Type keyword(s) to search

S48.E17: Molly Shannon / Jonas Brothers

• Start Topic

(edited)
2 hours ago, vb68 said:

I can see Mary Katherine Gallagher remaining the same, but poor Sally O'Malley must be pushing 70 by now! lol

Yeah, it's weird knowing Sally O'Malley is actually in her fifties now.

Predicting Ana Gasteyer comes back for Delicious Dish one more time.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Like 2
(edited)

Ego as Arsenio Hall in the Netflix sketch made me burst out laughing. That was great.

I thought Molly looked like Jane Lynch in that too.

Edited by vb68
  • LOL 1

Update was on fire this week!

Man, the Hitler signing the book joke.

Bowen, Punkie, and Heidi were all fantastic. I think that was probably Heidi's best Update character.

• Like 8

Cold Open: Last Supper sketch! "My friends...and Judas." And yeah...of course this was an excuse for a Trump sketch. They were both famous, white American men arrested for no reason at all. "Jesus was a nepo baby" was a hell of a statement. Loved Molly as the brief moment they played Judas, and JAJ addressing the people frozen in the back. 

Monologue: If there was someone who was gonna do a song monologue, it's Molly. And both Mollys got to share the stage! As much as I liked Martin short appearing out of nowhere, I got a feeling he never left. He just went to town on that burger, didn't he?

Valet: Okay, this was a fun one. Especially when Dismukes, JAJ, and Kenan are all in a sketch together. Kenan just screaming at Devon Walker just killed me. At least it was nice and short.

Jeannie Darcy Selective Startage: I didn't know what to make of this, but damn if I didn't laugh by the last time she said "Don't get me started." So Molly was supposed to be Paula Poundstone, right?

Oh, that explains it. She's an old character I hadn't been aware of.

Baby Shower: Oh, the reveal that Molly's baby was just a giant fart was great. 

Please Don't Destroy: Lol, Molly Shannon 2K23. Love the concept of a terrible game based on Molly Shannon's life. Loved that she got sucked into her own game. "Super Mario Batali" was a hell of a pun.

A way better polished version of this sketch: 

A Year of 1000 Men: Molly was so good in this. Of course Sophie dated one of the Jonas brothers. Kenan playing Devon Walker's character was gold. That was a hell of a payoff, too.

WU: Of course you get Bowen to play Jafar. He was great. And Punkie as Angel Reese was more or less her doing her version of Big Papi. That Jeopardy joke had to be one of Che's, right? "Don't gif that," indeed. (and yeah, I've been watching Jeopardy. That guy really DID have a weird Hitler mustache) Heidi's overly busy office worker character was pretty fun.

Vagerted: I wasn't feeling this until Kenan started talking about "Vegeta." 

Jonas Brothers 2: Gee, I wonder what the title of that song was? That, my friends, was the look of a former teenybopper band trying to stay relevant.

JoBro Choreo: They saved Sally O'Malley for the end?! Nice of them to address Sally being fifty "since before you was born." Seeing the Jonas Brothers dressed as Sally was the highlight (complete with camel toe)

CNZen: Joke's on them, CNN's gotten pretty right wing lately. Worth it to see Sarah Sherman playing Wolf Blitzer. Not a fan that this was the closest thing for a Delicious Dish sketch. 

What a very silly episode, but man did it lose steam after Update. Ana de Armas hosts next week. I haven't seen Knives Out, or anything else she's in. Hope it's good.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1
  • Useful 2
  • Love 1

Not impressed by the Jonas Brothers tonight. I had a hard time understanding the words of the first song and repeatedly wondered if they were singing in another language. The second song was annoyingly repetitive and about walls crying? What? 

• Like 7
(edited)

I thought the episode started slow. Yet another Trump sketch. I guess at least this one was more biting than the one last week. But once it got to the baby fart sketch, I was enjoying it. That was perfect for Molly's energy.  It was great to see Sally O'Malley again, and it was good they addressed what we were all thinking that "yeah she's still 50? okay then." lol

Loved seeing Molly come back to host. Hopefully Ana Gasteyer hosts sometime.

17 minutes ago, Frisky Wig said:

Not impressed by the Jonas Brothers tonight. I had a hard time understanding the words of the first song and repeatedly wondered if they were singing in another language. The second song was annoyingly repetitive and about walls crying? What? 

