Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E13: Winds Do Not Blow As the Ships Wish

• Start Topic

16 hours ago, Adeejay said:

Gabe gets on my nerves.  He appears to be a messy troublemaker.  He would have his sister believe that Isabel is bossy and is talking smack about her and then tell Isabel that his sister thinks she is controlling and doesn't like her.  Why?  Can somebody please explain to me how Gabe's mom is Puerto Rican, lives in Miami and doesn't speak Spanish? 

Gabe loves the drama so much that he makes up his own!

• Like 6
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

That truly is amazing and what's more amazing is Sister Gabe being shocked that Isobel does not speak English! 

But Isabel does speak some English, doesn't she? At least she did in earlier episodes but lately not at all. I can't believe Monica doesn't speak any Spanish, either. Even I'm beginning to understand some between the DR and Colombia. 

I have wondered from the beginning about Rishi and Jen and kids. Maybe he doesn't want them?

Poor Debbie. I don't know what she saw in that unfortunate looking man, but he has really shown his true colors. I suspect she'll allow herself to be sweet talked for a bit and then hopefully will come back to her senses. 

• Like 4
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, MrBuhBye said:

And then they display Archie Bunker’s chair and Fonzie’s leather jacket.

And Julia Child's kitchen. That's called pop culture and the Smithsonian is made up of a number of museums that feature a broad, broad range of art forms. And the museums are free!

• Like 1
  • Love 1
28 minutes ago, politichick said:

And Julia Child's kitchen. That's called pop culture and the Smithsonian is made up of a number of museums that feature a broad, broad range of art forms. And the museums are free!

Yeah I was joking.

• Like 4

I think he hears sad trombone and rim shots in his head while films his scenes.

And I've seen him do a lot this at least once per show.  He's very animated.

Season 3 Wall GIF by The Simpsons

GIF by The Simpsons

• LOL 4
On 5/1/2023 at 12:08 PM, bichonblitz said:

Wow where to begin. All of these people are a miserable mess. Not a happy one in the bunch. 

First of all, I want to punch Jen and her buddies in the face! Jen breaks ( or her friends do, actually) the engagement news to Rishi's parents and that's not enough of a shocker. 

Debbie and Oussama. He actually thinks if he comes to America he will make it big with his silly paintings and poetry? Why doesn't Debbie tell him how difficult it is to make it in America? She hasn't had enough lies and abuse from him yet. Get ready for round 2. 

Friend of Jen is a jealous asshole who is blowing all of this up because she can’t stand to see Jen happy.  Why does she think it’s ok to be the bearer of the news??  She sucks, she’s been trying to break them up from the beginning, trying to catfish Rishi.

Did you see Ossama’s painting in the cemetery(?) or wherever they were “quietly” painting?  It looks like my kids 1st grade “art.”  He thinks he’s going to make it big in the US!  

On 5/1/2023 at 1:35 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I wear a size 13 shoe and believe me that it doesn’t mean anything.

What about hand size?

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
10 minutes ago, heatherchandler said:

Friend of Jen is a jealous asshole who is blowing all of this up because she can’t stand to see Jen happy.  Why does she think it’s ok to be the bearer of the news??  She sucks, she’s been trying to break them up from the beginning, trying to catfish Rishi.

Did you see Ossama’s painting in the cemetery(?) or wherever they were “quietly” painting?  It looks like my kids 1st grade “art.”  He thinks he’s going to make it big in the US!  

What about hand size?

I thought the painting was a kid’s desert version of the Scream.  

• Like 2
  • LOL 6
(edited)
6 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I’ve heard nose size but haven’t researched .

Would that apply to Kris? 

Just wanted to share this creepy photo of her. She looks like someone off those Gypsy Wedding shows: image.png.6b6a673740a275e14d4982a0c80ceb6c.png

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 1
  • LOL 8
15 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Just wanted to share this creepy photo of her. She looks like someone off those Gypsy Wedding shows:

Yikes. Scary. I can't say I'm into the 70's furniture, either. A woman of no taste all around.

