it with YOU hoe! And somehow that morphed into something about her nephew who was murdered (which is sad) but is also “old news” as Marlo kept saying about kandi mentioning Marlo’s past.  I need her to go,  but she doesn’t have anything else to hold on to except this show, which she’ll probably be here for a while. FML

everyone else is just kinda here and there, floating about, bitching about some trivial crap! I can’t fathom why they made bravo con drama  a storyline this year(insert major heavy eyeroll)

I will say as someone who couldn’t stand Kenya, she may have converted me these past couple seasons. Next episode looks good. Watching Kenya gather Marlo is small satisfaction for me lol

• Like 3
  • Love 1