The first song seemed so short and they looked happy to get through it. And I'll say it. Nick always smiles like he's so happy he actually hits the note right.  I guess the second song is suppose to be like their big  rock anthem song or something? That was funnier than some of the sketches.

Edited by vb68
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1
38 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Cold Open: Last Supper sketch! "My friends...and Judas." And yeah...of course this was an excuse for a Trump sketch. They were both famous, white American men arrested for no reason at all. "Jesus was a nepo baby" was a hell of a statement. Loved Molly as the brief moment they played Judas, and JAJ addressing the people frozen in the back. 

Monologue: If there was someone who was gonna do a song monologue, it's Molly. And both Mollys got to share the stage! As much as I liked Martin short appearing out of nowhere, I got a feeling he never left. He just went to town on that burger, didn't he?

Valet: Okay, this was a fun one. Especially when Dismukes, JAJ, and Kenan are all in a sketch together. Kenan just screaming at Devon Walker just killed me. At least it was nice and short.

Jeannie Darcy Selective Startage: I didn't know what to make of this, but damn if I didn't laugh by the last time she said "Don't get me started." So Molly was supposed to be Paula Poundstone, right?

Please Don't Destroy: Lol, Molly Shannon 2K23. Love the concept of a terrible game based on Molly Shannon's life. Loved that she got sucked into her own game. "Super Mario Batali" was a hell of a pun.

A Year of 1000 Men: Molly was so good in this. Of course Sophie dated one of the Jonas brothers. Kenan playing Devon Walker's character was gold. That was a hell of a payoff, too.

WU: Of course you get Bowen to play Jafar. He was great. And Punkie as Angel Reese was more or less her doing her version of Big Papi. That Jeopardy joke had to be one of Che's, right? "Don't gif that," indeed. (and yeah, I've been watching Jeopardy. That guy really DID have a weird Hitler mustache) Heidi's overly busy office worker character was pretty fun.

Jonas Brothers 2: Gee, I wonder what the title of that song was? That, my friends, was the look of a former teenybopper band trying to stay relevant.

JoBro Choreo: They saved Sally O'Malley for the end?! Nice of them to address Sally being fifty "since before you was born." Seeing the Jonas Brothers dressed as Sally was the highlight (complete with camel toe)

CNZen: Joke's on them, CNN's gotten pretty right wing lately. Worth it to see Sarah Sherman playing Wolf Blitzer. Not a fan that this was the closest thing for a Delicious Dish sketch. 

What a very silly episode, but man did it lose steam after Update. Ana de Armas hosts next week. I haven't seen Knives Out, or anything else she's in. Hope it's good.

Galileo, I Think You Should Have Done Your Research Maybe Asking Pete OR Maybe Even VD68 OR Maybe Even Ms Blue Jay About All Molly's Characters When She Was A Cast Member ! Galileo, You Knew You Had This Write Up About All The Sketches Just In Case She Does Some Body Which She Did And Week End Update ! That Was One OF Her Most Famous Characters Next To Mary Katherine Gallagher ! I Think Ana Would Have Been Better Than Martin Short ! Maybe, Ana Couldn't Get Away Because OF Her Other Show ! Maybe, Delicious Dish Would Remind Them OF Alec Baldwin And He Is In Trouble So That Is Maybe Why They Did Not Do Delicious Dish ! Also, Nothing Would Be As Funny As That Sketch ! 

• LOL 1
50 minutes ago, Galileo908 said:

Galileo, Why Was That A Silly Episode ? I Thought Except For Pablo Casals , This WAS The Best Show OF The Season ! Galileo, I Thought The Last Two Sketches Were Very Good ! ! I Do Agree That The Vertigited Was Not Funny Until Kenan Was Calling That V Jay Jay ! I Liked The First Song Better Than The Second Although I Liked Both Songs ! ! Usually, I Don't Care For Both Songs OF The Musical Guests Each Week Except Brandi Carlisle ! ! 

30 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I really liked this week's show.  I don't even feel like nitpicking it.

Hey Possibilities. I Liked The Show Also ! I Thought The Cold Open Was Very Clever ! I Got Kenan Being Alvin Bragg Although I Thought He Would Do That In The Cold Open ! 

• Sad 1

This show didn't do much for me even though I've grown to appreciate Molly as a comedic actress more than I used to like her on SNL.

I liked the beginning of the Cold Open but lost interest by the end.  I keep saying it, but even though it's a good Trump impression, I never find it funny.  I think the first minute of his appearance in the Cole Open was the first time I laughed at it.  By the end, I was more focused on watching the background performers remain frozen and wondered how much Mikey's arm was killing him.