• Like 1
On 5/1/2023 at 2:28 PM, MrBuhBye said:

I assume that he and Sumit find American women to be exotic.

Ha! there is no way Summit found 60 something yr old grandma Jenny exotic. Wasn't he catfishing her at first? I think he was looking for someone to send him money. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

Debbie being surprised that a younger guy from a third world country wanting to use her for a Visa is the embodiment of what this whole season has been. No shit, Sherlock. 

Danielle is still a bitch. Popeye and Olive Oil are still annoying. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

I would be very skeptical of a 20-25 year old man paying me attention. Flattered, yes. The romance scammers now are increasingly sophisticated and sometimes the target doesn’t see it until it is way too late. Being a patron of the arts is one thing. Debbie should be questioning if Oussama’s sister or other family or friends helped out with his Debbie romance. I would not have been gung ho to go to the family farm and would arrange my own accommodation and transportation til my Spidey sense gets an idea where I am and who Oussama is live in the flesh.

Rishi needs to be upfront with his family that he does not want the typical Indian life, may not want kids, may not want to live by family expectations. As the male heir, he would have expectations to carry the lineage. He can love Jen, but not be with her. Stop wasting her time.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Not sure who you mean (but they’re ALL annoying) 

Sorry. I meant Machchchchmood-swing and the Dutch Boy paint logo. I keep telling my wife she looks like Olive Oil in a blonde wig. 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
(edited)
23 hours ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I love the Smithsonian Museums, nothing wrong with a little pop culture and who knows maybe one day there will be an exhibit with "the red bag with make up in it" and Kris's "very rare motorcycle!"

That might be a fun thing for us to do in the Small Talk forum in the down time between episodes, "What would you put on display in the 90 Day Fiance Museum?" 

I have created a forum posting for your donations over on Small Talk 

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 2
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 3
12 minutes ago, JayDub1987 said:

I keep telling my wife she looks like Olive Oil in a blonde wig. 

Pedro's sister is MY Olive Oyl, but that's a different show 

• Applause 1
  • LOL 2

I can't figure out Rishi's deal.

How could he find Jen attractive?  Apparently they haven't had sex yet, so he's going on 3+ years?

He doesn't seem to have the "U.S. Visa" angle, nor does Jen seem to be sending him much money.

So what is it?

My latest theory:  he's gay, and the longer he puts Jen off, the longer he has to figure out how to break that giant chunk of news.  Again, just a theory.

Her friends are heinous.  

• Like 2
  • Useful 2
(edited)
4 hours ago, DEL901 said:

I thought the painting was a kid’s desert version of the Scream.  

I said the same thing and that it was grafted onto a diagram of the female reproductive system. And that the artist should be an inpatient somewhere. 

One of the problems this season is I can't think of anyone I'd call likeable--except Debbie, the translator, and Mama Sumit on Valium. Each troglodyte the show rolled out was worse than the one before. Even the older brother of Mockmood gave me the creeps as he conjured his evil plots over dominoes. Sometimes he looked Telly Savalas sexy and other times like a thug who'd make Nicole an offer she can't refuse.   

The trio from Oklahoma offers a parade of facial oddness. Jen's mouth takes up almost half her face, and the constant work makes her skin look like Play-Doh dipped in Mop 'n Glow. I think Randi's auditioning to get a show, e.g., the next Elvira. She had the satin tent to swish around with a black bra strap hanging out, as if to inviting someone like Rishi's uncle to "step into my parlor." Since my eyebrows are light and have dropped with age, I think I'll try painting on those Angry Brows. I'll be more intimidating, so that if I say crazy stuff with poor timing (and whip out a "certification" probably done in 6 months online), I'll get away with it.    

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
(edited)
23 minutes ago, Starlight925 said:

I can't figure out Rishi's deal.

How could he find Jen attractive?  Apparently they haven't had sex yet, so he's going on 3+ years?

