Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Discussion

halgia
  • Start Topic

Thanks cupcake for the fill-ins about this case.  Agreed that it should've been a 2 hour episode instead of an hour.  I have lots of questions about the case and the family.  7 children???  Nowadays, the only people having that many kids are Ultra Orthodox Jews and well-off LDS folks (okay, and the Duggars...) And then for the wife (who looks damn good for having so many kids - LOL) wants out of the marriage.  I'd also like to know more about the boyfriend (a/k/a victim's "best friend") AND the deal with his wife.  

Maybe somebody will eventually write a book about this case as there is probably a lot of interesting details here.   Just sad that Dateline finally has an interesting story and totally drops the ball.

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Midnight Sun said:

It's easier to penetrate the soil with a pointed-blade shovel. A square blade is best suited for lifting and removing dirt, gravel or snow. I'm somewhat familiar with these tools only because I garden in the summer and shovel a crapload of snow in the winter (wink, wink).

I’m somewhat familiar with shovels too. Not for the murderous reasons, LOL! I do my share of gardening.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, 12catcrazy said:

Thanks cupcake for the fill-ins about this case.  Agreed that it should've been a 2 hour episode instead of an hour.  I have lots of questions about the case and the family.  7 children???  Nowadays, the only people having that many kids are Ultra Orthodox Jews and well-off LDS folks (okay, and the Duggars...) And then for the wife (who looks damn good for having so many kids - LOL) wants out of the marriage.  I'd also like to know more about the boyfriend (a/k/a victim's "best friend") AND the deal with his wife.  

Maybe somebody will eventually write a book about this case as there is probably a lot of interesting details here.   Just sad that Dateline finally has an interesting story and totally drops the ball.

I sure hope there is a book.....just hope it is not Tucci that writes it or makes $$ from it!

I was thinking today that maybe there was a lot of stuff that Dateline taped, but couldnt use because of the appeals?. idk how that works but since there are 3 convicted, and then 3 attorneys, maybe they blocked a lot of stuff?. idk but it just seems like Dateline left soooooo much out of the story that it doesnt make sense. Like they completly left out all of the social media  and emails, and the text messages where Colin was coaching the younger sisters on how to frame Craig for abuse.....thats kinda important to the story!

Edited by Cupcake04
  • Love 6
On 9/23/2017 at 1:07 PM, veronicamers said:

And as to the affair, I feel like Dateline is always chronicling these cases where someone is sleeping with his or her spouse's best friend. And the cheated-on spouse (who has usually been murdered) is reported to have been all "It's cool. I just want her/him to be happy." Um, no. That does not compute. Most peoples' reaction to spousal infidelity with their close friend is not calm acceptance. It's betrayal, despair, anger. Not "Oh well. Hope I get invited to the wedding!" Come on. Not buying what Tucci was selling.

Yes, exactly!!  That was the first moment where I said to myself "Tucci is a giant liar and I'm guessing he's involved somehow".  I don't doubt that they came to some understanding, just because of the reality of his kids living in his friend's house.  But I'm not about to believe he found out and immediately said "Aw, good for y'all!"  Then later on when Tucci was trying to explain the bungee cords (we had to put the fooseball table in the U-Haul!) and the tarp (we had to paint the ceiling!)?  Just don't even try, nobody is believing this!

Also hilarious was when the sister shows up at the townhouse to find the ex-wife "cleaning up".  Cut to: the interior of her home with Tucci and it looks like a war zone.  I get that they were in the process of moving, but still...doesn't seem like keeping a tidy home was one of her priorities.

I just had no sympathy for anybody in this case.  The older kids and mother enlisting the younger kids to help set up the dad?  Why is it that none of them were independent enough to see that's a terrible thing to do?  The son who "only" tampered with evidence?  Dude, you're old enough to know better. I wasn't even sorry for Colin's fiancee who couldn't even seem to comprehend that her beloved KILLED HIS OWN FATHER and still wanted to build a future with him.  Did she see Colin's jeans with blood all over them?  Love is blind and all that, but maybe aim a little higher...

