Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E22: The Heir

Neptune
  • Start Topic

(edited)
On 5/15/2023 at 7:48 PM, seasons said:

Especially enjoyed these last few episodes, great way to wind down this season. I’m really looking forward to the storyline of J creating a restaurant, a destination restaurant out of the old barn. What a great way to keep things new and interesting

I look forward to seeing the restaurant, too - and more of Mark and his son. I like Mark even if Pete is jealous of him. Can't Mark's son see the ghosts, at least for now, like Hetty did Thor - or could Hetty only hear Thor? Did I imagine that Mark's son could see/hear them?

Three things I'm curious about regarding the end of this episode: Jay was so sick he was afraid to stand:

1). so why didn't Sam leave him at home and get the Pepto Bismol for him 
2). why does Jay hope that Trevor is the ghost Sam thought she saw being sucked off? *that hurt to type*
3). when did Jay stop calling Trevor "No-Pants"? 

8 hours ago, Daff said:

Different acronym, same organization. I do know the facts, and have extensive, lifelong, first hand experience with one of (if not the) largest unions affecting us today (and it’s OOC). I take issue with the very first word in the sentence above, and the associated assumptions. I create my own “talking points”, and I do my own thinking, thank you.  I did admit in my post that in some cases, unions can still benefit workers, but I merely contend that this situation will be used by all TPTB to extract more money from consumers for human creativity in the area of entertainment

Different acronym, yes, but SWG split into 2 separate and distinct unions nearly 70 years ago. Both unions struck in 2007-2008, but only WGAW is striking right now.  No idea what OOC stands for, other than "out of character", btw.

:)

I apologise if I sounded as if you didn't come up with talking points on your own. That was not my intent - but the fact remains that the ones you used are the same opinions - not facts - that anti-unionists have been using to slur unions for many decades.

WGAW is not responsible in any way if TPTB use this strike to extract more money from consumers. For the last time (I promise!), this WGAW strike is not about more money, it's about keeping the jobs that they have.

On that note, while I likewise appreciate the exchange, and I hope others have, I looked for another thread to take this conversation further, if you want. This was the best I could come up with. See you over there if you have anything further?

Small Talk: Ghostly Chats - Ghosts (US) - PRIMETIMER

Edited by basil
spacing
  • Like 8
16 hours ago, Ms Lark said:

South American American: "Sheila is from the South Side of Chicago and went to NYU and Harvard. She is half Chilean/Mapuche and half white American. " (IMDB)

"Sheila is an alum of the CBS Diversity Showcase as a performer in 2018 and as head writer in 2019. She is a former member of the prestigious Groundlings Sunday Company and has produced and starred in a series of videos for Broadway Video’s Latino comedy studio, Mas Mejor, based on her original character ‘Marisol at the Market.’"

https://montreal.hahaha.com/en/artists/sheila-carrasco

Clearly, she is also a lot more intelligent than Flower!

Do we know if Flower is Hispanic? My dream guest star would be Dwight Shultz as Flower's brother. He does have experience playing a Vietnam veteran and he's hilarious.

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, basil said:

I look forward to seeing the restaurant, too - and more of Mark and his son. I like Mark even if Pete is jealous of him. Can't Mark's son see the ghosts, at least for now, like Hetty did Thor - or could Hetty only hear Thor? Did I imagine that Mark's son could see/hear them?

Three things I'm curious about regarding the end of this episode: Jay was so sick he was afraid to stand:

1). so why didn't Sam leave him at home and get the Pepto Bismol for him 
2). why does Jay hope that Trevor is the ghost Sam thought she saw being sucked off? *that hurt to type*
3). when did Jay stop calling Trevor "No-Pants"? 

Yeah, Mark's son was able to see them, or at least Isaac. He called Isaac a pirate and Isaac was not amused. Hetty could see and hear Thor. She thought his name was Gordon and that he was one of her family's servants. It's not clear if kids who see ghosts can see all of them or just one. Something else we need a ghost manual for!

I can totally imagine Jay being home when one of the ghosts gets sucked off and Sam walking in to find the ghosts losing their minds while Jay is oblivious to the chaos happening around him. But it would've spoiled which ghost left so I see why they didn't go this route.

