Type keyword(s) to search

S44.E10: Full Tilt Boogie

• Start Topic

Carolyn FTW. As wacky as she has been, she still seems like the most genuine person there. Frankie was up there, but now she’s gone home . . . actually, just to the Ponderosa, where she and Matt can get cuddly.

Wait . . . Matthew was the guy that hurt himself, right?

So funny that no one believed Jaime’s story of losing the idol. The whole thing was a blessing because false idols are total bullshit unless there’s a difference from the real thing. Like, maybe the insignia would be backwards on both sides. Sadly, we’ll probably see more pre-made fakes in future seasons.

The immunity challenge . . . am I bad for wondering if Noelle would have won this, given she just has the one leg?

3 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

Jeff was really bringing the cringe this episode, between that and his "look at how shitty you all look! It's great! What warriors you are!" bit at the challenge.

Seriously. Because it can't be said enough, shut UP, Jeff!

On the plus side, I don't believe he said "let's git it ooooooon" like he normally does, so I'll take that temporary win.

• Like 6
  • LOL 2
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

There's a good chance that expression of Kane's was flown in from some other point at TC. I'm sure he didn't say "yeah she's right" or nod or anything, but I think they used that particular stone-faced look (perhaps a Sophie-esque reaction to all the "full tilt boogie" nonsense) for comical effect.

Yeah, I'd say it's far more likely editing. If Kane actually did give it away the show probably wouldn't want us to know they were tipped off by that.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, Lantern7 said:

Carolyn FTW. As wacky as she has been, she still seems like the most genuine person there. Frankie was up there, but now she’s gone home . . . actually, just to the Ponderosa, where she and Matt can get cuddly.

Wait . . . Matthew was the guy that hurt himself, right?

Right. Matthew = unforced injury. Just Matt = Frannie's albatross.

46 minutes ago, Birnam Wood said:

Seriously. Because it can't be said enough, shut UP, Jeff!

On the plus side, I don't believe he said "let's git it ooooooon" like he normally does, so I'll take that temporary win.

OMG, yes. I feel like every time Jeff says that, Marvin Gaye facepalms in his grave.

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

Sigh.  Frannie.  Just when I was warming to her and hoping she and Carolyn--with their astute evaluations of the game--team up and take it to the end, she gets voted out.  I totally understand why, though.  She was making a name for herself as a challenge beast, to be sure. 

I, too, noted that the jury is not looking as well groomed as Survivor juries usually look.  Maybe the boyz just don't care?  We'll see next week when Frannie joins them.  If she's still looking unkempt, then we can assume there's something wrong with the plumbing at Ponderosa.  Just, please God, don't have her show up at the next tribal council with whisker burn....

• LOL 5
3 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

The others' attitude toward Jaime's "lie" was a bit confounding to me. "What a ridiculous lie! Does she expect us to believe that?" Then: "Oooh she's a threat! Look at how coolly she lied! She's so devious!" Well, which is it? If her lies are so obvious, what's the big deal?

Yea, none of that made sense. First of all, I didn't get why no one believed it. That sort of thing has happened in every season since KIP was introduced. It's not some crazy thing. And yea, all of them with their immediate 'Pfft, I don't believe her,' and somehow then 'She's an amazing liar!' was so comical.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, bunnyface said:

I like Carson well enough when he isn't being a jerk and telling us how smart he is.  But I would really like to see how he does with  puzzles he hasn't built at home and practiced a thousand times.  That will show whether he's as good as he tells us he is.  

I'm wondering if production caught on that he had practiced all the puzzles and did some subtle change to it. He was sure he had it done and kept trying to jam the last piece in the way he thought it was supposed to go. Lucky for him, he decided to regroup and try rearranging some of the other pieces, too. The lack of bragging about how he has all the puzzles locked and loaded afterwards leads me to believe he figured out that the advantage he thought he had given himself was no longer valid.

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
(edited)

I'm just so tired of Carolyn's screaming EVERY.DAMN.TIME there's a challenge. 

And how the hell is Yam Yam still there?  Is he going to be a sacrificial goat in the end?  He has done ZERO in challenges and seems to basically flap his gums.  Yes, good naturedly and amusingly, but what is his contribution to anything important?

I want Carson to be smacked down HARD.  His twerpy little mouth is flapping more than Yam Yam's. 

