Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Winds Do Not Blow As the Ships Wish

• Start Topic

Isabel goes head-to-head with Gabe's sister; Yohan embarrasses Daniele in front of her ex; Rishi gets blindsided; Mahmoud contemplates Nicole's desire to leave Egypt; Oussama breaks Debbie's heart.

First Look: 28/04/23; TLC: 30/04/23; Discovery+: 30/04/23;

• Like 2

Dull first look.

Gabe returns to Isabel. She admits that they don’t really know each other all that well and is apprehensive about meeting his family.

Daniele wants Yohan to meet her ex.

Mahmoud talks to his brother about Nicole suggesting he move to the US. It could be a few months before he gets a visa interview.

• Like 5

Jenn declares Rishi asked HER to marry HIM, like that is somehow important or relevant?  And she conveniently leaves out the part that a marriage proposal is actually a mutual agreement.  They’re both immature and annoying, her more so especially with her gang of whatever they are?  

Puppy dog Muttmoot is reconsidering going to the US now, does this mean their storyline continues? 😕

• Like 8
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, endure said:

Puppy dog Muttmoot is reconsidering going to the US now, does this mean their storyline continues? 😕

I think he will hate it here, women have waaay more freedom (for now, oy), then they do in Egypt and Nicole will embrace those freedoms like a kid in a candy shop and Mackmewd will not like it, the clothes that reveal a collar bone or and ankle, driving a car, drinking, etc...they need to call the time of death on this marriage.

• Like 12
  • Applause 1
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think he will hate it here, women have waaay more freedom (for now, oy), then they do in Egypt and Nicole will embrace those freedoms like a kid in a candy shop and Mackmewd will not like it, the clothes that reveal a collar bone or and ankle, driving a car, drinking, etc...they need to call the time of death on this marriage.

If she has trouble following the rules in a conservative environment such as Egypt, she will totally ditch them at home.   And his brother is right.  He won’t like it.  Plus, what exactly does he plan to do for income?   It isn’t like Nicole is some kind of wealthy professional who can support them both. 

• Like 11
  • Love 1
6 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

If she has trouble following the rules in a conservative environment such as Egypt, she will totally ditch them at home.   And his brother is right.  He won’t like it.  Plus, what exactly does he plan to do for income?   It isn’t like Nicole is some kind of wealthy professional who can support them both. 

Frankly I am shocked she can afford airfare to and from Egypt.

Mackmewd works in a fabric store, shares a home with his mother, his needs are few and probably has enough money for the basics, probably does not have to pay for healthcare in Egypt.  Nicole's income seems spotty at best, the Uber Eats and sporadic clothing sales I do not think she could qualify for the visa requirements and would have to get her parents to participate in their almost 40 year old daughters nonsense and they would decline, I do not think Mack The Knife will be back in town any time soon.

• Like 8
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

Nicole's income seems spotty at best, the Uber Eats and sporadic clothing sales I do not think she could qualify for the visa requirements and would have to get her parents to participate in their almost 40 year old daughters nonsense and they would decline, I do not think Mack The Knife will be back in town any time soon.

Does a Spousal visa have the same income/sponsorship requirements as a Fiance visa? We did see Nicole is in the US (brazenly baring her SHOULDER) in the previews for the Tell All and Mahmoud was shown remotely. 

I'm going to make a prediction here about the Tell All: Every one of the Americans is back in the US and no longer together with the foreigners or else the foreigner is moving here. The success rate of The Other Way is abysmal. 

• Like 11
  • Applause 2
(edited)

I thank the Universe I was not born in India.

My heart is breaking for Rishi. There's no doubt in my mind he loves Jen.

I don't know if the outcome would have been any different had he told his mother and uncle two months later, after they'd had an opportunity to get to know Jen a bit better, but having a brazen, American woman who they didn't know insert herself in a family matter that was none of her damn business certainly didn't help. 

I hope Randi and Myra rot.

