Type keyword(s) to search

S07.13: The Hangover

• Start Topic

Carl throws Lindsay a surprise engagement party, but the reaction to their nuptial news shocks everyone; the housemates hit the beach for a game of flag football; Carl is surprised to be confronted by a friend from outside the house.

Wasn't there an episode this season already titled The Hangover?  

• Like 2
(edited)

Damn Danielle!!!  Were you secretly in love with Lindsay?  You cried like a woman who found out her man married another woman or something.  Girl, get a grip!  My best friend got engaged and I wasn't part of the plan and I understood.  Her fiance didn't want me to accidentally spill the beans.  I did shed tears but they were tears of joy because I was happy for them.  I wonder if you shed as many tears when you and your man split. 

Edited by swankie
Spelling
  • Like 11
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)

Since the time Carl said he was ring-shopping and Danielle screamed into a pillow, I have been completely baffled by her reaction. Anyone might understand feeling  left out, maybe jealous, or concerned that this serious commitment between her two close friends came about too quickly and where it leaves her now.  I can understand all of those feeling but, for cripes sake, have a bit of self-respect and maybe some genuine love for your friends, in spite of those feelings.  The tortured weeping and the "I can do this I can do this I can do this"  like her world is coming to an end, and then badmouthing the couple to their other friends at the celebration of the engagement.  WTF?  Danielle  really did make a spectacle of herself as bitter and drowning in anger/ envy.  I have watched  far too many of these shows, I've seen people act in crazy, self-defeating or stupid ways, but they were all understandable in the context of the show and in who that person was.    This, I simply cannot understand unless as Swankie said, she is actually in love with  Carl or Lindsey or both.

Edited by BluishGreen
bad typing
  • Like 9
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 4

I’m actually on Danielle’s side now, after Robert spelled it out.

Fuck you Carl, you left Danielle out of it on purpose, Robert is right she is not a “girl in the house.”

Carl is a whiny baby. I hope he and stupid Lindsey are miserable together.

• Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)

Yikes Danielle is so embarrassing. Way to make the situation about yourself. Why was anyone hugging her she needs to get a fucking grip. Why would Carl say anything hi Danielle she has been trashing their relationship like the whole time. She brought this whole thing on herself. Why does Danielle need to know anything.

I’m starting to like Kory and Sam more and more.

Andrea is always so happy and joyful. I’m liking him and Lexi together too.

Danielle going on about it at the engagement party is just so cringey.

Kyle’s support of Carl was nice.

Why doesn’t Paige say to Danielle what she said to Craig on the phone. Someone needs to slap that girl back into reality lol.

Not interested in seeing Gabby date.

Glad Amanda finally went to the doctor.

Kyle needs to cut his mullet already he looks better without it.

Robert pls shut up. You come around every 6 weeks. Pls with being upset about someone proposing without involving your gf. Like what is this shit. These ppl are insane lol. I can only imagine how Danielle would’ve reacted to Carl saying he was gonna propose. She probably would’ve ruined the whole experience.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 8
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, Marley said:

Not interested in seeing Gabby date.

Me either.  She had such a stinkface during the date.  If I was the guy I would have excused myself and just walked out.  She doesn't realize what a funky vibe she gives off.  

• Like 10
24 minutes ago, Marley said:

I can only imagine how Danielle would’ve reacted to Carl saying he was gonna propose. She probably would’ve ruined the whole experience.

I don't blame Carl for not including her.  Hell, when he told her he was looking at rings she screamed into a pillow.  I can only imagine her reaction if he told her his proposal plans.  Danielle really made a fool of herself this season.  That girl becomes too unhinged too easily over other people's shit.  She keeps me cringing. 

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
  • Love 2

I’m starting to think maybe I’ve never had any female friendships in my life because I am so confused by Danielle’s behavior and by no one else being confused by her behavior. I have never, ever been involved in anyone else’s proposal. It would not occur to me that anyone should tell me when they are going to propose. And it’s not like it was a secret from Danielle or they waited to tell her. She was invited to the party that night. I’m just…so…confused. Am I abnormal? Do other people’s female friends behave this way with each other?