I liked CNZen just because it felt like it was just short enough to not wear out its welcome and we got Molly do her sotto radio voice.

The highlight of the ep for me was Bowen as Jafar during Update.  It was pitch perfect from start to finish.

• Like 7
  • Applause 1
(edited)

It was another just okay episode for me - not great but certainly not bad. I'm still just shruggy at Do Not Destroy - I really want to like them but I almost never think their stuff is more than okay.

My favorite was the play sketch. Great twist at the end. WU  fun as always.

Heidi's always good in sketches but her WU characters never do it for me and they go on too long.

Edited by JeanJean
  • Like 2

I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this episode. I didn't expect lots of cameos, as her last hosting stint didn't have any, although I did hope in vain we might get to see Ana Gasteyer again. I half-thought we'd get the side of Molly that had screaming and camp histrionics, because some of the current cast and writers eat that up, but Molly was more restrained, which I appreciated. She had a warmth to her spirit which carried through the cast, and the episode as a whole.

I don't think there was anything fantastic here, but there also wasn't anything I disliked. Even the Trump cold open, which I'm so tired of, was sharper and funnier than usual for me. My biggest complaint, again, was how overly padded out too many pieces were - that vagerted sketch went on half the night, and even when I was in a more generous mood toward Heidi and Bowen on Update, I felt like they just could have been cut right in half. 

My favorite sketches were the valet sketch (fun, silly performances and good energy - and Devon breaking and running off made me laugh) and the play sketch (a good concept, and so much motion swirling around without any dead spots). PDD can be samey, but I liked how they interacted with Molly, and how they calmed down their mania to let her react and keep her own comic style going. Some nice visual touches too, like the Molly fight to the death, and the old games about her life (the 1995 amused me).

Jeannie Darcy was one of my favorite Molly characters, one she hasn't missed a beat in playing, but all the focus on the crowd and celebrities got in the way for me. Ego and Punkie were OK, but Chloe as Sarah was just way off for me. 

The other impression sketch wasn't as bad, but beyond enjoying Molly's performance (Kenan as well) and finding JAJ's Lindsey Graham to be very amusing, this just felt like pandering to an audience who won't be watching. It's also, as @Galileo908 mentioned, not what CNN now is. The whole thing felt like something written 3-4 seasons ago.

I've seen some complaints about why didn't they make changes with Sally O'Malley, why is she still 50, but I don't think you can ever really change the character, and I think she's always going to say she's 50 (Bowen's character even questioned this in the sketch). Even if Molly didn't throw in as much energy as she used to, I still enjoyed her back and forth with the Jonas Brothers, which reminded me of something from Carol Burnett or Sonny and Cher. I'm not a big fan of SNL's security blanket type characters in recent years, but the amount of people online who were so happy to see Sally back and were proud to connect her to their own acceptance of their aging was somewhat moving to me.

Cut sketches (the only one I might want to see is the ant sketch)

Poor Andrew had a rough fall after the monologue.

(edited)

I’ve always liked Molly Shannon, but she seemed weirdly nervous and out of breath a lot of the time. Pulled me out of the show.

Loved Trump comparing himself to Jesus. Needed to go further tho.

A lot of the skits were odd. Like pregnant/gas, I thought she was pregnant but just with gas for a bit. Then couldn’t tell if the angle was she was dumb or manipulative, so some lines were iffy.

The valet skit was shaky and awkward. The Molly Shannon game was a good idea but not funny. The weird play “life story” was just not funny, period, until Keenan came out.

The audience seemed hesitant for all the Trump jokes in WU. That was interesting. Nice reach with the shine box/Goodfellas joke. And the “YouTuber shot” (“good!”) represents a weary nation.

I remember Mary Catherine Gallagher, but not Sally O’Malley. Guessing it was a skit I used to FF through like I wanted to tonight. Of all things, the Jonas Bros kept me tuned in with their willingless to be silly.

Edited by Ottis
  • Like 1
  • Applause 1
(edited)
6 hours ago, Irlandesa said:

I liked the beginning of the Cold Open but lost interest by the end.  I keep saying it, but even though it's a good Trump impression, I never find it funny.  I

I think the way they use JAJ's excellent impression has significantly improved since its debut. He's always had the voice but initially the intricacy of the word association game made Trump seem too clever. Now the rambling is still clever but it doesn't give Trump credit for crafting it, it seems just spontaneously and suitably vain and egotistical.