• Love 6
On 9/22/2017 at 11:08 PM, veronicamers said:

This episode ended and I was just like "Huh." I kept thinking some story would emerge about how Laura's sons were under her thumb, how she'd been manipulating them their whole lives, etc. There are lots of cases of children killing for their parents. This just seemed to come so quickly and out of nowhere. Is there more to this? I think it's clear the family did it (and the correct two were convicted), but I just keep feeling there must be some piece of the puzzle we weren't hearing about. 

I even watched twice, and felt weird about the verdicts.

• Love 1

What was the purpose of someone "plucking an arm hair" and stealing his phone?  I just couldn't get into this one...even with two watches.  This should have been a 2 hour show with Keith Morrison.

I loved Andrea's white blouse, but then she added the ugly necklace to it.

Many thanks cupcake for the updates and local links.  Yeah, a killer was set free.

One question though.  You said the younger kids weren't with their Dad the morning after the murder, yet the ex-wife came over to get them and clean?  I'm confused.  Did the little ones lie?

On 9/16/2017 at 8:07 PM, tobeannounced said:

Y'all are cracking me up with the comments about last night's episode. I could tell the two women apart because the wife had seriously frizzy, dry hair. And don't even get me started on those bangs.

Say what you will about the murderer, but he had some loyal friends. I wouldn't let ANYBODY keep a car with a dead body in it in my garage, not even my kid!

Ok, NOW I know which episode y'all are talking about once you mentioned her awful hair. I wanted to hold the wife down and forcibly hot iron that nest on her head. Lady, if you have naturally curly hair either iron it or embrace the curls. Dont brush it. 

It took most of the episode for me to figure out the wife and sister were two different people as well. 

• Love 1
On 9/17/2017 at 4:18 AM, GussieK said:

Now, let's get back to the murder-for-hire case. I kept looking for something to explain why they approached that car salesman for the murder. What made them think he'd be the go to guy?  That thread was just dropped. I tried researching it in on-line sources but came up empty handed.  Anyone know anything?  

According to the salesman the mistress had talked about her troubles, and his response was along the lines of if he could help and he knew people who could help. If he's being truthful his comments sounded just like an offer to find someone to do some damage to another person, fatally or otherwise. 

Meanwhile the doctor, who is a cheater and greedy insurance scammer and someone perfectly willing to pays others to horribly assault the insurance investigators, wants us to think he's really a nice guy who's just made bad decisions. Not buying what you're selling, Doc. 

Edited by bubbls
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, bubbls said:

According to the salesman the mistress had talked about her troubles, and his response was along the lines of if he could help and he knew people who could help. If he's being truthful his comments sounded just like an offer to find someone to do some damage to another person, fatally or otherwise. 

Meanwhile the doctor, who is a cheater and greedy insurance scammer and someone perfectly willing to pays others to horribly assault the insurance investigators, wants us to think he's really a nice guy who's just made bad decisions. Not buying what you're selling, Doc. 

That's what made me suspicious of the car salesman, to tell you the truth.  Why would he salesman have said such things?  To entrap her?  It's true he went right to his friend the cop, but was that what he had in mind?  I just don't get it.  It's almost like he wanted to help her by beating someone up but then when he realized it was more serious he decided to rat on them.

As for podiatrist/husband, yes, what a dirtbag.  First he starts out talking about how successful he was and all his many houses, cars, etc.  Well, you know when you see something like that they are living beyond their means and the financial scams will show up soon enough. 

Edited by GussieK
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, GussieK said:

It's almost like he wanted to help her by beating someone up but then when he realized it was more serious he decided to rat on them.

I think so also. He saw her as a woman in distress, and what’s the harm in hitting a guy a few times? Then realized how deep it was getting and did the right thing.

• Love 1

Yeah, I was suspicious of the car salesman as well based on his wording. 

And the thing about the doc was how many gazillions was he making legally with all his podiatry centers?? He appeared so legit in his interview. Is he just a psychopath who's really good at fooling people? It disturbs me when I can't pick up on mental defects when the facts support something so significantly wrong with the person's character. 