Jay has a bit of a beef with Trevor ever since he caused shenanigans at Christmas so he could hook up with Jay's sister Bela. Also the multiple times that Trevor hit on Sam. I think Jay's mostly kidding though, because he knows Sam would be sad if one of the ghosts got sucked off and she didn't get to say goodbye.

29 minutes ago, kathyk24 said:

Do we know if Flower is Hispanic? 

Yep. Flower's last name is Montero. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, phalange said:

Yeah, Mark's son was able to see them, or at least Isaac. He called Isaac a pirate and Isaac was not amused. Hetty could see and hear Thor. She thought his name was Gordon and that he was one of her family's servants. It's not clear if kids who see ghosts can see all of them or just one. Something else we need a ghost manual for!

Right! Thanks so much! I think having Mark and his son around more could be interesting. Mark already kind of knows that something is going on, and if he finds out about the ghosts, we could have some fun Jay-style interactions from him. Maybe his son won't lose his ability to see the ghost(s). 

I can totally imagine Jay being home when one of the ghosts gets sucked off and Sam walking in to find the ghosts losing their minds while Jay is oblivious to the chaos happening around him. But it would've spoiled which ghost left so I see why they didn't go this route.

Good point. I honestly gave up any kind of rhyme or reason to ghost logic long ago.

Jay has a bit of a beef with Trevor ever since he caused shenanigans at Christmas so he could hook up with Jay's sister Bela. Also the multiple times that Trevor hit on Sam. I think Jay's mostly kidding though

Another good point! It was just so weird to end the season with "I hope it's Trevor".

Was that the first time that he didn't call him "No Pants"?

• Like 3
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
15 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

Do we know if Flower is Hispanic?

Yes:

But a fun side note is that the writers had already [picked] the name of Susan for her, which is great, but then they asked me to send them a shortlist of last names that I would be into and Montero is my abuela’s last name, and I really want to represent all aspects of who I am [as a] half Chilean American and it’s really important to me that Flower can also be Latina as well. I didn’t know what last name they chose until I read the script. It was very emotional for that as well, just as an actor to be able to have my last name be a family name. That means a lot to me.

https://www.tvinsider.com/1021579/ghosts-season-1-episode-7-flower-sheila-carrasco-robbery-daisy-coffee-ira/

🥲

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
  • Love 4

Speaking of the barn for Jay's restaurant. I'm surprised their aren't any barn ghosts. 

I hope it's not one of the main ghosts that left. Besides Nancy we really don't know the basement ghosts so I wouldn't care if it was on of them. I'm also surprised they didn't have the main cast play the basement ghosts like the British version does. 

• Like 4

The issue with it being a minor ghost, it seems to me, is that it really won’t matter much if Stephanie or Crash or Jenkins are sucked off. What would really be the point of it?

I think the point is merely to have a cliffhanger like this one. And I think it's most likely a misdirect of some sort. At the end of the day, this is still a network TV sitcom. They aren't going to take huge risks by offing a major character after only 2 seasons. This feels similar to what they did with the opening of this season - briefly making us think Jay could see Pete. But it was just a tease.

Isaac, upon discovering that a king size bed does not cost $10k, decides to spread the love and buys a new boiler (was it that or hot water heater, or are they the same thing (don't own a home, no clue))

Both heat water but what we saw in the basement was a water heater. A boiler is used when you have a steam heating system with radiators, and I haven't seen any in Woodstone.

• Like 3
  • Useful 3
3 hours ago, iMonrey said:

Both heat water but what we saw in the basement was a water heater. A boiler is used when you have a steam heating system with radiators, and I haven't seen any in Woodstone.

Yay, I learned something today! 

I think the point is merely to have a cliffhanger like this one. And I think it's most likely a misdirect of some sort. At the end of the day, this is still a network TV sitcom.

Yeah, it's just a classic sitcom cliffhanger. It's not meant to have any deep dramatic effect on the storyline. It's just meant to make us pull an Isaac (gasp) and keep us talking over the break. And I am 100% fine with that, on a show like this. I love the cast too much to care if the person getting sucked off matters to any of the characters. I'd be fine with it being a ghost we'd never even heard of. Jay can ask Sam who got sucked off, and when she says the name he's all "Who is that?" and she shrugs "I don't know, the ghosts said they never liked him anyway". Jay thinks about that for a second, says cool, then asks if Pete is there and if we wants to watch the latest Star Wars show with him.