Frannie gets to hook back up with Matt.  She didn't say it in her exit, but we all know she was thinking it.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Like 2
23 hours ago, Lady Calypso said:

I totally get that Frannie was the right choice to go; in my head, I know it was a smarter move. But my heart, ouch, my heart says otherwise. I really was growing to like Frannie and with so few players that I'm rooting for, I felt myself just disappointed.

I guess, at this point, I'm only really rooting for Carolyn. If I had to choose another, maybe Heidi? Or Jaime for the laughs. 

But I am not fond of any of the men left. Danny's too overconfident, Carson's too delusional, and Yam Yam's too smug. I guess all three of them are fine players and would be deserving of a win, or whatever, but that's not quite a high bar to begin with. All these players aren't THAT good. They think they're better than they actually are. 

I did love the Sanctuary Reward Group. I wish they stuck together.

That's all I have on the episode because I left it more annoyed than anything. My head knows what went down was the right play; my heart says otherwise.

Getting Danny out would have been a good choice as well. He has the big resume move of getting Brandon out by using his idol on Frannie and he's always close to the top of the challenges. Just because he hasn't won one yet, it doesn't mean he couldn't go on a run, he's a strong competitor. If the next few competitions are more physical and Frannie the challenge beast is gone, Danny could very well go on a run that takes him deep. 

I think the big error was trying to shift the vote to Heidi, there just wasn't compelling enough evidence to take her out before Frannie AND Danny.

I believe when Jeff was announcing the reward at the challenge and mentioned the drinks, he said something like "with virgin margaritas for those who can't partake" and the camera showed Carson reacting. But at the reward itself (which Carson was not present for), they showed Carolyn talking about having a non-alcoholic drink. So I think they were meant for both, for different reasons.

He definitely said "for those who are under 21" when announcing the reward. I'd forgotten about Carolyn's sobriety until she was actually at the reward. Frankly, I've never understood why anyone would drink alcohol during the game, the odds of making a costly slip of the tongue increase and after starving for days and days, I think it would hit you so hard. Plus, you can't just eat a greasy burger or some other hangover food the next day, it would just suck. 

I'm rooting for Carolyn to win it all, but she's going to have to make a move sooner or later. Jaime would be a hilarious winner, she's so blissfully ignorant of the realities of the game. Lauren would be fine too, I guess, she just hasn't had much airtime up until now. 

• Like 7

Frannie should have let Danny win the reward challenge. Takes the heat off her, and it would have been interesting to see who he would have taken along. Plus, she could have rubbed in later that she let him win; that would have been the ultimate insult to an alpha male like Danny.

• Like 4
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Even if Jamie and Heidi are lying about idols and votes, that doesn't make them threats to win. In fact Jamie is the ultimate goat - nobody believes her, everyone thought she was telling a ridiculous lie, nobody would vote for her in the final three. W

Well the thing is you as a player have to GET to the Final Three first and if Jamie was lying about a real idol -- and they all think it is real -- then she could survive a tribal council vote and you could go to Ponderosa instead.  A real idol at this point in the game where numbers are getting low is huge for the idol holder.  Worrying about goats come later; survival for yourself comes now.

7 hours ago, Lantern7 said:

Who the hell is Frankie?

1 minute ago, Skooma said:

Who the hell is Frankie?

Not my post, but I've noticed that autocorrect does not care for the name Frannie and will change it to Frankie every time. I had to manually change it back 3 times in my own post, but I doubt everyone notices that it's happening. So I assume the poster you're quoting was referring to Frannie. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 3

Boo that sucked. I was hoping the women would finally come together to get Danny out. I get taking Frannie out makes sense but I liked her.

I don’t understand this switch in the plan:

First: ”Danny is a big threat we need to take out with a blindside and now is the perfect time to do it!”

Then: ”Heidi said Danny has the votes to get rid of Frannie and doesn’t even need her. Let’s take out Heidi instead!”

🤔what? Why do they always try to switch to voting out someone’s ally rather than the person themselves? Nothing was stopping them from still voting for Danny there.