This was also the first time I have been completely on Lindsey’s side about the idea that Danielle is refusing to take any accountability for her own actions. Carl just told her he’s shopping for a ring! She could have offered to help or ask questions or even just say congratulations. She screamed into a pillow. So no matter what shitty thing Danielle says or does Carl and Lindsey are supposed to keep coming back asking if she thinks they’re doing it right this time? I think I’m Lindsey in this situation where I would be done asking Danielle if she’s ok with my life. 

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, FozzyBear said:

I’m starting to think maybe I’ve never had any female friendships in my life because I am so confused by Danielle’s behavior and by no one else being confused by her behavior. I have never, ever been involved in anyone else’s proposal. It would not occur to me that anyone should tell me when they are going to propose. And it’s not like it was a secret from Danielle or they waited to tell her. She was invited to the party that night. I’m just…so…confused. Am I abnormal? Do other people’s female friends behave this way with each other?

No, they're abnormal. No one is owed notification of a pending proposal. When I was at the age when friends were getting engaged, after the proposal there was a phone call or a meet-up to tell you about it, at which time you joined in your friend's happiness. And that's even if you thought she was making the biggest mistake of her life, because you'd already said that nicely and then you STFU. No one expected to know in advance, because we were adults and understood that the information was on a need-to-know basis. Danielle's new friends, Paige, Ciara, Mya, and Amanda, could have helped Danielle by explaining all that, rather than supporting her delusions, but as much as they pretend, they're not really her friends.

Robert can miss me with his defense of Danielle. Carl is right, Danielle really is one of "the girls in the house," and she achieved that status all on her own. When you spend a summer criticizing a relationship, you're an idiot if you think you'll somehow be included in a proposal. Also, the problem is Danielle's, not Robert's. The way to have her back is to support her in resolving her problem herself, not trying to do it for her.

• Like 10
  • Applause 2

What was up with Mya bringing up the fact that Carl's mom wasn't there as if it was indicative of how she felt about the engagement?

That was kind of shitty.

• Like 11
  • Applause 1
2 minutes ago, bosawks said:

What was up with Mya bringing up the fact that Carl's mom wasn't there as if it was indicative of how she felt about the engagement?

That was kind of shitty.

Heh, I missed that, but "kind of shitty" pretty much sums up Mya this season.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

Wow! Danielle crying all over the house, running out to the pool hysterical while everybody in the house sits there dumbfounded like they couldn't believe what they were seeing was one of the cringiest moments on reality TV. I wonder what Danielle thinks when she watches the playback of her behavior. 

Why in hell would Carl tell Danielle anything after she has clearly made it known over and over again that she thinks they are moving too fast, making a mistake, etc etc...He would be crazy to include her in any of his plans. 

Lindsey and Carl are in this incredible bubble right now. Falling in love, fairytale story, then the attention from the engagement. Now a year (or how ever long) to plan their dream wedding and after that focus on pregnancies and babies being born. They have a ways to go before reality sets in so buckle up we're in for a long ride. 

• Like 7
3 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

’m starting to think maybe I’ve never had any female friendships in my life because I am so confused by Danielle’s behavior and by no one else being confused by her behavior. I have never, ever been involved in anyone else’s proposal. It would not occur to me that anyone should tell me when they are going to propose. And it’s not like it was a secret from Danielle or they waited to tell her. She was invited to the party that night. I’m just…so…confused. Am I abnormal? Do other people’s female friends behave this way with each other?

Ok I’m absolutely seeing Danielle’s side, having been privy to and part of a proposal party.  I actually think they are stupid BUT if the husband-to-be of a best friend told all of my best friend’s other friends, prior to the event, but did not tell me, I’d be very upset.  

Carl told everyone who is close to Lindsay about the proposal except for Danielle.  He left her out on purpose and like Robert said, that’s embarrassing.  

Danielle acted insane but I get it.  It’s hurtful to be left out, especially when you consider yourself THE best friend.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, bosawks said:

That was kind of shitty.

Oh I clocked that too and she did seem to be implying that it meant something. It was a shitty thing to say. Maya, Paige, and Cierra were all being shitty. 

i hope they actual want a friendship with Danielle. I doubt it and I’m pretty sure now that their work is done they will drop her, but I hope not.