In other news - and I posted this earlier this evening in the previous episode's forum:

"L.A. hosts the fourth largest number of Muslims in the United States. When the estimated 500,000 Muslims living in the greater Los Angeles area are included, Los Angeles hosts the second largest number of Muslims among U.S. cities." - Wikipedia

Also according to Wikipedia, L.A. has the second largest concentration of Egyptians in the U.S. (N.Y. is #1).

The point being if Mahmoud does come to LA., and if Nicole is proactive in getting him in touch with the large Muslim community generally, and the Egyptian community specifically, he'll have the support he needs to acclimate to life there as an Egyptian Muslim and may even find employment through contacts he makes in those communities as well. 

ETA: If I were Nicole, while waiting for Mahmoud's visa approval I'd be visiting every mosque within a reasonable distance from my home, speaking to the women I meet there, looking for a more liberal mosque. They do exist. And when I found one, I'd start attending it regularly because when Mahmoud arrived, he'd be more likely to attend that mosque willingly if he knew I'd been attending it too. 

ETA #2: Or Nicole could just look online. Like I just did. Look what I found:

MPV Unity Mosque, Los Angeles, CA
5998 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90035-2657 

The azan, prayer and khutbah may be led by a man or a woman, and the congregants pray and are seated together. Individual men and women can choose to stand/sit to one side or the other if they prefer.

*Muslims for Progressive Values

Edited by TwirlyGirly
Spelling/2nd Edit added info re: mosque
  • Like 4
  • Applause 2
  • Useful 9
  • Love 2
(edited)

It occurred to me watching Gabe and Isabel that Isabel is a nicer, milder version of Monica.  They have the same dynamic-on some level, Gabe is terrified of displeasing Isabel, just as he's terrified of Monica.  When either of the women in his life question him or scold him for anything, he hides in his shirt like a turtle.  There goes Monica being pushy, and he says nothing.  I contrast this with Johan, who would tell Monica to *&^(( off.

Speaking of which, okay, that made me spit up a bit.  These two are just poisonous and that was difficult to watch.

An almost 50-year old woman should have the common sense to realize that if your love is keeping you a secret and will not even tell his family about you (because he knows the result), he is not a match for you.  She should realize this before: 1) moving to India, and 2) recruiting your pushy friends to invade someone else's home and break life-changing and disrupting news.  Jen had all the information she needed about six episodes and many months ago.  Yes, Rishi was wishy-washy but Jen should have taken the high road and admitted it wasn't going to work.  Now his parents are angry and he's broken-hearted.  That's a lot of pain for nothing.

I get what others have pointed out that Mahmood can find an Egyptian community in America, but I think that wouldn't cover up the fact that they're just incompatible.  Mahmood will clutch his pearls at the sight of wanton American women!   What do they have in common?  All the "conversations" I've seen have something to do with clothing.

Debbie needs to go home, but I fear that not only does she stay, but she goes back to Oussama.

Edited by AR Traveler
  • Like 9
  • Applause 2
  • Love 3

Gabe's sister is just another mean girl. I see from the preview that she's going to refuse to be at the wedding. Doesn't care who she alienates. Bad move after Isabel was so gracious.

Surprised that Rishi had been so honest. Not so surprised that his mother was a more polite version of Sumit's mother. Them's the rules in India.

I had great hopes for Debbie packing up and leaving, but hearing her say "love conquers all" gave me chills. So Oussama thinks she should just ignore when he says nasty things while angry. He thinks that should give him carte blanche to be as abusive as he wants to.

On 4/29/2023 at 7:54 AM, Baltimore Betty said:

He apparently hasn't even considered she is probably hoping the clothing wars will be over, and she apparently hasn't considered that just because western women don't dress according to Egyptian rules doesn't mean he will change his ideas.

• Like 7
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
4 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

Muslims for Progressive Values

I don’t think Mahmoud would approve. There would probably be many Nouran types there that he would consider bad influences. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
8 hours ago, TwirlyGirly said:

I thank the Universe I was not born in India.