Remember how pissy Yam Yam was when Carolyn didn’t include him in a vote at the beginning. Yet now he does the same to her. Hope it bites him in his self-righteous ass.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Frannie was the right choice to go home.  She won three challenges in a row and she had her 14 day old boyfriend on the jury to stump for votes for her.  She was really dumb in winning the reward challenge.  She had won two immunities in a row, she should have thrown the reward challenge and diminished her appearance as a threat.  Then she went on to almost win immunity.  

It seemed like she didn’t even consider that people were going to vote for her.  She seemed so sure that Danny was going home. 

11 hours ago, tracyscott76 said:

The others' attitude toward Jaime's "lie" was a bit confounding to me. "What a ridiculous lie! Does she expect us to believe that?" Then: "Oooh she's a threat! Look at how coolly she lied! She's so devious!" Well, which is it? If her lies are so obvious, what's the big deal?

7 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Yea, none of that made sense. First of all, I didn't get why no one believed it. That sort of thing has happened in every season since KIP was introduced. It's not some crazy thing. And yea, all of them with their immediate 'Pfft, I don't believe her,' and somehow then 'She's an amazing liar!' was so comical.

I think people didn’t believe her story because of the overly dramatic manner in which she told it.   “Gather round everyone, I have a crazy story to tell you all.  You’ll never believe this.  Here’s what happened.  So you don’t have to worry about my idol anymore.  Right?  Right?  Right?!”

And then the way she had to repeat the story again at tribal.  Why?  For Jeff’s benefit?  For the jury’s benefit?  Because everyone who mattered had already heard the story.  She is completely clueless and has no idea how to read the room.  When Heidi said something about how sometimes someone will say something here and that completely changes what you think.  I think she was referring to Jamie. 

Jamie was protesting too much.  It didn’t work for the lady in “The Murder of Gonzago”, it didn’t work for her here. 

So who has an advantage still?  Is it just Carolyn with an idol and Lauren with an extra vote?   Or did Lauren give the extra vote to her at the Kane vote and not get it back?

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, blackwing said:

So who has an advantage still?  Is it just Carolyn with an idol and Lauren with an extra vote?   Or did Lauren give the extra vote to her at the Kane vote and not get it back?

Carolyn and Heidi both have an idol. Lauren's extra vote was used by Jaimie during the previous tribal council.

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, bunnyface said:

I like Carson well enough when he isn't being a jerk and telling us how smart he is.  But I would really like to see how he does with  puzzles he hasn't built at home and practiced a thousand times.  That will show whether he's as good as he tells us he is.  

Building the puzzles at home is a sign of his intelligence.  And practice shows he takes the game seriously, knows that his stature is such that he won't win the physical stuff, and is a credit to his determination.  I see it as no different than the others undoubtedly upping their physical training before going to Survivor.   Carson is honing his skills.  

• Like 12

"There's two I don't want to go home," I told the ancient spouse, thereby ensuring one of them would be out. You'd think I'd learn after all these seasons. 

I don't get their island romance, but I like that Frannie and Matt at least showed us some human connection. I'm sure Peachy is salivating at Danny making it further and whichever scientists grew Carson in their lab are probably getting a new round of funding. But I always enjoy a "stick with the plan" (RIP) or spilling the bucket of fish...the moments that go wrong and how they recover (or don't) and not just an inevitable march to the end. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

I do like that the voting this season seems all over the place, and that despite what they all say about them sticking to tribal alliances, the alliances don't seem solid.   Danny, Carson, Yam Yam, Lauren and Jamie voted for Frannie.  Carolyn and Frannie voted for Heidi.  Heidi voted for Danny.

Danny and Carson were able to convince Yam Yam to vote for Frannie because they told him that Carolyn's new #1 was Frannie.  How did they convince Lauren and Jamie to vote for Frannie?  At the reward I thought there was this women's alliance brewing and they were all going to vote out Danny.  Not sure exactly what happened.  The big losers here look like Heidi, who seemed to vote for her #1 Danny out of spite that he told her that they didn't need her vote, and Carolyn, who left Carson and Yam Yam and threw in with Frannie.

On 5/4/2023 at 6:22 AM, weaver said:

I guess I'm the only one who likes Carson and is rooting for him.   I like smart people who aren't necessarily physically threatening.  Love the way he goes through those puzzles.

I'll sit with you, Carson is my fave, I enjoy his quiet plotting to Yam Yam's bitching & Carolyn's bleating. (I swear if I'm not looking at the screen during a challenge she sounds like a goat.)