• Like 7
(edited)
13 hours ago, BluishGreen said:

Since the time Carl said he was ring-shopping and Danielle screamed into a pillow, I have been completely baffled by her reaction.

^^^ding ding ding^^^
I'm not a sociological genius by any means, but maybe - JUST MAYBE..

this exact moment you mentioned, where she asked "Are you or are you not ring-shopping?" and he said "YES"...

was the right moment to put on the big girl pants and say... "Carl I would love nothing more than to be able to help you with your proposal to Lindsay... because we have been friends for so long and you are both so much more important to me than whatever this argument I've been perpetuating about how fast you two have been moving is" 

instead of ...

cony-crying-in-pillow-kwyvdp8a21k115af.g

Why would ANYONE ask you for help with the proposal or give you a heads up when that was your reaction to the news that it *might* happen at some point in the future let alone in the next 10 days

Not to mention - 

She has shown she's more than happy to report every fucking update about C&L to the girls in the house who sit around hoping that there will be more problems - so logical to assume she'd do the same with the impending proposal news and fuck it up for both of them.

e66fc4d090134da2fdf53444c428de515ac98dcf

Also Robert - you can suck a D, my friend with your self-important Gotye lyrics ripoff.  "Now you're just a couple we used to know."  You don't get to be "Roberto" anymore, you're just fucking "Bob" now.  Get off our show.   

Edited by Drogo
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Wow! Danielle crying all over the house, running out to the pool hysterical while everybody in the house sits there dumbfounded like they couldn't believe what they were seeing was one of the cringiest moments on reality TV. I wonder what Danielle thinks when she watches the playback of her behavior. 

Not to mention, production even had to get involved and talk her down.  I cannot begin to understand Danielle's over the top reaction. From her recent WWHL visit, she was not at all regretful. At the time, I thought Lindsey must've done something incredibly awful but, seemingly,  there's no there there. Still far from a Lindsey fan, but I'm over believing Danielle was the better of the two. 

Not sure why the other women are being criticized for not talking Danielle down. She was irrational, acting a fool and wouldn't listen to anyone, even Lindsey's family & closest friends. I'd be with Paige, hiding under the covers sharing the deets with my boyfriend. 

Carl's reaction to the Robert conversation was interesting. Why'd he go so nutty on the camera crew? Anyone else notice how recently how slight he is? Yeah, he's tall, but his shoulders seem disproportionately slight & stooped. The excess hair doesn't help. Then again, tank tops/muscle shirts on men are my kryptonite.

Edited by snarts
  • Like 5
1 minute ago, snarts said:

Not sure why the other women are being criticized for not talking Danielle down. She was irrational, acting a fool and wouldn't listen to anyone, even Lindsey's family & closest friends. I'd be with Paige, hiding under the covers sharing the deets with my boyfriend. 

Honestly it seemed like they all knew what she was doing was shitty but the only person who actually put her in check was Dannia (Lindsay's friend) well after she made the rounds at the event.  She heard the opening notes to Danielle's 10-minute diatribe and was like "Mm yeah but this is the happiest day of Lindsay's life and you need to snap the fuck out of it" which Danielle did not appreciate at all but seemed to heed... at least for the next few hours.  

• Like 9

I thought Paige was not very into the engagement party — might have been production catching her at a quiet moment, though.  But — I did get a kick out of her commenting on Lindsey’s dress “with shoulder pads” and that Lindsey said she had “no idea”the proposal was coming.   Even last week I wondered why Linds was so dressed up to go get firewood at the beach!!!  I’d be wearing shorts and a t-shirt!  😂

• Like 5
25 minutes ago, Drogo said:

Honestly it seemed like they all knew what she was doing was shitty but the only person who actually put her in check was Dannia (Lindsay's friend) well after she made the rounds at the event.  She heard the opening notes to Danielle's 10-minute diatribe and was like "Mm yeah but this is the happiest day of Lindsay's life and you need to snap the fuck out of it" which Danielle did not appreciate at all but seemed to heed... at least for the next few hours.  