Edited by bubbls
  • Love 2

I may have misinterpreted, but I think he told her she could come to him if she was having problems with HER divorce. So, I do think it was kind of a "tough guy" speech... not an "I'll kill him for you" speech, but maybe a protective, macho male friend saying "If that guy tries to hurt you, I will have words with him" type of thing with regard to HER ex-husband. She misinterpreted the lengths he would go to and went to him instead regarding her new boyfriend's soon to be ex-wife.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

I may have misinterpreted, but I think he told her she could come to him if she was having problems with HER divorce. So, I do think it was kind of a "tough guy" speech... not an "I'll kill him for you" speech, but maybe a protective, macho male friend saying "If that guy tries to hurt you, I will have words with him" type of thing with regard to HER ex-husband. She misinterpreted the lengths he would go to and went to him instead regarding her new boyfriend's soon to be ex-wife.

I think this is the way it was too.  She then took advantage of her newfound friend and perhaps joked around at first, then said seriously, and then he was alarmed and went with it so that he could report it to the police and shut it down.  I still think the Haitian car salesman is a hero in this story and didn't start out as a bad guy gone good.  AAMOF I think he's so good, he could perhaps join the police force and become a detective himself!

• Love 1

Seriously. When they showed the photos of Cari's body with the tattoo towards the end, I actually said out loud, "You witch." 

And then when Liz said to the cops that she "wanted to get closure for Cari's family". I just...that is cold. The one lady said that she'd "snowballed" with this extravagant lie-I don't know that I'd describe it like that. I think it was just plain flat out sheer arrogance and cruelty. The fact that she willingly handed over her phone and sent e-mails to the cops knowing full well she was the one who crafted all that stuff speaks to that, I think. She wanted to keep the taunting going and thought she could get away with it, that the cops would be too stupid to figure it out. Joke's on her, thankfully-applause to the IT guy for all his hard work, and the cops for their clever ruses. 

But man. Wow. I feel so incredibly bad for Cari's son Max, and her mom Nancy. Those poor people. I've seen a few cases on other shows about people impersonating others to cover up and all, but...wow. This was scary detailed. 

I still manage to hate the smug, doofy, pleased with himself boyfriend more.

Heh,, yeah, he rather bugged me, too.  He had some odd responses to some things. 

ETA: I live in Iowa, and have also lived in Nebraska. Gotta love when your state(s) appear on these types of shows :/. 

Edited by Annber03
  • Love 9

Did they mention that Goyla posing as Cari texted Cari's employer saying she resigned and found a replacement. Her name. Shana Goyla.

How did I miss this?

From the article:

West Corp. considered Farver a stellar employee, but she was absent two days in November 2012 without any word, Schneider said.

A supervisor then received a text from Farver’s number, two days after her disappearance, saying she had resigned and taken a job in Kansas.

“I’ve found a replacement for my position, her name is Shanna Golyar,” Schneider testified that the message said.

Sure enough, Golyar applied for Farver’s position at West Corp., according to human resources records.

Golyar’s listed referral? Farver.

Golyar’s listed email? The same address Kava said was hidden in emails sent to the boyfriend, purporting to be from Farver.

• Love 9

Am I the only one who thinks this two hour Dateline could have been one hour? I thought it was obvious early on that Cari was likely dead and Liz was the one sending the texts/ threats. Even as early on as the texts that were sent to the boyfriend when he said he didn't want to move in with Cari. Not to mention all the grammar and spelling mistakes in the texts. But wow, one bat shit crazy evil woman is right! Of all the BSC murderers on these true crime shows, I think this is a first where one has killed her own pets (and her children's pets) to cover up her crime. As I recall, 2 dogs, 2 cats and a snake? To call her evil is too kind. 