• Like 4

Plus, if a minor ghost did actually get sucked off, even if it was one the main ghosts didn't know very well or whatever, it'd be interesting to see how the main ghosts would react to that. I was rewatching some episodes from the first season recently and in one of them Hetty even states that ghosts getting sucked off is a rare event, that she's only seen it happen once or twice. 

But it's one thing for the ghosts to all hope that happens to them someday, it's another to actually see it happen to someone, or be reminded that it can happen, especially if it happens so rarely as it does. And given how close they've become as friends (and, in some cases among some of the ghosts, as even more than that), and given how much they've come to care about Sam and Jay as well...yeah, maybe the idea doesn't appeal to them as much as it once did. 

So even if a minor ghost does wind up being the one to go, that could still potentially rattle the main ghosts in the sense that it could further affect how they behave individually and with each other going forward, potentially for the better. 

• Like 7
  • Fire 1
  • Applause 1
  • Useful 1
On 5/20/2023 at 4:23 PM, Annber03 said:

Plus, if a minor ghost did actually get sucked off, even if it was one the main ghosts didn't know very well or whatever, it'd be interesting to see how the main ghosts would react to that. I was rewatching some episodes from the first season recently and in one of them Hetty even states that ghosts getting sucked off is a rare event, that she's only seen it happen once or twice. 

But it's one thing for the ghosts to all hope that happens to them someday, it's another to actually see it happen to someone, or be reminded that it can happen, especially if it happens so rarely as it does. And given how close they've become as friends (and, in some cases among some of the ghosts, as even more than that), and given how much they've come to care about Sam and Jay as well...yeah, maybe the idea doesn't appeal to them as much as it once did. 

So even if a minor ghost does wind up being the one to go, that could still potentially rattle the main ghosts in the sense that it could further affect how they behave individually and with each other going forward, potentially for the better. 

I follow Ghosts on Twitter and Rebecca stated that the cast was shocked when they read the script for the finale. The British version of Ghosts killed off one their main cast so it can happen.

• Like 2
  • Useful 1
1 hour ago, kav said:

I do not know how scripts work, but would it have even show who or what the light  was from.

Most likely it would just say a bright beam of light shoots out from the top of the building. It wouldn't have to say what the light was meant to be, but would instruct the actors to react with surprise, possibly worry or fear, but wouldn't need to tell them what the light really was. I'm sure the actors would assume it was a ghost being sucked off but might not know which one, or even if that is what is happening. 

As to their contracts, not sure how much notice the actor would have to be given if their character was written off. But I don't think they would write off any of them unless, like the UK version, the actor was the one who chose not to come back. The ensemble is just too strong as it is. I could only see a lesser ghost/non-lead actor, not being asked back for next season. 

• Like 3

Given the perceived good will the audience seems to have for the show, the writers could have the reveal be almost a joke on the audience by having the sucked off ghost be one heretofore not mentioned.
For instance, Jay could ask Sam:

• “So who was sucked off? Was it No Pants? It wasn’t Pete, was it? Oh, god. I hope it wasn’t Flower? Thor will be so upset, and the electrician hasn’t finished the rewiring.”

And then we’d hear various ghosts telling Sam:

• ”No. It was Sylvia. You never met her. Sylvia preferred to stay in the closet.
  • Yeah, she’d just crack the closet door enough to see the TV.
  • Oh. And sometimes she’d open the door a little wider when you had pizza.

— while Jay stares at the changing expressions on Sam’s face with his own face mirroring her changes, but with greater exaggeration, until Sam finally tells Jay with a shrug:

• ”It was some ghost named Sylvia, who we never met.” 
    I’m not sure, but maybe she was gay?

Sam sees slightly offended glances from Isaac and Nigel and then says to Jay:

• Or not.
  • Like 3
  • Love 1

I could totally see them doing a bit at the beginning of the next season where all the ghosts are looking sad and mournful, and you notice that one of them isn't there, so everyone has a brief freakout moment...

