Type keyword(s) to search

S27.E10: Week 9

Lamb18
  • Start Topic

What a mess!  A wanna be Sean boinks an always second girl then runs to his assumed final gal to tell what he did!

Rachael was right.  He's very immature!

I don't think this season can be saved.  Kaity will always think about this even if she is chosen.  On second thought there is one way to save the show!  Choose Gabi!

The only winner here is Ariel.  She escaped unharmed.  She was too classy for this show anyway!

• Like 9
  • Useful 1
18 hours ago, Hip-to-be-Square said:

Lastly, Ariel is gorgeous and leaps and bounds smarter than Zach and her humor and mind are completely wasted on him- she's an absolute catch and I hope her phone is blowing up with date offers in NYC.  

Agree. She is so poised, mature and interesting. I think she was too much for Zach. He didn’t connect with her on an emotional level, although he was physically attracted to her. Perhaps he wants someone who seems to need him more. I also couldn’t see him living in NYC and he didn’t seem comfortable with her family.

I guess they just weren’t the right match, but I still wish Ariel had been picked as the next Bachelorette instead of Charity. I don’t know if I’ll even watch Charity’s season.

I’m looking forward to hearing Ariel’s comments on ATFR, assuming she’ll be there. 

Edited by Sweet-tea
  • Like 5
  • Love 1
17 hours ago, TomGirl said:

I wonder if the REAL reason he confessed to Kaity about having sex with Gabi wasn’t so much about being “open” , “honest”, “transparent” (yada yada yada) but because he was afraid Gabi might tell Kaity herself.  He must be aware that the two are close friends.  He probably just wanted to get to put his spin on it first.

I 100 % believe that is the reason . I don’t fit a second believe it was about guilt . He wanted to confess before he got caught . 

• Like 9
20 hours ago, OldWiseOne said:

That's how we ended up with Juan Pablo!

This reminded me of Clare Crawley telling the camera how Juan Pablo whispered something very inappropriate in her ear during her one-on-one (No. 2?)  She still went ahead with pursuing him and it was pretty clear they had sex in the fantasy suite.  And she was still pissed as hell he didn't choose her.  Pretty desperate and gross.

So why is Gabi receiving so much hate?  I just don't get it.  There has been so much revolting behavior on this show regarding sex; it's been rife with it for 21 years!  Reading some of the comments criticizing Gabi, I don't know why her critics even watch this show.

And let's not forget what Zach said:  "It wasn't lust, it was love."  How anyone can pile the hate on Gabi and give Zach a pass after that is beyond me.  It seems that Kaity has quite the cheering squad and that's OK.  But there is no need to humiliate Gabi.  They're both lovely women and deserve better than Zach.

• Like 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Recyclorette said:

So why is Gabi receiving so much hate?  I just don't get it.  There has been so much revolting behavior on this show regarding sex; it's been rife with it for 21 years!  Reading some of the comments criticizing Gabi, I don't know why her critics even watch this show.

And let's not forget what Zach said:  "It wasn't lust, it was love."  How anyone can pile the hate on Gabi and give Zach a pass after that is beyond me.  It seems that Kaity has quite the cheering squad and that's OK.  But there is no need to humiliate Gabi.  They're both lovely women and deserve better than Zach.

Honest question:  what Gabi hate are you talking about?  Maybe I have missed something but almost all the comments here have been about Zach and how he screwed things up.  I don't think that people are blaming Gabi for the sleeping together.  They might be commenting on her freaking out because she wasn't scheduled first but basically the through line here is that Zach a) shouldn't have made an announcement that there would be no sex b) if he made it should have kept to it c) if he didn't keep to it he shouldn't have humiliated Gabi by then blabbing on national tv about it because he was afraid that Kaity would find out.  I believe that that's three strikes.

• Like 8
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Years ago I read an article where a contestant said that her feeling was that until and unless she had the "monogamy talk" with the bachelor she wasn't going to spend a lot of time thinking about it since she felt, outside of this bubble, she didn't hold anyone up to a standard until they had "the talk".