My heart is breaking for Rishi. There's no doubt in my mind he loves Jen.

I don't know if the outcome would have been any different had he told his mother and uncle two months later, after they'd had an opportunity to get to know Jen a bit better, but having a brazen, American woman who they didn't know insert herself in a family matter that was none of her damn business certainly didn't help. 

I hope Randi and Myra rot.

In other news - and I posted this earlier this evening in the previous episode's forum:

"L.A. hosts the fourth largest number of Muslims in the United States. When the estimated 500,000 Muslims living in the greater Los Angeles area are included, Los Angeles hosts the second largest number of Muslims among U.S. cities." - Wikipedia

Also according to Wikipedia, L.A. has the second largest concentration of Egyptians in the U.S. (N.Y. is #1).

The point being if Mahmoud does come to LA., and if Nicole is proactive in getting him in touch with the large Muslim community generally, and the Egyptian community specifically, he'll have the support he needs to acclimate to life there as an Egyptian Muslim and may even find employment through contacts he makes in those communities as well. 

ETA: If I were Nicole, while waiting for Mahmoud's visa approval I'd be visiting every mosque within a reasonable distance from my home, speaking to the women I meet there, looking for a more liberal mosque. They do exist. And when I found one, I'd start attending it regularly because when Mahmoud arrived, he'd be more likely to attend that mosque willingly if he knew I'd been attending it too. 

ETA #2: Or Nicole could just look online. Like I just did. Look what I found:

MPV Unity Mosque, Los Angeles, CA
5998 W Pico Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90035-2657 

The azan, prayer and khutbah may be led by a man or a woman, and the congregants pray and are seated together. Individual men and women can choose to stand/sit to one side or the other if they prefer.

*Muslims for Progressive Values

Sadly you put much more thought and effort than any of the yahoos will.  And all you did was google for like what? 5 mins?

• Like 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 3

In the previews of the Tell All, Nicole is wearing an outfit that seems to be a representation of their conflict.   On side has a full sleeve and covers her chest and shoulder.  The other, no sleeve and bares her shoulder.   

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1

I admit I turned it off with about 30 mins to go when they went back to Isabel and GAbe. I like Isabel and her family. Gabe just seems a bit....smarmy? Someone in a thread about a previous episode said it well--seems like he has gotten away with a lot by giving an aw shucks look and shrug. When his sister asked if Isabel spoke any English at all I wanted Isabel to ask her, so how much Spanish do YOU speak?? Very rude. 

I felt for Debbie but was proud that she put her foot down and got a cab and high tailed it out of there. Oussama looked pissed and I have no doubt he will try to woo her back, as her son said. I thought her son was very sweet with her on the call and he was absolutely right---it was not the time to say i told you so (although he was kind of saying that by saying that lol) but rather to get her TF out of there. I am sure he wanted to say what I was thinking when she went on and on about this not being the man she knew, that they had so many great moments together---YOU DIDN'T FREAKIN KNOW HIM!!!! It was all over text, so probably a script he has been sending to multiple foreign ladies. Run, Debbie, run. 

Yohan and Danielle.....he is correct that a spouse should take priority over friends. However, he was super rude to her friend and I agree he just wanted to make her squirm. How tall IS Yohan?? 

Jen and Rishi....oh boy. I think this was the first time I looked and her and thought, wow she is UGLY. It was just so wrong, the three harpies sitting there interrogating his sweet mother. FFS Jen, you are almost 50 and you needed a "squad" of bishes to be there and double check that you asked all the questions you needed to ask? That translator had to feel awkward AF. How could she have lived there, plan to live there and still be so clueless about the culture? Of course he is expected to live with his family even after marriage, that is the tradition and they are counting on him to be there to support and help. She just wants to have her version of Eat, Pray, Love and pick a fancy apt in Mumbai and live out this romantic fantasy life she has built in her mind.  

