Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: Qui

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Not speaking from experience, but I would think a bird would be fine in a cage with food and water. Tai's the only one with dependents--Sammy who's other is in the hospital (I think he's with Simone's parents) and...WHAT ABOUT STEVE??

I'm just fanwanking that wherever Sammy is, he's watching Steve.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Brn2bwild said:

I'm just fanwanking that wherever Sammy is, he's watching Steve.

45 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I guess we could assume Tai's assistant/campaign manager is watching the dog? Or at least took it to a boarding facility.

I definitely accept both of these ideas. Especially Sammy having Steve. They need each other!

• Like 3

I think it’s only the day after the crash, right? I assume Simone is still in the hospital and her family has Sammy. I do worry about poor Steve if Tai stays away much longer though. Maybe she called her assistant to look after him. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

Not speaking from experience, but I would think a bird would be fine in a cage with food and water.

It's just a TV show so I'm not actually worried, but parrots are basically like forever-toddlers -- they need a ton of attention or they can start weird compulsive behaviors like plucking out their feathers (which, if they do it enough, causes the feathers to stop growing back and leaving the bird bald forever). I'm concerned about all the pets on the show! (Sammy too, although it's harder for everyone to forget about a school-age child, haha.)

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 5
2 hours ago, Cranberry said:

It's just a TV show so I'm not actually worried, but parrots are basically like forever-toddlers -- they need a ton of attention or they can start weird compulsive behaviors like plucking out their feathers (which, if they do it enough, causes the feathers to stop growing back and leaving the bird bald forever). I'm concerned about all the pets on the show! (Sammy too, although it's harder for everyone to forget about a school-age child, haha.)

Now I'm worried too! But one lucky thing is that we know that Misty went on this road trip on purpose, unlike Tai and Natalie, so she would have definitely made arrangements for Caligula.

I had 3 different parakeets as a child and each one died within a week. I've stayed away from birds ever since since I'm apparently the angel of death of birds. Or else my room had a draft.

• Like 2
  • Sad 3
  • Useful 2

I loved loved loved  Callie in this episode. The way her face lit up when Shauna said her evidence would be inadmissible if copstache had slept with her?  One could see the light bulb going on. Truly, she is her psychopathic mom’s daughter.  I do hope she survives the series. 

I actually thought that was a pretty smart play. (And I love "copstache" as a moniker.) The detective really crossed a line. Or even if he technically didn't it would look really bad to a jury considering her age. She was right to be smug about it.

• Like 9
8 hours ago, Stuckathome said:

Oh, and can I just say----WTF is Tai's wife? Still in a coma? Wouldn't the press be eating this up, newly elected official in horrible crash, wife in serious/critical condition and she vanishes? Plus, where is Sammy? And for the love of God, is Steve the dog safe? 

Maybe poor Sammy is still sitting in the office of that teacher/principal that called Tai's wife all annoyed about no one picking him up.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

I actually thought that was a pretty smart play. (And I love "copstache" as a moniker.) The detective really crossed a line.

With the disclaimer that it's been <mumble mumble> years since I studied anything criminal law related, there is the idea that anything you obtain illegally taints anything you find based on that evidence. By that logic, if all of their evidence is based on facts that they got (illegally?) from Callie, then everything they find out as a result of that wouldn't be admissible either.

• Like 2
  • Useful 6
3 hours ago, Eeksquire said:

With the disclaimer that it's been <mumble mumble> years since I studied anything criminal law related, there is the idea that anything you obtain illegally taints anything you find based on that evidence. By that logic, if all of their evidence is based on facts that they got (illegally?) from Callie, then everything they find out as a result of that wouldn't be admissible either.

Yeah, well Shauna went and admitted she was having an affair with Adam so I don't think it matters what they initially found out from Callie. They used it to intimidate Shauna and she gave them what they needed. 

Unless a lawyer could get Shauna's statement suppressed?

But I'm not sure it matters, since they haven't even found a body. Admitting to an affair isn't enough to convict someone of murder without a body. It seems like way too many resources being spent on the case considering that.

• Like 4
On 5/5/2023 at 6:26 PM, sistermagpie said:

I was pretty sure from the start the baby wasn't alive - especially given how huge he was for a newborn. I mean, I know that's normal for TV, but it was too much in this case.

I knew the kid was toast once the placenta came out first, but the massive size of that supposed newborn confirmed for me that Shauna was hallucinating -- newborns on 1990s TV shows were always that big, and I figured Shauna had never actually encountered a day-old infant in her life, so she fantasized something from the entertainment she was familiar with.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
38 minutes ago, Demian said:

I knew the kid was toast once the placenta came out first, but the massive size of that supposed newborn confirmed for me that Shauna was hallucinating -- newborns on 1990s TV shows were always that big, and I figured Shauna had never actually encountered a day-old infant in her life, so she fantasized something from the entertainment she was familiar with.

