Type keyword(s) to search

S07.02: A Line in the Sand

Dirtybubble
  • Start Topic

I 100% believe Lindsay is in Carl’s ear. Remember the season they lived in the house the entire summer? Lindsay used to bitch when her then boyfriend was working, in the middle of the day. Her biggest complaint, other than he didn’t make her a sandwich, was that he works too much. 

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

Gabby was disrespectful to one of their beach guests because of his astrological sign. Also, Kyle bringing up Carl’s alleged hard drug habit(cocaine) was uncalled for at the dinner table. I understand Kyle being upset with Carl’s unprofessional behavior at work but calling out a serious drug habit was a  cheap shot in my opinion. I liked Danielle defending Carl in his absence and I don’t agree with Danielle on much of anything.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

Like of course Lindsay is in Carl's ear.  It's her boyfriend, of course they talk about work and she's going to pipe in her 2 cents.  This isn't rocket science.  Any partner would do the same I'm assuming.  What Kyle can't handle is that someone else has Carl's ear.  Plus since Carl is now in a relationship I'm sure he'd rather be more settled at home than on the road travelling and doing events like his job says he should, but that's a convo he needs to have with Kyle instead of whatever game they are playing.  

So, if I have this straight.... Mya is mad that Lindsay implied she's after Carl when she told her not to text her sober boyfriend to smoke a joint with her, mainly because she (the girlfriend) is choosing to be sober to support her boyfriend's sobriety.  Just because it's something you did in the past does not make it ok now.  Mya basically said she's offended by the way Lindsay spoke to her and that Lindsay did not officially say she was after her boyfriend.... but that it was inappropriate to smoke a joint with her boyfriend and therefore implied that Mya was after Carl sexually???  I'm Team Lindsay on this one.  I'm sure Lindsay was abrasive as fuck, but twisting Lindsay's words to make her look worse is bullshit.  Plus even though it's Carl's decision whether to smoke or not, I see Lindsay's point.  

Kyle talking about Carl's coke habit prior to being sober on camera is shitty and basically makes him unemployable.  Danielle was right to call him out on that.  

• Like 6
  • Applause 3

So six or so years ago Gabby's boyfriend cheated  on her and ghosted her and that's cause for giving up on love. Because that's never happened to anyone before. Then, based on a sample of one, she concludes that all Cancer men are assholes and uses that as a reason to be rude to a man who was nothing but pleasant and polite.

It looks like the prediction that Lindsay might be cast as the root of all evil in the house is correct. Yes, she's crazy and yes, the constant couple-ness is annoying, but Carl has a mind of his own. Maybe expect him to take responsibility for his decisions, Kyle. And Mya, you trusted Carl? Have you seen the show?

I'm glad to see them back in the city and going out.

I'd like to see more of Chris and Sam. Whiny Jessica from Winter House can take lessons from Sam in how to join a new group. And also in how to get compliments. Oliver and the Cancer guy can show up on my scene any time they want. Craig not so much.

• Like 4
  • Applause 1

My husband has never once advised me to check out of a job or not do it to the best of my ability, even when I was under appreciated. He did however tell me to continue to give it my all while I looked for something else. Carl should have come to Kyle, Kyle had 0 idea that Carl wanted more money. 

• Like 6

Kyle is beginning to sound like that Kevin Costner rant at the end of “Field of Dreams” regarding Carl’s sobriety.

”What’s in it for me!”

I think someone needs to pull him aside and tell him he probably isn’t going to have a catch with his Dad (Carl) at the end of this if he doesn’t calm down.

• Like 5
12 hours ago, Passing Strange said:

Then, based on a sample of one, she concludes that all Cancer men are assholes and uses that as a reason to be rude to a man who was nothing but pleasant and polite.

Gabby's been kind of fun to watch but she was horrid in that interaction!  He was so nice to her and then seemed totally caught off guard by her comments.  Like he thought she was joking until he realized...she's being serious.  

Gabby seems a bit like she's playing a character.  I wonder if we'll get a grasp of who she really is as a person? 

Mya is very likable but I feel like she's really working for relevance this year to keep her screen time.  Her storylines don't seem fitting for her personality.  Why is Oliver so instantly loveable??  Everyone seemed so warm and fuzzy to him too!

Amanda and Paige are going to end up hunchbacks if they don't work on their posture.  Amanda's is especially horrible.  Good Lord girl, pull those shoulders back!!  Are the boobies just weighing her down too much??

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

While I do think Kyle was drunk and shouldn't have been talking about Carl's work performance in public, let alone on camera, I don't have much sympathy for Carl since he's done this before.  The first few seasons were full of him losing jobs because he either didn't meet his sales quota or had shoddy attendance. His Linkedin employment history bears that out as well (in case you're interested). 