The boyfriend bugged me too. And didn't appear to be that bright. When Keith asked him why he didn't change his phone number to avoid getting numerous texts from "Cari", he said he had done that a couple of times. Now was he just saying that, or did he really change his cell number a couple of times? And if he did, how in the world did he think "Cari" was getting his new numbers? Of course Liz had his new numbers. But how would Cari, who has disappeared to who knows where, get them? As I said, not too bright. 

• Love 13

If Liz had used an IP scrubber, blocker, she might never have been caught.

At first I thought that Cari might have gotten the new numbers due to her being extremely intelligent with computers. It’s not that hard to find out someone’s cell phone number online, even I’ve been able to do that when trying to track down an old friend.

But then I realized she never would have left her son. And that was Liz’s mistake also, if she’d not carried on this thing for three years, but let Cari go silent, she might not have been caught. That’s two big mistakes she made. But when you’re batshit crazy, you don’t think logically.

I didn’t care for Dave either, he didn’t come off too sympathetically. And I suspect since his “chooser is broken” (something my therapist told me 30 years ago), he will continue to pick the wrong women.

• Love 4

Scorned kept reminding me of the old warning about STDs, "You're not only sleeping with him but everyone he has ever slept with."  [Keith voice] Cari just wanted a short fling with her mechanic, but she brushed past evil on her way out the door.[/Keith voice]

• Love 10

The 2 cops that really tackled this crime were pretty darn smart. I just did not catch where they were from because there were three locations who had jurisdiction. just curious.  I will say i suspected the ex, but never really thought she could be that evil and threatening and have a job and kids.

I guess she was a good mutitasker. What a horrible crazy bitch and all for a really unimpressive guy.

• Love 7
4 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

At first I thought that Cari might have gotten the new numbers due to her being extremely intelligent with computers. It’s not that hard to find out someone’s cell phone number online, even I’ve been able to do that when trying to track down an old friend.

But then I realized she never would have left her son. And that was Liz’s mistake also, if she’d not carried on this thing for three years, but let Cari go silent, she might not have been caught. That’s two big mistakes she made. But when you’re batshit crazy, you don’t think logically.

I didn’t care for Dave either, he didn’t come off too sympathetically. And I suspect since his “chooser is broken” (something my therapist told me 30 years ago), he will continue to pick the wrong women.

Regarding cell phone numbers, are they published in the states? They aren't in Canada, so the only way I could find the cell phone number of someone would be if they posted it themselves (ie on social media). Mind you Dave could have blocked Cari's number, but personally I think he liked the attention. BSC or not. A friend of mine calls a woman who continually picks the wrong man a "bad dick picker". Lol. Not sure what the male version of that should be called. Mind you Dave's ex and Cari seemed 'normal', it was the one  in between who was the problem. I assume for Liz Dave was the best she could do, but not sure what his ex or Cari saw in him. Especially Cari.

I think Liz would have eventually been caught as she just did too many things outside of the texts. The cheque to buy Cari's furniture (what are the odds?), suggesting (via "Cari") herself for Cari's job, the continual texts to Cari's mom, not answering Cari's son's questions on FB, right down to a few years later setting up the scam that Cari was at a homeless shelter. I agree that if she had let it go much earlier she may not have been caught, but I also think no contact fairly early on to Cari's family from "Cari" would have pushed for an investigation into her disappearance, as opposed to months/years of Cari's family thinking that she chose to leave. 

Edited by UsernameFatigue
  • Love 5

I didn't see the first hour because ANW reruns and The Exorcist. I only flipped to Dateline when those were over, but it kept me for the entire last hour. I don't think I missed anything by not seeing the first half. I agree that Liz was batshit crazy. Or really, just another "normal" person according to the Dateline playbook. They show us a Liz every few weeks. However, she obviously wasn't too bright (people who can't spell three-letter words aren't ... I'm looking at you, 45) and she obviously was enjoying being "in control" of The Big Story. Even down to shooting herself. I wish they would have tested her for GSR, or tried to find the gun. But good on the IT cop (he was a hottie!) for digging into those IP addresses. Tip: Take some computer programming/IT classes if you are going to commit crime via computer. Dateline continues to depress me with how people think there's only one person in the world for them, and the solution to jealousy is murder. Jeepers.