Ooh! I never even thought about it from that perspective but that makes perfect sense!

• Like 3
On 5/8/2023 at 12:43 PM, monagatuna said:

I figured she was bluffing about the balls, Hot Cop knew it, and she knew he knew it. Balls are weird looking, that's just a fact. Hot Cop probably knows it and doesn't want to hear any more about his partner's balls. Also, if she was supposed to have been a virgin before him, how many sets of balls could she have seen beforehand for comparison purposes?

When I was a virgin, I saw plenty of balls.. up close even.

1 hour ago, Demian said:

I knew the kid was toast once the placenta came out first, 

Apparently it is rare to deliver the placenta first but it does happen.  Side note: I had placenta retention with my first and they had to rip the placenta out.  Jesus Mary and Joseph the pain was horrific.  One doctor had to hold my arms down because I kept trying to push the delivering doctor away. It hurt worse than anything I’ve ever experienced.  I screamed until I had no voice.  No one ever tells you about the placenta delivery.

I’m also curious as to why they called this episode the French word for “who.”

• Hugs 5
  • Sad 3
1 hour ago, KaveDweller said:

Yeah, well Shauna went and admitted she was having an affair with Adam so I don't think it matters what they initially found out from Callie. They used it to intimidate Shauna and she gave them what they needed. 

Wouldn't that be considered coercion or confessing under duress and therefore also be inadmissible? It's been awhile since I studied anything law related myself... In any event, I would think body or not, simply admitting to an affair wouldn't be grounds enough to be charged with the murder.

• Like 6
18 hours ago, Daltrey said:

Wouldn't that be considered coercion or confessing under duress and therefore also be inadmissible? It's been awhile since I studied anything law related myself... In any event, I would think body or not, simply admitting to an affair wouldn't be grounds enough to be charged with the murder.

If she admitted to murder because of what they did with Callie, that would probably be inadmissible (with a good lawyer). 

Not sure about the affair admission, but maybe they just want that to get a warrant for searching her house or something? I don't really get it honestly. They already had plenty of reason to suspect an affair. They could just search Adam's studio and find DNA from when Shauna and Jeff stupidly had sex there.

• Like 5

They could just search Adam's studio and find DNA from when Shauna and Jeff stupidly had sex there.

Honestly, destroying the artwork was the dumbest thing they could have done. Just admit to the affair! Just because you had an affair with someone doesn't mean MURDER. 

I have to say, the present day murder coverup is my least favorite plot line in this story, but I cannot give it up because I love Jeff's musical car moments so much. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

I should have known that the baby was just a dream, it makes a lot of sense, but it was still hard to see Shauna waking up and realizing that her son had died. I always thought that the baby wouldn't make it, but that didn't make it any easier. 

I'm no legal expert, but I think that the cop getting information about her mom from Callie would be very questionable legally, both because he was deceiving her and because Callie is underaged. Callie saying that he slept with her is really not a bad play, she isn't wrong that a jury will be creeped out by a cop dating a teenager for information, even if she's bluffing about them sleeping together. 

Jeff rocking out to Fuck the Police while Shauna and Callie were talking to the cops was amazing, the Sadecki Family Crime Spree has really become of the black comedy highlights of the season for me. 

Its going to be very interesting seeing adult Van with adult Lottie, Van was very much a true believer back in the woods. 

I enjoy a good slow burn, but this season has absolutely been creeping forward, everything is moving at a glacial pace, pun not intended. I still think its been a really good season, but I wish they would pick up the pace.

• Like 8
5 hours ago, Eeksquire said:

I have to say, the present day murder coverup is my least favorite plot line in this story, but I cannot give it up because I love Jeff's musical car moments so much. 

I agree with this so much.  I've grown to really dislike adult Shauna.  Last season I couldn't understand why Adam was so enamored by her.  She was a dour asshole.  And now, her stupidity is beyond reason.  She let her underage daughter be questioned by the police alone.  Without a parent and without a guardian.  It's breathtakingly stupid.

I don't know who needs to hear this - but if the police want to question you about ANYTHING, EVER, get a lawyer.  100% of the time, regardless of how innocent you think it is.  The only think you should ever say to the police is "law" and "yer."

• Like 4
  • Applause 3
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1

I feel as if I haven't posted enough about the positives so far.

Jeff is one of my favorite characters if only because he seems to be a genuine person and adds much needed comic relief. It did make me sad that he turned out to be the blackmailer and then he went full yellowjacket with helping to cover up the murder. I hope he stays and remains funny.

