Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E11: Two Queens, One Joke

• Start Topic

If ever Ru was going to have a Shante you both stay moment I think it should have been this one. I thought they both killed that lip sync. But of the two, I'm glad Anetra stayed. I think in general she has more talent. 

• Like 18
  • Applause 2
(edited)

I'm sad to see Marcia go, she's such a ray of sunshine; the editing made it obvious that she was going home, but really I don't agree that Mistress was better/funnier than her.    The decision for that group to do long-form stories was really painful.  Sasha nailed Patsi's look but didn't get funny until she riffed at the end.  L/L deserved the joint win but they had no competition because no one else was funny.  The lipsync was worthy of both staying.  Marcia and Blair Sinclair should totally start a girl group.  The extra 20 minutes added a lot tonight, and they better release the original/longer cuts of the rest of this season at some point.

Edited by Glade
  • Like 13
  • Love 1

A double shantay for the LSFYL wouldn't have been unwarranted on its own—Anetra's Free Willy leap over Marcia's Exorcist spider walk alone was fantastic—but I can see how Marcia's inexperience and limited drag tipped the scales against it. I definitely look forward to seeing her on All-Stars in two or three years, though. I'm just disappointed we didn't get to see more of what she can do as a dancer before she left—I was surprised she didn't change, since that dress probably held her back from cutting loose with the gymnastics. 

She and Blair definitely would be a killer twink duo. Marcia's better at the singing and dancing, Blair's better at the actual drag part of things, they'd just need a solid comedy queen to round things out.

• Like 8
  • Love 1

As soon as the episode started and I looked at the remaining queens, I said to my daughter that this was the week Ru would finally be able to eliminate Marcia. We fast forwarded through the Mistress/Es Titties 'comedy' portion because it was too crude to watch with my kid, but from what I saw, Mistress should not have been safe. Based on how much focus there had been on Mistress earlier in the episode, I thought she would win this week.

Add me to the list of people who thought that there should have been a double shante this week, but the second that Anetra free-willy'd over Marcia, my daughter yelled out 'Anetra just won'. Guess there were only 6 parts written for the Rusical (plus, Ru has been ready to send Marcia home since week 2).

• Like 8

Screamed as this lip sync was being performed.  Aneetra is the most exciting lip syncer I've ever seen on this show, can you imagine the absolute STORM of money that would cascade over her if that performance was in a bar?

Mistress is all talk and with zero to back it up when it came to this challenge and last week's interviews (she thought she had both in the bag and SALINA was going to be the weak link she'd have to cut free 🙄)

• Like 8

I thought all of the comedy sets were bad, I didn’t laugh once. Unless they are doing a straight up roast, stand up is hard. I really like Marcia and thought she did OK but Ru never warmed up to her so it was her time to go. I have never understood why it’s fine for queens like Courtney Act to wear minimal makeup but others are almost accused of not being a drag queen by doing the same thing.
And as a fellow ocular migraine sufferer, Michelle can shut it with her “It’s nothing to be afraid of” comments. It’s not being afraid, it’s being in pain and half blind. 

Edited by Madding crowd
  • Like 6
  • Love 1
56 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I didnt like the whole episode. I'm just not enjoying this season.

I am so with you on this.  I don't have anyone in particular that I want to see win, and I was Team Willow from the get go last year.  If I had a gun to my head, I'd say Anetra but I think it will be Sasha and I'm meh on that.

• Like 4
56 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I didnt like the whole episode. I'm just not enjoying this season.

The editing disaster of the first half has made it very difficult to become invested in any of the remaining contestants. With the exception of Salina (who is not going to win), the show's now lost its most likeable and charismatic personalities, and we're now being forced to settle for UNT again. I know that Sasha and Anetra are amazing, but it hasn't helped that the show's left so much of their best moments on the cutting floor. I think that the mini-challenge was the most engaged and exciting that Sasha's been in weeks.

• Like 4

I agree this should have been a double shantay. But maybe Ru is keeping that in case MIB has to lip sync in the next few weeks.

This was a disappointing comedy challenge from top to bottom. I wouldn't have had a winner.

Marcia wasn't going to win this season, and she shouldn't, but this wasn't the week so send her home.

Salina seems lined up to go next. which is too bad because I really like her.

Or maybe Loosey. She is getting such a Jan thirsty edit that there's no way she can win. 

At this point I can only hope that the final two are Sasha and Anetra and we get a lip sync for the crown that is worthy of a crown. 

• Like 11
3 hours ago, Christine said:

I am so with you on this.  I don't have anyone in particular that I want to see win, and I was Team Willow from the get go last year.  If I had a gun to my head, I'd say Anetra but I think it will be Sasha and I'm meh on that.

While I’m also meh on Sasha, I’d take her winning over Mistress.  

• Like 10

That was the worst standup challenge I’ve ever seen on this show. If I were Ru, there would have been no winner, and I would have given a stern warning. 
I like Marcia a lot, but she should have opened the show like a comedian opens the Oscars, roast a few people, roast the situation in general, make fun of drag, or of politicians who are campaigning against drag queens. 

• Like 7

I've rewatched the mini-challenge several times already.  Sasha, Mistress and Anetra were awesome.  But the jewel in this crown of this episode was the LSFYL.  Marcia was quite good, but she was no match for the powerhouse performance of Anetra.  Anetra's performance was one for the ages.