Jaime can go any day. Delusional. 

On 5/4/2023 at 6:55 AM, violet and green said:

I seem to be the only person on this thread who cheered when Frannie got voted out!

Nope. I was happy to see her go. Tired of the ooey-gooey googly sh*t at tribal and never felt she was a great strategist, I figured as soon as she didn't have immunity she'd be gone. 

On 5/4/2023 at 9:34 AM, storyskip said:

Yam Yam can go, I don't really find him compelling at all. and I liked Danny at first but I'm over his arrogance as the game has progressed. Well done Survivor Editors.

Yes, yes yes! I liked Danny in the beginning, now he's an arrogant prick. They better vote him out soon....

22 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Kane has nerves of steel - when Jamie told everyone at TC that he left with her (fake) idol, all eyes swung to him and he managed to maintain a great poker face.

I wish he would have laughed and said "It was fake Jamie, let it go."

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

And how the hell is Yam Yam still there?  Is he going to be a sacrificial goat in the end?  He has done ZERO in challenges and seems to basically flap his gums.  Yes, good naturedly and amusingly, but what is his contribution to anything important?

I'm really worried that Yam Yam is the second coming of Gabler. Nobody is targeting him. If he winds up in the final three with, say, Carolyn and Jamie, he might give some heartfelt speech that has the jury either laughing or crying while he also brags about sending home everyone who targeted him. Meanwhile neither Carolyn nor Jamie will be able to make a case for themselves because so far neither of them have really moved the game in any direction.

• Like 1
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Meanwhile neither Carolyn nor Jamie will be able to make a case for themselves 

Carolyn is so inarticulate. I don't think it is really possible for her to state a case for herself. That doesn't mean she couldn't still win with a bitter jury or a mass sympathy vote.

5 hours ago, eel21788 said:

Carolyn is so inarticulate. I don't think it is really possible for her to state a case for herself. That doesn't mean she couldn't still win with a bitter jury or a mass sympathy vote.

Carolyn was very articulate when relating her backstory. 

• Like 6

Erik explores Carson’s moral quandary:

carsons-moral-quandry-this-weeks-dabudoo
I’m going out on a limb . . . Yam Yam is Erik’s fave this season. He can be turned into so many different characters.

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

Frannie was her own worst enemy.  she won that overall immunity, orchestrating getting Matt out, when all she had to do was step down and both she and Matt would have been safe.  then she goes and wins a reward challenge that she didn't need to, and even then, she should have paid Danny back and took him.

Carolyn could have made a move this episode to save Frannie and that might have helped her game. but right now, no one is voting her off, they all want to go to the end with her because no one will vote for her to win.  she's just too chaotic.  

• Like 4

Meh.  I liked Frannie well enough, but her death sentence in this season was handed down the moment Matt started shuffling down the Path of Shame.  Nobody would want to sit beside Frannie when she already has at least one Jury vote on irrevocable lock.  
On the plus side, life should be a lot less boring for the Ponderosa maintenance staff, at least - now they get to reassemble the bedroom furniture from Matt’s and/or Frannie’s bungalows every night….  😉

On 5/4/2023 at 6:23 AM, Haleth said:

I'm sad Frannie was voted out but yeah, it was the best move for the other players.  I liked her spunk

One of my all-time favorite quotes, from the Mary Tyler Moore Show:

Lou Grant: You know, Mary, you've got spunk.   
Mary Richards: Why, thank you, Mr. Grant.   
Lou Grant: I hate spunk.

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
11 hours ago, Hanahope said:

they all want to go to the end with her because no one will vote for her to win

Won't they be surprised when they realize they underestimated her this whole time! I do hope she makes it to the end and does win.

• Like 3
On 5/5/2023 at 6:36 PM, ArtFossil said:

Carolyn was very articulate when relating her backstory. 

How many times has she recited that backstory? When it comes to spontaneous conversations, she isn't very articulate.

Frannie is ruled by food.  The PBJ sunk her boyfriend.  And the taco bar contributed to her ouster.  Her biggest fault in game was her inability to see the bigger picture of the game timeline.  Why would you ever make yourself a target by winning a reward challenge when you were winning immunity challenges?  She was good at winning the battle but lost the war.

• Like 2