...only for said missing ghost to come strolling in and be all, "Hey, why the long faces, everyone?" And then you learn the ghosts are all upset over some totally different thing that turns out to be pretty minor in the end, like a show they liked had been cancelled or something :p (or, since the chances of the show returning later than usual are pretty high given the writers' strike, maybe they could make a nod to that and have the ghosts be upset and lamenting that a show they liked had been delayed from returning because of reasons :D). 

The idea of them mentioning a ghost that had never been seen or referenced before, though, that could work given we got to see the barn in the backyard for the first time this season. You KNOW there's gotta be a barn ghost (or more than one barn ghost) lurking about - maybe they wandered into the mansion for some reason and wound up getting sucked off unexpectedly? 

• Like 4

I'm mainly a lurker, but wanted to share this link to a very recent Elle magazine interview with Rebecca Wisocky.  In addition to her wonderful commentary and insights, there were a couple of glamor shots, as well as stills from Ghosts.  I escpecially enjoyed Rebecca's recounting of a close friendship with one of her castmates. 

https://www.elle.com/culture/movies-tv/a43873861/rebecca-wisocky-ghosts-season-2-finale-interview/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Great article. I think Hetty must have felt helpless watching Thomas kill Alberta and knowing she couldn't prevent it. Rebecca looks so much younger than Hetty in person.

• Like 2

I don't think the writers would send off a ghost we haven't ever seen before as that would feel like a cheap trick and I think the show is better than that.  However, I do think it will be a minor ghost.  My guess is Stephanie/prom girl as going forward it will be hard to always have her look 17.  If it was going to be a major ghost my hope would be Flower as I just don't care for her and don't find her as funny or endearing as I find the other ghosts.  No matter what, I think it was a really good, unexpected cliffhanger as I never would have anticipated such a thing.  

Like others, I would like to see more Mark in future episodes-especially as they renovate the barn and turn it into a restaurant.  And, I would really like to see his son come back as he could see the ghosts and it would be a different perspective coming from a child.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, BMGepinniw said:

...a very recent Elle magazine interview with Rebecca Wisocky.  In addition to her wonderful commentary and insights, there were a couple of glamor shots, as well as stills from Ghosts.  I escpecially enjoyed Rebecca's recounting of a close friendship with one of her castmates. https://www.elle.com/culture/movies-tv/a43873861/rebecca-wisocky-ghosts-season-2-finale-interview/

Wow!
rebeeca-wisocky-1-645e22893d6c7.png?crop=1.00xw:1.00xh;0,0&resize=1200:*

And now I think I know who got sucked off.
And no, sillies. Not our secret femme fatale, Hetty.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
15 hours ago, BMGepinniw said:

I'm mainly a lurker, but wanted to share this link to a very recent Elle magazine interview with Rebecca Wisocky.  In addition to her wonderful commentary and insights, there were a couple of glamor shots, as well as stills from Ghosts.  I escpecially enjoyed Rebecca's recounting of a close friendship with one of her castmates. 

https://www.elle.com/culture/movies-tv/a43873861/rebecca-wisocky-ghosts-season-2-finale-interview/

Thanks for coming out of lurkdom for that. From it:

It’s a no-brainer. Without the writers, we would have no story. Like you said, I’ve been out there and there’s a tremendous amount of solidarity across mediums, and I think it’s really important. There’s a need for an equitable deal. And it’s, I think, emblematic of some of the larger problems in society, if I may be so bold.

It’s the transparency. I am 100 percent union strong and support the writers in getting a good deal.

• Like 6

I love her comments regarding the writers' strike. I know the cast in general has been out and about joining the writers on the picket line and showing their support - I saw one of them sharing a post on social media that said, "Want to know who gets sucked off? Pay the writers." :D. 

And I love any time this cast gets to gush about each other. They really do sound like a close-knit group in general. I also like that they put so much thought into their respective characters and dynamics with each other, like Rebecca does in that interview. 

• Like 11
On 5/20/2023 at 3:23 PM, Annber03 said:

I recently watched the UK episode where one of the main ghosts gets sucked off, and it was unexpectedly poignant. And ironic. These characters are ghosts - they have already died. Yet when they "lose" one of their own after she gets sucked off it's like another death to them. Strange to think about.