• Like 10
  • Applause 7

I usually end up going to bed before the whole episode ends but I planned on sticking it out until 10 last night because I wanted to watch what went down with Debbie and Oussama.  I was enjoying where that whole story was going, what with her basically telling him to go pound salt and all but then they showed a clip of her coming up after the commercial break talking about how she "missed her buddy and her poet" and blah blah blah.  So, I'm taking it she of course stayed and made up with him or some such bullshit so I just went to bed.  🙄

• Like 4
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wow where to begin. All of these people are a miserable mess. Not a happy one in the bunch. 

First of all, I want to punch Jen and her buddies in the face! Jen breaks ( or her friends do, actually) the engagement news to Rishi's parents and that's not enough of a shocker. Jen has to go ahead and tell them she wants to live in Mumbai. What a total bitch! That couldn't wait until the dust settles with the engagement news? She's 48 going on 12. Where is Rishi's dad? Did he pass away so this is why the family expects Rishi to care for them? I know sons are expected to do this in many Indian families.  I think the parents were trying to wrap their head around the engagement news but when they found out Jen's age is when they flipped out. Does Rishi not want children? Has he even thought about that? He seemed devastated by what his parents told him and I can't figure out why. He can't possibly be so in love with Jen, could he?  There's lots of adorable Indian girls like the translator that would make a great wife. Why this old has been Jennnnnnn? 

Gabe and Isobel- I've had about enough of his sister. Why does the mother sit back and let this miserable woman run the show? Tell her to STFU already! Isobel was being perfectly friendly and charming and this ho just sits there with her nasty comments and accusations. So she doesn't speak English. Does sister speak spanish?  Gabe needs speak up to set her straight asap! 

Yohan is being childish. How tall are you? What's your shoe size? How big is your dick? I can't stand Daniele but that would be reason enough to dump Yohan right there. Her friend didn't deserve the attitude. He should just disappear in his pink flamingo attire and go live his live. He told Yohan he had no intention of ever getting together with Daniele so let it go already. He doesn't live in the DR anyway, does he? so how often is he going to be around? 

Hmmmm let's see. Makkmood wants Nicole to follow Egyptian traditions in Egypt but Nicole thinks if she gets him to America he will change is mind about it all? Girl. Leave him alone and just go home. It's never going to work. 

Debbie and Oussama. He actually thinks if he comes to America he will make it big with his silly paintings and poetry? Why doesn't Debbie tell him how difficult it is to make it in America? She hasn't had enough lies and abuse from him yet. Get ready for round 2. 

Jeymi and Kris- depressing. Kris the full blown addict and Jeymi who doesn't want to work.  Enough said about that. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Like 11
  • Love 3
13 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Debbie and Oussama. He actually thinks if he comes to America he will make it big with his silly paintings and poetry?

Lord Byron, he ain't.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 7
13 hours ago, AR Traveler said:

and 2) recruiting your pushy friends to invade someone else's home and break life-changing and disrupting news. 

I actually like Jen, but this move was way over the top unacceptable behavior. It was cringe-worthy watching Jen's intrusive, entitled "ugly stepsisters" overstep their boundaries and insert there judgemental selves into an Indian home, with their rude questioning. What gives them that right? I'm sure they felt like they "saved the day" and "we have each other's back, even if we have to fly across the world to support our friend, proving how special we really are." I didn't care for Jen's smug look after getting her answers and the parents' approval (which was short-lived). Meanwhile, Rishi just sat there, silent, stunned, practically folding into himself. I wish he read Jen and the two U-stepsisters the riot act, regardless of the outcome.

• Like 4
  • Applause 6
Just now, Breedom said:

Meanwhile, Rishi just sat there, silent, stunned, practically folding into himself.