Probably a healthy view.

The bitchier side of me also wonders how good the sex could have been to have all this regret spiral from it.....

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
15 minutes ago, call me ishmael said:

Honest question:  what Gabi hate are you talking about?  Maybe I have missed something but almost all the comments here have been about Zach and how he screwed things up.  I don't think that people are blaming Gabi for the sleeping together.  They might be commenting on her freaking out because she wasn't scheduled first but basically the through line here is that Zach a) shouldn't have made an announcement that there would be no sex b) if he made it should have kept to it c) if he didn't keep to it he shouldn't have humiliated Gabi by then blabbing on national tv about it because he was afraid that Kaity would find out.  I believe that that's three strikes.

There are plenty of comments here and elsewhere implying that Gabi disrespected Zach's "no sex" rule.  That Gabi is some vixen who seduced HIM.  She's been a jokester right along and at some point, which could have been (and probably was) taken out of context she said, "We'll see about that," and it's being assumed she's talking about Zach's fantasy suite policy.

Some of the Bachelor YT sites also have some very nasty comments towards Gabi and I read that she is deleting many of her DMs because she is getting so much hate.  Zach betrays his own conviction, publicly humiliates Gabi and violates her trust, tells her multiple times that he loves her, keeps that fact from Kaity but tells her about the sex, then blames his behavior on "Catholic guilt."  What a gentleman.  But it's all Gabi's fault.  

• Like 6
  • Sad 1
9 hours ago, Sweet-tea said:

I guess they just weren’t the right match, but I still wish Ariel had been picked as the next Bachelorette instead of Charity. I don’t know if I’ll even watch Charity’s season.

I think an Ariel season would have been interesting and potentially unlike most B'ette seasons. I also think that Charity's season is going to be exactly the same as all the others. She's beautiful but kind of average personality wise. Other than her looks she just doesn't stand out to me. Ariel stood out not just as a beautiful woman but as in intriguing one too. I'm honestly kind of confused why she'd even do the show, she had to know the caliber of guy in this franchise is subpar. 

It blows my mind that Zach thinks it was a good idea to tell Kaity about Gabi when he did. I think he was right to tell her, just, not at the early part of her romantic, tonight we get alone time date. Wait until the doors close on the fantasy suite and the cameras are off. Tell her, and give her the option to leave the fantasy suite if she is bothered by it. Wait, are they allowed to leave once they've agreed to go in there? Does production lock them in, so once they say yes to the fantasy suite card, there is no turning back?

Maybe that's why he "couldn't resist" Gabi, because he was trapped and it was either fuck her or be pursued all night in a room he couldn't escape. Oh the poor boy! (please read that with so much dripping sarcasm that you need a life raft lest you drown in it because saying no to sex goes both ways. It's not just women who can pull together those two special letters that mean sex isn't going to happen. I don't care if Gabi stripped completely naked and spread her legs as wide as possible, he still could have kept it in his pants if it meant that much to him.)

Kaity needs to consider, if she is chosen, what will happen next time Someone "tempts" weak ass Zach. Sure, he'll confess when he cheats on her, but that's not really the same as not cheating in the first place. Not saying this was cheating, it wasn't, he's currently in an open relationship with both women, but he cheated on himself by breaking his no sex promise and if he can't keep that promise what other promises can't he keep.

• Like 2
  • Applause 4
15 hours ago, Crashcourse said:

Well, I guess my UO is that I don't think Ariel is all that, and she's just average to me.

*ducks out*  

I think one of the most unique and alluring things about Ariel is that she never once did a Bachelor Handshake and that makes her much more interesting than most of the other participants...

• Like 10
  • Applause 3
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, seacliffsal said:

I think one of the most unique and alluring things about Ariel is that she never once did a Bachelor Handshake and that makes her much more interesting than most of the other participants...

I don't think she could anyway with some of the outfits she wore.