They had spent weeks and months together in the past and...(you know). So R was flabbergasted when J showed up this season and said no. No wonder he's been stuffing his face instead. I think she's trying to "save it for marriage" to sweeten the deal.  

Edited by Tuneful
  • Like 2
(edited)

Re:  Oussama's painting.  Yes, The Scream, but done in one of those "Paint & Sip" places.  

Yes, Oussama, America wants to buy your pre-Goodwill giveaway bag painting.  Looks like it's from a drunk ladies' night.  One of those paintings that sits in your garage until it finally makes its way to the charity bag, where even the neediest of people use it to throw darts.

Danielle gets on my last nerve.  She's so....what is it, arrogant?  cocky?  Like, she thinks she's Cindy Crawford wrapped up in Gwyneth Paltrow.  More like Cookie Monster meets Oscar the Grouch.

She loves that these men are "fighting" over her.  She has a severe case of narcissism, and she loves to triangulate.  So she sits there and "complains" that Yohan is jealous of her friend, while her friend clearly has no interest in her.  He just wanted someone to hang with in the D.R.  He didn't want her when he had her.  Yohan is probably being secretly paid extra American cash to play the jealous husband, asking about shoe size.  What a stupid storyline.

Edited by Starlight925
  • Like 3
  • Fire 2
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

Pedro's sister is MY Olive Oyl, but that's a different show 

A couple of them are channeling Shelly Duvall.  
Now I am picturing Nicole in The Shining and Mahmoud with an axe.

Edited by MrBuhBye
  • LOL 4

As for Mockmoodswing, I do remember him saying something that indicated to me he would still expect the same Egyptian/Muslim thing if he came to the US. He said something to his brother that rules would stay the same?

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
(edited)

Keeping with this season's theme of No Shit Sherlock, Jenn 

Spoiler

is on social media bashing Rishi's family, essentially calling them racists because they expressed that they do not want a darker skinned daughter in law and that Uncle is just awful because he called a disabled brother "useless." She mentions this and then asks if people still think she and her friends were unfair to the family. Um, sorry but still a big YES. Not that I condone it, but it is pretty well known that Indian culture values lighter skin (uh, caste system anyone?) and in terms of a disabled person being "useless" again, horrible, but not out of line in that culture. A friend of mine, Indian born in the US, had a cousin in India with downs syndrome. He was routinely referred to as a "half person." And if you look to the younger generation to financially and physically support you in your elder years, then yes, a disabled male would be considered "useless." It is what it is....doesn't excuse the ugly American behavior either. 

Edited by Stuckathome
  • Like 1
  • Mind Blown 4
  • Useful 1
22 hours ago, magemaud said:

Maybe he was just buying time and by August he would have come up with another excuse

See also: Sumit. Its the same exact story. Without the nasal flossing (at least so far). You'd think the writers would at least attempt to come up with an newer story. 

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, Pepper Mostly said:

See also: Sumit. Its the same exact story. Without the nasal flossing (at least so far). You'd think the writers would at least attempt to come up with an newer story. 

Yep, without the nasal flossing but WITH the astrologer choosing the dates. They couldn’t even be bothered to change the American woman’s name much although they did halve the age gap. 
That reminds me, I’m going to donate Mama Sumit’s nasal floss to the newly founded 90 Day museum. Join me over on Small Talk to donate your items. 

Edited by magemaud
  • LOL 4
18 hours ago, magemaud said:

Would that apply to Kris? 

Just wanted to share this creepy photo of her. She looks like someone off those Gypsy Wedding shows: image.png.6b6a673740a275e14d4982a0c80ceb6c.png

She actually does resemble one of the sisters on the show Gypsy Sisters.  

41 minutes ago, magemaud said:

That reminds me, I’m going to donate Mama Sumit’s nasal floss to the newly founded 90 Day museum.

I am sorry that got this museum ball rolling, what are we going to name the museum?