I really enjoyed the last supper misdirect and Trump's obsession with the frozen pose and bragging about how he was upstaging them. "I would have done it faster" with regard to the resurrection also made me laugh.

I loved Molly Kearney's top during the monologue (and their Judas was very cute).

2 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

My favorite sketches were the valet sketch (fun, silly performances and good energy

I wanted to like it more but it felt a bit sloppy. Was Molly supposed to have had a ticket to give the customers? She drew attention to not having one in a way that I didn't understand.

Edited by SomeTameGazelle
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1

Molly Shannon seems like she would be such a lovely person to work with.

Regarding the WU mention of the Jeopardy contestant…that whole story baffles me and I was surprised it merited a WU joke. Does no one remember what a Hitler mustache looks like? Because that guy did NOT have one.

15 minutes ago, rollacoaster said:

JAJ's Trump impression is good, but I feel they make him too slim. 

That is very odd. They bother to make him up with that turkey neck and can’t be bothered to pad his suit a little?

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
5 hours ago, Pete Martell said:

I've seen some complaints about why didn't they make changes with Sally O'Malley, why is she still 50, but I don't think you can ever really change the character, and I think she's always going to say she's 50

I think the whole "I'm 50!" with the kick has endured and become part of the larger culture. It is something people do when they turn 50. I also remember Jodie Foster doing it a few years ago when she won something at the golden Globes. That was very amusing.

I liked the CNZ sketch. I generally like impressions if there's some genuine effort to them, and Molly in particular was a perfect match for Maggie Haberman. I related to the part of reading the updates on the phone rather than actually watching CNN.

Poor Andrew. I had no idea.  He seemed the rest of the show. I hope he's ok.   

5 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Disappointed we didn’t get Mary Katherine Gallagher but oh well.

I was too. The little nod at the end of the monologue seemed like all they wanted to do. I think valet sketch would have worked better for me if it was MKG.  I really preferred the energy of the baby fart sketch, which was silly and so fun.  That felt like classic Molly Shannon.

3 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

I think the way they use JAJ's excellent impression has significantly improved since its debut. He's always had the voice but initially the intricacy of the word association game made Trump seem too clever. Now the rambling is still clever but it doesn't give Trump credit for crafting it, it seems just spontaneously and suitably vain and egotistical.

Now if only he could improve his Biden, which has not been very good. I think we haven't seen it in awhile because they have never found the right hook or tone. It's also too bad they let Alex Moffat go, who had a better take on that one in my opinion.

Edited by vb68
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, SHD said:

Regarding the WU mention of the Jeopardy contestant…that whole story baffles me and I was surprised it merited a WU joke. Does no one remember what a Hitler mustache looks like? Because that guy did NOT have one.

Completely agree. I haven't watched Jeopardy in a while, so I wasn't aware of this, but it wasn't a Hitler mustache. He did, however, have the Hitler hair (the bangs).

That is very odd. They bother to make him up with that turkey neck and can’t be bothered to pad his suit a little?

I was thinking the same thing. He looked too skinny. However, I love his impression, and I really enjoyed this CO.

As for the rest of the show, maybe it was me, maybe it was that I didn't watch SNL when Molly was on (except perhaps an ep or two), but the show was a big disappointment for me. I watched on Peacock this morning, and the sketch near the end with the Jonas Bros where she was one of her previous characters started late, so I missed most of it. I'm not even interested in trying to watch it again.

I had no idea who Jeannie Darcy was, so I was completely lost and unamused.

And I like Molly Shannon!

Besides the CO, the other highlight for me was Bowen as Jafar. That was outstanding.

Oh, and I enjoyed the male dancers in the play.

I don't know the Jonas Brothers' names, but one of them always makes me think of Rowan Atkinson. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
2 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

I agree. This was one of the first Trump impression skits that made me laugh out loud. "Maybe Great Friday....maybe TGIFridays....stuff on the wall...." The comparison with JC was absolutely the level of ego this impression really needed. 

Finally, a Heidi Gardner WU character I didn't hate, even found mildly amusing. Dear show, that doesn't mean it needs to be a thing, OK? 

I thought Molly Shannon had a really warm energy that was nice to see and gave an enjoyable vibe to the show. They could have done a LOT more with her Maggie Haberman "Trump whisperer" impression, because that was a brilliant idea, but I did appreciate the attempt. 