Agree. Not sure why it would be their role to put her in check any more so than another roommate. In essence, why is it their responsibility?  They're roommates, not friends, and they're making a TV show where drama is encouraged. Probably thinking "better her than me acting a fool" :)

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I thought Paige was not very into the engagement party — might have been production catching her at a quiet moment, though.  But — I did get a kick out of her commenting on Lindsey’s dress “with shoulder pads” and that Lindsey said she had “no idea”the proposal was coming.   Even last week I wondered why Linds was so dressed up to go get firewood at the beach!!!  I’d be wearing shorts and a t-shirt!  😂

I could have gotten the timing wrong but I thought the idea was that they were getting firewood and then going straight to the bonfire with the elevated bonfire dress code and that’s why they were both so dressed up.

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
1 minute ago, FozzyBear said:

I could have gotten the timing wrong but I thought the idea was that they were getting firewood and then going straight to the bonfire with the elevated bonfire dress code and that’s why they were both so dressed up.

This is what I remember, too - all of the girls agreeing that they were wearing dresses, and Lindsay and Carl leaving early to pick up extra firewood for the bonfire.  He was also pretty shmancy in his white pants and button down.

17 minutes ago, snarts said:

Not sure why it would be their role to put her in check any more so than another roommate. In essence, why is it their responsibility?  They're roommates, not friends, and they're making a TV show where drama is encouraged.

100% would not expect one of the girls in the house to check Danielle since (aside from Danielle, allegedly) none of them are Lindsay's friends and seemingly enjoy making fun of her and Danielle by proxy.  I am surprised she got through so many of Lindsay's actual friends at the party before Dannia (the hero we don't deserve) told her to get her shit together and stop making it about her.

• Like 5
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, snarts said:

Not to mention, production even had to get involved and talk her down.

YES!  Everything was "jeez", but talking to PRODUCTION, on camera, was a real "what in the fuck?"

• Like 4
(edited)

I don’t think it’s a stretch that Carl’s mom wasn’t at the party because she didn’t agree with the engagement. I mean, I think Carl and Lindsey both suck. 🤷🏻‍♂️

Edited by Mr. Miner
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)

I am not saying the others have to check Danielle but they seemed to be acting like she’s justified to act like how she was and someone should’ve been like girl chill you are embarrassing yourself lol.

Edited by Marley
  • Like 7
(edited)

My criticism of Paige, and especially Mya, is that they encouraged Danielle's behavior. If ever there was time to say, "Take a deep breath and do what you need to do to be the friend (you've been saying) you are," this was it. Instead, these not-friends hugged her and patted her, and encouraged her to rehearse her negative feelings.

I wanted to slap Paige when she was yucking it up about Lindsay's shoulder pads. Wasn't there an earlier scene where Paige approved that dress for the event? And if Lindsay was acting about being surprised she did an excellent job. As well she should have. I mean, the only other choice was to crap all over her boyfriend's very sweet and carefully planned proposal.

Edited by Passing Strange
  • Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 minute ago, Passing Strange said:

My criticism of Paige, and especially Mya, is that they encouraged Danielle's behavior. If ever there was time to say, "Take a deep breath and do what you need to do to be the friend you've been saying you are," this was it. Instead, these not-friends hugged her and patted her, and encouraged her to rehearse her negative feelings.

I wanted to slap Paige when she was yucking it up about Lindsay's shoulder pads. Wasn't there an earlier scene where Paige approved that dress for the event? And if Lindsay was acting about being surprised she did an excellent job. As well she should have. I mean, the only other choice was to crap all over her boyfriend's very sweet and carefully planned proposal.

That’s my criticism too. These “friends” could have just pulled her aside and said something like “we hear you. We understand your feelings. But you don’t want to do this right now. How can we help you get through this night?” Instead they wind her up more and help her find the worst possible interpretation of Carl’s actions.

Also, can we talk about Paige’s grand conspiracy theory of Carl doesn’t want to upset Linsey on the night he’s proposing? No shit. Why shouldn’t he be concerned about that? That’s normal! I feel like a lot of Carl and Lindsey’s behavior is super normal and people are reading weirdly sinister motives into it.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, bosawks said:

That was kind of shitty.