Do we make a special wing for Darcy and Stacey, their awful wardrobe choices and old hair extensions could either be in the museum or museum store.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

I am sorry that got this museum ball rolling, what are we going to name the museum?

Do we make a special wing for Darcy and Stacey, their awful wardrobe choices and old hair extensions could either be in the museum or museum store.

I have taken the liberty of naming the museum the “90 Day Fiancé Primetimer Memorabilia Museum” and have requested donations on Small Talk. 
A special “Darcey and Stacey Wing” is a great idea, although I worry some other participants may think they also deserve their own collection.  

• LOL 4
32 minutes ago, magemaud said:

I have taken the liberty of naming the museum the “90 Day Fiancé Primetimer Memorabilia Museum” and have requested donations on Small Talk. 
A special “Darcey and Stacey Wing” is a great idea, although I worry some other participants may think they also deserve their own collection.  

Will it have a Coltie Photo Booth?

• LOL 3
2 hours ago, magemaud said:

The Silva Twins are the fashion icons of all Fiance shows, their style is impeccable, I for one was shocked not see them on the red carpet at the Met Gala this year. 

• LOL 5
19 minutes ago, Baltimore Betty said:

The Silva Twins are the fashion icons of all Fiance shows, their style is impeccable, I for one was shocked not see them on the red carpet at the Met Gala this year. 

Maybe it conflicted with Miami Fashion week or their HoE winged hoodie launch at Impossible Kicks? 

• LOL 5
On 5/2/2023 at 4:26 PM, heatherchandler said:

So true!

Randi was a complete asshole with her tactless ambush! No compassion or sensitivity for the clueless elderly woman she was about to pull the rug out from under! What a c*** to just barge in & take over… not a single pleasantry or gracious inquiry for the folks who opened their home to her… so she could demolish it without a thought. And Myra, there for the show, smiling broadly, like a smug mean girl, in on the joke! Then Randi, in her 3rd trimester, ugly dress & cold confidence, will deliver the FINAL BLOW! The staged and calculated blindside was just the appetizer. It’d be clear that Mother Rishi had not only been kept in the dark by her only son, but the rules had changed. There’d be no match to a young Hindu she could mold into the perfect DIL, with same values, expectations, to complete the family she prepared 30 years for…no grandchildren under her roof to help raise…worst case scenario in Mother Rishi’s mind, Rishi might end up with a model like himself, but she’d welcome her nonetheless.

The American has no intention of embracing the culture of her new country or her new family. In fact, she’s taking Rishi out of the family home, away from his widowed mother, he was expected to provide for!

This whole time Jen has offered no assuring words of comfort or kindness. No thoughtful confessions of her love for Rishi or commitment to his well-being. She’s the non-contributing, grinning beneficiary, wedged between her demolition team, victorious in self service.

No wonder Indian people and other foreigners think Americans are rude and assumptive!

• Like 4
  • Applause 5
  • Love 1

Gabe is driving me crazy. He talks negatively about his family to Isabel, then talks negatively about her to them. He's setting them up to hate each other. Then cowering as if he had nothing to do with it. He's surrounded by protective women and instead of that being an amazing thing, he's warping it. If you get pulled over by the police with Gabe in the car you're going to jail. Five minutes into the stop he's confessing to stuff from when he was 14.

What a backhanded compliment, for Monica to call Isabel’s engagement ring “cute.” So rude and dismissive! She’s an abrasive person.

No Monica. She doesn’t speak English because she doesn’t live in a country where the first language is ENGLISH! 😫

Snarkers, give this post a 👏🏾 if you’re saying, “Fuck you Monica!”

I’m embarrassed for Jen. Imagine being 48 and having to employ someone to break the engagement news to your “fiancé’s” family because he won’t tell them.

Rishi at the end thinking if they only waited until August 2nd they could've got a better outcome! Unless Jen could somehow magically be younger two months later I don't think Mama was ever going to approve!