Yes...and while I appreciate the sensitivity he would need to navigate telling his family he wants to marry this older mean American woman, I do think he is pretty spineless. I mean, what he said in the talking head vs what he said to her afterwards were totally different. When they walked outside and the two evil friends went with the translator to the cafe to give them space, he should have told her how he really felt. That she really sort of screwed it all up by not waiting the two months, that he DOES have obligations to stay near the family even if they aren't in teh same home the same city at least. And that he wished her friends had never opened their mouths. Now I can't even recall----did JEN break the news or did her "certified interventionist" do the dirty work for her? His mother said it all in her talking head----they weren't about to be rude in front of a group of people. They most def will NOT be ok with this when they have a chance to digest it. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 5
33 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Where is Rishi's dad? Did he pass away so this is why the family expects Rishi to care for them? I know sons are expected to do this in many Indian families. 

He said when we "met" him that his father was deceased and he was now the man of the house and had to take care of his mother. I think Jen led him to believe that she'd be okay living nearby but not with his family, then tonight she said she'd prefer to live in Mumbai which must have come as a shock not only to his mother, but to Rishi himself. 

36 minutes ago, bichonblitz said:

Why doesn't Debbie tell him how difficult it is to make it in America?

I think Debbie actually encouraged him that his art and poetry were outstanding and since she thought she was the one moving, she never had the discussion about the difficulty of making it in the US. 

• Like 6
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, Stuckathome said:

Now I can't even recall----did JEN break the news or did her "certified interventionist" do the dirty work for her? His mother said it all in her talking head----they weren't about to be rude in front of a group of people.

I think Randi was the one who actually used the words "relationship" and "engagement" and Rishi's mother was too stunned to react. She kept her composure and said it was "okay" in front of everyone. Sumit's mother did the same thing when he told his mother he was marrying Jenny then she went ballistic and retracted her decision later when Jenny wasn't there. These poor women put on the spot on American television when someone drops a bombshell on them, how are they expected to react? 

• Like 7
  • Sad 1
  • Applause 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

Why this old has been Jennnnnnn? 

I assume that he and Sumit find American women to be exotic.

The flight from Miami to Colombia is just 3.5 hours and Gabe’s mom was too tired to go to lunch?  She just wanted to avoid the drama.

1 hour ago, bichonblitz said:

He actually thinks if he comes to America he will make it big with his silly paintings and poetry?

He said there is no market for art or poetry in Morocco but maybe it’s just his art and poetry there is no demand for.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 10

Jen is an idiot. That whole setup was like when you dragged your friend in to ask your parents if your friend can stay for dinner/spend the night RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM. 🙄 Of COURSE his mother & uncle were all "sure, we're fine! Great!" to Jen's face and Rishi acted like he was 'so happy' because they really didn't have much other choice. However, you KNOW they were looking for any item to become a deal-breaker for them, and they were lucky to have Jen's geriatric age to toss out there as the "NO GO!!!" item (I kid; I'm older than Jen and she's not geriatric).

Gabe's sister is all butthurt because Gabe is going to leave Florida and have a new family. There's that saying "A son is a son until he gets a wife...", and Monica is here to stomp her foot into the sand, wave her fist in the air, and scream, "¡NUNCA NUNCA NUNCA!" What an asshole.

Well, I guess we've gotten our answer as to why we've had negligible screen time for Debbie and Oussama. Again, what an asshole.

Glad we got a break from Methadone, Alabama today and poor, persecuted Jeymi whining about how she can't get a job in Colombia (even though she HAD a job in Colombia previously).

I love how Nicole thinks that A.) she's going to easily get a visa for Macccchhhmoooood, and B.) her problems will be solved when Macccchhhmoood moves to LA. I'm sure that he'll be MUCH more easygoing and not controlling at all in LA! I'm sure his homesickness will absolutely not exacerbate his negative feelings toward Nicole or anything! 🙄

I forwarded through Daniele and Yohan because she's an evil little troll and deserves whatever is coming to her in that relationship. Go find another Dominican that actually makes good money that can pay off your bankruptcies and parking tickets and toll enforcement violations.

• Like 5
  • Fire 3
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3
4 hours ago, bichonblitz said:

Debbie and Oussama. He actually thinks if he comes to America he will make it big with his silly paintings and poetry? Why doesn't Debbie tell him how difficult it is to make it in America?