It was shitty and another case of Mya weirdly acting like she knows more about Carl and his life than she actually does. His mom has always loved Lindsay and we just saw her being supportive of their relationship at their housewarming party. Was Mya even at that party? 

• Like 6
3 hours ago, Thumper said:

I thought Paige was not very into the engagement party — might have been production catching her at a quiet moment, though.

Paige can not stand Lindsey. She doesn't hide it, either. No ass kissing from her. She can be cold and I see it with the way she treats Craig sometimes, too. 

Speaking of Paige and Craig, what is her deal? It seems like she doesn't want to move forward with him.  She doesn't seem to want to blend their lives together, she doesn't want to get engaged, much less married, she doesn't seem overly affectionate with him. Maybe there's something about him that's holding her back.  After a year together don't you start talking about the future timeline? I don't know, just a vibe I get. She's not a kid, she's 30 yrs old. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
23 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Paige can not stand Lindsey. She doesn't hide it, either. No ass kissing from her. She can be cold and I see it with the way she treats Craig sometimes, too. 

Speaking of Paige and Craig, what is her deal? It seems like she doesn't want to move forward with him.  She doesn't seem to want to blend their lives together, she doesn't want to get engaged, much less married, she doesn't seem overly affectionate with him. Maybe there's something about him that's holding her back.  After a year together don't you start talking about the future timeline? I don't know, just a vibe I get. She's not a kid, she's 30 yrs old. 

Like Paige im in a long distance relationship that has always been long distance. I could see how a year might not seem that long because you’re not seeing each other every day. I don’t think it’s too slow, just like I don’t think Carl and Lindsey are moving too fast. But can you imagine how ballistic Paige and Craig would have been if Cierra had become best friends with Lindsey just so she could talk about how “it’s crazy slow” and “weird” and that she “has a right to an opinion!” and started crying because they didn’t talk to her before deciding not to get engaged?

• Like 6
17 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

I’m actually on Danielle’s side now, after Robert spelled it out.

Fuck you Carl, you left Danielle out of it on purpose, Robert is right she is not a “girl in the house.”

Carl is a whiny baby. I hope he and stupid Lindsey are miserable together.

But she is the girl in the house who had way too much to say about their relationship and all of it negative. Why on earth would he include her in the engagement plans when her behavior and emotions were so erratic? He was nervous enough about taking such a huge step and did not need her negative energy.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
5 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Ok I’m absolutely seeing Danielle’s side, having been privy to and part of a proposal party.  I actually think they are stupid BUT if the husband-to-be of a best friend told all of my best friend’s other friends, prior to the event, but did not tell me, I’d be very upset.  

Carl told everyone who is close to Lindsay about the proposal except for Danielle.  He left her out on purpose and like Robert said, that’s embarrassing.  

Danielle acted insane but I get it.  It’s hurtful to be left out, especially when you consider yourself THE best friend.

Carl told Kyle and Chris for morale support and photo skills. The other family/friends at the party he told a few days before because he needed them to travel to the Hamptons, which makes sense, and he could count on them to not burst the bubble. The housemates, except Chris, had no idea what was going on until the proposal was in progress and Kyle needed them to head off to the party. So Danielle was totally being crazy. Not to mention she might have spoiled the surprise with her unhinged, irrational behavior.

• Like 8
4 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I don’t think it’s a stretch that Carl’s mom wasn’t at the party because she didn’t agree with the engagement. I mean, I think Carl and Lindsey both suck. 🤷🏻‍♂️

They both suck.

There is a reason you’re not supposed to get into a relationship, and certainly not an engagement until you have a year of sobriety.  

Carl and Lindsay’s relationship is pinging my radar as not a good idea.  I’m sure Carl’s mom likes the Lindsay that she’s pretending to be these days, but she also knows that Carl should not have jumped into this - he seems fragile and she is seeing that.  Maya is annoying but she IS perceptive- she is seeing it too.

• Like 4
  • Applause 2
4 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

Also, can we talk about Paige’s grand conspiracy theory of Carl doesn’t want to upset Linsey on the night he’s proposing? No shit. Why shouldn’t he be concerned about that? That’s normal!