"Mind-blowing sex." Ha ha, too funny Cooksdelight. I think it's not the sex, it's the overwhelming fear of being alone that causes jealousy and Dateline murder. Most people can't live alone, they put up with abuse of all sorts, just so they have SOMEONE in their life. It's either how they were raised, you HAVE to have a partner, or social pressure ("What's WRONG with him/her living alone?"). Plus people want to feel needed and wanted, even if it's by a creep. It takes a very strong person to be able to walk from any relationship and be alone. I mean, REALLY alone.

• Love 8
17 minutes ago, saber5055 said:

However, she obviously wasn't too bright (people who can't spell three-letter words aren't ... I'm looking at you, 45) 

The constant misspelling of words throughout the episode was definitely making me all twitchy :p. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

Was Cari a "wrong woman," though? Or the mom of his kids (her name escapes me)? Liz may have been an aberration for him - I hope. My son has a BSC ex and she had us all fooled for ages. Liz may have been similar. Did we ever hear why they broke up originally? I wonder if he had started to see her crazy side at all. 

I wonder if LE thought it was hinky when Liz claimed that Cari stole her checkbook. How would she have had the chance?

Edited by Tabbygirl521
Felt like kt
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Was Cari a "wrong woman," though? Or the mom of his kids (her name escapes me)? Liz may have been an aberration for him - I hope. My son has a BSC ex and she had us all fooled for ages. Liz may have been similar. Did we ever hear why they broke up originally? I wonder if he had started to see her crazy side at all. 

I wonder if LE thought it was hinky when Liz claimed that Cari stole her checkbook. How would she have had the chance?

Exactly, regarding the cheque book. Also when Liz was interviewed she said that she only met Cari once, when she passed her at Dave's apartment and Cari called her a bitch. But Cari supposedly recommended Liz for her job?The person she did not know, who called her a bitch, and was dating her ex?  Liz did several really dumb things that should have pointed authorities in her direction long before they did. 

So is there no option to keep your cell phone number private in the states, as I would presume there is a landline phone number? (At least there is in Canada regarding landlines, maybe not in the states?).  Not that I believe that Dave changed his cell number a couple of times, but there is no option to not have a BSC person have access to it? 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

She didn’t accuse Cari outright of taking it, until that check showed up. She probably said “Oh, must have been when she was vandalizing my house.

2 minutes ago, UsernameFatigue said:

So is there no option to keep your cell phone number private in the states, as I would presume there is a landline phone number? (At least there is in Canada regarding landlines, maybe not in the states?).  Not that I believe that Dave changed his cell number a couple of times, but there is no option to not have a BSC person have access to it?

Companies, such as Verizon, will routinely sell their customers’ numbers to telemarketers. I can always tell when that happens as I get a slew of robo calls. Your address, phone number (cell or otherwise) which political party you are registered with, etc., can all be found online.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

She didn’t accuse Cari outright of taking it, until that check showed up. She probably said “Oh, must have been when she was vandalizing my house.

Companies, such as Verizon, will routinely sell their customers’ numbers to telemarketers. I can always tell when that happens as I get a slew of robo calls. Your address, phone number (cell or otherwise) which political party you are registered with, etc., can all be found online.

Yes, companies here will also sell cell phone numbers, but I still could not find someone's cell number online unless they themselves posted it. Obviously very different from the states (by the sounds of it). We also have a Do Not Call registry which fines companies if they phone a  number that is on the Do Not Call Registry. I had a slew of calls awhile back, and reported the numbers. They are fined double if they call outside of certain hours, on top of calling a number they should not. Reporting them worked like a charm. 

Regarding whether Dave actually changed his number a couple of times (which he said he did but I don't necessarily believe) I would think that a new number is not going to be added online right away for someone to find? I know I can still find landline numbers online for people who no longer even have a landline. I don't remember Dave saying there was big gaps in the texts he was getting (as in he changed numbers but took "Cari" awhile to find the new number online). Of course that didn't happen anyway, since Liz had the numbers, and Dave doesn't seem bright enough to wonder why that may not have happened. 