I like the way you put that, bichonblitz. So that's Ossama's life dream; sit around in the US painting his little portraits and writing a poem here and there and having an endless money stream going into his bank account. I don't think so. It doesn't work like that. Who would want his stuff anyway?

Ossama was despicable. Who does he think he is, some big catch? Debbie is not an old feeble woman looking for any little worm that comes along. She's still a vibrant woman who deserves someone that treats her like a Queen, not some little nobody whose plan is to use someone solely for his benefit. What a selfish little liar. I think Debbie is going to be in denial for a bit then head home alone, leaving her little loser boyfriend disappointed and angry that his plan didn't work. GOOD. He deserves nothing for pulling that and messing big time with Debbie's feelings. It's going to take some time for her to get over this and bounce back.

Gabe and Isabel? I muted there scenes.

• Like 8
  • Love 3

Oh, sweet Summer child Oussama! Thinks America is the land of milk & honey for artists! 🤣😆 Imagine his utter devastation if he ever gets here! Who told him America values art and poetry? How apt that both Oussama and Debbie were both deluding themselves. She thought she could parlay their odd connection into an artist's retirement in Morocco; he thought he had his hooks in a US visa.

The drama surrounding Gabe & Isabel's wedding feels manufactured to me. What feels genuine is that Gabe fiddles with his beard or lips when he's anxious.

As much as I loathe Danielle, I have to say that outside of insisting on meeting Yohan, (which could have been producer fuckery)  Taylen seemed pretty chill. But something HAS to be off for him to be so fond of Danielle, who is obviously a shrew. And now we also see Yohan's assholish side slipping out, too. Interesting that Taylen said he hadn't seen "the emotional side" of Danielle. I thought they were live-in lovers for a few months - but I guess he saw more of her back side than her emotional side. I swear, that lady MUST be a witch, because how else is she getting these dudes??

Rishi's mom brought up a point I hadn't really thought about for some reason: children. Of course Rishi's mom wants grandkids! And she expected her son to care for her in her old age, not for his elderly wife. Does Jen even want kids? Does Rishi? Have they talked about it? They had to have known that topic would come up. Seriously, what was their plan?

I didn't miss Nicole and Mahmoud's story this week, but I did miss seeing the Blouse or Hat of the Week. 

• Like 7
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1
7 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

But something HAS to be off for him to be so fond of Danielle, who is obviously a shrew.

I think she was supporting him for those five months.  She could teach remotely during the pandemic but he couldn’t play basketball.  So he likely was expected to service her for the free room and board and once he found some way to earn again he was outta there.

• Like 3
18 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

he likely was expected to service her for the free room and board and once he found some way to earn again he was outta there.

Rings true. Although evidently, Danielle (who I keep mis-typing as Damnielle.. lol) was also living rent-free, as she left owing something like $60k in back-rent. So looks like eeeeeerrrrryyyybodddddy got screwed.

• LOL 5
49 minutes ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Rings true. Although evidently, Danielle (who I keep mis-typing as Damnielle.. lol) was also living rent-free, as she left owing something like $60k in back-rent. So looks like eeeeeerrrrryyyybodddddy got screwed.

Maybe that’s part of the reason why she didn’t pay her NYC rent because she was renting in Miami simultaneously and couldn’t swing both.  Although you would think a landlord would run a credit check because even if her rent in NYC was the $4k she claims it would take quite a while to get $60k in “arrears.”

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

Although you would think a landlord would run a credit check because even if her rent in NYC was the $4k she claims it would take quite a while to get $60k in “arrears.”

Wasn't there some kind of rent freeze (at least there was in NYC) during Covid? I'm sure Danielle would have taken every opportunity NOT to pay the landlord. 

3 hours ago, lightninggirl said:

Monica is here to stomp her foot into the sand, wave her fist in the air, and scream, "¡NUNCA NUNCA NUNCA!"