The night I proposed I remember thinking “This was almost perfect. If only she had a bad sunburn or she got pulled over for speeding on her way here, THEN it would’ve been magical.”

4 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

If ever there was time to say, "Take a deep breath and do what you need to do to be the friend (you've been saying) you are," this was it. Instead, these not-friends hugged her and patted her, and encouraged her to rehearse her negative feelings.

They did exactly what they were supposed to do as her Not Friends. (Stealing that..) 

They’re worse than Not Friends, actually.  They’re like some 80s movie where the mean girls pretend to like the head cheerleader’s nerdy little brother because they know it’ll get under her skin.  No one in their circle genuinely likes or cares about Danielle. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 2
23 hours ago, swankie said:

Damn Danielle!!!  Were you secretly in love with Lindsay?  You cried like a woman who found out her man married another woman or something.  Girl, get a grip!  My best friend got engaged and I wasn't part of the plan and I understood.  Her fiance didn't want me to accidentally spill the beans.  I did shed tears but they were tears of joy because I was happy for them.  I wonder if you shed as many tears when you and your man split. 

I said this in last week’s thread. She is definitely in love with Lindsay. 

• Like 2
17 hours ago, FozzyBear said:

I'm right there with you.  I started questioning myself as a friend.  Never have I inserted myself so much in my friend's relationship with her S/O the way Danielle is involved with Carl and Lindsay.  I'm cordial to her S/O and we've hung out on occasion (the three of us) but never have I expected to be included in their very personal plans or inserted myself in any of their personal problems other than what my friend shares with me.  Even then I'm just a sounding board for her pretty much.  Am I not a good friend?

• Like 6
6 hours ago, Drogo said:

No one in their circle genuinely likes or cares about Danielle. 

True, but ooh boy they really hate Lindsay.

Why was Lindsay quoting Jane Austen with her “yes yes a thousand times yes!”  Like she reads.  

Another thing that bugs me about Lindsay is her weird scrunched up top lip.  Is it from too much Botox or fillers?  

• Like 3
2 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Another thing that bugs me about Lindsay is her weird scrunched up top lip.  Is it from too much Botox or fillers?  

Fillers.

• Like 1
(edited)
On 5/9/2023 at 4:19 PM, bichonblitz said:

It looks more and more like a reality showmance. 

Edited by ZettaK
  • Like 5

Danielle seeking counsel from Ciara on the phone and calling her "C" like they've been friends for life.....good Lord....cringe.

Even my intense dislike of Lindsay doesn't overshadow Danielle's absolutely bizarre response.  That being said, like any good High School girl, sorry, 36 year old woman would do, Lindsay dumped Danielle's ass the minute she hooked up with Carl.  She stopped having any need or use for her "ride or die" once she secured her boyfriend.  If my "best friend" was having a mental breakdown over my engagement and was expressing it to my other friends, I would sit her down for a heart to heart.  With kindness, concern and open ears.  Lindsay cuts people off waaaaaay too easily.  It causes her no pain.  I know some will say Danielle has run out of chances and already burned her own bridge.  I don't agree.  Not if this friendship truly meant anything like they both portray it did. Have that last heart to heart and then they both can move on. 

I actually like Paige but she's phoning it in and just collecting a paycheck at this point. 

Kory has revealed he was a geeky, skinny kid who couldn't get girls.  Just like nerds who end up rich investment bankers, nerds who end up "hot" meatheads are the most dangerous kind to women!  I'm saying that jokingly but hey, that's how players are born!  That being said, Kory makes for much better t.v. than almost all of the other new characters they've tried to introduce.  I'd vote Kory onto the show.   

• Like 3
18 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

There is a reason you’re not supposed to get into a relationship, and certainly not an engagement until you have a year of sobriety.  

This is the root of the moving too fast argument that everyone on the show conveniently forgets. I am in complete agreement with you that it is an entire field of red flags. Yes Danielle's acting insane, I agree, and she also knows these two better than anyone else and very likely also knows a massive implosion is inevitable. She knows her friends aren't going to come out of this alive (figuratively speaking).