3 hours ago, ari333 said:

It was fishy when it was only texts and emails... no voice messages. The dude seemed like a douche. He seemed to enjoy the stalking/attention. 

Ya, that should have been a pretty good indication to the cops that Cari was not the one doing the contacting. And yep, I think Dave loved the attention. 

51 minutes ago, Midnight Sun said:

Oh, Liz (or whatever the hell your name is), on my List of Freaks, you have attained a special level of lunacy.

How, I wonder, did she dispose of the gun that she shot herself with?  

I think she threw the gun in the water. From what I remember she was walking on a board walk where there was water? (I could be wrong). The police were searching for someone else and didn't seem to be searching for a weapon without the supposed person.  

• Love 1
20 hours ago, truebluesmoky said:

One of the most batshit crazy, evil female murderers we've ever seen on this show and I still manage to hate the smug, doofy, pleased with himself boyfriend more.

I didn't hate Dave more than Liz, but I did think he was a class-A jerk and wondered why anyone would date him.

19 hours ago, Annber03 said:

But man. Wow. I feel so incredibly bad for Cari's son Max, and her mom Nancy. Those poor people. I've seen a few cases on other shows about people impersonating others to cover up and all, but...wow. This was scary detailed.

I thought Max was shy and awkward, but awkward in a sweet way.  I hope he has a good rest of his life.  He certainly deserves some happiness.

19 hours ago, druzy said:

What mirror is this Casanova wannabe looking in? He bugged me as well but at least he's honest and tells the women he dates that he doesn't want to be in a commitmented relationship. 

He just wants to have uncommitted relationships where he ends up fathering two kids.  Still don't think that much of him.

17 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Am I the only one who thinks this two hour Dateline could have been one hour? I thought it was obvious early on that Cari was likely dead and Liz was the one sending the texts/ threats.

When I got to the 45-minute mark of Hour 1, I knew it was Liz.  Then, I got impatient with the episode and the cops (who seemed nice enough, and I LOVED the IT detective.)  I was thinking to myself, "People, it's Liz!  Let's move this along!"

4 hours ago, biakbiak said:

I must have missed the explanation of why Shauna went by Liz, I was confused when they showed her hospital bracelet.

Her middle initial was E, presumably, I assume for "Elizabeth."  They never explained why she went by Liz, just that she did.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, UsernameFatigue said:

We also have a Do Not Call registry which fines companies if they phone a  number that is on the Do Not Call Registry

I’ve been on Do Not Call forever. It doesn’t work, unless you take the time to report every number that calls you. :)

• Love 6

I enjoyed this episode- I wish Dateline would have dug a bit deeper into Liz's past though. That would have been interesting. For her to shoot herself in the thigh- WOW - that is the ultimate in BSC moves!

Even though we can all usually predict who did what at the beginning, I do love Dateline because they try to make it a mystery. This is one of my major complaints about the majority of the true crime shows on the ID Channel. They almost always start with telling us exactly who did what to who, and then telling the story of what happened. That makes it boring, and not a mystery.

Dateline is higher quality TV true crime IMO because they do attempt to tell an interesting story rather than just dump a bunch of info about the case like the cheap shows do.

If any Dateline producers happen to be reading here though, here is one suggestion I would make. You could really take your show up a notch if you would cut out ALL of the "coming up next" segments. You can leave the audience with a cliff-hanger right before commercial without those segments. I find them completely annoying and I fast-forward through them all because I don't want to be told what is coming next- I want to see it when it actually is shown. Cutting all those "coming up next" segments out would also add a fair bit of time for you to show longer portions of interviews and other things - more substance. And these days with everything being DVRed, its just another reason why they aren't necessary.