• Like 9
(edited)

Not one of their better efforts. I like Molly Shannon - but most of the skits just weren't funny (to me) or well-crafted. 

I did like the cold open - JAJ does a great impression of Trump and I laughed at Trump comparing himself to Jesus (both put on trial, Trump being able to do an insurrection much faster than JC, "we both befriended sex workers," describing Jesus as a nepo baby, etc.) 

Also liked Bowen as Jafar on Weekend Update.  He nailed his criticisms of "The Boy" (De Santis) & descriptions of Disneyland.  Clever writing & a great character impression. A piece that worked for me in every sense.  Bowen talks fast but he makes the most of his on-air time - and worth paying attention to him to take it all in.

Edited by realityplease
  • Like 10
  • Applause 1
7 hours ago, Spartan Girl said:

Disappointed we didn’t get Mary Katherine Gallagher but oh well.

Bowen NAILED Jafar.

I was thinking that might be too much for her physically now.

• Useful 3

I actually never liked Molly Shannon before. She's always come across overly cute to me, and especially when she plays MKG. But I liked every sketch last night. I thought each one had a clear point of view and was thought out rather than thrown together and rambling due to no idea what it was trying to say. I thought they did a good job of varying things, and not just using the same hook for every character, and I liked that they therefore didn't go on and on with no conclusion. I also thought most of it was funny.

CNZen was the funniest thing for me. I agree it didn't really mimic CNN. But it captured a mood that's sweeping the nation, and made it funny in a way that I liked.

This was a week when I didn't even think WU was the strongest part of the show, which is rare.  Not to say WU was bad--  it wasn't ! Jafar was particularly awesome. Bowen manages to find new uses for his outrage and snarky tone, and make it fresh every time. AMszing.

• Like 5
16 hours ago, vb68 said:

Update was on fire this week!

Man, the Hitler signing the book joke.

Bowen, Punkie, and Heidi were all fantastic. I think that was probably Heidi's best Update character.

Hey VB. I Also Think That Was Heidi's Best Update Character ! MAYBE, Boxer's Girlfriend Is Second ! NO ? That's IT ! I'm Taking The Kids To My Sisters !

8 hours ago, Ottis said:

I’ve always liked Molly Shannon, but she seemed weirdly nervous and out of breath a lot of the time. Pulled me out of the show.

A lot of the skits were odd. Like pregnant/gas, I thought she was pregnant but just with gas for a bit. Then couldn’t tell if the angle was she was dumb or manipulative, so some lines were iffy.

The valet skit was shaky and awkward. The Molly Shannon game was a good idea but not funny. The weird play “life story” was just not funny, period, until Keenan came out.

The audience seemed hesitant for all the Trump jokes in WU. That was interesting. Nice reach with the shine box/Goodfellas joke. And the “YouTuber shot” (“good!”) represents a weary nation.

I remember Mary Catherine Gallagher, but not Sally O’Malley. Guessing it was a skit I used to FF through like I wanted to tonight. Of all things, the Jonas Bros kept me tuned in with their willingless to be silly.

Ottis, IT Is Mary Katherine Gallagher ! Again, Sally O'Malley IS One OF Molly's Biggest Characters ! I LOVED IT And With The Jonas Brothers ! ! I Used To Not Love Her Or Mary Katherine ! ! I Liked Don't Even Get Me Started When She Was A Cast Member ! I Think My Favorite Character Was On Deep Dish ! Good Times ! Good Times ! 

5 hours ago, SHD said:

It was the slicked down hair, parted on the side, showing so much of his forehead that caught my attention. He wasn't sporting an *exact* little Hitler mustache, but coupled with the hairstyle, it just triggered a crappy memory of the Deutch monster.

• Like 7
12 hours ago, SomeTameGazelle said:

I wanted to like it more but it felt a bit sloppy. Was Molly supposed to have had a ticket to give the customers? She drew attention to not having one in a way that I didn't understand.

I think she was just meant to be nervous, but I can see what you mean about sloppiness. The performances just made me enjoy it. This originally aired at the end of the show (in dress rehearsal) and was then moved to early in the live episode, so that may have been a factor in sloppiness.

• Useful 1
On 4/9/2023 at 9:35 AM, rollacoaster said:

JAJ's Trump impression is good, but I feel they make him too slim. 

I have had that criticism from the start, and it is so jarring to me that it takes me out of the moment.