Two very issued people finding bliss in the early days of their relationship (has it even been 18 months in real time??) are very different from two very issued people dealing with real life after all the parties are over. And anyone will tell you, babies don't save relationships. I might have had a shred of respect for Carl and Lindsey if they hadn't gone all lights, camera, relationship and followed a more reasonable timeline, especially with regard to his sober journey and recovery.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
18 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

I might have had a shred of respect for Carl and Lindsey if they hadn't gone all lights, camera, relationship and followed a more reasonable timeline, especially with regard to his sober journey and recovery.

I forgot to address this in my previous post and it's such an excellent point about lights, camera, relationship!  It could be argued that Danielle "ruined" the engagement party or that Robert attacked Carl and made him uncomfortable and that all of this took away from their celebration.  Boo-hoo and heck to the no. These two famewhores are banking their financial future on this romance and are going to milk it for all it's worth.  They could have chosen to not film the proposal or party.  Made this what it truly should have been which is a private moment in life.  In that situation, they would not have been producer forced to include all these cast members, many of whom they aren't even friends with.  They wouldn't have had to include Danielle or Robert in anything.  But they chose not to keep it private so therefore, the door is open for whoever wants to rain on their parade.  I think there have been many shows where all we're given is a picture/snapshot of the event but it's not filmed or shown.  

This is just a predictor of what they're hoping will be a future of sharing private life moments in exchange for $$$.  Lindsay's probably already practicing what angle the camera should be in between her legs for when she's giving birth and Carlito is passed out in the corner chair.

33 minutes ago, RedDelicious said:

and very likely also knows a massive implosion is inevitable

Of epic proportions.  Guaranteed.

• Like 3

Just caught the episode.  My two take aways are--"dungarees"--thinking I'll bet Danielle read Trixie Belden too!  No, just me?  The second was a shot of a Bud Light bottle.  Jarring.

I always multi-task when I watch Bravo shows and I couldn't believe every time I turned around Danielle was crying.  As everybody else has said, this is not normal behavior but I also blame some of this on alcohol.  That doesn't work once everybody is sober though.  Enough!

• Like 3
10 hours ago, Mr. Miner said:

I wonder how many friendships weddings have ended? I can think of 2 or 3 in just the weddings I’ve been too. 🤷🏻‍♂️

I know of a several as well that went through the same after weddings (mine included).  I just thank god none of it aired on TV, though no one I know would have ever acted like Danielle when learning a friend is engaged.  I felt so embarrassed watching her carry on that I think I even turned red!  Damn girl, please make an appointment with a therapist because that is NOT a healthy reaction.  I was so prepared to hate on Lindsay for what transpired between her and Danielle after the season trailers, but after watching this season, I really don't think Danielle has much of a leg to stand on when it comes to their [destroyed?] friendship. 

Didn't Paige lose interest in Perry (I think that was his name) after they had been dating a while?  She seems to get bored right around one year or so of dating, or am I reading too much into it?  And, yes, while Craig can be an ass at times, I do have a soft spot for him dammit  If Paige doesn't see a future with him, then she needs to tell him because Craig clearly envisions a future with her.  I can't imagine Paige settling down in Charleston, or even New York, and being a wife and mother.  Nothing wrong with that, just don't get Craig's hopes up if they're not meant to be.  

I was impressed with how Kyle  handled the whole engagement and weekend and was so supportive of both Carl and Lindsay. Well, except for telling Carl the night of the engagement party that Danielle was upset.  Kyle - so not the time or place!   Whether or not  Carl and Kyle's friendship can last, I guess time will tell, however, I suspect Kyle will continue to party like a 21 year old, while Carl and Lindsay will have kids not long after being married.  And I say that Lindsay and Carl have a decent shot at making it, hell, probably about the same as Kyle and Amanda.  

Mya can just leave anytime.  I like Gabby much more than Mya.  

I am so curious to see who will be invited to the wedding (besides People magazine of course).

• Like 5

Carl celebrated his two years of sobriety in January.  

23 hours ago, heatherchandler said:

Didn’t he and Lindsay rekindle after the Kyle Amanda wedding in September 2021?