On 5/21/2023 at 5:48 PM, Annber03 said:

And then you learn the ghosts are all upset over some totally different thing that turns out to be pretty minor in the end, like a show they liked had been cancelled or something :p

Uh-oh, not "It's Getting Hot In Here"! Thor and Sass have been waiting a long time for Season 2!

• Like 5
6 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I love her comments regarding the writers' strike. I know the cast in general has been out and about joining the writers on the picket line and showing their support - I saw one of them sharing a post on social media that said, "Want to know who gets sucked off? Pay the writers." :D. 

And I love any time this cast gets to gush about each other. They really do sound like a close-knit group in general. I also like that they put so much thought into their respective characters and dynamics with each other, like Rebecca does in that interview. 

I think the cast is so close because they are all equal. There isn't a major star among them like Fonzie was on Happy Days. The cast bonds together because they all are so far from home. It's been nice seeing how many actors have been supportive during the writer's strike they understand that it's a partnership between the two groups.

• Like 1
On 5/21/2023 at 4:48 PM, Annber03 said:

since the chances of the show returning later than usual are pretty high given the writers' strike, maybe they could make a nod to that and have the ghosts be upset and lamenting that a show they liked had been delayed from returning because of reasons :D). 

I'm hoping that the writers had already started a few scripts for next season when they learned the show had been renewed.

Hopefully, they have a script or two completed, so they can start shooting as usual. 

• Like 1
4 hours ago, kathyk24 said:

I think the cast is so close because they are all equal. There isn't a major star among them like Fonzie was on Happy Days. The cast bonds together because they all are so far from home. It's been nice seeing how many actors have been supportive during the writer's strike they understand that it's a partnership between the two groups.

That's a really good point, yeah. I think you're spot on with that. I remember seeing a cast interview/panel thing or something once where they talked about how they all literally kinda got stuck together in Montreal because they were getting ready to film the first season right as the pandemic hit, so it wasn't much of a stretch for them to imagine their characters being holed up in a house together for a long period of time as a result :p. Lucky for them that experience seemed to help them bond further. 

7 hours ago, iMonrey said:

I recently watched the UK episode where one of the main ghosts gets sucked off, and it was unexpectedly poignant. And ironic. These characters are ghosts - they have already died. Yet when they "lose" one of their own after she gets sucked off it's like another death to them. Strange to think about.

Uh-oh, not "It's Getting Hot In Here"! Thor and Sass have been waiting a long time for Season 2!

Haha, oh, I'd love to see their reactions to losing that show :p. I would hate for them to lose it, too - I'm genuinely curious about what happens on that show, and it's a fictional series within a fictional series XD! 

I've heard about how genuinely emotional that episode of the BBC version was, yeah. I have no doubt that if we did wind up losing one of the main cast on here like that, it'd be equally as emotional. 

But yeah, it's also a really interesting way for the ghosts to further examine the concept of death after having already been dead. It would be rather jarring to think you've got all of eternity ahead of you and then one day...poof, you're gone and that's it. Certainly would shake up the ghosts' worldview a bit, that's for sure. 

• Like 4
On 5/14/2023 at 2:12 PM, Annber03 said:

I rewatched this episode the other night, and it hit me that thus far, the only time we've ever actually seen a ghost get sucked off was when the person was dying and the ghosts were waiting to see if their spirit would stick

We saw Sam's mother getting sucked off, didn't we?

I suspect that like us, and like TV "experts" on the subject, the reasons someone gets sucked off (if you even believe in heaven) are unknown. Even the ghosts are only guessing. 

I would think Isaac would want to purchase a few TVs with part of his money. 

I don't care who gets sucked off (if anyone actually has), as long as the show remains as entertaining as it is. Change can be good. And if it's not, that's the way TV goes. Probably by next season, people begin complaining about how stale the show has gotten.

• Like 1

I suspect that like us, and like TV "experts" on the subject, the reasons someone gets sucked off (if you even believe in heaven) are unknown. Even the ghosts are only guessing. 

From a creative standpoint, the options seem more limited.