Oussama just played his hand too early. A couple weeks of Debbie using the fuzzy toilet cover and she would have proposed they both move back to her house. She was still in the novelty phase and needed to get to the “this is life here now” phase.

Though for Debbie’s sake I hope she packs her bags and goes home with all these red flags!

Yohan, a married man, is asking her ex about how sex was with his wife. He is completely checked out, I do not blame him.

• Applause 12
(edited)
14 hours ago, Hotel Snarker said:

The American has no intention of embracing the culture of her new country

You mean Jenn has no intention of trying to sweep the kitchen with a scraggly broom that is so short you have to hunch over to use it?

Edited by Baltimore Betty
  • LOL 7

You mean Jenn has no intention of trying to sweep the kitchen with a scraggly broom that is so short you have to hunch over to use it?

Putting on an Indian tunic and agreeing to visit Rishi’s friends’ house to get some pointers on being a “good Indian wife” appears to be the extent of her attempts to try and assimilate.
I forget, did she ever come out and tell RISHI she didn’t want to live with his family or did she just bitch about it to her friends and in her THs? And did the bombshell of moving to Mumbai come from out of the blue? I was as surprised as Rishi when she said that! 

• Like 2
  • Applause 1
3 hours ago, magemaud said:

Putting on an Indian tunic and agreeing to visit Rishi’s friends’ house to get some pointers on being a “good Indian wife” appears to be the extent of her attempts to try and assimilate.
I forget, did she ever come out and tell RISHI she didn’t want to live with his family or did she just bitch about it to her friends and in her THs? And did the bombshell of moving to Mumbai come from out of the blue? I was as surprised as Rishi when she said that! 

I think she had pitched living separately but not mentioning in a different city.   I think it reasonable that he would want to stay in the same city as his aged mother and uncle.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
(edited)
51 minutes ago, MrBuhBye said:

I think she had pitched living separately but not mentioning in a different city.   I think it reasonable that he would want to stay in the same city as his aged mother and uncle.

Not only reasonable, but traditionally expected in his culture. Mama must have just about fainted when she heard the word "Mumbai" (I looked it up, it's over 700 miles away!)

Edited by magemaud
  • Like 4
  • Applause 1
21 minutes ago, magemaud said:

Not only reasonable, but traditionally expected in his culture. Mama must have just about fainted when she heard the word "Mumbai" (I looked it up, it's over 700 miles away!)

Especially if she is a widow and he is the only son.  

• Like 2
  • Applause 1

Gabe’s sister Monica was so rude and dismissive to Isabel. Her comments about not speaking English were so haughty. Look, whatever Gabe has done with other women in the past is not Isabel’s fault. Isabel seems nice and acts if she really loves him. 

Rishi is a punk but Jen’s friends were out of line. Rishi should’ve told his Mom about he and Jen rather than leading Jen on (probably assuming she would just get sick of waiting for him). Or did he think she would be his long distance side piece for ever. I don’t actually know why Rishi’s motivations are. At least unlike Summit he didn’t marry someone else, spend their dowry and publicly embarrass them. Of course his mom is  shocked! He said he wanted a love match- a love match with a socially appropriate Indian woman is one thing (okay, they didn’t mind him waiting to find that) but he’s 32, and hasn’t found this love match, that doesn’t mean they are okay with Jen. Mom’s “tell her you can’t marry her” didn't surprise me one wit. 

I think Danielle and Yohan are both awful, but Yohan only made himself look bad with the way he Traylen, making fun of his clothes etc. Traylen didn’t do anything to him and he and Danielle hooked up long before Danielle and Yohan even met. I think Traylen and Danielle were just keeping each other company during the pandemic which was fine. Having a drink with her while he was on vacation in the DR doesn’t sound odd to my cultural norms but I can see why Yohan didn’t like it. Doesn’t excuse his behavior though. 

Danielle should’ve just said to Traylen that her husband wasn’t comfortable with meeting and she wished him a good time ok vacation. Traylen was a class act though.