Now that the wheat has been gloriously separated from the chaff, I'm enjoying the ninety minute episode.  But I'm still happy the first several eps were hour long eps, there's no need for any more airtime for Aura, Robyn, Irene, Poppy, Jax, Amethyst, Malaysia and the worst sister act of all time Sugar & Spice.

• Like 2

I kept wanting to scream at the TV "where are the JOKES?" They all had a bunch of set ups that sounded like setups, but with no punchlines. And then the worst of the bunch didn't even have setups, they were just...talking.

You go on this show you know two things for sure: you're gonna play Snatch Game and you're gonna be asked to do standup. Sure, maybe you don't always know the context for the standup. It might have context you can't plan in advance. But seriously, come prepared with JOKES.

• Like 4

The best LSFYL this season thus far. Deserved a double-shantay if there is to be one. 

Another week Mistress could've/should've been in the bottom. But Ru knows that Marcia or Anetra would've wiped the floor with her in the lip sync. 

I just don't get the Mistress or Luxx hype. I think they're both overrated in regards to Drag Race as well as pretty toxic with their "shade". Not fun or funny to me. YMMV

Luxx knows what she's doing kissing Ru's ass. 

Happy Loosey got her win. She's an easy target that they're treating unfairly, but she's actually one of the few most consistently solid  queens this season. 

• Like 16

Hate that they have a competition that requires an even number of players when there's an odd number.

Loved Marcia. She was so gracious when she told Salina no hard feelings.

Is her boy name Marshall?

Is Salina's boy name Salvador? Im curious as to why its Salina instead of Selena.

• Like 3

I’ve been trying to think why I’m not crazy about Sasha and I think it’s that she is talked about like she is already a big star and the other queens are lucky to be in her presence. It’s not her fault but it would hardly be fair to newer queens to be competing against someone considered to be a big star or big catch for the show.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Blissfool said:

I think it's a reference to Luxx's read about her wardrobe being from Marshall's, Marshall's, Marshall's.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 2
2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Marty.

2 hours ago, Blissfool said:

Is Salina's boy name Salvador? Im curious as to why its Salina instead of Selena.

It's Jason! 😃

• Thanks 2
  • Useful 1

I LIVED for that mini challenge, Sasha & Anetra so slayed it. Sasha teasing her own hair & Anetra being fanned by the others before dropping right back into it were everything! 

I thought they all did awful with the comedy challenge, all should've been up for elimination. I agree with others re Ru wanting Marcia to go no matter what but I'm so happy that Marcia did SO well vs Anetra. I hope that her experiences here help her to grow and mature as a queen & that many opportunities appear for her. 

Salina's gleeful exclamation of "Free Willy!" complete with sound effect & hand gesture during her confessional of Anetra's move had me LOLing. 

I have a crush on Ali Wong, you can see how much if a fan of the show she (& her daughters) are. I love when true fans come on the show, you can see how happy they are to be there. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Kaboom 2.0 said:

I thought they all did awful with the comedy challenge, all should've been up for elimination.

They did.  Even the winners, Loosey and Luxx, got zero chuckles out of me.  Bracing myself for the next Loosey confessional -- "These girls need to start taking me SERIOUSLY!  I mean, I'm a top contender, I just won the comedy challenge wuth an ICONIC performance!"

Iconic doesn't mean "best of a bad lot" but I'm sure we'll hear some version of the above while she and Luxx fight about who really was number one 🙄

• Like 1
On 3/11/2023 at 7:07 PM, Blissfool said:

Is Salina's boy name Salvador? Im curious as to why its Salina instead of Selena

I assume that it's in reference to saline breast implants since the rest of her name is "EsTitties." It's both "Selena's titties" and "Saline titties" going on there.

• Useful 4
8 hours ago, Rai said:

I assume that it's in reference to saline breast implants since the rest of her name is "EsTitties." It's both "Selena's titties" and "Saline titties" going on there.

🤣

I always thought EsTitties was a play on "STDs"

• Like 2
  • Useful 1

I have to give Marcia her props.  She did a great lip-sync and I was hoping for a double shantay.  Anetra is a fabulous entertainer and a lip sync assassin, so to be able to put on such a great performance and go out that way is a success.  I think people will be talking about that performance for a very long time.

Sasha's runway fit the bill perfectly.  The look was shredded, unique and dragged up to the heavens.  

I'm glad Loosey and Luxx both won.  Loosey is a talented queen and doesn't deserve the thirsty edit she is getting.  Luxx is just as passionate about winning, but it's not perceived as desperate (nor should it be).  It's really cool those two squashed their beef, came up with a routine and won together.  World peace.

• Like 6

That mini challenge was everything! Loved MIB beating Marcia’s face, Sasha knocking off the wig to whip her hair back and forth and all her choreo, then Anetra went all Anetra… best mini challenge in a long long time!

Anetra is the true lip sync assassin. You give her an up tempo song and she will slay anyone. 

• Like 2
On 3/13/2023 at 4:34 PM, Kaboom 2.0 said:

Salina's gleeful exclamation of "Free Willy!" complete with sound effect & hand gesture during her confessional of Anetra's move had me LOLing. 

I watch this moment repeatedly and laugh out loud everytime.   

• Like 1