Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E13: Teacher Makeovers

• Start Topic

Another week, another shaky judging panel! You know something's wrong when production lets the guest judge directly contradict one of Michelle's critiques, and then puts Michelle in the position of having to defend herself (and unsuccessfully).

• Like 3

Sasha nailed this, she had family resemblance and vivacity.  Loosey successfully cloned her face but that's all; however yet again I would have put Mistress in the bottom instead.   Mistress really failed by dressing her daughter in unflattering all-black including dark face contouring while giving herself bright, eye-popping colors; she should have given herself the ugly/wicked look.  Luxx didn't even try to make a resemblance and did not give a good face or dress to her daughter, who looked sunburnt; I would have loved to see her go home for it.  Anetra did great and deserved the win but I didn't love the hand-waving on stage which felt like it lasted for hours.

• Like 11

Yeah I annoyed on Luxx’s behalf. That was so unfair. She did not belong in the bottom as she has been consistent, mistress should’ve been gone. They wanted her gone and used some bs excuse to send her away.  I agreed with her when she said she felt slighted!! 

Anyway you don’t have to win this show to capitalize on the exposure. 

• Like 1

I feel like Loosey sealed her fate by voting for herself as the next to go in the mini challenge. Even though the entire point was to vote with the group, I think that's the kind of move that Ru secretly holds against queens.

Loosey is a Taurus so I guess that means she is going to be mad about this forever.

I'm still hoping for either an Anetra or Sasha win. I think Anetra has had higher highs and lower lows, but Sasha has been consistently pretty good. I loved them both with their drag daughters this episode.

• Like 7
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Glade said:

however yet again I would have put Mistress in the bottom instead.   Mistress really failed by dressing her daughter in unflattering all-black including dark face contouring while giving herself bright, eye-popping colors; she should have given herself the ugly/wicked look. 

3 hours ago, CraftyHazel said:

Big. Red. X. Loosey’s teacher looked exactly like her!  And her LSFYL beat Luxx, who didn’t know the words and spent her energy writhing messily around the stage and hopping in front of Loosey every chance she got.

I was really feeling crazy watching this episode, so I'm glad to see that I wasn't the only one who thought Mistress' daughter looked awful (waaaaaaaaaaay too much fabric and too dark) and that Luxx's lipsync was a whole ass erratic mess. 

• Like 8

This whole episode seemed scripted to me from Mistress getting someone who could be her twin to Luxx completely ignoring her teacher to the judges immediately deciding Loosey had no chemistry with her teacher. Loosey probably had the most chemistry with her teacher.

The judges wanted her gone and wanted her to lip sync against Luxx who stood in front of her most of the song. I didn’t like this episode and didn’t get a warm feeling toward any of the queens like I usually get during make overs.

• Like 9
  • Applause 1
1 minute ago, Madding crowd said:

This whole episode seemed scripted to me from Mistress getting someone who could be her twin to Luxx completely ignoring her teacher to the judges immediately deciding Loosey had no chemistry with her teacher. Loosey probably had the most chemistry with her teacher.

The judges wanted her gone and wanted her to lip sync against Luxx who stood in front of her most of the song. I didn’t like this episode and didn’t get a warm feeling toward any of the queens like I usually get during make overs.

Completely agree. Beyond Anetra winning, this episode was terrible. I think the MIB and Luxx shade have made the season unwatchable.

Ross' comment about tiny heels on a teacher? Why hasn't he talked about MIB's flats?

It should have been MIB and Luxx in the bottom. 

My only hope is that Anetra or Sasha win it all. I'd like another AAPI winner. It has been a long time since Raja.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Luxx was a total fail, her teacher looked awful. Mistress will make it to the final three but I really can’t stand her, her look is ripping off Eureka and I hate the way she speaks, all the “eras” nonsense.

I’m finding Anitra hotter and hotter lately, as a boy and as a queen. 

• Like 7
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, Ms.Lulu said:

Ross' comment about tiny heels on a teacher? Why hasn't he talked about MIB's flats?

Ross' nonsense has really been bothering me for the past two seasons. I don't know if this a deliberate ploy by production to get him replaced by Nicole Byer, but we can only hope. 

I feel aggravated that the show has made me feel and act so defensively about a contestant that I haven't particularly enjoyed...and hasn't really provided me an alternate to love. Sasha and Anetra are fine...and that's about it. Bring back Salina and Marcia!

• Like 9
3 minutes ago, davidcalgary29 said:

I feel aggravated that the show has made me feel and act so defensively about a contestant that I haven't particularly enjoyed...and hasn't really provided me an alternate to love. Sasha and Anetra are fine...and that's about it. Bring back Salina and Marcia!

This!

Lucy is not my favorite. She wants it too much. I don't enjoy her in the workroom.

But MIB and Luxx have moved beyond shading Loosey so I defend her. This isn't like Bianca del Rio in season 6. Bianca read everyone, but you also saw a soft side so I liked her. No soft sides with MIB or Luxx.

Luxx didn't engage with her teacher, and I saw nothing special with MIB's family.

Anetra and Sasha winning will be the only way to salvage the season, and it still will rank as the work American season ever.