On 4/9/2023 at 2:30 AM, Irlandesa said:

The highlight of the ep for me was Bowen as Jafar during Update.  It was pitch perfect from start to finish.

I was so impressed at the costuming for the character.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, LuvMyShows said:

I have had that criticism from the start, and it is so jarring to me that it takes me out of the moment.

SNL is so great with costuming and makeup, I don't understand why they fail so hard with the Trump costume. 

On 4/9/2023 at 12:59 AM, Jody said:

Galileo, Why Was That A Silly Episode ? I Thought Except For Pablo Casals , This WAS The Best Show OF The Season ! Galileo, I Thought The Last Two Sketches Were Very Good ! ! I Do Agree That The Vertigited Was Not Funny Until Kenan Was Calling That V Jay Jay ! I Liked The First Song Better Than The Second Although I Liked Both Songs ! ! Usually, I Don't Care For Both Songs OF The Musical Guests Each Week Except Brandi Carlisle ! ! 

Hey Galileo. I Hated That Second Song Tonight ! I Felt Like Laughing Because OF How Stupid That Sounded Not Because IT Was Funny ! ! ! 

On 4/9/2023 at 5:31 AM, Pete Martell said:

I wasn't sure how I was going to feel about this episode. I didn't expect lots of cameos, as her last hosting stint didn't have any, although I did hope in vain we might get to see Ana Gasteyer again. I half-thought we'd get the side of Molly that had screaming and camp histrionics, because some of the current cast and writers eat that up, but Molly was more restrained, which I appreciated. She had a warmth to her spirit which carried through the cast, and the episode as a whole.

I don't think there was anything fantastic here, but there also wasn't anything I disliked. Even the Trump cold open, which I'm so tired of, was sharper and funnier than usual for me. My biggest complaint, again, was how overly padded out too many pieces were - that vagerted sketch went on half the night, and even when I was in a more generous mood toward Heidi and Bowen on Update, I felt like they just could have been cut right in half. 

My favorite sketches were the valet sketch (fun, silly performances and good energy - and Devon breaking and running off made me laugh) and the play sketch (a good concept, and so much motion swirling around without any dead spots). PDD can be samey, but I liked how they interacted with Molly, and how they calmed down their mania to let her react and keep her own comic style going. Some nice visual touches too, like the Molly fight to the death, and the old games about her life (the 1995 amused me).

Jeannie Darcy was one of my favorite Molly characters, one she hasn't missed a beat in playing, but all the focus on the crowd and celebrities got in the way for me. Ego and Punkie were OK, but Chloe as Sarah was just way off for me. 

The other impression sketch wasn't as bad, but beyond enjoying Molly's performance (Kenan as well) and finding JAJ's Lindsey Graham to be very amusing, this just felt like pandering to an audience who won't be watching. It's also, as @Galileo908 mentioned, not what CNN now is. The whole thing felt like something written 3-4 seasons ago.

I've seen some complaints about why didn't they make changes with Sally O'Malley, why is she still 50, but I don't think you can ever really change the character, and I think she's always going to say she's 50 (Bowen's character even questioned this in the sketch). Even if Molly didn't throw in as much energy as she used to, I still enjoyed her back and forth with the Jonas Brothers, which reminded me of something from Carol Burnett or Sonny and Cher. I'm not a big fan of SNL's security blanket type characters in recent years, but the amount of people online who were so happy to see Sally back and were proud to connect her to their own acceptance of their aging was somewhat moving to me.

Cut sketches (the only one I might want to see is the ant sketch)

Poor Andrew had a rough fall after the monologue.

Pete, I Thought  The Play Went Longer Than VJJ Did ! I Did NOT Think VJJ Went Half The Night ! I Liked The Play Though ! I Liked How Kenan Played Devon ! ! Yes, Pete, I Agree With You That Bowen And Heidi Could Be Split In Half ! ! I Liked When Molly Was A Rapper ! 

On 4/9/2023 at 7:56 AM, Ottis said:

Ottis, The Cold Open Was Kind OF Long And Mikey Needed Him To End The Sketch Because He Was Getting Tired OF Holding His Fingers That Way ! ! I Guess You Mean The People Would Not Want To Give Molly Gifts IF She Couldn't Tell Whether She Was Pregnant ! The Character Is Mary Katherine Gallagher ! Sally O'Malley Was One OF Her Most Famous Characters After Mary Katherine Gallagher ! The Thing Is That Was Around 1995 So She Would Be 70 And NOT 50 !