We still don't know how Sass or Hetty died. Their stories are far from finished. And while we know how Thor died, we still don't know why he was left behind by Gunnar, Ivar and Other Ivar. More story to tell there.

There's not much more to learn about Isaac's or NIgel's past, but they definitely have more story going forward with their burgeoning relationship.

That leaves Alberta, Flower, Pete and Trevor, of the main eight ghosts, who the writers might potentially be willing to lose. They've solved the mystery of Alberta's murder, and there's really not much more to tell about Flower or Pete's past either. Trevor is the newest ghost, but is there much more to learn about him either?

I'm still fairly confident none of the main eight would be written off the show, since network sitcoms like this don't generally take big risks like that. But those last four would be the most likely candidates, from a writing standpoint, if they did.

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

I'm still fairly confident none of the main eight would be written off the show, since network sitcoms like this don't generally take big risks like that.

I think it's fair to point out that last year's cliffhanger was a bit of a nothing. IIRC, our last image of Jay was dire. One leg looked like it was badly broken. Turned out he was fine.

• Like 6
  • Useful 1
5 hours ago, iMonrey said:

There's not much more to learn about Isaac's or NIgel's past, but they definitely have more story going forward with their burgeoning relationship.

I'd say there's still a decent amount left to learn about their pasts. We don't know much about Isaac's family life growing up, so there could be some interesting stuff to explore there, and it'd be fun to delve a little more into his time in the military/war in general, or get a glimpse into the early afterlives of him and Nigel after they properly "met", as it were, and what their early interactions with each other were like. Things like that.

And with Nigel, if he is going to stick around, given his connection to Isaac and the mansion now, it'd be interesting to learn what events led him to arrive in America in the first place, and his involvement in the war as well. 

• Like 3
(edited)
On 5/23/2023 at 4:49 PM, eel2178 said:

Hopefully, they have a script or two completed, so they can start shooting as usual. 

They can't shoot without the writers. Rewrites/adjustments are constantly needed.  And showrunners are also writers.

Plus, the actors would never cross the picket lines, and I doubt the crew would, either.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 5
  • Useful 1
3 hours ago, Annber03 said:

I'd say there's still a decent amount left to learn about their pasts. We don't know much about Isaac's family life growing up, so there could be some interesting stuff to explore there, and it'd be fun to delve a little more into his time in the military/war in general, or get a glimpse into the early afterlives of him and Nigel after they properly "met", as it were, and what their early interactions with each other were like. Things like that.

And with Nigel, if he is going to stick around, given his connection to Isaac and the mansion now, it'd be interesting to learn what events led him to arrive in America in the first place, and his involvement in the war as well. 

It would be interesting to learn more about the lives of both before they entered the military.  We know Isaac went to Dartmouth and I'm assuming Nigel also attended university (probably Oxford or Cambridge), but neither strikes me as the military type, so I'd like to know more about how they ended up following that path.  I can imagine some of that could come out while they're discussing wedding plans, which could provide a considerable subplot.  I see Nigel as very prim and proper and understated, wanting to follow the traditions he grew up with, whereas the more flamboyant Isaac would turn into a veritable bridezilla (or groomzilla).

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
3 hours ago, PaulE said:

I can imagine some of that could come out while they're discussing wedding plans, which could provide a considerable subplot.  I see Nigel as very prim and proper and understated, wanting to follow the traditions he grew up with, whereas the more flamboyant Isaac would turn into a veritable bridezilla (or groomzilla).

I would LOVE to see them, the other ghosts, and Sam and Jay planning out the wedding details :D. I want to see what a ghost wedding would be like! 

I've said this in discussions elsewhere, but one thing I find interesting about Isaac and Nigel is how Isaac was on the side of the Revolutionary War that was rebelling against the King and tradition and all that, yet in his relationship and personal life in general, he's very reserved and old-fashioned.

Meanwhile, Nigel's on the side of the war that's all about tradition and doing things as they've always been, but in his personal life and relationship, he seems far more non-traditional and open to new things. 

I dunno. I just find that contrast striking, and I think it really adds something to their relationship and how they balance each other out. 