Except Monica "don't speak no Spanish" so she would have said "Never Never Never!" 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
16 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Wasn't there some kind of rent freeze (at least there was in NYC) during Covid? I'm sure Danielle would have taken every opportunity NOT to pay the landlord. 

Yeah you probably should have had to prove you were unemployed.  I was able to work remotely so my cost of living was actually less because I wasn’t commuting, going to restaurants and bars, needing dry cleaning, etc.  

19 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Except Monica "don't speak no Spanish" so she would have said "Never Never Never!"

How can you live in Miami and know zero Spanish?  Even without taking it in school you would pick some up just being out and about.  His family appears to be Latinx so it makes it even more strange.

• Like 5
  • Useful 1

What makes me sad is thinking that these participants are just fine with their behaviors and manipulations-especially thinking they will be on t.v. and become beloved and/or famous.  I'm sure that Nicole thinks she will become a style icon, Gabe thinks he will become a trans spokesperson, Jen thinks she will be celebrated for her strength in demanding answers, Debbie for her childlike love and artistic style, Kris for her ability to score drugs wherever she is, and Daniele for her business sense, rightness, and lovability.  I can never understand why various participants are willing to appear shrewish and ignorant.  I wanted to give kudos to Debbie for realizing the errors she made, but then she seemed like she was going to take Oussama back (and I would bet she is the reason he thinks he would become a wealthy artist and poet as she probably praised his work non-stop).

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Gabe gets on my nerves.  He appears to be a messy troublemaker.  He would have his sister believe that Isabel is bossy and is talking smack about her and then tell Isabel that his sister thinks she is controlling and doesn't like her.  Why?  Can somebody please explain to me how Gabe's mom is Puerto Rican, lives in Miami and doesn't speak Spanish? 

• Like 12
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, seacliffsal said:

What makes me sad is thinking that these participants are just fine with their behaviors and manipulations-especially thinking they will be on t.v. and become beloved and/or famous.  I'm sure that Nicole thinks she will become a style icon, Gabe thinks he will become a trans spokesperson, Jen thinks she will be celebrated for her strength in demanding answers, Debbie for her childlike love and artistic style, Kris for her ability to score drugs wherever she is, and Daniele for her business sense, rightness, and lovability.  I can never understand why various participants are willing to appear shrewish and ignorant.  I wanted to give kudos to Debbie for realizing the errors she made, but then she seemed like she was going to take Oussama back (and I would bet she is the reason he thinks he would become a wealthy artist and poet as she probably praised his work non-stop).

Unless she has contacts in the art world, and even in her own city, praising Oussama’s art accomplishes little. He needs a website, some sales, making connections with folks who can refer him to friends or folks who will buy.

• Like 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Unless she has contacts in the art world, and even in her own city, praising Oussama’s art accomplishes little. He needs a website, some sales, making connections with folks who can refer him to friends or folks who will buy.

I don't think Oussama realizes that. He just sees Debbie as a ticket to the land of opportunity. But realistically, his art and poetry are very amateurish and Debbie is probably the only person who has ever encouraged him. 

Thinking more about it, Debbie reminds me of a very sweet, encouraging schoolteacher who thinks everything her students create is wonderful and praiseworthy. 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 10
  • LOL 2
9 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Can somebody please explain to me how Gabe's mom is Puerto Rican, lives in Miami and doesn't speak Spanish? 

That truly is amazing and what's more amazing is Sister Gabe being shocked that Isobel does not speak English! 

• Like 4
  • Applause 3

Gabe really hams it up for the cameras.  He's the first person on this show to really do that, or that I've at least noticed.  He looks for the cameras before he pulls one of his exaggerated facial expressions. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
13 hours ago, FrancescaFiore said:

Oh, sweet Summer child Oussama! Thinks America is the land of milk & honey for artists! 🤣😆 Imagine his utter devastation if he ever gets here! Who told him America values art and poetry?