Edited by ChristmasJones
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, cooksdelight said:

I’ve been on Do Not Call forever. It doesn’t work, unless you take the time to report every number that calls you. :)

I would get a call or two once in awhile, but all of a sudden a couple of years ago I was getting multiple calls a day from multiple numbers. Over a two week or so period I recorded the numbers, and times called, then reported them all in one single call. Have never had a problem since.  But yes, it won't work unless you take the time to call. That is what the telemarketers are counting on - that people will be too lazy to call and report them. : )  It actually took very little of my time and was well worth it. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Ohmo said:

I thought Max was shy and awkward, but awkward in a sweet way.  I hope he has a good rest of his life.  He certainly deserves some happiness.

Agreed :). 

I wish Dateline would have dug a bit deeper into Liz's past though. That would have been interesting. 

I would've been interested to hear about that, too, yeah. What on earth happens in somebody's life to make them do something like that? Was she always that conniving and manipulative (my guess is yes)? Were there other people she taunted on a smaller scale prior to this? So many questions. 

• Love 6

Keith stated, around the time they showed the picture of the check for furniture, that Liz went by her middle name.

I'm kind of perplexed on how long this case went on.  First off, since "Cari" never spoke to anyone, that should have been a big clue.  If those two chuckle heads on Catfish know that the reason someone doesn't speak on the phone is because they're shrouding their identity, cops should be able to figure it out quickly.  Secondly, if "Cari" was breaking into Lover Boy's apartment on the regular, why not set up a camera on his door?  That could be done for less than $50.  He could have caught her a whole lot earlier; IMO he liked the "attention" of being pursued by multiple women.

As for Do Not Call registries, the real hangup on enforcing it is the callers either spoofing origin numbers or calling from somewhere outside of the country.  If the state or federal enforcement agencies don't have jurisdiction over them, there is nothing that can be done.

• Love 11
On 9/29/2017 at 9:44 PM, druzy said:

West Corp. considered Farver a stellar employee, but she was absent two days in November 2012 without any word, Schneider said.

A supervisor then received a text from Farver’s number, two days after her disappearance, saying she had resigned and taken a job in Kansas.

“I’ve found a replacement for my position, her name is Shanna Golyar,” Schneider testified that the message said.

Sure enough, Golyar applied for Farver’s position at West Corp., according to human resources records.

Golyar’s listed referral? Farver.

Golyar’s listed email? The same address Kava said was hidden in emails sent to the boyfriend, purporting to be from Farver.

11 hours ago, UsernameFatigue said:

Also when Liz was interviewed she said that she only met Cari once, when she passed her at Dave's apartment and Cari called her a bitch. But Cari supposedly recommended Liz for her job?The person she did not know, who called her a bitch, and was dating her ex?

Ha, this is a great find, thanks for posting a link to that article!

Yeah, the police should really have figured the Liz connection based on that alone.  I'm going to go out on a limb here based on the spelling we saw in the on-screen text messages that Liz sent that she had a different skill set than computer programmer Cari.  Sure, nobody will notice if you just show up and don't know what you're doing; they'll hire you based on the recommendation of short-time employee Cari who just stopped showing up and resigned by text.  Welp, no reason to investigate this "Liz" person on like day 5 of the missing person case!  We'll just give it a couple of years and see if Cari shows back up.  

Edited by rwgrab
  • Love 11
2 hours ago, Lizzing said:

If those two chuckle heads on Catfish know that the reason someone doesn't speak on the phone is because they're shrouding their identity, cops should be able to figure it out quickly.

Maybe Max & Nev need to get a PI license and join the cops.

• Love 5

I knew it was Liz when she said she went out to that lonely pier in the middle of the night, got out of her car in the dark, and just sat there, "to clear her head."  Who in the world ever really does that?

I keep thinking of Casanova's blonde ex-girlfriend, with him for ten years and two children and always hoping to get married.  Why do young women waste so much time on a loser like that? 

• Love 8

A side comment about DNC registry....when I bought tix through Ticketmaster a couple of months ago they obviously sold my number right away because my cell phone started blowing up.  I have a policy, however, that if I don't know the number I don't answer, and if they don't leave a message I block it.  Within a week all my unwanted calls stopped. ..

• Love 5