• Like 9

I need Mistress gone more than I need Luxx gone right now. I don't get the TPTB's plan - Ginger Minj, Latrice, even Eureka would have been better big girl winners. Instead the show slobbers all over Kandi Muse, Silky, and Mistress. Is it so they can guarantee no backlash when yet again, no plus size queen wins? Anetra/Sasha for F2, Anetra winning please.

What a horrid season this has been. They'd better fix it, pronto. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, davidcalgary29 said:

Justice for EsTitties!

The only thing that has stopped me from throttling Mistress through my TV is reminding myself that though she looks like she's 45, she's only 24. 

• Like 4
  • Mind Blown 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
9 minutes ago, rlc said:

The only thing that has stopped me from throttling Mistress through my TV is reminding myself that though she looks like she's 45, she's only 24. 

She is?!?!  Holy cow, I figured at least 10-12 years older than that!  And it’s not because of her size…I’m a plus-sized senior citizen and usually assumed to be at least 10-12 years younger than I am.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
5 hours ago, Madding crowd said:

This week's makeover challenge on Drag Race Belgique was certainly much more organic and heartfelt. And, probably as a result, much more fun to watch. The storylines in the latter half of the season have just felt very tired and expected.

• Like 3
On 3/25/2023 at 5:12 PM, Blissfool said:

I guess the guest judge didn't get the memo that she was supposed to say only bad things about Loosey. Michelle's face! 🤣

Yes, it was apparent that Ross and Michelle's objective was to build up all the queens except Loosey and nitpick Loosey's work with her drag partner.  If Ross is so adamant that he needs to look for the minor details, what about the major flaws, like what Luxx did to her partner?  I loved the guest judge disagreeing with Michelle, because her critique was nonsense, as well as her later clarification that Loosey and her partner had no chemistry.  Loosey's partner was great and didn't deserve those comments.  

My biggest fear is that the fix is in for MIB to win, as the first Big Girl to get the crown.  That would be a travesty because there are so many more deserving winners.  I would rather celebrate this achievement with a future queen (or All Stars favorite) than bestow it upon an undeserving queen.  The producers have been protecting her from lip-synching all season, so this is very sus.

• Like 6
  • Love 1
59 minutes ago, SemiCharmedLife said:

Yes, it was apparent that Ross and Michelle's objective was to build up all the queens except Loosey and nitpick Loosey's work with her drag partner.  If Ross is so adamant that he needs to look for the minor details, what about the major flaws, like what Luxx did to her partner?  I loved the guest judge disagreeing with Michelle, because her critique was nonsense, as well as her later clarification that Loosey and her partner had no chemistry.  Loosey's partner was great and didn't deserve those comments.  

My biggest fear is that the fix is in for MIB to win, as the first Big Girl to get the crown.  That would be a travesty because there are so many more deserving winners.  I would rather celebrate this achievement with a future queen (or All Stars favorite) than bestow it upon an undeserving queen.  The producers have been protecting her from lip-synching all season, so this is very sus.

The only thing that stops me from thinking MIB will take this is Sasha MF Colby. Of the remaining queens MIB is 3rd. We'll know the fix is in if RuPaul doesn't have them lip sync for the crown. 

• Like 2

I'm wondering if I'm watching the same scenes as the permanent judges. I'm so annoyed at the edit Loosey has been getting (I'm still Team Anetra or Sasha for the crown) and this episode pissed me off. Much like with Marcia Cubed, Ru/production wanted Loosey out so out she goes. I would've put Mistress in the LSFYL, you couldn't even see her drag daughter's dress, and kept Luxx in the bottom too, yeah Luxx's dress for her drag daughter was not great. 

There have been other, better plus size queens in seasons past worthier of the crown than MIB & I like Mistress. I doubt Ru would actually crown Mistress over Anetra or Sasha at this point tho. 

All the teachers were too cute, I'm glad they got to experience this on the show & also show to the kids & young people struggling out there that there are many allies out there. 

• Like 4
On 3/25/2023 at 4:10 PM, davidcalgary29 said:

Ross' nonsense has really been bothering me for the past two seasons. I don't know if this a deliberate ploy by production to get him replaced by Nicole Byer, but we can only hope. 

Well have you guys seen Salina Estitties DRAG Ross to shreds at a stand up show last week??  Very very spicy (apparently they've made up online since): 

• Like 1
  • Useful 2

This is some bullshit. I am not a Loosey fan but even a blind man can see that she did not deserve bottom two or to go home. The judges bending over backward to nitpick her to death is so obvious and frustrating. I hope they are getting dragged for it.

• Like 4
On 3/29/2023 at 4:41 PM, Ms.Lulu said:

Just watched fashion photo review. Raja and Raven picked Loosey and Lala as the top look of the week.

They didn't get the memo from RuPaul that it was the worst of the week.

I like how Raja and Raven express their true feelings and are not just touting the "party line."  I've recently started listening to Squirrel Friends, the Official Drag Race Podcast, and although I really like the hosts, they rubber stamp everything happening on the show, even the bs.  Sometimes the judges forget we have eyes and ears while they are furthering the storyline the producers set up for them.

• Like 3