This reminded me of something the tour guide said when I was doing a tour of Washington, DC.  "Why did James Smithson fund the Smithsonian Institutes for the US?  Because he wanted to give Americans some culture."  LOL. True or false, i thought it was funny.

But you are right.  Probably cause Debbie thought his stuff was the next Andy Warhol and Robert Frost he thinks he's hot shit and can make it well in the States. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
35 minutes ago, Cementhead said:

Gabe really hams it up for the cameras.  He's the first person on this show to really do that, or that I've at least noticed.  He looks for the cameras before he pulls one of his exaggerated facial expressions. 

I think he hears sad trombone and rim shots in his head while films his scenes.

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
32 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I think he hears sad trombone and rim shots in his head while films his scenes.

I hear the loser horn from "Price is Right" during his scenes.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 9

Regardless of how the evil stepsisters broke the news, the result would always have been the same - Rishi's family gives a hard NO to marriage to a much older American while also moving out of the family home, along with his family financial support.  Rishi is delusional to think that waiting a couple months until the stars aligned would bring a different outcome. 

I laughed at Yohan making an @ss of himself with Dannielle's ex.  I bet he was thinking "She wants to force him on me so bad, I'll make her regret it" and was just as rude as he knew how to be toward her ex. 

Gabe's sister is going out of her way to be as bitchy as possible, what IS up with that???

• Like 8
  • Applause 2
1 hour ago, suzeecat said:

Rishi is delusional to think that waiting a couple months until the stars aligned would bring a different outcome

Maybe he was just buying time and by August he would have come up with another excuse

• Like 2
  • Applause 5
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Regardless of how the evil stepsisters broke the news, the result would always have been the same - Rishi's family gives a hard NO to marriage

Looking forward to the ugly stepsisters, aka adult BFF's to find out that they had zero impact on anything and that their flying out to India was all for naught. Their efforts and intrusive questioning didn't give them the result they wanted. These two need to head home and learn some manners.

Did I read or see something where Gabe and Isabel get married in next week's show? How utterly boring. I don't ever want to see them in a spin-off or Pillow Talk.

I do want to see what happens between Jeymi and Kris. I hope Jeymi realizes she's made a major mistake and ends it with the runaway Kris, who can't cope with even having a conversation with Jeymi - it's all so "hard" for her. Pathtic.

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
2 hours ago, suzeecat said:

Regardless of how the evil stepsisters broke the news, the result would always have been the same - Rishi's family gives a hard NO to marriage to a much older American while also moving out of the family home, along with his family financial support.  Rishi is delusional to think that waiting a couple months until the stars aligned would bring a different outcome. 

I laughed at Yohan making an @ss of himself with Dannielle's ex.  I bet he was thinking "She wants to force him on me so bad, I'll make her regret it" and was just as rude as he knew how to be toward her ex. 

Gabe's sister is going out of her way to be as bitchy as possible, what IS up with that???

Ahhh, but the horoscope thing is part of either his religious or cultural beliefs, not a Rishi quirk. 

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

And then they display Archie Bunker’s chair and Fonzie’s leather jacket.

And Carol Burnett's Scarlet O'Hara's curtain dress.

I love the Smithsonian Museums, nothing wrong with a little pop culture and who knows maybe one day there will be an exhibit with "the red bag with make up in it" and Kris's "very rare motorcycle!"

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
2 minutes ago, DEL901 said:

Ahhh, but the horoscope thing is part of either his religious or cultural beliefs, not a Rishi quirk. 

Didn’t an astrologer tell Sumit’s mom to get with the marriage and she did?  But only temporarily so I guess it doesn’t have that much sway.

Just now, Baltimore Betty said:

And Carol Burnett's Scarlet O'Hara's curtain dress.

I love the Smithsonian Museums, nothing wrong with a little pop culture and who knows maybe one day there will be an exhibit with "the red bag with make up in it" and Kris's "very rare motorcycle!"

Yeah I was just kidding. 

• Wink 1