Kyle likely cut him more slack than most because they were friends, which makes Carl/Lindsey that much worse for acting as if he's some rock star employee who's being underpaid or somehow taken advantage of. From my understand, Kyle has a partner to answer to as well, so Carl no showing to events/meetings likely reflects poorly on him.

From what I've read, they plan to start a podcast together. It'd better be called "Babe".

New girl should get some therapy. I know past relationships impact your outlook but she scared that man away with her astrology bullshit. 

Loved Paige commenting on societal expectations and how she doesn't give a shit that people expect her & Craig to get engaged just because they've been together awhile and she's 30. If they're happy, let them be, it works for them. 

I like the new guy, wish they'd have included his hot friend in the cast as well.

• Like 10
  • Applause 1

I do see Carl’s point about trying to sell alcohol in an alcohol-laden environment when he is battling his sobriety.  That is like asking a recovering alkie to bartend on the weekends.  It is tough to do and do well.

On the other hand, Carl is not blameless for skipping out on his responsibilities.  Ditching out of meetings and not getting out there with clients?  A VP of Sales does those things and more and typically for a darned good salary.  Part of the job description.  

Whether Lindsey is in his ear or not, Carl needs to take the responsibility for his actions and either straighten up or get out.  On his current trajectory, Carl is failing in his responsibilities and could well cost Loverboy more than just the one client.

• Like 6
22 hours ago, ninjago said:

Negging is such a loser move, whether it's from a woman or a man.  And Gabby doesn't have enough going for her outside the TV cameras to have that guy take her shit.

Gabby is like that girl on Seinfeld who, you look at her one minute and she's attractive, but the next minute she looks ugly. 🤣  Her behavior towards that guy was atrocious and might explain why her ex ghosted her.  I'm not sure how to take her at this point.  Her parents seemed nice and supportive at least. 

• Like 9

Kyle outing Carl’s former coke use was so out of line. He’s no longer does that now. He’s possibly looking for other employment. Kyles intent is to make Carl unemployable again. I was shocked (not that Carl does coke but that Kyle was so messy) & disappointed Kyle can’t handle Karl having a serious relationship. 
Mya can get over herself. Why try to smoke with Carl? He has a girlfriend and is sober. Totally inappropriate and she’s butt hurt she’s no longer able to whine to him. Second season Mya is a brat. 

• Like 11

The thing that bugs me about Danielle has always been her blind devotion to Carl and Linds.  Did she not see how they treat their so called friends in the past?  Kyle was absolutely wrong from calling out Carl's drug addiction while he wasn't there HOWEVER Carl was a coke user plain and simple.  His behavior was displayed in past seasons.  C & L aren't helpless children so this need to fight their battles and stick up for them?!...F that!  They hung themselves with their own ropes.

Gabby is like that girl on Seinfeld who, you look at her one minute and she's attractive, but the next minute she looks ugly. 🤣  Her behavior towards that guy was atrocious and might explain why her ex ghosted her.  I'm not sure how to take her at this point.  Her parents seemed nice and supportive at least. 

I've never liked the idea of judging someone's entire personality on their birthday.  Not to mention they are Pseudoscience.  Yeah zodiac signs are fun and a cute way to get a reading on someone but to completely dismiss someone because of that--gurl I hope this is an act for the cameras and you don't actually behave this way.

sheldon cooper.jpg

Edited by Dirtybubble
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1
20 hours ago, Crazydoxielady said:

Mya can get over herself. Why try to smoke with Carl? He has a girlfriend and is sober. Totally inappropriate and she’s butt hurt she’s no longer able to whine to him. Second season Mya is a brat. 

I'm on Lindsay's side on this.  I'm all for my man having friends of the opposite sex...as long as they're friends with both of us, and as long as they know that my relationship with him trumps your frienship...PERIOD!!!  There will be no intimate one on one activities between the two of you, especially if that activity is detrimental to his life with me.  Plus it's not like Mya was a lifelong friend of Carl's.  She's known him all of under 2 years.  Stop acting like y'all been busom buddies for years.  She irks me sometimes.  And now she said on WWHL she's broken up with what's his face. I wonder what dysfunction brought that on. 

• Like 3
  • Applause 1
  • Love 1

Yikes on the coked out comment. I mean we all know it’s going down but it’s not usually spoken about lol.

Ciara please stop talking about Austen. Enough. No one gives a fuck and never did give a fuck.

Mya is such a dumb bitch. 