I was telling a friend that I think I would dislike Misty and Shauna so much more, but Melanie and Christina almost humanize their characters, which must be difficult.

I do mean it when I say I'm out if there are other people on the mountain or the supernatural takes over. Just my stance on the matter and those who want it can have it with my blessings.

• Like 6
On 5/6/2023 at 1:01 PM, AstridM said:

There was never anything there. 🤦‍♀️

I can opine that is the last thing that would happen, anyone going back to the wilderness. None of them wants to do that. There was no supernatural force, a la Lost, that would compel them to return. 

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
11 hours ago, TVMovieBuff said:

I can opine that is the last thing that would happen, anyone going back to the wilderness. None of them wants to do that. There was no supernatural force, a la Lost, that would compel them to return. 

I think Shauna and Misty would welcome it, actually. Remember when Adam proposed the getaway to a cabin in the woods? Shauna didn't have the sort of reaction one might expect. And I believe Misty sees it as the highlight of her life as well.

I'm on the "there's nothing supernatural happening here" side (mind you, I don't believe the show will ever firmly come down one way or the other, and it doesn't have to do so given the number of unreliable narrators we have), but I would not be surprised if by the end of the showrunners' five year plan the survivors find themselves going back out there, as a therapeutic means if nothing else. In a sense it can be argued none of them have ever left the woods to begin with. Their time out there still informs everything they say and do in the present.

• Like 7

Hi everyone! I'm normally a lurker, but just wanted to add a little something. When Shauna blacks out during labor, it really sounds like Jackie's voice coaxing her back to the present. For me, that is what made me think things might not be real.

• Like 5
  • Useful 6
On 5/13/2023 at 9:39 PM, bookgirl137 said:

Hi everyone! I'm normally a lurker, but just wanted to add a little something. When Shauna blacks out during labor, it really sounds like Jackie's voice coaxing her back to the present. For me, that is what made me think things might not be real.

Same for me. It was Jackie's voice.

On 5/14/2023 at 10:29 AM, Avabelle said:

I feel like Natalie is a very different character this season. Are we getting a romance between her and Lisa? 

I don't get that vibe between them. I think Natalie sees her akin to a younger sister she needs to save. Her new purpose.

Adult Natalie hit rock bottom when she decided to try to take her own life. In the week since, she's actually been sober; also she's been trying to figure out what Lottie is up to and so has to play a role. Also, for most of S1 she was paired with Misty, whom she has very negative feelings towards, so it's not that surprising we're seeing other aspects to her now. Her care for Lisa might be the most we've seen of her teen counterpart in Adult Natalie so far. In the woods, despite her tough demeanor, Natalie had the biggest heart of everyone except possibly Laura Lee.

• Like 5
On 5/15/2023 at 6:33 PM, Eeksquire said:

Also... was I hallucinating, or was there a flash of Laura Lee's face in there too?

I know I saw her hair and suspected it wasn’t real. 

Aaargh!  I really try and watch only one episode a night, but I was so intrigued by Javi's reappearance in Ep 5, I just had to watch Ep 6.  And... nothing.  Thanks YJ.

So it's a big ol' Yellowjackets reunion at a cult compound.  Woo.  All the present day stuff is getting a little out there for me, and not in an interesting way.  Unless Lottie scoops them all up and moves everyone to another cult compound in a country without extradition, I don't see how we're going to get another season (let alone 3!) without them all in jail for one reason or another. 

Shauna's birth scene was excruciating.  Ben's a jerk.  Even if he knows nothing about childbirth, he could have at least been behind her, guiding her breathing, a la lamaze or whatever.  I'm tired of his flashbacks, and not sure why there are so damn many of them.  I also noticed the baby looked huge!  I like the rationalization that this is how Shauna would envision an newborn, and not just bad production.  (I think shows now use very real looking anamatronic newborn dolls.) 

Again, not keen on the supernatural woo-woo that's permeating through just about every plot line here.  I'm ok with Lottie having some sort of ESP/visions in the past, but I wish they'd stop it there.  The "dark force" that they brought back?  Nope, not interested. 

I'm surprised there aren't more new viewers and new comments now that HBO picked up Showtime.  That's why I'm late to the game - I didn't have access before that. 

8 hours ago, chaifan said:

Again, not keen on the supernatural woo-woo that's permeating through just about every plot line here.  I'm ok with Lottie having some sort of ESP/visions in the past, but I wish they'd stop it there.  The "dark force" that they brought back?  Nope, not interested. 

But remember, whatever they think of as a dark force isn't necessarily supernatural. It's just them buying into it because of how they feel about whatever.

There's an interesting convo to be had about Ben in the future!

• Like 1