• Like 4
  • Useful 1

I agree, there's plenty more story in these characters. We all have twists and turns in our lives, and interests that might surprise other.s. Plenty of fodder for future plots. New pairings of the characters could be interesting, too, as we (and they) learn of mutual interests. Isaac and Sass could suddenly find themselves hooked on tennis (even for totally different reasons like athleticism for one and emphasis on manners for the other); Hetty and Thor could be a good team at charades, etc., or could have fun catching up on pop culture together. 

I still think that the discovery of a literal Underground Railroad tunnel  leaves the door open for inter-ghostal visitation between two or three homes. I would love to allow the Mrs. Farnsby (the ghostly one) to mingle, too.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
3 minutes ago, mojito said:

I still think that the discovery of a literal Underground Railroad tunnel  leaves the door open for inter-ghostal visitation between two or three homes. I would love to allow the Mrs. Farnsby (the ghostly one) to mingle, too.

Ooooooooooooh. YES. 

• Like 1
  • Fire 1
(edited)
On 6/2/2023 at 11:39 PM, mojito said:

Isaac and Sass could suddenly find themselves hooked on tennis (even for totally different reasons like athleticism for one and emphasis on manners for the other);

There has to be a pickleball story there somewhere.

Edited by ItCouldBeWorse
  • Like 1
  • Applause 2
On 5/21/2023 at 4:46 PM, kathyk24 said:

The British version of Ghosts killed off one their main cast so it can happen.

Well technically she was already dead so she wasn't killed.  Just sayin'.  😉

And the British version had no intentions at all of sucking off one of their regulars.  It was the actor's decision since she had gotten busy with some other new projects.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
2 hours ago, Skooma said:

Well technically she was already dead so she wasn't killed.  Just sayin'.  😉

And the British version had no intentions at all of sucking off one of their regulars.  It was the actor's decision since she had gotten busy with some other new projects.

We don't know if any of the cast want to leave. Some cast members are active on social media and some aren't. The showrunners also might want to be different than the British version.

On 6/6/2023 at 12:30 AM, kathyk24 said:

We don't know if any of the cast want to leave. Some cast members are active on social media and some aren't. The showrunners also might want to be different than the British version.

Well yeah this show does it's own thing 95% of the time and has no intention of blowing up a winning formula here at all.  Thus nobody is leaving.

You don't mess with success so production will not rock the boat and no actor is leaving a big hit show just to become unemployed.  It would have to be a whopper of a role for anyone to leave at this point.

Also all the cast do interviews.  Social media really doesn't tell you much but some of the really in depth interviews do I believe.  Cast members say everyone gets along great with everyone else and they love being on the show.  And the way they say it doesn't sound like just typical PR fluff stuff either. 

The ending was just your typical fake-out cliff hanger that about every other show has done since JR was "shot" back on Dallas decades and decades ago now.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Skooma said:

Well yeah this show does it's own thing 95% of the time and has no intention of blowing up a winning formula here at all.  Thus nobody is leaving.

You don't mess with success so production will not rock the boat and no actor is leaving a big hit show just to become unemployed.  It would have to be a whopper of a role for anyone to leave at this point.

Also all the cast do interviews.  Social media really doesn't tell you much but some of the really in depth interviews do I believe.  Cast members say everyone gets along great with everyone else and they love being on the show.  And the way they say it doesn't sound like just typical PR fluff stuff either. 

The ending was just your typical fake-out cliff hanger that about every other show has done since JR was "shot" back on Dallas decades and decades ago now.

All true, but an extended Writers Strike and/or heretofore unforeseen personal issues could upend that equation.

• Useful 1
10 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

All true, but an extended Writers Strike and/or heretofore unforeseen personal issues could upend that equation.

That is what has me most worried. I don't think the writers/actors/showrunners had any intention of any of them leaving the show, but depending on how long the strike lasts, that could chance. If it lasts too long, the actors may have to think about other opportunities. I hope not, but pre-strike I didn't think for a second any of our core ghosts were leaving but post-strike I'm not as confident. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
On 5/17/2023 at 3:39 AM, Daff said:

They served a purpose once upon a time. Now, they exist merely to perpetuate themselves, their power, their bank accounts, with a few exceptions

Oh, please. 🙄🙄

• Like 1
  • Applause 1