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I wonder if this very supportive Instagram post means Kaity was concerned for Gaby over the negative feedback she received on social media. Kaity is such a nice person!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqGgw9vjAf_/?hl=en

Can anyone please tell me what the empty rectangles stand for? I thought they were what came up when an emoji doesn't appear for some reason like different operating systems. But the girls seem to be deliberately using them for something specific....

• Like 3

Not sure which empty rectangles you mean. They do seem to be emojis that maybe your device cannot translate. Hearts, a rose, praying hands, happy emojis, hug emoji, clapping hands emoji. They just look like the standard emojis...

Or I could be wrong. 

Keep sprinkling sunshine ;)  🫶  <-- this emoji is "heart hands" (putting the fingertips of your two hands together, and your thumbs together, to form a heart)

🎥 @bachelorrabbithole 🥰  First icon is a film camera, second one is a smiling face with 3 hearts

Edited by adhoc
  • Like 2

I would think a Catholic boy from Texas would just as soon raise his children in the same faith that he shares with his wife.  I highly doubt Ariel would give up her faith and I can't see Zach converting to Judaism. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that.  Trying to raise them in one or the other or in both faiths just always makes it seem incomplete.  I wonder if anything like that occurred to him at any time earlier as it seems it would have been kinder to let Ariel go earlier if he realized that was a nonstarter.  

• Like 3
4 hours ago, adhoc said:

Not sure which empty rectangles you mean. They do seem to be emojis that maybe your device cannot translate.

Yes that is what I thought they were🙃  - but all three of the final ladies posted the same photo of themselves at the last rose ceremony on their Instagram accounts and all of them used a row of empty rectangles as their 'comment'. It doesn't seem like they all could have used emojis that didn't translate.🤷🏻‍♀️
See here:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CqG16iVOlx_/

Edited by Melonie77
  • Like 1
On 3/20/2023 at 8:25 PM, DEL901 said:

I can’t sat Zach’s expression was joy when Ariel told him her feelings.  And she had to lean into him for the kiss.    With Kaity, he was so different.  

Kaity and Zach are both basic. He knows Ariel is too good for him. He's not looking for someone with a different culture, he's looking for a cute soccer mom who will mesh with his family.  I think that Zach and Kaity know they will end up together and he promised her no sex, but then sort of had second thoughts with Maddy. Now he's in the doghouse. 

Edited by bravofan27
Because soccer moms are a culture too.
  • Like 4

20 hours ago, Mswldflwr said:

I would think a Catholic boy from Texas would just as soon raise his children in the same faith that he shares with his wife.  I highly doubt Ariel would give up her faith and I can't see Zach converting to Judaism. And I don't think there's anything wrong with that.  Trying to raise them in one or the other or in both faiths just always makes it seem incomplete.  I wonder if anything like that occurred to him at any time earlier as it seems it would have been kinder to let Ariel go earlier if he realized that was a nonstarter.  

Do we know if Zach knows Ariel is Jewish? Or what that means? He doesn't know her middle name or birthday-- maybe figuring out her religion/ faith is part of how he gets to know someone years later. LOL

Given Zach doesn't seem to tolerate any type of discomfort, I will say one visit to temple he would be out out. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
33 minutes ago, bravofan27 said:

Do we know if Zach knows Ariel is Jewish? Or what that means? He doesn't know her middle name or birthday-- maybe figuring out her religion/ faith is part of how he gets to know someone years later.

Zach's method of "getting to know you" seems to be putting his hand on a woman's inner thigh and kissing her.

• LOL 6
On 3/22/2023 at 4:22 PM, DEL901 said:

She is hosting the new season of Bachelor in Paradise Canada!

I am very very stunned to hear that Sharleen is hosting BiP Canada.  Through the years I had loved reading her Bach/ette recaps and fashion analysis of the contestants, and respected her viewpoint as a well-spoken former contestant.  Then when the whole Chris Harrison/blackface-defending thing happened, she wrote a scathing post and quit the franchise entirely. Now to hear that she is full-on back in and on board with the franchise, really really really feels like a sell-out.

• Like 1
  • Mind Blown 1
  • Useful 3