Edited by Marley
  • Like 3
  • Applause 1
8 hours ago, Marley said:

Ciara please stop talking about Austen. Enough. No one gives a fuck and never did give a fuck.

It's really a bummer because he's so so lame and she should never be thinking about him again. Respect yourself, Ciara!

• Like 6

Amanda looks rough. And she needs to cut her hair. It's way too thin to have it that long.

Mya sucks. Gaby is lame.

Kyle needs to grow up.

I'm not feeling any of these people any more. They need to add more exciting guys.

Edited by AEJ79
  • Like 6

Kyle outing Carl’s former coke use was so out of line. He’s no longer does that now. He’s possibly looking for other employment. Kyles intent is to make Carl unemployable again. I was shocked (not that Carl does coke but that Kyle was so messy) & disappointed Kyle can’t handle Karl having a serious relationship. 

Didn't we already know that Carl was not only drinking but doing Coke?  Maybe I saw it elsewhere and not on the show.  Carl has been pretty good about coming clean on his past addictions, so I am not sure if it was totally out of line in his conversation with Kyle.  That being said I am on Team Kyle.  I remember the first couple of seasons and Carl was a walking mess.  Could not hold down jobs and even when Kyle gave him a job he fucked up several times due to his addictions.  But Kyle did not fire him.  Now Lindsey, who is also a (or was) a friend of Kyle's, knows all this past history.  But she still feels she needs to tell Carl he deserves better and should go out and get a better job.  This could be a very big mistake on Carl's part.  He will not get the pass he has gotten from Kyle in the past and could be gainfully unemployed rather quickly.

And it is shitty for Lindsey to put it in Carl's head that Kyle has not been a good friend or boss.  I don't see them lasting long if Carl throws it all away and ends up with nothing.  I am not saying this is the only job he could keep.  But if he is unhappy working with Kyle, he needs to be a grownup and either work it out with Kyle or let Kyle know he is leaving.  Not leave because Lindsey told him to.

• Like 7
1 hour ago, gaPeach said:

Didn't we already know that Carl was not only drinking but doing Coke?  Maybe I saw it elsewhere and not on the show.  Carl has been pretty good about coming clean on his past addictions, so I am not sure if it was totally out of line in his conversation with Kyle.  That being said I am on Team Kyle.  I remember the first couple of seasons and Carl was a walking mess.  Could not hold down jobs and even when Kyle gave him a job he fucked up several times due to his addictions.  But Kyle did not fire him.  Now Lindsey, who is also a (or was) a friend of Kyle's, knows all this past history.  But she still feels she needs to tell Carl he deserves better and should go out and get a better job.  This could be a very big mistake on Carl's part.  He will not get the pass he has gotten from Kyle in the past and could be gainfully unemployed rather quickly.

And it is shitty for Lindsey to put it in Carl's head that Kyle has not been a good friend or boss.  I don't see them lasting long if Carl throws it all away and ends up with nothing.  I am not saying this is the only job he could keep.  But if he is unhappy working with Kyle, he needs to be a grownup and either work it out with Kyle or let Kyle know he is leaving.  Not leave because Lindsey told him to.

Agree. I think this is a bit of self sabotage on Lindsey's part. She always seems to want something that is just beyond the current state of her relationship. She's always pushing for something she doesn't have and thinks she needs in order to be happy and fulfilled. 

Whether it's moving in together (I think that was Everett), a commitment (Carl, the first time) a f*cking sandwich and more time spent together when her partner was working a full-time real job during the day and some evenings (Stravy) or a bigger/better job (Carl 2.0).

ETA: not all of those things are out of the realm of what is reasonable in a relationship, but Lindsey seems to want them when she knows they aren't available. Then she becomes a monster when she doesn't get them and the relationship fails. That's not really all her fault, but she is definitely one who can be blind to the writing on the wall and just wants what she wants when she wants it.

God help him if he tries to recreate any of their dates as a surprise.

Edited by RedDelicious
  • Like 2
  • Applause 1

I think it was stupid to not get the CA trip approved when Loverboy apparently has an unlimited vacation policy but the idea that you owe a company your eternal allegiance because they hired you when other companies didn’t want to is ridiculous.  And I agree with Danielle that bringing up things that happened prior to Carl’s sobriety is a cheap shot and irrelevant.  

Mya bothers me, I think it’s her faux coolgirl act.  She was so not okay with Ciara’s MyBoYfReNdDd! act with Oliver but said nothing.  And the beach with Lindsay was a sad look for her.

Paige has barely existed this season.  Has Craig drained the funny out of her at last? 

Gabby reminds me of Sarah Jessica Parker. No I will not be taking questions.

• Like 5